New Miyako Hotel, Kyoto
Next to Kyoto Station
New Miyako Hotel places you in the Minami district of central Kyoto, a 2-minute walk from Kyoto Station with its bullet train and subway connections. It's a 10-minute walk to Kyoto Tower, and 15 minutes to Kyoto Aquarium in leafy Umekoji Park.
Temples and shops
Several temples lie within easy reach of the hotel - Higashi Honganji is a 15-minute walk, and Sanjusangendo, which houses over 1,000 Buddha images, is 25 minutes away on foot. For shopping, the Aeon Mall is a 2-minute walk from your front door.
4 restaurants and 2 bars
You'll have a choice of 4 restaurants, including Sichuan dishes at Shisen, an international buffet at Le Plaisir, and authentic Kyoto-style cooking at Kyoyamatoya. Bar Lagoon serves seasonal cocktails and international beers, and there are 24-hour food and drink vending machines.
Free WiFi, Japanese tea
986 brightly decorated, air-conditioned guestrooms include free WiFi and satellite TV. All rooms have minibars, kettles, free tea, and slippers, and premium rooms come with panoramic city views and cotton kimonos.
Enter dates to check prices
Hotel Info: 866-539-8117from $126
- Premier Floor Deluxe Twin, Non Smoking
- South Wing Moderate Twin, Non Smoking
- Main Tower Standard Double
- Premium Floor Deluxe Twin (9~10F), Non Smoking
- South Wing Superior Double, Non Smoking
- Main Tower Deluxe Twin
- Premier Floor Connecting Rooms (7~8F), Non Smoking
- Premium Floor Twin
- Premier Floor Deluxe Twin (6F), Non Smoking
- Premium Floor Double
- Premier Floor Standard Double, Non Smoking
- Premier Floor Standard Double (6F), Non Smoking
- Premier Floor Standard Twin, Non Smoking
- South Wing Family Room
- Premier Floor Standard Twin (6F), Non Smoking
- Main Tower Standard Twin
- Premier Floor Standard Double (9~10F), Non Smoking
- Premier Floor Standard Twin (9~10F), Non Smoking
At a glance
- This hotel has 986 rooms
- This hotel is arranged over 10 floors
- Check-in time 2 PM-midnight
- Check-out time is noon
Required at check in
- Credit card or cash deposit required
- Government-issued photo ID required
Travelling with others
- Children (12 years old and younger) stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding
- Free WiFi in public areas
- Free WiFi and wired Internet access in rooms
Nearby Three Star Kyoto hotels
In the hotel
- Breakfast daily (surcharge)
- 6 restaurants
- Coffee shop/café
- Snack bar/deli
- Room service
- Business center
- One meeting room
- 24-hour front desk
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Hair salon
- Luggage storage
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
In the room
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- In-room massage available
- Private bathroom
- Shower/tub combination
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Free WiFi
Recently reviewed hotels in Kyoto
"The staff was extremely friendly. The setting with the view over the river unbeatable. The mats relatively comfortable. Better than in some of the other hotels, but if you aren't…"Apr 10, 2015
- Guest House YamatoFrom
"Friendly couple run this Japanese style inn. Shower is downstairs from the rooms. There are curfew times for the shower and for being back at night, which is understandable, as it…"Apr 9, 2015
- Hotel-Kyoto BaseFrom
"Super easy to get to from Kyoto station (one stop on the Subway to Gojo station)and pretty central to downtown. A ten minute walk to Ippudo Ramen (YOU HAVE TO EAT HERE) and to…"Apr 9, 2015
DiningLe Plaisir - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Shisen - This restaurant serves lunch and dinner.
Ronde - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Kyoyamatoya - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Bar Lagoon - This restaurant serves dinner only. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
New Miyako Hotel, Kyoto’s small print
Also known as
- Hotel New Miyako
- New Miyako Hotel
- New Miyako Kyoto
- New Miyako Hotel Kyoto
- Hotel New Miyako Kyoto
The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
Self parking costs JPY 1000 per night
Breakfast is offered for an extra charge of JPY 2100 per person (approximately)
High-speed Internet access (wired) is available in public areas (wired) for JPY 100 for 10 minutes (rates may vary)
We have included all charges provided to us by this hotel. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.