All hotels in Bridgetown, Barbados

Beautiful beach
    Good internet service
    Food is not good
    Bad pool
"Great place for rest and relaxation!"
Great 4 night stay. Small hotel so the beach was quiet and relaxing. Beach was one of the nicest on the island. Staff very helpful. Only downfall is no real options for restaurants at the hotel but great places are a taxi ride away.
4 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
"Gorgeous beach!! Great staff!!"
Perfecr hotel in its peice category! ! Night spots not walkable but good publuc transit options.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Helene
"nice hotel , beach, good food. helpful staff"
Most enjoyable, sad to leave. will most likely return someday.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
DEDE
"Good enough"
The hotel is good but not great and for a four star hotel the menu had on to much junk food e.g (fry) and when I reach the room was not ready which Is quite normal but when I went to eat by the beach I was not impress with the setting, I had to order through a window and the drinks came the same time with food and not before . in other words for a 3 star hotel I was not impress
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Trevor
"Ok Hotel, Nice Beach, Great People"
I went mid February with my 14 year old son. CONS: The pool is very small. The food at the hotel was much pricier than I expected. ($17.50 for a cheeseburger and fries!) The food also takes FOREVER to get to you after you order it. Everything comes with french fries and all the fish is fried which I found very disappointing. PROS: The people are very nice. The beach is beautiful. Powdery white sand and clear blue water. You can easily take a "bus" to an area with restaurants although the place I loved the most was a little shack, between the Radisson and the Hilton called "Lefties". Fried fish with egg and cheese for breakfast! Its an island thing and it works. There were lots of families with little kids around. I believe the Hilton had more teenagers.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Noralis
"The room that wasn't there."
We never saw the rooms as the they oversold the hotel and gave our rooms away to other customers. We were transferred to a Mariott Courtyard where we were assured the rooms were comparable to what we booked by the Raddison hotel manager. Our ocean view room turned into a city street view and was priced at a lower rate than the one we booked at the Raddison. Their facilities did not compare at all to the ones listed on the Raddison's website and the location was a block from the beach. We tried to call the Raddison hotel manager that convinced us to transfer over upon our arrival at the Marriott, but he was "busy" and never returned our call. Overall, I would say we were extremely disappointed with this somewhat deceptive process and would NOT try to book this property again. Good thing we were heading to another destination the next day. We had to enter a rating to submit this review and to be fair I can't really rate staff, facilities and rooms because we were never exposed so I entered a 1 even though these items were not ever evaluated by us.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Comfortable hotel, but nothing fancy."
The fact that it is on the beach helps. Comfortable but few renovations needed to make it more up to date and to justify the per night rate. Older hotel and rooms have the stale smell. Overall it was a good experience.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
Deeper 1
"Good One Night Stay After A Cruise"
My husband and I arrived 2-hours early for check-in. Others had been waiting for their room for a couple of hours. The hotel was very busy and crowded especially since it was during a weekend (Sunday). More people were coming in than were leaving. (Turn-over, I believe it is called.). About 30 mins. after the "official" check-in time, I asked again if our room was ready. The process was completed with the assistence of Liana Griffith, assistant manger. She not only saw that we got a room with a great view, but also complimentery dinners. She placed our order into the restaurant. We had a great dinner thanks to Liana.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Jane
"Great One Night Stay"
My husband and I stayed at the Radisson one night before our Windstar Cruise. Everyone at the desk was quite pleasant.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Jane
"Three days of bliss"
My husband and I stay at the Radisson for 3 days prior to our yearly time share elsewhere on the island. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff is just awesome, very friendly and helpful. It's right on the bay where the water is crystal clear and calm, great for snorkeling. It's only minutes from Bridgetown if you want to do a little shopping. I highly recommend the Radisson on Barbados for your next visit.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Good Hotel, lovely beach"
Breakfast was good but dinner menu was limited in choice. Beach was great in a lovely bay.
2 night trip Jan 31, 2015
"2 Stars Hotel"
A/C is so noise, rooms are old. No room service (restaurant) for guest arriving late For sure is not a 4 stars Hotel qualification.
Response by Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel and your room, in regards to the lack of room service, AC unit, and general need of refurbishment. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
Alex
"Excellent hotel with excellent staff"
The experience at the Radisson was an exceptional one. Staff were extremely friendly, hospitable, and helpful. Everyone from the front desk, kitchen, waiters, bartenders, and housekeepers went above and beyond to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
NYC
"Nice beach and hotel"
Beach and water wonderful, clean, location nice , not easy walking distance to much if you are looking for that. No ATM machines in the hotel so come with cash for cabs, tips and small purchases. WiFi was excellent for everywhere in the hotel. If you are there on a Sunday around 8 AM, I was told it is a regular occurrence.. many horses ( maybe as many as 10-15. I lost count) came with their handlers, they swam, cooled off and it was fun to watch!
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Joan
Beware locals bathe horses in the same section of the sea
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
"Lovely stay- great staff:)"
We were very happy with the staff- they could not be more relaxed, kind, and helpful! The beach area it is in is so pretty, and quiet, calm waters. We paddle boarded off the beach with a nearby water sport shop. Oh, be sure to catch the horses from the track that come swim/ exercise in the mornings:) Lovely. We definitely will be back. The room is a roomy, views are great of the bay, very clean.
5 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"Nice Hotel on a Great Beach"
The hotel was very nice. The staff is very accommodating in a laid back manner. The beach (Brown's Beach) was excellent, clean and very swimmable. The hotel supplied beach chairs and towels and we enjoyed ourselves. The rooms are clean and pretty up-to-date with all of the expected conveniences. The only downsides was that the air conditioner is very loud and though each room has a very nice balcony, it was difficult to leave the doors open since insects or birds could come in. The food at the hotel was mediocre, but there are other options within a block or so. PS, Barbados, as with other island, has chickengunya, a disease spread by mosquitos, so don't for to bring plenty of insect repellent.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Pat
"Great proximity to the beach"
I arrived in the evening and had to leave by 4am in the morning for an early flight. At first, I was a bit disappointed by the distance from the airport (~30 minute car ride). I wanted to get a decent hotel room right near to the airport, and this was further than I intended, which meant that I had to get up much earlier to make my flight. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the room, room service, personal balcony, the sounds of the nearby ocean waves, and the spectacular view. I stayed here one night, but I wished I had more time to explore the other amenities, and actually check out the beach!
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Raquel
"All the excitement of island with homie feeling"
The staff was excellent....friendly professional close to the beach ... Gym is on point to food ...bar the pool is ok. Right on the beach room views was awesome
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
jordan
"Pleasant Hotel right on the beach"
My stay was a comfortable one, staff tried to meet your needs and the ambience was quite comfortable.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"Beach, Horse, Rainbows"
I love this hotel! Beautiful beach! Wonderful rooms with great views. Some of the Greatest views I have ever seen. At about 6am, you can see the race horses getting bathed in the ocean. Also saw a lot of rainbows. Will be coming back!!!
3 night business trip Nov 16, 2014
Very enjoyable. I had a wonderful view from my patio. The beach and service were lovely as well.
"Great staff and great location"
All of the staff--front desk, housekeeping, restaurant--were very helpful throughout my stay. With the beautiful views (rainbows every morning!) and plenty of activities right there (paddleboard and kayak rentals, a 20-minute swim to the marine park for great snorkeling over sunken ships) it's hard to beat this place.
"Get the Bajan Breakfast!"
The stay was overall really great. The room was clean and had a great balcony view of the Sea. The only regret was the price of the buffet breakfast which was exorbitant--however, the ala carte Bajan breakfast was reasonably priced and absolutely delicious.
4 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
Lorena
"On a beautiful beach Restaurants walkable on stree"
Wish i had time to go into the blue sea Welcome rum punch was really welcome
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
ganesh
"Great experience"
It was excelent service overall, the staff was very friendly, areas very clean and great food.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
Norberto
"Radisson resort where excellence is natural"
Our five days stay at Radisson was simply excellent. The front desk staff were pleasant and helpful.
5 night romance trip Sep 24, 2014
Marlene
"Radisson Aquatica resort a great place to stay."
Our stay was simply excellent. It was service at its very best. Pleasant staff and the room is just great. Keep it up.
5 night romance trip Sep 24, 2014
Marlene
Good location and clean hotel. I recommend this hotel for people who travel to Barbados to holidays and business.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Miguel
My stay was great,looking forward to for another memorable stay with you all again. Thank you, Zaniffa.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
"I've stayed here like 7 times for work"
I like this hotel. But I really need to say that the restaurant service is terrible! One of the worse service I have ever seen! and I travel a lot. Please get this area work better. I love the hotel, works perfect for me but the restaurant service , the staff, is soooooo bad, makes me think twice about retuning. Front desk staff is very good! Just the service in the restaurants!! Someone is not doing their job!
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"Wonderful stay right on beautiful beach"
My husband and I went for a week to celebrate our one year anniversary. It was wonderful from the moment we arrived. The staff at the front desk was so friendly and helped us with reservations, arranging taxis and excursions. They always asked us how our day/evening was every time we walked into the lobby and surprised us with anniversary cake and wine. Our room was cleaned daily and the overall hotel was clean. Just a lovely experience.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Great location and ambiance"
I absolutely love this hotel and the staff!!! The staff is very professional, helpful and welcoming. I traveled for business and arrived in Barbados very early so I decided to go to the hotel for breakfast and was very pleased with the buffet. Lots of local dishes. My room had a spectacular view of the ocean and was very clean. I enjoyed most this hotel being directly on the beach. Additional, I requested a late check out and was facilitated with no hassle!!!!
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Kay
"Tired and in need of a major reno"
Stayed 4 nights first night in a terrible room over the pool . Moved to 6th floor over looking the ocean was fine but rooms and facility are in need of a major overhaul.
Response by Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Radisson standards.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Dale
"Nice hotel. Great Staff"
The hotel was located in a nice area and the hotel staff is great. Even before my arrival they helped me to schedule a driver to pick me up and he was great. I used his taxi services for the rest of the trip. The food was ok but even when they made a mistake with my order, they went above and beyond to make right. At dinner they did not have the wine I ordered and without me saying anything, they sent me a glass of a different bottle on the house. They were very friendly and I would recommend the hotel
2 night business trip May 21, 2014
Delia
"Great service"
I work for a commercial airline and this was my first visit to Barbados and I was going to be on the island for a week so saw the reviews and give it a try and the stay was excellent. The only bad thing is they only have one restaurant and is very expensive so hire a cab and eat and drink at the local restaurants.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Billy
Is good for a short stay. In front of the beach but have only few items for room service. It can be better.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Pedro
"low key"
I have been staying her since it was the Grand Barbados I've enjoyed the personal service, quiet beach and location on Carlisle Bay . The beaches are great and lots of water activities. For dining try 39 Steps and Champers
5 night trip May 15, 2014
Steve K
"Nice hotel on beach and close to main street."
View was beautiful. Close to main street and public transportation to get around Barbados.
Beth
"Comfortable hotel close to Bridgetown"
The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. The bed was very comfortable and I appreciated the ocean view and view of Cartisle beach which is beautiful. The room itself could have been better if the room was carpeted (the tiled floor was quite cold when the AC was on); there was no running hot water and the AC unit was noisey. I had breakfast by room service and was quite let down - orange juice was not fresh but instead a powder mix. Overall the breakfast was not worth USD$24. The restaurant on site was very limited so ended up at the Brown Sugar Restaurant which is short walk away and would fully recommend eating there. I have stayed at other Radisson properties and must say that aside from the front deask staff (no complaints there) this one did not match the standard experienced at other properties.
Danielle
"Very practical"
For the price u pay i think its just right. Has everything u need, clean simple.
Other trip May 21, 2014
"Excellent service by the staff."
When I arrived I had an issued with my reservation. The hotel staff manager did an excellent job correcting the issue and provided me with a nice drink to make me comfortable while the issue was being corrected. Since this was my first time in Barbados, my stay at the hotel was great and the front desk manager during my stay from 5/12 to 5/16 was great.
Other trip May 17, 2014
Derek
"Beachtastic"
It was good hotel staff were really wonderful, but the restaurant food was really nasty they need a better variety of food
Other trip May 1, 2014
"Great Beach, but Bad Hotel"
Other than the front desk staff, the service at the Radisson is really poor. The rooms are below average and the pool is very small. The real attraction here is the beach. It's calm, clean, shallow and perfect for kids. This was our second time in Barbados and I think Carlisle Beach is probably the best beach I've seen on Barbados. Unfortunately, the Radisson is substandard. I would not recommend it.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
The hotel sits on Carlisle Bay- the nicest beach in Brbdos. Swim out to see the turtles and several shipwrecks teeming with fish. Walk right outside to catch the #11 bus either into Bridgetown or out to St. Lawrence Gap/ Oistens or the many shops and eateries out Hastings Main Road. Alas, the rooms leave a lot to be desired- the A/C in our room was very loud and our toilet broke one night and was unable to be fixed until the next morning.
4 night trip Mar 8, 2014
Great hotel, great staff. Wish I had breakfast included in my package for second stay ( my first stay at the resort breakfast was included)
2 night business trip Mar 3, 2014
"Sold on Barbados"
The staff in the hotel was so wonderful and warm. The treated us like we were celebrities. Even though the Hotel structure was great the beach is unsurpassable. The sand, the reasonable waves, the gradual slope of the beach and the very refreshing water was wonderful. We loved the beach so much that we spent little time at the pool. race The horses from the track come down to the beach every morning to exercise in the water. If you love animals this was a real treat. Lawrence Gap was a lot of fun.
Other trip Mar 5, 2014
Mikey
"Nice Hotel Amazing Beach"
Winston and the rest of the front desk staff are so warm welcoming and extremely helpful with everything from excursion recommendations to restaurant suggestions. Nigel was also super from helping with our bags assisting with the beach to welcoming us back from dinner The people in Barbados are Amazing so sweet and helpful the Radisson has the best beach and early in the morning watch the horses swim after the track workout. We can not wait to go Back to the Radisson Barbados. Miss you guys already we have traveled all over the Caribbean We can honestly say we want to go back To Barbados now Amazing family vacation
Other trip Feb 27, 2014
stephanie
"Nice hotel on the beach great staff"
People are very nice. They try to be helpful. Rooms are clean. The food is good but a bit pricy for the type of food they offer. Overall it's a 4.5
Other trip Feb 22, 2014
aj
"Affordable and FANTASTIC hotel!"
Amazing room with double balconies on two sections of the wall! Had an ocean view one balcony and a beach view on the other. Breakfast buffet was good but tends to be expensive at $25/person but typical for a resort. Would have preferred a more varied menu for dinner/lunch and unfortunately there aren't really any restaurants nearby without taking a cab. Staff friendly and helpful. They also hosted a happy hour with free cocktails on our stay Monday evening. Not much need to leave the hotel. We spent most of our day at the beach and in the water. They have activities which will pick you up and drop you off. But if you prefer to stay at the hotel, they also do have surfing, paddleboard, and jet ski options. Prices came out cheaper than most other large resorts. Not big on luxury amenities such as spa, massages, etc. but a wonderful place to relax and hang out on the beach.
Other trip Feb 19, 2014