All hotels in Columbus, Mississippi, United States of America
129 Brickerton St, Columbus, MS, 39701, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Nice place and good breakfast
1 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
"overnight stay"
Hallways stunk and the "gym" is lacking. The hot tub is in the lobby area for everyone to stare at you. The neighborhood is not that great but Columbus doesn't really have "good" neighborhoods.
1 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
bryce
"Travel for Memorial Service"
I used the hotel to attend the memorial service in Starkville for a friend. I was traveling as an individual, and I stayed one night. The hotel is close to Highway 82 with easy access. Very friendly and helpful staff. Shopping and food are available one exit down on Highway 82. Clean comfortable room. Nice hot breakfast.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
Robert B.
very good, close to what I needed to do in Columbus. Easy to get to.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"Convenient but could have been cleaner"
Did not look like it had been cleaned properly. We spoke to the staff when we checked in late and they offered to come and make it right. They wiped spots off the wall & brought new linens. However the floors did not appear to have been vacuumed (we actually found a receipt on the floor from a previous guest....)
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Columbus
Kathy, Thank you for bringing these issue to my attention. I apologize for the improper cleaning of your room. This is not how we normally do business. Again sorry for any inconvenience this caused you. Thanks Tammy-GM
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Recent trip"
Breakfast was sparse and they kept running out of food during the busiest time when hotel guests arrived to eat breakfast each morning. Staff members are pleasant.
5 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Most of the decent hotels were $70+"
Went back to my hometown to visit family. While trying to a decent hotel for the visit came across a deal from Expedia. Was able to get a big enough room for cheaper than most hotels and for a better room too. Great service and they worked it so my disabled mother was able to have a downstairs room.
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
Sunnie
"Not convienant"
It was really disappointing staying their motel was not as clean as I would have thought and the house cleaning people were very rude.i probably will never stay at the hotel again.We found dirty wraps and socks and shoes laying in the floor and as I said the house keeping you could tell was terrible.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Weekend Getaway.."
The hotel was very nice and clean , will stay again!
2 night trip with friends Dec 26, 2014
VINCENT
"holiday"
It was very nice. Rooms are amazing and very clean. I love the fact that they well work with you if you're are running later then you thought you would. I have one thing bad to say and that the tv channel. Need better cable service.
1 night romance trip Dec 25, 2014
"Motel 6 experience in nicer hotel chain"
We had requested adjoining rooms. We have 4 young children and this is a must. They said they did not see the request and did not have any available. This resulted in a lot of running back from room to room, very inconvenient. The hotel had a musty, foul odor. The walls and floor were pretty dirty.
2 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Erin
"Christmas Trip"
Our trip to Columbus was for Christmas with family. The first room we were put in had a leak in the ceiling and was still dripping plaster. We reported this to the front desk and were immediately moved to another room. This room was very comfortable but the ice bucket did not have a bag. When the room was cleaned the next day, the ice bucket was not emptied and again there was not a bag. Other than that, the room appeared clean. The breakfast was very good and the hotel staff were all very pleasant and helpful.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
Fast check-in. Hotel staff pleasant. Would stay again due to good service.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
"Michael"
It was a quiet stay and a nice neighbor.
1 night family trip Dec 15, 2014
"Good place."
Manager and staff more than helpful, kind and courteous. Nice breakfast too!
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2014
"It was fine"
It was what I expected for $80/night. It was not great but it was fine. The pillows were soft enough. The bathroom was a bit weathered. Breakfast was actually pretty good. I probably wouldn't recommend if you were doing a long-term stay but I would stay here again when passing through town.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Columbus
Thank you for your response to your stay at Wingate by Wyndham Columbus. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and the pillows. I do apologize for the outdated bathroom. We have begun updating the vanity and wall coverings in the entire hotel. We have 60% done and should finalized the remaining soon. I hope that you will give us another chance to show you our improvements. Tammy Roddy-GM
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"Recent one night stay"
In for a funeral. Staff was very friendly and helpful with directions and advice. The room was clean and the breakfast was more than adequate for some hungry teenagers.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Columbus
Thank you for staying with us. Prayers go out on the lost of a family/friend member. I am glad that the teenagers enjoyed their breakfast. Tammy Roddy-GM
1 night family trip Dec 8, 2014
"Good Hotel"
Staff was great. Offered happy hour from 5-7pm with free beverages. Room was clean. Located near Air Force base. Neighborhood/area was good. Close to strip of restaurants.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
"trip"
The pool was cold .the best breakfast. The bed was great
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Columbus
Thanks for your review and staying with us at Wingate by Wyndham. The cold water in the pool has been addressed and it is nice a warm. I appreciate you telling us. Tammy Roddy-GM
1 night romance trip Dec 4, 2014
stephen
"Gametime"
Stay was comfortable, experience no issues
1 night trip Nov 28, 2014
Kenneth
"GREAT STAY AFTER ALL DAY AT BALLGAME"
The hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice. It was a great place to stay after being at a ballgame all day.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
"Hotel was a great price in a great location."
I had a good experience at this hotel. The staff was friendly. The room was clean, but the pillows smelled of cigarette smoke when I went to sleep that night. Overall it was good for the price.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Columbus
Let me start by apologizing for the pillow smelling like smoke. We are completely non-smoking hotel. We often have to do a deep cleaning of the rooms after a guest smokes in it. However, apparently the pillow still had the linger of smoke in it. I hope that you will give us another try and welcome you to tour your next room before checking in. GM
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Good value/good location"
Most disappointing was the breakfast Saturday morning. I came down at 8:30 am, an hour before breakfast service was to conclude. There was only instant oatmeal rather than a pot of oatmeal as is often the case with such complimentary breakfasts. The brown sugar was as hard as a rock - I tried to break off some with the plastic utensils provided and they just bent! I took it to the staff, who acted disdainful. Apparently, they did not replace the obviously aged brown sugar but rather just broke up a small amount on top and put it back out. I was finishing at 9:30 and the water pitcher was empty. I approached the staff at the door of the "kitchen" and asked for some water and was told, "The faucet's right there," indicating a faucet over a double sink filled with dirty dishes and soapy water. Also at 8:30 a.m., the gravy served alongside the biscuits was gone and I asked if they were going to put out more and was told no because they were "all out of gravy." With more than an hour of breakfast service left!? On the other hand, the desk staff was courteous, which was the sum total of my staff interaction besides the breakfast staff. The room was comfortable, there were plenty of pillows. I did notice that this time, as was the case at a previous stay, there is an unpleasant odor - a musty, mildew smell - when riding the elevators. Wingate offers good value and the price is very reasonable. Nothing happened which would cause me to complain or to refrain from returning.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
W girl
"Nice hotel clean"
It was just perfet and my family enjoyed every thing good services,clean will be visting again like the rate
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Good for work travel. Nice pool + hot tub."
Good for work travel. Nice pool + hot tub. Writing more characters because I have to in order to submit.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
"Nice hotel not to far away from good food"
I was close enough to my daughter's final dinner at the W. I was also really close to HWY 82 to return home, but not too far away was great dining and shopping.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Rita
Great service just wish it was a smoking facility but they accommodated us by putting us on the first floor
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
Teresa
"Weekend getaway"
Always a great stay.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
Nice clean facility at a reasonable price. Breakfast was better than most.
Warren
"Short and nasty"
Bathroom wasn't clean and toilet kept running wouldn't flush! Black skid marks on toilet seat nasty!
Mae
"Game Day Travel"
Reasonable rates. Needs some updating but the linens were clean. Great hotel for when you are traveling and just need a bed to rest for the night.
"Columbus"
A great place to stay, very nice and upscale for the region.
1 night business trip Nov 11, 2014
Pedro
Nice and love the staff.
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2014
Chermaine
"good value for the money"
the room was recently remodeled and nice. bed could be better but was nice and clean. shower remodel was not very good. whoever remodeled the shower walls needs to learn from a professional.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
tom
"business trip"
Hotel was clean and comfortable. Breakfast had good variety. My only issue was that the heated pool was not heated when I was there.
2 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
Anne L
"Clean, Comfortable Beds, Great Breakfast"
We enjoyed our stay at the hotel.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
"Its time to renovate"
The hotel personal were friendly and helpful. The hotel building is getting tired, and needs to be reconditioned. Our rooms bathroom was a mess, the wallpaper has pulled away from the walls due to a moisture problem, the toilet attachment bolts were not secure or covered, and the tub was rusty around the drain. The rooms furniture and bedding was stained.
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
Donald
"Good hotel for the money"
Overall, the hotel was clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was excellent!!!! The staff was pretty friendly. There was one clerk who had an attitude on my check-out day. As a whole, I would recommend this hotel to any traveler.
1 night business trip Oct 7, 2014
J. Hatch
Other than beds being hard and lack of ventilation in the hot tub room, this hotel is very nice. Great location, great staff and love the complimentary breakfast, evening drinks and snacks.
Other trip Oct 11, 2014
"Hotel"
It was good.. Staff excellent any problems they fixed right away. I would recommend.
1 night business trip Oct 5, 2014
Deyanne
"Perfect for our needs"
Staff very personable and helpful
1 night trip Sep 30, 2014
"Columbus"
We were really pleased with our stay and had one minor problem. The hot water handle in bathroom fell off every time you used it. I reported it and trust that they fixed the problem. I have already recommended your facility to family in Alabama that will be coming that way periodically. I was pleasantly surprised that you gave me a $20 nightly rate better than that of the Wyndham Rewards program offered. That is why I booked through you.
1 night family trip Sep 29, 2014
Alma
"Good stay"
I made a quick trip to Columbus, MS for business. The bed comfort was great and the employees were very nice.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
"The Hotel needed remodeling. But the rm was clean"
The Hotel needed remodeling. But the rm was clean and the staff were friendly. A good place to stay.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
visiting
"Terry"
Very nice I would recommend this hotel
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
Terry
Another good stay.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2014
Service was excellent! I will most definitely return again! Breakfast was delicious!
1 night trip with friends Sep 13, 2014
Liz
"Comfortable stay"
After reading the negative reviews on this hotel I was a little skeptical. But I was not disappointed at all. The room was clean and spacious. The location of the hotel was great. And the complimentary breakfast was a plus. Even though it says when you book that breakfast is not included the lady at the desk says it's available to all guests.
3 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
Ro
Room was okay but had some dirty furnature and bathroom has hair in tub.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Wingate Stay"
Changed rooms due to the carpet not being vaccumed, crumbs on the floor. Found broken tooth pick on night stand. The second room didn't have crumbs on the floor but the carpet was still not cleaned well.. Found hair in the floor in the bathroom and the half of a coffee cup in the floor beside chair. I didn't feel like changing rooms again but did ask the clerk if something was wrong with there vaccum cleaner. She said she would get maintenance to check. I'm sure it had more to do with house keeping but I was just trying to be considerant just in case. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was good. Overall it was a nice place to stay, just think the cleaning could have been better than what I experienced in the two rooms. The hall ways seemed to be clean so I'm not sure what the deal was in the rooms.
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2014