All hotels in Huntington Beach, California, United States of America
5050 Skylab Rd, Huntington Beach, CA, 92647, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

Service is adequate
    Breakfast is average
    Room is not nice
    Food is not good
    Bad pool
"Horrible"
Bed is dirty . Wifi is super slow. staff put us to the wrong room that have somone sleeping
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2016
Natlada
"Decent and clean"
Room was clean and bed was good. A bit old but everything worked. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a "not really".overall a good value for the money.
3 night family trip Dec 23, 2015
Room was across from stairs so every tenent the passed through we could hear the door open and close. Everytime.
6 night family trip Dec 23, 2015
Adam
Bab service
3 night business trip Oct 16, 2015
Alejandro
"Just ok"
When I arrived, no one was at front desk. Waited about 10 mins before someone showed up to check me in. While I was waiting, I used the lobby restroom. It was apparent that it needed a total deep clean. Toilet was gross, trash on the floor, counter and mirrors needed wipe down. The room itself was adequate but wasn't cleaned thoroughly. Found hairs everywhere, there were price tags from previous guests in bathroom. The facility doesn't have an ice machine, which was inconvenient.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"Two days"
Ok for a couple of days. Was able to bring the dogs due to having house tented.
2 night family trip Oct 8, 2015
"Horrible"
Fleas in bed...staff could care less!! No room change, no apologies! Spend the extra money and stay anywhere but there.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
"What you see is what you get"
Staff was great, facilities well-maintained but spartan and bare-bones but that's what they do. Only issue was that the carpet in the room was FILTHY. I left tracks in the shower from my feet having gone barefoot on the carpet. Wore sandals the rest of the time in the room.
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Huntington Beach
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate your kind comments about our staff; however, please accept our apologies for the cleanliness issues you experienced. To uphold our company’s high standards, I will be reviewing our cleaning and room inspection procedures with our staff. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 night romance trip Sep 29, 2015
"Overnighter"
When we first checked in the room we were given hadn't been cleaning by housekeeping. We had to go get another room. The second room was clean and comfortable. We just stayed overnight so I can't speak to this hotel meeting your needs for a long term stay. It does come with a kitchen but be sure to ask for dishes or coffee maker for the room if you need one. The grab and go breakfast is pretty weak. Plan on getting something to eat elsewhere. For our overnighter this hotel served our needs so it was ok.
1 night business trip Sep 21, 2015
Wendy
"Saturday Nights Fight"
We stayed 3 nights first two were quite then on Saturday night a fight broke out above us that last hours and we didn't get to sleep until about 4:30am. Our 5 year old grandson was frightned. They have offered to give us a certificate for a free night to make up for our issue. We had tickets to visit Disney the next day and it was a waste because we were so tired we only stayed a couple hours. Bed was very lumpy.
3 night family trip Sep 17, 2015
Alice
"You get what you pay for"
First off, the staff there is great - but the accommodations were less than stellar. We had bugs (varying from a roach at the initial check-in to ants crawling all over, including our children's bed. We asked to move - that room was set for 86 degrees - it was so hot. More bugs sighted there to. Front desk was understanding and put through a full refund.
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
rummey
Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The only issue I had was the funny smell in the 3rd floor hallway and it was warm and "stuffy". The AC unit at the end of the hallway was turned off so I turned it on myself and that took care of the problem. The room was great, very clean. The grounds were very well kept, including the dog area.
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Huntington Beach
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for your recent stay. We appreciate you letting us know about the cleanliness issues you experienced. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that you had a positive stay overall. I truly appreciate your comments about our friendly staff and comfortable rooms. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
1 night romance trip Sep 6, 2015
Megan
"Good for the price."
Checked in late and girl at counter not friendly. Morning girl was a little more pleasant.
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Huntington Beach
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please accept our apologies for the service issues you experienced. Still, I am glad to read that you had a positive stay overall and found our hotel to be a good value. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
"SPIDER INFESTED"
All of the trees outside had big spiders hanging from them. There was a bat above the entrance door. The hallways had a funny smell and there were a lot of dogs there. Only had coffee in the mornings, had to ask for a coffee maker. Not the best hotel, wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
"Stark View"
The view from the window was that of the Boeing Facility's production building and parking lot. Maybe a few trees could be planted.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
Sam
"Nice home away from home, close to mall, restauran"
I took my family to stay as close to a home for my granddaughter's softball tournament which would taken up to a week. I had pre-made some meals to enjoy at home aka hotel, so the kitchen was heaven(thought we thought all utensils would all be present but had to go to Target for supplies.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Lupe
"Never again."
4 night stay for vacation. No Pool, No Room Service, Complimentary breakfast was pre-packaged muffins and old apples.
4 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Every thing was good but customer service was not good.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Ishtaq
Every thing was good. Customer service was not good
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Ishtaq
"Nice hotel for the price"
I booked the room the same day for a great price and it was clean and close to the Naval base. Staff is very friendly and accommodating.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Mel
"Filthy!!!"
The room was filthy when we arrived only to find out that there would be non housekeeping services until after our departure. The latches on the windows were broken and a strong odor of urine surrounded the property.
3 night business trip Jul 22, 2015
"Clean and comfortable hotel."
Business trip. Hotel well located near commercial district, good highway and airport access.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
"Good, pricey stay!"
Regular Extended Stay fare. This place would have received all 5 points had I not been reminded so many times that the rooms were non-smoking and threatened with all sorts of penalties if rule is violated. Some customer service etiquette would go a long way for the lady I met at the front desk.
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Huntington Beach
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I want to apologize for the constant reminder of our smoking policy. We do ask for an initial at check-in, letting you know about the penalties, but that should be the only time that they should have mentioned that to you. I am very sorry that our front desk was rude and did not provide you with the service you expect and deserve. I will be using this survey as a coaching opportunity for my whole staff. Thank you for providing a review of your stay. We hope we get the opportunity to serve you again.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2015
Enjoyed our stay, one morning tho, breakfast was put away before the time it ended. Had to go to a local place to eat.
4 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
"Not bad"
Staff was very helpful and kind. Further away from the dog beach but that was my fault.
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Huntington Beach
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your most recent stay. I’m so glad to read that you had a pleasant experience and enjoyed our friendly customer service. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
2 night trip Jul 6, 2015
"Nice place but could be better"
The rooms look newly renovated and very clean. Check in was fast and easy. Going down the hall to our room, we noticed a bunch of plastic bags with dishes in them, one had a toaster, sitting outside a few of the rooms. We found our room and there was a bag outside of it also. It had dishes and a strainer inside. I can only assume they were dropped off after the rooms were cleaned and never put away properly? Not sure, we just left the bag in the hall with all the others. Later we had trouble with one of the room keys not working. After talking to the person at the front desk, we figured out it was because I put the key in the same pocket as my cel phone and that somehow erased the key. Then the tv would not turn on. Turns out the power cord had come loose on the back of the tv. Pushed it back in and the tv worked. Small problems, but its little things like this that can effect someones stay. My girlfriend noticed some people appear to be living there. Normally I wouldn't think twice about this, but it would be very expensive to live there for an average person and these peoole did not look like the type that could afford $3k a month rent. Read a news story a few years ago about the parole office housing people here. I hope this is not still the case.
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Huntington Beach
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. In response to your feedback, we will use your comments to better coach our staff on making sure we are paying attention to detail. Still, I am glad to read that you had a positive stay overall. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
Minimal customer service. Our room smelled like stale urine. We had someone reclean the bathroom....but it still smelled
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
kelly
"Great for families. Great location."
Our family visited Huntington Beach. Your hotel was a great location. It had the amenities we needed that fit within our budget. Your staff were friendly and helpful. The only downside was 2 days into our stay, one of our rooms started to get these small black flies. We couldn't find what was bringing them into our room until we looked under the sink and found a trash can full of OLD trash, that was NOT ours, we don't know how long it had been there, that was now breeding flies. It was such a small thing that turned out to be a real pain, as the flies were very pesky and a nuisance when trying to sleep. Even though that happened I would definitely stay there again because everything else about the hotel and our rooms was great!
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"Hotel is very close to Seal Beach area"
Hotel is located around Seal Beach area which I was visiting with friends. Pricing point is reasonable considering other hotels in the area. The in room kitchen did not have any utensils! No dishes, pots, pans, etc. Maybe this was an oversight on my part when I booked the room but there was no indication that there would be an additional charge for this during the booking process. Housekeeping is an additional charge but fresh linens are available at the front desk. Thankfully I didn't need the kitchen supplies since I was busy most of the time.
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Huntington Beach
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. Please accept our apologies for the miscommunication concerning our dishware policy. While we no longer keep dishes in guest rooms, these items are available upon request at the front desk for no additional fee. In response to your feedback, we will be making sure we are accurately communicating our amenities to guests during check-in. Still, I am glad to hear that we were able to provide you with a convenient location and a comfortable stay overall. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to the area.
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
"Very nice"
Nice, helpful staff. Checked us in early which was a big help. Clean room, comfortable beds, quiet. Only suggestion is to wash the windows!
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Huntington Beach
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that our windows could have been cleaner. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to hear that you had a great stay overall. We are so pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate your request for an early check-in. I truly appreciate your comments concerning our friendly staff and clean and comfortable rooms. Thank you again for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
2 night family trip Jun 14, 2015
Cynthia
"2nd time and we'll be back"
2nd time we've stayed here. Quiet safe place, good rate, fairly close to the beach we frequent. Dog friendly. A/c units in room FYI, but don't bother us as long as they work :)
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Huntington Beach
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your needs with a comfortable stay at a reasonable rate. I’m so glad you enjoyed our pet friendly policy as well. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
2 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Jay
"Okay"
I was a little disappointed they didn't have a real breakfast, pool, or weight room.
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Huntington Beach
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our amenities. In response to your feedback, we will pass along your comments to our corporate office regarding our grab-and-go breakfast. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to the area.
4 night romance trip Jun 3, 2015
Brooke
I thought it was OK. I did not like the location.
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Huntington Beach
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize that our location was not to your satisfaction. Still, I am glad to read that we were able to provide you with a satisfactory stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
"What a waste"
Disappointed..breakfast was apples muffins and instant oatmeal. Tub was back up. Bed had crumbs in it. You could hear everything going on around you. The entire hotel smelled of smoke.
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Huntington Beach
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your stay. I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations and that you had maintenance and cleanliness issues during your stay. In response to your feedback, we will take your comments and use them to coach our staff to make sure we are explaining our amenities at check-in. Additionally, we will work to ensure that we inspect our rooms more thoroughly. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Disgusting"
This hotel was a nightmare. We booked around 10:30PM because our flights to LAX changed, and it was the only hotel that was affordable and seemed safe. We got there around 11:15pm to see a note that the hotel staff was gone after 11:00pm. The receptionist was still around so she greeted us and told us that they were sold out. After several very frustrating phone calls to Expedia, we were in our room around 1:30am. Once we got to the room, there were lovely "mystery stains" on the carpet, the desk chairs, the counter tops, and in the bathroom. The floor in the bathroom had small wood shavings. The late night staff was rude. We found a bag of dog treats in the room, and after finding this disgusting room we decided they would be more appetizing than the hotel breakfast. After leaving, we both decided to shower at our next hotel.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Billy
"Outside is More Attractive and Better Maintained!"
The Hotel Staff was great..professional, friendly and very responsive. The interior of the property is very disappointing...it was not well maintained and had an unpleasant odor. My room was functional but the appliances were dirty and not clean...most likely from the previous guest. The walls are extremely thin and I had to contact the front desk to have them address the loud noices and fighting from the quests across the hall..The location is convenient but I think that the property could use some upgrades and attention to the interior. I had a good rate that I booked through Expedia but there is NO WAY that I would even consider paying the published room rate that is displayed on the door. I would like to reiterate though that the hotel staff at the front desk represented the property quite well.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Terri
"Baseball mom"
My boys played baseball and needed to ice their arms when we got in from our games and dinner at 10pm. I did not know the hotel did not have an ice machine. I also have never heard of one not having an ice machine. Other than that loved the hotel. Loved the kitchenette! Thx!
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
Tammie
"Great if you have a pet."
Front desk people were great. Rooms were good and mostly clean. There was a group of sketchy looking guys that would hang out at the side entrance every evening and chain smoke cigarets and urinate in the bushes.
2 night trip Apr 26, 2015
Marc
"Costruction! Breakfast?"
Should ask if sleeping in and then locate away from construction. Snacks are not breakfast. Barely continental.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
"Hotel lacks in hospitality for guests"
We checked in and there was a smell in our room of humidity that lasted 2 days till I went to buy airfreshner for the room. The beds are too small and very uncomfortable the blankets are horrible. We had 2 adults and 2 kids in the room and they would only give us 2 large towels at a time. Waste of money and hotel stay.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
Lorena
We had a good visit. It was fairly quiet, very clean and the staff was friendly.
"Close to the beach and shopping center"
Overall was a great experience it was close to the beach
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
"Gross and run down"
This place was dirty and smelly. The refrigerator was all dirty and banged up. Felt like I was at a motel 6. It is a gross place. Won't stay here again. The only good thing was the front desk they were nice.
1 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
JANE
"Reasonable price for Orange Cty & quiet."
I have stayed at this hotel about every 8 wks. for the last 3 yrs. I have seen an improvement in the housekeeping, and this is the first time in the last yr. or so that I didn't have to go to the desk for more toilet paper because there was not a spare roll in the room. When I first started staying here the rooms were equipped with dishes and other kitchen items. I miss that, cause now I bring what I need on my own, so I don't have to coordinate for these items when I check in. The only complaint now is that there is never any ice in the fridge when I arrive, and no ice machine is located on the premises. So my first drink after an 8 hr. drive has to be without ice, until I can get ice made in the room. The staff, however, is always very friendly and work hard to be accommodating.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
MB
"Not next time/again"
just not what expected. Stayed in other extended stays and rooms were more inviting, supplies in room . We had to ask for everything... Even silverware. Cleanliness so so. The best part was your staff but still didn't compensate for other issues
2 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
The room is a good deal and the kitchen is a bonus. Breakfast is pastries, oatmeal, granola bars, fruit, coffee, tea. The staff was very accommodating when we asked to move rooms because of somebody who was loud next to us. Just for reference there is nothing in walking distance but there are shopping centers and places to go within 2 miles of the hotel. So FYI for those who are interested the beds are very firm. It was too firm for us but some people love that.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Janine
"Disappointing, Could have been better."
Disappointing, Could have gotten a lot more elsewhere for a little more cost. The hotel looked nice from outside and location was OK but the interior was tattered, the lobby is very small, they serve the free breakfast which is coffee, a few packaged muffins, oatmeal in packets, and cereal bars in the closet sized lobby. The room had seen better days, there was only one plastic glass in the bathroom, no utensils or any other cooking item in room at all even though it came with a kitchenette. There was a notice that said that we could request cooking items and they would send it down but we checked in quite late so did not want to request stuff for a cup of tea as late as it was. There was no coffee maker or coffee in room. The hallway had an strange smell like an old empty stale diaper pail. The room was OK in general and smelled better than the hall but for a few more dollars we could have stayed at a much nicer place with more amenities, I think the pace is just what the name says OK for extended stay if you are looking to save money, but for one night on a weekend I found it lacking.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
BW
"One night stay."
Great staff- very service oriented. Worst breakfast! Granola bars & coffee! This should not be listed as "Free Breakfast".
Response by Extended Stay America Orange County - Huntington Beach
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for providing you with the service you expect and deserve. However, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast was not what you expected. We will take all of your comments to heart and use them to better ourselves for the future. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
"Free Breakfast? Nope!"
When searching for a hotel for this night I looked for "Free Breakfast" since we had children. The breakfast consisted of granola bars, oatmeal, coffee & hot water. NO other choices? Not even a fresh fruit basket? This "Free Breakfast" shouldn't be baited as an incentive to stay there. We wanted to hit the road home from the hotel, instead we had to stop at a restaurant to feed the kiddos. BUT...... the staff was very nice.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
Clean and adequate. You have to request kitchen suppiles, slow delivery.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015