All hotels in Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Blackwell Grange, Darlington, England, DL3 8QH, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Business Stay"
Local to meeting location.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
Fairly nice hotel with friendly staff. Basic room a little small but clean. the mattresses were a little lumpy. Lovely grounds and conveniently located
2 night trip Sep 30, 2013

"Great Weekend"
Very good indeed, we have mobility problems and were given a ground floor room completely suited to our needs.
3 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Jacqueline
"The Blackwell Grange"
A business stopover with a colleague, a warm welcome, a hotel that dates back in places to the grange it was, with extensions to the rear. Very comfortable, a very competent restaurant with reasonable prices and good quality. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
Ian
Enjoyed we stayed here our son was getting married in rockcliff so it was nice and close but not as expensive friendly staff and also we were able to check in bit earlier as our wedding was at 2 we had a sandwich which was well presented and tasty
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
"Beautiful hotel"
We enjoyed our stay very much. The room was clean and comfortable, the staff were friendly and polite and very helpful. The breakfast was well worth the money and we would definitely stay again and recommend to others.surroundings were beautiful.
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
"Excellent hotel"
Very good setting attentive staff well appointed room - great breakfast
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
"average"
one night business trip. booked as it had a pool which turned out to be very small. clean and simple room
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
"expensive in a dated building."
It was a friends wedding but i must say that as the wedding was great the bar service (if you call it service) wasnt good. one bar were were every wedding guest were was shut. we were sent upstairs to another bar when there was one downstairs. we asked for a drink but were sent away. they said it was for residents only and we were but they just told us to go away. only 1 serving so queues were forming, wouldnt accep cards and not enough stock in fridge. bottles & beers were warm and some had to be taken back. y only 1 serving at a wedding do? rooms in the west wing are old & dated. i thought i had stepped into the 70s. the front of hotel looks good but i think they have forgooten about the rest. take your own drink as £20 for a bottle of wine is disgraceful. £2 for fruit shoots, £4.20 for warm lager. its not good enough
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
graham
"Tired"
Beautiful setting but very mediocre hotel these days, breakfast is not as good as Premier Inn. Bathrooms also look tired. Our toiletries were not replaced during a 3 day stop over.
3 night romance trip May 12, 2015
"Very comfortable"
A very good large downstairs disabled access room.good large bathroom.
1 night business trip Apr 24, 2015
"early morning fire alarm"
fire alarm went off at about 7am. Reception said there was nothing they could do, likely to be caused by steam from shower, but they could put in extraction to bathrooms, door closers on bathroom door and review position of alarm in room etc etc. As it happens I was on an early start and was dressed and ready to go so just left.
Other trip May 3, 2015
"Filthy, dated, old fashioned and inedible food!"
I was very disappointed when we arrived. The receptionist was rude the rooms smelt and felt dirty. But we were only there for two nights to visit my mother so I thought, let it go, however it was the last straw when we went for breakfast. The dining room was very dirty and the food looked like it had been there for a month. I did complain but was still not given or offered any compensation or refund, It's such a shame as this hotel was once the best in Darlington. I wouldn't let my dog stay there now!
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
michael
"Darlington for a rugby match"
The hotel is full of history standing in its own grounds. Although the building is old and could possibly do with a bit of modernisation, the staff were very good and could not have done more for us. Would recommend this hotel to any one. The bed was huge and comfortable the room very clean and more than met our needs.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
"Not a bad hotel"
nice hotel, need modernizing, also the bar is way to expensive!
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Sam
"Faulty Tower"
Checking in was offered Breakfast as additional extra I agreed and paid the extra only to be told the next morning no you have not paid for breakfast by the restaurant attendee and the reception contradicting it self saying no he has not then phoning few seconds later yes he did remanded me with Faulty Towers !! Not what I expected or expected
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Morhaf
"Not great"
Hotel is very tired needs updated. It's expensive given the condition
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"Nice hotel close to Darlington"
I stayed here a couple of nights while visiting friends, the Hotel is large with lots of space in and outside, I would have liked to visit it in the summer to use the swimming pool and the gym but as I stayed at end of November I didn't fancy the swim, I did not use the restaurant or any other facility as I met my friends in Town but the staff were very helpful every time I needed to book a taxi, at my check in and my check out! I would stay here again...
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Jose
"Curates egg"
Our first night was a disaster, we had booked a superior room and first impressions were very good. Unfortunately our room turned out to be an emergency escape route and therefore had a green light which remained on constantly. Worse the room was linked to a seminar room and we were woken at 2. 30. by furniture being moved as night staff prepared the room for the meeting to be held there in the morning. We complained the next day and the receptionist apologised and moved us to a fabulous room for our second night.
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
Pauline
"In need of revamp and a decent cleaner"
our room was in much need of a good clean and maintenance. Cracked bathroom sink, disintegrating sash windows in much need of restoration (constant draft). Heavily worn out carpet, doors. Not to mention dead wasps, bees, spiders, and flies on the window seals and several large spider webs in almost every corner of the bed room and also down in the restaurant
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
"Big hotel"
Noisy water pipes and room was very hot. Food was good and although parts of the hotel was tired looking it still had character.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Great location for this part of the country.A1M side of Darlington so easy to access. We joined a family wedding but a longer stay or just in-transit would be fine.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Gerard
"Great location."
Location ideal for our visit to the Seniors Open at Rockcliffe Hall. Only criticism was problem cheap kettles in room - we had difficulty making drinks. Could have done with 2 chairs in room (only 1 supplied) to watch TV in evening. Extra shelf in bathroom would help - nowhere to put bath items.
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Golfing Couple
"great location"
ticked all the boxes, perfect for business as well as lesuire,
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Marta
"New owners need to invest fast !!!"
The hotel is in bad shape and desperately needs investment it looks to me like the new owners are first of all chasing the wedding market ,but our rooms 114 & 115 in the " new block" looked as though they haven't seen a lick of paint since they were built ! poss 30 years ago.The hallway was dim and the carpets just a mess.The room cost us £69 plus £10 for breakfast and the Magners was £4.40 a pint yet no one could wipe clean an outside table. three things going for the hotel the staff ,the main dining area was bright poss new carpet & furniture bit still needed painted and the cooked breakfast was excellent .There are better hotels not far away,im afraid it wasn't up to the mark they had their chance and blew it i wont be back.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
corry
"Quirky"
I was staying for the one night whilst away on business. The hotel was a bit quirky and definitely tired and worn. Great building and grounds. Staff superb in reception, bar and restaurant. Excellent meal. The room i had was a 'superior double'. It was right at the front of the buidling, very spacious and only a few pounds more expensive that a standard double. Having read other reviews I probably benefitted from being there midweek - no weddings on and very attentive staff.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
Business Trip
"Good stop over"
This hotel is always reliable - it does what it says on the tin
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
Janielou
"Nice place to stay"
I liked it, room had a carpet stain and the bed was a bit hard. Had an ironing board, but no iron. The room was next to the staff dining room, so there was a light on all night. I'd stay there again though the beer and the food were both excellent!
1 night business trip May 19, 2014
ScottFraser
"One too many coats of Paint."
The food was out of this world, Hotel itself in tip top condition but it has had one too many coats of paint. Stiff doors, slamming doors through the night.
2 night trip May 1, 2014
AyeChampion
Huge comfy beds and nice location
1 night trip Mar 12, 2014
"A nice break"
Stayed here for 3 nights in mid March. Very happy with all aspects of this hotel i.e room,bar and spa.
3 night trip Feb 17, 2014
"Ideal to tour area"
Excellent hotel at a very good price. Bus service and train service to local areas are frequent and affordable.
1 night trip Feb 18, 2014
Jack
"Great staff"
Hotel looks quite grand and the lounges, dining room etc were lovely but our room was disappointing. The bed was so uncomfortable , no extra blankets and the cleanliness wasn't too good. Hotel in General is crying out for TLC. However the staff were so friendly and efficient so I didn't complain!
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
sharon
Very poor
1 night business trip Feb 14, 2014
"Has potential - needs some love and investment"
First the positives. Staff where polite and courteous and very helpful, especially after another guest had damaged my car and driven off without reporting it! The negatives :( on entering my bedroom there was a fusty damp smell similiar to a room that had been aired for some time. The bed was hard and where the two matresses had been pushed togher there was about 1/2 inch difference in height, great for stopping a partner coming for a late night cuddle! I was awoken about 6am every morning by very noisy heating system. The decore in the hotel is in need of rennovating, it doesnt look or feel old and classic it feels old and run down.
2 night business trip Feb 12, 2014
"Nice hotel but very noisy"
Sunday I arrived excellent welcome Wedding reception on no complaints until later when it seemed everybody in the hotel wanted to pass my room (not quietly) Same again Monday lots of banging doors and banging on doors Tuesday had a good nights sleep
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
"Overnight stay on business. OK for the modest cost"
Pleasant trainee receptionist. Thin douvet on a cold night. Reasonable breakfast if booked in advance at £10. Expensive if not.
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
"Nice Nights Stay."
The Hotel was very good and a roaring fire welcomed me on arrival. Good Price, Good Location and Good Food.. Will stay again when possible...
1 night business trip Feb 5, 2014
Arnie...
"Not all that it should have been"
Kept awake by noisy guest in adjoining bedroom that ran a bath at midnight every night. Then woke up again at 4am by the noisy heating coming on. Did change rooms to avoid the noisy neighbour but second room much smaller. Spa not available at begining of stay and football not available on main tv despite it saying it was in the hotel brochure. Other than that a pleasent stay.
4 night trip Jan 22, 2014
"Run down and shoddy!"
Checked into a excecutive room, to be shown to a shoebox sized room with most uncomfortable lumpy old bed I have I felt. Sat on bed waiting for receptionist to come to our room with a key to another room to discover a big toenail on the carpet next to the bed. Hotel reception very scruffy and un inviting, also the area below the staircase where you are supposed to chill and have a drink very shoddy and dark. Would not stay here again, booked into a premier inn for the rest of my visit.
Other trip Jan 25, 2014
Andy
"In Desperate Need Of New Beds!"
I stayed one night in this hotel and was unable to sleep due to the bed. It was like sleeping on a bag of coals. When I asked if I could move rooms, I was told there wasn't any others free. The staff were relatively friendly, but nothing to write home about! The hotel was in a bad state of repair. I will not be staying here again and have advised the office to black list this hotel for any future business stays.
1 night business trip Jan 15, 2014
HAIGH
"A Tired Hotel, in need of some TLC"
Sadly the reviews are right about this hotel. It really is a 3 out of 5. It could be amazing but is in need of a hotel inspector makeover session. The building and grounds are lovey but sadly the hotel is stuck in 1985 and needs a serious re-furb. Also the breakfast was very poor quality and looked as if the eggs had been sitting around of days! The evening meal was pretty good but expensive.
1 night business trip Nov 18, 2013
Neil
"Tired, but comfortable with good service"
The hotel looks grand until you walk too far from reception. The rooms are a bit tired, but comfortable enough. Food was ok, but a bit pricey. Swimming pool is tiny - 3 strokes and you'd smack your head on the other side. Located about 1 1/2 mile from the station. Easy walk, however plenty of taxi's in the station rank. Overall decent value for a business traveller
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2013
"UNCOMFY BED"
THE HOTEL WAS DATED . WE WERE MOVED TO ANOTHER ROOM AS THE TV WASNT WORKING . THE ROOMS WERE IN REAL NEED OF REPAIR
1 night trip Sep 28, 2013
DARREN
"Comfortable hotel in an easy access position."
All staff very helpful. The restaurant was clean and service was good. Easy access to car parks. Delighted that our dog could stay as well. We may return next year.
Other trip Aug 20, 2013
Hotel was a great location for my business needs and the rooms were clean and tidy but I did think it was a bit expensive for what you got and breakfast was not included and very expensive for a buffet style and I'm afraid my dinner was very poor standard and tasteless.
1 night business trip Jul 3, 2013
B
"Run Down"
2 star at best, don't be fooled by the long drive and Georgian appended if the main building. The majority of the hotel is tired and in need of a revamp. The staff are not welcoming and seem uninterested. My suggestion would be to find another hotel, thus just doesn't hit the mark.
1 night business trip May 29, 2013
steships
"Great location, exceptional value"
Lovely hotel, located within a 15/20 minute walk into Darlington town centre and close to A1. Well equiped rooms, although carpets could do with a clean. Another slight bug-bare is that rooms are serviced daily and there doesn't appear to be a "do not disturb/ clean" option. Haven't eaten in the restaurant or bar, but it always looks busy.
3 night business trip May 7, 2013
Simon
"Fish for breakfast?"
Hotel looks grander from the outside than the reality of the interior, however the staff are very friendly and make the most of what they have on offer. The natives must prefer a fry-up in the morning since neither the haddock nor the kippers on the breakfast menu were available. That said, the black pudding was very good and I'd certainly use this hotel again.
Other trip Feb 27, 2013
Business
Hotel is clean and comfortable with a nice quiet location near to motorway and town etc. In need of some modernisation and TLC as looking very tired in certain areas.
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2013