All hotels in Orlando, Florida, United States of America
5661 Windhover Dr, Orlando, FL, 32819, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"At Universal's doorstep"
Wanted a hotel close to Universal. Well, this is just across the street from one of the entrances. Comfortable, clean room with fridge. I-Hop and Taco Bell in parking lot, TGI Fridays a block away. Fair, but not outstanding breakfast. Outdoor pool and indoor spa which we did not use, but looked clean. I'd book here again.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
teresa
"One Night before Universal"
Overall, pretty good stay for the price. Breakfast was ok. A few things that need attention in the room, like touch of rust on the tub or shower head. The mattress was a bit old because it had springs so it was a bit uncomfortable. If we ever need a hotel for the night to sleep and a decent breakfast in the morning that was included we would stay again. Super close to Universal was a huge plus!
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Monica
"Wingate Universal Studios"
Rooms were nice enough, bed slept great, breakfast was little more than the basic continental breakfast - cereal, pastries, waffles, eggs, meat, & toast. Wish coffee would be available in lobby before 7am because I'm an early . Not much to do around the hotel, but there is a dock behind it where you can feed the fish, turtles, and alligator. That was pretty cool.
4 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
"Holy Land visit"
Wonderful atmosphere. Rained every evening so that we could not use the pool. Enjoyed the aligators in lake
4 night romance trip Jun 8, 2015
Pauline
"Wingate June 2015"
The room was comfortable. The air conditioners were loud, but over all I was comfortable
5 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Jeremy
"great hotel!"
Very good experience.
2 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
"Dirty Hotel"
The bathroom was dirty and the bedsheets did not seem clean. Will not recommend this hotel to anyone.
1 night family trip Jun 9, 2015
"It was okay but....."
The hotel was fine. My issue was that I booked the room through hotel.com so I paid for the room in full. I understand that the hotel holds a portion for incidentals, which was supposed to be 10.00, but they charged me again for the entire room. What frustrated me about the whole situation was that they wouldn't say hey its our fault let us comp you a room or something complementary on us for the mistake. Because they billed me twice for the room and it wasn't reversed right away it was a challenge getting home. So the hotel was nice and everything, but because of that I would be hesitant about staying again.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2015
"nice room, helpful staff, good breakfast"
nice place to stay
Lori
"Quiet, away from International Drive"
We stayed over Memorial day weekend. The room was fine, beds were comfortable, and the hotel was quiet. The location is within walking distance to some fast food restaurants and an IHOP. Also, we were off the very busy International Drive, but on the trolley route. We walked next door to pick up the trolley and then rode it down to the attractions on International Drive. All in all, this was a good hotel, not luxurious, for a good price in a great location. There was also a pond where my granddaughter enjoyed watching the turtles, birds and gator! We would stay here again!
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Edna
"Nice hotel for a short stay."
Good service.... comfortable rooms... not great breakfast...... free parking....gives you your money's worth
Other trip May 29, 2015
Ruhi
"Ok for a night or two"
The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. With that said, the hotel needed to fix some things. In our room the shower rod was broken and the toilet seat was old and had what appeared to be pealing plastic. When taking a shower you had to frequently adjust the curtain so you wouldn't flood the bathroom. The breakfast area was small for the hotel. There were no seats and everyone was struggling to get food. The selection of food was average to poor based on what I've received at other hotels.
Sven
"Good location, nice for a short stay"
My granddaughter enjoyed watching the gator and turtles in the pond by the hotel. The room was fine-clean, comfortable beds. A couple fast food restaurants and an IHOP were within walking distance. The location was good because we were out of the crazy International Drive traffic, yet we were on the trolley line and could ride it to International Drive without having to drive our own car and worry about parking. The hotel was not luxurious, but it met our needs. Also, no noisy guests at night was a plus since it was a holiday weekend.
Edna
"Great Hotel!!! :)"
I was there for two nights, breakfast was delicious and the area was kept clean. I will return to this hotel. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Other trip May 26, 2015
Gisy
"Awesome hotel- service, cleanliness and location!!"
The hotel staff is excellent. We booked the room the day we needed it and showed up early (3 hours before check in) the staff was able to get us early check in so we could unload all of our bags and get to universal studios! They have a great complimentary breakfast with waffle machines, cereal, drinks and an array of fresh pastries. It's also within walking distance of universal/islands of adventure and several restaurants - including: IHOP, chick fila, Boston market, a steak house, Mexican and many others! Definitely recommend this hotel!
1 night romance trip May 13, 2015
mary
"Very clean and room has alot of space...."
We just stayed one night but overall it was worth every penny even just for $100. Room was very spacious, clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. Well presented!! Everything was neat and tidy and I definitely would like to stay for a longer period of time next time I book this hotel. It also is very close to all the attractions. I do live only 45 mins to a hour away but for a weekend getaway I would choose the wyngate agian for sure.
Other trip May 19, 2015
"Everything we needed"
It was a very nice room. Great breakfast in the mornings. Well worth it!!
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Taylor
"Just an "ok" stay"
The stay was ok but we don't recommend going during a conference due to the lack of staff or their ability to accomadste them.
1 night romance trip May 14, 2015
"Don't get too excited about the breakfast"
Breakfast was pretty terrible, juice tasted like tang. Other than that, everything was fine and good for the price.
1 night trip with friends May 12, 2015
"Nice hotel. Bad room ac"
Shower head needed to be replaced and ac would turn off for a few minutes after every 10 minutes of running.
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Good time"
It was awesome
4 night romance trip May 3, 2015
"Wingate is a winner!"
Lovely hotel in a convenient location for Universal Studios which is walking distance, Interstate 4 for Disney or Tampa and also close to I-drive and Orlando. Friendly staff and clean room.
1 night trip May 7, 2015
"Great hotel great price"
great hotel right next to Universal Studios great room will stay again.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"Good place to stay close to Universal"
The room was very nice, no problems whatsoever. They serve a good breakfast.
1 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"Stay for one or two nights is acceptable"
no comment
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
Dieter
"Wingate great place."
The staff was outstanding especially Alex even though he's a Steelers fan his attitude was outstanding. The only thing I would like to see is water offered in the rooms. Great hotel and I will stay with them again.
1 night family trip May 4, 2015
"Great Hotel!"
We had a very nice stay at this hotel. We stayed for 4 nights and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. It is only a 10-20 minute walk and close to other attractions as well. The front desk was very nice and welcoming each time we came in the front area or had a question. I will stay here again when I am back in Orlando.
1 night family trip Apr 13, 2015
Cynthia
"love the wyndham"
it was only one night but it was nice, clean and love the breakfast.
Diego
"The Stay was just OK"
I honestly expected more from a Wyndham. The room was fine but smelled really musty. The hotel staff was very helpful and breakfast filled up my family promptly at 7am so we could be on our way.
Other trip May 6, 2015
"Bad experience"
I wasn't too happy with the cleaning people. The cleaner kept reminding us in the hallway that the check out time is 11 when I had extended check out. I told her I had extended checkout and she kept saying go do that at front desk. She mentioned this like 3 time while walking in the hallway. Also breakfast was supposed to be from 6 to 9 or 930 I forgot and if any of the food finished it was not refilled so it started becoming the earlier you go your chances of getting everything was better. If breakfast is to be served at an allotted time it should be fully stock for that time period. Also the staff put away the food before the time that breakfast was supposed to end.
2 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Convenient location."
Overall, the hotel was great. I was greeted very pleasantly by Alex. He was more than willing to help me. The room and breakfast were wonderful. The only complaints I have are: the exercise room and the whirlpool. (2 of the main reasons I chose this hotel) I wouldn't call it an exercise room for it only had 3 machines. The whirlpool was broken and no sign was on the door when I went to use it. The hotel as close to Universal and had restaurants close by. Also, you can catch the I-bus right outside the hotel and take a ride to International Drive.
1 night trip May 3, 2015
"Expensive and not satisfactory"
Rooms were costly for the service and room condition they provide.Customer service at reception was very poor. Breakfast variety was very limited, no fruits included. Hotel taxi was also costly. Overall it was not worth the money.
Supriya Shree
Everything was great, the price was good. There was even a hot tub and swimming pool
Kenneth
"a breath of fresh air"
It was very nice. Everything was very clean and neat. The staff had great attitudes and the breakfast was great! The neighborhood was nice with a lot to do close by. Me and my other half has a blast!
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Coming back."
Very friendly front desk and super responsive room service. Also, super close to universal.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Everyone was really Nice and the rooms were clean"
The bed was super comfortableand the kids liked making their own waffles.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Awesome hotel!"
Wonderful stay! Quiet rooms. Comfortable beds. Blocks from Universal with a free shuttle service door to door. Stayed 4 days in a great room. Walking distance to many restaurants, fast food and others. Staff was very helpful. Hot breakfasts well attended. Nice indoor hot tub and outdoor pool. Strong internet for loading photos and other. Will stay here next trip!!
1 night romance trip May 1, 2015
We loved the facility and the service.
1 night family trip Apr 28, 2015
Jesus
"Vacations"
Nice hotel,i come back again
2 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Cristina
"Staying at Wingate"
Great place for the $$ Very close to Universal.
1 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Gregory Paul Hewitt
"Read me! :D"
Room was very spacious and very comfortable especially the bed.. King with sofa bed , refrig and microwave! Everything was clean , no weird smells. Quiet. Down the street from universal. A lot of restaurants on the same street. I wouldn't say this a complaint because most hotel room AC's are loud .. But this one was one of the loudest. the breakfast was very BLAH! I wish it was more buffet type with more options and sides. The eggs looked like mini skinny pancakes . Weird. Some sort of breakfast is important so it helped but not satisfied. I would stay again and recommend it. ;))
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Loved it"
Very good
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Billy
"Place Needs an upgrade !"
the bathtub knob was broken could not take a bath, shower head a bit rusted and breakfast bar was very limited and waffle maker was not working properly for any guest we saw including ourselves. A great place for a one night stay
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Stay was very comfortable and the hotel was very clean
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
"overnight stay"
Just an overnight stay as we weren't able to get a flight out. Hotel was nice, just on the outskirts of Universal studios and is close to several restaurants. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Apr 13, 2015
Samuel
"excellent"
good
2 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
Lovella
"Comfortable hotel"
Great hotel within walking distance of Universal Orlando. The desk clerks were all very helpful and friendly. One evening clerk went out of his way to help me print some documents. Room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was good enough, not amazing, but better than the IHOP food next door! There are a few restaurants close by and a Walgreens for basics. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
"Close to Universal... Nice Staff"
Not a great area of town, but close to Universal.
2 night business trip Apr 12, 2015