All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America

Great wellness & sports facilities
    Great pool
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"Beware of the remodel or construction"
We just stayed there for 1 night, had been to Galveston several times before and never had the chance to stay as it was always full. Well.. finally got the opportunity and everything was good till the next morning, there was some sort of remodeling or construction going on, it started at 8am the noise was very loud. Could not sleep anymore, called the front desk and they gave me another room but to be honest my stay was spoiled already beyond repair.. When I checked out they did not ask me if everything had been ok with our stay.. wich it was obviously not. Very nice hotel but very disappointed at customer satisfaction
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2016
Mario
Great
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
ronnie
Grand Hotel, great location for touring Galveston.
1 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
"Spa getaway"
Went for one night with my daughter. We visited the Spa and just enjoyed the beautiful surroundings of the hotel. Although the weather was poor, just hanging out in the hotel was great! I highly recommend the Spa!
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2015
"Galvez forever (or until the ocean covers it up)"
The plush bed, the heated pool, the nicely appointed room, the historic trappings of Galveston's grand hotel, the instant access to the Gulf of Mexico across Seawall Blvd., all on what amounted to an overcast spring day at the end of December -- it is all enough to make up for the gigantic but blah Xmas 2015 buffet. So, always look forward to a stay at the Galvez, but head elsewhere for your meal. Convenience and inclusive wine does not make up for what is still just a lot of food sitting around in chafing dishes, which is never the optimum food situation. Sorry Galvez that I love, can't ever return to rubber chicken land with you.
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2015
"Galvez review"
The hotel is very historically beautiful. We were there at Christmas so we did not swim although the pool area is very nice. We were disappointed in the housekeeping service. We were there 4 nights and our sheets were changed maybe once. The room was never vacuumed. We saw they used a broom to sweep the carpet in one room. We did not dine there. It was nice not to pay for parking although they do have valet.
4 night romance trip Dec 23, 2015
"Epic Security fail"
We were Locked out of our hotel by security for no apparent reason. Hotel manager could not make amends. Terrible experience over the holiday weekend coming to the hotel with tired children and waiting for over an hour and a half for room to be unlocked and housekeeping g services at 10 pm
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
Gabriel
"First class"
We were in Galveston for a wedding. This hotel is a quick walk from the 'Pleasure Pier' and Murdock's and immediately across the street from the Gulf waters. The adjacent street was a quick way to get to the historic city center. Our room was petit, but comfortable. Don't bring a lot of luggage.
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2015
"Close to everything."
Staff was very attentive. Close to everything. ............
Other trip Dec 17, 2015
"Nice Getaway!"
My husband and I had a great time at this hotel. It has the old charm feel but with updated rooms. The in-room dining we ordered was quick, fresh, and filling. Overall a great room with comfortable beds and a nice view of the beach and pleasure pier.
1 night romance trip Dec 14, 2015
Kerry
Did not get extra blankets and pillows like we asked. Bed is uncomfortable. Room is small. Heater kind of loud.
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2015
Lizeth
"Beautiful hotel all the way around!!"
We attended a wedding at the hotel, so we stayed there as well. Beautiful property and facility overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. Pool was so inviting. Large bar area in the hotel. Self Parking across the street.
1 night trip with friends Nov 20, 2015
Sherri
"Unrestful sleep"
This historic hotel is lovely.The staff is friendly and helpful. Our room was small and was located in a corner. There was no thermostat in the room to modify the temperature and we were very warm the entire stay. The bedding and especially the pillows were quite uncomfortable. Between the temperature and the pillows we were both unable to get restful sleep. This room was expensive for the off season considering the quality of the room and the poor sleep.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
Sherrie
"Nice hotel, but small rooms."
I paid $199 for a partial view room. When we checked in, the desk attendant tried to tell me the view was an "upgrade" they just handed us. Not so, but I was polite when I told them so. Don't know if they took offense, but the room we go was TINY and had an overwhelmingly partial view. Place was beautiful, though, and staff was very accommodating otherwise.
Other trip Dec 7, 2015
TxAdmin
"Thanksgiving Getaway"
Thanksgiving Weekend Getaway Fantastic Brunch Very Nice Hotel
1 night romance trip Nov 27, 2015
Donald
We had a wonderful night at the Hotel Galvez! There was great music in the bar when we returned from dinner, and I had the most delicious vodka martini, ever! The bed in our room super comfortable, and my husband especially loved the bathroom shower. We will be back for sure!
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
"Great hotel with the best spa!"
The hotel was great and the spa was amazing!!!!
1 night trip with friends Nov 21, 2015
Glori
"Beautiful Hotel"
Beautiful hotel and plan to stay again soon. they have the absolute BEST Sunday brunch I've ever had!
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
"Relaxing hotel for a luxurious getaway"
Beautiful hotel. The spa is amazing
3 night romance trip Nov 8, 2015
Allison
"Great visit but Wifi problems"
We stay at the Galvez regularly. This time the only issue was the WiFi.
2 night business trip Oct 30, 2015
Marc
"Classy and comfotable"
Very classy. Room size is on the small size but elegant
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2015
Marvin
Overall, great stay. Beautiful historic hotel. Huge pool. Great location. Room a little small but comfortable. Close to everything. There was a big storm. So unfortunately brunch that is supposed to be one of the best in TX got cancelled. Housekeeping missed cleaning my room one day.
6 night trip Oct 21, 2015
"Rainy weekend"
Nice hotel and staff. Very disappointed they canceled Sunday brunch due to the storm.
2 night romance trip Oct 23, 2015
I went to Galveston for a reunion with 2 of my best friend from 30 years ago, when we all lived in Galveston. The Gálvez was our hang out in those days and it was the perfect place to meet after all this time. The only negative, I asked for a cup of coffee while waiting for my friends and was served a lukewarm coffee for $ 3.75. I would have expected a free coffee in a place like that.
3 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2015
Ingrid
"Shprt but Sweet"
Although our stay was marred by my husband having to go to the hospital for an emergency, we both enjoyed our time at the Hotel Galvez and are looking forward to our next stay. We are especially looking forward to the adirondack chairs overlooking the gulf in the evening.
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
debbie
I love the hotel, O hope to come back and stay more time
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
itchell
"Perfect beginning to our vacation!"
One word: Fabulous!
1 night family trip Oct 14, 2015
"Grand Hotel"
Always a pleasure to stay at the Galvez - friendly staff and ready to help -
1 night romance trip Oct 14, 2015
"beautiful hotel"
Beautiful hotel Location is good Service was great Small rooms,good for single or couple
2 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2015
Maria
"Car damaged while staying here"
Rated overall a 1 because damage was done to our car in the valet parking and we are waiting to hear if they will fix it. Have a feeling they are not taking responsibility for it.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
justin
"Galvez After Cruise"
Stayed one night after a cruise. It was very comfortable and the rooms can be had at a resonable rate. Thought the restaurant was a bit overpriced for what you got. Other than that, it was an excellent place to stay.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2015
Overpriced.
1 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2015
"Not really 4 Star quality"
Perhaps the more expensive rooms have been updated/cleaned. But the room we were in hasn't and isn't a 4 star accommodation. In addition it's not much larger than an outside cruise ship room. The pool and spa are nice.
2 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015
Paula
"Enjoyable"
35 annv
2 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
guy
"Short Get-Away........"
We enjoyed the ambience of the hotel, older but, well maintained. The rooms are very small for what you pay, but we survived. Pool area nice! High quality amenities, comfy beds with high count bedding, in room coffee, tea. Overall our stay was pleasant.
2 night romance trip Oct 5, 2015
Mary Lou
"Ocean view room-too small"
Hotel is elegant and old, king size bedroom super small, restroom outdated and super small too, the "ocean view" window was blocked with furniture, the only chair was under??? the TV...sorry I didn't take photos..Good location thou, next time will stay at a different hotel.
Other trip Oct 8, 2015
Alma
"Historical gem close to the beach!"
Great service, amazing history, and beautiful facility with awesome amenities! We loved the courtesy bikes to tour Galveston! King sized room was a little small, but we never were in the room for more than sleeping/getting ready for the day!
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
Tiffany
when we arrived the valet man pulled on the door so hard that it knocked my wife"s purse out on the ground, and then he was not able to get the clothes out of the car had to ask someone else to do it and then he lets me carry them in to lobby, no hotel cart. my wife is in side waiting for me, and the hotel clerk says to my wife , what you want ? What happen to, hello ,may i help you.
Other trip Oct 5, 2015
"Say what!"
Great Hotel, drinks are expensive and the bath tub had been painted and the paint was coming off. Beside that great place!
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
"Pay for 4 stars, get 3 stars"
You get a three-star hotel stay for the price of four stars. Although the location is prime and the hotel has a great deal of history, the room we were in was very small, had no fridge, no balcony and the windows did not open. The hallways have an old feel to them and during our stay smelled like Indian food. Also, breakfast was not included in the price of the stay. However, the hotel lobby looks great and the building is very majestic from the outside. I would stay there again but during the week, when the price per night is more than twice lower than during the weekend.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Miroslav
Any place near P 1/2 Street must be fun. We would not stay anywhere in Galveston but your hotel, that being said our room (206) shared a common door with room 218, and we could hear every word and noise from the other side of the door. Which means they could hear every word and noise from our side of the door. Soundproofing the door is a must before you stay in either of these rooms.
3 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
"Very nice stay"
Room was a little small but served it's purpose.
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Kenneth
"Galvez"
Except for a couple of the doormen, the staff were very helpful and friendly. I was never able to reach the concierge - he was nowhere to be seen , not answered the phone when I needed him. The Sunday brunch was to die for, and Louella our server was terrific. The room was small, but comfortable. I wish it had furniture with drawers (maybe a small dresser?) to unload our suitcases into, and not just the closet for hang-ups. Also, the tub had spots in it (maybe paint??). Very good fitness room downstairs. Although the dumbells only are up to 50 lbs. they have machines you can use instead if that's your thing. The downstairs lobby & common areas are old world and very tastefully decorated. I've heard it's a haunted hotel but nothing like that happened to us. Overall a very good experience.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
Buzz
"The best for last"
The service was excellent. Right across Seawall Blvd. the view is great. This is a must if you are into Texas History. Being the last week of summer and the weather was beautiful Galveston was busy. It seems everyone had a good time.
3 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
I absolutely loved the hotel.. the food was awesome too! Very relaxing. Great pool and good service. We will definitely be back!!
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Cheyenne
"Nice, affordable, great location!!!!!"
Hotel is great. Nice service. Great location. Nice bar. Decent food.
2 night business trip Sep 15, 2015
"Lovely hotel"
It was pricey for the room size, but it's an historical hotel with great ambiance. The Pool is fantastic. I loved the Galvez, we will definitely return.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Coty
"Galvestons still fun...!"
Best Hotel ive been in by far... Well except from Caesar in Vegas.
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Jacob
"Staff was awful"
Expedia keeps rejecting my review and I'm not saying anything bad... Basically this hotel isn't worth it. The staff was awful and our room was 2 hours late, we couldn't check in for 2 hours after check in time. Stick with the Tremont!!!
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
jennifer
"Great get away"
Have not stayed at the Galvez in Years. Was not disappointed! Had a great time for our 25th anniversary. Hotel lobby is great with great live entertainment in front of the bar. Rooms have been redone, but not lost their charm. Service was excellent, and pool area great. Perfect location on the seawall with the strand strait down the 21ST street that runs next to the hotel.
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015