All hotels in Columbus, Mississippi, United States of America
129 Brickerton St, Columbus, MS, 39701, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Dirty
    Room is not nice
Stayed two nights in a row - different room each night. The first night I stayed in a double and it was great. Staff and all. The 2nd night I was in a handicap assessable king bed room, which was just fine, the rooms had a couple of things looked as if needed to be fixed. The smoke alarm was detached from ceiling, floor lamp shade/lamp in corner of room was tilted over onto curtain, the lamp on the desk didn't work, the lamp next to chair was unplugged, and the towel hanger in the bathroom was pulled out from the wall.... not sure this room gets used much or if just overlooked by house keeping? over all the stay was fine! Staff was courteous and helpful and the breakfast was great.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2015
"Awesome hotel"
I book a stay at the Wingate every time I'm in the area. I love it every time.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2015
Krystal
"Latest stay in Columbus, MS"
We've stayed at this hotel before and will stay there again. It's very nice, the staff are knowledgable and helpful and the breakfast is great.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2015
"We'll be back!"
Loved the hotel and the staff were fabulous!! The pool was great, the breakfast was perfect. The only recommendation is for new pillows. The ones we had felt like wadded up tissues stuffed in a pillowcase.
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
Doug and Jenny
Although a block of rooms was reserved for our group, I was told there were no rooms left during my first attempt to get a reservation. Thus, I got a room through hotels.com. I was informed by our group's organizer that there were supposed to still be rooms available. I was instructed to contact the manager, and although she was very pleasant and helpful and there were indeed rooms available, she proceeded to make the reservations for the incorrect dates. This should have been my warning. Overall, once we arrived the staff were pleasant and helpful. I'm sure this used to be a nice hotel, but it is in desperate need of renovation. The carpet in the common areas and rooms is stained, torn, and wrinkled. The wallpaper was peeling in our room and bathroom. The furniture was scuffed and worn. The ceiling had obvious signs of leaks. Worst of all, the bathroom was not very clean. The faucet had not been cleaned in awhile and had splatter and stains on it. The shower was stained and dirty. There was a very musty odor in the rooms as well. The breakfast that was served was disgusting. By this I mean, there was rotting fruit (bananas fell apart when I tried to extract one from the bunch and rotting apples were present in the bowls). The English Muffin that I settled on was stale. Overall, do not spend your money here.
1 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
"Disappointed Stay"
We were very disappointed in our stay. The bed had stains on it. It seemed to look like old spaghetti sauce. The bathroom was nasty. There was hair in the tub and hair on our supposedly clean towels. We opened the fridge to put our drinks in and there was food and drinks from the previous persons stay. We went to get ice and the inside of the ice bucket had mold and dirt in it. We will not stay here ever again and we visit Columbus frequently.
1 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
"GREAT STAY!!!!"
Great stay!! Clean rooms and one of the best breakfast select around!!
1 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Christopher
"Will Stay There Agaun"
In town for a Mississippi State game. This hotel was very reasonable and fine for us. Close enough to restaurants, etc. will be staying here again.
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
The sweet lady helping with the breakfast buffet was very attentive!
2 night family trip Sep 11, 2015
It was OK service could have been a little better (Front desk) not very friendly.
2 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
"Great hotel!"
I loved staying at the Wingate in Columbus, MS. Everyone who worked there was friendly and helpful. The room was neat, clean and everything worked well. Staff were kind enough to provide extra pillows and a blanket, per my request. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will continue to look for the Wingate hotels as I travel for work. I have already recommended them to family, friends and co-workers. Great service and accommodations!
5 night business trip Aug 24, 2015
"Good Stay"
Rooms very comfortable, clean and roomy. Very good breakfast. Also very reasonable rate.
1 night romance trip Sep 8, 2015
Gerald
"Columbus hotel review"
Older model hotel with window air conditioner. Decor is modern. Breakfast just ok. Would stay again if other hotels are booked up in the area.
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2015
"great hotel"
Wonderful
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
"nice hotel, not so nice neighborhood"
Great stay here. Great breakfast, very clean and friendly. The neighborhood was a little ghetto, but it wasn't too bad. When I went to have breakfast the next morning I realized I was the only white person in the whole cafe. lol I don't mind but for some of you who do...this would probably not be your fav place to stay!
1 night family trip Sep 6, 2015
Brittany
"Excellent value"
Excellent value.
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Kent
"Bad customer service and terrible housekeeping"
My stay was horrifically the worse experience anyone can imagine I had to change rooms three times before finally making the choice to just leave the hotel and transfer to another hotel in which I was still charged the regular room rate and was told by the staff that I had to wait until the next business to talk to an manager in regards to refunding my funds since that was on Friday night and the manager only work between the hours of 9:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday in which as of August 1,2015 now September 7,2015 I have yet to receive refund or even an apology from the manager
1 night trip Aug 1, 2015
Shequita
Great room
1 night romance trip Aug 30, 2015
Dennis B
"Very comfortable stay!"
The room was beautiful and a lot larger than what you get at other hotels for the same price. Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful, with the exception of a couple of the housekeeping staff. The cookies and popcorn in the lobby at night were a very nice touch, and breakfast was excellent. If I had a complaint, it would just be that housekeeping needs to wait until at least 10:00 am before they start coming around, banging on doors.....and maybe not roll their eyes when politely asked to come back later.
1 night romance trip Aug 25, 2015
Oxford
"Definitely will stay here again!"
This hotel is awesome for the cost. I paid less than $60 per night and that included tax and free breakfast. The breakfast was fantastic and the staff was amazing. The listing on the site didn't mention it had a indoor pool and indoor hot tub so those were just nice perks.
1 night business trip Aug 28, 2015
"Columbus Comfy"
Staff was very helpful and room was comfortable. It was very quiet and easy to rest.
1 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
"Needs remodel"
The toilet in my room didn't flush properly. The room looked worn and needed a fresh coat of paint. Paint chipped door frames etc.
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2015
scott
"Very good hotel..."
Very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was clean, the breakfast was hot as well as the normal continental, the staff was very courteous and knowledgeable. The room was very comfy and had the fridge & microwave. The indoor pool was helpful during the rainy time we were there.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Columbus
Thank you for staying with Wingate by Wyndham Columbus. Also, thank you for the wonderful comments. It was our pleasure to serve you during your stay with us.
3 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
Constance
When we arrived they had no rooms due to an error with hotels.com. BUT, the manager found a room with a single king size bed which was fine for my wife and me.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Columbus
Thank you for staying with Wiingate by Wyndham Columbus. Sorry that you had issues with your reservation. It was our pleasure to serve you.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Very comfortable and wonderful staff.
Response by Wingate by Wyndham Columbus
Thanks for staying with Wingate by Wyndham Columbus and for the wonderful comment.
3 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
C R
"MUW Graduation"
The hotel can use some updates... the breakfast was wonderful..we really enjoyed ourstay
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Anita
most comfortable bed I have slept on in a hotel. very clean
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
teresa
"Superb"
I really was impressed first time ever staying at a Wingate Hotel
1 night business trip Jul 31, 2015
The facility is older and little has been updated, room ceiling had water damage. However the staff is great, friendly.
Other trip Jul 30, 2015
Judie
"Worst hotel ever."
Worst hotel ever. Room was not clean, missing cups and soap upon checkin. Stayed for three nights, bed was not made/sheets only pulled up, pillows not fluffed, we're not touched after we were out of bed. Room was never vacuumed. Bathroom never cleaned; hair still in tub. Breakfast bar was terrible, not fully stocked and what was there was horrible. Only had two tables with for four people. Staff not friendly. Never asked how our hotel experience was (good thing for them-shows their customer service skills or lack thereof). I asked to sign up for hotel rewards however, will go to another Wingate again!
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Ok but overpriced."
The hotel wasn't bad but was not in the best shape. Air worked and bed was comfortable. The mini fridge knob was busted and almost made my soda explode. The shower bottom was bubbled up in several places and the wallpaper curled up at almost every seem. The breakfast was ok but the OJ wasn't real OJ and the hash browns were severely over-cooked. I couldn't even take a bite. The hot tub was kind of rough but relaxing. TV channels had a good selection. Staff was friendly and helpful but I don't think I will stay here for the price again.
3 night trip with friends Jul 23, 2015
jessica
"Average accommodations at best"
Room was small but suitable. Bathroom was tiny where the door barely cleared the toilet when opened. Other guests included several work vehicles that made it seem lower end. Wasn't impressed at all.
4 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Douglas
"OK"
We were there for 3 days. They didn't do anything as far as cleaning while we were there. They just passed us by.
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
terry
"Good Stay at Reasonable Price"
I have stayed here before but found the staff to be better and the overall facility seemed cleaner this time. My previous stay I was a little disappointed with the overall cleanliness but not so this time. The rooms are nice and the staff was very good. Breakfast is typical of most places but was well arranged and good. I should mention the pool is still not open in case that is important to someone. Also the hallway was very warm as the a/c in the halls seemed to not be working however the rooms were just fine. A nice extra they do from I believe 5pm to 7 pm is have free cookies and popcorn and if you are a rewards member I believe you even get two free soft drinks.
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2015
henry
needs an update. friendly staff.
1 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
"Satisfied and future loyal patron."
After going and unpacking,I discovered the entry door would not lock,therefore I was unable to leave the room with my belongings inside.However the desk was quick to respond and in about an hour the technician had disassembled the lock and corrected the problem.Otherwise,my stay was excellent and I would not hesitate to c hoose the Wingate for my next hotel stay.My compliments to management and staff.And,by the way,I think the cost of the room was an excellent value.
1 night business trip Jul 10, 2015
Mark W
"Clean and comfortable. Great price/need I say more"
Clean and comfortable. We got a great price with Expedia. The location is convenient. Other hotels nearby were not even close in quality. I work with a group of females and we felt safe in the area.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"Cleanliness of room"
Was pleased with our accomodations. The room was clean and comfortable. Close to mall etc. The staff was very effecient and friendly. Would book again.
3 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
Janet W.
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful! However, there were a few issues. The hallways/corridors on each floor were humid and uncomfortable during our stay. Also, the carpet in the hallway was torn in several places. The rooms were very nice and comfortable, as was the lobby. The breakfast bar/area was excellent. We enjoyed our stay. Thank you
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
Sheryl
"No air conditioner \no towels"
When I first got there and got to the room, no towels had been put in the room. The air conditioner was not working as well. I went down stairs to tell the lady at the front desk, and she told me to wait thirty minutes and see if the car got cold. Took the kids to the pool and only to return back to my room to still no towels nor air conditioner. I was upset due to the fact the lady at the front desk I think she was the manager never did anything to try and help me. I had two small kids with me and they were very cranky and upset bc we were having to stay in a hotel with no air conditioning and temps of about 90 degrees in the room. I have stayed at this hotel before and both times I Am not a happy customer with this hotel.. Will not stay there again.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
j
"Would shop around"
Seemed a bit run down with too much spray scent used to cover odor.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
frank
"Overniter"
Only there to overnite didn't use any of the services but was disappointed in the condition being it bore the Wyndham name, which was reason we chose it. The bed was comfy.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"good place for price."
Everything was fine except the spa jets did not work properly. Very friendly and clean. Good breakfast.
3 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
clarence
"A decent stay...not bad at all."
It was comfortable and convenient for our stay and I wouldn't mind staying there again but I probably would not search it out to stay there...
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Jacquie
The room and service was great! However, I felt the back parking lot needs more lights, it was really dark and didn't feel safe.
2 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
"Confirm your Expedia reservation"
I booked a two night stay, but plans changed. Only needed one night. Room was prepaid so I couldn't change the reservation. That's ok. Expedia saved me enough to make it worth it. Called hotel and told them I would be coming in a day late. No one updated the computer and when I went to check in my reservations had been cancelled and they tried to charge me for a room. The manager did correct the situation but it took 30 minutes just to check in.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"nice staff great breakfast."
the overall stay was great. the only problem was the pool was being painted and the hot tub was not working properly. we were informed when we checked in about the pool but were told hot tub was working. the hot tub was hot just the jets did not work. the staff was friendly and helpfull. the breakfast had a wide varity and tasted very good. The staff did say the hotel was undergoing renovations and i am sure when the renovations are complete it will be great.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
joe
"Nice location"
Didn't know the hotel allowed Dogs . Like the Breakfast menu.
Other trip Jun 6, 2015
Ron
It was great. The price was great. The bed slept very well. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip with friends May 29, 2015
"Columbus Hotel"
The room was old and very traditional. Room service only made bed and emptied garbage. There was spilled drink and crumbs left on carpet. The shower was not clean. The chair in room was soiled. The front desk receptionist was very nice. Loved the popcorn and fresh baked cookies.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015