All hotels in Asbury Park, New Jersey, United States of America
1401 Ocean Ave, Asbury Park, NJ, 07712, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Asbury overnight getaway"
We love the location! Cool old building, could use updated chaises at pool. Funky town, fun to people watch
1 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
"Worst Hotel on Earth (#WHOE)"
Awful. Comedy of service errors. Arrived at 5 pm but room wasn't ready, despite 4 pm check-in. After I complained, a room was "found." Then was told to park at meter on street since valet was filled. The hotel sold out its parking to a wedding party, screwing hotel guests. In room, plastic rod to open drapes fell and nearly poked my eye out. TV and alarm clock didn't work. ATM in lobby didn't work, despite fees of $3.50/transaction. No towels at pool. No room service after 8:30 pm. What else can I say? Just horrendous, alarmingly so for $300/night (last-minute rate). Consider yourself warned.
1 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
Sean
"Can I sleep in the lobby? Can they update the pool"
Is this the hotel I saw online? I chose this hotel over the cookie-cutter large chains for something different and more upscale. But I wish I had chosen a Marriott or the like because I would be guaranteed a certain standard. Despite its name, it is NOT on the beach but one street and Boardwalk crossing away. And while close to the 'famous' arcade shops - which are cute but still in a run down place - hotel is not in such a great area of Asbury Park. There are nicer areas, like downtown where I wish I would have stayed. Inside lobby is very fancy and open but does not match the rest of the hotel - rooms or pool. The rooms are a good size but need updating. Mattresses are poor and linens pretty worn out. The pool area is run down....like I am staying at a Super 8 not a $180/night hotel. To top it off, front desk staff (one young woman with long brown hair in particular who was not mindful of the long line waiting while she kept walking away, and she seemed annoyed to be there) needs some training in customer service. I would not stay here again.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Julia
"Why so much money?"
There was 1 towel for the two of us. Pretty mediocre for the price.
1 night trip with friends Aug 19, 2015
Horrible experience. They didn't have my reservation at first although I had a confirmation. Then they gave me a room that was a already occupied. The only saving grace was that they promised a reduction in price for the mishaps that occurred.
1 night trip with friends Aug 15, 2015
"I guess if you just need to crash post-Stone Pony"
Is there anyone actually managing this operation? Seems to have a lot of potential to be a far better place. The bathroom tile was a striking lesson in how not to DIY. Seems to be just overrun.
2 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
erin
"Unclean, unsafe, too expensive"
I was accompanied by an amazing woman who is wheelchair confined. This hotel is not wheelchair accessible by any means which really ruined our stay. The doors were incredibly narrow to navigate the wheelchair through. The walkway to get to the pool is so incredibly narrow that it is unsafe for a wheelchair. Even the gift shop was a nightmare to enter with the wheelchair. One of the double doors to enter the shop was covered in merchandise so it took a solid 5 minutes just to get through the door. The room was seemingly clean until we flipped over a pillow on the bed and uncovered a big orange stain. The tub had mildew and no stopper in the tub. A major flaw in the room was the half enclosed shower. There is only one glass panel in said shower so water got everywhere. Being that I was accompanied by someone who is disabled, this was incredibly unsafe for not only her but myself since I slipped as well. The staff was nice and accommodating. Unfortunately management was nowhere to be found during our stay. For the exorbitant amount of money I spent for a one night stay, I expected better quality than what was received. Overall, I was disappointed with the hotel. I will likely stay at a Holiday Inn or other hotel that is less expensive and cleaner rather than the Berkeley.
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
Melinda
"Awful service then don't go there..."
Awful service stay for 2 nights. Decided cancelled next day refund charge... Because of that we waited for extra bed folder never show up and no ice cube, no wifi, no refrigerator.... It's expensive not good service. I thought that good hotel but it's not true nothing star period...
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
Lissette
"Perfect location to the beach"
Perfect location steps from beach. Updated interior makes up for outdated exterior. Very few amenities. No bar or restaurant open during the week?
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
Had never visited Asbury Park before and had a very pleasant stay at the Berkeley. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. Being close to the beach and restaurants was a big plus!
3 night romance trip Aug 10, 2015
Front desk staff was amazing
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
"You're paying for a view,if you're lucky..."
I've stayed here twice as a midweek get away from NYC. My kids like it for the pool but that's about where it ends. Both my stays I encountered a room that looked OK but on closer inspection we found bathroom vents covered in so much dust that they looked like a black hole, stained carpet, one room had a broken bed that was sitting in the floor at the foot and held up by the headboard at the other end. But, the icing on the cake was the elephantine urine stain on the bed my kids shared on our most recent visit. One has to wonder what kind of practices are acceptable in a hotel that lets a urine stain remain in a room for the next guest(s) to discover.
1 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
"What a location!"
What a great oceanfront beach hotel. I upgraded to an ocean view room and it was worth every penny. Centrally located to Asbury Park boardwalk and a quick walk to Ocean Grove's amazing restaurants. Our room wasn't stocked correctly - 1 face cloth but 3 bath towels? And the TV didn't work, but we weren't there to watch TV. Just annoying when trying to catch some news in the morning. Staff for the most part was friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
Tez
"I was OK!"
The Hotel was very nice and the location was perfect, I thought the décor was pretty and staff was really nice. What I didn't like was this is the Jersey Shore and I booked this Hotel because it had a Tiki Bar by the pool and a restaurant in the Hotel, well the Tiki Bar and Restaurant is only open on the weekends and I was there during the week, How is that possible when summer is only like 2 months. That was a real disappointment. The cleaning lady left dirty cups and didn't clean or empty the ice bucket for 3 days I had to do it myself.
3 night romance trip Aug 4, 2015
Good value
2 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
"Interesting one night stay"
Arrived at the hotel for a one night stay. Valet parking is the only option. We needed a bellman for help with our bags. So this guy shows up and watches us load the luggage cart. And then pretty much escorted us up to the room. We did all the work. He opened the door and didn't point out any of the amenities or offered help at all. He just needs to learn what a bellman's job is. There was also a tattoo convention going on so there was a lot of tattoos to look at.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Sean
"Last minute stay."
Wonderful place to stay.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Alberto
Great hotel. Excellent location. Bellhops and valet are fantastic. The front desk and bartenders are not the best. Very slow service.
2 night trip with friends Jul 31, 2015
Meggan
"Sufficient"
We stayed one night for a show at the Wonder Bar... It was convenient to the location however the neighborhood leaves much to be desired. The room was dated and the bed was hard. If you plan to check out at the check out time? Plan on waiting a long time for your car. Needed more help getting the cars. They also charge $20/night for parking.
1 night romance trip Jul 29, 2015
Leah
"Terrible room conditions, unhelpul staff"
Our room had two bed lamps that were torn, the drawer from the dresser kept popping out automatically, and the tub had a bunch of hardware from faucet hanging in it. We also had to call in for towels as they were not originally in the room upon arrival. Despite the pricey nightly fee, wifi was not included and every thing cost extra. In the main lobby, there was still some sort of construction going on and it smelled very strongly like glue. We had to go to front desk several times to bring up the room condition and the service was very lukewarm instead of apologetic. Complete ripoff.
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Ivi
"For a beachfront hotel, not bad."
Got upgraded to a suite due to inconvenience which was nice. Big sitting room but awkward layout. TV wasn't viewable from the bed. View was nice but window shades were misaligned (chain fell off the wheel) so I was unable to open them up. Couple of dead flies at the window sill. Paint falling off the ceiling in the bathroom shower. Bed too firm for my preference. Overall, everything was okay and hotel front desk were nice despite some hiccups. Hotel has nice finishes in the lobby but the rooms needs more attention. Location is great.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Justine
"Never again!"
AWFUL AWFUL.. I cant believe I paid so much for this hotel. I stayed in 70 dollar hotels way nicer and much more comfortable than this joke of an establishment.Arrival went well, parking guys were great, evening check=in staff was great. then it all started.I go to use the hair dryer and it was broken, shower was very poorly remodeled using chalk to seal a lot of the tiles. Bed was hard and uncomfortable. about 1030pm suddenly at 12am we are woken by loud music and adolescents being loud, yelling profanity and a dog barking. I called front desk and told them they were being loud, they said someone would be up... not sure that happened because it continued until 1:30am. I did find out dog were not suppose to be on the 7th floor, guess that isn't enforced. I woke up with a migraine due to the constant interruption of sleep. I went to the desk and asked if I could receive a refund for night 2. they refused but would move my room. I didnt think this was a good solution because how can they guarantee I wouldn't be bothered, I just wanted to go to a better hotel and get my moneys worth. I spoke with hotels.com and they called hotel, still no luck. So instead of being out everything plus another hotel, I stayed the second night, a weird knock noise every 1.5 hours that kept waking me up. Ice vending is not available on every floor. Nightly parking was expensive too.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Deanna
"Okay"
It was fine for the price. The staff were friendly and nice. The room was clean. It's a bit old and used, but again, fine for the price and well located.
1 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
"It was a wonderful experience"
We used this hotel while on Location, filming in Asbury Park. The rooms were large and comfortable and clean, and the service extended by management and the front desk team was exceptional. Even the housekeepers were friendly and welcoming and helpful. No one in our party of eight people had any complaints whatsoever. I recommend this hotel highly. It has a stately, timeless elegance, and I would gladly stay there again.
3 night business trip Jul 26, 2015
Thom
"Nice place for the night."
It was right across from the beach! Rooms were ok need lil tlc but nice. Beds were hotel beds...hard and not comfortable.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
Tracy
It was a great weekend!
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"Expensive, disappointing, deceiving."
As soon as we arrived we were greeted by valet who told us they had the cheapest parking which would cost another 20 bucks a night. He told us we could park at the hotel lot or on the street for 1 dollar an hour. Well after walking around you realize street parking is 1 dollar an OR 10 bucks for the day. After checking in we realized there was no fridge in the room so we requested one and were told that would cost another 25 bucks. Upon check-in I told them we had perishable items and were assured that the fridge would be there by the time we got everything up to my room. It took close to four hours before my very small dented 25 dollar fridge arrived. At one point I tried calling down to the front desk from the room but I realized no matter what time of day your calling you get a busy tone when using the room phone to call the front desk. I got in late one night around 2 am, the hotel was quiet so I tested it to see and I still got a busy tone. I had to call from an outside line and use the prompts to reach the front desk. Of course it's another ten bucks a day for WiFi. And to top it all off, not once during our 3 night stay did housekeeping come in and clean the room. We spent most of the time out of the room so I can't figure that one out. Overpriced and you get nothing for your money! For the money we spent we could have rented a condo or for a week rather than this overpriced place with nothing included for the weekend.
3 night trip Jul 23, 2015
Jimmy
"Okay stay"
It was a nice stay but no room to hang towels and staff didn't leave enough towels or toilet paper there was a water leak in the hallway that they didn't take care of and not enough electrical outlets for chargers etc
4 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
AndrewG
"a gem."
Super convenient to the beach, boardwalk, parking, restaurants, entertainment. Free coffee in mornings in the lobby. Gorgeous meeting rooms and grand foyer areas or outside seating near the fountain and coy pond.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
"Good place to stay."
The hotel is in the heart of the beach area. The outside is old looking but preserves the look from many years ago. Inside is modern, clean and pleasing to the eye. Lobby is appealing and the rooms are clean spacious and nice to be in. There are 2 areas of concern. 1. You have to pay $20 a night to park which is outrageous given the room rate is not inexpensive. Once you pay for parking there is a problem finding a space and if you move the car to go out for the night it is a major inconvenience. The 2nd issue was the front desk person. He was polite but slow. We asked for rooms next to each other and he gave us 327 and 325.which sound like they are right next to each other but in fact are on opposite sides of the floor. It was not a big issue but he should know the lay out of the hotel. Other than that the staff is very polite. I would stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 22, 2015
Great location. Staff very friendly and helpful. The swimming pool needs a little more maintenance but other than that is a nice place to stay.
2 night trip with friends Jul 24, 2015
Gerardo
"Immaculate"
This place was immaculate! The deluxe double bed room was perfect for my family, this was our first time to Asbury Park, disappointed in the " Boardwalk" shops were closed at 8:30 pm? We were there on a Wednesday night to walk around and everything except the eateries were closed! Nothing to offer the kids other than sit on the beach and an arcade, but the Berkley was great!
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
"Disappointing.."
One night beach getaway. Discovered an old hospital covered with a thin coat of paint and cheap furniture disguised as a boutique hotel. Tub didn't drain. No towels or iron in room.
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
"Grossly overpriced"
The location is the hotels biggest asset for sure! Room was tiny and grossly over priced especially since it lacked amenities like room service. Hotel also needs updates; bit dated and patchy with certain parts in the hotel,but loved the ocean view and location.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2015
"Neat Old Hotel"
Great view and close to beach/boardwalk. Wish the hotel had free parking.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Nice hotel but disappointed with amenities"
The hotel overall was nice,and close to the boardwalk,however there was no refrigerator or coffee maker in the room and the hair dryer didn't even work. When paying over $300 a night I expect those,things and more!
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
Dayna
"Girls Weekend at Asbury Park"
Some of the employees were friendly and welcoming like Isaiah on the 7th floor. The front desk was helpful. I spent two nights (Friday-Saturday) at the hotel. I was able to check in two hours early and check out two hours later. This was great. However, on our first night we called for an additional towels and it never arrived. The next day, the cleaning lady cleaned our room but forgot to give us fresh towels so we had to call again for towels. The second time, we received them immediately. The valet people at the hotel were not helpful except for one person named Omar. The other valet we would ask them info they would ignore us. At one point we asked for a taxi and we were given the business card. At other hotels, they would actually call the taxi.
2 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
Carmen
Perfect hotel for a romantic weekend!
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
Alison
"Clean hotel, lacks amenities"
My husband and I stayed overnight in Asbury Park to see a concert at The Stone Pony. The Berkley was pretty much the only option in the area. The hotel was nice, the staff was pleasant, and the room was clean. It is an old building, and our toilet didn't flush very well. The shower/tub has a fixed door so you can't really adjust the temperature before getting in the shower. I read the small print so I was expecting to pay $20 for parking, but there was no parking available when we checked in at 5pm as we were told the lot was full which left us the option of metered parking, or parking a few blocks away for free. We chose to park a few blocks west, and walked. Very odd considering how open the area is around the hotel that they have been unable to acquire parking spaces for the building. The Berkley is in a great location right next to the beach, and only a few blocks walk from the Stone Pony. I liked how empty the beach areas were for this time of year. I would stay at the Berkley again, but hopefully they update their WiFi before then because charging per device when you're travelling as a family could be expensive. I was fine without WiFi for the night, but might be rough when traveling with the kids.
1 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Danielle
Best Hotel in Jersey Shore... Good location....
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Min
Workers wonderful.
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Cathy
"Nice location and that's about it"
The hotel location was perfect. Right on the boardwalk. The room however was not cleaned well during the 4 nights we stayed. The sink was left dirty and the towels in the bathroom not changed out. The windows were old and stained. Couldn't really see out of them (ocean view room sort of) and couldn't open them at all as they were painted shut. I have stayed at much better hotels for the same money.
4 night trip with friends Jul 1, 2015
"Total Disappointment"
Although this hotel was located in a great location, it lacked just about everything else for the rate. We didn't have hot water for showering andhe AC barely got the room below 75 degrees. After emailing the hotel about the hot water, no one responded. We will not be staying there again.
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2015
"Seemingly nice hotel, but looks can be deceptive"
We paid a lot to stay at this hotel (over 300 a night). The rooms are far from quiet as the doors have very poor seals and a great amount of space between the floor and door so everything is heard. The rooms require a key to have electricity which is fine, but the electric current provided is poor and to charge for instance an Iphone takes several hours (left an Iphone and Ipad charging for over 5 hours and only got to 36%). The ice machines are all broken and if you want ice you have to search! The shower never drained and despite the cleaning lady coming daily and calling about the problem we always showered in a bathtub full of water.
3 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2015
Joshua
"Worth a Visit"
I've always wanted to stay at this hotel because of its charm and proximity to the beach. It was a short but nice stay. Staff was helpful and accommodating. Room was good but wish there was a fridge. A lot to do and eat in the immediate area so I was able to valet the car and leave it. Live music was great. Also would recommend that the hotel offer free or at least discounted beach badges to their guests. $20 for parking n $7 in beach badges can add up quickly especially for an extended family stay. I can't wait to come back.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Desiree
"Affordable chic in Asbury Park"
Very nice hipster hotel. Request an ocean view room!
1 night trip with friends Jun 25, 2015
Dr. Anthony
"Close to Boardwalk, getting on in years."
Great location in an iconic hotel that does show it's age a bit but remains a comfortable and nicer option in a town with some questionable alternative accommodations.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
"Not worth it!"
I grew up in this area and went to The Berkely for a wedding. The Berkely is a remodel of a hotel that was there forever. The remodel is cheap and the finishes and attempted modern design they put in were incomplete. Our room had beds that were slightly too small for the frames, the furniture was chipped, the light fixtures in the bathroom were loose and the partial shower door was ill-constructed, making the bathroom floor flood with water. The windows leaked in many wedding guests' oceanfront rooms (one guy's clothes were soaked and the hotel had to go launder them.) It's a shoddy re-do on sp many levels. Their check-in staff seemed unequipped to deal with a wedding of that magnitude (300+) and parking was self-park several blocks away in a not-so-nice neighborhood. For the prices you charge Berkely, GET IT TOGETHER!
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
the place needs updating. hair dryer did not work.
3 night trip Jun 21, 2015
john carroll
"Avoid this jersey shore joke"
Parking is horrible. The hotel is frightening looking like the jersey version of the overlook. But worst of all the staff service was wretched. Never again.
1 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015