All hotels in Austin, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here4320 I 35 S, Austin, TX, 78745, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

When I arrived at four, I was told that my room wasn't ready yet. My reservation may have gotten confused; at first they put me in a smoking room, and I could barely breathe. Fortunately they were able to give me another room, which was fine. Hallway carpets need cleaning or replacing, and one of the security doors didn't work right.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Verified Traveller, Thank you for letting us know about your stay and we are so sorry we were not able to get you into a room at your time of arrival. Our check in is at 3:00pm so we should have had that ready. I would like to let you know that since your stay we have updated all our hallways with new carpet. We hope to see you again in the future, safe travels!
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"nice!"
would stay here again room was nice and comfy very quiet. great place to stay if youre in town and need somewhere to sleep. right room for a decent price.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
SOPH, Thank you for taking time out to review our hotel! We are so glad you enjoyed your time in Austin. Safe Travels,
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
SOPH
"Pleasantly Surprised"
This hotel was surprisingly nice and comfortable. It was clean and quiet and had plenty of space for us and our dog. The only complaint is that the bed squeaked loudly with every movement.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Verified Traveller, We are so happy that you enjoyed your time with us but don't like that you had to deal with a noisy bed. We would love for a second chance to see you again and provide a squeak free bed! Safe Travels!
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
Overall, it was a great experience. The only negative was I could not check out 2 hours late, but I totally understand.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Betty, We are sorry we could not accommodate a late check out for you. Thank you though for posting a review and staying with us. We hope to see you soon. Safe Travels!
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
Betty
"Arkansas"
I drove from Arkansas to Austin for the concert at cedar park center on 7/22. I decided to come a day early & I'm glad I did. Travis was really helpful with information as I checked in & upon check out, both ladies at the desk were just as helpful. I am considering moving to Austin & got great information on temporary housing with Candlewood/Austin. Looking forward to coming back.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Bridgette, Thank you so much for the kind words and review. We are really happy that you had a great and memorable trip. We hope to see you again in the future! Safe Travels!
2 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Bridgette
"Awesome"
Clean and great. Staff was very helpful and sincere. Made my stay even better. Rooms are clean everything you need is there. Grill available and kid friendly.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Omekala, Thank you so much for the kind review, we think the grills are great aslo! We welcome you back anytime you are back in the Austin area. Safe Travels!
3 night trip Jul 16, 2014
Omekala
"Good hotel with a good deal."
Hotel staff were nice, rooms were ok. The overall condition was about 3.5 of 5. Really good deal for the location though.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Tim, Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review of our hotel. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels!
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Exceeded Expectations"
I honestly didn't know what I was going to get. I booked a queen suite smoking room and normally the smoking rooms have strange smells, cigarette burns everywhere, and dingy sheets...to my surprise complete opposite! This room was clean from bathtub to sheets! My fiancee and I were both surprised when we walked in and both agreed it was worth the $100 for the night. Will definitely book again, it was a very decent place to stay after a long day out for my Mother's 50th Birthday. The neighborhood is fine right off the access road and near several car dealerships. They even put a complimentary bag of popcorn in the microwave...great stay very and I was very satisfied not to mention nice decor from a woman's point of view. Enjoy!
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Nicholle, So good to hear we could provide an safe, clean and welcoming place after a long day. Happy Belated Birthday to your mother! We look forward to seeing you again. Safe Travels!
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2014
Nicholle
"great hotel - just map your route first"
this was an excellent site. No complaints whatsoever.. nice spacious little suite. only problem with this hotel is you need to chart your course first because of its location you will overshoot it from almost any direction if you aren't mindful of your exits ahead of time. you have to exit well in advance or you will be sent way past it on the freeways going all 4 directions!
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Patti, Thank you so much for the kind words and we definitely feel your pain on the directions issue. For the future, feel free to use 1005 St. Elmo St. Austin, Tx 78745. We have found that this address located directly behind the hotels works better. Safe Travels!
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Patti
"South Austin Location"
The staff was friendly. We wanted a King Bed but was told they only had Queens, so we asked for two doubles, they didn't have those either. The room smelled like someone had smoked in it a lot. The hallway had trash for all three days we stayed there. The drawers had trash in them also. The hotel has no ice machine on the premise (really weird).
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Norm, Thank you for the nice comment about the hotel staff. We truly are sorry and disappointed about the multiple trash issues. We will definitely address this with the right people and make sure this is being taken care of. The hotel unfortunately does not have a main ice machine, this is because every room has one in their refrigerators. Ice is also always available at the front desk. Safe Travels!
2 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Norm
"Terrible employees customer service!"
I came in here after being in the hospital and the staff was immediately rude to me! Not helpful with any requests I had. And then our second day just before checkout, the manager yelled down the hallway to my boyfriend being extremely rude to him too!!! NEVER use this hotel is my suggestion!!
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
april
"A little out of the way, but nice."
I had to go over to Oltorf for my trip, so it was close, but out of the way if you want to go downtown. The exit was awkward, so if you're coming from the north take the exit before the one it tells you to use... once I got there, the staff was very friendly and I got checked in quick. The room was really nice and clean, my only issue was there were a couple of minor stains on the carpet and the bed was on a wooden frame that squeaked every time I moved. The bed was comfy though, and the stains were not reflective of how clean everything was.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
"Location and price good"
Good location to food just south of hotel at next cross street. Price could not be beat for the value. Halls could use some good cleaning and smelled of smoke.
2 night trip Jun 18, 2014
"Nice hotel and nice staff"
It was a good experience, no problems. We were hardly there. We just went to take a bath and sleep.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
A verified traveler. Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us, and everyone, know how we are doing. We hope to see you again next time!
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
I think it was a good alternative for someone that doesn't want to spend a lot on a room. Probably older facility but updated well. Very clean, spacious room. Air worked well. Good tv options. Bathroom was nice and updated. Kitchen area with counter space, fridge and microwave.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
A verified traveler, We would like to take the time to thank you for letting us know how we are doing. It makes us happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we would love to accommodate you again when you are in the Austin area.
2 night business trip Jun 13, 2014
"Nice little stop near family!"
We were pleasantly surprised by the nice atmosphere and the comfort of the room!
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
A verified traveler, Thank you for taking time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you again!
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Good bare-bones accommodations"
This is a good place to stay if you want a good economical stay with no frills. It is spacious and relatively clean, although the floor in the kitchen area was tacky. My shoes kept sticking to it as if it had been cleaned with a gummy detergent but not rinsed. Otherwise, not bad for the price. Don't expect breakfast or eating accommodations, though. There are only overpriced snacks available.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Esther, Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know how we are doing. It is our utmost concern to take care of our guest and to make sure they enjoy their stay with us. We would love to have you again.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Esther
"Very nice for the price."
I had a great time.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
A verified traveller, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Call back anytime you are in the area!
1 night trip Jun 8, 2014
Staff was very kind. The hotel itself was good. The room was clean...nice...and comfy. Would stay again. Thanks.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
brv, Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. We appreciate all the feedback we can get and are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please call anytime you are in the Austin area!
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
brv
"Comfortable, good value"
Room was large, comfortable, updated bathroom, and having a full kitchen allowed us to fix some meals before venturing out. Hotel staff was very helpful, responsive. Close to the South Congress entertainment / shopping area, too.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Hank and Betty Spiker, thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know how we are doing. We are glad to know that we were able to accommodate your needs and look forward to having you again.
2 night trip Apr 28, 2014
Nice and clean room.
2 night trip May 20, 2014
"Avoid Rooms near Gazebo"
The room is great. Due to noise from the gazebo area, ask to be placed away from this area.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
BNunn, we would like to thank you for letting us now how we are doing. It is our utmost concern to accommodate our guest and we are glad that we were able to move you due to the noise level.
1 night trip May 25, 2014
"Very nice"
I really enjoyed the hotel. It was very comfortable.
Other trip May 22, 2014
"Austin Travel"
I am traveling to Austin every other week for work. I have stayed at this hotel my past two trips to Austin. The accommodations are good and the staff is always very friendly and helpful. I will use this hotel each time I travel here going forward.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
A verified traveler, we are very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and want to thank you for letting us know how we are doing. It is our utmost concern to please our guest. We will be seeing you again soon! Please call anytime you are in the Austin area.
Other trip May 16, 2014
"Perfect for price"
I cannot complain about our stay at the hotel. My mom would have liked a few a pool...and a king size bed... but I told her extra amenities cost extra dollars. Aside from that she was very pleased with her stay.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Stephanie, thank you for taking time out of your day to fill our a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would love accommodate you again. Call anytime you are in the Austin area!
2 night trip May 9, 2014
"Very accommodating for one person."
Room description online is a bit misleading. King Studio suite is not a suite at all. For two people who do not wish to share a bed, there is not ample room for a rollaway or comfort. No couch, and limited space prove very difficult. Rollaway had to be placed in the entryway, restricting access to the door. Staff was very helpful and all amenities were as advertised or better. Would stay again as a solo traveller.
Other trip May 11, 2014
"Very nice"
I had a weekend trip in May. I booked two rooms, suites, both were clean and spacious. The sofa bed mattress is very thin. Since we weren't using the sofa bed in one of the rooms we took that mattress and put it on top of the other and made for a much better nights sleep. For the price it was a very nice place.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Edgar Diaz, we would like to thank you for letting us know how we are doing. On behalf of our hotel, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that the mattress provided for you. Although that did give you trouble we are happy to see that the rest of your stay was good.
2 night trip May 2, 2014
Edgar Diaz
"All Around Great Hotel!"
Very clean, had everything you would need, full size refrigerator with ice maker, plates, glasses, silverware, microwave, steam iron, and the towels were so clean & spotless!!
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
krissy, Thank you for review and letting us know how we are doing. We are glad to see that you enjoyed all the amenities that we have to offer. We would love to accommodate you soon! Call anytime you are in the Austin area.
2 night trip Apr 18, 2014
krissy
"No complaints! Excellent facility."
Met and exceeded my expectations. Best value at this price point. Rooms was neat and clean, bathroom was clean and had plenty of towers etc. and bed was very comfortable. I'll book here for sure when back next in Austin!
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Sunny, thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know how we are doing. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you again!
Other trip May 4, 2014
Sunny
"Very ergonomic rooms. Nice!"
We are in Austin quite a bit on business, but we were there for a friend's wedding and our room was perfect for both of us. Idid do a little work. I'm a techy and was able to have a spacious working area with great WiFi and view work video clips on their flat screen TV with the adjustable arm.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
The Hilliards, we are so happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs! We would also like to thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know how we are doing. We would love to have you again!
1 night trip Apr 27, 2014
The Hilliards
"Well above expectations for the price"
I'm a business user and virtually don't use any hotel amenities, so this one will be the place to go back to, when in Austin.
4 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
"Nice hotel close to downtown."
Nice clean hotel close to downtown. Stayed here when I came to Austin for the Reggae Festival.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
"Loved it !!"
We will be staying there for sure again.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2014
Alice
"Austin Trip"
We were in town for the MotoGp races. This was our 2nd year staying at the hotel. It is easy to get to and everything seems to be close by. We went to a different place to eat every night and all were within 5-15 minutes drive. It is quiet and the rooms are nice.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Amber, We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could accommodate your needs. We would love to have you back, call anytime you are in the Austin area!
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
Amber
"wonderful stay!"
No complaints! Had to take a taxi to 6th street, but other than that, I loved my stay. The rooms were wonderful and had plenty of space.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
A verified traveller, Thank you for taking time out of your day to fill out a review. We thrive to make your stay with us the best it can be and are happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you!
2 night business trip Apr 4, 2014
"AWESOME PRICE"
The stay was perfect. I've always chosen Candlewood for my hotel. And anywhere else just doesn't compare.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Danny, Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you again!
1 night romance trip Apr 4, 2014
Danny
"Will stay here again"
Nice hotel; rooms remodeled. Inside room access. Room seemed to smell of cigarette smoke at first but not so bad by the evening. Even though it's on a busy freeway, the room was quiet - mostly due to fan on A/C under window. Has a full kitchen.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
A verified traveler, thank you for letting us know how we are doing. We would like to also apologize for the smell of cigarettes in the room. We do have a select few of smoking rooms on the third floor. We are glad to see that you will be staying with us again and we look forward to having you!
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"An overall solid hotel near downtown Austin"
Overall I was satisfied with my stay and had a positive experience. The suite was fairly large and the bed was comfortable enough and the place itself was very quiet. The only complaint came from my friend who had to sleep on the pull-out couch, which was apparently extremely uncomfortable since the metal bar from the bed frame would protrude from the thin mattress. He wound up just taking the mattress off the couch and sleeping on that. Other than that, just a few minor complaints...the complimentary popcorn that came in our microwave was really old and emanated a foul odor. Also, the front desk could provide better service by actually having someone sitting out there instead of in the back. From check-in to check-out there was never anyone seated right at the front desk, rather we would always have to call or ring the bell to get service. Not a major issue, but would accelerate the whole process if someone was just there from the get go. I stayed at this hotel because all the other hotels in downtown Austin were literally booked and this one was close enough and relatively cheap. If I had to stay in Austin again and couldn't find any other hotel in downtown Austin, I would definitely consider staying here again. Also, it's very close to the airport which was a plus, about a 15 min drive.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
George, Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know how we are doing. On behalf of our hotel, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences that occurred during your stay with us. We would love for you to give us a second chance. Please feel free to call anytime.
2 night trip with friends Mar 27, 2014
Not happy
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
Sophia Smith
"okay, but would only use as last resort next time"
Candlewood was sufficient, but will not be on our list of places to stay as 1st resort. Didn't like the fact that we got a handicapped room. The bathroom was not meant for non handicapped people. We had no kind of counter space, water from the shower got all over the bathroom floor since it was made for wheel chair access. Plus the shower head was so low that even myself, 5'6" tall had to bend down to get under the shower head. Now image my 6' tall husband doing the same...:( Also for the price there was no breakfast...:(
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Not thrilled
"Nice Place"
The staff was excellent! The room was comfortable and clean. The only thing I didn't like is that there were no blackout curtains or anything to pull over the sheers at the window. The "curtains" were just for show on either side of the window and didn't slide open or closed. On an upper floor this may not have bothered me much but on the ground floor, yes, it bothered me. My suggestion would be to get the runners and install curtains that can be opened and closed.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Chole, Thank you for taking time out of your day to let us know how we are doing. We apologize for the inconvenience of your black out curtains not working properly. Next time we will make sure they do!
2 night trip Mar 21, 2014
Chole
"Nice room, not what meets the eye"
No hot water, called desk and told would send someone...never did. Asked for more towels...never came. Room was comfortable enough, but couldn't enjoy due to bad showering conditions.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
Ben
"Clean hotel and short drive to downtown"
Quiet and clean hotel. Close to both downtown and McKinney would stay again.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Clean, roomy, friendly"
... and quiet. Those are the four things I look for in a hotel, and the Candlewood meets all four. Only drawback is the location on the freeway (hard to get to).
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Ron, On behalf of our hotel we would like to thank you for taking time to fill out our survey. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could accommodate you! Please call anytime your in the Austin area!
2 night trip Feb 28, 2014
Ron
"Great place for a great price"
I was really impressed with the size of my room and the amenities it had. There was a full sized, fully equipped kitchen in my room. It was a very comfortable stay, and I'll be staying here again soon!
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Crystal, Thank you! We love your feedback and thank you for taking time to fill out one of our surveys. We are happy to see that we met your needs and definitely look forward to seeing you again.
2 night trip with friends Feb 21, 2014
Crystal
"A cold shower is never fun!"
We had two rooms. One room was great but the other room had a stopped up toilet upon our arrival and the shower would never get warm. We did report it to the front desk so maybe the issue will be resolved.
Response by Candlewood Suites Austin-South
Lesia Thornton, on behalf of our hotel we would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had. We are here as a helping hand when these issues to arise. We would love for you to give us a second chance! And thank you for reporting the issue, it has been resolved.
1 night trip with friends Feb 22, 2014
Lesia Thornton
"clean room and fairly quiet"
The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was also bright and in good condition. I would definately go back. Not as close to the downtown area as i hoped but still a short distance..
2 night business trip Feb 21, 2014
"Just a pit stop"
The hotel is alright for a long term stay. If you are looking for a better quality experience, there are better choices. It is nice that the laundry services are free and there was plenty of space. Something about the room smelled funny though. Wasn't quite able to pinpoint what it was. Also, avoid a handicapped room unless you are. The bathroom is constructed with very poor drainage in the walk in shower, virtually no slope so half of the water sloshed out of the shower and onto the floor in front of the sink
1 night trip Feb 21, 2014
"Smoking"
Requested a non smoking room. I got a smoking room! The 3rd floor is all smoking...very smoking. It was a bad night for this non smoker. The rate was good and the room was clean. Unclean lobby and 1st floor to the elevator. Quiet enough. SMOKING!!!
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
Very great room for the price we paid:)
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014