All hotels in Hamilton Parish, Bermuda

Great room
    Rather comfortable
  • Wellness
    Sufficient wellness & sports facilities
"Great Hotel on the Beach"
This resort is a 5 minute taxi ride from the airport so its conveniently located and surprisingly quiet. The hotel upgraded my room at no additional charge so I stayed in a large room with a King size bed and balcony (#422) situated on the lower grounds near the bay. There's a great little water sport business right next door so you can rent snorkeling gear for $16.00 a day or whatever suits you. The first day was beautiful so I changed into my swim suit and headed to the pool area where a miniature kitchen serves up fabulous fish tacos among other tasty items. Great bar there as well that will prepare your favorite drink to take to the beach which is steps away. Day 2 brought clouds, and after a quick briefing on the bus routes, I headed for Hamilton and Front Street. The better choice which I went for the following day was to take the number 7 from Hamilton all the way to the Royal Naval Dockyard (route 7). There you'll find a few eateries, a small mall, and the National Museum of Bermuda. Sadly, there is also Dolphin pen or area where you can "swim with the dolphins." In my opinion, a dated and unnecessary tourist attraction. I ferried back to Hamilton which allowed me to see the island from a different vantage point. A worthwhile ferry ride would be to hop on at St. George's Parish and tour the entire coastline. I would have but they don't run the entire route on the weekends.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Liz
"Great views and beach"
This is our second stay at this resort. There are several unique amenities. Only issue was the waite staff in restaurants. Less attentive than our previous visit
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Unfriendly staff,"
The Staff was not friendly at all, hardly no one ever greeted you as they walked pass,Everywhere You went you had to climb up and down stairs,so if you have a physical condition THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU.They also automatically charge you a 17% gratuity regardless of what you bought. So that make it that much easier for them not To do their jobs.The pool was cold everyday desipte them advertising a heated pool.The meals were pricey and had no flavor.In the four days there(THANK GOD THAT'S WAS ALL).we were unable to enjoy the beach due to the weather, WINDY AND RAIN.I would not go back there if it was Free.
Other trip May 30, 2015
"When you pay a lot - you expect more"
This hotel is NOT good value for your trip. We stayed just 1 night but even then it was not without incident. Hotel is a long way from the south shore which is what Bermuda is all about. The staff were a real mixed bag. The lady at reception was amazing - true Bermuda welcome. However too many staff were at best indifferent. Likely the culture comes from the top as the maitre d' was possible the rudest man i have ever encountered in a service role. I had a genuine complaint about the meal in the restaurant (which i wont bore you with) but he completely refused to speak to me. And with his back to me as he walked away, not even looking, just said, "well its going to appear on your bill regardless". I wasn't trying to avoid paying. He simply refused to even hear what i had to say. I am just a believer that any business needs to know when they have got something wrong. Even other guests on surrounding tables all said that they were shocked by how rude he was. The hotel had that vibe. The type where strong union workers think that they can act however they wish regardless, because nothing will or can be done about their performance. Some staff really cared about their guests, others acted like everything was an inconvenience. Unfortunately its the negatives that stick in the mind. Bermuda is a truly wonderful place and i highly recommend a visit. But just invest in an extra 30 minutes taxi ride further away from the airport and this hotel.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Robin
"Great Stay at Grotto Bay"
We did the all inclusive option for Grotto Bay and have no regrets. We ate in both restaurants and also at the fantastic surf and turf bbq that they have on Friday nights. You do have to walk a lot of steps to get to the pool, beach and lunch area, so this is not a hotel for anyone with walking issues or strollers. The tennis courts are not the best in the world, but they are great to play on with lots of cold water accessible. The kayaks were great to take out and explore the water. The grotto with the swim cave was amazing and extremely refreshing (nice way to put really cold!!) The resort is walking distance to the original Swizzle Inn too for some time off resort.
Other trip May 26, 2015
Margie
"Great view, nice room. Nice beach area."
We enjoyed the hotel but there were some drawbacks. We prepaid for a King room months ago on Expedia. When we were finally given a room we were disappointed that they had given us a room with two double beds (not queens). When I complained they said the manager would take a look but rooms are only on a requested basis. They eventually gave us the right room. They should have given us the room we paid for the first time. The concierge said since we were leaving the next day we could request a late check out at noon. When we did that they said no so we left our room at 11. Not a big deal but they should not have told us a late checkout would be OK. Finally there was no food service anywhere in the hotel from 10:30 AM until Noon. We left hungry.
Other trip May 24, 2015
Gene and Mary
"Bermuda 515"
Was very happy about the way and speed of services.
3 night romance trip May 19, 2015
"Close to the airport and has its own caves"
This hotel is as close to the airport as any, so the taxi costs less. With rental cars not available to tourists, you use the public buses. The hotel has a bus stop right at the entrance, and this particular bus stop is used by many different lines, so it's a good place to go various directions. The hotel is in the small area of Bermuda that has limestone caves--and there is a couple right on the property-one's made into a spa, the other has a salt water pool in it you can swim around in. Also a nice provate beach, and a scuba operator right on the property. The hotel consists of a series of 3 story buildings separate from the main building with the reception and restaurants. These buildings are on a sloping hill with everybody getting some kind of a view over Castle Harbour. It's a bit of a steep walk from the main building to your unit--some people might find it a bit difficult. If it's raining, you will get wet going between your unit and the main building. Hotels on Bermuda are expensive--and this one was no exception--probably $300 a night or more. No meals are included, and the resturant is expensive--$25 breakfasts and lunch, $50-$75 dinners. They did have a quick continental breakfast bar. It is a long way from either Hamilton or St George to get to a variety of other restaurants, but they aren't cheap either.
Other trip May 21, 2015
Kriss
"Hotel was close to the beach and pool"
Overall a nice experience except for the rooms being quite old and tired. I was on the 1st floor and we had a nice patio overlooking the ocean, beautiful view. Beach and pool within walking distance. A great spa in the caverns. Feeding of fish, playground for children. Main restaurant was good and we had decent meals. Buffets were good. The pool retaurant had good food also. For someone who has trouble walking - the walk to the main house from the rooms near the beach is long and has many flights of stairs but the hotel was very good about sending a shuttle to pick up guests to be brought to main area. Bellman, housekeeping & security are very good at their jobs and very friendly. I was not impressed with the front desk area not alway helpful..
Other trip May 21, 2015
"this was my 10th stay at grotto over 18 yrs"
they hotel is always spotless and upgrading things expedia often never adds my chairman status as a FF. i've been chairman or gold with usair since 1982. i've lost a few upgrades because EXPEDIA doesn't always add my status on booking . I'll book myself on flights and theres no advantage to even book hotels
Other trip May 20, 2015
tom
Staff is wonderful here. Very friendly. The views are beautiful, and it has a nice small private beach. The all inclusive was well worth it, and you get a lot for your money. We are looking forward to coming back to Grotto Bay in the future.
Other trip May 15, 2015
Libby
"Keep going back. It is worth it."
4th time at Grotto Bay. As long as I am fortunate enough to travel to Bermuda, I will always try to stay at Grotto Bay.
2 night business trip May 6, 2015
"Grotto Bay Stay"
I love the Grotto Bay. It is clean, beautifully maintained in and out. All staff is friendly and helpful. My only request would be regarding brunch on Sundays for guests when there in inclement weather. I did not want to walk in rain, on slippery walkways to the pool to get a simple lunch. I broke my back in December 2012, had surgery, and am completely mobile however, slippery walkways, floors etc are a huge concern for me. In order to have something to eat, I had to pay $65 for the elegant buffet from which I only ate a small amount of food.
3 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
"Disappointing Grotto Bay"
the first thing that happened was they told us the room we booked in January was not available and they moved us to a "superior" room. The room was dusty with amenities we had to request. The management/guest services staff was gossipy about a bag we requested they hold for us as it contained leftovers from a meal we could not finish the evening before. The servers in the dining room seemed to know a lot about where we were previous to Grotto Bay and we were uncomfortable. Wake up calls (2) were not received and when reported to front desk nothing was done. The manager at check in (we did arrive early) was curt and informed us not to ask any questions until she showed us a resort map. All that being said the property was gorgeous and the Bell staff and housekeeping staff were absolutely superb. We plan to visit Bermuda again but this resort is not our choice for a re-visit.
3 night romance trip May 2, 2015
"Excellent Quick Getaway!"
We had an excellent getaway at Grotto Bay. The beach, pool, and amenities surpassed our expectations. We enjoyed the fish feeding, the cave onsite was a treat, and the food was great! We did the MAP and enjoyed breakfast and dinners onsite. The room was great, the walls were paper thin however, that's my only real complaint. Would highly recommend!
4 night family trip Apr 29, 2015
Marissa
"Very nice, well kept friendly resort"
The grounds are beautiful especially the caves. The food was good, the staff friendly and helpful.
Other trip May 2, 2015
helen
"Edward from NJ"
Great stay, Great staff and good food. I will be back.
4 night business trip Apr 26, 2015
Edward
"Great hotel and excellent staff"
We stayed at the Grotto Bay Resort in April, the hotel has stunning views and their staff is top notch. Hotel is on the older side but still very nice. We would stay here again.
Other trip May 1, 2015
Deb
"Great family getaway!"
Loved it! Great place. Will definitely come back with my family.
4 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
"Weekend trip from nyc"
Fantastic weekend away from nyc - staff were incredibly friendly and hotel location was perfect. We got off the plane and within 20 minutes were drinking cocktails at the pool bar. Concierge was great for information and easy transport links to st George's and Hamilton. We will be back!
3 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"great beach/pool set up.3 minutes to airport!"
Definitely go for the ocean front room! The rooms were very basic, very very small beds! It's not luxurious, but it works. Having the beach and the pool right there is so convenient. We went end of April so it was pretty quiet and plenty of room.My husband was very disappointed in the "fitness room". It had 2 treadmills and 2 other machines that were broken. No A/C, next to pool bathrooms which needed some tlc for sure, yuck. We were only there 4 days, so it was perfect. Had we been there longer, we may not have been as satisfied since we lucked out with great weather and were not in the room very much.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Anastasia
"ocean view was beautiful"
beautiful ocean view, very nice beach, very nice beach cafe, stand up paddle boards, kayaks, motor boats, snorkel gear for rent, the bay is clean, safe & easy to navigate. average size room, nice bathroom, great private balcony. 2 nice dining rooms, nice buffet breakfast. Very interesting cave on site fun to explore & you can take a dip in the crystal clear water.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"excellent resort, beautiful and friendly"
excellent resort, beautiful view and friendly staff. Food was excellent but expensive. The grounds and service were better than expected. The cave on site was a plus, beautiful and you can swim in it. Crystal Caves and the bar Swizzlers are within walking distance
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
bruce
"Birthday Experience Down the drain"
Room Service staff and the bellman named Steven..excellent! The pool attendant horrible, he basically hounded our kids and complained about everything they did, we even had the front desk manager (PAT) come to them not asking for a parent but for a room number, when we were using the sports facility. I was not impressed and we spent over $1500.00 in total for a one night experience, this included water sports and brunch. Will we be back? most definitely not..Southampton Princess is more accommodating to kids. I felt as if we were picked on the whole day. And the room had a link above the sliding door and the toilet was linking, I did report it. But it was not rectified at all. The manager just casually said OK..not impressed!
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Island Girl
"Nice resort close to beach"
We had a wonderful time at Grotto Bay. The weather was a little rainy but we were able to do all the things we wanted. Being directly on the bus route was helpful. We went into St. George and also Hamilton. We ate lots of good food, not everywhere was as expensive as the hotel. We did have breakfast there one morning but not worth the price. Lots of good restaurants in both St. George and Hamilton. We were able to catch a weekend food sampling in Hamilton on Saturday. That was very nice. The people on the island are so friendly and helpful. We are going back in September because we enjoyed it so much. Just hoping we have a little better weather so we can do more things. It's a must trip !!!!
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
Enjoyed our stay at the hotel. Good grounds and friendly stuff. Recommend taking advantage of all inclusive package, that unfortunately doesn't not include ground transportation to/from airport that 2 min away and find that negative. Had to pay $15 for 2 min taxi ride!
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Nice hotel close to airport"
We needed a break from this cold snowy winter. As we could only go for four nights we decided on a 2 hour direct flight from Boston to Bermuda. We chose the Grotto Bay Beach Resort because it offers an all-inclusive plan and is located a mile from the airport. With an early morning flight, we were able to enjoy half a day at the beach instead of the usual full day of travel. The food was very good. All inclusive is worth it if you plan on eating most meals there, having cocktails and wine with dinner. Food and beverages are expensive in Bermuda. Bus transportation is is convenient as there is a stop in front of the resort. Free bus service is included for all inclusive plan. It could have been a little less windy during our mid March stay, but the Resort was great. Be sure to check out the grotto on the premises. It was really interesting and worth the cold swim. The staff was always helpful and pleasant. I wish we could have stayed longer but the smell of fresh cut grass was appreciated as we got ready to head back to Boston and more snow.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
"Relaxing and enjoyable"
Close to airport and bus line and scooter rental at front of property. About 4o minute bus ride from Hamilton. Very enjoyable.
3 night trip Mar 6, 2015
W H
"Beautiful resort with a lot of amenities"
Hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful. They helped us with getting bus passes and explained in details of how to get around the islands. The resort offers afternoon tea time which was very enjoyable. Their restaurant offers great menu selections and nice service staffs.
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Dalei
"A conditional 4 out of 5 rating"
My husband and I spent 3 nights at Grotto Bay and we walked away with mixed feelings. The hotel overall lacks amenities. Based on our world travels, this is probably a 3 star hotel at best. I dont think we've ever been to an accommodation that calls itself a hotel, or even a resort, and the room's mini fridge was completely empty. There were no bathrobe, no slippers. I called up to ask for razors and they didnt have any. They dont provide room service (more on food options below). We got a really good rate (40% off), so we feel our stay was of good value. However, had we paid the regular price of over $200 USD/night, I think we would have been more upset and disappointed over its limited amenities. I should also note that even though it's conveniently located close to the airport (and you dont hear the planes), there is very limited food options. The hotel provides a buffet breakfast for $26/person. Alternatively, there are some al la cart options. But they looked sad: mini cereal boxes, green apples, juice boxes, and some wrapped up pastry. You can also walk over to Swizzle Inn, which is an interesting place to visit, but it's mostly bar food. I mean, you can only eat so much bar food on your vacation. Anyways, we have no major complaints overall. We wanted to visit Bermuda, and Grotto Bay provided us a base to do just that, at a reasonable price. We were able to get some good nights to sleep and therefore gave it a 4 out of 5 rating overall.
3 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
K
"Nice hotel close to the airport"
Overall the hotel experience was a great one. The room was much cleaner and nicer than what I was expecting. The hotel staff was very charming and remembered our favorites early on and were very nice to talk to. They had great recommendations of things to do on the island.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Miranda
"A beautiful setting"
The grotto underneath the hotel is fabulous. How cool it was to swim in it. The pool/beach/jacuzzi were fun to go to after freezing in the grotto water! The hotel is beautiful. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. Everyone we encountered was friendly and accommodating. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and good. The only downfall is that, upon arrival, we were given an unrequested upgrade. The upgrade was to a waterfront view which was beautiful. However, we went from a larger room with a king size bed to a smaller room with two double beds. That was not made clear to us when offered the upgrade. My husband and I do not comfortably fit in a double bed so the upgrade really was not a good move for us. It would have been nice to have this information before making the decision.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Beautiful with easy access to bus"
We stayed here a week. The grounds were beautiful as well as ocean views. We also enjoyed the caverns on the property. Most of the staff were friendly, cheerful, polite, and helpful; the only exception was the lady who led the fish feeding. We chose the all-inclusive option; I thought it was a little expensive even for Bermuda but the food was good and the service was great. There were a lot of stairs as the property is on a hillside and our knees were worn out after several trips daily between our room and the restaurant.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Great Place, Great Price"
I went off-season and was able to keep my four-night stay in Bermuda under a grand. Granted, I was not able to enjoy the beaches as it was much too rainy and windy for that. Thankfully, there's plenty of other things to do around Bermuda. One-day bus passes are available for purchase at the front desk for $15, and they also work for the ferries. This bus pass is golden when traveling to Hamilton or the Naval Dockyard. Bus tokens can be purchased at the front desk as well - $5 for a round trip to St. George's Island. A taxi ride from the airport cost around $10 - and is about a ten minute ride. I thought I heard planes over the hotel from time to time, but I never thought of it as a bother. Down the street from Grotto Bay is the Swizzle Inn - where you can drink the infamous Rum Swizzler - a Gosling rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, and lemon juice concoction. Fantasy and Crystal Caves are but a ten minute walk away and cost $30 for a tour. If you want to skip the tour guide, Grotto Bay has its own caves - and one that you can swim in as well.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Great for a long weekend"
Stayed three nights off season. Loved the location of the hotel; very close to the airport but far enough away to not be bothered by any noise. Has the feel of a private beach. Very convenient to the bus stops; went all over the island by bus and ferry. Excellent food in the hotel restaurant. A bit pricey but that's par for the course in Bermuda. Crystal Caves is in waking distance and is well worth a visit. I had a great three nights!
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
Janet
great resort, food was very good, only thing was no room service except for pizza at night which was delicious!
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
"Beautiful view and location."
Bermuda is a wonderful location to visit and Grotto Bay is a beautiful location and is convenient to all the wonderful sights.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Despite the bad weather we enjoyed our stay. The guest service staff were friendly and helpful.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Great hotel, location and staff"
The hotel staff was amazing, friendly and helpful. the hotel restaurant was a bit expensive to my taste and food options were limited. Overall great location and good point to explore Bermuda
4 night family trip Feb 16, 2015
yaron
"Small Resort Charm"
This was our second stay at the Grotto Bay Beach Resort. All rooms have an ocean view and balcony or deck. Resort has a small, private beach, outdoor pool, hot tub and on site caves you can swim in! There is a restaurant in the resort (there used to be 2) which is a bit pricy, but a short walk away is the Swizzle Inn which has more options at a slightly better rate. The Crystal Caves and nature walk are also a short walk away. It is very easy to get around by bus or taxi- both are available steps from the resort entrance. The power did go out for a brief period due to a storm, but was restored after a few hours and before dark. The rooms are comfortable and the staff are incredibly helpful. Would definitely recommend to potential travelers.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Tia
"Nice hotel, beach, grounds. Personnel great."
Every one was extremely accommodating and friendly. Electricity went out but the staff was great. I don't know how they did everything
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Near nothing"
not near anything . But truly relaxing.
3 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
The hotel is beautiful, everyone was very friendly. Unfortunately i made my reservation in February it was raining and no sun :/ the hotel was nice & clean but the restaurant in the hotel is very expensive!!! I spend my lunch & dinner at the restaurant down the street they have great food !!
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"Solo getaway"
The resort was close to everything. I went in February so the resort did not have activities available for guest. The concierge was very helpful. The employees that worked the front desk in the morning & afternoon was very helpful. The night crew at the front desk did not know anything or took the time to find out. The food was pretty good and most waiting staff employees were nice.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Journey
"Good For Quick Getaway"
THE GOOD: Proximity to airport Cost of room compared to rest of island resorts Beautiful main building Clean, comfortable room Nice grounds Good food Great pool Lovely private beach Mostly friendly staff Close to bike/scooter rental THE NOT SO GOOD: Proximity to airport (you can see it from beach, which is a constant reminder that you will have to leave...but you cannot really hear the planes, thankfully) Asphalt business about 200 yards away which you can smell and hear (at one point the smell was really overwhelming) Expensive drinks Small bar with shockingly poor selection of beer/wine by the glass/liquor Underwhelming gift shop Cheesy "smooth jazz" music station always playing everywhere in main building Jacuzzi wasn't hot one day Water faucet handle in bathroom fell off Top 40 music was way too loud at poolside one day $1,000,000 question- "Would I go back?" Answer: "Yes. It's a nice resort. But please address the asphalt smell issue if possible, there was one day when it was truly unbearable. And good God, please improve your wines by the glass selection."
5 night trip Feb 8, 2015
"Don's Bermuda stay!"
Older property, but clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
4 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
Don
"Amazing views and nice staff"
The facility was great and we were still able to make the best of our time there. They had a restaurant on site but the food was expensive (as are the majority of restaurants in Bermuda).
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
becca
"Very nice hotel, ideal location very close to the"
Grotto bay is a lovely older hotel in a stunning location. It is right on the water with the coral reef in the ocean a heated swimming pool and a hot tub and all the amenities one might want. The room was comfortable and the beds were excellent the balconies and the scenery were gorgeous. Two negatives: it would not be comfortable for somebody with limited mobility because there are steep stairs and hills to the rooms from the great house. Also the Wi-Fi reception in the residences was bad.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
lois
"BEST HOTEL IN BERMUDA!"
I just checked out this morning after a 2 week stay. It is by far the BEST hotel on the island. It has it all! Plus, The bus stop is right in front of the hotel. (The Buses are an excellent system to get around the island). You'll be in Hamilton in 30 minutes and st.George's in 12 minutes. Its only 5 minutes from the airport. ($10 Taxi ride, compared to $50 for Hamilton hotels). The hotel itself is excellent, definitely 4 star. The staff, are the most friendly I've ever encountered worldwide, they treat you like Family! Plus, you can actually swim in the caves on the hotel grounds. What other hotel in the world can you do that?! The all-inclusive OPTION is at first for $109 a day per person, may seem like a lot. but believe me everything is very expensive in Bermuda! So considering that includes meals drinks AND island wide transport, including the ferry, that's a great deal, but again it is optional. Plus, if you feel like more adventure, there is even and scooter bike rental right next to the resort. So to summarize, this hotel has it all! Class, location, friendliness, and uniqueness! And I would absolutely 100% stay here again and bring family/friends!
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
B. Roman
"best stay"
Polite staff, beautiful estate. I am definateley going back
3 night trip with friends Jan 29, 2015