All hotels in Toledo, Ohio, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here444 N Summit Street, Toledo, OH, 43604, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Recent stay"
The hotel is overall pretty nice. Front desk was friendly, so was valet. Nice rooms, very poor lighting though. The front desk put in my reservation wrong. They called me on the first morning to see why i haven't checked out yet. We spoke and I informed them I had prepaid for two nights. It was resolved quickly and easily. The restaurant, needs some changes. Typical hotel breakfast food that is usually free. Powdered eggs, over cooked and dried out oatmeal. The bacon and sausage aren't even good to eat. Some stuff was ok. Like yogurt, boxed cereal, toast, fruit. Basically anything they hadn't cooked. This is a buffet, but they serve you coffee and had to bring ketchup. So after a tip for that, breakfast was over $20 for 2. I felt ripped off to say the least
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"I will never book this hotel again"
The staff was rude The rooms were dirty Internet didn't work and was necessary Homeless bothering us outside of hotel
1 night business trip Sep 15, 2014
Great!!!!
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Close to my 35th Class Reunion being held"
We had to leave because the air conditioning was not working properly in our room, they moved us but still was unbearable so we left a day early. We live in Florida and the weather was not as hot in Toledo therefore, their air should of been fine. I am very dissatisfied.
2 night trip Sep 6, 2014
The hotel was clean not happy there was a small pool and no hot tub. I will never go back. The price I pay and breakfast not include. :(
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
"Grand ol place"
Nice facility. Great people throughout. Great location on the river. Restaurant has river view. Grounds have great walking jogging access along the river. Only downer was the lack of lower cost self parking. The only real option I found was to pay the hotel's valet but it was not too bad. I rate it as a 3.5.
1 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
"Worst visit Ive ever had at a hotel."
Upon arrival, I realized there was no parking aside from valet at the location. An added $16 per night to park at location. Not convenient. The front desk person had no personality, and wasn't inviting. We went upstair to the room, and the wifi would not work. Kept stopping. The next morning, we got up early to have breakfast before heading back to our home. We had 45 to have breakfast, so decided to go have the buffet. There wasNT even a continental breakfast. We waited ten minutes on a server to come to the table. ten minutes later she came with drinks. At this point, we worried we wouldn't be on time to leave for our appts that afternoon. We asked for buffet, and she said, "We aren't serving buffet". I asked why the menu and advertising said there was, and she said there aren't enough people staying at the hotel to justify it. Wow. I ordered something to go for my daughter because she needed to to eat something...but I ended up not even ordering because the server also said it would take quite a bit of time to get my ordered food. So....bad customer service, terrible wifi, rude server, false advertising, leaving out pertinent facts about parking is terrible business. Im surprised this hotel is still open. By the way, this is the FIRST time Ive ever left a negative comment about a hotel. Never have had these issues before. I was floored to be honest.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
CHARLES
"Mixed"
Service ranged from super to clueless to poor. Access to the front door is confusing. Pulled in and parked to check in and a guy hollers at me that I can't park there. I told him I wanted valet parking, I pulled around and opened my trunk lid and two guys stood there and looked at me. I took my luggage out, 5 bags worth, and struggled to carry it into the front desk with no offer of help. I used shuttle service three times to nearby restaurants. Both evenings the experience was great. At lunch we were dropped off fine but when we called to be picked up we stood outside the restaurant for an hour. Made two calls the second being a request for a cab. Saturday morning, we went down to breakfast at the hotel and all they had was a buffet, powered eggs and all. They show posters in the elevators of eggs over easy and they looked super, but when we get there NO. The room itself and the view were fantastic. The front desk woman was also fantastic. Overall, mixed experience that with a small amount of effort could have been an overall good experience.
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2014
Norm
"Not enough staff so service was horrible"
Very expensive; couldn't get a decent cup of coffee in the morning.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Fantastic view"
The staff was very welcoming and went out of their way to help us have a nice stay
3 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Sue
Rooms were very clean and comfortable, with a great river view. Somewhat slow service at front desk (seemed understaffed) and hotel restaurant would not answer the telephone when I tried to inquire about breakfast buffet. The people working there were courteous and friendly, but seemed to be stretched thin.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
Occasional Traveler
"Just ok for price"
It could have been better. They have the location, space. Food sucked. Staff great. Rooms need work.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"A nice hotel with great price"
We stayed one night at the hotel on the way to University of Michigan while we sending our daughter to UM as a freshman. The hotel is located about 1.5 hours away from Ann Arbor and is on the way from New Jersey after 9 hours driving. The hotel is very nice inside and outside. The valet parking is convenient since they don't have a large parking lot. The staff there is friendly. We will definitely recommend it to other people.
1 night business trip Aug 27, 2014
Dolly
"Find a hotel with parking spaces."
This hotel has NO parking garage and few parking spaces on the property. It is almost imperative that you pay extra for their valet parking as they use a garage that is a block away. When they get busy, such as on a Saturday evening, there is just loads congestion. We had to wait almost 30 minutes to get into the small lot in front of the hotel and we had been checked in for over 24 hours and just wanted to pop into our room to "freshen up" prior to heading back out to a group dinner. They also make it difficult to get luggage into and out of your room without having a bellhop do it for you........I swear they must hide the luggage cart or carts. I will not stay there next year, but will go to a hotel a short distance away which has lots or parking space around the building.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Don
"Not too bad, older hotel but nice on the inside"
The hotel like the surrounding downtown area is a bit older but the rooms and lobby have been updated.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Depends on what you are looking for."
Overall hotel condition is excellent. Cleaning staff first rate and friendly, which is a plus. Nice, modern rooms with good views. Problems: WIFI was not working our first day, so I don't know what business travelers are expected to do. The parking situation is strange-- it is valet parking only, and BE AWARE THAT THIS IS MANDATORY and will be added to your bill. That being said, the valets were friendly and accommodating. It would be much nicer if there was an arrangement with one of the nearby parking garages for validating tickets as is done at many hotels and businesses. Constantly having to call the valet seemed not only inconvenient for the guests, but for the valets as well. The real problem we had was with the ground floor restaurant which looks out over the river. They seemed to be VERY understaffed. We sat down and were not served, nor did we see anyone come out of the kitchen. There were two tables which had been served, but there was no staff. It seemed as if they had just left or taken a long break. The hotel desk staff couldn't explain it, nor could they suggest any other place for breakfast within walking distance. We ended up checking out early and driving to another restaurant on the other side of the river.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
"Close to all"
I enjoyed my stay. Love the view of the water and how close the proximity to the baseball stadium where the Toledo Mud Hens played which was the purpose of the trip.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
Deneen
"Family Reunion"
The hotel rooms were clean and comfortable. The Valet Parking was horrible. They are severely understaffed. It took quite a while to get your car and don't bother calling in advance...no one answers the phone. The restaurant is a joke... Several weddings and a couple of family reunions and they had only one person cooking. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone .
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Sandra
Overall we were really impressed with our stay at the hotel, especially in light of some lower reviews I had seen before going. We stayed for a wedding, and the rooms, hotel itself, are all really well kept and beautiful and resort-like. The only place where things were lacking were some of the services, ex. no working wifi, not a lot of food options surrounding (EVERYTHING closed on Sundays), and food in restaurant was ok. It seems like they built a beautiful hotel but don't have the traffic to keep everything running at high level. But overall would recommend and stay again.
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Holly
"Nice hotel in downtown Toledo"
The Grand Plaza is a nice hotel in walking distance to multiple attractions in the downtown area. The rooms were clean and nicely appointed. We did not use any of the facilities outside of the room. There were a few things to be weary of... First, the WiFi did not work in the hotel and it appears it had not been working for several days when we got there. If you need WiFi, I would strongly recommend checking that it is working again before check in. We did have a problem with the drain in our bathtub and it took several hours to get fixed, they did extend our checkout times due to this issue. Once it was 'fixed' it only worked for one shower, it was plugged again for the next shower. One other note, if you are planning a visit to the casino. They do have a shuttle bus, but it only runs until midnight. If you are a night owl, plan to take a taxi back to the hotel. I will say, we called for the shuttle at 11:50 and our awesome driver already left with the last pickup for the night. He did a u-turn to come back and pick us up. Over all, it was a nice experience and the staff was great, but there were definitely some tweaking they could do to increase their ratings.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
"Best Western Grant Park"
The hotel staff was pretty friendly and knowledgeable, but somewhat overworked. The location was GREAT, close to the Shedd Aquarium, Loop, etc. We were pretty disappointed that the "in house" restaurant apparently converted to only serving breakfast, but the staff directed us to restaurant close enough to walk to.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Disappointing.."
Close to client in down town but the hotel management is very questionable. The internet was down during my 4 day stay and no one seemed to know if they were going to fix it. The restaurant was empty the day I checked in and the bartender was running the show by himself for the 2 tables with customers. Steak was awful. Staff not very welcoming either.
4 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
Luis
"Stay elsewhere"
No wifi in room or working internet in lobby. Unacceptable for a business conference hotel. 2 of 3 elevators not working. Front desk needs hospitality training. No on site parking. There is an Annoying intercom system in every room that woke me up several times with announcements about someone's car being parked wrong. The city of Toledo issued "a don't not drink or use water" warning and the hotel didn't warn all guests or use that annoying intercom system...the Neighborhood surrounding the hotel is ghetto, like scary and I'm not joking. The hotel restaurant is rated last in the city on yelp. No refrigerator in the room I stayed in. The list goes on and on... Skip toldeo and this hotel stay elsewhere.
1 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
"very bad"
First got there you have to pay $16 each nite for valet parking.. Workers were not at all friendly.. Got to the room, it was really small and ran down. Floors were very dirty, bed was uncomfortable. The swimming pool was very small, at the bottom of pool it was slimy, you can feel dirt at the bottom, or it mauly have besn the salt from the salt water swimming pool.. Again in pool area was nasty.. Not recomended to.anyone or anything..
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Tasha
"Needs a good cleaning."
Comfy bed. Outdated, not so well maintained room. Insider tip: Look behind the drapes. Helpful staff. Will stay elsewhere next time.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Chris from NJ
"No convenience."
There was no parking unless you valet or walk across the busy street to the parking garage. The hotel staff was friendly. Valet drivers, not so much. They were rude because I didn't use their service. No mini fridge or microwave for convenience. Will not be returning to this hotel.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Kaylee
"No service"
The hotel was clean and our room was ok, but the service was VERY POOR. We requested a refrigerator for an insulin-dependent diabetic and were told none were available and they brought us a bucket of ice! Also, we booked the hotel with the understanding that there was a free shuttle to and from the baseball game. They dropped us off there but when we called for the return trip, no one ever responded and we ended up having to walk back. AWFUL SERVICE.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Beautiful view"
We only had one night, but the view was beautiful, the staff extremely helpful, and the restaurant had a great buffet breakfast.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2014
"EXPENSIVE parking"
The hotel itself was acceptable with a clean room and pretty view of the river. However, my room had poor air conditioning, so the room was too warm. The buffet was very good at the first floor restaurant. I was very disappointed with parking as it was $16.00 for nightly parking via valet or else park in a structure about 1/2 a block away--having to cross a busy street in a "not so safe looking area." Avoid room near elevator as it can be very noisy.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"July 20-2014"
We really enjoyed this hotels location and how clean it was. Jack gave us a corner room on the river side, it was a really nice view. Walking distance to many of the attractions and things to do. The only bummer was the promo for the buffet breakfast. It was a Sunday to Monday stay, due to the hotel stays being low that night they did not offer the buffet. Also they charge $16 a day to valet then they park your car right at the front door, seems a little high for that. I would certainly stay here again and would recommend this hotel. Very nice.
1 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2014
Stacey
"Old and neglected"
It's just an old building and needs some paint. One light bulb in the bathroom, windows are disgusting. Bar staff isn't happy about having to get drinks or mix them and everything is a hassle. There is a lock on the door that works and the a/c was great in my room. The parking out front is weird because you tip them for getting your car 50 away.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
WH_Bonney
"Not the best stay"
I was a little upset from the start. I had called the day before and asked what time we could check in and was told 1pm. We arrived at the hotel at 1:30 and were told that our room was not available and that there was a wedding party in town and our room was given to them. The hotel staff asked if we wanted a room with 1 King bed instead of 2 Queen beds. We really needed 2 beds because we had our kids with us. We were offered a roll away bed which we accepted just so we could get into a room. The roll away bed was in terrible condition and very uncomfortable. The room was also much smaller than expected. I also wanted to mention the pool area, it was again very small and the water was milky looking. We also had an issue with the valet parking. When my car was delivered to us from the valet, everything had been gone thru and left in dissaray. I travel for work on a regular basis and have never experienced this type of thing. I will NOT be booking another stay at this location.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
"Excellent staff and outstanding bartender"
Excellent downtown location. I look forward to my next stay
1 night trip Jul 16, 2014
"Aging building, young staff, long waits"
We waited in line for 45 minutes to CHECK IN, at check in time. NOT ONE SINGLE EMPLOYEE spoke to us, indicated any problem, and/or provided hospitality during the wait. We learned at the counter at our turn we were literally waiting on rooms to be cleaned. As one was finished/inspected we were checked in. The young staff seems to have no service/hospitality skills like communication, apology, accommodation, etc. The "chef" came to the counter and asked how she could help. I suggested she bring up some apps, and/or drinks [EVEN WATER?!] and TALK to people waiting about what was going on. She left, nothing was done, so I addressed the line. We had no towels in our room, likely due to the rushed cleaning, and it took more than 30 minutes to have those delivered. We accidentally left a pillow in our room. I called, and was transferred to housekeeping. They took our number and never called. I called again, spoke to a gentleman in housekeeping, he located the pillow, and said he could send it to me with no cost estimate, and I could give him my credit card number open-ended. He said he didn't have time, and he had to go, I could "call back and leave a message, goodbye". WOW. The pool is TINY. The building is definitely worn out/tired, small beds -- doubles -- was clean but not updated or enhanced with good service. The location was great, as we were there for the Science Center. I think location is their strongest [maybe only?] selling point.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Small Family
"Very Relaxing"
It was an enjoyable stay the staff was nice the rooms were clean and our view was beautiful.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Tony
no free breakfast, hotel entry need vaccumming, parking is $16.00 per day. night noise
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Sam
"Worth every penny ...."
Room was great .... although not my kind of pillows. Pool and exercise room was good....Bar was nice. Along the river was a great place to walk or jog. We stayed two nights with no complaints.
2 night trip Jul 16, 2014
Fred
"Solid value"
The hotel staff were wonderful. The hotel was clean and accommodating for my needs. Some things were a bit dated, but in good working order and well-maintained. The restaurant was sufficient, but not extravagant. That seems to sum up the overall experience: "sufficient but not extravagant". If I were returning to the area, I'd likely stay there again because it clearly met my needs.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Not Bad"
Breakfast was meh at best, other than that, great location for an overnight stay for a mudhens game. Hotel needs WIFI
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"sketchy location"
Not clean rooms and didn't know parking was extra. Not in great part of town.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2014
Greg
"Overnight Stay"
My husband stayed only one night. We came to the area to visit the Hollywood Casino. It was a short drive to the casino. The hotel supplied a complimentary van ride to and from casino, however, after waiting 15-20 min for it to arrive to take us, we decided to drive ourselves. It was a clean, quiet place and priced fairly. Overall I would return if back in the area.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Right in the downtown Toledo area"
Check-in was relatively simple. The staff was able to recommend restaurants in close proximity to the hotel.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
C.
"Beautiful views"
This hotel was easy to get to from the highway. Valet parking attendant was very friendly. The room was nice with a comfortable bed and a nice view of the city. Only downfall: no fridge in the room.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
Illinois Jones
Awful experience! My card was charged additional without notice and I was advised that I would receive a credit on my card which still has not appeared. Also, there were two other complaints that we overheard as checking out.
"Wasn't pleased"
I wanted room with river view didn't get that there was know ice machine on my floor I want come back
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
rhonda
The toilet did not have enough water pressure to flush and the tub did not drain we had to be moved to a different room just to take a shower!
1 night business trip Jul 3, 2014
Had a very uncomfortable stay. shower not working. Toilet not working.had to change rooms. New room telephone not working. Could not sleep. Lot of noise ,screaming, yelling, from a room. Called Security 3 times on my cell phone before issue was resolved.Valet could not find my car for more than 1/1/2 hrs. Brought a wrong car, insisting it was my car. Finally brought my car after much delay. Ended up missing Graduation that I had gone for.
4 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"convenient to all sights"
very good.. thoroughly enjoyed it...
2 night romance trip Jun 25, 2014
"No AC"
We had a good stay. vallet parking was a plus at this location. The only problem we had was the AC was not working properly which made sleeping uncomfortable.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Be your own bellhop...."
I've never had to be my own bellhop at a "grand" hotel before. Was about to be my own valet, too, until I went inside and found one playing on his smart phone. This was the weirdest hotel experience I've had, maybe because it was in Toledo?? But in any case, there was almost no staff on hand, the place was like a ghost town (I swear I had the whole 12th floor to myself), and the A/C was out! After trying to tough it out, I finally reached the desk staff, who offered to bring me a fan (?! Seriously??) or change my room (What good would that do, since the whole hotel was out?) So I sweated through a hot July night, apparently all by myself. Also, I checked in at about 9:45 pm, and the restaurant manager? walked up behind the desk and that's how I learned the restaurant, which was supposed to be open until 10, was already closed. Otherwise, the room was spacious, comfortable and clean. If you enjoy self-service, stay here.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014