All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America

Awesome vibe
    Great amenities
    Great pool
    Bad internet service
The location is just perfect. The lady at the front desk was so nice and kind as a professional . Highly recommend hotel.
Other trip Sep 9, 2015
"Luxury with a view"
Perfect hotel stay. Love the location. Friendly, helpful staff. Spacious, luxurious room with a great view. Wonderful amenities. Wouldn't change a thing!
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Excellent. We will return
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Cecelia
Excellent always kind and great with service . No problems getting what we need
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
quick getaway
"Apocalyptic Mosquitoes!! Giant Roach!!"
Huge Roach in our Room. Tons of mosquitoes. No appointments available for spa. Disappointed
2 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Perla
"It was ok..."
It was ok, the room furniture was a little worn and bath tub needed a majoring cleaning or replacing. I expected more for the price. Service was excellent.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
"Galveston"
We loved this hotel very much and will definitely be back!
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2015
Alma
"Beautiful Hotel"
This was my first trip to Galveston and Moody Gardens is the best hotel for its attractions, views of the pyramids, fabulous rooms and hospitality. It's nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of Seawall Blvd. Moody Gardens offers free entrance to Palm Beach, a family friendly and water park. I recommend taking the whole family to stay at Moody Gardens!
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
Brenda
"not very happy"
Had arrived with heavy rains and flooding to enjoy the water park and pool there. Room air conditioner leaking , room smelled like Mildew carpet wet all over room. Had to change rooms. Left a day early hoping to be refunded due to weather and pools closed. Hotel Manager said she would notify you that we checked out a day early to get a refund due to weather. Hopefully we will be able to refund. We were on a cruise and didn't know the weather was going to be bad in time to cancel the whole stay. than the condition of the room and first of all when we checked in she didnt have our reservation. Bad experience all the way around.
Katrina
"Great place to stay."
Moody Gardens is a beautiful center with much to offer for a fun vacation spot, not the least of which is Galveston Island itself. Everything about our stay was positive except one small thing; no complimentary breakfast is offered. For a place of this size and expense, I believe this should be included. Otherwise all was fabulous.
3 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
Frances
"Sad"
It took us close to 4 hrs to check in. We moved four times to get in a room that was requested. Pool bar closed at 4 PM on a Sunday. At the end when we checked out we finally got someone to listen. I'm not saying we wouldn't go back but there was way to much confusion going on.
2 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
"Nice Short Stay"
It was really nice, perfect location with lots to do, a little high on cost but overall a great get-away for the family close to home. They did close the pool area too long after a storm rolled through but had the following day to enjoy the pool side bar.
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"Recent stay at Moody Gardens"
Our Stay was fantastic. We truly enjoyed what Moody Gardens had to offer. The pool area was amazing, the activities were great. The only issue we had was with the beds. Not very comfortable. New beds and the whole experience would have been 5star for us.
"Galveston Vacation"
Our stay was great. We have a young child and everything was located at the hotel or within walking distance.the staff was very nice. The view was nice. The rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable. Will definitely stay again in the future. The only bad thing,the beaches are nasty unless you dive to San Louis pass.
"We will be back"
The overall experience was great. The opportunities for the hotel is better communication to guests regarding the amenities and services included with your stay (I.e. Free Onsite shuttle service and free access to water park, etc.) an provide better onsite shuttle service as there was excessive wait times (15 to 25 minutes)
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Very nice accomodations but lots of kids"
Very nice hotel. Great breakfasts at the Cafe. Very family oriented - a couple looking for rest & relaxation might not care for all the kids around. We did have a screaming kid on our floor. Despite all the kids, we enjoyed our stay. Next time we should bring our grandkids.
2 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
"Overnight family getaway"
The hotel room was amazing! Way more than we expected for the price. The staff in the hotel were not very enthusiastic nor did they seem happy to be at work. Otherwise my family and I had a good time and would come back.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
"Overnight get-a-way"
First time visit for me and my girlfriend. We were both very impressed with the cleanliness of the facility, and the attractions offered. We were a little disappointed that a couple of the places like the pool bar were closing early due to lack of people... That made us, and the other 6 or 8 people feel a little insignificant! They closed at 4:00, and really since about 3:30 the guys working were focused on getting out of there at 4:01, so not very attentive. There's some temporary signage direct pedestrians SUPPOSEDLY guiding people form the hotel to the Palm Beach area...The sign pointed the wrong direction and as a result, we had walked ALLLL the way around to the WRONG side, which of course is gated and pad locked. Very frustrating. We were able to finally find a worker to let us BOTH sneak in through the ladies locker room to avoid a significantly long return walk around to the gate. It was 96 degrees. I wasn't happy about that. We made the most of things however, so overall I would say we were happy.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Family time"
Great place for our family gathering.
Anne
"Unpleasant stay"
Cleanliness of the room was not what I expected the bathroom in my room was dirty when I noticed that it was late and the kids were ready to shower I cleaned myself because it has hair it was discusted cleaning someone's else mess
1 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
Moody Gardens was great. The service was impeccable. We had a couple issues with our room keys and the staff always did a good job in helping us. We were locked out of our room while my daughter was asleep on my wife's shoulder and one of the house keepers called down to confirm it was our room and let us in and helped us with our keys.
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"Very nice but a bit overpriced"
Light out over door. Paint peeling over shower. Hook missing behind bathroom door. Pools close too early. Spa way over priced and a 20% gratuity is added to spa services. Which is great if you could be confident in their services. I thought gratuity is a way to express gratitude for a job well done. Nice hotel compared to many. Rooms do not have a microwave. Everything closes early so no late night snacking. Breakfast lunch and dinner for 13 and over was $17 at the hotel. I would choose it again because of all the activities near the hotel.
2 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"Nice hotel not enough amenities"
I thought the hotel was nice however, the available resources in the hotel were not up to par. I would have liked the microwave, possibly a kitchen as the room was relatively small. For the room being so expensive for one night there wasn't even a free continental breakfast. With that being said I enjoyed my stay thoroughly but I will not be returning.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Marie
We had a great time. We did not get to enjoy the pool or lazy river because of the rain. Hope to visit again soon.
2 night trip Aug 19, 2015
Geneva
It was great. The only thing it was raining so a lot of activities were closed.
"Disappointing"
After hearing about how this is the best hotel to stay in while in Galveston, our expectations were a bit higher. It rained during our entire stay, but knew that wouldn't matter bc Moody Gardens has a lot to offer indoors. All of the pyramids were closed except the rainforest pyramid. Also, many activities were canceled due to the weather, like smores for the kids. Also, we waited in line to get my kids' faces painted and then was told it was too late for them even though it was still within the face painting window of time. It was an overall disappointing experience and customer service could be better at a "nice" hotel. I have stayed at less expensive hotels and the sevice was way better.
Carl
"Our second year at the Moody Gardens Hotel"
Our second trip here with the grandies. Perfect vacay location for families. The buffet is great for the kids!! Beds too soft and noise between rooms and hall bothered us this year. Wish the S'Mores ran longer at night for the kidlets. Closing at 7pm is a bit early for summertime hours when the kids have just returned from a day out and cleaning up and dinner. It is such an easy one stop vacay. Just park the car and walk to all attractions. The pool is lovely plus Palm Beach being included is a plus!!
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Very enjoyable
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Trevor
Never got cleaned. Housekeeper could not speak English-- our frustration just led us to ask for linens & made the beds ourselves
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Linda S
"Lovely room"
Lovely room with a great view. The hotel staff was very kind to find me a room despite the fact that they had no record of my reservation through Hotels.com.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Ann
"Honeymooner mishap made a success by Moody Gardens"
After a fiasco with my son and his new bride not being able to board their 7-day fully paid cruise, I scrambled from another state to find the stranded couple a place to stay. I told my son to call the hotel and explain "their story". Moody Gardens Hotel and Resort stepped and made a fiasco into something funtastic for the newlywed couple! Thanks for saving their honeymoon!!!
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Christina
"Would definitely stay here again"
Stayed for two nights with two young children. Rooms were nice, big and clean. Housekeeping was wonderful and went out of their way. The hotel restaurant was OK (only ate ate café), tried the barbeque buffet one night and food was dry, would not eat buffet in future. One surprising thing was that our waiter did not charge for dinner from kids menu because he said kids under 6 eat for free. My kids did not want to go back home, already planning a return trip.
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Arnaud
"Kid friendly"
Super kid-friendly. It was the perfect choice for our family! May become an annual tradition the weekend before school starts.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Pamela
"Great hotel, lots of activities close by"
We chose to stay here because we were going to Moody Gardens. It was easy walking distance but they also offer a shuttle to the various areas of Moody Gardens (pyramids and Palm Beach). Schlitterbahn water park is really close by too, but the hotel included wristband to Palm Beach in with the room reservation (great water park for kids, even smaller kids). Great pool with a swim up bar. They have lots of kid activities (in summer at least) - smores, life-size chess board, bean bag games, etc. Everything seemed well maintained. There are restaurants on site and at moody gardens.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
jubilee
"Moody Gardens with family"
Me, my daughter and granddaughter - husband & grandson stayed on our boat at the hotel's Marina. Everything was great. Good place for children - a lot of thing to do - water sports, zip line. Hotel has nice pool facility with swim-up bar and snack bar.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Wendy
Great!
3 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
""A Fantastic Getaway so close to Home""
We will return! We will bring others back with us! So much to see and do! We are from Houston and we will tell everyone about our fantastic stay at Moody Gardens Hotel, Spa and Convention Center.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Doris
"Great Getaway"
The hotel was excellent. Reservation desk personnel very friendly and helpful. The room, surroundings and all areas were kept very clean. We were most impressed by the other guests staying there and how nice they were. Seemed like a very secure family setting.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
Nice family getaway
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
"First timer."
Beautiful location that lends its self to things to do without leaving the area. That is other than places to eat.
Frances Charlene
"WOUNDERFUL"
WE ENJOY OUR STAY SO MUCH, WE READY TO GO BACK, GREAT SERVICES
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
BLANCA
The stay was nice and clean.The only thing bad I must add is that it was false advertising on it having a ocean view and they picture made it look like u can walk on a trail.The beds was to soft that my husband and I back was hurting every morning.Other than that it was very clean.There was a$25a day charge for resort fee and 200 deposit which I thought was outrageous.
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
$375 a night, kinda overpriced plus you have to pay for everything else within the promises. Water bottle is $4.50 and 9oz poolside beer is $6.00...I can go on...
"family getaway!"
Hotel needs a microwave!! Overall, we were satisfied.
deshonna
"Perfect for families with children."
In addition to it's location near Moody Gardens and Schlitterbahn in the summer there is free access to Palm Beach at Moody Gardens (fireworks are Friday and Saturday night) when you stay at the hotel, outdoor spaces have games set up, kids activities are offered and Saturday was an outdoor movie night (with popcorn). Would recommend to anyone with children. If you are interested in dining at the 4 Star - Shearn's Seafood and Prime Steaks - on the top floor there is a dress code (we didn't pack for it so we missed out).
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Perfect location if you're wanting to go to Moody Gardens or Schlitterbahn. You couldn't get closer. It's a nice hotel as well. We spent a lot of time at the beach, so we had to drive over every time. By staying at the hotel, we were given free tickets to the water park at Moody Gardens. It was very small, an my older teenagers did not enjoy it, especially when you see Schlitterbahn across the street. The hotel itself was lovely.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
great!
4 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Ryan
"Not enough staff to service/clean the rooms?"
Lovely Hotel with nice amenities. All of the food options are great for families. The bell staff was always welcoming. Unfortunately, the children's pack was not available on checkin. The worst part was that we never had either of our two rooms serviced when we were out (5 hours the first day) and had the DO NOT DISTURB sign off. In addition, the room service people were always extremely loud in the hallway.
3 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"Great stay but..."
Everything about the hotel was great...except for the mattresses. They were uncomfortable and probably should be replaced.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Natalie
Very nice place, a bit pricey but very nice
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015