All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here2024 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX, 77550, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"perfect location"
Beautiful hotel at perfect location!
1 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
Vivek
"Expensive noise!"
There were two wedding parties being held the night we stayed and these went on late into the night with noisy guests in the hallways until early hours of the morning. Hotel parking was poorly signposted AC was very noisy. Price greatly elevated due to Ironman race in town
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"Beautiful hotel"
Overall, it is a beautiful hotel. There are a few areas that are showing wear and could use an update.The lobby, bar and restaurant area is too cold. We ate breakfast there one morning but the temperature made it so unpleasant, we didn't eat there again. We wanted to go down and have a drink at the bar but the temperature was so uncomfortably cold that we just went up stairs to our room.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
Kathleen
"too high cost for too small room"
The room was really small and older as to be expected. I thought the cost was too high for what we received. I will probably try a different hotel next time.
1 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
"Weekend Getaway"
Great place for weekend getaway. Room was small but very comfortable. Bed was also comfortable. Great view of Gulf. Pool was heated and weather was not too nice but still able to enjoy the water. Staff at swim up bar were very friendly and helpful.
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Lawrence
"Galveston Weekend"
very nice weekend. the Sunday brunch was wonderful and excellent service.
1 night romance trip Apr 18, 2015
"History & Apathy"
A beautiful historic hotel on the beach with apathetic unknowledgeable staff.
1 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
"Beautiful grounds and exterior."
Beautiful hotel in excellent location. Grounds are well maintained and enhance the grand feeling upon arrival. Rooms are a bit small but quite comfortable. Ocean view rooms are worth extra cost. Only complaint I have is the remodeling underway when we arrived which cluttered the already narrow hallway and made it dusty so allergies were aggravated.
2 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
Rosa
"Overall Rating - POOR"
When I arrived and settled in on 3/24, I sat down at the desk in the room and noticed dirty socks that were not mine. I immediately called the front desk and informed them that socks from the previous guest were still in my room. The front apologized and said someone would be up IMMEDIATELY to remove the leftover item. FORTY minutes later a hotel worker came to my room and had no idea why. On Thursday 3/26 I requested a wake up call for the morning. Thank goodness I set my alarm on my phone because the wake up call never happened. I did call down to the front desk to find out what happened with not much of a response except "sorry, guess we missed it". I was traveling on business and also experienced a drunk patron sitting in the hallway outside her door at 4am arguing with her boyfriend. Overall, this was not an experience that I wish to have again. I was not thrilled with how situations were handled and that excuses were given versus genuine apologies. The highlight was the valet staff. My car was always pulled and ready to go and the workers were polite and professional.
3 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
cynthia
"Spring Break Get-Away"
Great get-away with moms and kids!
2 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
Robin
"Hotel Galvez made our first trip to Galveston perf"
Hotel Galvez was absolutely beautiful! Loved it! Great location in Galveston and gorgeous old, historic hotel. Room was very nice. Pool area awesome and good food poolside. Room service dessert had 2 thumbs up from each little girl. We walked up and down the seawall, did Pleasure Pier, and bikes. And when things weren't close enough to walk, easy parking with in and out at the garage. Great experience overall!
2 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
"Ok stay"
Was not happy that the pool and hot tub were closed and for weeks prior without being told until check-in. I was not granted a discount upon request.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Craig
"None"
Very happy
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
HA
"Satisfaction"
Great Hotel, Great location..we were able to walk to pier. Only drawback was that room was advertised King bed with roll-out bed but there was no roll-out.
1 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Diana
"weekend away"
Great weekend getaway. Hotel is beautiful and service was great.
3 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Alan
"Old class on the gulf."
This is a beautiful old hotel. In very good condition. Like most old hotel the rooms are pretty small. The weather wasn't nice so that became a factor.
4 night family trip Mar 3, 2015
Gordon
"Very Satisfied!"
I stayed for a family event, room was perfect... and I always look forward to their breakfast buffet!!!
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
Ruben
"Luxury, Comfort, and Style!"
The Hotel Galvez made you feel that you were in 1940's luxury! The lobby/bar/restaurant area is beautiful, and inviting! We had a drink in the bar simply because we wanted to sit in the comfort of that all that gorgeous space. Our room was very nice - one of the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in. The location is ideal. We had easy access to the ocean and the seawall for walking on the beach, and were close to everyplace we wanted to visit. Of course, this is a small island so nothing is very far away! We would stay here again.
2 night romance trip Mar 2, 2015
"Very Pleased"
Our trip was spur of the moment, but it was so easy to book, get there, check in, and get to our room. We will definitely be staying here again.
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
Arika
"Comments - Hotel Galvez"
The building itself is beautiful, the large, open lobby with piano is great. But the room we stayed in was very, very small and cramped and not in that great a condition. The hallways, elevator and other interior furnishings and finishes were not kept in the best shape. We wondered how the hotel received a 5-star rating; if it was some other property beside the historic and grand Galvez, it wouldn't.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Expectations too high"
The hotel is beautiful and the history is awesome. First our ac unit was broken at 52 degrees and the maintenance guy came and basically told us he didn't know how to fix it but to just turn it off. Lastly, I was charged twice... Ugh and the charge that was supposedly fixed is still in the account. I had to talk to the same person three times and one other. It wouldn't have been too much of a bother but it was our honeymoon and we heard wonderful things about the hotel so we wanted to take a chance... I should have stayed at the treemont inn. Oh well.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Carolyn
"Getaway with the kiddos."
We had 2 rooms. 217 was big and roomy with 2 queen beds. 209 was cramped and far less roomy, also with 2 queen beds. I guess it all depends on the luck of the draw in regards to room type. The stay was great. The beds were comfy, bathrooms just fine. Each room had a fridge, flat screen TV. One super neat thing: The lights for the entire suite (bathroom, entry, living space, bed) were controlled with a small remote control by the bed. I've travelled LOTS in my day and never saw anything like this before. Super convenient with on/off/reading settings. Now, I need to wire my whole house this way!
2 night family trip Feb 18, 2015
"best hotel in galveston"
great hotel; old and historic with a lot of charm. room was great, pool and spa was wonderful, bathroom small but to be expected with age of hotel. bartender suprisingly did not mix drinks very well. piano man was delightful
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
This was my valentine gift to my wife. Big hit! There's a whole lot of history in this place!
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
"My DISAPPOINTING stay in Galveston."
The hotel was beautiful, BUT the room was the size of my walk in closet at home. I spent near $400. a night to sleep in my closet. Not happy at all with the room. We were as far away from the exit as we could get. You know, maybe I should have ask my friends around the Hotel before booking. I definitely will next time. I see the San Luis resort is almost 1/2 the cost and they have balconies on their rooms. Enough SAID!
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
Terry
""The" place to stay on Galveston Island!"
A wonderful stay complete with a very attentive staff, beautiful room and lobby, a great parking facility, outstanding exercise room and...............it is located across the street from the ocean. The only thing that was missing was a microwave. It is "the" place to stay on Galveston Island!
3 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Nice getaway to winter Galveston"
Nice getaway. First time for my wife in Galveston and she loved it.
3 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Great!"
It was a wonderful stay. The hotel, service and rooms were great. The only thing was they windows did not have a good seal on them; you could hear and feel the air coming in. This did not effect my stay, but is not the most efficient for utilities - just wanted to let you know.
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Wonderful stay."
Beautiful hotel. Wonderful customer service! Excellent location. Would stay again.
3 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
Cathy
"Great place"
Bed was great!! Room service great! Will go back when it warms up.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
We stayed here before going on a cruise. Beautiful hotel and everyone was so accommodating and helpful. We paid for one night of parking and took their shuttle to the dock and they kept our car in covered parking for the length of the cruise at no charge. When we arrived back the shuttle picked us up and the hotel had our car waiting for us. I will stay here every time I go on a cruise from now on.
1 night family trip Jan 21, 2015
"Coming back"
We stayed for one night before our cruise but definitely want to return to actually stay and enjoy the hotel. Gorgeous hotel and great location!
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"Anniversary weekend"
Hotel was very clean and is very beautiful from the outside. Once inside it is also very clean and the room was very clean. I was just very dissapointed in the room size. I felt like I was in a cracker box. If we had been any bigger we would not have fit on the toilet! Also couldn't believe we had to pay for coffee in the lobby after we had came back from a walk.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
"Galveston weekend family getaway"
A great hotel stay for my family. The location is great and within walking distance of the Pleasure Pier and several quality seafood restaurants. The only drawback is that the rooms are small. The dining room is amazing, especially with the ice sculpture that was at the supper meal. My grandson loved the heated pool (we were able to swim outdoors during January). If you have time visit the basement and see the historical exhibit from the hotel. This is the original building that dates from 1911 and it has preserved the feel of that era well. You won't be disappointed if you stay at the Galvez.
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2015
"Girls weekend!"
wonderful time. The valet service was exceptional. We'll be back soon!
2 night family trip Jan 13, 2015
"there is no fridge and room is small only one chai"
The room is small and there is no fridge. There is only one chair in the room.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Wonderful weekend getaway!"
The Gálvez was a beautiful weekend getaway. No complaints. Will definitely be going back.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Great historic hotel"
Stayed at the Hotel Gálvez last weekend with my daughter. The service provided was excellent. The hotel brings you back in time with it's beautiful century-old architecture. The room was small, but the ocean view made up for the space provided. It was clean, comfortable, and tastefully decorated. Gorgeous hotel!
Other trip Jan 16, 2015
Kerrie
"nice little getaway"
It was just a quick overnight stay. The hotel was nice except for the fact the the man in the next room kept me up half the night with his snoring! I'm not exaggerating. I could hear his snores thru the walls and it was louder than husband who was right next to me.
2 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
"Awesome stay!"
Great
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Damian
"Cheer team stay"
Hotel was beautiful, king room was a little small. Felt like a NYC hotel room. Staff and dining was great!
2 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
Christina
"Best Brunch Ever"
This hotel has outstanding service. The brunch was excellent. Will definitely go back.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
Cynthia
Friendly staff and quick check in, modest room and overall a nice stay.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Average Hotel"
As stated before, the only thing staff seemed to talk about was the the 5th floor was haunted due to a lady hanging herself. If it is so important, they should advertise it. Only ppl that were nice were the bus attendances and cleaning service.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Great Getaway!"
Very nice accomodations. Everyone was helpful!
2 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
"Great Experience!"
The hotel is lovely, walking distance to most everything! Romantic, cozy rooms for couples!
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Wes
"Nice hotel - close to everything on the seawall"
It was a quaint hotel but it wasn't eorth $250 a night. The room is about 300-350 sq feet, the bathroom was cramped for two people and the shower is in a traditional bathtub. But we wanted to check out all the hoopla for ourselves. We would stay again but for 1/2 that price. For $250 a night I expected a lot more. The staff was very friendly and very accommodating.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Tanya
"Amazing"
I have always wanted to stay at this hotel and had very high expectations. Every expectation was exceeded and the views were spectacular.
1 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
"galveston"
good hotel. Room rather small for the price.
1 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
george
"Galveston weekend with freinds"
Have stayed at this lovely old hotel before and keep coming back. The atmosphere is elegant & relaxed. I love the view and walking in the sea wall. Sunday brunch is delicious. The staff is very courteous and helpful. Looking forward to my next visit.
1 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2015