All hotels in Ararat, Victoria, Australia
You can collect® Rewards nights here
Western Highway 79 Lambert Street, Ararat, VIC, 3377, Australia, ‏‎855-239-9479

The following English reviews were posted by guests from other countries:

"better than it looks - a good place to stay"
It looked pretty down at heel when we booked in but the room was quite good and the service terrific + the chinese restaurant which was part of the hotel delivered a good dinner to our room. Would definitely stay there again - a pleasant surprise
Genuine guest review
3 night trip Oct 22, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Econo Lodge Statesman Ararat

"Weekend away"
10/04/15 Magan J Narre Warren, Australia
Beds were comfortable but the place was just a bit run down and the bathroom was quite dirty. When we arrived there was nobody at reception and another family had been waiting for over an hour. There was bags of rubbish scattered outside some of the rooms, clearly they had not finished cleaning before check in time. Was good distance to all things we needed to do in town. Wifi was not a strong connection, kept cutting out.
"Quite ok but ......"
10/04/15 CoolMum64 Mount Gambier
The rooms here are quite ok, being neatly set up and decorated without being outstanding. There is an odd arrangement where the bathroom sink is located near the front door outside the actual bath-room which is not usual. Bed comfort was acceptable, neither too soft nor too firm. There is traffic noise all night from the road which is a major highway between Adelaide and Melbourne. If you are a light sleeper or bothered by traffic noise I would not recommend you stay here. The owners try to be helpful but somehow end up being awkward. Don't bother with the attached Chinese restaurant....just don't bother. It's unclear whether breakfast is offered here as I wasn't offered any arrangements for it which is a bit poor. This place was ok for an overnight stay but I probably wouldn't go back.
"Good for an overnight stay"
09/27/15 Jennifer H Adelaide, Australia
As we booked the last available room, it was quite small. But it was clean and comfortable, with all facilities including a microwave. Towels were soft and fluffy and the bathroom was very modern. The bed was comfortable and, apart from a late night train and an early morning train, the road noise was minimal.
"Clean, Bright and Cheap"
09/08/15 JulieJohnIzzy Melbourne, Australia
We family of three stayed here for a night over winter. While the outside of the motel looks a bit shabby (cracked ashphalt, old building), our room was bright and clean with plenty of space. The bench running along the length of one wall is very handy. The shower over the bath was a bit awkward but the water was hot and strong. The complimentary bottled water and free wi-fi are nice touches and the information compendium is well set out and informative. Our double bed was a bit soft but then our preference is for a firmer bed. Check in and check out were swift and friendly.
"Ararat Stopover"
08/24/15 Hazmatau2015 Melbourne, Australia
A pleasant surprise after a big (and freezing cold) day, lovely bright and clean room with plenty of warmth, very reasonable rates and a Chinese restaurant attached, which was a huge win, a little bit of traffic noise but that didn't bother me...
"With right expectation: nice accommodation"
07/08/15 Tom S Bangkok, Thailand
Typical highway motel which provides the necessary for a comfortable night. It's really cold outside (below 10) and the room was a freezer when we arrived. We put on the slightly noisy wall heater plus the extra floor heater, then left for shopping at Target at Woolworths. Upon our return, the small room was perfectly warm. We had an extra bed for our teenage daughter. We found out that showers should be quick to reserve some hot water for the third person. With the terrace and playground for kids, I can imagine the place look a lot different in warmer months.
"Excellent accomodation but the restaurant can be trying."
06/10/15 JustTravelAnywhere Melbourne, Australia
The accommodation is very clean, recently renovated/updated with excellent bedding, The air con/heating worked well and was reasonably quiet. The hotel is on the highway but minimal noise can be heard inside the rooms. The attached chinese restaurant had great food but the arguing from the kitchen was very audible and one of the "senior" staff who looked like she was dressed for the snow was extremely intimidating to both staff and patrons. This seemed to create confusion with orders. The young waitress we had was very obliging.
"Clean and cozy but noisy from the highway"
05/11/15 ksquillari
Great room, very happy with the service and state of our room. Only downside was the highway right out the front and the train tracks carrying freight trains in the early hours can be a bit noisy. Take some ear buds if you are a light sleeper! Would stay here again though.
"Comfortable night"
04/19/15 PetrolPete Melbourne
In the end all you need is a comfy bed, a clean room with a bit of space. This place ticked those boxes. There was some noise from the road and we heard one freight train early in the evening but this was not unbearable and our night was not disturbed. The restaurant (Chinese) was closed on the Sunday night but they offered a meal to our room if we wanted it. We are happy to recommend this budget motel.
"Clean, comfortable, pleasant - great value"
03/13/15 Mandy B Greater Adelaide, Australia
We stopped here on the way home to Adelaide. Arrived late, not knowing what to expect as we'd just spent a night in a horror place on the edge of Melb couple of nights earlier. It was lovely. Perfect motel for a drive through stopover. Actually, I'd have no hesitation staying longer as we thought Ararat very pretty when we passed in daylight on our 'way over'. In the morning when I went to return the key and could see the grounds (daylight) I was very impressed with the landscaping and care of the facilities. Same as the room ... Very tidy, clean and impeccably maintained. If you have children (we don't) I'm sure they'd love the beautiful playground which I appreciated as it was very attractive with lovely plants around it. I was also impressed to discover the front window of our room was a sliding patio door that opened to a terrace. There was a little patio table out there with lovely mottled sunlight -- great place to eat breakfast and watch the cars passing on the highway, wondering what adventure they might be on ... Well of course I'd think that ... I myself being on a holiday and I really had that feeling at this lovely motel. Excellent value. A truly Australian 'country town' hotel that I remember as a kid -- kind of retro 70s-- but its as you'd expect for 2015 ... Well appointed, updated and cared for. A hidden gem ... Much, much better than expected if you took on road-side appeal only. Once you enter, you'll notice how charming it is.
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews