All hotels in Hamilton Parish, Bermuda
11 Blue Hole Hill, Hamilton Parish, CR 04, Bermuda, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Beautiful Spacious Hotel by the Ocean..."
The hotel was beautiful, and very spread out. The views were amazing and the amenities made life that much sweeter. The hotel staff was great and very accomodating.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Loved location of hotel"
Definitely would come back. I didnt understand the price of inclusive from web page. But when i arrived they explained it. Well worth it. Food was excellent
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Great hotel close to the airport"
Had a great stay at hotel, staff were very helpful. the room was very clean as well as the grounds.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Ceci
"Clean n comf. room - watch out for extra charge"
We booked this hotel via expedia for 2 adults and a one year old. When we arrive at the hotel, we were told that we booked the hotel only for 1 adult and that there is additional charge for 1 adult and 1 year old baby. It was very disappointing. Also, you can barely find somebody at the front desk and felt like we always had to wait and keep calling for someone. The food is terrible; coffee in the hotel room and restaurant is horrible.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"relaxing solace"
wonderful views - warm weather in the middle of east coast winter. lots of friendly travelers to chat with. staff pleasant. facilities clean. food tasty. very nice break!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Portia
"Great people! Tired Facility"
The people make Grotto Bay especially June Anne. The grounds and side walks are in need if a face lift. The food is good but repetitive. The trims need new furniture, cordless speaker phones, robes and forget all the sanitary bags in the bathroom.
5 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
"no out door grilling as stated no spa..fixing"
i paid a lot of money to enjoy a spa get away...NO SPA!!!! No one had the decency to post it!!!!!!
Other trip Jan 1, 2015
"Second Chances"
The Bad:beach is filthy after hurricane and trash is still washing up. Pool is heated but no towels after 4pm. Resort needs upgrade but it is being refurbished.AC only works if movement in room. Miss the poolside dining. The Good: Victor and Veronica hosts & waitstaff were all very good. Liviu was particularly good. Upgraded to ocean front & rec'd a card & fruit for b-day. Kettle delivered promptly upon request. Free WiFI. Comfy bedding.large flat screen.were good overall. We added Breakfast buffet which is a great deal. The Hibiscus is a foodies dream and the Palm court is more casual. We have stayed at grotto several times and our previous visit was not the best.We decided to give it another shot and we were not disappointed.
3 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Charming beach front hotel. Very good food. Fantastic staff.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Nice room with views and terrace, private beach"
The room was clean and comfortable, but had its glitches, as did the service from the front desk. Upon check-in, I realized I had lost my credit card. I tried to make a collect call to my card company, but was shuffled between my room and the front desk, as different staff told me different things, from: 1. You cannot make a collect call from anywhere in Bermuda, to 2. Come to the front desk and we will help you to make a collect call, to 3. Go back to your room and dial 9, then 00 to make a collect call, and when that did not work, to 4. You have to pay for all calls. After being given the run around, both figuratively and literally, as my room was uphill and at a distance from the front desk, I made the call at my expense so that I could cancel my lost credit card asap. I only noticed the next day that around the corner from the front desk were pay phones that would allow me to call collect. I complained to the front desk that the staff did not serve me well and gave me incorrect info on calling collect. After a long discussion, they did remove the phone charge. The whole phone thing was a hassle. The front desk could also be more helpful by informing guests that they can purchase a book of tickets for the public bus and ferry. This saves lots of money (about half price), but you can only buy them from the bus or ferry terminals or post offices. The front desk sells tokens, payable in cash. We had dessert at the restaurant. Good-not cheap. Good service.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
"Mandatory Gratuities??"
Nickel and dime ya with Mandatory "Gratuity" fees for each guest for each room .Wrote a email to the manager about this and of course no reply. Nice hotel but a bit shady about how they hide this stuff. Also showed up 5 minutes early for breakfast one day after the front desk gave us the wrong opening times and got scolded by three different "gentleman" Be glad ya have customers in the restaurant instead of barking at em and trying to shame em into leaving or sit in the corner until 7:30 am until your "ready"
8 night business trip Nov 28, 2014
"Nice grounds close to transportation and aiport"
There was no atmosphere at the hotel .it was the week before Xmas and there was no activities .we felt we were alone in this hotel . The buffet was excellent and a good price for what we were offered .the views from the hotel were very nice .I watch the sunrise from the dock and was blown away . The beach was clean .one cave was under construction so the spa was closed . Buses at the door of the resort . Very close to st georges but a longer ride to Hamilton . There was no music outside the hotel .actually nobody was at reception when we arrived .this is a nice hotel in season and I would come back to enjoy the sport activities on the premises .
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
danielle
"Charming but tired hotel"
Not the right hotel for a short business stay. Too far from Hamilton where 95% of business is conducted. The hotel is a collection of buildings scattered up and down a hillside from the main building. Walking to and from your room is a HIKE every time. Ask for a room closer to the main building. Rooms are clean but with dated décor (circa 1965) and a bit tired.
2 night business trip Dec 16, 2014
Staff and facilities are not up to par. Maybe it was because it was the off-season.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Beautiful View"
The Resort was a perfect choice when I booked on line very island like with beautiful ocean water and the meal plan is a must
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Great off-season visit"
I had a fantastic long weekend here at Grotto Bay. Great offseason prices and because of the relatively few guests, great service and facility access. The rooms were very nice. This would NOT be a good choice for guests with mobility issues as there are a lot of stairs/slopes between buildings. There is a small beach area, pool, jacuzzi, fitness area and the swimming cave is pretty unique. The buildings are a bit older, but everything is still in nice shape.I particularly enjoyed the fireplace in the lounge and the front patio area for relaxing in the evenings. Very happy to have a refrigerator in the room. The service deserves special mention as being outstanding. Everyone was so friendly and helpful and would go out of their way to see to it that you got what you needed. They always greeted me by name with a smile when I saw them. The front desk offered very clear and helpful advice as far as getting around the island to places I wanted to visit. They arranged for rides for me for my golf excursions in advance, helped me coordinate my travel on public transportation between bus and ferry and even contacted me when an item that I had lost turned up in lost and found a couple of days later. They provided solid restaurant recommendations. The location of the hotel was great, with a bus stop right at the entrance to the hotel and just across the bridge from the airport. Will visit again in the future.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Wonderful stay, stunning views, helpful staff, friendly locals, fantastic overall experience.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Comfortable and convienent accommodations"
We thoroughly enjoyed Grotto Bay. It was close to the airport, which meant just a 5 min cab ride ($12) before exploring the beach. The distance is important, since foreigners can't rent cars and you can't take suitcases on the buses. Cabs are quite expensive. The hotel is 10 min from St. George and 20 min from Hamilton -- the bus is a scenic, pleasant ride, as well as an opportunity to learn about Bermuda from the drivers. You can buy bus passes at the front desk. The staff were extremely welcoming, answering all our questions about excursions, culture, etc. You are likely to be impressed, as we were, by the lengths Bermudians everywhere will go to help you. Our room was clean and comfortable, with a great view of the bay. We could see the causeway and airport, but it was a pleasant view, and quiet. The bathroom was modern and the beds comfortable. We visited in off season, so surrounding rooms were mostly vacant and the cave spa was under renovation. However, the beach was pristine and calm. We enjoyed having it to ourselves, exploring Cathedral Cave (amazing), and observing the fish, birds, and even chickens. The restaurant was also great, as was the neighboring Swizzle Inn. We highly recommend Grotto Bay.
Other trip Dec 14, 2014
RRB
"so good!!!"
Awesome place!
1 night trip Dec 7, 2014
"Grotto Bay"
Hotel and property were great. Great beach and pool. Convenient location, close to airport, and island buses stop right in front of hotel.
2 night romance trip Dec 3, 2014
"Relaxing Grotto Bay"
We really enjoyed our time at Grotto Bay. We stayed in Smith's Lodge and our room was very comfortable with a lovely oceanview. The staff was great!! My father is from Bermuda and it was nice to see him interact with the locals. The bus system is amazing and the bus stop is right in front of the hotel. I would definitely stay there again.
6 night family trip Nov 19, 2014
Sonya M
"Close to airport"
The food there is great with buffai and dinner, but guests have to reserve.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"Great Thanksgiving weekend in Bermuda."
Our stay was wonderful. Enjoyed pool and beach area. Food was excellent. Thanksgiving buffet was great. Staff was courteous, efficient and friendly. They were helpful in every way. Location was a little out of the way to get to Hamilton and south shore beaches, but bus service was good. Only draw back was the amount of steps from our room to and from main house and pool area. Grotto Bay Resort is atop a hill and pool, etc. was at bottom.
5 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Marie E.
"The place to visit."
Charlie was awesome and Chelsea made our visit very memorable. The view from our beachfront room was awesome. We could walk off our patio and down to the beach in less than a minute. The water was crystal clear and beautiful. The Bermudians were nice and hospitable. This place is definitely for romantic couples and retired people. The best time to come for parties would be the end of July.
3 night romance trip Nov 27, 2014
jason
"Nice hotel with a small private beach and grotto"
Easy access to and from the airport but no nuisance from the planes and lights. On our last day, the wind must have turned, because we could smell jet fuel when we were outside. But that wasn't the norm. Great little beach that is well kept, heated pool, jacuzzi and swimming grotto. I think there is a second grotto attached to the spa, but it and the spa were under construction when we were there. But, we had the other grotto entirely to ourselves. The water is cold, but the cave is clean and well lit with clear, pretty water - and just fun to swim around in a cave. The staff was great! We did have an issue with the people in the room next door smoking in their room and it came in thru our vent. It's a non-smoking hotel, so that's not heir fault, and they handled it immediately. The location is a little isolated but you can walk to a pub called the Swizzle Inn in a few minutes and could probably walk to Tom Moore's Tavern - but I'd cab it because there are no sidewalks. There are bus stops across the street from the hotel and a scooter rental place if under a 5 min walk. If you are ok with driving on the left, I'd recommend going that route. You have much more freedom. We didn't do their meal package. We did their basic al a carte grub at the bar for mosts breakfasts and one dinner there. It would have been nice to have other breakfast options nearby though, the breakfast bar is something like $22 per person plus grat. and the al a carte is mostly just assorted bread items.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Cheryl
It is an excellent hotel. The location is quite good, close to the airport and St. George's and four buses go to Hamilton. The condition of the hotel is also great. And the prices for some rooms are just right.
3 night trip with friends Nov 24, 2014
"Relaxing getaway"
Very relaxing stay at Grotto Bay. Many good options for food especially in St. George.
3 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"Nice hotel, private beach and grotto"
We have stayed here a few times because we like the location with easy access to local buses and a short ride from the airport. So far, we can say that every room that we've stayed in is identical. They are spacious and comfortable; however, they are in serious need of upgrades. The wiring is lacking sufficient outlets and USB chargers that you normally find with alarm clocks or lamps in Hampton Inns, Marriott Suites, etc. Most hotels also have microwaves to go along with their small refrigerators. I must say that the maid service and concierge folks are always wonderful and polite. I did email ahead this time and asked for a room nearer to the main building for medical reasons (difficult and painful for 79-year old husband to walk long distance and up hills), and was told that all we could get was a room in the third building up the hill. I was told I asked for a handicap room which I did not - I even checked my email when we got home. Of all the staff members we encountered, the woman who registered us was the only one who was not hospitable and not willing to really look to see if she could find a room closer to the main building.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
Jean
"Great First Impression of Bermuda"
We selected the hotel based on other written reviews and then the special pricing offered. We really were not expecting much as we really didn't think we would be spending much time at the hotel. We were very pleased when we arrived. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. There offer guest services which can make arrangements for anything. They also provided detailed information on activities, locations and transportation. We had an ocean front room with a balcony which was clean and spacious. The also had a small refrigerator. The property itself offered a variety of amenities including a private beach, heated pool with swim up bar, a cave, spa services, laundry service and restaurants.
Other trip Nov 26, 2014
Lydia
"Overall very good value"
Excellent on most categories. I was there for work so it was annoying that the wireless was intermittent - and no-one really seemed to care. Other than that and a couple of small complaints about the food, it was very good.
Other trip Nov 23, 2014
"Great Spot at an affordable Price"
A great stay at a, surprisingly, affordable price. The Hotels.com prices were better than other websites, including the hotel's itself.
3 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Sean
"Our stay at the Grotto Bay Beach Resort"
We really enjoyed the hotel and it's surrounding property, which was clean and manicured. We enjoyed the beach area and pool, and it was fun to visit the cave beneath the premises....The staff was courteous, professional, and helpful. Bus and/or taxi service is conveniently available outside the hotel, and I would recommend exploring as much of Bermuda as possible. It is a beautiful little island. One day, we took a bus to Hamilton, then a ferry to the Dockyard. We played miniature golf at FunGolf and we had a ball. Some of the views from there were breathtaking !! For dinner, we ate at the Frog and Onion...Another night we ate at the Swivel Inn near our hotel. I would've liked to have spent more time on the many beautiful beaches of Bermuda, but our time there was brief. We will return !!!
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
"Great hotel at a great location"
This is a beautiful modern hotel with many amenities and services. There is a large heated outdoor pool, where I was able to swim in mid-November. They have a cave right on the property and you can swim in it (more likely in summer, as the water is cold). Contrary to some reports, a basic Internet connection is free (e-mailing, surfing the web) and they charge only for more advanced things like conferencing, streaming, etc. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They sell bus tokens and the bus stop is on the street outside the hotel grounds. Four bus lines serve that area, including going to the airport - if you travel light (for just a few days - we had small backpacks), you can avoid taking a taxi. It takes less than 10 minutes to get to the airport. It's a 20 minute or less ride to St. George's and half an hour to Hamilton.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
Joan
"Great Place, Great Staff, Had a few Hiccups."
Our first room flooded and they just moved us upstairs. thats it nothing else. other than that the place is phenomenal and the staff is great!!! I would definitely return there again, also stay closer to the main house.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"lovely old Bermuda ambience"
Great mattress /sheets. Very clean and comfortable. Good table service at breakfast. Staff was very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to any friends headed to Bermuda. We stayed on the lower level but do not discount the many steps up to the dining area.
"Wonderful hotel, friendly & clean."
Had a fantastic time and can't wait to return. Food was fabulous, staff was so friendly and warm. Met some wonderful people. Wish we could have stayed longer. Definitely recommend Grotto Bay.
Marcia
"A great place"
Grotto Bay Resort is a great place and we will return. My wife and I took a few days to "get away" and on the advice of our son and wife chose this resort. The place is beautiful and convenient. The staff was excellent. The food great! (The all inclusive was the best for us. We love Bermuda (especially St. Georges) and hope to make this an annual trip.
"Great spot for a Honeymoon"
My wife and I spent our week long Honeymoon at Grotto Bay. We found the staff to be very friendly, and overall had a great stay. We did the all inclusive package which I would strongly recommend. There is so much to do right at the resort that we almost never left.
"Will come back"
Beautiful views, nice grounds, friendly staff, clean rooms. All in all, grotto bay offers a great place to stay in Bermuda.
Steph
"Great location!"
The hotel was an ideal location close to the airport and the all inclusive add on of 109 a day was well worth it, my only dissapointment was the friday night seafood buffet which no one told us we needed a "reservation "! Hotel room was nice i wouldnt call this luxury but decent, also included in the hotel all inclusive package were bus passes which came in handy as horeshore bay beach is over an hour away by bus but a must see, its one of the most beautiful beaches i have seen
"Nice hotel, good location."
Great spot to stay in Bermuda. Recommend the all inclusive add on. Fitness facility very small and inadequate. Food was excellent, service sometimes good, sometimes not. Hotel needs some cosmetic work but overall a good experience.
first time here and a truly wonderful experience! friendly people! we will be back!
"Great resort"
Great place to stay. Nice, friendly and helpful staff. We enjoyed our stay there.
1 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
Janakiraman
"room was easily accessible to beach and pool"
It was a very warm and welcoming hotel and I would not hesitate to stay there on my next trip. Staff was very courteous, warm, friendly and helpful Restaurants at the pool area and in the hotel were all very good. The food was delicious and the staff very nice and helpful. The concierge was very welcoming and helpful.. I give this hotel and staff 5 stars. Completely satisfied
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Florence
Perfect for everyone
3 night trip with friends Oct 23, 2014
Pornchai
"Paradise on earth"
From the time I arrived till the time I left, the staff took care of my every need. 5 stars all the way..
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
tpurvis06
"Very Convient"
Had a wonderful stay at the resort and love Bermuda
7 night trip Sep 27, 2014
"A place worth your money."
First time in Bermuda. The Grotto Bay was amazing. Its the only hotel that offers all inclusive, very close to the airport, has its private beach, with fishes you can snorkle with. I stayed in a superior king and it was nothing less than very clean and comfortable. Hotel staff was amazing, food was great. Overall great hotel to stay with. I had 3 days reserved at the grotto bay and 3 in the fairmount, the grotto bay overall was so much of a better choice that hotels.com got us a back into the grotto bay after 1 day in the fairmount. Great hotel and would recommend to anyone.
3 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
Raveen
"Good Location"
Only a couple of miles from the airport - but very little noise from there. The bus stop is right out in front of the hotel and was extremely easy to use. We did not get the all inclusive plan as we wanted to try some different restaurants. Swizzle Inn is walking distance - good fish & chips! Tom Moore's Tavern was a short cab ride and an exceptional dining experience. Walking distance to the Crystal Caves - loved it. The only negative at the hotel was that their coffee was terrible!!! A lovely tea every day, though, from 3:30 - 4:30pm. Very nice pool area. Small beach but very nice. Overall, we loved our trip and will definitely go back.
4 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"Excellent location with beach access, & buses"
Our rooms were ready, clean, service daily, many dining areas, swimming, snorkeling, boating trips, beautiful views.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014