All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America
2300 Ships Mechanic Row, Galveston, TX, 77550, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"5* all around amazing"
My fiance and I stayed at the treemont this week on a Tuesday night for our anniversary. Our stay was more than enjoyable, we were gretted by friendly and affordable valet. Then the walk in to the hotel if fantastic from the floor to the paintings absolutely delightful. The hotel front desk had two very helpful and friendly ladies who actually seemed happy to greet us. The room was perfect for the occasion and I will personally only stay at this hotel when visiting Galveston.
1 night romance trip May 18, 2015
Trevor
"Great Hotel before a Cruise."
The Hotel is located two blocks from the Ship,easy access to the pier. The room is very nice and if you like an old hotel with modern upgrades, this one is for you. The roof top bar has a great view and everyone is so friendly.
"Great area."
Needs a ramp to load and unload luggage. HOTEL Overpriced. Valet too too Expensive and slow. no free coffee in lobby. hotel was clean staff friendly nice area of town..
kyle
"wonderful"
great experience. a beautiful room, great central location; great service
"GIVE ME A WOW !!!"
All I can say is WOW !!! Cool old place and in fantastic condition all updated.All help is top notch
1 night romance trip May 10, 2015
"Best Stay Ever"
I stayed in the Tremont for my wedding night, our wedding was on a cruise near there. The hotel was gorgeous! It was very easy to travel anywhere in the area because of how close our stay was to historical downtown. The staff was friendly and very courteous, always wanted to know how they could help. I enjoyed our one night stay and will be sure to go back for more!
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Vanessa
"Excellent place to stay close to the Strand."
Stayed at this particular hotel to be near the cruise ship wedding of our daughter. really close to the older part of Galveston, TX. The staff were very professional and courteous, room was very clean and met our needs.
Other trip May 11, 2015
We were there only one night, but will be back. Very nice stay.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Strand Life"
Always nice.
1 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
Craig
"Little restaurant was not a good experience!"
Was looking forward to our stay & it is a beautiful hotel but wow the little food service cafe downstairs was not a good experience.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
Helen
"Pamper yourself"
From the moment we pulled up to the entrance, we were welcomed. These days I use a cane and no longer jump out of the car to bound up the stairs. No problem. There was plenty of help offered (but not forced on me). The front desk was quick to get us into a clean comfy room. I love the little details everywhere, thr citrus water in the lobby, the clock, the comfy bed. All close to the Opera House and the Strand.And no need to drive home after a full day.
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
bonnie
"Great anniversary"
Great stay.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Great location on the Strand"
Very pleasant staff heavy feather and synthetic pillows, too high, cause neck pain. Otherwise comfy bed and room.
Other trip Apr 26, 2015
SuezQ
"Grand Old Hotel"
Great location fab old hotel
1 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
"Great Hotel next to Port of Galveston"
We were looking for a nice hotel close to the Port. We flew in a day early on Friday for a Saturday cruise as we always do to make sure that we are there with no flight delays and are ready to board. This hotel definitely was a pleasure. It is in the historic district of Galveston and within a couple of blocks of the shopping in the district. The room was beautiful, clean and very comfortable. It is an old building that has all the hisoric and period charm mixed with the modern amenities. The staff was great. On Saturday morning the port was closed due to fog so we had to wait for the ship to come in and unload which didnt happen until 2 in the afternoon. It was pouring down rain. The front desk staff got us a complimentary shuttle to take us and our luggage to the port. It was a great experiance and we can't wait to go back. Oh yes the bed at the Tremont House was more comfortable than the one on the boat.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Dennis
"Less than Stellar"
The hotel has the potential to be a high end 4 star property. There are certain disconnects with customer service specifically regarding the valet services. It was pouring rain and while the valets had umbrellas out to use to walk guests to/from their cars - they chose not to. Personally, my car was vandalized while in the care of the valet - the front license plate was cut off. My friends suite was not clean and a group of us (all 50+) went up to the suite for his birthday celebration and were asked twice by security to be quiet or the third time the group would be disbanded. There was no music playing, just 8 friends talking and telling stories of past adventures. It appears that at 10pm in Galveston the streets roll up and the quiet game must ensue.
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
Debra
"Fan malfunction"
Metal arm on the fan snapped and one of the blades was thrown on the bed pillow. If we would have been asleep it could have been very bad. Offered a portable fan as a fix and I had to ask to be moved to a different room. Not great service
2 night romance trip Mar 20, 2015
"Last Minute"
My business partner and myself had to come to Galveston for a very sudden funeral and I booked this hotel on our way, online. We got in around 1am and the reception was still very warm. The room was so nice and comfortable. I want to come back on a "pleasure" stay with my husband! Very nice place!
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
V
"Weekend Stay"
Good value. Close to many restaurants and the Strand.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Andy
"Nice hotel with ease of access to Galveston strand"
Easily walking distance to restaurants, shopping and nightlife at galveston's historic strand and fisherman's wharf.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
jason
"great"
Very nice, quiet place to stay. This is the 2nd time my husband and I stayed at the Tremont House. Excellent place to relax and get away.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Historic Tremont House"
Everything about this historic hotel was wonderful. Except for the bed. I tossed and turned all night. Couldn't seem to get comfortable. The valet parking is very handy.
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
Very pleased with the service and location. Close to Fishermans Wharf and the Elissa.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Fantastic place"
The hotel is a beautiful oasis steps away from the Strand and all the shops and bars and such. The staff was very friendly and everyone from the maids to the valets to the front desk staff always had a smile on their faces with a warm greeting. Our room was huge with a courtyard view, hardwood floors and a large soaking tub. Great experience and I'll definitely be staying there again.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"Definitely coming back"
Loved this place. Definitely would come back!
1 night romance trip Mar 11, 2015
"Mom's night alone"
I decided to stay at the Tremont Hotel to spend some alone time and re-new myself as a mommy. The hotel was beautiful, nicely maintained, comfortable and inviting! The staff was extremely friendly and very accommodating. My only complaint is that there was a very loud wedding on the fourth floor terrace. They moved floors intermittently for about two hours. The staff was extremely apologetic for their behavior. Overall I had a very pleasant time at the Tremont.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Very convenient location to The Strand historic district, shops, and restaurants.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
a visitor
"Spring break 2015"
We thought of spending a couple nights at galveston. The hotel is near historic sights. Close to restaurants. The kids loved it.
Other trip Mar 13, 2015
joey
"Tremont"
Good location. Hotel is a little dated, understably so due to the age of building. Had to ask housekeeping to come back and vacuum my room. No "on/off" switch for towel warmer, thus made bathroom hot like a sauna. Due to location, however, this is where I stay.
3 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
Ken
There was a little bit of noise outside our room early.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Nice place to spend the weekend"
Close to most everything ... Nice staff, upgrades due to my Wyndam card
JP
"Vintage hotel, in downtown, close to beach & UTMB"
Overall, a very good experience. My trip was business, so I didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel, but the desk staff and valet are terrific. The atrium bar is classy, and rooftop lounge has a nice view. The atrium provides an open, airy feel to the lobby and entry and gives you a great first impression. The dining café has a limited menu but good breakfast options.
Ken
Nice hotel overprice no parking for guests no free breakfast or continental breakfast stay at Drury inn and suites better and cheaper
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
First time staying there! LOVED IT! Can't wait to go back again when the weather is better and we can enjoy the Roof top bar
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Great staff, wonderful history of the property. Parking is a bit pricey, but good service.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Mardi Gras at The Tremont!"
This was our second stay at this wonderful hotel. The rooms are large and well appointed. I especially love the heated towels in the bath. The lobby and bar areas are beautiful and the service is great! We were there for MARDI GRAS and the parades went right in front of the hotel!
1 night trip with friends Feb 15, 2015
Judy
"Beautiful place"
Only issue was the Roof Top Bar was closed. Weather was ok.... So ??
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Bobbi
"Fun location"
Made a last minute decision to stay in Galveston for the night after a long day of work. Loved this historic hotel.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
ronda
"Galveston visit"
All expectations were met. The hotel's location is ideal. What was not within walking distance is an easy trip by car. I suggest letting the hotel attendants "valet" your car. They are prompt and friendly, especially Tyler.
2 night trip with friends Feb 9, 2015
Robert E
"Perfect, As Always."
The Tremont never disappoints. It was, as usual, perfect in every way. It is the only place we'll stay while in Galveston.
2 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
Sheron
"Loved it"
My fiancé and I came down for the Galveston half marathon and stayed here. It was super convenient being right next to the start and finish lines and the hotel was super awesome! The staff was extremely nice and helpful and it was fun to stay in a historic building near lots of shops and restaurants. The only downside is the parking. You have to valet for $18 a day or park on the street and pay a meter. Other than that everything was wonderful!
2 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Great hotel, noisy marathon!!"
We expected a quiet hotel, a nice place to spend the weekend celebrating our anniversary. And it was great, until 7.30 Sunday morning: that's when the loudspeakers came on and, directly outside our window, we heard (at about 110 decibels) someone welcome racers to the Galveston Marathon. Yes, this loud, loud race was held directly outside the hotel. (What were the planners of this event thinking? Hotel... Early Sunday morning... And a loud, LOUD event held right outside!) I'm not sure I'd consider this hotel again: though it was absolutely perfect in every other way, my wife and I REALLY didn't appreciate being woken up this way.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Nicest place on the block."
weekend getaway. Nice romantic hotel - clearly the nicest hotel in the area. Staff was friendly and cheerful.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
"Night before the cruise"
Got in late, bar was very accomodating and got us a couple of drinks right at closing. Love this hotel!
1 night romance trip Jan 21, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel"
I was pleasantly surprised by the service, the beauty and the all around atmosphere of this hotel! I loved it. The only thing that would have made me happier would've been to have a balcony on the room. It was beautifully decorated and the staff was absolutely amazing!
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
The restaurant staff was non existent, obviously disliked their job. Evening service and food very poor. Morning was a little better. Hotel though was great!
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Beautiful"
While our stay was great the window view was on second floor looking right into the alley. Wasn't very pleasant
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
Comfortable bed, room is spacious and we had fun staying in the hotel
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"Charming hotel with up-to-date amenities"
This was a lovely hotel for a brief overnight stay. Our room had exceptionally up-to-date lighting controls and an old school charm without an out-of-date feel. The bathroom was very clean and modern. The only slight downfalls were that we found a pair of old socks in the corner of our room, along with a stray hair from a previous guest on the lampshade. My boyfriend also found the room quite small (it just barely fit a bed, two side tables, a side chair and a side table), although I enjoyed the coziness. We were positioned right above the hotel lobby, and the noise carried through our windows/walls very easily, but on a positive note, the guests here seem to keep early hours. There is a fully stocked bar in the lobby and what appeared to be a coffee shop on the first floor. This hotel is also pet friendly for smaller pets, for a reasonable fee ($75 for our stay).
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2015
"Pefect stay"
A perfect stay. We both kept remarking it is the nicest olace we have stayed in years.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015