All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
181 3rd St, San Francisco, CA, 94103, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great hotel, AWESOME gym!"
The hotel was awesome, as expected, but the real gem is the hotel gym, which is the first hotel gym I have ever WANTED to work out in. Well-cared for, quality equipment, water and apples, and clever and stylish design. I worked out every night I was at the hotel.
3 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
Carl
"good place"
great. Hotel. Stay there. Very cool places. Worth the doe.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Byron
"Short business Trip"
Great hotel with comfortable accommodations and great service.
2 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
"FYI"
All the bathrooms in this hotel have sliding doors with frosted glass. Very poor privacy. Kind of put a damper on the romantic weekend getaway.
4 night trip with friends Dec 10, 2014
"Great - except wifi should be free"
Great room, great service, decent bar, free wifi in lobby - not in room
1 night business trip Jan 5, 2015
Lars
"Great hotel in Soma"
Spent weekend in W SF. Busy bars, great rooms close to some of the tourist attractions in SF. In business district so quiet around area at the weekend but highly recommend it
3 night trip Jan 2, 2015
"Great time"
Pleasant time dining and dancing
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
Nancy D
"small room"
Small room, good design, a good stay
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"Great service!"
few were able to secure a room during one of their slow periods and the cost was less than normal, but more then we are accustomed to paying. It is a great hotel with very comfortable rooms. The highlight of the visit was the service. Every employee went out of their way to help. I wish I could stay there all the time.
3 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
"Weekend getaway"
Construction was a pain in the butt. It was hard to find the hotel even when we knew where it was. Valet was scary- Hotel staff were great
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
Dennis
"w hotel stay"
Hotel was close to shopping, Dinning, and nightlife. The staff was really helpful making dinner reservations for me at trendy upscale restaurant. I give them 10 and would come back anytime
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Kayla
"W - San Francisco"
Have stayed at many W locations over the years. This particular location is showing its age some in worn carpets and overall appearance.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
robert
"Great location. Accessible to all attraction"
Hotel is at walking distance to all attraction. Staff is super nice and accommodating. We came as a group of three families and were accommodated with rooms next to each other. The bar and fire place are very cosy yet modern design. Breakfast at restaurant was great. The bliss spa is as good as NY with professional great technicians. The only draw back are the beds which are not very comfortable, way too soft. We all walk up every morning with a back pain but I guess that's why they have a spa in house. Will definitely go back to this hotel
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
ana
"The best of the best"
This is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The rooms, amenities, service, staff are all the best. The fitness room has been recently updated and the best facility ever seen in a hotel.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
Randy
"Nice hotel. Excellent location."
We had a great weekend. The views from the room was really nice especially during the night. The food at the cafe was pricey but very good.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Superb location"
Great location & service. Carpet, bath fixtures, blinds needed update/repairs. Coffee/tea maker in the room would be really nice.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"The best of the best"
I love staying at The W Hotel, especially at SF location!! Service there is amazing and accommodating. Melissa the front desk hostess was Pleasant friendly and made me feel very welcome.
1 night romance trip Dec 20, 2014
Chantelle
"nope"
Parking is $57 a night
2 night business trip Dec 19, 2014
The bathroom doors are sliders that do not fully close. Very strange.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Not the greatest service"
The wait to check in was quite long. They had three people working, but they kept going into a back room. The line just kept growing and it took forever. Same with getting our car out of valet. We were told 20-25 minutes. It was closer to 45 and then they left the car parked in front and didn't tell us it was there (we were sitting in the lobby waiting for it, so thankfully we were able to see it after a few minutes). For the price, the service wasn't up to par. We had a top floor corner room, which was fine. We didn't have the window seat in our room, like we previously had and really enjoyed, but that was fine.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
"The place to be when in San Francisco"
The staff here are very professional and make sure to meet the visitors need.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Stay lifted
"Nice hotel close to down town"
Liked the hotel, friendly staff. Enjoyed my vication
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
hanan lv travel
"great staff"
Stayed on Thanksgiving last minute after the niners game. Hotel staff was great, bar staff was great the room was clean. Our ac wasnt working so getting to sleep in a cold room after thanksgiving dinner wasnt happening.
1 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2014
"Trendy"
Great trendy hotel !
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
BRANDON
"Fantastic San Francisco location."
Loved this cool and modern hotel. I've been to the Bliss spa many times, but never stayed at the hotel before. We absolutely loved our stay.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Anastasia
"Very nice modern hotel in SF"
Great ambiance and clean room. Can be a little noisy but overall very worth the price.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Jose
"Fun at the W!"
The stay was great parking was a bit expensive. Definitely a great hotel to entertain Friends. The food was great and the chef will take great care of you!
1 night trip with friends Nov 23, 2014
I was expecting a little bit better room for the price. The Staff was wonderful, specially Florina the concierge. She was super helpful, nice and cordial.
3 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Cesar
"Trendy hotel, great location"
My husband and I have stayed here several times and each time we are guaranteed a clean, nice room with a very comfortable bed. The staff is always very courteous and the bar is the coolest!
Dawn
"good"
no free wi fi in the room - other than that everything was great
2 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"Bliss at the W"
Nice night out, got a massage atvthe Bliss salon at the W, relaxed and enjoyed myself.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2014
"W is a party hotel"
There was a party the night of Halloween. No one had informed us this was the case or that the floor we were staying on basically became a frat party. The room next door was up until 4:30am and we had an early departure that day. When I called the concierge at 2am they said they'd take care of it. Clearly that was not the case and when I mentioned it at check out all I got was "I am so sorry to hear that" ... really?!
2 night trip with friends Oct 30, 2014
Rebecca
"Awesome but loud"
Service was impeccable but could hear everything in the next room.
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
"SF October Stay"
Always a good time at the W, appreciate the changing elevator carpets too.
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
"Hip and Trendy"
Very trendy hotel
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
"Fantastic for 2012"
We had a hard time with the TV losing it's connection. The electronic plugins were a cool idea, and would have been great if they were current. No access for iPhone 5. Room service person was great. Coffee was strong. Bed was clean and very comfortable. Really liked the cushioned window sill.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"It's a party room but not really good for family"
Me and my husband stay at W hotel for two nights and I have a female emergency and they didn't have the product at the room and it was really late at night. And the phone in my room was not working. My husband had a hackthon going on for two days and three nights. So I was alone. There are too much alcohol in the room but no family supply. I feel I don't want to stay in this hotel anymore.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
chloe
"Beautiful hotel!"
We were just in town one night for the last Giants game. We were treated well, the room was comfy, the food at Trace was good, and the bar was fun. We were especially impressed with the concierge service - one of the reasons I love the Starwood Hotels.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Phee
"everything was great"
nice hotel in a great location
3 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
"Noisy and late night parties"
For the first time with The W we had a terrible experience. There were parties going on on the rooms next to us until after midnight, the carpet smelled like vomit next morning and there was nothing the front desk could do?
2 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
Marta
"I wouldn't stay again..."
There was never a doorman to open a door. We had to lug our bags in ourselves. We used the lobby restroom after breakfast on a Monday morning and it was covered in vomit from the night before and smelled like it. The front desk did apologize and when I got an email from the manager asking for any feedback or concerns I emailed him. I gave him a week to respond and never received one. My coworker's daughter happened to check in to the W that same weekend and when she saw her tiny room immediately checked out and went to another hotel in the area. I wish I would have had that option because I would have been out of there. We had to wait 15 minutes to get a drink on a not busy night at the bar too!
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Elle
"Nice hotel but strange decor."
Coffee was out in the lobby in the morning so I let them know. Instead of making more they just put it away. For a $300 a night room a free cup of coffee isn't a lot to ask for. Especially since there isn't a coffee maker in the room.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Great hotel close to the convention center"
The experience was wonderful, I would stay in this hotel again
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Super location and Comfort"
We stayed here for the first time after many other stays in SF. Walked to the Ball Park, the Ferry Building, Bloomingdales, and a great restaurant for dinner. What could be better? The room was clean and quiet, nice accoutrements, very nice staff. The bar/lounge service was a little slow, and the lobby area was small and a little crowded. All in all, a wonderful stay!
Ann
Love the W! Always a pleasant stay.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Perect for exploring San Fran"
Rooms are small but comfortable and the location is great walking distance to all of the downtown area.
Brent
"Cleanness part of san Fransico"
Staff bent over backwards to make our stay and experience exceptional .
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
davinci
"W hotel downtown"
The staff were excellent and very accommodating for my needs. I had to change rooms and they included a breakfast voucher and free internet. The room and experience were too notch.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Connor
"WE ALWAYS TRY TO STAY HERE, ITS OUR FIRST CHOICE"
GREAT AS ALWAYS, LOCATION IS GREAT, GREAT STAFF, DECORE IS VERY NICE AND UP TO DATE . WHEN WE ALL MEET UP FOR DRINKS WITH FAMILY OR FRIENDS DOWNSTAIRS WE ALWAYS CHALLENGE EACH OTHER TOO GALAGA OR Ms.PACMAN.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Andy
"Ok hotel - but insane cost for everything"
Stayed at the hotel for about 600 a night for business and hotel still nickel and dimed for the smallest things e.g. internet. Room was clean, but tiny (nothing special). probably will not stay again.
5 night business trip Aug 24, 2014