All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
4701 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX, 77027, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

Service is adequate
    Dirty
    Bad internet service
    Room is not nice
    Bad breakfast
    Uncomfortable
"Close to Galleria"
I was disappointed when we arrived, I thought I booked an actual suite, living room with sleeper sofa and 2 bedrooms. When I got there the front desk sent me to a regular room with a kitchen, there was maintenance men in there working on the kitchen. One man told me they owned another hotel acroos the street with the room that I was describing. He called and I wasn't booked there. He said they also only had one room like that. I know that was the room description and after 3 days of reviewing hotels, that was the reason I made this hotel my choice. It smelled in halls and rooms. Not the type of place I would stay with my family ever again. Lesson learned.
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
Sheryl – Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that we were unable to provide you with the type of room you requested. As well, I apologize that you experienced an unpleasant odor in the hallway and rooms during your visit. I will be meeting with our staff to review your comments to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
1 night trip Mar 11, 2014
Sheryl
I was not happy with my stay at this hotel. I stay in hotels often, and this one was lacking! There wasn't a pen or pad of paper to be found, nor any hair conditioner, no lotion, or any direction for TV stations! These may seem like little things, but most hotels always have these items for guests. There was no business office for computer use and printing, and no area to purchase toiletries or necessities. They advertise breakfast...well that consisted of a table with coffee, packaged muffins, when available and small envelopes of instant oatmeal. When I checked out, the person asked if everything was alright, and I said not really. She never pursued my comment, never asked what was wrong. To this day, 3 days later, I have not received any receipt! On the positive side rooms were clean, and the location was close to shopping and restaurants.
2 night trip Mar 11, 2014
Wendy
"Walking distance to Galleria, restaurants"
It couldn't have been more convenient!
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
1 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2014
Average - Long, black hair in my bathroom sink, I had to fix the toilet - flapper was stuck. TV is too small.
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2014
"We are coming back in 2015 and bringing friends!"
We completely enjoyed our stay. The staff was courteous and knowledgable, the rooms clean and well maintained. We didn't have to want for anything. We will have another conference in 2015 and we will be staying again and bringing friends.
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Houston near Galleria"
The room was not clean, and it had a strong smell (old - greasy cooking) impregnating the room. Stained pillow covers and sheets, and were not fresh. Nice TV and fresh paint in the room. Slept with my cloths on, and showered somewhere else.
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I apologize that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to meet with our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
The staff were friendly, but this hotel smells all along the corridor. The hotel phones dont work.
4 night business trip Feb 14, 2014
"Best Extended Stay Experience EVER!"
Clean room, professional and friendly staff, comfortable accommodations, convenient location...this is the best Extended Stay I've ever stayed in!
1 night business trip Feb 14, 2014
Yolanda Whitted
"NEVER AGAIN"
Computers down - no way to program room key so could not leave my room without a front desk person letting me back in - not their fault but understaffed so it didn't work. Walked in on someone on the first room - second room not cleaned. third room cleaned but not clean. Parking lot security light shines directly in the room on floor 4. Breakfast was terrible. No hairdryers in rooms. Thin walls, can hear EVERYTHING that your neighbor is doing. I will NEVER stay here again
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personal respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am sorry to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast and the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. As well, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced due to our computers being down. Lastly, I am sorry that you experienced some disturbances from the security light and noise from neighboring guests. Your feedback will be taken into consideration as we continue to improve our guest experience. Please know that hair dryers are available at the front desk upon request, should you need one in the future. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in our area.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
"NEVER AGAIN"
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
"Not that great"
The lock on my door did not work. After several hours of them making up excuses and claiming they would fix it, I was told the only way to get into my room was to go to the front desk each time and have a manager let me in. This meant I had to stand in line for 5+ minutes often just to gain access to my room. I was never offered any other room.
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I apologize that the lock on your door did not work. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I will be meeting with our maintenance staff to ensure this issue is resolved immediately. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you’re in town.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Needs Security!"
I will never stay at this hotel again. The service was terrible and the employees were very rude. To top everything off when we walked out to the car the next morning to leave, it had been broken in to and everything was stolen including speakers, amp, etc. The location of this Hotel is in a very busy part of Houston so it makes me wonder who did this! I hate to make an accusation but I sure am thinking it. This was my first and last "Extended Stay of America" stay. I should have trusted what other people wrote.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
"Avoid this place at all costs"
Dirty rooms, dirty sheets, oblivious staff, maintenance men walking into the room in the middle of the night, paper thin walls hearing people in the next room sneezing and going at it all night. Totally Disgusting. And stuff just shrugged at the complaints.
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable, “home away from home” experience, I am sorry we failed at that mission. The fact that your room was unclean and the staff was not able to handle your concerns appropriately, is not acceptable. Please know, we are using your comments to coach and train our team to provide better service in the future. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I hope you will give our hotel and company a chance to prove that your unsatisfactory experience was an exception.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Close to my meetings. Freshly redecorated."
Nice place. Well worth the price. I will use this place again when in Houston.
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review of your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel's location which was close to your meetings. As well, it is great to know that you liked the renovations that we have done - we are extremely proud of the finished product. Thank you again for the awesome review and we hope to see you back soon!
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
bon
"Very convenient location."
Staff and facilities excellent. Because of my experience I will return to this hotel.
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff and convenient location. We strive to create a “home away from home” experience for our guests, so I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Feb 1, 2014
"I stayed one night only hotel seems to be OK"
hotel location is very good and perfect everything is beside you galleria shopping mall, night clubs and bars with in walking distances. for money saving this hotel is the best
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
Mughram
Great place to stay!
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad that you feel we were a great place to stay and we hope to see you back soon!
1 night trip Jan 5, 2014
"JUST AWFUL"
Never had such a horrible experience in my life. Nasty, dirty, smelly, horrible service. Never again in my life in an Extended Stay America, not even for free.
2 night trip Jan 7, 2014
Fulvio
"Okay!"
This place is not 4-star but it was decent for the money. No perks whatsoever. The room had a "unique" smell to it but it was manageable. If necessary I would stay at this place again. The employees were friendly and it seemed safe.
3 night business trip Oct 28, 2013
Randall
"2 words--New sheets"
This stay was convenient because inexpensive, however the bed was so scratchy, I bought blankets to sleep on. Staff is friendly, hotel is clean, the rooms as well. Just the beds were terrible and there is no cable tv, just bare bones. Horrible
5 night trip Oct 24, 2013
Jenna
"When nothing else is available"
The location of this hotel is great (corner of 610 and Westheimer but the hotel needs to be renovated. It smelled musty and like cigarette smoke. The finishes are old and the room needed to be cleaned better than it was. The price was great compared to the other hotels in the area but I will not be staying here again.
1 night business trip Oct 22, 2013
"good deal, close to the Galleria"
It was a good over all stay. Everybody was nice and helpful and there are plenty of food option around (the Galleria is next door). Keep in mind that there is only a grab'n'go breakfast (coffee, tea, and couple bars/fruits). Even though LaPeep, apparently good breakfast place across the street, is there, I was here for business and had to be out early in the morning. A complementary breakfast would be much appreciated. The room is fairly big with a kitchen. The AC was a little loud and birds were making so much noise in front of my window, but the bed was clean and comfortable. I managed to slept pretty well, and might consider staying there next time, because it's the best hotel deal I could find in the area.
3 night business trip Oct 14, 2013
Alex
"No water, no shower, fire alarms, no apology"
I respect that a lower-priced hotel will offer fewer amenities and an older facility. That's fair. But the shower fixture in my room didn't work (and clearly hasn't in a while). A flood killed the water for about five hours. The fire alarm went off three times my second night. They cut my key wrong so it didn't work the second day. Free WiFi didn't work. And when I left, I told the desk clerk... who said she would pass my info on to her manager... and I haven't heard anything. For $110/night, the hotel should have delivered a better experience. I recommend never staying there unless you absolutely have to be in the area... and if you must, try the other Extended Stay right down the street.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
Holly
"Good deal in a High-end area..."
It was OK. Had to wait in line at 6:00 PM to check-in. Took about 20 minutes. Then, my room was still being cleaned, and they did not have another room. Just dropped my stuff off at my room, while the maid was cleaning, and then left for my evening plans. Room could have been cleaner. It looked like the room had been "lived in". Overall, however, a very good deal at $109, compared to the $250+ rates that are typical of this high-end area.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2013
Joe d.
"Getting run down"
You get what you pay for . Itsw close to the Galleria and has easy parking for free. The Wifi didn't really work so you had to use the upgraded one and pay more. There was no shampoo in the room. As an extended stay they don't make up your room every day . Again what can you expect at this price in Houston?
2 night business trip Oct 2, 2013
"Great price for location"
Breakfast bar was minimal but there is a Le Peep across the street.
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am sorry to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations; however, I am pleased you found our rates and location ideal for your stay. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2013
"convenient but compromised."
My stay was fine it was the housekeeping. The room is only cleaned if you say for a seven day stretch and you have to bring towels to get towels. Very disappointed in the quality of service but was in a great location.
2 night business trip Sep 25, 2013
Miss Princess Woodard
"Terrible Hotel"
This hotel was terrible. It was very dirty. I even changed rooms and the 2nd was worse than the first. I will not ever stay here again.
2 night trip Sep 30, 2013
Aundrea
"Shopping!"
It took about 15 minutes to check in. Traffic in front of the the hotel is a nightmare during peak times. Rooms ok, nothing exceptional. Breakfast is a joke. They call it take and go. Sorry my earlier review of this hotel I confused for another.
2 night trip Sep 24, 2013
BHaley
"Busy Area"
The hotel was a standard hotel, nothing fancy and the staff was friendly. Although the lobby did smell like recently grilled fish when I walked in. If there were a restaurant in the hotel I would not think anything of it, but I think it was more the staff cooking a late dinner than anything. The room was clean but there were various paper items under the bed which made me wonder how well they really clean when a guest checks out. The room itself was spacious but had a strange odor about it. It did not stink, but did not smell pleasant. I would not classify their breakfast as being a breakfast at all really, there was a small bookshelf in the lobby where they put muffins and random fruit on for you in the morning; so make sure to plan to pick up lunch if you are looking for a filling breakfast. The area is extremely busy so bring your patience with you when you are driving. However, there are lots of places to eat if you are brave enough to fight the traffic. Wifi is available which is great, just make sure you pay attention to the rates and don't get tricked into paying for your Wifi; the free one works just fine :) All in all, I would consider staying here againg if it were only for one night and only for business. It is definately not a place I would consider for a leisure stay.
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2013
"not nice at all"
ugly, small, crowded place with dated fixtures. Teh 4th florr smells like a cigar smokinh shop. Teh rooms are spartan and filled with teh ugly light of flourescent bulbs. My room was not ready when I arrived at 7:45 pm!
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
derek
"Easy walk to Houston Galleria"
Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Only stayed 1 night though. Bed comfortable.
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
Hi there, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I'm pleased to hear that the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. We are also glad to know that you enjoyed our bedding package. Hopefully, you'll come back and visit again for little longer! Thanks again!
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"upscale location"
The location was excellent near the Galleria Mall on Westheimer. Numerous shopping and dining establishments nearby. Just a couple of things to consider about this hotel - i knew going in it is Extended Stay and would be spartan. Exotic aroma of third world country meals being prepared as you walk down the hallway - could be good or bad. Only real issue is the carpet is noticeably dirty and stained in the hallway and room. Bed was comfortable and room was clean other than the questionable carpet.
2 night business trip Aug 27, 2013
Danny
"Highly Recommended"
Perfect property at a great location.
2 night trip Apr 19, 2013
Rick M
"Front Desk is Awesome"
the front desk folks are the best. Very friendly and eager to make sure your stay is perfect. However, my room was okay the floor was very dirty. I had to clean it. the hotel is in despirate need of updating and has a bad smell in the lower halls.
4 night business trip Apr 8, 2013
"Had what I need"
Extended Stay America had exactly what I needed. I need to eat every 2 hours, so a kitchen is a must. The lobby is very nicely kept. The location of this hotel is excellent. The rooms are spacious. One thing I recommend is bring your own shampoos, conditioner, dish soap... etc. I had all that at home (trail size) but didn't think to bring it because hotels usually have those things. It's understandable that they don't have them, though. There's a CVS next door. Although that CVS is clearly marked up. The rates are excellent.
4 night trip Apr 4, 2013
H.B
"basic hotel at a decent price"
this was a great location and a great price. i got what i paid for, no more no less. what made it fine was the friendly and helpful staff.
4 night business trip Mar 25, 2013
"savings not worth it"
The staff was lovely... however, that was the only good part. The hallways constantly wreaked of bad cooking and food and seeped into my room. Pets allowed...read there was dog hair embedded in the desk chairs and probably everywhere else, I had to lay towels on all the seats to not end up with fur on my clothing. There were men's beard shavings along the wall next to the sink. Bring your own hangers...There were no skirt hangers and the hanging space was short above and below... so your clothing would bunch on the shelf or the dirty carpet. The building itself was fine.. but could use better ventilation and more thorough cleaning. The oranges in the morning were nice.
3 night trip Mar 19, 2013
Alex
"It was just O.K."
It was a quiet place but very dated. Location is good. The dishes were dirty, the rooms were very dated, windows were broken (wouldnt stay open), the breakfast was a joke for what we paid. Coffee and cereal bars and instant oatmeal is not a breakfast. I wouldnt stay there again unless there were no more options.
2 night trip Mar 15, 2013
"manager should be fired"
manager should be fired, her desire to help customers is non-existant
Other trip Mar 10, 2013
"One star priced as 3 star hotel"
This hotel by no means qualifies as a 3 star. You can hear the cars on the road and rooms are noisy. Our toilet was not working and when I complained, I was told nothing could be done till Monday. Shower was dripping all the time as well. Oh did I tell you there was no continental breakfast either. Poor hotel all around. Expedia need to rate this hotel as one star and no more.
Other trip Mar 10, 2013
"Would stay again"
We were disappointed to have been assigned to a smoking floor upon check in. However, the very accommodating staff readied a new room assignment the next morning so that we could move to a floor that was smoke free. Very pleasant staff! Would stay again.
Other trip Mar 3, 2013
"Weed on hallway 4"
Ok, nice location, room was clean of clutter, bathroom was decent. Once you get off the elevator to the 4th floor your nose is filled with that WEED. I stayed 2 nights and both days was the same smell. It didn't come inside my room but definitely was in my clothes.
2 night trip with friends Feb 16, 2013
There are many choices in the neighborhood and unfortunately this hotel is at the bottom of the list. The hallways smelled bad and there is now housekeeping unless you stay there for more than one week. I would not stay here again.
Business trip Feb 16, 2013
"GOOD LOCATION"
GOOD LOCATION AND FAIR PRICE FOR HOUSTON STAFF IS PLEASANT. INTERNET IS A PROBLEM. TO SLOW
Other trip Feb 12, 2013
GEORGES

basic comfort, great location, what's the point to have a kitchen without any cooking utensil?
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
Perfect Location for Business Traveler who does not drive in USA.
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Galleria - Westheimer
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our location. We look forward to welcoming you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night trip Mar 2, 2014
K B
"It's okay for one night"
It's not the Ritz Carlton. It's not the Four Seasons. It's a cheapie place to lay your head in fairly reasonable comfort and cleanliness. It also offers a simple takeaway Continental Breakfast of packaged muffins, muesli bars, some fresh fruit, cereal and fresh coffee.The kitchenette counter top was stained permanently by previous users. The blanket had seen better days. The old-fashion window sill air conditioner was noisy when in operation. Since I was only there for one night, I could put up with the inconviences.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2013
Kit
SG
"Not bad"
Nice kitchen corner but poor carpet cleaness. But nice hotel location
Other trip Apr 2, 2013
KS

"ロケーション良し"
車なしでの滞在だったので、ガレリアまで徒歩10分以下というロケーションとリーズナブルな価格を重視して選びました。結果として満足です。ガレリアの他、ホテルの真隣にはイタリアンレストラン、その隣はCVSファーマシー、その他近隣にショッピングモールもあり、出張中の空き時間をつぶすにはよい感じでした。 施設は決して新しくはありませんが清潔感はまずまず。フロントの対応も、モーテルだと考えればこんなものでしょう。ただ、真夏であったため、エアコンは一晩中つけっぱなしでしたが、その運転音が多少うるさかった。私は音に鈍感な方なのであまり気になりませんでしたが。
2 night business trip Aug 9, 2015