All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here181 3rd St, San Francisco, CA, 94103, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"great staff"
Stayed on Thanksgiving last minute after the niners game. Hotel staff was great, bar staff was great the room was clean. Our ac wasnt working so getting to sleep in a cold room after thanksgiving dinner wasnt happening.
1 night trip with friends Nov 27, 2014
"Trendy"
Great trendy hotel !
2 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
BRANDON
"Fantastic San Francisco location."
Loved this cool and modern hotel. I've been to the Bliss spa many times, but never stayed at the hotel before. We absolutely loved our stay.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Anastasia
"Very nice modern hotel in SF"
Great ambiance and clean room. Can be a little noisy but overall very worth the price.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
Jose
"Fun at the W!"
The stay was great parking was a bit expensive. Definitely a great hotel to entertain Friends. The food was great and the chef will take great care of you!
1 night trip with friends Nov 23, 2014
I was expecting a little bit better room for the price. The Staff was wonderful, specially Florina the concierge. She was super helpful, nice and cordial.
3 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Cesar
"Trendy hotel, great location"
My husband and I have stayed here several times and each time we are guaranteed a clean, nice room with a very comfortable bed. The staff is always very courteous and the bar is the coolest!
Dawn
"good"
no free wi fi in the room - other than that everything was great
2 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
"Bliss at the W"
Nice night out, got a massage atvthe Bliss salon at the W, relaxed and enjoyed myself.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2014
"W is a party hotel"
There was a party the night of Halloween. No one had informed us this was the case or that the floor we were staying on basically became a frat party. The room next door was up until 4:30am and we had an early departure that day. When I called the concierge at 2am they said they'd take care of it. Clearly that was not the case and when I mentioned it at check out all I got was "I am so sorry to hear that" ... really?!
2 night trip with friends Oct 30, 2014
Rebecca
"Awesome but loud"
Service was impeccable but could hear everything in the next room.
2 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
"SF October Stay"
Always a good time at the W, appreciate the changing elevator carpets too.
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
"Hip and Trendy"
Very trendy hotel
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
"Fantastic for 2012"
We had a hard time with the TV losing it's connection. The electronic plugins were a cool idea, and would have been great if they were current. No access for iPhone 5. Room service person was great. Coffee was strong. Bed was clean and very comfortable. Really liked the cushioned window sill.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"It's a party room but not really good for family"
Me and my husband stay at W hotel for two nights and I have a female emergency and they didn't have the product at the room and it was really late at night. And the phone in my room was not working. My husband had a hackthon going on for two days and three nights. So I was alone. There are too much alcohol in the room but no family supply. I feel I don't want to stay in this hotel anymore.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
chloe
"Beautiful hotel!"
We were just in town one night for the last Giants game. We were treated well, the room was comfy, the food at Trace was good, and the bar was fun. We were especially impressed with the concierge service - one of the reasons I love the Starwood Hotels.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
Phee
"everything was great"
nice hotel in a great location
3 night business trip Sep 23, 2014
"Noisy and late night parties"
For the first time with The W we had a terrible experience. There were parties going on on the rooms next to us until after midnight, the carpet smelled like vomit next morning and there was nothing the front desk could do?
2 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
Marta
"I wouldn't stay again..."
There was never a doorman to open a door. We had to lug our bags in ourselves. We used the lobby restroom after breakfast on a Monday morning and it was covered in vomit from the night before and smelled like it. The front desk did apologize and when I got an email from the manager asking for any feedback or concerns I emailed him. I gave him a week to respond and never received one. My coworker's daughter happened to check in to the W that same weekend and when she saw her tiny room immediately checked out and went to another hotel in the area. I wish I would have had that option because I would have been out of there. We had to wait 15 minutes to get a drink on a not busy night at the bar too!
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Elle
"Nice hotel but strange decor."
Coffee was out in the lobby in the morning so I let them know. Instead of making more they just put it away. For a $300 a night room a free cup of coffee isn't a lot to ask for. Especially since there isn't a coffee maker in the room.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Great hotel close to the convention center"
The experience was wonderful, I would stay in this hotel again
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
"Super location and Comfort"
We stayed here for the first time after many other stays in SF. Walked to the Ball Park, the Ferry Building, Bloomingdales, and a great restaurant for dinner. What could be better? The room was clean and quiet, nice accoutrements, very nice staff. The bar/lounge service was a little slow, and the lobby area was small and a little crowded. All in all, a wonderful stay!
Ann
Love the W! Always a pleasant stay.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
"Perect for exploring San Fran"
Rooms are small but comfortable and the location is great walking distance to all of the downtown area.
Brent
"Cleanness part of san Fransico"
Staff bent over backwards to make our stay and experience exceptional .
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
davinci
"W hotel downtown"
The staff were excellent and very accommodating for my needs. I had to change rooms and they included a breakfast voucher and free internet. The room and experience were too notch.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Connor
"WE ALWAYS TRY TO STAY HERE, ITS OUR FIRST CHOICE"
GREAT AS ALWAYS, LOCATION IS GREAT, GREAT STAFF, DECORE IS VERY NICE AND UP TO DATE . WHEN WE ALL MEET UP FOR DRINKS WITH FAMILY OR FRIENDS DOWNSTAIRS WE ALWAYS CHALLENGE EACH OTHER TOO GALAGA OR Ms.PACMAN.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
Andy
"Ok hotel - but insane cost for everything"
Stayed at the hotel for about 600 a night for business and hotel still nickel and dimed for the smallest things e.g. internet. Room was clean, but tiny (nothing special). probably will not stay again.
5 night business trip Aug 24, 2014
"Nice happening hotel!"
Great location and happening place too. Room is very nice as well as the entire hotel.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Ana
"Very nice stay. Recommended"
The hotel was conveniently located in SF. The room was very comfortable and of good size. I like contemporary decor, but not crazy about this room and hotel decor, although this is a minor complaint. The bathroom was excellent. Got a relatively good deal on Hotels.com and was very satisfied with the stay.
4 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Ron
"Easy weekend in SF"
Everything was as it should be, no problems at all
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Smaller than expected for the price. They couldn't get us the room we booked on expedia ( king room). They have us a dual full instead.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Vince
"3.5 stars"
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would have rated this 5/5 if we were to rate the concierge service and the room itself. However it only gets 3.5/5 as our waitress at the bar was clueless, we had to flag her down and she only had a couple tables. The drinks were healthy pours mind you once we did get served. We were originally on the 18th floor, with a view of the metal beams and construction, huh?? For an upgraded corner room that was disappointing. We asked to be moved which they did move us higher up.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"Great Ambience"
I'd highly recommend this hotel for getaways with friends or for fun events. Its defintely more that kind of atmosphere at the W. Lounge area is great and very lively in the evenings. Within walking distance of Yerba Buena park and other attractions. Staff is very friendly and incredibly helpful. One negative is that the sinks temperature could NEVER be regulated. The sink only had two temperatures ICE and SCALDING HOT. But other than that this place is great. I enjoyed, room and amenities.
2 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2014
sayle
"Staying in Style!!"
I absolutely loved my stay at the W Hotel. From check in to check out, the service was fabulous! Marlene checked us in and she was super nice and helpful. My only complaint, and fairly minor, would be the A/C didn't really cool the room that well, but otherwise, I thought the rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable and service was exceptional!!! As for location, we were only in San Fran for a weekend, and everything we went to was on the waterfront, so this was a perfect location for us. I would definitely stay here again.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Excellent, clean with great location"
Staff was great. Entire place was spotless. Location made it easy for shopping and walk to water. Highly recommend!!
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Room was very clean. Service was excellent. Bell hop was super friendly and helpful. $62.00 for 1 night parking is steep in my opinion. Room price is pretty steep as well. Paying for the "W" name I guess. Biggest problem was the complimentary upgrade to a room with "fantastic views of the city" which was a construction zone. Lots of men in hard hats and steel. Zero views of the city.
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
Justin
"Great service!"
Our stay at the W Hotel was great! Wonderful service and very accommodating as usual.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2014
Mrs. Thomas
Great Hotel - staff was very friendly and helpful. No complaints.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Not that great of a hotel"
Overall it was a pretty disappointing stay. From arrival to departure many details were missing. Considering this is a 4 star hotel I would have expected someone out front to greet you on arrival – after pulling up in front of the hotel a homeless man came to my cab opened the door and then proceeded to spit on me repeatedly. This is SOMA so it is somewhat expected, but you would think the hotel would anticipate these issues and have a hotel employee there. When alerting the front desk to this they half-apologies for it and mentioned he is an issue for them. In the room, there were many cleanliness issues and the complimentary water bottles were opened and half drank. Also, while it is outside of their control, there is a large construction project right next to their building. It wasn’t a big deal and they did not start early in the morning, but it would be something to keep in mind if you plan to sleep in at all. I probably will stay somewhere else on my next trip to SF.
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2014
"Ok hotel. No parking, no internet, no breakfast."
Expensive hotel for their facilities. No free internet, no free parking (no self parking and nobody from staff dont know where to park), no free breakfast. I didnt like. Nice room thought.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Johnny
"Disappointing for the price!"
It was a comfortable room but no where near the $650.00 I paid for one night. I would have expected a suite at that price point. There was some sort of construction going on which i though was in the hotel which went on past 7pm. I called twice about this and i was told it was stopped but it still continued. The hotel said it was next door but i wasn't even on the top level and i could hear it through my bathroom fan. It ended up giving me such a headache that i left and when returning after 10pm it had finally stopped. I would not stay here again unless the price point was under $200 a night.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
We had a girls weekend in the City and stayed at the W. The staff recommended Blue Bottle Coffee and I must say that recommendation made my whole weekend. The "W' is Awesome.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Great hotel for Pride!!"
It was a great hotel although the construction dampened the mood a bit. Would love to come back once the construction is done :)
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
JenN
"Beautiful contemporary dining room"
As I mentioned in the title, dining room is exceptionally nice. Unfortunately it is the only highlight. Hotel is very dark. For the price of $400 per night I did not expect the small, sad tub. One that one can find in "Best Western" perhaps. I know, it's the location of course and the proximity to Moscone Center that elevates the price. I will not stay at this hotel again.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Nice hotel but sure wasn't worth $239/nite ! It's not that nice!
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2014
enrique
"More pretense than substance"
The hotel is trying to be the "hip tech" destination in San Francisco but... the internet is slow and $19.95, there are no drawers for clothes in the room, parking is $54 a day, water sells for $5 a bottle, and there are annoying purple lights and decade-old "beating" music in the elevators, lobby, and outside the hotel (!). Not worth it.
5 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Kirill Sheynkman
"Comfortable"
Didnt even feel like a hotel room, felt more as if we were staying at a super clean college room with all it's amenities....the little desk, bedded section by the window with great view of the city...and many more! Would definitely recommend!
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Staff was fantastic. Safe walking distance to AT&T Park. Very quiet and comfortable. Room 1112 was missing the promised coffeemaker. Bar does not have a TV for catching the game or the big race.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2014
"Overall, W a good weekend visit."
Great ambiance Room was a little warm and thermostat didn't seem to have any effect No coffee in room, had to go to lobby Fitness center in temp location due to renovation Overall extremely pricey. In room snacks, drinks priced out of sight. Bring your own goodies! Room service food was disappointing. Way too much salt and poor preparation (just warmed up frozen food?!)
Other trip Jun 16, 2014