All hotels in Narrabundah, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
55 Jerrabomberra Avenue, Narrabundah, ACT, 2604, Australia, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Perfect Position"
This hotel was in a perfect position for what we needed. A 5 minute drive to all the main attractions in Canberra. The staff where friendly & able to help when needed with no hesitation.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"Nice quiet hotel & easy access to most of Canberra"
Always quiet here, easy access to most of Canberra. Club next door if you can't be bother driving for dinner. Didn't eat in the Motel restaurant so can't comment. Have stayed here a few times and always good. Standard room this time, still good just a bit roomier in the Executive and fittings a bit newer.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
Di
Good value for money with free wifi (albeit a little slow) and free parking. Fruit and sweets also available for guests at the front desk. German club is next door if you want a schnitzel and beer. Very friendly and helpful staff.
2 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
Gordon
SG
"Better than most"
Much better than the average for this class of Motel. Rooms refurbished to a good standard. Staff helpful and friendly. Price below rack price due early internet booking.
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
"Average"
Noisy, our room fronted a major road. I booked this hotel as a mystery hotel in Kingston, which is some distance away.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Very comfortable palce to stay!"
Stayed for 4 nights for our latest trip. Nice people at reception. Pros - clean, plenty of parking, close to everything - providing you have a car, free wi fi was mostly fast and reliable, convenient restaurant for dinner and breakfast, and friendly staff. Cons - the internet was reliable but it also failed on our 2nd night there, kept having to ask for extra towels, and the bed is a little too soft for my liking (this is a personal preference). Overall this Best Western is one of the best ones I have ever stayed at.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Joyce
"Comfy rooms"
Ideal for my business trip
1 night business trip Oct 28, 2014
"Quiet location"
Nice location approximately 10 minutes from Central Canberra.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Darrin
"Convenient to many services"
Very convenient to many shopping precints, the city and restaurants. Professional, friendly staff and very quiet.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2014
"Very comfortable hotel for a short stay"
Nice little hotel specially when you are able to get a discount. Its a bit further out of the city center, so if you have a car, that's no dramas at all! Canberra is very easy to park... Small but very comfortable room, great hot shower and very, but very comfortable bed!
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
"Relaxing environment"
Very comfortable rooms and spacious. Hotel staff very professional and this is in a good location to a number of facilities in Canberra.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
"Decent, inexpensive hotel room."
Stayed for three nights. Staff was very welcoming. Room was clean with very comfortable beds. No bath in my room; only a shower. The room could use more entertainment options and a larger TV. Free, reliable Wi-Fi but it is quite slow. Located minutes from Manuka and Kingston which offer plenty of eating and entertainment options. Not far from the centre of Canberra. Overall quite good.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
No fuss, comfortable stay
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Awesome!"
Wonderful place to stay! Will be back!
1 night trip Oct 13, 2014
"Good for a Budget Hotel"
Disappointed in staff... We got to the breakfast around 09:15 am and the staff there started pulling faces. There were 2 ladies and they behaved as if it was a sin to be there at 09:15 am.... even though the breakfast was open till 10:00 am. They were very negative in responding to our requests. When we left the Hotel, I had left my shirt in the room in error. I call up the hotel and the lady at reception took my number and told me that she would call me back. I called the hotel next day and she was not there and they said that she would call me back. One week gone and no one has called me at all. Disappointing over all. The male staff at the reception was very polite and welcoming. He was one big bonus to the Hotel...
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Robby
"Decent hotel"
Nice clean rooms, good service. Convenient location to multiple places.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Thanks for sharing your feedback, Ravi. We are pleased that you found us a great value, convenient location to base your stay in Canberra.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Ravi
"Good valued and clean"
The service is the best. Free Wifi and car parking. Room is nice and clean. Even hotel's outside looks a bit old, but it was surprised us when see inside the room. Location is a bit far from CBD, but anyway it won't bother you if you got an own car. Overall is excellent and good valued to stay in Canberra!
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi there, thanks for sharing your review. We are glad you exceeded your expectations and hope to see you back soon. Warm regards, Ryan Deebank - Sales & Marketing Manager
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2014
"All the Conveniences Required"
I only stayed a couple of nights for business. The hotel had all the conveniences I needed for my stay.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi Margaret, I'm pleased that we met your needs during your recent visit. We work hard to make sure that we fit the bill for our business travellers, providing a reliable, consistent and comfortable hotel. Warm regards, Ryan Deebank - Sales & Marketing Manager
2 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
Margaret
"Access to Canberra Floriade"
We arrived around 11am, saturday 4 October. We knew that check-in is at 2 pm. However, the Reception staff (Raelene) informed me that our 'room is available'. That's great! Room 248 has 2 beds: a queen and a single, a large flat-screened tv, an aircon, a bar fridge, a toilet and bath, flat iron and board, kettle for coffee and tea. Our room, although facing the main street, is shielded from traffic noise by a ceiling-to-floor curtain. After a short rest we left for the Floriade but had to leave that for the next morning after we encountered a problem: no place to park! Anyway, we instead went to the Australian War Memorial. We enjoyed the experience. We dined at the Hotel's restaurant. The food was very good. (Thank you, Ali, for looking after us!). The other Reception staff (they go by shift) I wish to say thanks!: Sueann and Joe. On the next day, sorry to say, we had to checkout following a sumptuous buffet breakfast at the Hotel's restaurant. And, of course, we went to the Floriade as planned. As early birds, there were lots of parking spaces to fill. For two solid hours, we've been taking photos of, really, beautiful flowers on display as well as we, your Canberra visitors, being part of the shoots. Thank you, Best Western for giving us a comfortable and restful night.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi Aldo, thanks for your review of your stay. We are very pleased that you had such a wonderful time in Canberra. We are blessed with an amazing team here and we will pass on your kind words to Ali, Joe, Raylene and Sueann. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Ryan Deebank - Sales & Marketing Manager
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
Aldo
"Good value hotel in the suburbs"
I stayed at the Best Western on a work trip and found the hotel very easily. It is about 10 - 15 minutes out of town but with a car and travelling around this was no issue for me. If you didnt have a car I would recommended somewhere closer to the CBD as there are no shops close by or restaurants. Staff were friendly and helpful. My air conditioning wasnt working and they promptly offered to look at it and got it sorted. I didnt eat at the hotel and was just there for one night. The car park was quite full but there seemed to be enough for everyone. The actual hotel doesnt look great on the outside, but once inside the room was modern, clean and looked after.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi Jasmine, thanks for sharing your comments here with other travellers. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that we met your needs. Warm regards, Ryan Deebank - Sales & Marketing Manager
Other trip Sep 13, 2014
Jasmine
"convenient to Southern canberra"
this is a most convenient location for access to my family but also to the amazing array of restaurants/ cafes in the Manuka /Kingston area.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Dear Valerie, There are some amazing dining spots within a few minutes drive of our hotel (including our very own restaurant, of course!) If you are ever after some tips to try something a little different, our Front Desk team area always on hand with suggestions. Warm regards, Ryan Deebank - Sales & Marketing Manager
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
valerie
"Great Service"
Our stay was great. Got lost and could not find the hotel in the dark. I called and a staff member kindly stayed on the phone, giving me directions until we reached the hotel. We were very happy with our room.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Thanks for your review, Suzanne. I'm pleased to read that our staff looked after you during your stay. Warm regards, Ryan Deebank - Sales & Marketing Manager
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
"Very comfortable place to stay"
Quick registration on arrival, very friendly staff and late check out ! Overall, highly recommended.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi Hanna, thanks for sharing your comments. I'm pleased to see that our team were efficient and friendly during your stay. Warm Regards, Ryan Deebank - Sales & Marketing Manager
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Hanna
"Nice clean hotel"
We had a nice two day stay heading back from Melbourne. Woden shops just down the highway and the Golf club opposite doesn't appear to much but had the best pub food there I have eaten.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi there, thanks for your review. Westfield Woden is a bit of a shopping hotspot here in Canberra - very convenient for a little retail therapy! We hope to see you back next time you are in Canberra. Warm regards, Ryan Deebank - Sales & Marketing Manager
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"Good snow visit stopover."
Late arrival. Helpful staff. Good place to bed down.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi Anonymous, thanks for sharing your thoughts. We will pass your comments on to our staff and I thank you for taking the time to recognise their efforts. Best wishes, Ryan Deebank - Sales & Marketing Manager
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"everything great"
As soon as you enter you can tell it is a good place to stay. All very clean and service always pleasant. Easy to move around the streets to get to shops but negotiating those roundabouts take a gps!!!!
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi PJ, I'm glad you had the chance to experience Canberra's wonderful roundabouts - we like to consider it a free tourist attraction - something between a merry-go-round and a haunted house! Thanks so much for your review; we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Cheers, Ryan Deebank - Sales & Marketing Manager
3 night family trip Aug 21, 2014
pj
"No Free WiFi ------Big Disappointment"
The hotel staff advised that the password but it didn't work at all. Hotel needs to fix all this important facility, which is listed when we booked the hotel.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi Simon, we are very conscious of how important reliable high speed wifi is for our guests. While I am not aware of the particular issue during your visit, I do know that our wifi has been working like clockwork since, so i can only assume it was a temporary technical glitch during your visit. I apologise for the inconvenience and I hope you will give us another try again in the future. Kind regards, Ryan Deebank - Sales & Marketing Manager
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Simon
"Went to the German club next door for dinner pork"
Room was clean and warm for august Thanks Shall stay there again next year on the way to the snow
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
"Wonderful Stay"
The staff were very helpful and polite. Food was fresh and tasty. Room was clean tidy and well tendered while we were there. We plan on using this motel on further visits to Canberra.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Many thanks for sharing your feedback, Anne. We are so happy to see that you plan on joining us again in the future. It is a great reward for the efforts of our entire team.
3 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Anne
"Great Service"
We selected this hotel online for the location to my son's home. The rate was fantastic so we expected the quality of the room to reflect the price but were really pleasantly surprised. It was modern, really comfortable, immaculately cleaned and presented. Staff were super-friendly and helpful. We didn't get to try the restaurant but the coffees were great.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi there DebraK, it is great to see that you had a fantastic stay with us. Our local coffee supplier provides an amazing blend and we have a talented team of baristas working with us. I start each morning with a coffee and can attest to their craftsmanship! Thanks for the review and we hope to see you soon.
3 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
DebraK
"very clean and great location"
Great room size .double/single bed .good bathroom.great beds etc.great and helpfull staff.great location near manuka oval 5 min drive.local golf club opposite
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi Gordon, thanks for the review. As you mention, we are close to Manuka Oval and all of the great AFL and cricket action that is offered there. We have World Cup cricket coming soon, as well as Asian Cup football, which is very exciting. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
gordon
Enjoyed my stay. Location was perfect for the area I was working in. Fresh milk in rooms. Rooms were very clean and had everything needed. Pool area would be lovely in warmer months. Will certainly stay again. Only things that were disappointing which really were minor things but the entire building (rooms, corridors, dining area) felt cold my entire visit. Heater in the room took a fair bit to warm the area. Restaurant does not allow for any changes to what is on the menu at all. Asked for less food on my plate (still pay the full amount though) but was told there were no changes allowed so food was unnecessarily wasted.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi Anonymous, I'm so sorry for your experience in our restaurant - that seems completely crazy and we will be sure to follow up with our wait staff to ensure that we are offering the best service at all times. Many thanks for sharing your experience with us here.
2 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
Hotel is very clean and comfortable in a great location. We would not hesitate ot stay there again.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Thanks for your review, Brian. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found your room to be clean and comfortable. We look forward to providing another warm welcome in the future. Safe travels, Ryan
2 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Brian Cooper
"Ver ynice & comfy"
One of the staff was not friendly, apart from that it is a nice comfy place to stay, would recommend to anyone.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Thanks for your review, Dave. Customer service is a big priority and I'm disappointed to read that you experienced some difficulties in this area. Your review will serve as a timely reminder for our staff.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Was in a nice location just out of the city centre. Good if you have a car- free on site self parking. The room was very spacious, however the pillows were extremely uncomfortable. Other than that, a nice stay for the weekend.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Thanks for your review, Cassie_Alysse, it is great to see you enjoyed your stay here.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
cassie_alysse
"Quality Hotel"
For a non-CBD hotel, the Best Western is in a great spot - very short drive to the main tourist sites such as the city, Parliament House, War Memorial etc. The staff are friendly and professional and the rooms are comfortable.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi Smithand, We are in a very handy spot here (and in a delightfully quiet part of the city, too!) We have plenty of free parking and local buses stop right across the road which is very convenient for those without a car. Thanks for your feedback and for spreading the word about our hotel.
3 night family trip Jul 7, 2014
smithand
Much better than we expected!! Must stay again.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Thanks for your feedback Lee - great to see you enjoyed your stay.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2014
"Stay in Canberra"
if you are looking for a place to stay in canberra within proximity to manuka and snowy mountains, this hotel is good. preferred if the rooms were slightly bigger though.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Thanks for staying with us and sharing your review here. We are in a great spot - right between Manuka and the Monaro Hwy - great for travellers on their way to the Snowies. He hope to see you back again in the future.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Great affordable accommodation for our family."
We have stayed in some lovely hotels and this would be up there with them. The bathroom may be small but why do you need a larger one. It was neat and modern decor and most importantly the beds were very comfy. If we go back to Canberra we would stay there again.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Thanks for posting your review. We aim to provide great value, modern accommodation and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Hotel has everything we needed for the night"
We booked this hotel again after staying 1 night here last year.It has everything we needed in a hotel room.parking, free internet, full length mirror, good shower head on top of the comfy bed, good convenient location for us. Less than 10 minutes to Ottoman Restaurant and Fyshwick Market is nearby. We shall return as we are happy what this hotel can offer at a very good price.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
It is great to see that you had a fantastic time with us here in Canberra, Mary.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
"Everything was great"
Perfect stopover on the way to the snow - quality room, food and service!
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi there, as you mention, we are a few minutes from the Monaro Highway - a great stopping point for snow travellers! We hope to see you back next winter!
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Very Comfortable Stay"
Easy check in and check out, Nice and clean room and bathroom. No complaints.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi Pat, I'm delighted our team looked after your during your stay here at BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden City Hotel.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
Pat
"Good clean hotel close to city"
Used for a short business trip. Clean rooms, quiet location, plenty of parking
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi there, thanks for the review. We are a great hotel for both business travellers and holidaymakers alike. I am very happy to read your review and will share your comments with our fantastic team.
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
"Super Friendly Staff"
The hotel is great! The building is older, but they don't skimp on comfort. The bed was really comfy and I'm a pillow snob but they had great pillows, really high and fluffy. The room was really clean and the room service was prompt. Everyone who works there is really nice and the service was great. They have a restaurant and the food is pretty good, but the desserts are awesome! I've got a big sweet tooth, so this is a plus for me! The neighborhood is quaint, with a school park nearby and some older houses around. It's right down the road from Geoscience Australia, which is a neat place to visit. The ground floor has a museum, and there is a "timewalk" around it. Overall a very nice hotel, I would definitely recommend it!
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Thanks for sharing your detailed feedback, Rosie. We love to hear from our guests and are glad you had the chance to enjoy Geoscience - it is a little-known treasure just a block away from us here. We hope to see you back again in the future.
5 night trip Jun 10, 2014
Rosie
"The people at the hotel were so welcoming and warm"
Wonderful 5 star experience. Will and would definaely recommend this hotel. They couldn't do more for you.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Thanks for posting your review; your kind comments will be passed on to our entire team.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Value for money"
Clean and we'll maintained hotel. Close to Manuka with options for many good restaurants.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Thanks for your comments, DK. I'm happy to have had the chance to host your stay in Canberra.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
DK
"Nice hotel in suburban area"
The room was relatively clean when we arrived although could be slightly better kept. No issues with any fascilities and staff were friendly and helpful.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Thanks for your feedback; we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"good value motel"
Good value and large clean rooms. Service friendly and relaxed atmosphere
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Canberra is a wonderful city and I'm glad we provided a great place to stay during your time here.
1 night business trip May 3, 2014
"Convenient, quiet, spacious."
Comfy bed, nice bedding, large room with fridge and lovey bathroom. Easy access to Canberra city only ten minutes away by car. Overall more than adequate for business or vacation.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi Don, we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay here with us.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Don
"Comfortable"
Basic hotel that met all the requirements and was comfortable. Rooms at the front are a little noisy with the occassional heavy vehicle going past. Dry cleaning needes to be collected from reception - it is not delivered to the door.
Response by Best Western Plus Garden City Hotel
Hi EJS, thanks for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I apologise that our staff did not deliver your dry cleaning to your room. We will certainly address your comments and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014