All hotels in Bologna, Italy
Viale Pietro Pietramellara 59, Bologna, BO, 40121, Italy, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Perfect location, across from Bologna Centrale."
I picked this hotel because I was arriving after dark (and didn't want to get lost walking from the train station), plus I had to catch the Aerobus for an early flight. The location is perfect, directly across the street from the station. As other reviewers have noted, the room was large by European standards. There is some traffic noise from the street, but I found that it quieted down and didn't disrupt my sleep. Super-comfy bed, and I appreciated the in-room coffee, tea and mineral water. It's a short walk to the historic centre and Piazza Maggiore.
Response by Mercure Bologna Centro
Dear Guest, thank you very much for sharing your comments after your stay in our hotel. Your opinion is very important for us to improve our services. We hope to welcome you back very soon. Best regards. Cinzia Zanni - General Manager Mercure Bologna Centro
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Great Price Great Stay"
The only problem I could find was the amount of traffic but then again this is the centre of Bologna
Response by Mercure Bologna Centro
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience following your stay at our hotel. Your opinion for us is important to keep on working to give the best service to all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again in Bologna. Best regards. Cinzia Zanni - General Manager Mercure Bologna Centro
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2014
"Good but quite impersonal"
This was a clean comfortable hotel. The staff were efficient and pleasant but it was a busy place and it lacked any personal feel. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Not the place to stay with a car though as the parking was expensive and not even needed in Bologna as the public transport was good.
Response by Mercure Bologna Centro
Dear Guest, thank you very much for the words of appreciation after your stay at our hotel. We assure you that our staff is notoriously friendly and welcoming but the busy period didn't help . Your opinion is very important for us to keep improving our service. We hope to welcome you again soon in Bologna. Best regards Cinzia Zanni General Manager
3 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
Sue H
"Good spot in the city"
Hotel was nice but very old
Response by Mercure Bologna Centro
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience We are aware that our hotel is a little old fashioned and need refurbishment and updated equipment. The problem is well known also by the management of the Mercure brand and we already started by changing the mattresses in bedrooms. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again upon your next stay in Bologna, trying then to regain your confidence. Yours sincerely, Cinzia Zanni - General Manager Mercure Bologna Centro
1 night trip with friends Oct 10, 2014
gmurran
I did not receive my wake up call so I missed my early train and an important meeting that I was due to attend and had to be rescheduled.
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2014
"Nice hotel close to station."
Nice hotel with comfortable bedding and close to amenities. Excellent helpful staff.
Response by Mercure Bologna Centro
Dear Guest, we are pleased to know that you had a nice stay at our hotel. Thank you for your kind words that are our best reward. We hope to welcome you back soon. Kind regards. Cinzia Zanni - General Manager
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Nice hotel close to train station"
Staff are really friendly And helpful. Raccomandations And booking restaurant for us. Room/bathroom a bit tired could benefit from refurbishment - but adeguate free tea/coffe in Room And free wifi nice touch. Waliking distance to centre
Response by Mercure Bologna Centro
Dear Guest, thank you for the time spent in sharing your experience . Your opinion for us is really important to improve our service. We are aware that our hotel is a little old fashioned and need refurbishment and updated equipment. The problem is well known also by the management of the Mercure brand and we are planning some works and renewals next year, according to Company's budget. We hope to welcome you soon again . Yours sincerely, Cinzia Zanni - General Manager
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
fab
"Good Hotel, central and convenient."
The Mercure Hotel is great and so conveniently situation opposite the Railway Station for daily excursions to other places. It suited my needs perfectly and I would not hesitate to stay there again. Altogether a great experience. The Staff are very helpful and friendly and efficient.
Response by Mercure Bologna Centro
Dear Guest, thank you very much for taking the time to let us know your opinion after the stay in our hotel. Your comments and suggestions help us everyday to improve our service, and your satisfaction is one our key assets. We hope to welcome you back soon. Best regards. Cinzia Zanni - General Manager
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
Adele
"Not what I expected of a Mercure"
The complex screamed of being tired & neglected. The bed springs were nearly at surface level. Bed springs? It actually squeaked & I was solo… If you just wanted to take advantage of the rail system it was handy. The room had a feeling of space with its high ceilings & balcony, but the bathroom was grubby & the cleanliness of the toilet left a lot to be desired. The bath/shower drain was blocked - a pet peeve of mine when I'm standing in the shower in water that isn't draining properly & wondering whose DNA cells my feet are bathing in. The reception staff were nice & helpful & very professional. But the housekeeping staff sounded like a school-full of teenage girls in the corridors early in the morning, whilst presumably working. Noisily pushing linen trollies, laughing & bantering loudly, it really did sound like an excited group of visiting school girls were checking out of the floor. I actually poked my head out of my door to see what all the noise was about, imagining I'd encounter a group of happy & excited teenage travellers, only to discover it was actually the staff having a good old party. When I checked in, I also had to move linen trollies that were in the hallways so I could get past them. And if I understood Italian, I could have listened to a neighbour's phone conversation word for word - the walls are paper thin. I really did expect better from Mercure.
2 night trip May 4, 2014
Ali
"good hotel very close to the railway station"
the mercure is a very good, comfortable hotel directly opposite Bologna train station, but also handy for the centre of the city, a short walk away. It is clean and comfortable, the staff very helpful and has a delightful garden at the rear.
Other trip May 4, 2014
kathyb
"nice hotel close to rail station"
hotel receptionist was very helpful, room was good, location handy to rail station. Breakfast was a hefty 12 euros each extra so we went to a cafe near the centre.
1 night family trip Apr 22, 2014
"Overnight Stay"
Never spent time in Bologna before, always passing through. This was a good location from which to explore city-centre shops and restaurants - and also just across the road from the Central Station. Staff very helpful. With another late-booking deal on the standard price I'd be happy to use the Mercure again.
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2014
RGR
"Bologna"
The hotel staff were very helpful, although we weren't offered any information about things to do in Bologna until we were checking out! The hotel was fine, room comfortable and clean, although the position of the shower above the bath made showering very difficult in such a confined space. The position of the hotel, right opposite the station, was convenient for onward train travel and shuttle bus from airport, and public buses and excursions were easily accessible. Great breakfast!
2 night trip Apr 8, 2014
would not stay at this hotel again.
1 night business trip Apr 5, 2014
suzi
"Great hotel next to the station."
The hotel is facing the train station so easy to find, but no noise problem too. We were given a lovely room with balcony, huge comfy bed and lovely clean bathroom with a powerful shower. Comfort, privacy and great location. Breakfast buffet was delicious too!
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
Q & A
"Reasonable value stay close to centre"
Feb 23rd 2014. Prebooked 1 night via Expedia for approx £65. Pleasant staff on check in.Room bit tired but clean.Glad prepaid since reception advertising room rate 245 euros per night.Bar service slow.Hotel not 4* more 3*.
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"Excellent hotel, helpful staff, great location!!"
Great hotel in an excellent location, Directly opposite the train station and just off the Main Street. The room was a very good size and very comfortable and clean. All the staff we spoke to were very helpful and great at directing to good tourist spots, bars and restaurants. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting bologna.
Other trip Jan 2, 2014
becky
"This hotel is not up to 4 star standard."
THE COMPLIMENTARY DRINKS IN THE FRIDGE HAD BEEN TAMPERED WITH BY PREVIOUS GUESTS ? AND THE LIGHTING IN THE ROOM WAS VERY DINGY, NOT ADEQUATE.
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
UNSATISFIED
"Perfect"
Just what we needed across the road from the station. Walking distance from everything we needed. Very clean. Luggage storage. Helpful staff. Happy customers
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
"Good few nights hotel."
Really nice hotel, great location from across the road from Bologna Centrals. The only minor gripe is the shower, was quite difficult to manoeuvre, as it was directly opposite the shower glass.. With taps sticking out, you could easily turn the tap on hot or off ! .(I am not a fat chap) Apart from that, I would stay there again.
3 night trip Oct 11, 2013
Krislibertine
"Great Location !"
Bologna is a beautiful city - lots of history, great restaurants and food/ wine. Good for walking as very flat and lots of porticos to walk under and keep dry if it rains plus do some window-shopping. Couple of good Jazz Clubs eg Cantina Bentivoglio, We spent 3 nights in Bologna which was probably about right in terms of seeing the main sights etc. The Hotel met our requirements in that it was comfortable, comparatively inexpensive and was in easy walking distance of most of Bologna's places of interest and opposite the station as we needed to travel on from Bologna by train.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
Holtteddy
"Could't be more helpful!"
The staff were fantastic and so thoughtful and helpful. Because I was feeling ill, they retrieved my bag from the luggage storage as it was too heavy for me and ensured that I was checked in as early as they could manage.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2013
"An extra star for the wonderful staff"
It was a wonderful feeling after a long trip with luggage to get off the train and see the hotel right in front of me. Check in is late so put cases into luggage room and walked around Bologna for a couple of hours. The room was larger and usual (for a single room) and the bathroom was a surprise, being large and even with a bathtub. One of the nicest things however, was the lovely gardens at the back of the hotel. An unexpected oasis. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and I thank them for their friendliness and courtesy. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to see Bologna. Try the Buco Manzini for a meal, really nice restaurant with good food.
3 night trip Sep 18, 2013
Angie
"Great location and service but ...."
Rooms were old and smelt mouldy. Carpets felt grimy. The only good things I can say about this hotel is its close proximity to the Main Train Station and the excellent service provided by one of their front desk staff (Elena).
1 night trip Sep 6, 2013
Cecil
SG
"Nice hotel across the street from the traistation"
We chose this hotel for a there night stay during pur vacation from Nice, France to Tuscany region. The hotel's location was ideal for what we wanted. The hotel's staff was very helpful and friendly, they organized our transportation to the Umberto Cesari winery and provided information on local attractions. The rates were great and I would definitely recommend this hotel for its location, rates and staff. The hotel can be noisy, but it didn't bother us.
Other trip Sep 9, 2013
"Great value for money"
Very good value for money & good location if you're travelling by rail.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"Handy location with great staff"
Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Good sized clean rooms - only negative was the shower which had great pressure but the location of the tap made it difficult to move without changing the temperature or turning it off. Great location just across from the train station and within walking distance of some excellent shops and restaurants, as well as the city centre, leaning towers and other tourist sites. Excellent value for money.
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
Anna
NZ
"Good location and service, but rooms needs fixing"
I was enjoying the location, which is great when you need the train station near you (inside the room you will not hear a thing). my room was replaced due to hot water system problem at the highest floor, but the second room had rust on the shower and the toilet. The service was great and responsive!
5 night romance trip May 15, 2013
GalG
IL
"great stay overall (by European standards)"
It is a good hotel (by European standards). Shower stalls are extremely small, and rooms are not luxurious, but is is very clean, mattresses are good, sheets are good, reception stuff speak English and overall experience is OK. Biggest advantage of the hotel is that it is located across the street from Central Railroad Station of Bologna. We took high-speed trains and it is very convenient.
Other trip Apr 2, 2013
alex
"Bologna"
Nice and comfortable
2 night trip Mar 25, 2013
"Very nice stay close to train station"
Just on the other side of the train station, great location, short walk to city centre, staff very helpful, room clean and of big size, some bit slightly dated but all worked fine, enjoyable stay
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2013
"great hotel for all"
good position for buses trains and city centre excellent restauraunt on corner
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
"Near by train station"
The hotel is old and surrounding neighbourhood is complicated, restaurants around is low quality. However, it is close to Bologna downtown with 10 min. walk.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2013
"good base to stay at"
good location railway station opposite airport shuttle bus at train station not far from main sites. the staff were very helpful good knowledge on all the main tourist stops . the rooms were clean and the bathrooms nice size only negative no tea coffee facilities in the room.
Other trip Feb 27, 2013
bertie
"Handy for the city & trainstation"
Goog value hotel
1 night trip Feb 13, 2013
Neil
"Excellent Choice for Bologna"
This was my second stay here within 2 months and both times were excellent. I cannot find fault with the service, comfort, cleanliness, breakfast or location. It is directly across from the main train station which is super convenient for the airporter bus BLQ. Normally, I never stay near a train station, but it felt quite safe. The hotel is about 10 minutes from the main square and easily accessible by several local buses. There is a huge outdoor clothing market 5 min away from the hotel on Fridays and Saturdays. This hotel is brilliant value for money. The rooms are clean, tastefully decorated, comfortable and quiet. The Front desk staff are friendly, helpful and efficient. On my second stay, their system showed that I was a returning guest and they upgraded me to a superior room! You will not be disappointed with the Mecure Bologna!
1 night trip Jan 10, 2013
"More positives than negatives"
Positives- Excellent value for money. I couldn't say enough about the staff of the hotel, they were very friendly and helpful. Room was basic but nice & clean. Location was great. Walking distance to all major city sights. Negatives- Room was very warm so we had to open window at night. Unfortunately because of location of hotel near train station it was a bit noisy outside.
4 night romance trip Dec 29, 2012
"Good Location, older style"
Great location, reasonably price, older style rooms, not catering too much for the English speaking client, unlike other hotels in Italy, who offer BBC entertainment tv channel, otherwise ok
Other trip Nov 19, 2012
JPS
"good hotel"
nice location, very nice staff, a few english papers may be helpful
Other trip Sep 23, 2012
"Hotel a little dated"
Great location. Hotel could do with a revamp.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2012
Pockets
"Perfect location, very nice service"
Everything I would expect from a 4* hotel + nice staff speaking very good English.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2012
"A great hotel for the money."
I was very happy with my stay here, from the outside it doesn,t look that nice, but inside it wa very nice. I was staying here for one night on my return journey, but when i arrived at Bologna Station i had a problem with my connecting train and could not get through to my friend who was meeting me at the other end, so went to the hotel and they were so, so helpful, especially Elena and Roberto. The breakfast was very pleasant worth the ten euros. My only complaint, in the bathroom, the tiles on the floor were a bit chipped, and the bar across the floor from the bathroom/hallway stuck out so i kept hurting my toes. Bologna was ok but i would not want to spend time there again.
Other trip Aug 26, 2012
Mandy
"Air-conditioning"
I stayed in this hotel for just 1 night. The hotel is right in front of the train station, which makes it the best choice for those arriving the city on a night train. Everything was great except the air-conditioning. It was VERY hot in the room. I didn't bother to ask anyone to check it for me as I was extremely tired and I went straight to bed.
Other trip Aug 10, 2012
"Good location for rail station"
Can't really fault this Hotel but didn't enjoy staying here. Perfect for connections to the rail station & BLQ Airport bus outside the station for 6 euros. Hotel lacks character but is usual top quality Mercure type Hotel inside.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2012
Paul C
"Very good hotel"
Stayed here for two nights and it was very nice. Right in front of the train station and close to the center. Did not try breakfast but there are plenty of places to eat. Good quality and very clean. The shower could have been bigger for the size of the bathroom.
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2012

"Excelente"
Muito bom!
1 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
ALEX
BR
"Close to Bologna Centrale"
Central location and good for futher travelling with train or bus.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2015
Kristian
SE
"Mye for pengene og nært sentrum."
Helt supert hotel. Gamle bad, men rommene er helt ok, bra frokost og lobbyområde. Kort vei til sentrum med alle butikkene og restaurantene.
2 night romance trip Jun 26, 2015
Lasse
"Bom"
Foi boa, porem sem estacionamento causa um desconforto.
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Edson
BR
Vanhahko hotelli jonka sisustusta ei ole vähään aikaan päivitetty. Sinänsä erityisesti kylpyhuoneen vanhat kaakelit hienoja, mutta esimerkiksi ilmastointilaite piti lähinnä meteliä - ilmaa ei juurikaan viilentänyt.
2 night family trip Jun 16, 2015