All hotels in Winchester, Virginia, United States of America
150 Wingate Dr, Winchester, VA, 22601, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

This hotel is on a small highest. Rooms overlook parking lot or highway. Breakfast was ok eggs were terrible but sausage and biscuit fine.
family
"Blah"
Not very user friendly. One outlet in bathroom on opposite wall from mirror. Water pressure terrible. Whenever anyone flushed their toilet it sounded like an explosion in our bathroom.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Betsy
"Best Hotel & Best Brand on our Trip"
Everything could not be more perfect - the bedding, mattresses, cleanliness, breakfast, ambience, location - this will be our #1 stop on our north-to-south trip. We had previously stayed in a Wingate near the Jacksonville airport and equally loved it ....this is now our favorite brand!
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
JoAnn
"Good Travel hotel for rthe money"
Stayed there on drive from NJ to SC with my 2 daughters ages 14 and 11. Was clean, comfortable, but not fancy of course. It is what it is- a place to sleep shower, and get ready for travel the next day. Breakfast included was a plus. Not gourmet, but it did the trick. Convenient and felt safe there. Good choice
1 night trip Oct 9, 2014
Bryan W
Perfect for our visit to Shenandoah University...less than 1/2 mile away. Weekday breakfast was substantial and very fresh. The room was good-sized and very clean.
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
Babette
"Motorcycle friendly"
The most comfortable bed I ever slept in for a hotel.. Slept very well..
1 night family trip Sep 24, 2014
Brian Dow
"Quality hotel - close to interstate"
Very comfortable, close to restaurants and shopping
1 night trip Aug 31, 2014
er
"Nice hotel near our destination"
The hotel was perfectly located to Old Town Winchester as well as Shopping at Apple Blossom Mall. Staff was very helpful with directions and information regarding shopping and sights. Nice breakfast to start our morning. The only down side to our stay was an odd odor, mainly in the hallways, slightly in the room (tolerable).
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"On our way"
Very nice hotel. Clean comfortable rooms and big variety breakfast. It was also close to several restaurants. We will definitely stay again.
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
Diana
Enjoyed my stay very much. My only complaint was that maid service knocked at 8am and there should be no need. If customers need anything that early, they'd call the desk
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Vikki
"Clean and convenient"
The room was nice and clean, and recently updated. Great location very close to our destination. Walking distance from several (chain) restaurants. The TV and coffeemaker were unplugged and we had to move some stuff around to get them working - an odd issue I haven't encountered in a hotel before. The bed was just ok - the mattress was super "jiggly" and I woke up every time my husband shifted in his sleep.
1 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2014
"Convenient"
Great Continental breakfast!
1 night trip Sep 4, 2014
"Clean, comfortable, reliable internet"
Just perfect. High speed internet streamed video without a problem. King-size bed room had love seat and desk, very comfortable. Close to mall, dining, and nail salon.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Clean, convenient, comfortable"
Clean. Convenient. Comfortable. Competitively priced accommodations with peaceful atmosphere. Centrally located right off of Route 81. Very satisfied. Pet-friendly and tidy were much appreciated. Breakfast was on par with other economy hotel chains. Hot breakfast items were a nice addition. Would stay here again if in the area.
1 night trip Aug 6, 2014
"must avoid hotel"
Upon chk.in booked room unavail. Was offered lesser room (We had a prepaid res, ) . We informed desk we were light sleepers ,We were given a supposed up-grade.This room was level with and next to hi-way ramp (rm.224) , the bath door wouldn't close , mattress bad , blankets torn , carpet warn and coming up in places ,a-c barely functional , hot tub damaged . when we talk to the front desk , were told we should contact third party that we made the resv.with (hotels.com)and that WE SHOULD RELAX AND TAKE A NAP AND THEN WE WOULD FEEL BETTER . We had a pre-paid non- refund. res. so we were stuck. The next morn. at 9:30 am I asked to see the mgr. and was told he wasn't in yet (maybe this is part of the problem ) . We have stayed at this property in the past and were very satisfied that was why we choose it again , but if this is indicative of what has happened to the property and staff , there are to many other places to stay in Winchester Va. than to put up poor lodgings and a rude staff
1 night trip Jul 23, 2014
ken p.
Courteous staff, clean room, and convenient location.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
Holly
"Good stopover"
All good. The hotel staff were efficient and friendly. The hotel was clean and breakfast was good. I would stay again.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2014
"Conveniently located, very good breakfast"
We booked a non-smoking room through Expedia for our drive north, but we had other plans for our drive south. Due to bad rainstorms and road delays, we did not make it that far south, so decided to try the Wingate again. My husband asked for a king, non-smoking room and was told we got the last one. It was NOT a non-smoking room, however. It was late, we were exhausted, so we stayed. The room reeked and so did the clothing and items we removed from the room when we left. Had we had the energy, we definitely would have left immediately. Very disappointed that they would tell us that it was a non-smoking room when it wasn't. The entire 4th floor smells of smoke the minute you get off the elevator. Changed an otherwise good experience. Achoo!!!
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Perky
"Very Nice, Good Recovery"
Entirely satisfactory visit. Nice facility, good service, clean hotel, clean room, nice breakfast, good location, lots of food choices nearby. Only hiccup was on check in. We reserved non-smoking, which should have been irrelevant because this is a "smoke free" hotel. On exiting elevator, however, 4th floor hallway reeked of smoke. Room also reeked of smoke. Called front desk and clerk IMMEDIATELY gave us another room. Key was waiting when we got back to the lobby. Second room was excellent. Great recovery! Just what we'd expect from the Wyndam.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2014
"Just Perfect"
My son and I spent the night (no smoking 2 double/queen beds) and I must say that despite the bad ratings, I found the hotel perfect-- very clean, professional staff that were friendly, no noise whatsoever, and a really nice and comfortable bed.
1 night trip Jun 15, 2014
SPR
"Overnight stop on a road trip"
Only used as a bed for the night. On a road trip. Had a comfortable night.
Other trip May 22, 2014
chrissie
"Stay over"
I requested a foldaway bed, but it wasn't provided and had to pay an extra 10 dollars for it when I got there. Other than that, it was a good stay.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
We were very satisfied. Had a clothes steamer in our room along with mini frig and microwave. Nice place. Free breakfast was very good with lots of choices. Walking distance to Chili's next door.
1 night trip May 4, 2014
Karen O.
"close to grandkids"
we had a great time with our grandkids at the pool.
2 night trip May 9, 2014
don
"Nice hotel close to interstate"
Had a enjoyable stay . I have stayed at Wyndham in other states and have always had a good stay
Other trip May 12, 2014
"front desk week day lady"
Very nice at first. My sister a cancer survivor just getting regrowth of hair ask for some towels and she was very rude on the phone. The next day she ask her for milk for her coffee because she can not tolerate half and half. I was appalled at her response. My sister does not use het cancer as a crutch so we went and purchased milk for the room. I question if she knew I was on leave from Afghanistan to spend time with my sister and nephew if she would have treated us different. My sister stated she thinks we are lesbian. We did not tell her the facts but if she assumes things and treats people on her impression I do not feel she will be there long. It has been a family tradition since we were young to come from Pennsylvania to Virginia every year prior to my Military service. She was strong enough to make to trip , I was able to get leave from the Military. We had a nice time even though my sister would tire easily. It would have been a terrific vacation had she been more cordial.
3 night family trip May 1, 2014
Candi Piper
"Convenient, Clean Hotel"
The Wingate is a fine hotel. Very clean, courteous staff and convenient to main roads and town. Breakfast is adequate but nothing special. A very good hotel for the price.
2 night business trip Apr 30, 2014
Stephen M
Needed a place to stay for one night. Never stayed at a Wingate before and we were very pleased with everything.
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
"Nice hotel outside of historic district"
This hotel was nice and clean, and seemed to be located in the heart of new Winchester. It is not near the historic district, at least not by foot. A short car drive. There are restaurants very near by, including a pretty decent Mexican restaurant if that's your flavor. The people at the desk were friendly and helpful, and they offer free toiletries if you forgot anything, which was a nice bonus. Our room was right by a first-level side exit, so beginning about 4 a.m. the foot traffic was a little noisy, but if you were not in that exact room, the place was pretty quiet. There is a pool and fitness room, and there was breakfast.
1 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Jon
"Nice for a quick overnight"
We stayed here on our way home from vacation. Comfortable room, lots of nearby restaurants. Would stay again!
1 night trip Apr 18, 2014
Easy in/easy out, good room, clean comfortable, staying on the way back from our trip.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Awesome hotel"
It was an awesome hotel,with a pool and gym. The bed was so comfortable and the guest service was amazing. I would definitely go back,if I ever come back to Virginia again.this would be the first hotel I stay in.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Marva
"Fine"
It was fine. There was a stink bug on the curtains when I got in the room. Other than that, it was fine.
1 night business trip Mar 28, 2014
"Away from the busy part, but still close to I-81."
This was a surprising visit. The room was above our expectations. The noise level was low, only heard doors closing, but by 9pm all was quiet. We had a room by the highway, but for us, we did not hear any noise, day or night.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"business trip"
Nice Hotel in a great location for meals, shopping etc. Beautiful comfortable room. Nice staff and good breakfast options. beautiful city
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
CJ
"Pleasant stay!"
Hotel was clean and comfortable.
1 night trip Mar 9, 2014
Ann
Great place to stay
1 night trip Mar 6, 2014
Dave&Amy
"Close to my conference location"
Most everything was excellent. I had a bit of difficulty communicating with housekeeping because of the language barrier but other than that it was great.
2 night business trip Feb 6, 2014
Jeremy Pohlman
"Very Nice Hotel"
This is our 2nd stay at this hotel and it continues to meet our expectations. Clean rooms, friendly staff and convenient to I81. The only negative is the $12 charge for our pet.
1 night trip Jan 28, 2014
"Nice clean place to stay"
We stayed here because it was near Olive Garden, my wife's favorite restaurant. I have no complaints with the hotel. It was clean, quiet, and in good repair. The only slight negative might be the bed covering. It seemed a little small for the king size bed and was made of a material kind of like foam. But really, we still slept just fine. Overall, a very good experience.
1 night romance trip Jan 25, 2014
Matthew
"Loud morning"
We were accross from the elevator, and that was quiet compared to the noise from the staff who cleans the room. Their service room was accross from us and it was noisey.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
Upon check in, the front desk could have mentioned about the time for the breakfast the next morning. As a result, I missed the free breakfast since it ended at 9:30 which seemed a little early to me.
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
"Great for pets and people!"
Everything was very clean, the room was much bigger than we expected, and there was not even an extra charge for our dog. And the hot breakfast, featuring scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage gravy, was the best we've ever experienced in a roadside hotel!
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
David and Mary
"Decent but a bit overpriced"
Room was ok....probably 10-20 bucks more than it should have been.....had to switch rooms rooms because we found small animal droppings in the bathroom.
Other trip Dec 28, 2013
have stayed in places that were quieter. breakfast was fair
1 night trip Dec 18, 2013
"An okay stay but nothing exceptional"
Pros...Clean room, good shower, clear flat screen TV and friendly staff. Cons...Working on leak repairs in lobby upon arrival and no one at the front desk for a couple of minutes. Mattress's were very soft (as in springs worn out, not comfortable, luxurious soft). Coffee didn't taste like coffee and I'm not a coffee snob. Breakfast is exactly the same as most middle of the road establishments.
1 night trip Dec 19, 2013
symsdad
"Shenandoah University, the mall in old Winchester"
The hotel is near a busy main road, but it is on a quiet street. Staff was very helpful, and breakfast was grear..
2 night trip with friends Dec 13, 2013
"Great value in Winchester"
We've stayed three times now to visit relatives and have always been pleased with this hotel. It is clean and the staff is helpful and courteous. For the money, recommend strongly.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Will
"love it"
Great room, great price
1 night trip Dec 5, 2013
"Don't go for the comfort"
The room was clean and did not have the "hotel odor" that often I find, but the beds were so soft and lumpy and the sheets felt hard, the fabric was piling, making it very scratchy & uncomfortable. Noisy heat and the heat was either on or off, could not get it to be comfortable.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013