All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here10100 N Capital Of Texas Hwy, Austin, TX, 78759, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Hotel is Okay"
As the title says, the hotel is okay. The customer facing staff is awful. Long waits for them to do anything, general confusion at the front desk and absolute lack of pride in the service that they are bering paid to provide.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Michael - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that the service provided by our staff was not satisfactory. Please accept my apology. I am meeting with all of them this week to ensure that this type of issue does not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
10 night business trip May 8, 2014
"Quiet"
Rooms were quiet, pretty clean and affordable. Gotta remember to ask for clean linens though next time, the top blanket smelled like a bottle of cheap perfume landed on it!
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the comforter in your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will do everything within our power to make sure your experience is not repeated. Still, I am glad that you enjoyed your room overall, and found to the hotel to be clean. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Oklahoma
We stayed for 3 nights and they never cleaned the room, had to ask for new towels and had to clean the trash ourselves. TV channel was really limited and breakfast was almost nothing. The price was not worth the service.
3 night trip May 10, 2014
"Great Stay!"
I loved my stay sooooo much. The room was everything I wanted & more. Plus, it was super affordable!!
1 night trip May 10, 2014
Shacorian
"Needs Order"
The area is very nice. Everything really close. The hotel is very nice after the remodel. The room very clean. Smelt clean good room. The only thing was the front desk only one person working. No help what so ever to help him. Seems no managment there to manage dis order bc that what it was for about 10 mins. People waitting for rooms that werent clean yet.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
nov13jcg
Lots of hallway noise since it was right next to the elevator.
1 night business trip May 5, 2014
"Not bad"
If your looking for a quick stay nice location this is your spot
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
"Close to movie theater."
The stay was good. I was told that I was not going to received room services (Cleaning) because I was going to stay 5 days. However, they will change/replace towels when you bring them to the front desk. I can see if they don't want to interrupt a family staying in the rooms. However, I think they will do better by having a tracking system of the rooms that want to have the room service done daily. Kictchen and refrigerator where clean. The only complain I have is about the TV. How come we only have 4 or 5 channel available to see.
5 night trip Apr 6, 2014
"Cheap Hotel in a not cheap area"
The room had an overwhelming smoke odor. It was horrible. The freezer smelled of fish and the coffee maker didn't work. The common areas also smelled unpleasant. The lobby door entrance looked like a back or side door entrance and was not well lit. Very disappointing experience.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed that your experience with us was not satisfactory. Please accept my apology. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I have met with our staff to ensure the expectations for the housekeeping and inspection process are being met every day. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
very disappointed. upon arrival checked in, went to the room.. had 2 small children who had been in the car traveling. One went right into the bathroom and the toilet did not work. Called front desk , she stated 'ill see what i can do'. 45 minutes later, nothing. I went downstairs since he needed the restroom. She asked what I wanted her to do about it, and that she was waiting to hear from maintenance. (mind you we never heard back from her). Finally she decided to give us another room, no apologies, nothing. Continental breakfast was also very weak ,, bagged muffins or oatmeal.. and apples. No milk, OJ, bananas. For the neighborhood and price we paid with the 'deal' expected a little more, and good customer service.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Sarah - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. The situation you described regarding your experience at check in is truly regrettable. We are very sorry this happened. I discussed your comments with our staff, and we have addressed the proper procedures in handling a situation like this. As well, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2014
"Cheaper hotel, clean, Not too far from downtown"
This was a good hotel...The cost was good, the distance from Downtown not too bad, and overall comfortable. Pretty clean. The girl that checked us in was very nice, but there wasn't always someone immediately accessible at the desk. Biggest complaint: I traded in towels for clean ones...and the ones I got were damp.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
"Very well-located, nice hotel."
Delighted to highly recommend this hotel. Its location near the Arboretum ("?) and MoPAC made it so simple to get around. The hotel was clean, room was very comfortable and beds & pillows great. Staff was friendly and efficient. Will definitely stay there again in Austin and anyplace else I find an Extended Stay America hotel.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Frances - The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the near future!
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Frances
"room change"
My confirmed reservation was for non-smoking room. they gave me smoking room. said no non-smoking rooms were available. I can't trust future reservations
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I will meet with our entire staff and review our reservations policy so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Again, thank you for the comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"Good price nice hotel."
Great place, clean, easy to get to things via Mopac Hwy. Really close to good places such as Panera and Whole Foods, maybe a 10 min drive from downtown. My only complaint is that they didn't have a gym to work out in.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our location and the cleanliness of our hotel. Still, I apologize that we do not currently have a fitness center for our guests to enjoy. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
TSparks
"located in a nice area"
I loved the comfortable beds and the room type.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Jessica – Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It’s great to hear that you were satisfied with your comfortable bed and our convenient location. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2014
jessica gordy
"Lovely clean hotel with most comfortable bed"
Love the location the room the staff the bed. AWESOME!!
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your clean, comfortable room, our location and our staff. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2014
unrika
"Renovated hotel, close to NW offices and shopping"
Wife and myself stayed there on Feb 3rd for one night. Renovated place looks really nice now. People at the desk are very friendly and helpful. One comment is that pillows and bed sheets had some smell. I would stay at Extended Stay America Arboretum for its location close to offices, and high end shopping. NW Austin is my preferred part of town even if I have business at UT-Austin which is close to downtown.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Alex - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the friendliness of our staff and our hotel's location. Please accept our apologies for the linens in you room. In response, I have met with our staff to ensure this issue is remedied as soon as possible. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
Alex Ibarra
THe only issue I had was they could not give me a receipt upon checkout they said I needed to get from Hotel.com. Can I get one from Hotel.com?
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay with us. While we cannot provide a receipt for third party site reservations, you can reach out to the company directly and get one from them. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night trip Feb 4, 2014
"Remodeling under way..."
Location is currently undergoing remodeling. Even with all the construction, staff were very nice and room was clean.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that our staff was able to meet your needs. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am glad that we were able to meet this goal. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Jan 23, 2014
My only complaint is that they were in the process of construction. I walked into the room to a letter stating the water would be turned off from 2-4. I had a wedding to go to and needed to shower prior. The water never was turned off but still it was alarming.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"Non-smoking rooms in heavy smoking floor!"
I was given a "non-smoking" room in what appeared to be a must-smoke floor. The entire floor was heavy of cigarette smoke smell, and inevitably that smell made its way into the non-smoking room as well. Overall, not a bad place for a brief stay, but you do get the feeling that you are in a can-be-much-better place.
2 night trip Nov 6, 2013
"You Get What You Pay For!"
This was a slight step up from sleeping under a bridge! The hotel is in a good location in the Arboretum area and the staff was polite but not very helpful. They gave me a smoking room which I did not want and they could not change me. Everything reeked of cigarettes including the hall way. The furnishings were old and gross. The lobby had two sets of pull doors which was a pain while carrying luggage. People sat outside the lobby and smoked day and night. There were roll up door frames around both elevators? The room gave dingy a new meaning. The windows were filthy and only one had a screen which was also filthy. The rug and bedspread were old and worn and made me want to keep my shoes on at all times. The closet was a piece of wire shelving. The kitchenette was ok but slightly welfare hotel-ish with worn plates, glasses and furnishings. The bathroom fixtures were old & worn and probably not so nice when they were new. They gave me one tiny piece of soap and no shampoo! I asked for shampoo and they had none so I had to run out in the morning before my business meeting and try to find some. It almost completely ruined my trip but I spent as little time there as possible. They had “grab & go” breakfast included which was coffee and apples. I got a cheap rate but wish I had stayed in one of the other hotels in the area.
2 night business trip Oct 24, 2013
CJP
"Barely comfortable"
Hotel was situated conveniently. But there was no housekeeping, no sitting area and the beds were very uncomfortable. I would not use this chain again.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"NOT worth the $"
The room was filthy, the room smelled musty, the a/c leaked the entire time it was on, the hallway strongly smelled of smoke,
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you did not feel at home. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are all very sorry you had a bad experience. We are having our maintenance staff to check all A/C units and diffuse odors in all rooms and common areas. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
"Weekend getaway"
Hotel was overbooked. 1st room they tried to put us in had someone in it already!!! However, the staff was quick to remedy the situation.. Only drawback was it was the very 1st room next to the lobby and the elevator. Room was very clean and smelled great.. Could use some updating which they're in the middle of but haven't yet gotten to the 1st floor. (starting with the 4th floor)
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Brandon - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were overall pleased with your stay. Although, I am very sorry for the confusion you had at check-in. In response, I have talked to my staff and will make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
Brandon
"Needs Some TLC"
The neighborhood was convenient and I liked that you could open the windows in the room. The kitchen would have been convenient had we stayed more than one night. That said, the two times we used the front desk to check in and check out, the desk person was off "assisting other guests". The elevator smelled like smoke, the room was noisy, the beds uncomfortable, drops of blood on the floor in the bathroom. Had I paid a lot less, I wouldn't be writing this review because that's about what I would expect to pay for a hotel of this quality....considering that I paid over the century mark for this one, the review needs to be written because it was a rip off. I won't be staying in this hotel again.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Nice hotel for the price. Breakfast could be better.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Mark - We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of our property. Thank you for the feedback regarding the grab and go breakfast. We take all reviews very seriously and use them as means to help improve not only how we do things here at our property but also within the entire Extended Stay America community Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"Easy access for transportation."
The room was quite comfortable by being able to adjust temperature and keeping and using food service facilities. It was very quiet from other guests and outside noise. I would stay again if in the area.
4 night business trip Sep 25, 2013
"comfortable and economical."
Staff was courteous and went out of their way to be helpful. The grab and go breakfast didn't deserve the label breakfast. I was grateful I chose extended stay
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
G - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the guest service you received from our staff. Also, I apologize that our grab- and go breakfast did not meet your expectations, but I am happy to hear you enjoyed your overall stay at our hotel. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
G
"needs improvement"
Monica and Measha (I believe is their names) the hotel clerks were wonderful and of great help. I am disappointed in most other parts of the hotel. THe lanudry room while nice and worked ok did not have a change machine. Who carries 19 quarters w/ them and there is not place to get change around the hotel..I highly recommend getting a change machine in there. Also our rooms were never serviced the entire time we were there and we were there for 3 day. Also one of the the lamps by the bed did not work. The place is ok..I would rate if 2.5 out of 5 meaning I would stay there again if I had to but not if there were other options.
2 night trip Sep 17, 2013
steve
"Good Value"
Comfortable room and friendly staff. Could have a better breakfast selection, but overall a good value.
1 night trip with friends Sep 14, 2013
CH
"Great Staff. Clean room."
The room was clean and the staff was extremely helpful and deserve big raises. I stayed from 9/13 - 9/16 and the front desk staff, especially Daniel, was very courteous and helpful. Not many amenities at this hotel but if youre simply looking for a clean safe place to sleep, it's great for the price.
3 night family trip Sep 13, 2013
Sheila
Decor doesn't look like it has been updated since 1970s. "Breakfast" is packaged granola bars, muffins and a few apples and oranges. Lobby desk closes at 11PM. Housekeeping is once per week.
2 night business trip Sep 11, 2013
"no up to the par"
could be much better, terrible room condition and shower water leak etc.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Jackie - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that there were several maintenance issues in your room at check-in. In response, I am making adjustments to our post check-in maintenance procedures to ensure that these types of issues do not happen again in the future. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Sep 14, 2013
jackie
"Just OK place in nice area of Austin (Arboretum)"
We booked this place based on it's location (close to early morning appointment the next day). We were not looking for anything "special", but anticipated a bit more than what we got. We checked in around 11:00 PM and was surprised to find the lobby doors locked (again, this is a nice area of Austin). After ringing the bell, the night clerk opened the doors and assigned our room to us and told us about the free wifi and where the continental breakfast is setup beginning at 6:30 in the morning. Continental breakfast at this hotel includes individually wrapped muffins, breakfast bars, and apples -- all set up on a small table in the lobby. There are no tables for guests to sit and eat their "breakfast". According to the clerk, most people just grab it on their way out the door -- hmmm...not a good way to start the day. The elevator we took reeked of cigarette smoke -- we are non-smokers and were just about knocked over by the smell entering the elevator. Thank goodness, the room did not smell of smoke. The king room with tiny kitchen area was clean and comfortable. Room had flat screen TV. Pillows were comfortable. There is linoleum in the bathroom and kitchen area that is made to look like maple wood flooring -- does not look too bad except in the bathroom where the linoleum is peeling up on all the edges along the wall, tub, and toilet. Someone has tried to patch it up with caulk -- poorly. I will probably not stay or recommend this hotel to friends/family.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I was disheartened to read that you were misinformed about our breakfast at check in. Please accept our apologies. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will explain our services better in the future to make sure your experience is not repeated. As well, I apologize that your room was unclean and items were in need of repair. I will be working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure we improve our services moving forward. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
we2texans
"Reasonable cost for a decent stay"
Had no issues with the hotel. It was clean and just as advertised. Would definitely stay there again if I return to the area.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our property and would return in the future. We look forward to hosting you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"nice place"
i enjoyed it. the hotel was nice and clean, would stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"Convenient to everything"
I've stayed here several times and would stay again.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Hi Lacey, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you have enjoyed staying with us on more than one occasion. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
lacey
awful-didn't stay there. Cancelled reservation. Room smelled like smoke. Wouldn't tolerate that.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your room had a smoke smell. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is going to focus on ensuring that our smoking policies are more strictly enforced moving forward. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2013
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
The hotel is not really close to the beach. I don't have a good title. I had a smoking room. I did not like it. Most facilites have adopted a non-smoking policy. This facility should move to that policy as well.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
Jackie
"Not what I wanted or expected"
The only thing you can say about their advertised breakfast was that it started with a B - non existent - No lobby area - no maid service - When you could find a front desk attendant, she was smiling and nice.
3 night trip Jul 4, 2013
"Outdated"
Not up to date at all, especially for the very nice Arboretum area it's in. Lobby is tiny and thus loud with bustle and traffic. Though front desk clerk was very courteous & efficient. Hallways are tiny too and loud 24/7. The room was musty & shabby and needs updating. Bathroom looks 80s generic. Still has tub mats!? Almost looks college dorm except it was clean. So It's clean and comfortable but not what you'd expect from this chain. The other location on 183 that's an older property in a more industrial part of town is actually much nicer than this one. I was super disappointed.
1 night business trip Jun 24, 2013
Becca
"great stay"
This hotel is in an awesome location. Very friendly staff and its very clean!
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It is so rewarding to read that you were really comfortable during your stay. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our convenient location and friendly staff. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Business trip May 2, 2013
djones
"Meh"
You never know what a bad hotel is until you've stayed at one. Spent three nights here and they were all pretty much bad. You can hear everything in the halls, above your room, and pretty much anywhere else. Bed was uncomfortable, room had a musty smell, bathroom was less than clean. It is in a nice location but there are other hotels around and I would suggest you give them a try first. Tried to save some money with this one, totally not worth it.
3 night business trip Apr 18, 2013
"burgain price, amazing location and great staff"
good size room. no highway noise. front desk staff Lisa gets 110% for being very nice and welcoming.
Response by Extended Stay America - Austin - Arboretum
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was so enjoyable and our staff were nice and welcoming, especially Lisa! Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Apr 17, 2013
Staff was very friendly. Street noise and noisy a/c made it hard to sleep.
1 night trip Apr 13, 2013
"nice get away"
for the money it was a great hotel. everyone was helpful.
Other trip Apr 7, 2013
"Good location, good value"
Great location. Hotel is a bit dated, but a good value for the price.
Other trip Mar 11, 2013
Dow
"So so"
No ice machine, no wake up call, on a busy street, everything else was good. I would stay there again but would be better to be closer to downtown.
2 night business trip Mar 5, 2013
"Good place, great to have a kitchen"
Not a fancy place, but definitely meets your everyday needs, with convenient location for work (if your business is around that area).
2 night business trip Feb 19, 2013