All hotels in Toledo, Ohio, United States of America
444 N Summit Street, Toledo, OH, 43604, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Awesome vibe
    Quite clean
    Uncomfortable
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Nice for price"
This used to be the grand hotel, but it is showing its age. Still nice and staff was helpful.
2 night trip with friends Jun 28, 2015
Terry
"Clean hotel, HORRIBLE service"
Jeremy or some guy with a J was working the night I came in, I called ahead letting him know I was arriving late around 2am so don't cancel my reservation. He was snippy and seemed to care less on the phone. When I arrived his attitude was horrible, no care, looked like he didn't want to be there. Didn't tell me anything about the hotel (like breakfast or anything) and was just short with me and rude. Also when first arriving at hotel, when I was giving my car to the valet some random guy came up offered me help and info, then wanted money... so my first experience was a begger...and on top of that when I walked into the hotel lobby the valet came in after me and stood at the valet desk while my car was sitting out there running with the begger!! I looked back and told the valet to watch my car since the begger was out there, like seriously!
1 night trip Jun 28, 2015
Geoffrey
"Disppointing Hotel Staff"
All hotel staff was rude from check-in to valet to shuttle drivers to manager that checked us out. When checking in, there was a conference being held at the same time, There were 8 people in line with only one person to assist. Valet was disrepectful and seemed agitated if we needed our vehicle. Shuttle driver procedded to text and use cell phone while passengers were in vehicle and night manager had us wait 15-20 minutes before we coule check out because his "system was in an audit." Very disappointed and I will make sure my family stays elsewhere.
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Mandatory Valet Parking"
The first room they gave me had an unmade bed. The second room had a dirty shower curtain liner, and, if you pull into the parking lot, it's a mandatory valet for $16.
2 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
A. Van
"Not worth the money spent"
The walls are paper thin and we ended up on a floor where there was a wedding party that went on till 530 in the morning. The noise was so loud it felt like they were in the same room. Then at check out we received a surprise that my credit card had extra charges on it. They don't tell you at check in that there is a $50 check in fee and then amother fee for $47.67 for what I haven't actually figured out yet. Not to mention a $16 valet charge. The hotel was not worth it.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
"Good Location, Nice Hotel,Not the Best Service"
Nice Hotel - but service was a little bad. Check in seemed a bit confused and did not have a room ready at 6:30pm. Moved into a King Bed room which was fine. The Lounge in the hotel was fairly small - bartender was nice but I was the only person in the Lounge and it was pretty dead. Breakfast on Sunday appeared to have 1 guy working... most of the tables had not been cleaned and there was no silverware... Nice Hotel - but service was poor.
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2015
"Just give the grand hotel 3.5"
Very nice room,comfortable bed;the main thing comfort bed after the all day meeting.All the staff are nice and friendly.Just need microwave or small refrigerator for left over food.
2 night business trip Jun 12, 2015
Lydia
"Horrible hotel"
Attending wedding
3 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Waled
"Dissapointment"
The hotel was filthy. Outside the room were dirty sheets, towels, and old food for the entire length of the stay. Unfortunately, this is the nicest hotel within walking distance of the Fifth Third stadium. Next time we will drive home instead of paying for such a dirty hotel. The room was damp, had a horrible smell, and the pool was dirty and small. Huge disappointment.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Beautiful river walk views but few food choices."
Amazing river walk views. The restaurant was rarely open, and had closed early when we sought to go there. The area is downtown Toledo. Valet parking literally takes your car a few feet, but we felt safer having them watching the car. Some parts of downtown were charming, some terribly rundown, and there were few places to eat. We drove elsewhere for food. We even came down one morning to an amazing cinnamon roll smell, but it was an air freshener, we were told. The river walk itself with the wildlife and sculptures and the hotel are beautiful and the hotel is next to a terrific children's science museum. The room was spacious!
3 night romance trip May 31, 2015
Kimberly A
"Needs updating!"
This hotel needs updating!!!! The last day we were there it rained and it was leaking into our room through the window. We also had 3 other rooms with family and the same thing occurred in their room.
3 night family trip May 28, 2015
"1"
Terrible front desk service
1 night business trip May 29, 2015
"No stay"
Waste of money. Poor service. No restaurant No room service.
Other trip May 31, 2015
Don
"Convenient location; has seen better days"
Great location in downtown and the river. But desperately needs updating. Very 1980s feel and a bit run down. No real activity in lobby; very empty. I got stuck with a handicapped room and I am six foot five. Hanging my cloths and taking a shower were challenges. The TV was old and many channels didn't work.
Other trip May 29, 2015
Everything was fine except for noise from other rooms and the hallway coming through the door.
Other trip May 23, 2015
"Bad service"
Service at front desk was terrible
1 night business trip May 17, 2015
"No mini-fridge?"
View was nice but the room was just ok. Nothing special about it.
Other trip May 18, 2015
Annette
"Quiet nice hotel"
This was a convenient place to stay for a quick business trip. No surprises good or bad. Good value for what you pay. The room service through Cafe del Sol was better than I expected
Other trip May 13, 2015
"Clean Spacious"
Among the Best, very large room, very comfortable, 7-floor view
Other trip May 13, 2015
Chuck
"Close to stadium"
Hotel is just mediocre. Location is its best feature. Beds are small...fulls not queens so for 2 adults in 1 bed is not comfy. Bathroom is small and dark. No breakfast included and no where to park so you have to use the $16 a day valet. Rip off. Sorry.
Other trip May 10, 2015
Robbie
"Just ok"
Shady neighborhood!! Nothing to do, nothing to walk to
1 night family trip Apr 8, 2015
"Nice Riverfront Hotel"
Enjoyed dinner in the restaurant. Reasonably priced and quality meals were served. Nice and convenient location.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Rhiannon
"Very friendly staff"
The staff was great, but the room was to hot could not control temperature, there was no fridge or microwave.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
Very nice room. Tasteful Contemporary decor. Quite and Very clean. Wifi was fast.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Was nice but seemed a little old nice. But it was cool to be on the water.
"Amazing restaurant, terrible front desk service!"
The best part about the hotel was the Del Sol restaurant. Their food was amazing! The hotel service was terrible at check in but the valet and shuttle service guys were wonderful! If you can avoid checking in with Jarod at the front desk and his foul language your stay should be better than ours-that was appalling!
1 night romance trip Mar 26, 2015
"Not a home run"
Hair dryer did not work. Room was quite small. Had to sign an agreement that I would not smoke or steal anything. Expensive to park. Front desk clerk needs to be less chatty and more professionally discrete. Overpriced at $119.00 a night.
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
Dennis
"Pleasantly Surprised"
It was a nice surprise.
1 night trip with friends Mar 17, 2015
"Convenient to Huntington Center"
Pretty location, lots of wasted space on main floor, made it feel like they needed to utilize the space for guests in a much better way. Restaurant has a nice view, but no staff was there when we went in for breakfast. Valet staff got my biggest vote of approval, they were great. Bathrooms were very outdated, and very dark.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Breakfast was bad,, the bar closed at 11, no self parking but they park your car 16.00 a day its just a money pit never again
martin
"President"
Great for the price
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2015
Ken
"Almost perfect"
Had everything we needed except a mini fridge. Didn't even think to ask when I booked it because I've stayed in $40 hotels and they had them so at $127 a night I just assumed. Other than that, no complaints,
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Comfortable bed. Nice sized room. Great view of the Maumee River. Would have been nice to have a small refrigerator in the room. Staff was very helpful.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
There was not hot water in the am....otherwise I would have rated excellent. Beautiful hotel but not good when you have to take a cold shower!
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"No a happy camper!"
Basic
1 night trip Dec 29, 2014
Jeffrey
"Very friendly staff"
Loved the warm pool and the staff was very nice. The hotel was a little older, but was in good condition.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"A short stay for a wedding."
It was great. The room was difficult to heat. But otherwise can't complain.
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Jeremy
"Downtown Event"
We stayed for one night. Older hotel but clean. There could be better lighting in the bathrooms but I probably only noticed because I was dressing for a big event. Staff was very friendly and accommodating and that makes up for any minor issues.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Sierra
Everything about our stay was very nice. The staff went out of their way to please us in every way.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"No free breakfast!"
It overall wasn't a terrible experience. The 'free breakfast' included is a lie if they don't meet a certain percentage of people staying in the hotel that night, so you'd be forced to go to their restaurant and pay for food. Some people choose one hotel over another due to the hassle-free breakfast included, especially if traveling with kids where it might be difficult or overly time consuming to find another restaurant (in the not-so-illustrious city of Toledo), so I was frustrated by the false advertising. The bed was uncomfortable, no one slept well. Overall there was nothing overtly wrong or bad about the stay, but know that the breakfast is contingent upon how busy they are so they can save a couple of bucks.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Emerald
"vrry good deal for the price!"
Easy to get to, park, check-inn, check-out, quiet. Pleasant staff! My room was excellent, very clean! Took their shuttle to/from the Hollywood Casino. Came back at 1:30am, shuttle was very timely.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
RussF, CPA
"Thanksgiving and Christmas Visits"
We greatly enjoyed staying here for the second time in the past couple of months. Once for thanksgiving and once for Christmas to visit family. The hotel is very nice for the area and reasonably prices on hotels.com (although the cheaper price is nonrefundable). We arrived on dec 22 and found that they upgraded us to a corner king suite since there was few people staying over the holidays! How awesome! The lighting in the rooms could be better (can be dark) and the valet only is kind of a pain but we will definitely be back for future visits to the family!
3 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
Lauren
"On The River"
We stayed at the Grand Plaza because they offered a free shuttle to our company Christmas party. The hotel lobby was nice and clean and well decorated for the holidays. The staff was nice and helpful too. Valet parking is $16 or you can drive your car across the street and pay $8 to the park in the parking garage. We had a room on the 10th floor with a king size bed. There was no refrigerator but we honestly didn't need one. The room itself was comfortable and we didn't hear much going on in the halls. Our view out our window was the building next door. If your planning on staying here long, I highly suggest getting a room with a view of the river & bridges. The only cons were poor lighting in the bathroom (getting ready was difficult because it was hard to see) and there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. The hotel has a new owner and management and I am excited to see what changes are made the next time we stay. There is a restaurant and a pool but we did not visit or use either one.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Gypsy
"Don't stay here!!!"
The hotel was beautiful on the inside but had a ridiculously high priced parking fee. The restaurant inside the hotel was awful, bad service and even worse food. They served us $12 personal pizzas on flour tortillas literally and called it thin crust. The pool was decent sized but not warm at all so couldn't even swim. I will NOT return to this hotel nor would I recommend anyone stay there.
1 night family trip Dec 6, 2014
Holly
"A great hotel close to everything downtown!"
Grand Plaza Hotel provided my daughter and I with exceptional lodging. We had a great time swimming at the pool, then ordered dinner through room service, then watched movies in our room, and finally ate breakfast the next morning in the hotel restaurant. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom, cable, and heater were all top notch, and the front desk and valet staff were all helpful and friendly. The rate for our room was extremely reasonable and the hotel food was tremendous. We will stay there EVERY TIME we visit Toledo. I don't understand why this is not a 5-star hotel because we received 5-star service!
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Quick visit"
The pool was freezing, so the kids could not swim. The restaurant was closed. Leaving me not enough time to feed my kids prior to our obligations early that morning. At that time, they had juice, coffee, and cereal. The room was very dark and no switches to lights in the room. We arrived at night and had to cross the dark room to get to the lamp for light. Then the only outlets that worked had lamps plugged in. So to plug in chargers, we had to unplug lamps. The accommodations were nice and the front desk was helpful. My valet was credited for the issues after mentioning the issues with the pool and breakfast.
jessica
Had good experience didn't like that fact there are no refrigerators in the room, ive stayed here 3 times now and each time that's the thing that's most upsets me!
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"MOLD"
We had to change rooms 3 times due to mold and general disrepair of rooms.
"Skip this one"
Heat was on 96. Room didn't cool down to 75 until morning. It was miserable. Entire hotel smells like an ashtray. Pool was freezing. Restruant was under construction. So no food.
Shannon
"One thing after another went wrong"
Pool freezing, kitchen closed for day. No warning and Continental breakfast was frozen donuts, sugary cereal and coffee/tea. Valet threw awake, our ticket.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014