All hotels in Monmouth Junction, New Jersey, United States of America
4230 Us Route One, Monmouth Junction, NJ, 08852, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Don't waste your time, money, or sanity"
Well. The hotel does not exist on google maps, which is used by IPhones. I'm assuming the majority of people staying in a hotel would use a GPS or IPhone to find their way around an unfamiliar area. There is also an extended stay 7 miles down the road that has a similar adress, yet equally horribly similar staff. When the staff at the first hotel couldn't find our reservation, he was very snappy, asking if we had the address correct, yet not informing us that there is another Extended Stay down the road. After running out in the pouring rain to find the confirmation, he told us to drive 7 miles down the road to the other one. When arriving at the correct one, we informed the staff they do not exist on a map, to which they replied "Oh, we know." Why they are so non-chilant and know about it yet have not done anything is beyond me. Our room was old, dirty, and frankly disappointing. One roomate had to take a cold shower, as the hot water never turned on. There was an old, moldy bar of soap at the top of the shower, and the tv, which only had 17 channels, would work on-and-off. The complimentary breakfast? Old fruit, small packaged muffins, chewy bars, and coffee. For the $140 the company paid for the trip, it was the worst ever.
Other trip Jun 9, 2013
"OK place, staff great!"
My only complaint is the website (either Expedia or hotel site) said it had a gym, which was the reason I choose this for my stay on a business trip. I thought maybe I had mis-read something somewhere, but talked to three other guests that also read on the website there was an indoor pool and gym. There is NO pool or gym at this hotel. Other than that, the staff was extremely pleasant. Good coffee in the mornings in the small lobby.
Other trip Jun 7, 2013
DutchGirl
"Weekend Getaway"
<3 the staff!
2 night romance trip May 25, 2013
"changes needed"
Don't advertise Breakfast... not realy anything. Also, layout of rooms are awful, bed was a bit uncomfortable, and you really need a computer with a printer
2 night trip May 25, 2013
"Convenient location but not for extended stay"
Disappointed to discover there is a "grab and go" breakfast table near exit door in an EXTENDED STAY HOTEL. No lobby space and eating space. There were two or three chairs near the front desk which were occupied by the same guests for hours. I don't blame because that's what people would want to do during extended stay. ELEVATOR had a strong SUSPICIOUS smoking smell. Bathroom door needs a giant to close hard to lock. The shower was extremely miser, just drizzling.
2 night business trip May 8, 2013
"Not clean room everyday?"
no room coffee at 2nd day No clean bed No extra towels
Other trip May 5, 2013
In
"Very quiet area.. Not loud"
I enjoyed my stay.. The beds were comfortable. The room was roomy. The breakfast was good and fast to take on the go. I will def stay here again
Other trip May 4, 2013
shai
Always Nice. Great friendly staff always making sure I have a great stay. Maria, Teo, Carla, Tahir, & Angelo are the staff member I tend to see there. Fantastic group of people.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2013
"Accessable to all and very accomodating"
I enjoyed my stay very much.
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2013
"Decent hotel for a couple"
Overall experience was decent ....heater/cooler system was a bit old-fashioned and unstable. All the necessities were provided though with a basic kitchen. We were able to use the kitchen for good use. Bed was comfortable and simple.
Other trip Feb 18, 2013
Sandy

"Gloomy"
Gloomy room. Very slow check in. Poor local knowledge from staff.
Other trip Mar 20, 2013

"超大的厨房,震惊"
Very good!
5 night business trip Sep 29, 2013
Peng Zhao
CN
"連泊用ホテル"
車等の移動手段がなければ使いにくい立地です。8泊し,チェックイン時にハウスキーピングは真ん中の日に一回すると聞いていた(週に2回以上のハウスキーピングは追加料金が必要らしい)のですが,言われた日の2日後までハウスキーピングが行われませんでした。大きな冷蔵庫や鍋,電気コンロなど揃っており,長期滞在には良いのではないかと思いました。
8 night business trip Sep 26, 2013
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Extended Stay America - Princeton - South Brunswick

"Extended Stay Visit"
01/28/16 Christos I Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Hello, Maria the GM at this location is very friendly and professional. She is very knowledgeable about the business and helped make our stay there very easy and comfortable. Maria and her staff are always friendly and eager to help in any way they can. We will definitely be staying there again within the near future. I recommend this hotel to anyone in the South Brunswick area.
"3 Years and Counting"
12/03/15 Michael W Princeton, New Jersey
I have been at this location since Nov. of 2013. It is now Dec. 2015. I have been well taken care of by Maria, Tahir, Ken and especially Cody. Cody is especially nice and accomodating to me and everyone who requires her attention. If everyone is as kind and caring as Cody, Extended Stay America will beat any of their competitors.
"Bed Bugs"
11/27/15 shahabk87 Toronto, Canada
To start with the main issue with this place, I found bed bugs in my room during my second week there. I was bitten all over with bed bugs. At first it started with a few itchy bumps and I thought maybe I'm having an allergic reaction to something. Then the number of bites increased. Finally I saw a bed bug crawling on the pillow one morning. The first morning I flicked it off the bed, went down to front desk to complain and show them the bite marks. They didn't believe me, and offered an adjacent room. The second morning I saw a bed bug crawling on the pillow again, but this time I captured it in a cup. They have done nothing so far to help! I have since checked out, waiting for the bites to go away and for the itching to stop. APPARENTLY BED BUGS ARE A HUGE PROBLEM WITH THIS COMPANY, and I only found out after my own experience. They do not care about proper cleaning, even after a guest checks out. I had a late check in (10 pm) on a sunday, for a 6 week stay. As soon as I pulled the dirty blanket off the bed I found bed sheets with little pieces of hair (body hair) all over the bed. Clearly the sheets had not been changed since the last guest. I told front desk and they brought me new sheets to change myself, and I was told the manager would be notified. After the 2nd weekly cleaning, during my second week there, I clearly noticed that the room had not been vacuumed and the bad tub still had soap scum indicating that the bathroom was not cleaned either.
"Old and Tired Hotel"
10/13/15 KandJ2014 Farmington, Connecticut
When we arrived, there was an irate customer complaining about the smell in his "non-smoking" room. There was also a large family waiting for their room to be ready (at 9:30 PM). To say the least this was not a good first impression. After my wife and kids went back to the car (feeling a little uneasy waiting in the lobby), I got the room key and we all went up to our room. Upon opening the door, a smell of old tobacco/room freshener hit us...not to mention the windows had been left open in the room (thankfully). The tub was stained and drain was broken and the carpet was worn. It was an ok place for a one night, but not worth the $189 we paid...not sure why this hotel gets a 4...perhaps folks should look beyond how close it is to Princeton and rate what they see on the site. Breakfast was also a joke with 2 muffins, no granola bars, and 1 apple (at 8:45 AM). Good place to avoid seeing how there are plenty of options around this area.
"A complete and total DUMP"
08/08/15 Geoffrey K Pittsburgh
The front desk person was MIA for 16 minutes, no one there just an empty check in desk when I arrived. Actually if he had not ever come back it would have been better. He was either completely incompetent or running some sort of scam. The first room he gave me was a pig sty which had never been cleaned since the pigs had left. The second room had TWO Large as silver dollar sized spiders scurrying around the tub. I told him his rooms were unsatisfactory and would be seeking a refund from Hotwire AND THAT I WAS NOT STAYING, he said I would not be able to get it. Hotwire refunded the payment as his rooms were totally unsatisfactory. AVOID THIS DUMP LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! There should be a rating lower than Terrible like DOUBLE SECRET TERRIBLE!!.
"Shockingly disappointing"
07/24/15 JeffRoth17 Bayonne, New Jersey
I can not believe what sad shape this property is in. Booked a Queen suite. Bed was a double. And the springs squeaked. Toilet was stained. Shower was stained. Towels were sandpaper. Kitchen - which I did not use - had peeling Formica, stained cabinets & a refrigerator I mistook for a vacuum cleaner in the hallway it was so loud. Hallway reminded me of a bad apartment building where all the cooking smells collect into one, enormous stink. Room was depressing & sad. I'm surprised that Extended Stay wants to claim this rundown property as one of their own. Stay there if you must - probably for the price - but be warned & lower your standards first.
"Mediocre Experience, Read Other Guests Reviews"
06/28/15 BrentShapiro Hackensack, New Jersey
The front desk lady Dorianne is very nice, without her help my stay would have been much less satisfactory. The hotel experience was mediocre. When I checked in they sent me to a first room, which wasn't cleaned. I was moved to a second room which was clean, but it was a non-smoking room. So I had to be moved to a third room - which was smoking, but again was not clean. I had to go downstairs and switch to a fourth room, which was finally both smoking and clean. The hotel really needs to put FOUR pillows on the bed, there are only three which makes no sense if you are staying in the room with another individual. Dorianne was really nice and got me a fourth pillow, but it wasn't easy for her to find one. The continental breakfast is coffee and granola bars and muffins PERIOD. I mean there's nothing else, I was disappointed I woke up for it, so I went back to bed and overslept. The other thing, I called down to check out late after 11 because I woke up again at 10:45 and they were not pleasant about my asking for an extra 15 minutes for check out. I HATE when hotels chase you out right at check-out.
"Terribly managed extended stay, don't say I did not warn you"
06/14/15 san_flier
This has to be the worst of the extended stay america's that I have ever stayed in. except for a couple, most staff is impolite and insensitive to the needs of the customers. I had asked specifically for a non-smoking room but I was given a room on smoking floor, no apology and the staff was trying to sell the room by saying that the floor is smoking but not the room (can you believe that). On my insistence they agreed to change but on availability and pass along the message, there was no message for the person at the desk, it took insistence on my part to get them to give me a room that should have been allocated to start with. When I asked for the all the appliances and utensils, there was a lame excuse that they did not have any. Windows would not open, shower head was not working well, carpets were smelly (this is inspite all the rooms being redone recently)...list goes on and on. Crappy experience, never to return and ya, the location sucks as there is nothing close by, not a diner or store that one can walk upto. There are other hotel options near the vicinity which are much better in the same or better price.
"Horrible staff, not helpful one bit."
06/09/15 Ryan H
I booked a room and paid in advance, when I arrived at the hotel the man at the front desk told me I didn't have a reservation. There was also another customer there with the same problem. He barely spoke English, I contacted trip advisor and they called the front desk, the employee just ignored the ringing phone. The man at the front desk was not helpful one bit! Very poor management to put someone on the front desk that was not willing to or able help. I tried to find a room at another hotel but they were all booked for the night. I ended up having to sleep in my car for the night and I paid $120!
"On the highway near Princeton"
06/02/15 Lawrence C Barrington, Illinois
When the University has a large event, the local hotels go crazy. This is another option. It was definately usable for a few nights at a reasonable price. As you go north on Route ! the sign is actually after the turnoff to get there! Internet is very slow. The free breakfast ammenity is there, but very minimal. I wasn't aware until I was checked in that there is only housekeeping once a week. That is no big deal, but they should at least tell you. Still only a few TV channels. The front desk people are very nice like Theo.