All hotels in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here385 Cumberland Parkway, PA Turnpike Exit 236, Mechanicsburg, PA, 17055, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Convenient"
Worked well for us since we were visiting a friend in Dillsburg. Breakfast was good too!
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"nice hotel close to Messiah College"
Very nice room. Nice light breakfast. Everyone was very nice and helpful.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Jean & Francis
"Avoid this Place"
Strangers walked into our room -had a key from the staff. They did not bother to confirm that the room was rented - got an apology and nothing else. Next morning our key would not let us back in the room - had to go to the desk to get new ones - again not much of an apology or non at all. Not a good place to stay,
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
"Clean, relaxing stay..."
Desk staff was friendly and welcoming. Room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast choices were amazing.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Keith Brogan
"Comfortable hotel"
Very close to the PA Turnpike exit - which made it easy to find. Although we did not have time this weekend, the fitness center and pool and hot tub looked very nice.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Loved it!"
The front desk lady was so kind and wonderful! The room was clean and the breakfast great.
Other trip May 11, 2014
Traveler
"Nice room and hotel"
The hotel was nice and clean, the room was comfy. We just wanted a relaxing weekend getaway so it worked. There's not a whole lot on the immediate area but if you're visiting local attractions it's a great hotel
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2014
"No disappointments!"
Clean room, nice staff, clean surroundings, quiet...
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Near Hershey"
It was a great hotel near Hershey Park and the breakfast was wonderful. Great sweet lots of room.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
pinky
"The hotel is close to everything I wanted to do."
After a long day of traveling, I was happy to see a restaurant within walking distance(if you wanted to walk).
Other trip Apr 8, 2014
"All but the dog . . . . ."
Great hotel, stay often in this area and it is the best by far for the money - comfortable, clean, up-to-date and easy to get to. One gripe was the slow check-in (clerk talked and talked to people, chat-chat-chat, with four of us waiting with luggage to check in), and the fact that there was a dog in a room across the hall from me that barked incessantly one evening. It was obvious the owners had left the dog alone in the room - the do not disturb sign was on the door, and the dog barked every time the elevator dinged, or someone was waiting for the elevator - which was right across the hall from the dog room. Seems like if you are going to allow dogs (which is fine - I am a dog person), guests should not be given a room with a lot of traffic near it. It just begs a bad situation for the poor dog, and the guest rooms around it.
3 night trip Mar 25, 2014
"Convenient to turnpike"
Nice hotel and very convenient to turnpike. Only complaint no hand towels or shampoo provided in room. End table was sticky too.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Affordable comfort"
Everything was great except the fact that you couldn't draw close the dark/heavier curtains, only the light ones which doesn't prevent the light from the parking lot lights coming in all night. Also, the vending machines spit out hot soda cans. That was weird. But overall, it was an affordable, clean and comfortable night. The bed was exquisite and would have provided an exceptional, well needed night of rest, except for the lights beaming in.
1 night trip Mar 13, 2014
would
"Outstanding value"
The staff was courteous and the overall value for the visit was well worth what we paid.
1 night trip Mar 13, 2014
"Excellent All Around!"
Excellent stay! Loved the spaciousness of the room with a small sitting area. Hotel Staff very friendly and helpful. Definitely will stay again.
1 night business trip Mar 12, 2014
Songbird
"It was a good location for skiing."
The hotel was nice. The three problems were the beds were very uncomfortable , the walls were thin and the pool was small. Overall it was a good deal for the price.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014
"Great value, super staff"
We stayed here for 2 nights for a weekend ski outing to Ski Roundtop, which is very close. This is a great value for the money. Our kids loved the pool and the breakfast was a great convenience. The hotel itself is nothing fancy and is showing its age in spots, but every member of the staff was extremely friendly and eager to help. Very pleased overall.
Other trip Feb 18, 2014
"Convenient to interstate and restaurants"
Breakfast was good and work out room was adequate. All employees were friendly and helpfu.Room was spacious and clean.
2 night trip Feb 9, 2014
Jan
"Excellent Overnight"
We reserved 5 rooms and they went out of their way to put all of the rooms together. The rooms were immaculate and very comfortable. The free breakfast was a real breakfast and delicious. The rooms and grounds were very well maintained. We had a great stay!
1 night trip with friends Feb 8, 2014
W Wood
"Poor management and freezing cold pool!"
I live in S.C. and go to Pa. every year before Christmas to visit my grandsons and stay at a nice hotel with an indoor heated pool. This year, I booked at the Wingate which was 13 miles away from where my grandsons live but the price seemed good and they advertised an indoor pool. The pool was so cold we could not swim and enjoy our stay. When I confronted the manager about it, she said the pool was 80 degrees and did not need to be heated. I have been in 80 degree pools before and believe me this one was freezing. When I told her I have stayed at Country Inn and Suites and the Residence Inn and both have beautiful pools and were warm and that I would never stay at her hotel again, she told me that I should stay at the Residence Inn if that was where I was happiest. Very poor customer service. She should have turned the heater on so that we could enjoy the pool instead of arguing with me about the temperature. I told her I wish she could take a swim in the pool to see what I was talking about and she replied that she wished she could too because she would love it! We ordinarily spend hours at the pool swimming and tossing a ball around because there isn't much else to do in the winter there. My grandsons are 6 and 8 and always look forward to this time spent together at the pool. This manager was one of the worst I have ever encountered and she should have bent over backward to accommodate us but didn't. Residence Inn will be our hotel from now on.
Other trip Dec 17, 2013
Jan
We were there for just one night on our way to Pittsburgh for a family wedding. I have no major complaints about the place . It was close to the Pa turnpike and if you reguested a room on the non-highway side it was very quiet. There was major food store within walking distance. There were other chain restaurants not far from the hotel as well. They only minor complaint was the TV/ channel card was not accurate. If the card listed pbs on channel three you may get the shopping channel. I would recommend the place if it fit your budget.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"Great place to stay with family"
Love Wingate, especially the indoor pool and hot tub. Very clean and pleasant management. It was our second time and we will register again soon.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013
Pat Whittaker
"A great place to stay!"
Overall, I was very impressed by the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful and my room was very clean, updated and comfortable. The fitness room was very nice and the breakfast in the morning was great. I would highly recommend this hotel.
2 night trip Nov 6, 2013
Roxann T.
"Nice Place"
Very nice, convienent place to stay. My only complaint would be the curtains didn't close completely and let in a lot of light from surrounding parking lots.
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2013
Justin
"Great hotel!"
Room and accommodations were top notch, only drawback was that you could hear the traffic on the highway right next to the hotel, otherwise it was a great stay!
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
"Everything necessary."
The hotel was comfortable in all aspects--bedding, seating, soundproofing, etc. It was equally clean and well maintained. Everything worked. The a/c or heating worked well, though it would have been nice to have the option of opening the window. The breakfast was plentiful if not gourmet. The public areas were adequate, clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and helpful. The price was right.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
R. Knobler
"hair on sheets, dirty curtains and washcloth"
We pulled the sheets back and there was hair all over, also went to use a washcloth and it was dirty. Complained to the front desk have not heard anything.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Andrea
"Convenience rules"
My stay was fine. The hotel needs to put a message on their phone so that when the desk clerk is away (helping another guest for example) the phone doesn't ring into infinity but instead gives an option to leave a number so the clerk can call you back. I was told that I'm not the first guest who has complained about this but management chooses not to do anything. Other than that, everything was fine and the housekeeping staff are very nice.
3 night business trip Oct 9, 2013
s
Very friendly and helpful staff -- they even had pre-printed maps to Williams Grove on hand as we checked in. The room was clean and comfortable, but the bed was a little too soft (that's just my taste, nothing against the hotel).
1 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"Excellent value"
We usually stay at another, more expensive hotel, but their rates were astronomical so we chose Wingate. Definitely a good choice! Not quite as luxurious as the other hotel but very comfortable and a great value. This will be our hotel of choice from now on. Great location, too.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Yolanda
"Very pleased"
Bed was very comfortable. We had a room with a king sized bed and a very large sitting area. Breakfast was pretty standard. Nothing exciting there. Next to Cracker Barrel if you want to go there.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
N.J.
"Nice hotel for the money"
We stayed there 2 nights for a wedding we were attending in the area. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The rooms are nicely appointed and I felt were a nice size. They had a good continental breakfast. If I ever returned to the area I would definately stay there again
2 night business trip Sep 27, 2013
"Nice hotel and easy access to highway"
Our stay at this hotel was fine except for the fact that our room was on the first floor right next to the elevator. In the morning, every time someone came down the elevator, you heard the ding. Not annoying enough to complain about but I will ask not to be in that room next time I go there.
2 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Ralph
"close to 76/15 - but not as noisy as you'd think"
It's not a place to stay for the scenery or a stroll about a charming town. But it's easy to get to, clean, comfortable and well priced for the area. Be sure to look on satellite maps before you try to get there, it's not easy to see from the road and the hotel's website did not have an appropriate map either.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Juniper
Please make sure u change the linens daily including the comforter. Thank you
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2013
"Two night stay near Hershey Park"
Hotel was easy to find and check in to. Only about 10 minute drive to Hershey's attractions. Room was clean and spacious. Had to pay extra for a roll-a-way bed even though we booked our room for five people in the first place. Breakfast was so-so. Beds were too soft. No extra blankets in the room. Bathroom needed updating. Food, gas, shopping close by. Would stay again because price was very good and the hotel was average.
2 night family trip Aug 27, 2013
Dan, Lisa, Ty, Joey & Chel
"It's a Wyndham???"
Signage to the hotel from the turnpike leaves a bit to be desired. The pillows are so thick and hard that I felt like I was resting my head, or trying to, on a stair! Also, either the walls are paper thin or someone stood in the hall until 1:45am talking. They might as well have been in my room. The toilet had not really been cleaned in several days, you know with a toilet brush. I stayed there before and did not experience any of these conditions but don't know if I'll stay in the Wingate again.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
Very sweet and nice place
2 night business trip Aug 9, 2013
chay a
"Recommended"
Every thing was nice with the exception of the hot breakfast. We chose the hotel because they offered hot breakfast until 10am however at 9am they were out of a lot of food and was told they were not going to replenish because it takes too long to prepare. I had 4 kids with me and we had to go get breakfast elsewhere. (not happy about that)
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2013
Clean, easy to get to. Pleasant staff, courteous, and helpful. Directions available for local sites, and great suggestions concerning travel time to local Hershey special events.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2013
"Windgate for Carlisle GM Nationals"
We used the Windgate for the first time following another two night stay at another facility to see if we would want to stay there for our event each year. The answer was yes we will. Excellent desk service, clean beautiful rooms, great hot and cold breakfast in the morning too! Pool and hot tub were sanitized and perfectly clean. One exception is the pool water was very cold and did not feel heated, other than that it was a excellent property and we will spend the extra few dollars to have more comfort.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2013
Rich
"The hotel looks very nice, clean and cozy."
I enjoyed our stay and kids loved the swimming pool.
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
"Friendly Hotel Staff / Nice Hotel"
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean but the AC unit did not cool the room as well as I would have liked and the unit was rather load. The walls are somewhat "thin" as one could hear everything happening in the room next to ours. The continental breakfast was okay, with your usual coffee, juices, fruit, muffins, etc. The pool was really small, only could really just sit in it. We stayed here during a baseball tournament and I would recommend this hotel to my friends.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"great hotel but nearly impossible to find at night"
the small hotel sign was not near the road, and the hotel is set back behind another hotel. we drove in circles late at night trying to locate the place. The staff was very professional and courteous. the room was very nice. The bed was firmer than most we encounter in hotels and I slept well.
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"Missing staff"
Room was very comfortable. Breakfast did not have many options but it was hot and food was good. Room was very comfortable. When I stopped by to see if I could check in early no one was at the front desk for 20 min and no sign was up telling me where anyone was or how long my wait might be. Other than that staff was attentive and very friendly. I would absolutely stay here again.
2 night business trip May 29, 2013
Steve H.
Hard to find locationBeds not so comfortable and pillows are filled with synthetic material...breakfast only average
1 night business trip May 16, 2013
"Easy Stay"
The hotel staff were very friendly & welcoming. I was only there for one night on a short business trip & got in late. The only improvement I would have made was to have firmer pillows on the bed! (Please note that I did nto ring the desk to ask for this--they may have been able to accommodate).
1 night business trip May 7, 2013
H
"Our stay was ok"
We stayed at the hotel for one night for a cheer competition in a nearby town. The front desk attendant was put out because I asked her if this was a safe neighborhood and the hotel is right next to a very sketchy motel. I was traveling with two girls and knew that we would be coming back to the hotel late at night - I thought it was a very valid question. She did not. The beds had make-up residue from a previous tenant, but the rest seemed fairly clean. The room served it's purpose. Probably wouldn't stay there again.
1 night business trip Apr 20, 2013
EK
"Clean, friendly, helpful"
The staff did everything to make this a comfortable stay. The pool was wonderfully warm and the hot tub was hot. The blow dryer was broken and when I called the office, they immediately sent up and had a new one installed.
2 night family trip Apr 5, 2013
JeanB.
"Wyndham - confirmation trip"
The hotel was wonderful. the breakfast was excellent. location terriffic. Maintenance was exceptional - we mentioned a loose lamp to a maintenance man in the elevator and when we got back that evening the lamp was fixed! the only thing I have a problem with is the lighting in the bathroom. If you don't bring your own lighted mirror it is difficult to put your make up on because of one light and a dull one at that. But most hotels do have this problem - maybe people are nt looking as good as they sould when they travel?
2 night trip Mar 8, 2013