All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America

• Value
    Poor value for money
    Bad internet service
"Giants game weekend"
Best customer service the staff was amazing. Best creme brûlée ever! Nightstand was sticky and fingerprints on the glass by the TV, otherwise is was perfect.
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2015
It was great!
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
April
"Modern hotel"
The hotel was nice, it's very modern and the workers are nice. When we were leaving the maid said "good morning, have a great day today." That was nice. The only bad part was they didn't have wifi in the rooms unless you sign up for their program. I signed up for the program online and still could not get the free wifi. I believe hotels should just have free wifi for their guests.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Bre
Great location and good value for the price. Only complaint was the crowded and dark lobby....not family friendly!
8 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Christine
"Great Hotel and Staff!"
The rooms are very clean and nice! The staff is very friendly. But note that the lobby/bar area is pretty much a night club in the evenings. Loud music and lots of people, so if you're looking for a quiet place to have a drink and relax in the evening, don't go here. But if you are up for it, the atmosphere is great!
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"SF family trip"
We took a family vacation and enjoyed the central location to attractions and public transportation. The staff was courteous and helpful while the rooms were clean and well maintained.
4 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Andy
"Was hoping for more...Smiles everyone, smiles!"
Took a quick trip to catch Giants game. Hotel is very well situated amongst the hub of SF. Great area. The courtesy of staff was mixed. The people we dealt with face to face (concierge, etc) were for the most part friendly and were all helpful with our questions. They were not out of their way friendly, though, which is always a nice plus. We found the king sized bed a bit lumpy to be honest - woke up with some back pain.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Timmons94
"Construction"
Had a frustrating time- due to loud construction at the SF moma at 830 in morn. They did move me...but I missed out on sleeping in....
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
"Great Stay! Loved the location. Loved the view!"
I absolutely loved my stay at this hotel. The front desk was awesome. Every time I called them for something, they were prompt, polite, and even followed up with a phone call to ensure that everything went smoothly. It's the best service I've encountered in a long time, especially coming from LA. It made me feel like I was valued and that the rate was justified. I liked the downstairs scene and the location. Great stay. Housekeeping was also excellent. I will be staying here again!
4 night business trip Jul 2, 2015
ROBERT W
Super great place in the heart of it all. Got our room a little late but we went to the Giants game so we didn't really need to get into our room right away.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Justin
"Exec Leadership Retreat-SF"
Beautiful hotel, great location to SOMA and AT&T Park. Will stay there again.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2015
Mara
"W Hotel was great!"
We love W Hotels and this does not disappoint.
4 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
Kristopher
My wife and I stayed here for five days for our anniversary they were extremely kind and help ful.
5 night romance trip Jun 16, 2015
Great stay!! The team there was outstanding!
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Dorothy
"The hip spot with comfy beds"
Great hotel. Very hip. Bar has really expensive drinks, even for the area. The bed was very comfortable, and the pillows are awesome. Great views of the city on all sides. The staff was friendly and helpful.
1 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
Great Location! We loved the room and the gym was amazing.
Other trip Jun 18, 2015
Was not the best of hotels I stayed. Rooms are clean but over charging on the little things. Most hotels would at least offer free bottles of water. However, here they charge $5. Service was not prompt as it should. And even though for several days I walked by the same doorman, on my day of check out, he asked me if I was checking-in or out.
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
"Close to AT&T park"
Loved the convenience of the hotel. Very nice place!!
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
Bri
"Clean & Fun but location less than great"
The W Hotel was chosen for a Bachelorette Party. The room was clean and the bed was super comfortable. We ate lunch one day in the hotel's restaurant TRACE, which was very tasty, although definitely not cheap. The only down side was the hotel was a little dated, there was a large crack in the ceiling in our room, and the location. The hotel is surrounded by construction and in a more business area of the city.
2 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
Katrina
The room assigned to me (1006) was very dark. The lights in the room either did not work or they were not properly positioned. Basically, the only place were there was enough light was the bathroom. The toilet ran all the time ( valve does not shut properly), so it was bothering. I honestly did not have time to report it because I had a very busy schedule and did not feel like changing room.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
"AH MAZING"
amazing! just like every W hotel the service and comfort of the hotel was great
4 night business trip May 31, 2015
Ryan
Everything went well would stay here again. The only thing that went wrong was vallet brought us the wrong car when we checked out but they were very eager to help us into our car and luggage.
2 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Nice place to stay for Google I/O"
Love the chill pod
3 night business trip May 27, 2015
"The worst"
The worst experience from front desk to hole on the wall room !! Never again would I stay at this hotel or recommend to any one ! Your welcome
1 night trip May 23, 2015
"Small room but you're paying for the letter"
The room was quite small for the amount of money they normally charge
1 night trip with friends May 9, 2015
Ed
"Fantastic location"
I stayed 3 nights here. I thought the price was reasonable for the area. My view was the building next door, but that's ok because the room was very spacious. What it lacks in modern updates it compensates with the size. I was able to walk to Chinatown, Ferry Building, Ballpark and Fishermens Warf which was a huge plus. I thought the neighborhood was safe and Uber ride to the airport for the red eye was $39 at 8 pm. Also, I ate at Trace and had a few drinks at the Living Room. Both were excellent . I will stay at the W San Fran again when I return to the city.
3 night romance trip May 9, 2015
"If you have money to pay.. You'll be good."
Wonderful location and friendly staff was great. Not the quality I would expect from a "W" hotel usually. Wifi is NOT free, and some parts of room were dirty. It was a 3.5/5 stay for me because it wasn't the quality I was expecting with the money I paid.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Business stay"
Great rooms, staff, hotel. Business center not used much, but great staff make up for this. Great location if going to Moscone center.
Other trip May 9, 2015
family travel
"A good place to stay"
Great place to stay, staff was very friendly and accommodating. Location is very accessible. A lot of construction going on in the neighborhood, but noise wasn't an issue
2 night family trip Apr 9, 2015
Great location and cozy room for a family of four. Except for a noisy party next store one night, it was excellent. Will definitely stay again when in the city.
2 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"W Never Disappoints."
The W never disappoints.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
Brent
"Way too expensive for what it offers"
The entrance is tiny to say the least, always easily crowded to the point that is it hard to walk through. The place is super expensive without reason; even their restaurant, has few choices, has a pretense of fancy, it's expensive ($40 for a breakfast, really?) and is really not up to the promise. Overall the only thing that saves it is its location, across the street from the Mosconi center. But there are lots of less expensive yet still very nice hotels a little further.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
"Last Minute Stay"
I had an easy time checking booking the room due to a last minute situation. When I got to the hotel, the room was already for me. Everything about it was convenient and quick.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"Great friendly staff"
I was greetd by very friendly staff. Great room. Awesome stay.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
Carlos
"Loved it!"
Everything was a smooth effortless swift breeze. From check in to check out. The room was more spacious than most SF hotel rooms. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean. Walking distance to everything.
3 night trip with friends Apr 17, 2015
Hilde
"Customer service"
I have stayed at the W before and it was a pleasant room and stay, except for a group of young men who stayed in the room next to ours and partied all night. I also left my phone charger in the room, 1706, on Friday morning night, and called about it on Saturday. Someone said they would get back to me, and no one did. I would have appreciated a call back.
1 night business trip Mar 26, 2015
"Sweet hotel !"
I love the hip feel of this hotel! Very comfortable and great vibes. Will definitely stay here again!
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Breanna
"Solid choice"
Overall, I had a positive experience. The check in process was fast and efficient. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. My room had very poor sound insulation, which was a minor irritant. Had my neighbors been louder, it would have been a more significant concern. The hotel is well located and the staff was attentive. There is a lively bar scene, which is nice but can lead to slightly disheveled public spaces in the morning. They did a good job of cleaning the public spaces as the day progressed. Again, I had an overall positive experience. With some tweaks, this could be an outstanding hotel. I would stay again.
Ravi
"Tired asset with uneven staff quality"
Let's start with the arrival. The hotel is located on a busy street, with limited access to a tiny valet access. The access was first blocked by a limo, causing me to wait in double line while said limo moved, only to be replaced by a U-Haul van. I took me getting out of my car and asking him what to do for him to even acknowledge me, only to tell me that in fact, this was the valet access AND CONTINUE TO CHAT WITH THE U HAUL DRIVER WHO WAS BLOCKING THE ACCESS. Enervated, I backed up in order to squeeze in within the tiny space the U Haul truck left, without any aid of the chatty valet guy. This whole time, my 7 years old was waiting with my wife in the car, eager to get into the hotel after a long drive. I backed up and moved forward at least 5 times in order to squeeze in the opening left by the truck, and eventually pulled trough, but not without scratching my car in the process (barricade on the street). When I complained furious about the attitude of the hotel guy on the street (STILL CHATTING at this point with the truck driver), I was told by the valet attendant that they are sorry. The bus boy was extremely helpful and after escorting us to our room, promised to follow up on my complaint. I did in fact get a message later in the day from the valet supervisor (the guy on the street) telling me "he told me not to try to get in (a blatant lie)" and "that if it is a rental, the credit card should cover the damage" - not a word of apology! The room was clean.
Misha
"Midst of everything. Close to moscone centers."
Quiet except for techno music in lobby. Not too loud though. Coffee in lobby in am
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
"Wonderful!"
This hotel is my go-to whenever I am in SF. It is modern, comfortable, close to Union Square/restaurants/business district, and it adds a little luxury to any business or family trip.
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
Kamilla
"Close to centre of town. Nice place"
Good experience. Would recommend. Stayed there twice in a few weeks. Nice place with a good atmosphere.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
dan
"Mystery spot to get lost in."
The room was big, and comfy. The only problem I have was the club. Hotel guest should allowed to enter free. The rooms should not have liquor because they are more than likely over priced drinks like the water---$5.00 a bottle. That's crazy. Thanks
1 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
Leslie
"Decent stay"
Room was clean, though fixtures were pretty worn. There was a whistle sound from outside that would start randomly and go for about 15 seconds. It wasn't impossible to sleep through, but it made me glad to leave. The view of my corner room was of the brick wall of the museum next door and of another wall of the hotel. Room service was prompt and tasty, though ridiculously expensive. I had always wanted to stay at a W. Now I have...
5 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
Matthew
"Great hotel and staff . . . car was broken into"
My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful stay at this hotel. The only unfortunate part of our stay was my car was broken into in the hotel's valet parking lot. The silver lining, the valet crew and the hotel staff were all rock stars about the whole incident offering to take care of the broken window in my Priusand helping me get my belongings back from the garage area. They even comp'd food/beverage for us and didn't end up charging for parking. Anway, lesson learned . . . like any major city - leaving things in your vehicle is always risky . . . even at a major upscale hotel like the W Hotel.
2 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Emily
"Great service, Great Room!"
the staff was wonderful and very helpful with a complementary upgrade and help with renting a car for the day! Big Thank You!
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Lauren
"Excellent location"
Superb
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
Nice
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
"Relaxing"
Very clean and a fun vibe as always at a W property.
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
"A swankyhotel with a cool vibe"
We had a great time here! It had a Vegas Hotel feel, not a cheesy vegas hotel. We loved the room, we loved the bar and we loved the location. We would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015