All hotels in Wilmington, North Carolina, United States of America
4929 New Centre Dr, Wilmington, NC, 28403, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

"Better than some 4 star hotels"
i was really surprised at how this hotel appeared better than some 4 star hotels I've stayed in. clean, friendly staff, nice sized tub, and the room was smoking (which is rare). i would absolutely stay here again
1 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2012
M
Kitchen was dirty and floors wasn't vaccum cleaned nor mopped. Bed sheets had holes all over them from cig. Had to go buy things to clean room
1 night family trip Sep 22, 2012
Clean room; professional staff, my stay here was a good experience.
Other trip Sep 25, 2012
"great place to stay"
the services staffs were great. our friends arrived and want to check-in early, I talked to the cleaning staff to ready a room ahead of schedule and she was more than willing to acomodate, that's service.!!
2 night trip with friends Sep 14, 2012
"School Day"
In town for a one day class at CFCC and needed a place to stay for the weekend. There were cheaper places in the area, but this was the better place.
2 night business trip Sep 14, 2012
MsKayeC
"Great except for the shower"
Motel rooms are usually just a place to crash in a clean bed and be able to take a shower, etc. This motel couldn't offer us a decent shower. The temperature could only be adjusted from scalding hot to too cold, and I had to give my 4-year-old son a cold shower after coming in from the beach. Later on, I couldn't get any hot water at all for my own shower. Everything else was fine - nice refrigerator, clean, etc. It would have been a great bargain for a weekend at the beach if not for the shower.
2 night trip Sep 7, 2012
"close to restaurants and UNCW-- safe area"
The location is about a mile from the UNCW campus. It is 100 yards to a Hootrs restaurant. There are several restaurants and shopping center right near location. Check in was easy. Room was as expected. Large refrigerator, two burner stove- microwave. and sink. Bathroom is smaller than most. Had a plumbing drip but not a big deal. Standard ac system which is loud but that helps me sleep. When I returned at 11pm the front desk is closed and locked. You need key to enter hotels so felt very secure. Don't know if that is problem with late check in. 10 minutes to drive to Wrightsville beach. Bed was hard and linens were cheap. For the price it was worth it, secure and good location if you want evening out without having to drive.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2012
beach traveler
"Not the best"
I was greeted with rudeness because the clerk didn't think I had a reservation. There were no amenities in the room except for soap---not even a hair dryer!? While at first glance the room looked clean, the bathroom door had remnants of what I can only seem to think was urine. Overall, not happy. I'll pay the extra money to stay at a Hilton or Hyatt next time.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2012
Sheena
"good place !"
good @ the time, would stay again.
2 night trip with friends Aug 17, 2012
"Loved this hotel"
For the price, this was a great hotel! Free parking and wifi, had a kitchenette in the room which was handy as we have a 5 month old, quiet safe area, was really nice and comfortable
2 night business trip Aug 17, 2012
C Worley
"Poor cleanliness standards"
The bed sheets were stained and had holes through them. The bathroom had grime and dirt along the tops of the shower. There was a bad odor coming out of the kitchen drawers and refrigerator that made the desire to use it non-existent. Even for an Extended Stay we paid too much for too little. If you want cleanliness this is not the hotel for you.
Other trip Aug 20, 2012
"NOT a hotel for families!"
My daughter and I checked into this hotel for 2 nights, we lasted 3 hrs! The front desk was nice, but the sheets on the bed were nasty to say the least, the halls were dark at night, and the guests staying there are not the type you'd want around your small kids!. This is NOT a hotel for families....and frankly we did not feel safe their and ended up going to another hotel.
Other trip Aug 9, 2012
"Great location, great amenities"
We thought the beds were very comfortable - The location is perfect, 15 min from the beach, 5 minutes or walking distance to great restaurants and shopping - The staff was very nice and explained what comes with your room and what does not (Ext. Stay chain anticipates longer stay guests - no daily room service, which was fine) - I regularly use Ext. Stay chain for business travel. Will continue to do so.
3 night trip Jul 26, 2012

"Excellent value, friendly staff"
Excellent value for money. Clean spacious rooms. Staff where very helpful and friendly. The free grab and go breakfast provided plenty of choice with tea, coffee, porridge, muffins, fruit and cereal bars. Hotel is central with plenty of amenities in surrounding area. Only 10 minutes to downtown Wilmington and 15 minutes to the beach.
Other trip Jun 4, 2013

"Bra värde för pengarna"
Jag bokade rökfritt,men det luktade ändå lite som ett f.d. Rökrum.
8 night business trip Mar 2, 2013
4 night business trip May 21, 2014
Christer Gyllhamn
SE

TripAdvisor reviews for Extended Stay America - Wilmington - New Centre Drive

"Don't make the same mistake I did!"
07/28/15 Chris P Chapel Hill, North Carolina
I used Priceline's Name your own price tool to book this hotel. Instead of my usual Comfort Suites rooms I get on business trips, I opted to go for Priceline to maybe get something swanky and close to the beach. I put in a $100 limit per night for three nights. What do I get? This freaking place. Advertised for $67 a night. I could have stayed across the street for $87 a night and been much happier. Lets start with the "free breakfast". Hope you like granola bars because that's all you get. Housekeeping? Nah, not unless you stay multiple weeks. WiFi? You can afford an extra $10 a day, right? Odor...you better just breathe out your mouth. Oh and wear earplugs. The long-term "guests" here are LOUD. Not only that, but staff was unwilling to let me cancel my reservation, check out early, or even pay with a different card. Upon hearing of all my complaints they wouldn't even give a partial refund. So I ended up spending $100 a night plus taxes and fees for three nights here. What a joke.
"Will not be staying here again!"
07/12/15 angelaw149 Knightdale, North Carolina
The driveway into the hotel is hard to see, as the 'entrance' sign is too far back from the street and hidden by landscape. The staff was friendly. To start our weekend, we get to our door, couldn’t get in. Had to go back to the front desk with our things. The front staff had to take the machine to our door to reset our cards to let us in. Once we get into our room, we noticed, the smoke detector was just dangling from the ceiling. The kitchen was not adequately equipped and we couldn't have cooked anything with no utensils, etc. Kitchen was not stocked, we had to ask for several items just to cook. Thank God we took our own paper plates, cups, paper towels, pot, pan, utensils, etc. The sink didn’t have a stopper to even wash a dish. Bed was average for comfort but the blanket had cigarette holes and stains. The stairwells have an odor that I cant even describe. To top off the end of the stay, the room had a ton on knats by the window which were in the room. My boyfriend and I had to kill a ton of them crawling on the stove, refrigerator and even on our pillow. We will not be staying here again. Big mistake.
"Comfortable and more than what paid for."
06/16/15 Jason M Wilmington, North Carolina
This property and brand go out of their way to make clientele happy. I read reviews from the people who wait last minute and complain that they smell smoke because they take a discount room late at nite. Thats not accurate of what the property is like. I stayed here for 2 weeks in may of 2015 and have no complaints. No other extended stay will deliver dishes and appliances to your room with no charge. I offer a good rating for the great service of the staff. This is not the Ritz Carlton. Its the best extended stay in the area,
"Just for Smokers"
06/14/15 Dennis V
The stench of smoke hits you in the face as you enter the lobby. I requested a non-smoking room, but they did not have any available. My room smelled so bad I did not sleep at all the first night. The room was old and run down with cigarette holes in the bed spread and the carpet. I was sick to my stomach at the thought of having to stay in this place for three nights. I have been booking through on-line discounts sites for years and this is the worst experience I've ever had. I did not see on the site where you could indicate a non-smoking room and the write-up did not indicate it was a 100% non-smoking establishment. I will have to reconsider booking a 2 star through a discount site in the future. The good news is that the staff was able to move me to a non-smoking room the following day (it smelled like a smoking room at any other hotel, but it was way-way better than what I was in). I went out and bought some odor eliminating disinfectant spray which helped a little. The "breakfast" is take-away coffee, muffins (that probably have a half life of 200 years), Granola bars, make-it-yourself oatmeal, apples and oranges. I probably wouldn't trust anything else if they put it out anyway. I heard the staff mention several times that they were starting renovations in September and then it was going to be 100% non-smoking. If your not a smoker, DO NOT book here.
"Perfect for moving transition"
04/11/15 Debra M Fort Walton Beach, Florida
My rental house won't be ready for 3 months but my job started now. Extended Stay America was there with a great efficiency at a great price. My dog is also a very welcome roommate which is so important to me. The staff has so far been very friendly and helpful. The location is awesome, walking distance to great restaurants and safe dog walking.
"cat pee smelly hotel room"
04/05/15 722jannika Herndon, Virginia
Hotel and lobby look nice, but then our hotel room smelled very badly like pee. We asked for a diff .room, but the manager said, we dirtied this room already and would not give a diff. room. We already had gotten a bad headache, had opened the windows etc., but it had not made it better. We had no choice then to leave the hotel. Bobby told us, that his manager said we should get the money back from Priceline. We then had to leave and find a new hotel, this took us some hours and by then it was dark and we were tired. we were very disappointed, I would not recommend them at all. Their fault! nasty!
"Fled in fear"
03/27/15
Stayed one night, room was dirty, transient construction workers set off fire alarms, smoked in hallways, foul language threatening each other. Staff said it was my fault I didn't notify them and tried to make me feel silly for being afraid all night long.
"Great for a short stay"
10/07/14 Amanda W Sydney, Australia
My husband and I had a great 2 night stay here. We have been on the road for the last 3 months so it was amazing to have a kitchen that we could cook our own meals in. We definitely took advantage of this. The staff were very polite and helpful, our room was clean, and the wifi worked really well. They don't clean the rooms unless you stay there for 7 nights plus, but as we were only there 2 nights it didn't bother us. The breakfast is just a take away system, but when you have your own kitchen why not cook your own breakfast. We would definitely stay in an Extended Stay America again.
"Gross place to stay. Rooms are NEVER cleaned. Rude staff."
08/05/14 Lovey070 Easley, South Carolina
My husband gas been here for work for over a month and has begged to get linens changed, clean towels and his room cleaned. After 6 weeks of begging he was finally DROPPED OFF sheets, towels and a vacuum for him to do it himself. He is stuck here for another 3 weeks. The staff does NOTHING. THEY ARE LAZY AND RUDE and when you walk by all you hear is them complaining about the customers here. If you call down to the front desk you are greeted on the phone by "What you want?!". DO NOT STAY HERE!
"No more Extended Stay"
07/15/14 Joe S Wilmington, North Carolina
This hotel is what I've come to expect from Extended Stay. Dirty, run down, smells bad, slow internet. 1) The room is barely clean, run down, cigarette burns on the sink and counter. 2) The stairwells have an odor that I cant even describe. 3) the internet is very slow. Hope you have a 4G hotspot or your screwed. This is the second Extended stay America that I've been to and they were both equally bad. I don't think I will stay at this chain anymore. If your looking for an extended stay hotel, try Candlewood Suites. Its much, much better and cleaner.