All hotels in Columbus, Ohio, United States of America
6255 Zumstein Dr, Columbus, OH, 43229, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

2.8
    2.9
"Close to the Expo Center."
Recliner had crumbs in it. There were no tissues, no shampoo/conditioner(I brought my own) &no hair dryer in room.
Response by Extended Stay America Columbus - North
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you were not provided with shampoo or other amenities by the front desk. Please know, while we do not offer these items in each guest room, we do have them at the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request. I will work with the staff to ensure this message is being conveyed at check-in better moving forward. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
"Buckeye game"
Lady at desk was nice. No loud noises or anything during our stay. The only catch we had was the hotel beside wasn't of the nicest variety. Rooms were clean a little mold in one spot above the shower but for the price no major complaints. I would recommend to someone for the price.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
Nick
We reserved king non-smoking. There was an ashtray on the counter as if inviting smoking which explained why the room smelled like smoke. The bed was in no way a king size---queen for sure.
Response by Extended Stay America Columbus - North
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that you did not get a non-smoking king room. To prevent this from happening again, my team is reviewing check-in procedures to ensure all guest request are understood and taken into account. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Not good..."
The hotel was located in a shady area where there were abandoned hotels. Shortly after our stay we heard of someone getting shot in the back in that area. Our room smelled like stale cigarette smoke. The carpets were stained and matted and gross. We were not supplied with any shampoo and the bathroom floors were dirty. The hallways were stained and the elevator clearly hadn't been clean in a long time and there were sticky dirt spots on the floor.
Response by Extended Stay America Columbus - North
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am inspecting the rooms personally to make sure there is no smoke smell. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
"Dirty hotel close to Quarter Horse Congress."
There were obvious hand/finger prints of dirt all over the bathroom door. There was hair in the shower prior to anyone using it. The entire room smelled dingy/musky. I would not recommend this hotel to friends or family.
Response by Extended Stay America Columbus - North
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to both housekeeping and maintenance regarding the cleaning procedures and attention to details to ensure your experience is not repeated. Still, I am pleased our front desk staff provided you with courteous customer service. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"conveniently located and easy access"
located close to all major points in Columbus and easy on pocket.
Other trip Oct 19, 2013
Ananth
"Alright stay for decent price"
The room needs a bit of cosmetic updating or painting- dings, dents and scratches on walls and furniture. Tv had no remote and the desk was unable to find a replacement.
Response by Extended Stay America Columbus - North
Chris - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies that your room did not meet your expectations and that your television did not come with a remote control. In response to your feedback, I am ordering additional remotes and am working with our entire staff on improving our offerings. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"Not what we expected"
It was o.k. for a one night stay. we had no idea that what is listed as a hotel is basically an apartment building with a hotel name on it. We had to change the sheets on the bed ourselves as we were told that housekeeping had already left for the day. the blanket had stains on it so we just pulled it off the bed and slept without one. the walls were stained and scuffed and the bathroom was not cleaned properly as we found hair stuck to the shower wall as well as on the floor. we won't be staying here again.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Aaron M.
"Very, very disappointing."
Would not stay there again and I will quickly tell people not to stay there. Television - only have 23 or so channels instead of full number of available channels. They supposedly have a continental breakfast but it is not even that. More importantly is that they do not have a room where you can sit, eat and/or watch the news. Do not provide a paper - it is nice to have USA Today when traveling. At night there is no one there - they actually close the front desk with a pull curtain. I could not believe that. Finally, I stayed there three nights and they did not change even the towels. I went to the desk to ask about this. They gave me an empty plastic bag and told me to bring the dirty towels down to the desk and they would give me clean ones. What a bad experience. Especially from a recognizable name.
Response by Extended Stay America Columbus - North
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your needs. I apologize that our housekeeping policy was not communicated to you during check-in. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will strive to make sure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel in the future.
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
Perry
"Two Words-STAY AWAY!"
Reserved through Expedia , a King Room, non -smoking , they put me in a smoking room with a Double Bed because they said they did not have a King. The room smelled to high heaven, so I asked to change, they said they would call me with a new one . They never did. So I called back down to front desk, they put me in another room where the bed was not made, their were glasses in the sink etc, they finally put me in a clean room. When i initially walked up to the hotel, i should have known better, i had to walk through about 10 people smoking right outside the entrance. NIGHTMARE STAY IN DIRTY HOTEL! If this what all Extented Stays are , I would never go to one again
Other trip Sep 12, 2013
"No."
No, no I would not stay there again and no I would not recommend this to a friend. I have stayed in several Extended Stays across the country and this was by far the worst experience of them all. The hotel itself was in disarray. It was dirty. The staff wasn't very friendly. If I had not prepaid for the room I would have left upon first getting into my room.
Response by Extended Stay America Columbus - North
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am so disappointed that our location did not meet your, nor our, standards. Please accept my apology. I met with the staff and discussed both cleaning procedures and customer service to ensure that your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and bringing your concerns to our attention. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future and show you how we have improved.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"Needs updated"
This motel is old and it appears they have not upgraded in a very long time. The mattress was shot. It was caved in toward the middle and we both woke up with back aches.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
Deb
"Great option to save money on a vacation"
The fridge and stove top were great, but I didn't use the dishes that were supplied. I'm paranoid about bed bugs and was excited to see plastic encasings around the mattresses and the only bug I saw was a cricket in the hallway. Nothing fancy but a cheaper alternative to the full sevice hotels. The service was good and the workers were friendly and helpful. It seemed like a lot of people lived there permanently and seemed like some shady characters but I had no problems with them, my car overnight or my room. My son and I were there the week of the state fair but there was no noise issue with all the kids around. There are several retaurants nearby and a grocery store, which makes finding the hotel a little tricky. It seems like you're driving into the Giant Eagle parking lot but it's actually a little street with lots of (higher priced) hotels behind the store. I would stay here again.
2 night family trip Aug 3, 2013
Only thing we didn't like was the shower pressure. Well we think they should leave the grab & go breakfast up till 11:00. 9:30 some people aren't even up yet.
Response by Extended Stay America Columbus - North
Kev - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that the water pressure in your shower was low. Our maintenance staff is currently looking into resolving this issue. As well, while our grab-and-go breakfast is a new offering at our hotel, we will keep your feedback in mind as we continue to make improvements to it in the future. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2013
Kev
"not impressed"
i arrived at Hotel front desk person was not there had to wait 20 minutes to someone showed. Went up to my room opened the door an the smell was horrible from cleaning solutions thank god the windows opened but the smell never left. Next day got in the shower only had only warm water and the noise from the shower was like someone running a jack hammer pin -pointed it was coming from on - off lever in the shower how nice. only positive the bed was ok. The hawthorne next door is much nicer be advised
2 night trip Jul 26, 2013
not happy
the rooms were clean spacious very inviting beds were great very comfortable we enjoyed our evening there very nicely
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2013
Danes
"Very basic hotel with kitchenette"
On the plus side, I felt safe and the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. On the minus side, the room was dirty! There was a lot of hair left on the bathroom floor and dark fingerprints on door handles, walls, and light switches. The bathroom faucet was in poor condition--loose but useable. I had a non-smoking room and it did smell fresh. Breakfast was very basic but I was satisfied with fresh coffee, instant oatmeal and a piece of fruit.
Response by Extended Stay America Columbus - North
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that our rooms need to be inspected better. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with friendly service and a convenient location. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
KT
"Not what was expected..."
Queen size bed was actually a full size bed; bed was well broken in and dipped seriously in the middle. Linoleum floors were sticky. No shampoo or conditioner. Maybe 7 total channels. Continental breakfast was a joke: muffin in a bag, coffee, hot tea, and either an apple or orange.
Response by Extended Stay America Columbus - North
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were less than pleased with the amenities our hotel has to offer. Since we continually work to improve our services, we will definitely keep your feedback in mind. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Other trip Jun 23, 2013
"Never again"
I would never stay at this hotel again based on the fact that it is filthy, i didnt feel comfortable touching anything because it wasnt very clean.
1 night trip May 31, 2013
Chanelle
"Frontdesk service not good"
I checked in fine. But when i tried to log on to the internet, it was not connecting. Called frontdesk and they gave a number of technical vendor department. they took about 30 mins and fixed it. It went bad again on the 3rd day of my stay and had to spend another 30 mins to get it fixed. One night (last night of my stay i came in midnight and found my key was not working. Dialed 6 from the outside phone (as they mentioned) but no one picked. Waited outside for 30 minutes and then someone came in and suggested me to knock at a side window behind the bushes and try your luck. I did and the front desk (laundry person) came out and said your key should work as its correct in the system. Reprogrammed and i went to my room. It did not work again even though i tried several times. I went to the front desk again and tried to call / phone / etc but no answer again. But this time i knew what to do. Crossed the bushes and knocked the glass several times and then saw someone going towards the front desk. She mentioned that the laundry machines are working and the cordless went out of battery so I was not able to hear. I said then you should have left a note outside at the closed front desk about what to do incase of emergency. Breakfast is take-n-go and its pretty sad - only one type of muffin, two kinds of coffee and apple and oranges and the granola celeals. The room was ok nothing great but not bad. Kind of ok. One bed side lamp was fused but i adjusted with the other lamps.
5 night trip May 16, 2013
Sharath
If you do not stay more than 7 days then you do not get daily service. you have to get your own towels at the front desk. Also the water pressure in the shower was nonexistent and sometimes stopped coming out. I do not stay in many hotels but these two things are most important to the service part and extended stay lacks the service.
4 night trip May 16, 2013
"Quick overnight visit"
It was nice to have refrig and microwave in room and free internet. There are many hotels in the immediate area. After looking at rates, I believe I could have found a nicer room for less money.
Response by Extended Stay America Columbus - North
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am glad to read your remarks about the amenities we offer, such as having a refrigerator in your room. However, I am very sorry that you felt our nightly rate was a little too expensive. Our rates are based on a number of factors and are competitive with other hotels in the market. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
1 night trip May 3, 2013
"fair at best"
Room was not as pictured on app. I had a dirty feeling when I left the next day. I woulf not reccomend this hotel.
Response by Extended Stay America Columbus - North
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with the hotel and that it gave you an unclean feeling. The team and are working diligently to provide a level of cleanliness which meets our company standards, and guests will enjoy. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Romance trip Apr 20, 2013
"2nd floor is where it's at"
I stayed on the second floor. Very clean & well kept room. I was warned to stay away from the 3rd floor, which was described as "the ghetto". I guess those were the smoking allowed rooms. (Everyone, just smoke outside)
Response by Extended Stay America Columbus - North
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Your comments in regards to the clean and well-kept room you stayed in are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that the 3rd floor did not meet your expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have talked to the staff and we have come up with additional ways we can address the comments on the 3rd floor to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please feel free to contact me directly, at cnt@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip Apr 15, 2013
Duke
"hotel"
No toilet paper. Didn't know that they would not clean room and replenish toilet paper and soap. Was tired and did not bother. Also not sure whether they charged my card 2x for room.
Other trip Apr 13, 2013
"none"
Overall disappointing experience. Could hear conversations from others in adjacent hotel rooms. Very noisy due to kids running up and down the hallways. Very little hot water in kitchen sink. No hot water in bathroom sink. Water hot and cold in shower. Bed mattress was uncomfortable.
Other trip Mar 25, 2013
"Not everything you need."
The kitchen has literally only 2 place settings, only two bowls, 2 plates, etc. there wasn't any dish soap, or bathroom glasses. Definitely not everything you'd need for an extended stay.
Other trip Dec 24, 2012
"AVOID!"
Kept having issues with my key to get into my room. One night at 12am I had the same issue and went down to the lobby to get my key re-coded. No-one answered the phone assistance phone or was behind the counter. I ended up waiting roughly an hour before walking to the hotel next door and getting a room there. I would not suggest this hotel to anyone. AVOID.
Other trip Dec 6, 2012
OK FOR THE PRICE
2 night trip Nov 23, 2012
BOB
"Definitely not a 3 Star"
Definitely not a 3 star. Hallway carpets filthy, rooms looks not updated since 50'S. not sure that I will ever stay in another extended stay franchise.
Other trip Oct 21, 2012
"Not up to the usual quality"
We like to use the extended stay hotels for the convenience of the kitchenette. We were disappointed with the cleanliness of this one though. We were given a handicap room even though we did not need one. The lounge chair was broken, there was dust on the floor, and there just wasn't much in the cupboards to work with. The entrance was where all the employees smoked, which was just about all day! Our room was above that area. We could not have our windows open, even though it was stuffy in our room. The stairway halls were full of trash also. We just can't recommend this property!
Romance trip Oct 3, 2012
JoAnn
"Anniversary Away"
Upon arrival my husband and I were concerned because the front desk/reception area was not very clean. However, our room was extremely clean and well kept. The bed and pillows were also very comfortable. We were very pleased that the mattress and box springs were in zipped enclosures. I would have given the hotel a higher rating because we were pleased with the room but felt we needed to mention the lack of cleaning in entry and guest reception.
2 night romance trip Sep 14, 2012

"Extended Stay America needs an upgrade."
This is a tired property with all the smells of 1990. Room is old and tired, cigarette burns on the bathroom sink. To be fair it was the last room available in the Columbus area when I booked and it was for only a single night, but I wouldn't stay here by choice. Overpriced for the condition of the property but I had little choice. No in room coffee unless you asked for a coffee maker and even then I'm not sure coffee was provided in room. Nice person greeted me at the desk, very friendly staff. Tired Tired Tired hotel
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
Alan
"Second choice"
You get exactly what you pay for. The rooms were clean but somewhat sparse. No maid service, limited breakfast. Coffee and muffin only.
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
"Rock On The Range"
Stayed at this hotel for rock on the range. It was excellent because it was close cab ride to ROTR
Response by Extended Stay America Columbus - North
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that our location enabled you to enjoy your weekend that much more. We hope you had a great time at Rock on the Range! Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Other trip May 26, 2013
"rooms need a good cleaning from top to bottom"
I was not pleased on how dirty the walls and kitchen area was. The ktichen accessories were filthy.
3 night trip Mar 8, 2013
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
1 night trip May 24, 2014
3 night trip May 16, 2014
1 night trip Jan 6, 2014
"Nice hotel Quiet and Clean Rooms"
Response by Extended Stay America Columbus - North
Lashawnda - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the area and our hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Nov 15, 2013