All hotels in Pleasant Hill, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here3220 Buskirk Ave, Pleasant Hill, CA, 94523, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

2.8
    2.8
    2.6
"walking distance to BART"
The staff was friendly, and the hotel was in walking distance to BART, which makes it very convenient to get into the city. Having a kitchenette was a plus. There was standard wear and tear on the rooms, (i.e- damage to the carpet) but this is an extended stay hotel, not easy to fix every damaged room right after it happens. It takes a bit to get contractors, I understand that. My biggest complaint is that the bed was hard as a rock. If you like very firm beds maybe it's be great for you. My conclusion, It was a bit over priced for the quality. There were 4 of us in two separate rooms and we both had the same comments about the bed, so unfortunately it isn't isolated to one room.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
S
"I should have believed the 2.5 star rating."
This hotel is in a nice area, but the hotel itself is not great. The clerk at the desk was kind of grumpy, and less than helpful. When we got to the room, there were problems with the plumbing. The toilet wasn,t sealed properly and rocked when you sat on it. When we called maintenance they really quickly, but told us oh well we can't fix it right now we will get to after you leave. The breakfast was "grab and go" but we didn't get any. I should have believed the 2.5 rating and stayed down the street at the Courtyard for $20.00 more.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
VJ
"close to BART"
My room was quoted as NON SMOKING. The smoke smell in my room was HORRIBLE. Additionally, the refrigerator going on at 1am sounding like it was going to explode caused me to have to get up, pull it out and unplug it. Breakfast should also NOT be advertised as it consisted of granola bars and oranges....that's NOT breakfast!
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2013
Laurie Shahin
"It was fine..."
I slept very well my one night at Extended Stay, despite the very loud refrigerator and air conditioning. I stay in a lot of hotels because I travel so much for work. This hotel was just fine. There was nothing great about it, and nothing terrible about it. It was a good price and convenient (although very difficult to find and not well marked).
1 night trip Oct 8, 2013
Jacob
"Workable motel, kitchenette and good location."
Stayed here during a long weekend pleasure trip to the Bay Area. Was first given a smoking room by mistake and had to change to a non-smoking room. The room we stayed in turned out well as it was a corner room with windows on two walls thus providing a cross breeze of fresh air. The kitchenette was very convenient for us budget travellers. Location close to shopping, freeway and subway.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
"Good location...that's about it"
Hotel was dirty...carpets stained...hallways smelled of food. Besides the fact they started tearing up the parking lot right under our window...with heavy equipment. Early!
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
"Less than expected."
While the front desk staff is very courteous and helpful, the hotel is run like a cheap motel. Complimentary "breakfast" was extremely disappointing, a piece of fruit and a cold pre-packaged muffin is not breakfast. Free wifi was available at the lowest possible rate of speed (nearly useless,) but you could purchase "upgrades" for access to higher speed.
2 night trip Sep 14, 2013
hotelguest
"Poor"
Room and hotel looked worn and needs updating. Although advertised to be nonsmoking, the room smelled like it had been previously smoked in. Because of its worn state, the cleanliness was uncertain.
1 night trip with friends Sep 10, 2013
"Vacation Back Home"
I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights while I visited family and friends during a trip home. I chose it because it was centrally located and in close proximity to all of the freeways that would take me all over Contra Costa County, the North Bay, and San Francisco. I was a little concerned that the cost of the room was nearly half the price of other comparable hotels in the area but, since I was familiar with the location already, I took a chance. I have no idea why it was so cheap. All front desk and maintenance employees I came in contact with were incredibly nice and helpful, the free grab-n-go breakfast offered a good variety of goodies, trash disposal and the laundry room were convenient. This is a "no frills" hotel meaning there is no ice machine and no daily room service. The front desk is happy to provide you with extra towels and toiletries if needed though. I would definitely stay here again!!!
6 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2013
Christina
"pleasant stay"
I book from unpublished hotel rate and it under my budget and worthy. It was showed the free breakfast but it didn't.
Response by Extended Stay America Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Avenue
Hi Vicky, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that our hotel met your budget needs. We offer great rates compared to our competitors in the area so all are guests could enjoy a comfortable, affordable, and friendly environment at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you may have missed our 'grab and go' breakfast, which is usually offered between 6 am until 9 am everyday. Please do accept my apology. I will take note of your feedback and relay to my team to provide information to all guests about our breakfast at the time of check in. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
Vicky
"stay only if you have to"
Had to wait 2 hrs for our room. Moth ball smell in the room. Bed was creeky, noisy.
Response by Extended Stay America Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Avenue
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am very sorry that your check-in was delayed and that you room had a slight odor. In response, I am reviewing our check-in procedures with the staff to ensure this is completed in a more timely fashion. As well, our maintenance staff is currently working to eliminate the odor. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Not bad, not dirty, just ok"
It was okay. That's really it. No complaints, the shower in my room stopped working after my boyfriend showered, no idea why. But they gave us a free room for it so it was fine
Response by Extended Stay America Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Avenue
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. We are sorry to hear that the shower in your room did not function properly, but I am glad to know that our staff was able to remedy the situation for you. In response to your feedback, I took your concerns to our maintenance staff and had the shower repaired. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
"Disappointed says it all"
It may have been perfect if you expected an extended stay in a shabby apartment. I've seen Home Depot display kitchens that looked more professional than these. The fact that the room didn't come with a hair dryer, shampoo or conditioner sealed its fate.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Nicola
"Bad experience"
The guest in next room started playing there boom box or TV VERY LOUD at 5:00 am . No management available only a cleaning person. she tried to knock on door but no answer. there needs to be a contact person on site to resolve these problems. Cancelled the next night and stay some where else.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
"Nice room with minor issues"
The outside corner room was great with windows facing two directions and room was close to exits and convenient to car parking areas. My room was prepared and clean. The only minor issue was a slow draining sink in the bathroom otherwise a delightful stay. The hotel is also close to a retail shopping and good restaurants yet still semi hidden for privacy.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2013
"loud"
a dog barking, a man yelling. it never ended. i ended up leaving at 2 am and going for breakfast. they don't do wake up calls because there is no night staff. that is a 1st.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
"Nice pet-friendly studio with kitchenette"
All the conveniences of home except very limited TV channels
Response by Extended Stay America Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Avenue
Stephanie - I would like to thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel. We would like you to know that your satisfaction is our key to success and would like to continue towards this path. Still, I am sorry that you found our television channel selection to be limited. As we work to improve our offerings, we will definitely keep your feedback in mind. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back again in your next visit to the area.
Other trip Jul 3, 2013
"Pet Friendly"
Great hotel with fast internet and very pet friendly! Free breakfast, Culligan water filters in room.
1 night business trip Jun 12, 2013
Marcie
Very clean and great service. The area is nice and clean I would stay here again
Response by Extended Stay America Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Avenue
Thank you very much for posting a review of our property. I am glad that you were pleased with your stay at our hotel. As well, it is great that you found your room to be clean and the service we provided to be helpful and friendly. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to the area.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Great place. Very nice hotel and staff
Response by Extended Stay America Pleasant Hill - Buskirk Avenue
I would like to thank you for your feedback. I am happy to know that your stay was pleasant and your experience with our staff was friendly. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you on your next visit.
Other trip Jun 15, 2013
"Great for business purpose"
Room was very nice, beds were not deluxe but still comfortable. Breakfast was just muffin/roll & coffee. No shampoo in bathroom, just soap. Building felt very secure & safe.
1 night business trip May 20, 2013
"No Water!"
When we tried to shower in the morning, we discovered there was no water available in the shower or the bathroom sink. Not Cool!
1 night trip May 17, 2013
"Horrible room"
I don't ever leave comments but this was the worst I have ever expereince. The room I booked was supposed to be non-smoking. The moment my wife and I entered the room you can definetly smell that the room is a smoking room. Went to front desk and the guy working the front desk states that it is due to people cooking. I was like cooked food does not smell like cigarettes. He would not accomodate another room. We had a six month child that could not stay in the room. After many compliants he finally came up and sprayed air freshner only. The blankets, comforter, and bed sheets have hair and burn marks. The front desk alleges that it is clean and hair will always be on the blankets. Good thing we brought our own sheets because those sheets were horrible. The fridge was not cleaned and had soda bottles and other food in there. You can hear the pipes and the people in the other room. Overall experience is not a pleasant stay...
1 night family trip May 18, 2013
tsw
"Convenient location"
I had expected to stay with a friend during a 40 day stay in the Walnut Creek area but since she became ill I was forced to stay in a hotel. I had seen the Extended Stay America hotel before and so decided to stay part of the time at the Pleasant Hill location when not visiting out of town friends. I found the hotel to be quite comfortable because of the kitchen, two tables with good lamps, free wifi and a good sized tv. The location was the main plus since it was close to the homes of friends, favorite businesses, my storage space and a BART station. Though I had no pets with me, I appreciate the fact that it is a pet friendly hotel. Despite being near a freeway, it was quiet at night and the security measures seemed quite good. Additionally, an Office Depot is a few steps away, as well as restaurants and a gas station.
9 night family trip Apr 15, 2013
Pat
"Price doesn't equal amenities"
This hotel was completely bare bones. With all the advertising that they've done, we really expected more. We've stayed in other long stay hotels recently, and this one definitely ranks at the very bottom. Their "grab &go" breakfast is nothing more than small plastic wrapped muffins that they put away promptly at 9:00 every morning. Our room had a blanket with holes in it, smoke alarm dangling from the ceiling, a non-working alarm clock and a lamp that was out. Avoid this hotel if you can help it!
4 night trip Apr 8, 2013
Patti
The people were nice, but overall stay was VERY disappointing. Booked non-smoking and recv'd smoking room that STUNK! The room was clean but absolutely disgusting smell. No other rooms available. No iron in room, went to front desk to requested one. Found out it did not work and second one was requested. No soap and shampoo in room, another trip to front desk. No hairdryer in room right before jumping in shower. Get dressed again and another trip to front desk. People were ok, but will not stay here again as the cost of staying was over $100 and definitely NOT WORTH spending. My clothes still stunk of the room two days later...GROSS!
1 night business trip Apr 3, 2013
business traveler
"I'll never stay here again."
I would never stay here again. Plumbing problems from the moment we arrived. Furniture in room broken, stained lampshades, one plate in kitchenette, no ice machine. The people were fine but the place is a mess.
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2013
"The Real Extended Stay Experience"
We originally booked this room because of the in room kitchenette and that it was "Newley Renovated". I travelled with our family which included 2 little children. When we arrived at the hotel late at night we were given room keys that did not work. When the front desk person opened the door the room had not been cleaned yet. They moved us to another room on the same floor all the way on the opposite side of the hotel. At this point I honestly don't care as mistakes happen. We get in the room and it feels dirty. The linens have brown stains the room smells old and for $115/night on a weekday I honestly felt it could have been better. We felt so uncomfortable that I woke up at 4:30 AM and booked another hotel as we planned to stay for 2 more nights. We moved to the Hilton Hotel in Concord for $4 more. There was no kitchen but the service and cleanliness was way better. My advice is to steer clear of this place until they improve greatly. A recommendation to the hotel is to also paint over that ugly green wall it looks like a dirty cave.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2013
AML
"Gross"
Unfortunately my room was not cleaned well. The beds had a gross amount of hair on and in it. Don't know if the cleaning staff just didn't clean the sheets, but all I can say is gross. Also, don't bother for asking for an extra hour prior to check out time, they'll say it's ok, but then send multiple people in the morning to kick you out.
1 night trip Feb 12, 2013
"Bad experience!!"
Was told checking in that room had had a recent leak - they said it was fixed. Went to room and discovered it had a moldy/mildew smell and asked to change rooms. Was told no other rooms were available in my category. Returned to my room, took my shoes off, only to discover that the carpet was wet! Totally gross. Only 2 thin pillows for the bed. Room was on a noisy hall next to the office and constant traffic day and night. Checked out next day. I won't stay there again. I did receive a refund for the rest of my stay from Hotels.com and used it to check into another hotel.
8 night trip Jan 28, 2013
Won't stay there again
It was nice hotel. When we come to San Francisco, we want to stay there again.
Other trip Jan 23, 2013
"Annabelle was AMAZING"
When I first got there she greeted me with a smile and very nice. She made it a quick check in but also let me know all the occomidations of the hotel. Very good visit thanks to her:)
1 night business trip Jan 9, 2013
Adrienne
Our stay was ok the room wasn't stocked with the correct amount of dishware also it need to be made clear that unless your staying a week you will not get maid service. That's not good for us with two rooms and four kids
3 night trip Nov 22, 2012
"Overall, pretty good."
I enjoyed my stay at Extended Stay on Buskirk Ave. The staff were friendly, and the room was comfortable. The mattress was a little too firm, but it wasn't bad enough to keep me awake or anything like that. The continental breakfast wasn't astounding, but all things considered, I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Oct 27, 2012
"Family friendly, but not family centric"
The staff was friendly and kind, but the housekeeping staff is terrible. Our room had a strong odor which didn't go away even after leaving the windows open all day, there was a 3-4 inch diameter mess on top of the freezer door, and the caulk in the bathtub shows signs of mold. Even the elevator button in the lobby had a busted up trim. Because we were only staying 3 nights, there was no housekeeping services provided--which meant we had to clean up ourselves or live with it. Fortunately, was able to borrow a vacuum to clean up the spilt (fortunately dry) oatmeal from the "grab and go" breakfast (a real cheap version of a continental breakfast). Would NOT recommend this hotel for a family vacation. Housekeeping is provided only once every 7 days. Not a good thing for a family with children.
3 night family trip Oct 13, 2012
it would have been nice if i wasn't on a floor where you can hear people running up and down the hall way and knocking very hard on other people doors, and laughing and talking loud in the hallway
1 night romance trip Sep 2, 2012
"Decent but not very comfortable"
The room was clean and decent. The staffs were kind. However, there was a dog in another room, and it barked at night. I could hear sounds (People talking or walking) from the other rooms.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2012
"Acceptable"
Overall, it's not bad, as long as you know what you're getting. The tub didn't drain really well and it took 5 minutes to get hot water. When I lifted the kitchen faucet lever, the entire faucet lifted up. Overall, it was fine.
Other trip Aug 23, 2012
butterscotch
"After a night at the Concord Pavillion"
After watching some of tne hotel shows, we have seeen what to look for from walking into the hotel, to the staff and service. This stay was a respite from a good loud concert at the Pavillion. It saved me a loong loong dri e that night in a very clean ,comfortable and safe place.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2012
Kevin W
"remember to ask if the hotel provides......."
I'm glad I brought my own shampoo and conditioner and lotion, the room did not have any of these things in it. Breakfast was mis-leading also, it should have said continental breakfast. I was looking for a full breakfast.
Other trip Jul 30, 2012
"Ok if convenient to your purpose"
Tough when no hair dryer, shampoo, or any other convenient supply in the room. Only supplied if requested and providing you go to front desk to retrieve. They should have mentioned it at check in.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2012
Trish
"Just rememeber its the location your paying for..."
I enjoy extended stay but I the management here at this hotel has a huge turn around rate and cannot handle stress. The employees under the management handle themselves better and the operations of the hotel lacks detail and timeliness. Great internet service though (free) and (pay). Has new tv's and most rooms have comfortable beds.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2012
extStyRview
It's not good...
2 night trip Jul 6, 2012
"DISAPPOINTING STAY"
DISAPPOINTING. BEDS TO SMALL FOR 2 PEOPLE. CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST WAS A JOKE NOT MUCH TO OFFER, NO PLACE TO SIT DOWN AND ENJOY, HAD TO TAKE WHAT THEY DID OFFER TO THE ROOM. HAD TO ASK THE FRONT DESK FOR A HAIR DRYER. THE ROOM AND HALL WAY SMELLED. THE VIEW FROM OUR WINDOW ALL YOU COULD SEE WAS THE ROOF OF THE LOBBY.
Other trip Jul 10, 2012
"Horrible stay and not going back"
Hotel smelt like dirty animals, throw up and smoke. My air conditioner was suppose to be fixed during my stay and never was. Didn't get clean sheets or towels each day. I would not recommend this hotel to any one.
Other trip Jun 30, 2012

"MUY COMPLETO AUNQUE RETIRADO"
EL UNICO PROBLEMA ES QUE QUEDA RETIRADO DEL AEROPUERTO Y ALGUNAS ESTACIONES DE INTERES COMO EMBARCADERO, PERO ES UN HOTEL SUPER COMPLETO....ME ENCANTO EL SERVICIO, LA LIMPIEZA, LA COMODIDAD Y ASEO.....LA GENTE ES MUY GENTIL LAS CAMARERAS SON MUY AMABLES Y HABALN ESPAÑOL....SE ESMERAN POR ATENDER MUY BIEN A LOS HUESPEDES
2 night trip Sep 17, 2014
VIVIANA
CO
Hôtel bien tenu, chambre propre. à 35 minutes de san Francisco et a quelques minutes d un grand centre commercial. Côté négatif: petit déjeuner pas terrible (café et muffins) mais il a le mérite d exister.
1 night romance trip Jun 15, 2013