All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America
2024 Seawall Blvd, Galveston, TX, 77550, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
  • Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
    Clean
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"Nice, affordable, great location!!!!!"
Hotel is great. Nice service. Great location. Nice bar. Decent food.
2 night business trip Sep 15, 2015
"Lovely hotel"
It was pricey for the room size, but it's an historical hotel with great ambiance. The Pool is fantastic. I loved the Galvez, we will definitely return.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Coty
"Galvestons still fun...!"
Best Hotel ive been in by far... Well except from Caesar in Vegas.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Jacob
"Staff was awful"
Expedia keeps rejecting my review and I'm not saying anything bad... Basically this hotel isn't worth it. The staff was awful and our room was 2 hours late, we couldn't check in for 2 hours after check in time. Stick with the Tremont!!!
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
jennifer
"Great get away"
Have not stayed at the Galvez in Years. Was not disappointed! Had a great time for our 25th anniversary. Hotel lobby is great with great live entertainment in front of the bar. Rooms have been redone, but not lost their charm. Service was excellent, and pool area great. Perfect location on the seawall with the strand strait down the 21ST street that runs next to the hotel.
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
"Very nice facility with a few failures"
This was a weekened getaway from Houston. The Hotel is in very good shape considering how long it's been in Business. It's been renovated very nicely. Common areas are excellent and the swimming pool is a very nice place to relax with excellent service. The two negatives were the beds, which are not the best for what you expect in a hotel like that. The matress has a cover which slips out of place and the pillows are not good quality. Second negative is that we had to call to get bar soap the second day we stayed. This should never happen in a hotel of this level. The service from hotel to hotel to other wyndham facilities is not consistent. Driver made us wait 20 minutes past the established hour.
2 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
"Excellent beachfront"
We just went for a weekend getaway. Great hotel location. Sunday brunch was excellent.
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Anand
"It was just OK"
This hotel is very pretty from the outside and lobby, but even the upgraded room was so small and dated. The pool area is wonderful and very relaxing with a swim up bar. My biggest complaint was the food. We had 2 meals here and both times I was hoping for decent food. The fish tacos came out and the fish was slimy and chewy, like chicken fat. It was inedible, fishy, and I was worried it would make me sick after one bite. My husbands lunch was just average at best, but at least he got to eat it. Overall, there are better places and I won't return to Gálvez.
Other trip Sep 10, 2015
leslie
"Labor Day Get-Away"
Beautiful hotel and an awesome staff - we will be back very soon
1 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
"Mini break"
Great spot for a mini break - friendly staff and a hotel with nice character
3 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
"Luxury!"
Would love to stay there again. The staff went above and beyond with attentiveness. One exception - I was in the room when maid service was going to clean, and I asked them to come back in 15 minutes when I was out; they never came back. The pool was one of the best parts of the stay with the swim up bar. It had a very private AWESOME resort comfort. The Sunday brunch was one of the best experiences EVER.
2 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
Janell
Small rooms
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Jorge
Beautiful historical hotel. Bobby gave us an extremely informative tour - you must take one if you stay. The brunch on Sunday was worth every penny. Delicious food in a beautiful setting. Excellent service morning till night.
3 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
"Quick trip"
The rooms was to small! Everything else was great!
1 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
"Relaxing Retreat"
The hotel was beautiful, full of wonderful southern charm. It rained the two days we were there so we read by the pool and in the lobby overlooking the beach, it provided so much relaxation, we were very pleased. Located right across from the beach so we were able to cross the street and stroll the sandy shores in the evening after the rained cleared away. The food and drinks in the hotel were pricey, but that was to be expected for this type of hotel. The girls in the Spa were amazing, it was our first time to be in a Hotel Spa, and it was so much fun, we would do it again!
2 night romance trip Aug 31, 2015
Sabrina
Front desk personnel needs more costumer relations training... Room not comfortable for a pricy hotel
2 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
Yes the rooms are a little small but your are there to enjoy the grandeur of another era. Just go with it. We loved the Hotel Galvez. Sorry it took me 67 years to enjoy it!
2 night romance trip May 4, 2015
"Great area"
The hotel was very clean with helpful staff. The weather was a bummer every day but we made the best of it. I still am a bit confused on my bill from dinner the other night. I could have swore it was $93ish. When i looked at bank account, $123 was billed. Also was disappointed to learn during checkout that valet was $51. I was never told there was a charge.
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
"Our Key Card Maker is Down...Again"
They couldn't make key cards. Told me that they would call when their machine that made key cards was functioning again. They called me and told me that they could now make key cards. I went back and asked for the key card to my room and was told that once again, the key card making machine was broken. I was upset. I asked for my reservation to be cancelled because who knew when they could make key cards again, or how long that would last if it did get fixed. I ask another member of the staff if I could get my valet parking that I had done mere moments ago comped. I explained my situation to her and she told me that I could actually have gotten into my room. They had someone who had a master key. I had to re-book my room, and then found that the room was not 5 star quality at all.
Other trip Sep 2, 2015
"Historical + Modern"
Did a girls weekend, hang out by the pool, etc. The history of the hotel is so cool. They've done an amazing job of marrying the historical feel & making it still feel modern. Would definitely go back!
2 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2015
"Luxury at it's best !!"
AWESOME!
3 night romance trip Aug 24, 2015
We really enjoyed the personalized service. The two names that come to mind would be Jenny and Nanette. They made our evening wonderful
1 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
"Very nice historic hotel directly on seawall"
Very nice historic hotel directly on seawall. Lobby and grounds are beautiful. Hotel staff was friendly and the amenities available at hotel are numerous. Our room was clean and comfortable (although very small). It is probably worth the extra $ to get a room with ocean view, as "city view" is nothing to look at. Can easily walk across the street to the beach. Food at hotel can be expensive ($40 for breakfast for 2), but there are other options close by. The pool area is beautiful and tropical looking.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
KR
"Great hotel, even greater customer service"
This hotel was great. The customer service was great. I was treated like royalty from the moment I stepped into the hotel. It had a very lovely atmosphere, classical music and a great bar area. This hotel is conveniently located infront of the beach and next to pleasure pier. The hotel room was also very nice, especially the beds. My only problem was the shower. The tub needed to be resurfaced. Other than that my over all experience was great. I will be returning here again.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
Abdrea
"Worth every penny"
I booked this hotel soley after seeing the pool; the other hotel pools on the seawall didn't compare. It was great, a saltwater pool that we loved swimming in besides the ocean. The staff was professional, genuinely nice, & consistent. Can't wait to rebook. The only thing that was a downside was the bed, it left my back feeling a little stiff.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
"Disappointment with a fancy hotel"
The Galvez is very nice from the outside but the inside is definitely showing it's age. The room was tiny just enough room for the bed and TV stand probably the smallest we have been in overall. The bathroom tub did not drain very well and the chalking was moldy. The Sunday night rate was not bad but those staying on a Friday or Saturday night the room would not be worth the price.
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
Wonderful, beautiful and historic hotel. See the concierge for a first hand history of the Hotel and the island. He's been working here since he was 14. He's 82 now!
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
"Well located, fair services"
The hotel is well located by the seawall. The hotel is clean, functional. The exhaust system in the room´s bathroom was noisy. I expected more hotel for my money.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Jose
"Quick Get Away"
Nice hotel but the activities were low (not a whole lot going on in the pool area or the grounds). Rooms were not equip to handle video games since the TV's were actually mounted in the wall. Was a little disappointed with the spa (could not use the sauna after working out unless you had an appt. with the spa).
4 night business trip Aug 22, 2015
SHARON
"nice hotel and close to everything we needed."
The only issue we had the whole week was we were next to the house keeping so things got very noisy and loud early so sleeping much past 7:30am was not going to happen. Everything else was great. The pool was great and food was very good. All of the staff were friendly and very helpful.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
Ross
"Birthday Getaway for our son"
Our sleeping area was nice, however the bathroom was much too small for the amount of money ($805.00 for 2 nights) that was charged. We have stayed at The Galvez multiple times and have never experienced such a small area. We were in Galveston for an extended weekend to celebrate our son's birthday. Greatly disappointed in the size of the bathroom..
2 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Beach stay..it for sure was not ,4 star"
Bathroom was old tub was old with mildew on tiles and dirty. 2:00 am a kid was opening and closing a door and running up and down hall way till 5:00 am..he always was constantly playing with ice machine. Near our room ..not a pleasant stay was to tired to drive home.. desk was informed of our troubles Sid nothing for us or offer a discount on stay or furture stay.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"Historic with all the Modern Amenities"
Very pleased with our first stay in this historic hotel. You feel like you're back in time and yet the amenities and updates are there. Be sure and visit Bobby Hilton, the official "Ambassador" who started there in 1949, and also the history room downstairs. Pool is also great. This will now be our hotel of choice in Galveston.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
"Nice place. Good location"
Room wasn't what I was expecting. Internet made it seem much bigger then it really is. Still was a nice room and would for sure stay there again.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Perfect"
I have made many trips to Galveston and have probably stayed at every decent hotel on the seawall. I booked this hotel on my 5th trip to Galveston this summer and I finally found the hotel that I like and will be staying in from now on. This hotel is very beautiful and clean. The staff is super friendly and I love sitting in the lobby at night and listening to the piano. I booked two rooms , one king bed and one double queen. The king was a little smaller than the double queen room. The rooms had a frig , flat screen T.V, coffee maker and hair dryer. The beds were very comfortable and we didn't hear any outside noise or noise from the room next to us like some hotels that have thin walls. The pool was salt water and the hot tub was great. There is a swim up bar and you can order food by the pool. There are misting fans to keep you cool while you lounge on the pool chairs. There is a shuttle bus that runs every hour on the hour that takes you to the strand or pier 21. There is also free bike rentals too. Millers is within walking distance and they have good food, breakfast too. I love this hotel and will be back.
1 night family trip Aug 17, 2015
teresa
One of favorite places in Galveston! Amazing service!!!
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Cara
Beautiful hotel, friendly staff ,great location, Will definitely be back. Area review of title
2 night romance trip Aug 13, 2015
"Nice!"
Nice stay. Pool was a little small and room a little small, but overall, beautiful grounds, and service was excellent.
2 night romance trip Aug 12, 2015
Mary L
"Great stay at Galvez"
Everything was great. We only stayed one night but had a very nice time. The staff was very friendly, the hotel was very clean and even with being such an old hotel, was very well taken care of. Everything about our room was nice and comfortable. We self-parked and didn't get breakfast/room service so I can't comment on valet or the food. The pool area was very nice, also. The swim-up bar closed at 7 which I thought was way too early. Located right by the seawall/beach, loved the history hallway downstairs, free bike rental, and pretty well everything. We plan on going back for a longer stay in the future.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Kyle
"Super!!!"
Wonderful getaway with my daughter and granddaughter
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Melinda
"Look no further...you've found the best!"
Hotel Gálvez is always our pick in Galveston. It is a breathtaking historic hotel. You won't find another like it. It's central location is within minutes from great food, and shopping, and directly across the street from the sea wall.
3 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
Wonderful historic place to stay! Beds very comfortable!
1 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
Katrina
Rooms small and old for four hundred a night. I expected more. Pool area was very nice.
3 night family trip Aug 13, 2015
"1 day getaway"
Ask the desk for a special hotel tour. Mr. Bobby is great! The pool is a great place to relax. The restaurant was surprisingly reasonably priced and yummy.
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Overpriced, and the service was poor."
This hotel looks nice but the prices are too high for the service, also the rooms are very small. TV only have like 20 local channels, I was specting more for a hotel that expensive my major complain is the valet parking those people almost give my car to someone else.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
daniel
"ok, but not worth $315 a night"
The rooms are small but clean; the common areas on nice but not clean; the pool area is nice but to small and also bordering on dirty.
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
We loved the hotel and will definitely go back!!
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Kate
"Great place for rest and relaxation"
We chose The Gálvez for a mini honeymoon and were very pleased with our choice. The Staff was courteous and helpful our entire stay. The SPA experience was amazing. We forgot we were in the heat of Texas...it was a true relaxing getaway.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Anthony
It was a nice stay. However it seems to need touching up especially around the entrance. Gum spots all over the pavement. Not really kept very clean. It is hard to believe that you are still using manual front doors. A bit un-handy. This is the 4th year in a row I have been there in the summer. This is the first year I've had to pay to use the computers, not friendly. Friday night I stayed in a Courtyard in Corpus that had automatic front doors and the computers were free. It was also almost half the price. But I must say your restaurant is great! Not all negative. A W Brown
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
"Sheer Perfection"
Everything and everybody was over the top. The hotel staff was so polite and there for you at anytime. Location of hotel was close to the beach,shopping and food. We Will be back over and over.
5 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015