All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
2330 Southwest Fwy, Houston, TX, 77098, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

• Bar
    Bar is not good
    Service is poor
    Bad amenities
"Worst Hotel Experience In Years"
I'm not usually a complainer, but this hotel was a nightmare. Check-in person couldn't do check-ins, waited 20+ minutes for her to check in 2 people! Elevator broke, so up 2 floors. Internet was slow, iron in room was broke, AC/heater was so loud I asked for a different room - but they said they were sold out. Tried window open, but it is right on the freeway. I asked for the manager to call me the next day and he never did. Not a nice neighborhood.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2014
SBO
"It's a room."
Wanted a room close to where was spending my time. It happened to be cheapest & closest to where I needed to be. Staff was ok but nothing spectacular.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
Connie
"Nice hotel but unfriendly staff"
When I checked in which was a little late, the hotel staff appeared to be extremely unfriendly cracking some weird jokes which you are in no mood to listen at that time of the night. Also, when I inquired about water he said there is no drinking water and that I need to take fr vending m/c and that m/c had no drinking water. Wouldn't recommend this hotel and wouldn't be staying there again.
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
"Renovations are causing fumes in the evenings"
The grab and go breakfast in not that great, rooms are ok, rooms are clean, but staff always seem busy when you need something from them
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
mike
"had to wait for someone to show up to checkin"
Room was ok, cleanliness could have been better. Service at the desk was terrible both at checking and check out, still waiting for an email copy of my receipt as no one was manning the desk at my departure.
Other trip Feb 7, 2014
mike
"I didn't know about the lack of maid service"
The hotel was fine, however if I had known that you don't get maid service at all unless you stay a minimum of 7 nights, I would not have chosen this hotel. I understand not providing service if I was only staying a night or two - however, I stayed 5 nights and no maid service was unacceptable to me.
5 night trip Jan 26, 2014
"Sketchy"
The thing that stood out to me about our hotel was that it had an odd smell. The hallways had a peculiar smell, and then our room smelled like bacon. I was there a week, and I repeatedly saw a woman in the lobby who appeared to be suspicious. There was also a man who stood in the stairwell for several hours one evening talking on his phone. Another evening, we left our room and saw three men standing in the hallway just staring our way. The room next to us had a large window which had the blinds open late at night. My suspicion was that some kind of illegal activity was going on, and these people were lookouts. So, I did not feel very safe in this hotel.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
Stephen
Very nice staff and the room was nice and clean. Would recommend this hotrl
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"Houston Trip"
Hotel was pleasant and clean. Several good restaurants nearby.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
"Quick Trip Nice Stay"
Good place to stay for a quick trip or Short stay
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
Staff was great, professional & courteous. Several of the room lamps had burned-out bulbs & the a/c was not working at all. We called the front desk & the concierge said they would send someone to replace it while we were out. When we returned the a/c was working but our room's door had been left propped open by the lock. There was no response at the front desk when we called to let them know ( it was late) & theye was no one on duty the next morning when checking out. There was a sign-up sheet to receive our receipt by email, so I signed up. I have yet to receive one.
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
mari
"Nice hotel close to downtown"
Great staff, clean room, nice location close to downtown.. They were renovating while we stayed but there was minimal noise in the morning
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed the service our staff provided, your clean room and our hotel's location. I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise from construction, but promise we will work to minimize this moving forward. Again thank you for your feedback and for staying with Extended Stay America.
Other trip Dec 31, 2013
holiday
"OK hotel at low price"
Overall experience would be good if only the rooms didn't smell so bad. Apparently all the rooms in the hotel were smoking rooms, as any of them would stink. The rooms are spacious with large bed, two desks, armchair and full kitchen, though without any bedroom or guestroom separation. Bathrooms could be a bit larger as you can hardly look at the mirror or close the door without touching the toilet. The furniture and all amenities are very old, though I didn't expect anything better for this price.
Other trip Nov 6, 2013
"Easy access to freeways."
Easy access to freeways but street construction was a problem. Facilities were nicely kept up and overall things were clean. Continental breakfast was a marginal but with suites with a kitchen we just cooked our own.
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
Linda - Thank you for your review on. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we met your expectations. I am always happy to hear good comments from the guest. I glad that you found our hotel clean and our location convenient. Again i would like to thank you for filling out a review and staying with us
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
"Worn out"
This hotel is showing signs of wear. Carpet is worn and dirty, there was a cigarette hole in the blanket, the air conditioner in our room stopped working and the roof leaked in two spots in our room (we were on the top floor). I'll be finding another place to stay on my next trip to Houston.
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
Thank you for your review on Expedia. I apologize for the issue you had while you were staying with us. Also I do appreciate you letting us know about the issue with the air conditioner and leak. I will have our maintenance staff to fix these issues immediately. We are going to be renovated soon and I would like to invite you again to our hotel so you can see the difference. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to offer you a better stay in the future.
Other trip Nov 3, 2013
linda
"Made right"
The room was clean and spacious. The towels need a good fabric softener (they are quite exfoliating). Someone pulled the fire alarm at 3:00 am and it took almost 2 hours to get it turned off by the fire department. I was given a coupon for two free nights because of the interruption of sleep. Will more than likely stay there again in the future.
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
I appreciate your review. I apologize for the disturbance during your stay, however; I am pleased we were able to compensate you for the issue. I am glad that you will be coming back to stay with us again. When you come I will make sure that you will have a great stay. Thank you again for your review.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
shadora
"Smelly pillows and sheets"
Pillows and sheet did not smell clean. They were stinky. No shampoo.
1 night trip Oct 21, 2013
Sam
"Fair hotel in downtown Houston"
A lot of construction around the hotel makes it very difficult to get in and out. There were many homeless people asking for money in the area and when we denied one man money he started yelling and took his shirt off with no help from hotel staff at all I had to get rid of the guy myself. Breakfast was horrible just muffins and coffee, hotel is terribly understaffed, our room wasn't ready until after 3.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"Dirty dirty dirty"
Cleanliness was absent. The toilet was not cleaned and evidence of the last user still there. The toilet needed repair, turned itself off and on all night. The sink faucet kept running all the time and could not be repaired because engineering had gone home for the night. The coffee cups and utensils were dirty and still covered with food. As I occupied the room after 7:00 PM, they offered to change my room. As a non-smoker, none of the choices or upstairs rooms worked for me after traveling all day. Just a real dirty place. Cannot ever imagine going back to this brand.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2013
George Goodenow
"Great Service"
We arrived in town earlier than expected, but they were able to accomadate our early check-in with no problem. We took the extra time to do some laundry on-site. The laundry facilities were very clean and there were plenty of machines available. $2 for a wash & $2 for a dry seemed reasonable for these days. The road that the hotel is on is currently under construction, but it did not create too much of an inconvenience. We used the kitchen which was stocked with a selection of utensils and flatware. The appliances were nice and quiet.
2 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Catherine
"Unacceptable"
Never staying here again! Booked non-smoking room and got smoking room. No apology or attempt to correct situation. No hot water - cold shower two days. Bugs in room. Really bad experience Front desk staff very unhelpful.
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
Jedd - I was disappointed to read that during your recent stay with us, you did not have a positive experience. Please know, I have shared your comments about being placed into a smoking room and not having hot water with the team. We are working to enhance our services so that these types of issues are not repeated. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will give our hotel another chance so we can offer you an enhanced experience.
2 night business trip Oct 1, 2013
Jedd
"close to house of blues"
very nice, would recommend
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
Chris - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that your stay was pleasant and that our accommodations and services were acceptable to you. Please let us know if there's any ways that we might make improvements in the accommodations and services for our guests.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2013
Stayed for 3 days...They did not even tidy the beds...
3 night business trip Sep 10, 2013
"Decent hotel, decent service, would book again"
The location is very convenient if you have a car, much like most of Texas. The amenities were decent, hotel was clean, room was clean enough. I would stay at this hotel again. I did wish it had a better "breakfast", their "grab and go" is really coffee, tea, a fruit, or instant oatmeal.
2 night family trip Aug 17, 2013
Anyone
"AC"
Unable to turn the AC on a higher setting. Felt a bit warm...
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Candace
Good stay --Clean-- good location. Some of the staff were indifferent at times-- could have been more helpful. Not that bad, though, however, could have made the stay excellent!!
4 night business trip Jun 19, 2013
"Good stated"
Nice place, close to the downtown, route of buses around, nice rooms for some days visiting Houston, great retes.
3 night business trip Jun 12, 2013
Julio
"Good Hotel"
A well run facility with efficient and helpful staff in a very convenient location.
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are excited to know you found our team to be helpful our hotel's location to be convenience. We hope to see you again soon!
Other trip Jun 6, 2013
"OK..."
Refrigerator extremely loud constantly cutting on/off that made it difficult to sleep. Wireless internet was slow - and a ridiculous tiered plan requiring you to pay for faster speeds. Lots of close by restaurants, grocery stores, shopping plus only 5 minutes to convention center downtown (with no traffic). Clean room - decent coffee in lobby if extremely limited breakfast. Climate control in room worked well.
3 night business trip May 13, 2013
"Terrible will never stay there again"
Room smelled of fish. My second night starting at midnight my phone rang every 30 minutes for 4 hours. front desk was no help. I left my contact info but manager will not return my call. Trashy hotel will never stay at extended stay America again. Avoid.
2 night business trip May 14, 2013
"Awful in Texas"
Would never stay here again.
Family trip Apr 27, 2013
"Extended Stay America University Area"
I was not aware they office would close down at night. Two of the washing machined are in need of repair and have been a problem for all of the tenants. Also, the elevator makes a lot of noise each time it is used.
10 night trip Mar 31, 2013
MEP
"Very disappointing"
I booked a non-smoking room and was blithely told that none was available and that those bookings aren't binding anyway. I came home smelling like an ashtray (no offense to smokers). The phone system never worked while I was there. The toilet didn't work. The Internet access was down for 1/2 a day when I was planning to work from the room. The only positive was the fact that the front desk got me a cab to leave. I've stayed at other Extended Stay hotels and had very good experiences. This wasn't in that same class.
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
The stay was good, but the people above our room were very loud. Other wise it was a good stay.
1 night trip Mar 10, 2013
"Great for long term stays or on a budget"
No Frills hotel, but clean and comfortable. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was updated and clean with good water pressure.
Other trip Feb 27, 2013
"One night stay"
Not bad for the price and if you're just staying for one night.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2013
"Very easy, direct drive to the hospital"
Good place to stay if you have a family member in the hospital and are using your own car.
1 night trip Feb 12, 2013
CH
"Nice surprise"
My sister and I were nicely surprised that our room was clean, comfortable, and had a cute little kitchen. The location was excellent for us as we were near the museum whose exhibits we came to see and our favorite place to eat in Houston, Goode's Seafood.
1 night trip Feb 10, 2013
K. Jackson
"close to bars"
wouldve rather had a nonsmoking room but overall a nice hotel
6 night business trip Jan 30, 2013

"Comfy beds"
Good stay for rate.
3 night trip Feb 13, 2014
ZA
"Price and quality of hotel are very reasonable."
The hotel is generally fine with quality and amenities.
3 night trip Mar 20, 2013

En general el hotel es bueno, excelente ubicación, pero encontré un shampoo usado en mi baño y cabellos en la ducha, lo cual me desagradó mucho. Por otro lado, a pesar que indican que hay desayuno incluido, no es así. Lo único que ofrecen en las mañanas es café y avena en el mismo lobby de recepción. Creo que deberían ser más transparentes y decir que no hay desayuno incluido.
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2015
Rafael
PE
"El hotel es muy cómodo, agradable y tranquilo."
Nuestra estancia ha sido agradable. Nos hemos podido desplazar andando hasta el Distrito de los museos. El hotel facilita vajilla así que la comida del mediodía la hemos realizado como en casa con el consiguiente ahorro económico.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Ifigenia
ES
"conveniente"
el hotel esta cerca de la Freeway. Muy facil de aceso y no hay mucho ruido con los coches. la habitacion esta amplia y limpia, con una pequena cocina si se necesita.
Other trip Apr 9, 2014
MX
"Amable atención"
A pesar de que estaba alejado del convention center y otros lugares de interés y debíamos utilizar taxi para movilizarnos, la estadía fue placentera. Las personas del front desk y el utility man fueron muy atentos, en especial Tamekia y Jodi.
4 night business trip Jul 29, 2013
PA
"추천하지 마세요."
호텔 위치 등 시설을 볼 때, 저급 Inn으로 보시면 됩니다.식사를 하기 위해서도 택시를 불러야 하는데, 위치 문제로 1시간 정도 기다린 적도 있습니다.
7 night business trip May 3, 2013
Jstone
KR
"Hotel is basic, but clean and comfortable."
Hotel is basic, but clean and comfortable. WIFI work perfectly. Staff are helpful and friendly. Free 'to go' breakfast waiting every morning. Location within Houston is top. Resturant, shops, everything you need close by.
Response by Extended Stay America - Houston - Greenway Plaza
Martin - It is so rewarding to read that you had a comfortable stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our grab and go breakfast as well. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Other trip May 12, 2013