All hotels in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica
Manuel Antonio Beach, Quepos, Manuel Antonio, Puntarenas, 6350, Costa Rica, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Beautiful hotel with a great beach view"
We really enjoyed our stay at La Mariposa. We had reserved a partial beach view room, but believe we got upgraded, because our view was beach front and beautiful. The hotel staff was really nice and accommodating as well. The shuttle to take us to our next destination arrived a little early on our last day and the hotel staff came to look for us on a golf cart. I thought that was really nice of them, over and above what I expected the staff to do for us.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"What a Great Experience!"
We were there only two nights and three days, and it was not nearly long enough. We could have stayed at the hotel and enjoyed the view, staff, and hotel without experiencing anything else in the area. By the way, we are not young, in love, or any of that stuff. We are senior citizens who know how to enjoy life at it's best...and we thought this was the BEST.
Other trip May 14, 2014
"A magical place with a view to absolutely die for."
Loved the La Mariposa, and to the locals it's a legendary hotel. 270-degree ocean views from our room were breathtaking, as were the views from the dining room, pools, and hotel bars. Room was spacious, clean, deck was huge. Staff was exceptionally friendly, helpful and accommodating. The included morning breakfast was incredible. And a gorgeous beach is just a 10-15 minute walk away. For this area, it's the ONLY place to stay. We will return. Nothing but superlatives for the wonderful hotel.
Other trip May 3, 2014
Dean
"Beautiful View But Poor Service"
This hotel was in the most unbelievable location. There were 270 degree views of the ocean, which made me want to do nothing but lay poolside enjoying the view. The hotel was clean and the food at the restaurant was great. My biggest complaint was that the staff (other than those at the front desk), lacked friendliness. Everywhere we went in Costa Rica the people were so generous and kind and the hotel staff at La Mariposa seemed to hate us. They never smiled, they were not very attentive and they seemed so unhappy all the time.
3 night trip with friends Apr 24, 2014
Ashley
"We Loved it!"
La Mariposa was our last stop in an adventure travel tour around Costa Rica. It was our nicest hotel and a perfect retreat for our time in Manuel Antonio. The hotel is perched up on the top of a hill offering outstanding views of the ocean and surrounding countryside. The view alone is a reason to stay there. But there are several other benefits. Our room was huge and had a balcony overlooking the ocean. We were traveling with young children and there was plenty of space for our family. They provided a roll-away bed at no extra charge. And the staff was very pleasant. The restaurant is fabulous! The complimentary breakfast buffet was diverse and high quality. It included fresh fruit, yogurt, bacon, juices and made to order eggs, omelets and waffles. Lunch and dinner were equally delicious. And there was live music some nights. When we were ready for a change, we found several nice upscale restaurants close by. The main hotel pool were perfect for our boys (ages 6 and 8). And the beach and national park were just a short drive away. The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to the beach four times a day. We liked that we were away from the main drag. (Initially we were booked at a hotel down by the beach, however we canceled that reservation when we learned that there are no private beaches, and the hotel was actually across a busy street amidst a lot of traffic.) We would absolutely come back to La Mariposa if we return to Manuel Antonio!
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Jenny
"Great place to stay!"
We arrive early on Friday (8am) and asked for our room (normal check in is 3pm); our room was ready at 9am and we had a free upgrade to ocean view. Breakfast is good. People are nice. Pools are also nice. A bit far from the beaches but have a shuttle four times a day that take you there and bring you back. Food is delicious, I can't complain. My only bad comment would be the breakfast we had the day we arrive (not included in hotel fare obviously); it was really expensive compare to other places or to what I pay for dinner.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Relaxing getaway"
The views from the hotel are beautiful and the space invites relaxation. The complimentary breakfast is very good but eat elsewhere for your other meals. The hotel restaurant is adequate but choices abound once you get out of the gate.
3 night romance trip Apr 3, 2014
SFTraveller
"Amazing hotel!!"
I don't know where to start with this review because I have so many great things to say about this hotel. I almost chose not to write a review because we want to have it all to ourselves when we go back! The staff was amazing! Very helpful and kind. The entire hotel has so much character and was beautiful! We had a breathtaking sunset view every night as well as sunrise view in the morning (yes, it's so exciting there that you do wake up for sunset!) the pools were perfection and the pool bar was super convenient. If you are looking for a hotel, I can't recommend it enough. It's reasonably priced for the experience that you will have!
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
Cait
Refriigerator in the room would be nice overall it was excellent
7 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Rodney Wellar
"Fine stay / Fun stay"
My wife and I stayed for four nights and it was fine. Great food, great pools and sunset views. Be prepared to walk many steps. Our room was on a lower slope with a great view of the ocean and was very private as well. The biggest down side was the lack of an internet connection, but the wifi was down everywhere during our stay. Try the Cafe Milagro which is about a block away. Their wifi seemed to be the only one working around town. Other than that, La Mariposa was great and I would stay there again. Cheers.
4 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Bruce
"Fantastic location. Amazing view."
A really wonderful place to relax. A terrific view over the Pacific with a pool that looked right out over the edge of the hillside. Really stunning.
Other trip Mar 27, 2014
"Spectacular Views and Great Service"
25th anniversary trip and we sprung for nice room with a Pacific view. Absolutely worth every penny. Room and view were spectacular with sliding glass doors and balcony. Infinity pool with almost 180 degree view and killer sunsets every night. Very helpful staff setting up guided tour of Manuel Antonio park and sunset catamaran trip.
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
"unparalleled views"
cannot bet the location: 180 degree view of the ocean. unparalleled views.
2 night trip Mar 5, 2014
"The Five Million Dollar View"
All the staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful. Cocktails watching the sunset spectacular.
3 night trip Feb 24, 2014
Jan
"Nice hotel, stunning views, it needs a renovation"
All in all its a nice hotel, great pool , very good food, and has an amazing view and the best spot for sunsets, but needs some renovations, basicly towels and pool lounges.
Other trip Feb 15, 2014
"LOVED La Mariposa Hotel"
The view is out of this world! The staff and service were excellent. The room was clean and had what we needed. The food was also very good. We really appreciated having a restaurant menu and a bar menu. Allowed us to be casual and eat at the pool which we really prefer. The breakfast was also very good and very convenient. Highly recommend staying at the hotel. The access to town was also perfect. We couldn't have been happier. We are a family of 4....kids are 7 and 10. They were a little out of place since it's a more mature atmosphere but at their age could mostly behave as expected!! If you have loud, rowdy kids, I don't recommend this hotel. Great place for a honeymoon trip. Super peaceful and relaxing.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Heather&Hector
"Best view in town"
Enjoyed the breakfast every morning. exceeded my expectation of a free breakfast. The entire staff was really friendly and always able to make great recommendations on where to eat and what to do. Their shuttle to and from the beach was also really convenient. Would definitely recommend because it was great value for the price.
Other trip Jan 24, 2014
Ryan
"Amazing view of sunset"
Although not handicap assesible, the view is worth staying in this nice hotel. It was built in the side of the hill, so had numberous steps leading up to the office and restaurant. The food was good and the pool was excellent, including a large hot tub. From the pool, we enjoyed watching monkeys and multiple birds, including a family of Toucans. The rooms were air conditioned and beds were comfortable , but the walls were bare and furniture moderately worn. The staff was nice and each room had a balcony with chairs.
Other trip Jan 24, 2014
Jan
"Breathtaking views"
It was lovely, staff was super helpful and friendly. The views from our ocean view room and the pool were worth every penny, definitely one of a kind experience that I would go back for over and over again. Very clean! Bathroom was a bit old school for the overall quality of hotel and room, but clean and functioning. Breakfast was great!
4 night trip Jan 18, 2014
Nsingh
"Great staff, views are amazing"
This hotel was awesome. My gf and I were on the fence about booking a room based on the pictures, but once we checked in, we knew we made the right decision. We booked a premiere room, which had awesome views of the ocean. According to my research and experience, Mariposa's view of the ocean are unmatched b.c of its location. If you decide to book a premiere, request to stay in the newer tower as those rooms have updated balconies with glass railings, which means that the views are completely unobstructed. The food was okay, I wasn't too crazy about the breakfast, but it's free. Alternatively, there are two really good breakfast places within 5 minutes (walking) of the hotel - 'Emilio's Cafe' and 'Cafe MIlagro'. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Helped us book restaurants and tours, which were all great. The pool area is also very nice, just as with the rooms, you get great views from the infinity pool. Only 'negative' was that our room had one or two lizards, but considering the area and hotel is integrated within lots of wildlife, I suppose that would be expected. When I come back to Manuel Antonio, I will definitely stay at this hotel again.
2 night trip Jan 11, 2014
Elias Aseged
"Amazing Views!"
I just returned from a three day stay at the La Mariposa Hotel. We rented a room with a partial view. We ended up getting a room that had an amazing view and was just a great overall experience. Would recommend.
Other trip Jan 17, 2014
Erik
"Beautiful view"
This hotel is in a convenient location especially if you have a car. The landscaping is really nice and the view from the restaurant and pool area is great. We really enjoyed the food at the restaurant. The guys who worked the reception desk were so helpful and had good tips and information about excursions/activities that might interest us and also other local restaurants we might like to try.
3 night trip Jan 5, 2014
Jimmy
"Great Views!"
The views are breathtaking, people super nice and helpful, food was good and room clean. would go back in a heart beat.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
Gisela
"Less than expected"
We had stayed in other hotels around Costa Rica and this hotel matched the price but not the quality of the others. The furnishings and general amenities, such as the type of shampoo, the quality of the pool chairs and the lack of umbrellas, were a disappointment. The front desk was not helpful.
Other trip Dec 26, 2013
"Father and Son fishing trip"
My son and I stay a couple nights to fish out of Quepos docks. The staff was very friendly. The restaurant cooked our catch and prepare a great meal for us. They arrange a taxi to take us to the docks in the morning.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Bo
"Amazing view!"
The view is absolutely magnificent! We absolutely loved everything about our stay. The food was not bad at all. Rooms were clean and cozy, staff is very helpful. All pools and a Jacuzzi were clean an in great condition. I loved the sunset view from their infinity pool! The hotel is pretty far from the International airport and the taxi ride is expensive, but the scenery absolutely worth it!
Other trip Dec 13, 2013
Pakiza
"Beautiful view"
Great place to stay.
2 night romance trip Nov 20, 2013
Becky
"Hotel has a lot of charm"
This hotel has a lot of Costa Rican charm. The location, view, and staff are excellent. We stayed a week and were upgraded to a nice, villa style room. It was roomy, well furnished with almost antique furniture, and it had a large balcony. The grounds and pools are very nice. The hotel is older so there may be a few items that don't work quite right, but the local charm is worth the trade. The area is hilly so walking is difficult. The food was excellent and priced right. I would recommend this hotel.
7 night trip Nov 10, 2013
first time visitors
"Nice Hotel with views of Manuel Antonio"
My wife and I were traveling with our two friends who had a room next door to ours with an adjoining balcony door that was very nice in the evening for entertaining and enjoying the sunsets together. We booked a partial ocean and garden view room that still offered wonderful scenery for a lower price than the full ocean view suits located in the upper floors of the main building. The rooms where basic but clean and we felt they could be improved if they included a refrigerator and coffee maker.The hotel staff where very friendly, helpful and informative about the area. Also, there are several very nice restaurants in easy walking distance from the hotel. If we return to this location we will stay at La Mariposa Hotel again for sure.
Other trip Nov 1, 2013
Bob & Maureen
"Beautiful but needs to be pulled together"
1st room was beautiful ,but a/c didn't work right and then the shower glass door fell off , onto the floor ,mngn't was truly sorry & showed us 2 other rooms .We chose one & moved . Beautiful room but the a/c didn't work ,it didn't cool and kept turning off , again very sorry and sent a repairman as we went out .we returned and it seemed cooler and was still on we thought it was fixed . That night, it again turned off every hour or so but now into our 3rd day out of 4 , what's the use . Rebecca at the desk was wonderful she tried very hard and the hotel was so beautiful , but they just needed some help .
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
Bruce
"Amazing property"
Excellent customer service. Rebecca provided the utmost in service. She went above and beyond during my stay. I traveled w my mother and friends and Rebecca helped us plan our activities. Our rooms were clean and very well kept. Beds were comfortable but the view was breathtaking. From the front desk staff to security, maintenance, and housekeeping- everyone was so accomodating, friendly, and made us feel right at home. The food and drinks at the property were delicious. The infinity pool was fantastic. But all and all it was the entire staff that made our stay enjoyable- because of them we will be back!
3 night family trip Oct 19, 2013
"Great stay in Manuel Antonio"
The hotel location and overall facilities are great. The property offers you a view that is very possibly unmatched in the area. I stayed in a partial sea view room which was one of the hotels older rooms/ building. The room was dated in style but very comfortable and offered a large balcony with a great view. One of my friends stated in the newest building/ sea view which was more to my personal liking and offered modern style/ amenities. The staff was very attentive and offered excellent service. Rebecca in the front desk is friendly, helpful, and a great resource for anything you may want to do during your stay.
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
"Great stay in Manuel Antonio"
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
"Would Recommend"
The hotel has an incredible view. The service is great. It is a bit of a hike to the beach, but (spotty) shuttle service is provided, and the city bus comes by every 20 minutes, costing only about 50 cents. Walking to the beach takes about 20 minutes. The restaurant has great service, though it is a tad expensive. You pay for the convenience and the view. There are about 10 other restaurants within walking distance, some more expensive, and some more affordable. The greatest part of our trip was when we stood on the balcony and watched a few dozen monkeys travel by on the trees and the balconies (including ours).
3 night trip Aug 24, 2013
CES
"Eagle's Nest"
Magnificent location. La Marioosa has the command of Manuel Antonio panoramic view as it is situated on top of the oceanside hill town. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food was excellent especially with the restaurant's memorable sunset vista of the Pacific ocean. The only challenge for some guests may be its lack of elevator access to upper floors but without such convenience comes the romantic climb of iron wrought spiral stairs surrounded by sounds of exotic birds from the nearby trees.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
Tiny
"incredible views and friendly staff"
easy walk to dozens of restaurants while still feeling 'off the beaten path'. friendly and acccomodative staff.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
kevin
"Great!!!"
We loved Hotel La Mariposa! Amazing views, great staff, friendly, great food and drinks! Clean and accommodating.
2 night romance trip Aug 2, 2013
Ana
"Very nice hotel"
I loved the hotel and my rooms ocean view. We saw monkeys playing in the morning. The staff here are among the best anywhere. The breakfast was quite good. This will be my place to stay whenever I am in the Manuel Antonio region.
2 night romance trip Jul 30, 2013
JL
"Review of Mariposa"
Facilities and view were very nice. Could use a hot tub as it get's cold and rainy at night. Could supply a small snack area for water, soda, little supplies. Otherwise very happy there.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
"Great View and closer to Manual Antonio park"
Through Expedia i had booked a std room ( that was the only one available) . Initially when check they said , they didnt have a room , but upgraded to the premium with a panoramic view . Hotel on the hill . It is more easier with car . closer to restaurants . Hotel is for the "VIEW" . The pool is a cold infinity pool .The breakfast is like any other std CR breakfast . I loved our room 49. The bathroom is ok , as the shower water floods the bathroom
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
MP
"Exceptional!!"
Went on a family vacation. The hotel was awesome. Magnificent view and close proximity to restaurants, beaches and the national forest. The staff was extremely helpful and set up activities for us. Taxi service was quick. We saw monkeys, iguanas, and birds on the premises. We will definitely return to Hotel Mariposa!!!
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2013
Judi
"Romantic hotel"
It has an amazing ocean view , good choice of food and very nice staff.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
oscar
"Great Ocean Views"
The hotel is overall nice but the rooms need to be updated. The ocean views from the hotel are breathtaking.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2013
"Great views"
The hotel is located on top of the bay, beautiful views and sunset The view from the room is great The room design is a bit old, very specious No Internet reception in the room
Other trip Jul 25, 2013
sima
A wonderful place to stay! Great views, hospitality, food and location. I can't wait to come back. Would highly recommend this hotel. They provide a shuttle to Mauel Antonio and the hotel is close to other restaurants. Best hotel we stayed in during our trip to Costa Rica!
2 night family trip Jul 16, 2013
"Wonderful suite with gorgeous view"
Room #7 was wonderful, jacuzzi on the balcony, amazing view, nice and not overdone decoration. Room service was great. We would definitely come back!
Other trip Jul 22, 2013
SMC
"The View"
The stay was great. The outdoor dining area- the only dining area- is situated atop the highest point in Manual Antonio. The view of the ocean from the dining area is unequaled. It pays to stay in the hotel just for this luxury of sight. An added feature was the abundance of spider monkeys hoping and jumping on the hotel railings and roofs. The iguanas just stared you in the eye.When booking spend the extra bucks and get a room with the view of the ocean. Enjoy!
2 night trip Jul 13, 2013
Jerry
"Beautiful location with great view"
Good experience, enjoyed our time inanely Antonio, Great pool, great view, great restaurant
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
mrs
Fantastic hotel with incredible views and large, comfortable rooms!
2 night trip Jul 13, 2013
Nora
Stayed here for three days. While the overall service was good, we were greatly disappointed by the lack of internet connection. Pros: Great location. Beautiful views of the ocean and mountains. Good breakfast. Quick attention to requests for service. Cons: The rooms were just ordinary. Even though they were huge, it lacked the coziness. Bathroom flush wasn't working well. Internet wasn't working for most part and when it did, it was too slow. Hotel restaurant was expensive. No elevators.
3 night family trip Jul 8, 2013