All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here7 Hope Blvd, Galveston, TX, 77554, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice hotel, long wait for services"
We stayed at Moody Gardens hotel as we were here for the holiday experience - Festival Of Lights, Iceland, pyramids etc. We were very pleased with the room and hotel facilities (heated pool, kids activities, cleanliness etc). The hotel was probably full as it was thanksgiving week-end and as a result there was a long wait for anything : breakfast or dinner at the restaurant ? 30 minutes minimum. Housekeeping ? Not before 5pm. Room service ? 45 minutes for 2 drinks (the minibar was not stocked). We were also not enthused with the quality of the food (in particular, breakfast - that we had to skip the first day due to the long line and that we ordered room service the second day - was horrible, especially given the price). Overall we were pleased and will stay again, but we will definitely plan our meals outside.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Muriel
"Great Thanksgiving weekend getaway"
Had a wonderful visit. Tried to get table into 9th floor restaurant, but was fully booked. Told could eat across hall with a limited menu. Food & view were excellent. Could use better signage to hotel parking from road.
2 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Patrick
"only problem long lines at check in but nice stay"
Everything was perfect except check in was un organized with long lines
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
pamela
"Okay stay."
It was a quick family get away. I thought the hotel was nice.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
"Convenient location"
Friendly staff, nice rooms easy parking. Ideal family hotel.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Overnight visit"
I would rate the hotel 3 1/2 stars. The lobby was nicely decorated for the holidays and it is conveniently located to walk to the Moody Garden activities. Upon check in, the staff member wasn't very friendly but we were promptly checked in. There was a concierge stand but no one was there to answer our questions on a Monday. The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel food at the cafe was okay for something quick.
1 night trip with friends Nov 24, 2014
Michele
"Great hotel location"
Very hospitable staff. Food was great, view was great, easy to find and navigate from. I am part of an MC from Houston and the hotel allowed all guests with motorcycles to park along the entrance way to the hotel. This provided a safety factor for us and also made it easy to get from our motorcycles to the hotel.
Goomba
"Nice and pleasant"
We were there for the lone star bikers rally 2014. The hotel was nice/clean and the entire hotel staff was excellent. The free parking was a plus. Its a must do again type hotel. The price was a bit elevated for the event but worth it.
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2014
SIMON
"Great getaway."
Nice weekend. Shopped on the Strand, ate at The Spot (okay, but would not eat there again). Had a great stay. Pool was heated, kids loved it. Great place to stay.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Dorty
"Very Nice"
Very nice and clean. Loved the heated pool and hot tub. Can't wait to return.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
TRACY
"Anniversary couple"
we had a spa treatment and it was wonderful. They don't give a very good deep tissue massage but otherwise it was wonderful. Especially the pedicures the girls were awesome.
1 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
Very professional and courteous staff, very nice place. My only complaint would be walls are very thin and bathrooms are very noisy so not a place to stay if you want to sleep in.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
"great getaway"
had a wonderful get away.. Staff was great. Had a little trouble with the Tv in the room loosing service every 10 or 15 minutes so don't recommend any movies but loved the spa.
2 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
Carolyn
"Lovely place for some R n R"
Nice relaxing weekend lovely spa and wonderful pool area
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Great Place for the Money"
Located away from the crowds. Lots of things to do during the warmer months. Great value.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
Josh
"NICE!"
We really enjoyed the stay, hotel was nice, food was overpriced tho.
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Family get away"
Everythings was nice and confortable.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Jose
"Disapponited"
first the hotel is beautiful and very clean. We picked this hotel becaues of a friend had enjoyed her stay there. I was also celebrating my 59th birthday. Upon arriving we submitted our charge card for the room,the card was declinned desk clerk in turned handed the card back to us and was very rude and sharp "Its declined" i in turn said "Thats impossible i always check my card before leaving on a trip" i handed her back the card, She swiped it again and of course it worked. I believe she could have handled it with better taste. Not even to offer to swipe it again or to even say "It could be the machine or maybe i swiped it to fast. This was not the way i wanted to start my weekend,we drove five hours to enjoy the area.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Eluteria
"Need to getaway?"
Went once and now gone back 3 times, love the food, sun, ad staff
1 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2014
NATHAN
"Very nice"
The only thing that i did not like is that the tv was not working properly!! The light kept going off!!
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Maria
"Great Location/Clean/Awesome Pool"
Location is great, can walk to Moody Gardens attractions, close to Pleasure Pier, Pool is huge, heated, and great (has a swim up bar and waterfall) fitness center is HUGE! Rooms were clean, spacious, and ac worked great. Has a starbucks which we loved. All staff was very nice and helpful!
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2014
Brandi
"Moody Gardens Hotel"
Very nice, clean, comfortable room. Lots of parking, very safe. Hotel close to everything. Grounds at hotel beautiful despite lots of rain the week prior to our trip. Nothing but wonderful things to say about our stay.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Rob S
"Lone star triathlon"
Loved the entire experience. I'll be back soon. Mic
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
jv
"Very nice hotel, a lot of things to do."
I had family come in from out of town. They had small children who I thought would enjoy the activities etc. Since check in was not til much later in the afternoon, we did not have a room key to use the pool for the children. We then went to the beach to kill time. By the time we got back, everything other that the pool were closed. Not a big deal, we just went to the pool. Later in the vening, we ordered room service, 2 pizzas. I think they were $17.00 each, with some random charges including tip I believe came out to be $47.00. Ten dollars over what it should have been. Not the end of the world. It was HORRIBLE. The cot was equally as bad, very loud and uncomfortable. The wins were the staff was friendly and quick to respond to any needs, and the establishment was well manicured and maintained.
kristie
"Perfect location"
I booked this hotel because of the location. I participated in the 5150 triathlon and everything was located next to the hotel. The pool was amazing and my kids were able to play and have fun. Rooms had plenty of room and the beds were very comfortable .
Brandy
"Beautiful Hotel"
I took my 2 granddaughters ages 10 & 7 for a girls weekend. The girls were so excited and the entire hotel staff from the front desk to the restaurant staff made them feel as though they were princesses. I can not tell you how delighted I am that I chose this location for their first real hotel experience and made memories beyond our wildest dream. The girls thought that the valet was their personal chauffer as Mr. Ray took us in the golf cart to the visitor's center to get all our tickets for the attractions so each time the 7 yr. old didn't want to walk she just wanted to call Mr. Ray to come get her . And then before we left I think they both knew most of the staff . When the girls wanted anything they didn't know exactly where it was or what time something started they said just call Kristina (front desk) she will do it for us she said if we needed anything just call so Mimi we can call her .... The hotel is very kid friendly with lots of activities for them to do even if you didn't want to do any paying attractions they have full day activities for free. Oh and the restaurant staff also made over them with pulling out their chairs and putting the napkins in their laps and per our waiter only crystal glasses would do for these young ladies.. It was so nice to see that everyone loved their jobs and made our time so special . What a special treat for all 3 of us girls ... Thanks again Brenda
Brenda
"Great weekend!"
We had a blast! We enjoy the pool with my daughters. Its perfect for a long weekend stay!
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Family fun in the Moody Gardens area"
We stayed for the Galveston 5150 as a family of 5 (three small kids). Large, well-appointed room and nice facilities in the property. It exceeded our expectations.
E
"All encompassing!"
Clean, stocked, and beautifully decorated and furnished room; nice amenities; quiet. Their spa provided one of the most relaxing facial experiences i have ever had and included lounging in a darkened, quiet meditation room pre and post facial! The beach is just a short drive away and the moody gardens pyramids are just a short walk from the hotel. A wonderful experience and well worth the money.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Darla
"Always Great"
We have stayed here many times and it is always great!
2 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
cmciver
"Pre-Cruise"
Check-in needed more help at 4 PM. Thank you to the Bell Hop for telling us about the parking garage. Very nice visit.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Dave & Lynne
"Next to Schlitterban"
Not worth the money. Room nice, service not so nice.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Fun stay"
We had a very nice stay at Moody Gardens, my only complaint is the immediate exterior of the hotel had hundreds of mosquitos. I know they can not control the entire grounds, but the exterior patios and pools area should be fogged. We have stayed here several times and this is the first time the bugs could carry you away.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
"Nice Place"
We are a family of four that went to Galveston to experience Moody Gardens Aquarium and other attractions. The hotel was clean and nice. It great for my family with great location. I did not shop prices much but I thought the room rate was high when I booked. It was worth the price, in the end, for our family.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Weekend getaway"
I live in Houston but have never been to the Moody Gardens Hotel. Every time I checked the prices were too high. Well, I found a good deal on Expedia and booked it. It was waaay better than I imagined it would be. The staff was very accommodating and it was much more upscale than I thought it would be. I did not know that Palm Beach was included in the price and found out when I checked in. It wasn't for us as we were on a romantic trip and Palm Beach was more for families with kids. Get to know the restaurants and their menu and prices before you go as one of the hotel restaurants had buffets but they began at a certain time. My only regret is not knowing more about what the hotel offered in order to take advantage of it.
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Margaret
"Great place to stay for any kind of event"
The hotel itself is great as a whole and very family friendly. The only disappointment - the hotel guests have access to three Palm Beach, and are instructed not to take towels there, but there were no clean towels available both times we went there. :(
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2014
Olga
"Labor Day weekend"
The hotel was not worth the cost. The breakfast buffett was bland tasting. The internet was down for most of one day. The poolheater was broken and the pool was FREEZING. The private beach was too crowded and not really a beach. The shampoo was terrible!
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
The hotel is nice, we enjoyed the pool and they also give you access to their Palmbeach. Although for the price I expected at last a simple breakfast. Something I did notice is the lack of proper ventilation in the bathroom, but besides that it was great staying there
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
Alfredo Hernandez
"Amazing location and beautiful hotel"
It was amazing! I wish I would of found Moody Gardens much sooner! Beautiful hotel and amazing amenities! This is a must see hotel and deifintely a place you will return!
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Many amenities"
The entire hotel decor and landscape were lovely. The facility and its available activities were quite entertaining. The service in the cafe for breakfast was substandard. Check-in took much too long. The exercise room treadmills were worn out.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Pat M
"Nice view"
FUN, FUN, FUN .... Beautiful. Lots to look at. Lots of things to do. Very friendly people.
Kari
"Great family stay"
We had a great last summer vacation with our kids. Palm Beach was very relaxing and the pool at the hotel was great as well.
"Little vacations"
Nice hotel to take a vacations, very good comfort, nice places to visit around the hotel
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Great staff, great hotel"
We had three rooms. Overall hotel experience was great. Very clean and comfortable. I would highly recomend this to all.
Amir
"Labor Day Trip"
Was very kid friendly, clean and staff was very nice. Just very crowded at the pool and very little monitoring of kids running around and falling over things.
Alexandra
"No newspaper."
The stay was wonderful, but when I woke up in the morning there were papers outside of everyone's room but mine. This was the only negative thing I can say though. Everything else was wonderful.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2014
Duane
"Over the top great !"
We had a ball, being their for our 61st Wedding Anniversary, and were there for only 28 hours, but it felt like 28 days of joy. Dr. And Mrs. Virgil A. Wood
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Virgil
"beautiful hotel & attractions"
very fun and kid friendly! staff was attentive... close drive to the beach!!
Other trip Aug 29, 2014
Sara
"Beautiful clean hotel"
Hotel staff friendly at check-in and during our stay. Hotel and room was clean as was the rest of the property. Beds were comfortable and we slept well. Took advantage of the free shuttle to other parts of the property.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
"Good hotel for families with young children!"
We were slightly disappointed right off the bat..they had one valet attendant and had to wait for about 30 minutes to have car parked. Once in the room, the toilet was not flushed and was disgusting! Housekeeping explained they had plumbing problems the day before! Room overall was very nice though. Went to pool and although there were many empty loungers with hotel towels on them, there was not 1 available chair. We believed probably people had left pool and not picked up their towel..so note to hotel staff, pick up stray towels so other guests may enjoy the loungers. Shortage of bartenders at pool bat..we felt invisible for awhile! Palm beach lazy river was milky..probably from the sand. Anyways...this hotel is best for children ..not really for adults on a get away weekend!
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014