All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America
2024 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX, 77550, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Fabulous!!
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Shirley
"Yes Yes Yes"
Great hotel. Awesome pool and restaurant. Book with the hotel. They give state employee discount 20%. Always ask for free upgrades upon arrival.
4 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Joel
"Lovely stay"
Lovely property that was super convenient to the beach.
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Wendy
Service was really good. The bed in the room was not comfortable at all and there was a stinky smell in the hallway all 3 days. Other than that it's a really nice place.
3 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
Stuart
"Husband's Birthday Getaway!!!"
Awesome Birthday for my husband!! We usually stay at the Harbor House Hotel which is less expensive, but is also a sister property, and make use of the Galvez's amenities and pool area. We have stayed at the hotel before, and decided to stay at the Galvez this time because we got a really good deal with Hotels.com!! The room was very nice, clean, and had an full ocean view!! We will definitely stay here again and again.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
Nanette
"Good for both couple and families"
Extremely accommodating staff. Plenty of towels in room. Perfect beach access and easy clean off by the pool. Food in hotel is good for kids and adults but many good restaurants in the immediate vicinity.
3 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Girls getaway-was a FABULOUS place to stay!! Very comfy rooms, nice pool area, great service! Complimentary shuttle service to downtown was wonderful. Was pleasantly surprised w/Galveston, would definitely go back!
2 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
"Galveston's Best Hotel"
When staying in Galveston, The Galvez is an absolute must! I've been going to The Galvez since I was a child and the service has never changed. Great rooms, comfortable beds, relaxing spa, and the Sunday brunch is a MUST!
1 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Leslie
"Your search just ended!"
Every once in a while you find the perfect spot. This is it! The hotel itself is gorgeous, and usually historic is code for old, this is beautiful. The hotel is a short walk to Pleasure Pier and right across the street from the beach. The staff is great, the hotel is great. If you are going to Galveston stay here!
2 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
Chad
"Wonderful Solo Getaway"
There is something special about a landmark / historic hotel that adds a special dimension of time and place to a property. The Hotel Galvez combines that with comfort and friendliness. The staff at the hotel, as most people encountered in Galveston, were warm, welcoming and accommodating. Take time to look around the common areas such as the ballroom or the mini -museum downstairs that highlights the history of the hotel and Galveston. If you're lucky, you'll get to meet the gracious and esteemed Guest Ambassador, Bobby Hilton who has worked at the Galvez since he was fourteen. He sometimes gives guided tours of the hotel. Mr.Bobby's genuine smile would soften the hardest soul. If you're interested in "ghost stories" there are some to be had, but nothing spooky here. I do wish I'd been there for Sunday brunch, if only to enjoy the large "terrace" dining room. The dinner I did have in the smaller lobby restaurant was beautifully prepared and delicious. Take advantage of the free shuttle that runs from the hotel to the sister property (The Tremont) near The Strand. The ease and convenience of the Seawall and downtown without parking headaches. The bed was so comfortable- firm mattress, crisp, cool sheets and lots of comfy pillows. Luxurious rain-head shower..... A great getaway.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2015
Pleasant stay
2 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"Awesome Historic Hotel"
Love this hotel!
3 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
The employees were extremely polite and helpful. Service was excellent. Did not have the opportunity to try the restaurants in the hotel, but room service was prompt and the food was good. The prices were very fair. The waiters at the pool were always available, and were happy to provide water at no cost with a smile.
2 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
"4th of July retreat."
Rooms are in need of updating. Lobby and pool area are wonderful. Free bikes to use is a great amenity.
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
"Oldy but not a goody"
Small room for twice the price. And they charge you for everything. Breakfast to Valle parking. I think if could figure it out they'd charge for the elevator too. Beds were full size not queens. Paint chipped carpet nasty. For $200 more than anywhere else, no class...just old.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Before cruise.."
We came to this hotel for our 5 year anniversary before we left for a cruise the next day! Great location, beautiful historic hotel. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jun 24, 2015
Loved everything (except for one thing: pool could have been cleaner). Super staff, wonderful quiet but friendly atmosphere- loved everything else, with a special mention to pool bartender, Ms Lanae, and concierge Mr. Bobby!
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
thomas
"Two Nights at the Hotel Galvez."
We enjoyed the historic hotel right on the beach. The location, hotel, pool, dinning and service were excellent. A wonderful stay.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
"great"
it was great
2 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
DAVID
"Don't let first impressions put you off"
booked Hotel Galvez as couldn't get my first choice hotel in Galveston. I have to admit that I don't like to stay in 'old' hotels and was ready to walk back out of the front door as soon as I had walked in ! My 13yr old also commented that it was 'freaky' and like the Tower of Terror at Disney. we humphed and grumped but decided it was only for 2 nights so to keep the peace, gave up our complaining and got on with it. Room was VERY small and the bathroom felt quite claustrophobic. Virtually impossible for a family of 4 to maneuver around. I also felt the hotel corridors had an old musty damp smell but nobody else seemed to notice that. that being said, the room was clean and the air con kept it comfortable enough despite the size. Ate in the restaurant once and it was fantastic. the food and the service were second to none. Pool area was lovely too and not too busy. all in all despite my first impressions I have to admit the hotel was a lovely place to stay and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. Would I stay again ? probably not but that's just my personal want for airy, open, modern hotels.
2 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Fiona
Very nice & private
1 night trip with friends Jun 3, 2015
great food, great pool, great service! The staff is professional. Top notch service!
2 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Amber
Awesome stay. Always clean, pool is nice. Very nice staff! Had our wedding here 5 years ago and we come back every year.
1 night romance trip Jun 9, 2015
"First Wedding Anniversary"
Hotel was beautiful and service was good. Asked for a room with a refrigerator and also if there was a cd/dvd player. Was told all rooms have these amenities but they do not. Had to have a refrigerator delivered and electric will not allow for use of cd/dvd players. Also, paid additional for gulf view but only given a partial view. Pool and spa were wonderful. Free use of bicycles, undercover parking. Overall a wonderful stay. It was my first anniversary and really wanted/needed the cd player.
3 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
"Great stay, great staff!"
Our room wasn't ready when we arrived or at the time they quoted so they upgraded us to a full ocean view instead of a partial ocean view. The staff was very friendly, hotel was nice, comfy beds! Rooms could have been a little bigger but over all very nice
2 night family trip Jun 7, 2015
Brent
"We had a great trip and the Hotel is beautiful!"
We had a really great time- hotel is very beautiful.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
Stacey
"Best place to stay on the Island"
We always have a great stay here. The Spa and pool are the best we have experienced.
3 night family trip May 31, 2015
"Earns its reputation..."
A luxurious experience at a timeless classic.
2 night romance trip Jun 2, 2015
"Gálvez stay before we boarded our cruise"
Beautiful hotel and the staff was amazing.
1 night family trip May 31, 2015
"RELAXATION AWAITS YOU"
It was a great place to enjoy nostalgia, the beach, and still be close enough to do the things we wanted.
3 night romance trip May 31, 2015
"disappointed by the size of the room we got"
Our room was extremely small and that's why I don't give a 5 star rating... we were jammed in it
1 night romance trip May 31, 2015
Daniela
"Historic grandeur"
Awesome! Impeccable service. Super friendly. Gorgeous hotel.
2 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"Awesome stay"
Very friendly and helpful staff.
1 night family trip May 27, 2015
Marcus
"Great 50th Wedding Anniversary"
When I made the reservation, I made a casual comment that we were staying for our 50th wedding anniversary. Upon check-in, we were very pleased that we had been upgraded to a very nice ocean-view room. We very pleased with the excellent Sunday Brunch. The selection of foods was great, and EVERYTHING we tried was prepared to perfection (the Eggs Benedict were perfect, the shrimp was tender... not "chewy" or overcooked, etc.). WE just might have to come back next year for our 51st anniversary!!
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Roger
"Beautiful but pricey, a bit overrated"
The hotel is beautiful, historic, grand, right on the beach--definitely a pleasure to stay at in the grand scheme. However, the desk staff we encountered were a little rude. Also, EVERYTHING here is an additional charge, so be prepared to spend even more money. Parking is $17 a night, and the only other option is a scary-looking self-park garage across the street. The basic King rooms are SMALL; we barely had enough room to unfold our baby's pack n play. Room service, vending machines, pool side drinks, etc are all extremely expensive. Pool area is great but it gets crowded easily. We didn't do it because of expense but the brunch spread looks incredible. All in all, a great place to stay if you have plenty of money to spend, but a bit overrated in my opinion..."grand" and "historic" don't mean much if your guests don't feel comfortable and appreciated.
1 night family trip May 25, 2015
"Beautiful historic hotel"
Beautiful hotel with history and character to match. Great restaurant within. My room was comfortable with a full gulf view which I would recommend. The only fault I found was that the walls are thin so that we could hear the people next to us. But we plan to return for a weekend visit next year.
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Norma
"beautiful"
WONDERFUL old hotel in excellent shape
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
Angela
"Loved our stay!"
Would definitely stay here again. Nice room. A lot of history. Nice staff.
1 night romance trip May 17, 2015
"Great Escape"
Best place to stay in Galveston. It is centrally located and well maintained. There is no place I would rather stay.
2 night romance trip May 12, 2015
Jefferey
"Really wonderful"
Fun and enjoyable
2 night romance trip May 11, 2015
"Too Cramped for 4 people"
I have always wanted to stay at Hotel Galvez. I decided to spend the $400.00 for one night, as a "Mothers Day" gift for myself and my 80 year old mom and 2 granddaughters . When we got to the front desk at 4:00pm Saturday. I had to wait for my room to be cleaned and make ready. It was way too crowded with a wedding going on in the lobby. When we got to our room, was disappointment at the size, way too small, with 2 double beds. With one chair for 4 people. Had no table, no ceiling fan. Took a while to get the small room cooled.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Becky
"Galveston Trip"
Excellent hotel. The pool is beautiful and relaxing. The pool bar was pretty busy and need additional bartenders however they were still pretty quick.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2015
Helen
"Not worth the price"
The manager of the hotel was beyond rude. The rooms are not nearly as clean and kept up like they should be. Won't be returning.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Staff is the best!"
The friendliest, most accommodating staff I've ever encountered.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Emily
"Why would you not stay here?"
Absolutely perfect! The view is amazing and the atmosphere completely relaxed. All the staff were impeccable. The head of security engaged my wife and I in a conversation about the haunted history and ended up giving us each a book on the hotel. Will definitely be staying here again.
1 night romance trip Mar 22, 2015
"Galvez Lives On!"
Still the best luxury hotel on the island. Great ambiance, dining and service.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Warren
"My stay."
The only place I stay while in Galveston. Stayed in one of what appears to be a remodeled room. WOW.
2 night romance trip Apr 8, 2015
gary
"Love Hotel Galvez!"
Best hotel experience!
2 night trip Apr 3, 2015
JOHNNY
"Recommended"
Very friendly team, just in front of the beach
2 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
Bernd
"Loved it!!!"
Went for my bachelorette party and it was so much fun and extremely beautiful
1 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2015