All hotels in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States of America
385 Cumberland Parkway, PA Turnpike Exit 236, Mechanicsburg, PA, 17055, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Family ski RT"
The location was excellent. Cracker Barrel within walking distance; and grocery store, pharmacy and gas station all close by and near the highway. The front desk was friendly and helpful. The beds were a little lumpy not firm for a bad back. They were also pet friendly which was a nice surprise. And good choices of restaurants all within 15 min or less range.
2 night family trip Jan 18, 2015
"Ok stay, with a few problems..."
My stay was very ok. I was expecting the front staff to be a little more friendly. After all, I was not checking-in at a motel or a hotel that I paid 59.99 for... We enjoyed the quite room and breakfast as well. The only thing that bothered me was the housekeeping staff knocking on my door ( the sign on the door fell to the floor) so they must have missed it. They knocked on our door at 8 am and I opened the door and told them my sign is on the door. The housekeeper said to me, "aren't you checking out today, anyway" I was checking-out, but check-out was not until 11, and it was only 8 am. So I did not appreciate that. I was well aware of my check-out time, without a rude reminder from her. Other than that, it was a nice stay.
1 night romance trip Jan 15, 2015
"Nice place to stay"
We had a great stay. Down side, the beds are doubles so when you are use to a king size bed it makes it a little tight. The first morning the hot breakfast items were cook a little bit too much. The staff was great and very friendly. It was a little hard to find but once you realize where it is okay.
2 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
Joyce
"Family visit"
Very friendly staff good breakfast clean room. The beds are soft. Our daughter enjoyed the pool.
5 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Rebecca
"Great place"
Excellent facility, clean and well set up. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good. I'd definitely stay here again. Only drawback is the signage is very hard to find when coming in for the first time, and the roads can be a bit confusing. Since all the other businesses nearby have similar small signs instead of big signs, I'll assume it's a local ordinance.
2 night business trip Dec 14, 2014
Bruce
"Conference stay"
Friendly staff.
2 night trip Dec 5, 2014
Lori
"Why not put two luggage stands in the room for two"
went to a four day conference. We wanted early check-in. My wife needed to call you quite a few times to get a commitment from you. Why not give an answer on the first contact? That would be good customer service and be less hassle for all. Ed
4 night romance trip Dec 3, 2014
Edward
"Thanksgiving stay"
Visiting family for the holiday. Three night stay at the Wingate, the staff was very accommodating, we were late for breakfast and they were so kind as to get us some food from the kitchen. Pool and jacuzzi nice. Fitness room could use some updated machines. Room was clean and comfortable and plenty of hot water.
3 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
"Wonderful time"
The hotel was very clean and the customer service was exceptional!
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
"A weekend to spend with friends and relaxation"
This was not our first visit here. This is why we decided to come back and also will continue to return. Staff: Super professional,Treated us like family and made sure we could not ask for anything. My wife was just released from the hospital and I called the night before for an early check in. Instead of being told we cannot they said anytime you arrive with her we will be ready to check you in (RARE)!!! 6 Stars to the staff and management, super clean, excellent pool and spa, super fitness center and a fresh hot breakfast(NOT A CONTINENTAL) a full breakfast with attentive servers. If you do not stay here when the area shame on you!
2 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2014
richard
Checking in was a breeze, room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Everything was great about this hotel except the location of it. It is tucked away behind a motel 6 and a bit tricky to find. Other than that a perfect stay
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
The service at hotel was excellent but I did not get the accessable room I booked. Was finally given one on the 2nd night . I would never book throught hotel.com again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 night trip Oct 23, 2014
"Further from Hershey Park than we expected..."
Let me start by saying it was a friendly environment--the staff are very nice! The room--just ok--I expected more from Wyndham. It wasn't horrible but not stellar. There definitely needs to be more attention to cleaning the room. Our toilet didn't look like it had been touched. A very large SPIDER greeted me in the bathroom within 10 minutes of our stay. The hotel isn't near much. Probably wouldn't stay twice :-(
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
familyof5
"Weekend stay in Mechanicsburg"
The Staff were nice and the room was clean. Breakfast was great! The pillows were mushy though and the bedding was nothing like the Hampton Inn or Comfort Inn. The comforter was so thin I froze all evening. Only suggestion I can make is take a look at what your competitors provide for bedding. Also the curtains didn't shut all the way so my sons and I had bright lights shinning in on us all night and the sound of traffic. Other then those two things the place was nice. Nice indoor pool area too.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Jenn
"Good pick"
Clean, great price, legit continental breakfast
1 night business trip Oct 8, 2014
Kate
"Hotal Stay at Wingate"
Very nice room, quiet and loved having cracker barrel next door to eat.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
"bumped up prices !!"
I had priced this hotel about ten days before we expected to stay there. It was a reasonable rate . When I actually booked it a week later the price was now eighty dollars a night MORE …. the reason for the higher rate was given as "well there is a big car show in town". As far as I am concerned that is price gouging. I do not care how nice the hotel may have been that is just not right. This has left a very nasty memory in my mind… The location of this hotel made it difficult to find…. especially when one is arriving very late at night.
1 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
"Family trip for a funeral - multiple rooms"
The hotel was nice and very clean. The staff that I interacted with were great especially the front desk staff
1 night family trip Sep 29, 2014
"Nice place for overnight stay"
Check-in/out went off without a hitch. Room was very clean but there was a small amount of standing water behind the toilet before anyone used the shower. The bathroom vent did not seem to clear the steam very well. Ohterwise, the indoor pool (saltwater?) and gym were very nice. Priced higher than the neighboring Motel 6 but that's to be expected. Very familiar with the surroounding area since we've had kids at a nearby college for several years. Hotel location is convenient to several nice restaurants. The adjacent interstate made things a bit noisy overnight.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"Clean... quiet... Nice breakfast"
It was conveniently close to family we were visiting. No complaints; clean, quiet and we had a nice hot breakfast. We would stay again.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Hotel overall was great. Clean and friendly staff. Will stay again. :-)
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
luchex
"Nice hotel,friendly staff."
very happy with our stay. Every thing about this hotel is nice the rooms are very clean and they serve a free complmentary buffet breakfast every morning. This is the perfect hotel !!
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg
John, I'm very pleased that you stumbled upon us and would highly recommend us to other travelers and friends! We are located just off PA Turnpike Exit 236 and Rt 15, both major roadways allowing easy access and no added travel time. Within walking distance from the hotel is Rite Aid Pharmacy, Giant Grocery Store, Cracker Barrel Restaurant, and Wendy's for additional travel conveniences! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip! Katie Allison
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"close to all must see sights"
Enjoyed our stay! Staff helpful! Breakfast was great! Definitely will come back!
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg
LAddison, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We strive to offer nothing but the best in service and guest satisfaction! I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed our full hot breakfast, served daily with eggs, bacon, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, sausage, muffins, cereals, bagels, and homemade oatmeal! What a great way to start the day! We hope you'll choose Wingate on your next trip through, our location to the highway makes us an easy stop! Katie Allison
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
LAddison
"Decent"
I only stayed for one night and it was fairly decent.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg
Thank you for choosing Wingate Mechanicsburg for your business travel! Our oversized rooms are ideal for the business traveler with leading-edge high speed WiFi technology throughout the hotel, well-lit desks in every room with additional USB/power port stations and wired internet cables, a fitness center, and a full hot breakfast served every morning. All included in our competitive corporate rates! Thanks again, I look forward to sharing your comments with our team! Katie Allison
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
SAL
"Fine for our needs"
Hotel room was fine. The bathroom was not as clean as would have liked. Could see hair on the floor when entered which made me think bathroom had not been adequately cleaned. When we first came, there was no one to check us in for at least 15 min, when I went in back to office, there was a man there but he completely ignored me after I said excuse me a few times. Later a super nice lady came to check us in. otherwise stay was good. Overall decent, including breakfast buffet, just a few hiccups.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
nss
"Close to auto racing activities"
This is the third consecutive year I have stayed here in August. The hotel has maintained a high level of service and commitment to guests. I didn't avail myself of the gym or pool facilities but they looked great. Staff was very attentive and friendly. I can recommend the hotel highly.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience here at Wingate by Wyndham! I'm very grateful to hear that all your accommodation needs were met and you enjoyed our extra amenities! We hope you'll choose our hotel on your next trip to the Mechanicsburg area. Our area boasts many special events with Carlisle Events Car Shows, Corvettes at Carlisle, Hershey Antique Automobile Meets, Mecum Auto Auction, and Gettysburg Bike Week! We hope to see you there! Katie Allison
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Jim Brewer
"Nice hotel, close to Hershey Park, and restaurant"
I'm glad that I picked this hotel. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was great, with lots of varieties to pick from. The inside pool and jacuzzi were very relaxing after walking all day, oh and so was the gym! The room was great and housekeeping was very accomodating. I would definitely stay there again.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg
I would like to thank your family for choosing Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg and I'm very happy to hear that our accommodations have met your every need! Our indoor pool and heated spa are open year round so your family can enjoy swimming in any weather! Our area hosts many year-round family fun activities as well with Ski Roundtop Mountain Resort, The Carlisle Sports Emporium, The Coliseum, SkyZone, and The Whitaker Center making our location the perfect stop whenever you find the time to get away! Katie Allison
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Evelyn
"one night only"
We were a party of three and only stayed for one night. Thankfully. We had a king room with sofa bed and when we opened up the sofa bed we got a good look at the underside of the mattress. UGH! needless to say it got closed back up and I slept on the sofa.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of the underside of the mattress was of concern, I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look to refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the Gettysburg/Hershey/Harrisburg area!
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Great place to stay!"
We stayed at this hotel during a trip to Hershey, PA. Getting to Hershey took about 30 minutes. The following day we went to Gettysburg which was 40 minutes. The room was super clean. The break feast bar was more than adequate. The kids loved the pool. We would stay there again.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg
I'm very pleased that you chose us and would highly recommend us to other travelers and friends! We are located just off PA Turnpike Exit 236 and Rt 15, both major roadways allowing easy access and no added travel time. Within walking distance from the hotel is Rite Aid Pharmacy, Giant Grocery Store, Cracker Barrel Restaurant, and Wendy's for additional travel conveniences! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip! Katie Allison
2 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Warren
"Visit to Hershey"
The hotel is really clean modern and nice. love the breakfast.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Staff unfriendly, Difficult to Find"
The hotel and room itself were very nice. The bed was comfortable. However, the staff was not helpful and it in a strange location. You can see the hotel easily, but it is a little difficult to get to it and the signs showing directions are very small. Also the hotel website says they are a pet friendly hotel, but it is not, so be aware of this.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
ClydeE
"Great trip!"
Hotel was a great place to stay and convenient to Harrisburg.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg
I am so happy that you chose Wingate Mechancisburg for your first Wingate experience and that our staff and accommodations exceeded your expectations! We look forward to your returned visits; our hotel is conveniently located near Roundtop Mountain Resort which offers year round fun for the entire family with skiing and snowboarding, snow tubing, zip-lining, OGO balls, mountain biking and mountain trekking! Katie Allison
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
"Good overnight stop"
Perfect hotel to stay overnight on our way to NY. Clean room & friendly staff! Would stay there again.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg
Thank you for choosing Wingate Mechanicsburg for your business travel! Our oversized rooms are ideal for the business traveler with leading-edge high speed WiFi technology throughout the hotel, well-lit desks in every room with additional USB/power port stations and wired internet cables, a fitness center, and a full hot breakfast served every morning. All included in our competitive corporate rates! Thanks again, I look forward to sharing your comments with our team! Katie L. Allison
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
Hotel was clean. Everything seemed in good working order and pleasing to me and the others who traveled with me.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We strive to offer nothing but the best in service and guest satisfaction! I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed our full hot breakfast, served daily with eggs, bacon, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, sausage, muffins, cereals, bagels, and homemade oatmeal! What a great way to start the day! We hope you'll choose Wingate on your next trip through, our location to the highway makes us an easy stop! Katie L. Allison
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Sue
"Very good experience"
We had a pet room on the 4th of july. Even the pet room was nice and clean and you don't always find that to be the case.
Thank you!
1 night business trip Jul 4, 2014
paul
"Follow the Little Green Signs"
From the Penna Pike exit at rte 15 in Mechanicsburg, one can see the Wingate Hotel. Throw away the GPS and follow the little signs to their door. Tucked behind some motels and restaurants, the Wingate is a nice hotel and good for the money. The staff was pleasant and we had complicated reservations and glitches they easily managed. For a meal more than a Sub, we had to drive, but surprisingly it wasn't a hassle and the stays there (two nights) were more than expected.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg
Thank you for the wonderful review and offering other guests insight!
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
skyelav
Nice room for the price.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg
I am so happy that you easily located us and that our staff and accommodations exceeded your expectations! We look forward to your returned visits; our hotel is conveniently located near Roundtop Mountain Resort which offers year round fun for the entire family with skiing and snowboarding, snow tubing, zip-lining, OGO balls, mountain biking and mountain trekking! Katie L. Allison
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2014
"Follow the tiny signs."
After finding the Wingate (do not use your GPS to find this hotel!) we had a good stay. We needed to leave a car in the lot for a week. Not a problem. We had a pet, not a problem. The desk staff was very helpful and courteous and the pool was great. Convenient to the turnpike but a walk to the cheap restaurants was disappointing so we drove a bit to better ones not too far away.
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2014
skyelav
very generously sized room for two double beds. nice & quiet. great free breakfast & loved the free wifi!
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
gigi
"Don't go here"
I travel a lot and this is a place I'd avoid altogether.
2 night trip Jun 24, 2014
"Hotel was OK"
Hotel experience was just ok. If I could go back, I probably would not stay here. We paid for a king size room with a sofa bed and when we got there, they only had king size handicapped rooms. We needed the sofa bed for our daughter, so they replaced with a very uncomfortable cot. Bathroom had a handicap accessible shower that flooded when you took a shower. It seemed very unsafe. Our room was never cleaned. They came in and changed towels, but never made the beds or went a step further.The front desk staff were pleasant and tried to help as much as they could. There were no other rooms, so I understand why they could not accomodate us a little more. They gave great suggestions of places to go. Breakfast was good. Hotel is pretty centrally located to Hershey, Carlisle and Lancaster, however there is nothing right by the hotel. It would have been nice to have a non-breakfast restaurant hotel nearby to walk for a cocktail. This hotel is just ok and would be ok for a one night stopover.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Convenient"
Worked well for us since we were visiting a friend in Dillsburg. Breakfast was good too!
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"nice hotel close to Messiah College"
Very nice room. Nice light breakfast. Everyone was very nice and helpful.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We are the closest hotel to Messiah College, 4 miles away! Be sure to tell us you are traveling to the school on your next visit to Mechanicsburg, we offer a discounted rate for Messiah visitors!
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Jean & Francis
"Avoid this Place"
Strangers walked into our room -had a key from the staff. They did not bother to confirm that the room was rented - got an apology and nothing else. Next morning our key would not let us back in the room - had to go to the desk to get new ones - again not much of an apology or non at all. Not a good place to stay,
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
"Clean, relaxing stay..."
Desk staff was friendly and welcoming. Room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast choices were amazing.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Keith Brogan
"Comfortable hotel"
Very close to the PA Turnpike exit - which made it easy to find. Although we did not have time this weekend, the fitness center and pool and hot tub looked very nice.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg
Thank you for choosing Wingate Mechanicsburg! We are located right off exit 236 of the PA Turnpike, very convenient for travelers!
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Loved it!"
The front desk lady was so kind and wonderful! The room was clean and the breakfast great.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Mechanicsburg
Thank you for the wonderful 5-Star review! I will be sure to pass your words along to our hard working team!
Other trip May 11, 2014
Traveler
"Nice room and hotel"
The hotel was nice and clean, the room was comfy. We just wanted a relaxing weekend getaway so it worked. There's not a whole lot on the immediate area but if you're visiting local attractions it's a great hotel
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2014
"No disappointments!"
Clean room, nice staff, clean surroundings, quiet...
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Wrog date, not able to make change, paid twice"
Because my husband had the wrong date in, I paid for a room I could not use. he called Wyndham, Mechanicsburg and I paid a second time for the room on the correct date. Hotels.com would not change the date and Wyndham could not do anything about the mistake. I booked the room on the correct date directly and will never use hotels.com again. Desk clerk and manager we spoke to were very apologetic.
1 night trip Apr 15, 2014