All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
2330 Southwest FwyHoustonTX77098United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

• Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Room is not nice
    Bad amenities
"Needs Update"
this hotel was ok. the best part was that it was so close to where we needed to be. prices are high for this hotel. It could and needs to be updated. Pet friendly hotels should have a place for pets!
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
Mia - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that our location was convenient to your travel needs. Still, I apologize that you were not pleased with the overall condition of our hotel. Your comments and suggestions will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night trip May 19, 2014
Mia
Hotel was fine - staff pleasant. Needs a bit of updating.
1 night trip May 20, 2014
"Won't Stay Again"
The room itself was beyond stuffy - more like decay. The shower faucet fell off and hit my foot - I couldn't complete my shower & I had to see a doctor. The elevator was scary: Bang! Bang! every time between the 2nd and 1st floor - it is not supposed to do that.
4 night business trip May 11, 2014
"Not worth the price"
Assigned a room that was already occupied. New room had the smoke detector covered with a plastic bag and there was hair all over the towels. When I looked under the bed there was still trash and dog toys. Room service is not provided.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
david
"Staff/Location A+...didn't like the PIT BULL"
The staff was very nice, and the hotel was well maintained. The issue was when I checked in...... a guest came in with their pit bull, who was on a leash but was trying to jump on everyone. The dog seemed to be friendly enough, but I don't care to have a 200 lb dog jumping on me, especially while I am in business attire, and especially a PIT BULL. If you are going to allow animals in your hotel, have a weight limit.
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
Angela - Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our staff and location during your visit with us. Still, I apologize for the experience you had while checking in. Your comments will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night business trip Apr 3, 2014
Angela
"Much nicer than I was expecting for the price."
Easy to find and not too much traffic in the area. Very clean. Good sized room with a kitchenette.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Erica
"Bed bugs"
I've had to take a week off from work because I've been bit so many time on my arms and face. Legs and back not as much. There has had to be a problem for some time, too many bits for a couple bugs. I don't feel the hotel has acted appropriately.
1 night business trip Mar 15, 2014
Fred
"Conveniently located"
The best thing: the convenience to the museum district Worst thing: Room was next to the elevator which was noisy.
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I am glad that our location was convenient to your travel needs; however, I apologize that you experienced some noise disturbance from the elevator. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your comments. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
"Worst hotel experience ever"
Without a doubt the worst hotel experience I've ever had. I asked the front desk manager to call a cab and the car that came wasn't a cab but a private individual. When I got back, heat in the hotel room didn't work and the low temperature was 32 degrees outside. The front desk manager said the maintenance person had left for the day so the heater unit couldn't be fixed. He said there were no other rooms that I could move to. He also said he could provide extra blankets and that the hotel manager would provide a Be Our Guest (BOG) coupon for a free stay at any Extended Stay hotel. When I turned down the bedding it was obvious it was thin and wouldn't be warm enough. I called to the front desk 4-5 times and even got their answering service one time. There was no response. I finally went down to the front desk to get additional blankets. The Wi-Fi for the hotel didn't work. There was a homeless person in the lobby who was not a happy camper when they asked him to leave and was very profane at that point. The hotel manager called after I'd checked out and said he would not provide a BOG coupon but would only consider providing an additional night stay at that same hotel location. Needless to say, I would not stay at the hotel again.
Other trip Mar 11, 2014
"Worst Hotel Experience In Years"
I'm not usually a complainer, but this hotel was a nightmare. Check-in person couldn't do check-ins, waited 20+ minutes for her to check in 2 people! Elevator broke, so up 2 floors. Internet was slow, iron in room was broke, AC/heater was so loud I asked for a different room - but they said they were sold out. Tried window open, but it is right on the freeway. I asked for the manager to call me the next day and he never did. Not a nice neighborhood.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2014
SBO
"It's a room."
Wanted a room close to where was spending my time. It happened to be cheapest & closest to where I needed to be. Staff was ok but nothing spectacular.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
Connie
"Nice hotel but unfriendly staff"
When I checked in which was a little late, the hotel staff appeared to be extremely unfriendly cracking some weird jokes which you are in no mood to listen at that time of the night. Also, when I inquired about water he said there is no drinking water and that I need to take fr vending m/c and that m/c had no drinking water. Wouldn't recommend this hotel and wouldn't be staying there again.
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
"Renovations are causing fumes in the evenings"
The grab and go breakfast in not that great, rooms are ok, rooms are clean, but staff always seem busy when you need something from them
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
mike
"had to wait for someone to show up to checkin"
Room was ok, cleanliness could have been better. Service at the desk was terrible both at checking and check out, still waiting for an email copy of my receipt as no one was manning the desk at my departure.
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
mike
"I didn't know about the lack of maid service"
The hotel was fine, however if I had known that you don't get maid service at all unless you stay a minimum of 7 nights, I would not have chosen this hotel. I understand not providing service if I was only staying a night or two - however, I stayed 5 nights and no maid service was unacceptable to me.
5 night trip Jan 26, 2014
"Sketchy"
The thing that stood out to me about our hotel was that it had an odd smell. The hallways had a peculiar smell, and then our room smelled like bacon. I was there a week, and I repeatedly saw a woman in the lobby who appeared to be suspicious. There was also a man who stood in the stairwell for several hours one evening talking on his phone. Another evening, we left our room and saw three men standing in the hallway just staring our way. The room next to us had a large window which had the blinds open late at night. My suspicion was that some kind of illegal activity was going on, and these people were lookouts. So, I did not feel very safe in this hotel.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
Stephen
Very nice staff and the room was nice and clean. Would recommend this hotrl
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Houston Trip"
Hotel was pleasant and clean. Several good restaurants nearby.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"Quick Trip Nice Stay"
Good place to stay for a quick trip or Short stay
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
Staff was great, professional & courteous. Several of the room lamps had burned-out bulbs & the a/c was not working at all. We called the front desk & the concierge said they would send someone to replace it while we were out. When we returned the a/c was working but our room's door had been left propped open by the lock. There was no response at the front desk when we called to let them know ( it was late) & theye was no one on duty the next morning when checking out. There was a sign-up sheet to receive our receipt by email, so I signed up. I have yet to receive one.
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
mari
"Nice hotel close to downtown"
Great staff, clean room, nice location close to downtown.. They were renovating while we stayed but there was minimal noise in the morning
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed the service our staff provided, your clean room and our hotel's location. I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise from construction, but promise we will work to minimize this moving forward. Again thank you for your feedback and for staying with Extended Stay America.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
holiday
"OK hotel at low price"
Overall experience would be good if only the rooms didn't smell so bad. Apparently all the rooms in the hotel were smoking rooms, as any of them would stink. The rooms are spacious with large bed, two desks, armchair and full kitchen, though without any bedroom or guestroom separation. Bathrooms could be a bit larger as you can hardly look at the mirror or close the door without touching the toilet. The furniture and all amenities are very old, though I didn't expect anything better for this price.
Other trip Nov 6, 2013
"Easy access to freeways."
Easy access to freeways but street construction was a problem. Facilities were nicely kept up and overall things were clean. Continental breakfast was a marginal but with suites with a kitchen we just cooked our own.
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
Linda - Thank you for your review on. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations. I am always happy to hear good comments from the guest. I glad that you found our hotel clean and our location convenient. Again i would like to thank you for filling out a review and staying with us
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Worn out"
This hotel is showing signs of wear. Carpet is worn and dirty, there was a cigarette hole in the blanket, the air conditioner in our room stopped working and the roof leaked in two spots in our room (we were on the top floor). I'll be finding another place to stay on my next trip to Houston.
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
Thank you for your review on Expedia. I apologize for the issue you had while you were staying with us. Also I do appreciate you letting us know about the issue with the air conditioner and leak. I will have our maintenance staff to fix these issues immediately. We are going to be renovated soon and I would like to invite you again to our hotel so you can see the difference. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to offer you a better stay in the future.
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
linda
"Made right"
The room was clean and spacious. The towels need a good fabric softener (they are quite exfoliating). Someone pulled the fire alarm at 3:00 am and it took almost 2 hours to get it turned off by the fire department. I was given a coupon for two free nights because of the interruption of sleep. Will more than likely stay there again in the future.
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
I appreciate your review. I apologize for the disturbance during your stay, however; I am pleased we were able to compensate you for the issue. I am glad that you will be coming back to stay with us again. When you come I will make sure that you will have a great stay. Thank you again for your review.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
shadora
"Smelly pillows and sheets"
Pillows and sheet did not smell clean. They were stinky. No shampoo.
1 night trip Oct 21, 2013
Sam
"Fair hotel in downtown Houston"
A lot of construction around the hotel makes it very difficult to get in and out. There were many homeless people asking for money in the area and when we denied one man money he started yelling and took his shirt off with no help from hotel staff at all I had to get rid of the guy myself. Breakfast was horrible just muffins and coffee, hotel is terribly understaffed, our room wasn't ready until after 3.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"Dirty dirty dirty"
Cleanliness was absent. The toilet was not cleaned and evidence of the last user still there. The toilet needed repair, turned itself off and on all night. The sink faucet kept running all the time and could not be repaired because engineering had gone home for the night. The coffee cups and utensils were dirty and still covered with food. As I occupied the room after 7:00 PM, they offered to change my room. As a non-smoker, none of the choices or upstairs rooms worked for me after traveling all day. Just a real dirty place. Cannot ever imagine going back to this brand.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2013
George Goodenow
"Great Service"
We arrived in town earlier than expected, but they were able to accomadate our early check-in with no problem. We took the extra time to do some laundry on-site. The laundry facilities were very clean and there were plenty of machines available. $2 for a wash & $2 for a dry seemed reasonable for these days. The road that the hotel is on is currently under construction, but it did not create too much of an inconvenience. We used the kitchen which was stocked with a selection of utensils and flatware. The appliances were nice and quiet.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Catherine
"Unacceptable"
Never staying here again! Booked non-smoking room and got smoking room. No apology or attempt to correct situation. No hot water - cold shower two days. Bugs in room. Really bad experience Front desk staff very unhelpful.
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
Jedd - I was disappointed to read that during your recent stay with us, you did not have a positive experience. Please know, I have shared your comments about being placed into a smoking room and not having hot water with the team. We are working to enhance our services so that these types of issues are not repeated. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will give our hotel another chance so we can offer you an enhanced experience.
2 night business trip Oct 1, 2013
Jedd
"close to house of blues"
very nice, would recommend
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
Chris - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that your stay was pleasant and that our accommodations and services were acceptable to you. Please let us know if there's any ways that we might make improvements in the accommodations and services for our guests.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2013
Stayed for 3 days...They did not even tidy the beds...
3 night business trip Sep 10, 2013
"Decent hotel, decent service, would book again"
The location is very convenient if you have a car, much like most of Texas. The amenities were decent, hotel was clean, room was clean enough. I would stay at this hotel again. I did wish it had a better "breakfast", their "grab and go" is really coffee, tea, a fruit, or instant oatmeal.
2 night family trip Aug 17, 2013
Anyone
"AC"
Unable to turn the AC on a higher setting. Felt a bit warm...
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Candace
Good stay --Clean-- good location. Some of the staff were indifferent at times-- could have been more helpful. Not that bad, though, however, could have made the stay excellent!!
4 night business trip Jun 19, 2013
"Good stated"
Nice place, close to the downtown, route of buses around, nice rooms for some days visiting Houston, great retes.
3 night business trip Jun 12, 2013
Julio
"Good Hotel"
A well run facility with efficient and helpful staff in a very convenient location.
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are excited to know you found our team to be helpful our hotel's location to be convenience. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jun 6, 2013
"OK..."
Refrigerator extremely loud constantly cutting on/off that made it difficult to sleep. Wireless internet was slow - and a ridiculous tiered plan requiring you to pay for faster speeds. Lots of close by restaurants, grocery stores, shopping plus only 5 minutes to convention center downtown (with no traffic). Clean room - decent coffee in lobby if extremely limited breakfast. Climate control in room worked well.
3 night business trip May 13, 2013
"Terrible will never stay there again"
Room smelled of fish. My second night starting at midnight my phone rang every 30 minutes for 4 hours. front desk was no help. I left my contact info but manager will not return my call. Trashy hotel will never stay at extended stay America again. Avoid.
2 night business trip May 14, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Inexpensive, No Frills Stay in Houston"
I stayed here for two nights while traveling on business. I only selected this hotel because of price, knowing that it would be no frills - maybe 2 or 3 stars. The staff was very friendly, and the room was large and clean.
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I’m glad to read that we were able to meet your expectations and provide you with a comfortable experience. I appreciate your comments about our reasonable rates, spacious rooms, and our friendly customer service. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night business trip Mar 16, 2016
"Comfy beds"
Good stay for rate.
3 night trip Feb 13, 2014
ZA

The following reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Pleasant stay in the French Quarter"
Great location, cute historic hotel, decent rooma, we enjoyed our stay. Minor misgivings are the very basic bteakfast, the small and somewhat dirty pool (it was heated though) and the rooms on the top (4th) floor which open in an outdoor patio corridor and have no window that can be opened.
2 night trip with friends Feb 11, 2016
GR
En general el hotel es bueno, excelente ubicación, pero encontré un shampoo usado en mi baño y cabellos en la ducha, lo cual me desagradó mucho. Por otro lado, a pesar que indican que hay desayuno incluido, no es así. Lo único que ofrecen en las mañanas es café y avena en el mismo lobby de recepción. Creo que deberían ser más transparentes y decir que no hay desayuno incluido.
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Rafael
PE
"El hotel es muy cómodo, agradable y tranquilo."
Nuestra estancia ha sido agradable. Nos hemos podido desplazar andando hasta el Distrito de los museos. El hotel facilita vajilla así que la comida del mediodía la hemos realizado como en casa con el consiguiente ahorro económico.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Ifigenia
ES
"conveniente"
el hotel esta cerca de la Freeway. Muy facil de aceso y no hay mucho ruido con los coches. la habitacion esta amplia y limpia, con una pequena cocina si se necesita.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
MX
"Amable atención"
A pesar de que estaba alejado del convention center y otros lugares de interés y debíamos utilizar taxi para movilizarnos, la estadía fue placentera. Las personas del front desk y el utility man fueron muy atentos, en especial Tamekia y Jodi.
4 night business trip Jul 29, 2013
PA
"추천하지 마세요."
호텔 위치 등 시설을 볼 때, 저급 Inn으로 보시면 됩니다.식사를 하기 위해서도 택시를 불러야 하는데, 위치 문제로 1시간 정도 기다린 적도 있습니다.
7 night business trip May 3, 2013
Jstone
KR
"Hotel is basic, but clean and comfortable."
Hotel is basic, but clean and comfortable. WIFI work perfectly. Staff are helpful and friendly. Free 'to go' breakfast waiting every morning. Location within Houston is top. Resturant, shops, everything you need close by.
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
Martin - It is so rewarding to read that you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our grab and go breakfast as well. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Other trip May 12, 2013