All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
10100 N Capital Of Texas Hwy, Austin, TX, 78759, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Easy access to freeway"
The hotel smelled like mildew, cigarettes, and must. A renovation would likely improve that.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Your comments in regards to location are much appreciated; yet I was disheartened to read that the room conditions you described were not up to our company’s high standards. Please accept my apology. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have met with our housekeeping staff to make sure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Poor condition; Poor management"
No hot water and management ignored my requests for repair.
2 night business trip Mar 25, 2015
Adam
"Warning! Don't Stay Here!"
Great location but that's about it. The property, including our room, was dirty and more often than not, the management was not there. Knew we were in trouble, when it took 45 minutes to check in. I had to complain bitterly since the hotel cut off the water to the 2nd floor and we were unable to shower in the morning. Overall, it was Not a pleasant stay. We will Never stay at these hotels ago. Caveat Emptor!
2 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
"Overpaid for the quality."
Hairs were all over the bathroom/tub/sink upon check-in. Had reasonable expectations but was very disappointed for what we paid for and what we saw.
1 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2015
Excellent neighborhood close to restaurants and freeways.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that you liked the location of our hotel and what we have to offer. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Worst hotel stay ever"
Gave us a smoking room, even though we reserved a non-smoking one. The smell was unbearable.
"Smelly 2nd floor trash collection area"
My room was next to a 2nd floor trash collection area near the elevator which smelled extremely foul. Recommend the hotel store trash outside.
3 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
"Clean studio in quiet, safe vicinity."
A clean room, a safe environment, and accommodating staff, in my opinion, you did well in choosing if a hotel hit all three, right? Well Extended Stay Arboretum scored all three and then some. After check out, I realized that I left some important property behind. A call to management assured me that housekeeping found it and it would be kept until I could retrieve it. When you're talking about honestly, it can never be overrated! 5 stars Extended Stay Arboretum, thank you! !
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that we were able to provide you with a clean, safe room during your visit with us. As well, I'm very happy that you found our staff to be accommodating during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
JD
"Spend the extra. $ go down the strwet"
It smelled like dead cigarette butts- there was no sink drain puller if you wanted to fill sink with water. Coffee was put up before10am-I was put in a corner room I feel was reserved for the workers.On h
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so we are disappointed to hear that your room had an unpleasant odor. We can assure you that we have spoken with our staff about this issue and have instructed them on how to prepare a room properly to ensure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
2 night business trip Dec 6, 2014
Great location, especially for the price. Friendly staff. Nothing fancy, but nothing bad. Would stay here again.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a kind review. I'm proud of our team for giving you great service. I'm also glad that you liked our location and that you found us to be a great value. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
4 night trip with friends Dec 10, 2014
Alan
"Functional extended stay prop in Arboretum area"
Nice area - the Arboretum is. Near by shopping - Target, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Sam's Club. Convenient freeway access to all of Austin. The extended stay America is clean and functional and has a useable kitchenette, but no frills. Good choice for the frugal traveler who wants a clean place in a nice area of Austin.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Beachcomber
"North west Austin convenience"
No frills, no regular maid service unless you stay a week. Minimal breakfast- granola bars, coffee, fruit. Cheap price. Good location
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and that you found us to be a great value. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
Randall
"NOT Extended Stay place"
No ice maker, no lotions, sparse toiletries, no coffee maker, rough towels, once one disposable drinking glass, no kitchen utensils or cups or plates (can request). Less amenities than a conventional room than extended stay. Noisy street location. Minimum breakfast menu unlike most typical hotels. NOT recommend. OK if $40/night but not $85.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sincerely sorry that our amenities did not meet your expectations. I apologize as well that you did not find the amount of disposable cups in your room adequate, there should have been two. I will further train housekeeping on what the expectation is. As well, I am sorry that you were disappointed that your room did not have a coffee maker or utensils. As a part of our new fresh rooms initiatives we provide all of our guests the option of customizing their kitchens. Upon request we can give all of our guests a full set of dishes, pots, pans, coffee maker and toaster at no additional cost. I will address with the front desk to ensure they are communicating this effectively to all of our guest at check-in. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
dallas
"Austin CPA"
First room AC not working moved another floor. 2nd room requested non smoking but was was placed in smoking hall no other room available.
2 night family trip Dec 5, 2014
Ofelia
"J."
I booked a non smoking 2 queen with a pull out. We were stuck with a 1 King smoking. A nice lady head was going on and gave us her room for non smoking King due to upper respiratory issues. I was not happy and would like a refund.
2 night business trip Dec 5, 2014
J
"Good hotel for a business trip"
I stayed at the hotel for a quick business trip. Overall the room was nice and met my needs. The room was recently remodeled and clean. The staff was very friendly and made the stay enjoyable.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our recently refreshed rooms clean and comfortable. I also appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
"Good, Basic Hotel"
The hotel seemed to be a recently constructed facility with all the normal amenities of an up-to-date traveler's hotel. Despite that, the plumbing was janky in operation (shower faucet hung loose from the wall) and hot water seemed to be at a premium. Literally, I waited eight minutes to get a warm shower going at ten a.m. Two of the light bulbs in our room were out of commission- how does that happen? TV service was all analog (poor picture quality)- not great choice of stations either... The staff were very helpful and pleasant and the building safety measures were well maintained.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Richard - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It was disheartening to read that the plumbing in your room was not functioning properly and that it took a while for the hot water to turn on; however, I am so glad that the staff was helpful during your stay. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"No go!!"
Staff was helpful and friendly. Was told one price over the phone but was totally different when we got there. Had originally booked for a single king bed non smoking but was given a double bed smoking room. Only reason we stayed in hotel, all other hotels were fully booked due to a convention in town.
1 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Carlos
"Smelly room"
When I first checked in, I was given a room that reeked of wet dog. I got it changed to a double room (had paid for a king) that did not smell like dog. WIFI didn't work. The hotel does not have a gym. I had to leave early in the morning for the airport. No one was at the reception and even though I heard some noises from the back room and tried to call on them, nobody showed up. Finally, I just left. I think it shoud be easy to find a better hotel in the same area, don't bother with this one.
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
Marcus
"A Pleasant Stay"
The stay was exactly as I imagined it would be. Clean, comfortable, and friendly staff. I do not really have any complaints at all.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room and our friendly staff. Once more, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Khan Sohail
Towels were extremely dirty and every time we went to the front desk to ask for some new ones no one was ever there.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the linen in your room is truly regrettable and unacceptable. We are very sorry for your experience. I am going to meet with the staff today to ensure that this type of issue does not happen again in the future. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
4 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2014
"Ok hotel"
Hotel is ok. Shower leaks so much water under curtain. Other than that everything else was ok.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your shower curtain did not keep the water in. In response to your feedback, I am ensuring housekeeping is taking the time to make sure that they are installing the correct length of shower curtain. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
3 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Adriana
"Great place for a long term stay"
I chose poorly... I was using the room as a prep for a medical procedure the night before, then to hang out/sleep the next morning after the procedure. This hotel is geared to long term stays by business people. There are no ice machines... I don't know if there are any kind of machines. But, I needed ice and it wasn't available. However, a maid gave me a leftover back from a previous guest, bless her heart. It is a lovely hotel. The room was very comfortable.... and, the staff was extremely nice and helpful.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I'm so pleased to hear that you appreciated the staff, cleanliness and the overall location of our hotel in the Arboretum area. Please accept my apologies that we do not offer ice machines at our facilities and that this made your medical stay more difficult than expected. I will be sharing your feedback with our upper management so that we can work to improve the experience for such guests in the future. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Janet
"Good place to stay"
Room was great, but the toilet didn't work my first day there and the carpet near ac was wet the whole time. Other than that, I had a fantastic stay. The staff was great.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff; however, I do apologize that your toilet and air conditioning unit were having maintenance issues during your stay with us. I will be working with my staff to review our inspection procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
Louie
great place! needs an ice machine.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that you were completely satisfied with your comfort at our hotel while visiting Austin. Still, I do apologize we do not have an ice machine at our hotel. I will share your feedback with upper management so that we can work to improve this issue. We really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
2 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
karen
"You get what you pay for"
It served the purpose. No frills, plenty of space, in a great location. They could upgrade the beds though. While I know many like a firm mattress, somewhere in between would be a welcome change.
7 night trip Oct 3, 2014
Gail Barsh
"Great value"
Not the fanciest hotel around, but very nice for the price. We stayed for 4 nights while in town for a music festival and were very happy. Definitely would recommend to anyone looking for an inexpensive hotel in Austin.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you were happy with your stay. We are so pleased to know that you would recommend us to others looking for affordable accommodations in the area. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
4 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2014
Evan
"won't be back"
There are much better places than this one for the price. Two burners on the stove were left on when I initially came in. The TV didn't work. Had to program the channels myself. Not a very welcoming lobby area. Reminded me more of a hospital ward.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so disappointed that you were not happy with your stay, as well as the concerning issues regarding your stove and TV. Please accept my apology. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are ensuring proper inspections are being made so that this does not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
3 night trip Oct 2, 2014
Luis
Room was very clean. I could heat others above me walking around, but aside from that.. everything was quiet
2 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
"Quick Stay"
Even though the rooms were clean and nicely renovated; we could hear people walking down the hall and outside the building. For a quick stay, and if you are going to be out and about, it was OK. Staying with the family over an extended period of time?? I do not recommend this hotel.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
terluc
"Basic at best"
Not staying at this chain again. Better quality available for the price.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Norma
I booked a non smoking room and found ash in the trash can. Apparently the room was not cleaned well before I register in.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We are sorry to hear that there was debris left behind in your trash can. To uphold our company's high standards, we will review the importance of thoroughly inspecting a room with our housekeeping staff. We are grateful for the feedback you provided, so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We hope to see you again in the future.
2 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
li men
"Very basic accommodations"
Adequate and good if you want to prepare food in room. Surprised not even housekeeping to make bed and empty trash each nite. Coffee, hot water but no decaf. Packaged sweetened oatmeal, bars and fresh fruit for breakfast.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you for taking the time for writing a review of your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen and our neighborhood; however, we are disappointed to hear that you were not informed of our housekeeping policies. We include weekly housekeeping services for our guests staying 8 days or more. We offer additional cleanings and refresh services for a minimal fee. We will review your feedback with our front desk staff to make sure we are fully informing our guests during check-in. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
2 night business trip Sep 7, 2014
"The staff is terrible"
I did make the reservation through Expedia two non-smoking rooms. The first thing I heard from the receptionist (girl) was that one of my room was set by the system as smoking room. And she told me that I did make mistake to choose the smoking room instead of non. I showed her my confirmed email about two non-smoking room then she told me that maybe the Expedia website did warn me about the unavailable non-smoking room but I did ignored, I said no. All I wrote was short but the whole conversation was very terrible and the staff was very nasty. Finally, she said she had to tell me that I was one who are wrong so she was not responsible for the unavailable of the non-smoking room. I told her I truly understand that it is not her fault but maybe the system was fault but she rather tell me that there was nothing she can do than just yielded me that I was wrong.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Khoa
About what you expect for a low cost place, but the breakfast was the skimpiest I have ever had.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so we are disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations and that you were disappointed with our grab-and-go breakfast options of coffee, oatmeal, muffins, granola bars and fresh fruit. We offer a selection of quick options for our guests that do not have time to cook in their fully equipped kitchens. We will review your feedback and look into continuing to add to our breakfast selection. Our team is committed to completely satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"Comfortable accomodations at a great price"
My husband and I stopped at Extended Stay America during a roadtrip, and were able to book a nice room at a great price. The room was comfortable, with a mini-kitchen and nice king size bed. The location is great if you're looking for accomodations near the Arboretum area. I think this would be a great place to stay for business travel, given the nice kitchen in the room and convenient location.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our location. We are proud to read that we were able to provide you with a comfortable room and kitchen at a great price. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Katie
"Very noisy"
Pros Location Cons Older hotel, needs updating, noisy
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"Horrible experience"
The staff was so unfriendly, calling another customer a jerk. I was told that I would have to wait 2.5 hours to go to the bathroom. There were white stains on my bed and also a bug crawling across my bed. There was a crumpled muffin wrapper in the room and also coffee in the bathroom sink. The room smelled like rotten broccoli.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
I
"So much wrong, only a little bit right"
Had to change my room twice, once due to a broken air conditioner, and the second time because the room was un-made. The final room smelled like incense and stale cigarettes. The internet sucked. If you have work to do on the wireless network, good luck. The signal drops without fail at random moments. When I presented my complaints to the front desk during checkout, all I received was "sorry". Not staying here again.
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2014
"Lousiest hotel ever"
I traveled for over 25 years of my working life an this is the worst stay we have ever had. There were no hangers in the room had to ask twice for them. No kitchen supplies event though it had a kitchenette. When we asked for a place to eat the staff had no idea other than go down the frontage road which was the opposite of the restaurant. Will never stay at another Extended Stay.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
P
"Great Hotel!"
Really clean. Nice staff. Won't bother you before check out time, with the rrrroooooom service!
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
It is so rewarding to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel, as well as, the service that you received from our staff. We would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
1 night business trip Jul 4, 2014
"Convenient and good value"
Convenient to meeting, restaurants, etc. and good value for the low price. Only drawback was there really is no free breakfast. But there was coffee.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"nice!"
Had a great time. Wonderful location. The location is close to everything.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are so pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable. We are especially happy to hear you were able to take advantage of one of our favorite amenities, our fully equipped kitchens; however, we are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the bathroom size. We would like to thank you again for posting your review; as it will help us improve our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Nice enough for the price."
Check in was smooth and fast. The staff was very professional, quick, and helpful. The room was spot less, although you could tell that the previous occupant was a smoker. The only complaint I have concerns the fact that there was not a cup, glass or plastice to be found. No ice bucket for ice either. Besides lack of cups/ice bucket,the stay was quite nice.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are proud of our team for providing you with great customer service and a clean room. However, we are disappointed to hear your room had a smoke odor and that you were not notified that our kitchenware is available at the front desk for each guest. We have met with our staff and have gone over ways that we can prevent this from happening in the future. We have also spoken with our staff about properly informing our guests about our amenities, including our new customized kitchen options. We would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Clean hotel and the room was nice. Had a comfortable bed.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Diana
"Bad all around. Avoid."
One of my rooms wasnt ready when checking in at five pm. Cigarettes and ash found in one of the non smoking rooms plus someones clothes. Breakfast was packaged oatmeal only. Crappy hotel all around.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
George - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are very sorry to hear that your room's cleanliness did not meet your expectations. We are working with our entire staff to continue to improve our hotel and our level of cleanliness. Thank you again for posting a review of our hotel. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Average"
It wasn't anything special, but didn't have any complaints about anything in particular
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with feedback. We hope that you will return to our hotel in the future.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Paper thin walls and slamming doors all night!!"
No sleep all night. Paper thin walls, you could hear the woman in the next room singing and carrying on almost all night long. Plus very loud door slamming, that would make the walls shake. On top of all that, the water faucet for my bathroom sink stopped working while I was brushing my teeth for bed. The water just stopped coming out! The bathtub had black stuff on the bottom and smelled of mold and mildew. I will never stay here again.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Anna - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We are very sorry to hear that your room did not meet your expectations. We take cleanliness very seriously and will be working with our staff to ensure that the rooms meet our hotel standards. We are grateful for the feedback you provided so that we are able to continually improve our hotel. We would like to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2014
Anna
"Cleaness"
Was a clean place and the front desk person was nice and very helpful. Only thing i didn't like was i had a non smoking room and the person before me smoked in the room! so the whole room smelt horrible because of the smoke.
1 night trip with friends May 31, 2014
"Good staying here"
The place is definitely worth it. The staff was ultra friendly and accomodating.
1 night business trip May 26, 2014