All hotels in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
411 E Mason St, Milwaukee, WI, 53202, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great room but WiFi was unusable.
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
"HERE COMES THE SUN.Dont expect to sleep past 6am,"
Nice hotel. A bit pricey comparatively. Front desk staff was friendly but wasnt ready to answer most of our pretty simple questions about the hotel and area. The only real complaint was that they do not have blackout blinds on the windows.. its just a translucent shade... makes for a really bright 6am wake up call.
Response by Hotel Metro
Thank you Matthew for your comments from your recent stay with us. We do have a few front desk agents who are training and part of their training is familiarizing themselves with the downtown area and attractions- bars, restaurants, museums, etc. I will make sure that my staff keeps learning more and more every day about the area and the many different entertainment options that Milwaukee has to offer! I will also discuss the black out curtains in our manager meeting today because it is a legitimate concern. Thank you for choosing Hotel Metro, we look forward to hosting you as our guest again next time you stay with us!
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
matthew
"Nice place and location, great breakfast menu"
A hip and funky downtown hotel, the Metro is close to museums and the Lakefront festivals... of note, it has a GREAT breakfast and brunch menu...
Response by Hotel Metro
Thank you for your comments from your stay with us during Summerfest! We hope you had a wonderful time and were able to enjoy all the exciting and fun activities that Milwaukee has to offer! I would agree about our Breakfast menu- my favorite selection is the Country Fried Steak and Eggs- so good! Thank you for choosing Hotel Metro; we appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you next time you're in Milwaukee!
1 night business trip Jun 23, 2015
"Short night but nice stay."
Nice size. Clean room. Friendly staff.
Response by Hotel Metro
Thank you for your feedback Robert! Sometimes the short and sweet answers are all you need to say and I think that's exactly what you were going for. We hope you had a great time while staying at Hotel Metro and hope to see you again next time you're looking to stay in the downtown Milwaukee area!
1 night trip Jun 23, 2015
"needs work"
the hotel needs a serious facelift
1 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
Jeffrey
"Needs improvement"
Room was hot! Hear was running despite being 80 degrees outside. Air was able to be turned on but heater was separate and no response from front desk. Bed was comfortable. Bar service was good. Seems though like this hotel needs a bit of an upgrade if charging this much. Waited 15 min to check out due to computer issues.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Beth
"What a surprise!"
Awesome place to stay! Cute hotel and nice neighborhood. Will stay there again.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
WENDY
"Hotel was nice, the room was lacking."
We only had hot water in the room at night, no cold water, had to call to have cold water brought to our room. The air handler fan was always running, and was very loud. the hotel bar and restaurant was great for breakfast, would highly recommend that.
2 night trip with friends Apr 10, 2015
Travis
"Great service"
Great service but the hotel room wreaked of cigarettes
1 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
"Cute but old"
This old building is in a great location and has charm, but the room felt old and could use a refresh. My room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke at times (particularly when the bathroom fan was turned on). It was disgusting, and when I mentioned it to the front desk at checkout, the employee did not apologize and seemed disinterested. Will not be back.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Jenny
"Hotel Metro . . . once a fine place to stay"
Hotel Metro was a favorite of mine. Has become a bit tired and needs to refresh decor. Halls smelled and were cold, ice machines did not work, one of the TV's did not work, shower had little water pressure, had to call the front desk to request that room temperature be raised. Definitely not worth the money and will not return.
Response by Hotel Metro
Karl, I apologize about the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us. We have many upcoming and new projects for the hotel as we prepare for our busy, summer season. The ice machine on the fifth floor is temporarily out of service, but there is one on the third floor. I'm glad we were able to tighten the cable cords in the back of the TV so that all of our channels came in. I hope you give us another chance next time you visit Milwaukee; we'd like to make it up to you!
1 night business trip Feb 26, 2015
Karl
"Not worth the price"
I loved the location of this hotel, but I think that's all I can say I really "loved" about it. The room was nice but the only thing it had going for it was the jacuzzi tub. It was outdated, needed a good paint job, and the plastic on the outside of the tub was peeling off. My husband and I both agreed the next time we stay in Milwaukee we will find a room somewhere else for half the price and just skip the jacuzzi. This room was definitely not worth the price.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Nicole
"Nice adaptive re-use in downtown"
Nicely refurbished hotel in downtown with enormous rooms. The heating system is a bit outdated and creaked and groaned from time to time. Hotel staff were uniformly pleasant, professional and very eager to assist.
Response by Hotel Metro
Thank you for posting a review online from your recent stay with us at Hotel Metro. I have passed along your review to our maintenance staff and apologize about any disturbance you may have experienced. I have passed on your compliments to my staff and I appreciate your feedback. Have a wonderful day!
1 night business trip Feb 19, 2015
"Perfect couples night"
Loved the suite, and the surrounding neighborhood, even the bar/lounge downstairs was terrific!
Response by Hotel Metro
I'm glad you enjoyed your time as a guest of Hotel Metro. We hope to see you again sometime!
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Girls Night Stay"
I really like the vibe of this hotel, the room was fabulous and the bathroom was so amazing. The only complaint i have is that we had to wait 60" to check in and there really was NO explanation as to why. Very frustrating when all you are told is to have a seat. REALLY? we had dinner plans that fortunately we didn't miss but I still am not pleased with the hotel staff
Response by Hotel Metro
Michelle, thank you for posting a review from your recent stay with us. We guarantee check-in at 3:00pm and check out is at 12:00pm. We do our very best to accommodate guests as quickly and efficiently as possible. An early check-in request is very common and our hard working housekeeping staff does an amazing job with servicing the rooms so that you have a clean and fresh suite to stay in. I apologize about the wait you experienced, but am glad you and your friends enjoyed your time during your stay. We hope to see you again in the future!
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
"Great hotel in the heart of Milwaukee"
The hotel staff was so friendly and accommodating the entire time we were there. We rented a king spa suite with fireplace and, though room looks a little bigger in the photos, it's quite stunning. The restaurant attached to the hotel was also fantastic.
Response by Hotel Metro
Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed the warm fireplace during these colder winter months. We hope to host you again as our valued guests next time you visit Milwaukee!
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Unfoegettable Honeymoon experience"
We decided to stay here for our honeymoon, since we couldn't afford to go somewhere exotic and out of country. Plus the in-room fireplace and whirlpool tub suites were convincing enough to try. Glad we did because we were not disappointed. We were greeted with complementary cava, my car was lovingly washed and the disruptive drunken guests were immediately given the boot within two minutes of our call to front desk at 6am. Our night parking charges were waived as an apology and the front desk manager even got us a second stay and nearly half the cost of the first night. As far as hotel Metro goes every detail was spectacular. Best breakfast in years. The pancakes were as big as dinner plates, hot and ready with a friendly knock and greeting by room service. There is a wonderful jazz band that plays on Saturdays and fills the entire lobby floor and restaurant with uplifting and excitingly colorful ambiance and atmosphere. What we enjoyed most was how hard the staff worked to gice us an amazing honeymoon experience in our own backyard. They really went above and beyond to craft so many personal touches that it felt uniquely our own. We were treated as royalty or individuals of great importance. It also makes a huge difference when you're dealing with a staff that's more like an intimate family setup. We oficially want to come back for anniversaries, birthdays and getaways to Hotel Metro...our slice of patadise in our home within home.
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
monique
"Very nice hotel, with great rooms."
Queen suite was beyond expectations. Wow factor when we walked into that room. Room service and food at restaurant was very good and not over priced. We asked for a play and pack for our baby and it was brought up quick. It was also newer and clean.
Response by Hotel Metro
Jeremy, thank you for posting a review from your recent stay with us in January. We appreciate your comments and feedback. I hope you found our Deluxe Queen Suite to be accommodating and spacious. Please feel free to contact us next time you are looking to stay in downtown Milwaukee!
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
Jeremy
Hotel stay was pleasant. Given the size of hotel, it was very quiet, which was perfect as we were looking for a weekend getaway from the kids. Hotel restaurant had excellent food except for drink glass that had a lipstick markings.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
"A lovely stay in a historic boutique hotel"
Hotel Metro is an art deco boutique hotel ideally located for just about anything one would want to do in downtown Milwaukee. The room was huge (500+sq.ft.) and beautifully divided by a curved wooden wall 3/4 the way to the high ceiling, separating the sitting area from the bed room. The bed was comfortable, and the room very clean and quiet. The bathroom was chic and had a huge soaking tub as well as a shower. Wonderful spa-type bathrobe and slippers, one TV in the sitting area, another in the bedroom. The location is perfect--an easy walk to the theater complex at Wells and Water--but not on Wells or Wisconsin which are noisy. I had a theater ticket the first night and the next day hit a couple of museums that had shows closing I'd been meaning to see. Excellent eating and night life options on Water St 2 blocks away. I used the hotel's restaurant for breakfast each day, hearty brunch fare. Good food, well-priced for the area. Its bar has a wonderful happy hour weekends. There are the usual free wifi, newspapers, spa and garage. I had a lovely "staycation" in my home town without dealing with parking my car all the places I wanted to go. I will probably do this again next fall. The only quibble: the closet would be small for two people for a longer stay.
2 night trip Dec 30, 2014
Kathleen
"A- hotel amazing. Hot pants bartender not"
Service was wonderful! Jessie Casey Jasmine even the sheets lady was sweet. My ONLY concern was the bartender at the lounge sat night was more concerned with sealing a booty call than helping me with a drink. i did finally get a drink after he was waved over for the tenth time. i dont think he knew i was guest. But either way i was a patron. Be aware of the money coming in. Not getting ur jollies. Overall amazing room. Great people. Really kind. Thank you. I will be back.
1 night trip Jan 17, 2015
Mindy
"Anniversary Getaway"
We went to the Hotel Metro for our 17th wedding anniversary. The staff, room, and the "Just for Two Us" package was outstanding. The hotel was centrally located for an overnight getaway and a meal at the Carnivore Restaurant (also the best meal I/we have ever had). I would stay at the Hotel Metro again and I would recommend it to anyone.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Joel
"Amazing!!!!"
I had the fireplace and jetted tub room, it was very very nice, the only thing I think they need to add is microwave in room. Other wise my stay was wonderful, thank you Hotels. com and Mostly Hotel Metro, I will tell everyone how beautiful your hotel is!!!!!!
1 night trip Jan 4, 2015
Judy
Gas fireplace was great. The in room Spa was good until we tried to empty it. The drain would not open. The room furnace was warm enough but the fan was loud and obnoxious.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Great Downtown location"
I really enjoyed this hotel and was perfect for our girls getaway on new years eve. The two bedroom suite I originally booked had some issues and the hotel staff handle the situation well and upgraded my stay with two joining king suites which were really nice I had great downtown views and the suite was really nice. Since we stayed on new years eve, there were many parties and many people outside but the room had sound proof windows so the noise level wasn't a problem. One minor issue I had was the knocking noise from the heaters but other than that the stay was amazing. I would definitely come back again!
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Taquanda
It was a very good location for our weekend. The free London taxi was a wonderful surprise and the staff did a great job.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Loved our stay at Hotel Metro!"
Hotel Metro feels a little older but very well maintained and clean. We stayed in the King Jacuzzi Suite and the tub was awesome, bed was very comfortable. The location is perfect so we would definitely stay there again. It's next door to the Pfister hotel so we did walk next door to go to their penthouse bar which was beautiful. My only critique would be that there are not blackout shades so it's super bright in the morning. Not a big enough deal for me to lower the score but if I spent a late night out I may not have been too happy :) Overall great experience.
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Megan
"Nice weekend"
We had a jacuzzi suite, this is a boutique hotel, it is in the business area of downtown a little ways from the historic district and the mall. Everything in that area is closed including restaurants. The room itself was large and the bed is extremely comfortable. There were large cobwebs on the ceiling and the carpet edges were peeling off. The room could use more cleaning and I am not a neat freak. Nice toiletries and tub. The hotel itself could use a facelift. Valet parking is the only option and it is an expensive one at $27/ night. Steep for Milwaukee, I better be in Chicago or New York if I'll be paying that much for parking.
2 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Art deco hotel in downtown"
Excellent hotel with historic charm. We stayed in the spa room, which featured a wonderful soaker tub in the middle of the room. The room was also extremely spacious, even with getting a smaller sized one. The staff was extremely helpful and the attached restaurant was very tasty.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Aaron
"Awesome hotel in Downtown Milwaukee"
This is a great hotel in downtown Milwaukee. They have a wonderful restaurant and bar that serves excellent food and drinks. The rooms are amazing. Very large and spacious with a great work space and bathroom. They also have a spa with a hot tub and dry sauna. The fitness center is a little small. Will definitely stay here again.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
Darlene
"Great place for a romantic getaway"
The perfect place for a short getaway to celebrate a birthday. Room was clean and comfortable. We loved it.
1 night romance trip Dec 1, 2014
"Metro"
We stayed there to celebrate my husbands 60th birthday
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Kristine
"Awesome!"
My husband and I booked a night for our 3 year anniversary. We had tickets to see the Lion King and decided to make a night of it. We loved our stay. The staff was attentive and went out of their way to make us comfortable. The room was amazing. We had a fire place suite and found it more than adequate. It was beautiful, clean, and comfy. We had dinner at Metro before the show and the service and food was excellent as well. We honestly had no complaints. We will definitely stay here again! Thank you for such a great stay.
1 night romance trip Nov 12, 2014
"Accomidating Staff"
Great DT location, nice Bar and Restuarant attatched to it. Great size rooms but funky designs. Id stay again for sure.
3 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2014
"Best hotel in Milwaukee"
I have been staying in this hotel since it opened. It is always my first choice.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Ruth
Located within walking distance of the Third Ward and Milwaukee Art Museum. Although the size and styling of the room were pleasing, we were disappointed with several key features: 1. The thermostat did not work, and the room was drafty and cold. 2. The TV in the bedroom kept turning off or losing the cable connection unexpectedly. 3. There was a thin, cheap, indoor/outdoor style carpeting over a concrete floor. This was hard and uncomfortable, and we expected more comfortable, plush carpeting. We didn't want to take our shoes off. Another disappointment was the quality of the food in the dining room. We had dinner in the dining room, and our Walleye arrived lukewarm, with soggy breading. There was a noticeably sour aroma to the dish, and upon further inspection, we discovered the skin was left on the fish. It was the worst Walleye we had ever tasted. To top off our experience, there was a band playing on the first floor until midnight. Although we were on the 3rd floor, it sounded like the party was right next door to us. Overall, we expected much better quality from a hotel in this price range. We would not stay here again, and would not recommend it to our friends.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Very good"
It was great overall. Everyone was very helpful and pleasant. It wasn't sound proof thou - pretty noisy at night.
2 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
"Awesome staff food and drinks"
Very nice size room. But, it lacked lighting. And the tile in the bath needed cleaning. But the staff was AWESOME and the food and happy hour were all wonderful.
2 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
"Excellent!"
Perfectly adorable hotel in a terrific neighborhood, ideal for a romantic foray into the city.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
"Glorified howard Johnson's - no offense to HoJos!"
Worst hotel stay in a long time. The entire 4th floor smelled like a hospital ward - outside hallways and in the room. Move to third floor was a bit better, but not much. bad lighting, poor room design. Nothing metro about it. And I am not a city snob - I live in Durham, NC. Love MKE but will stay at the Pfister next time. Very helpful staff, it's the facility, not the people. Seriously, Howard Johnson's was a better stay, back in the day.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Experienced Traveler, not "Road Warrior"
We enjoyed the uniqueness of the retro hotel. Loved having a fireplace and hot tub. Downside was the ridiculous fee ($27) to park at the hotel.
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2014
"Close to activities and events downtown"
There was way too much noise in the hotel till the wee hours of the morning. Some kind of event going on in the hotel with loud music playing all night!!!!!
1 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
"great for my many relatives who came for wedding"
The staff was friendly and pro-actively helpful with doors, bags, cart, service etc. The front desk was courteous and explained well. One of our group was disappointed on not getting the room with TWO beds. She had previously confirmed this. One person, therefore had a roll out bed. We were also disappointed that the rooftop bar was closed due to a private party. Planned on using it.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Central downtown location"
Very good hotel--excellent staff, well maintained, very clean, very quiet. Four issues: 1) no microwave oven in room 2) stingy on coffee/cream for coffee maker 3) long time for hot water (4 or 5 minutes)--could be room related 4) automated climate control shuts down the AC if no movement in detected in room after several hours --middle of the night room could start getting hot--have to get up and move hand in front of the climate controller for AC to start--very irritating
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Room was comfy, big and conveniently located. Staff was really friendly. There was a wedding using the rooftop area so was unable to use. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay. Bed and pillows were very nice. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Loved the metro. If you are into Art Deco Hotels, then is a must to be added to your list.
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2014
Brad
I liked the room very much, except view was of alley and noisy there were not any drapes to block out the light they only were partial. terrace on the roof was nice . the bar was excellent. extra's in the room were very pricey did not even have a one free bottle of water cost 4.00. my 2 bed room was cost more then others not sure why? there was not a couch in the room just 2 dirty chairs..
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
ann
"Nice hotel downtown and close to summerfest."
It was a pleasant experience. Close to summerfest grounds and downtown shopping and museums. The staff was awesome.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
We have stayed at the Metro every time we have gone to Milwaukee. It is always consistently clean and our room is always available.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Convenient location in Downtown Milwaukee"
Great location in downtown Milwaukee, very convenient. The staff was great and super accommodating. Valet is a little pricey, but you get in and out privileges which other hotels in the area don't offer. Plenty of close self parking lots that are much cheaper. Our room was large and mostly clean. The finishes were nowhere near high end. Our bathroom was large, but the toilet was in a very awkward position. The floors and vents were not exactly pristine, but the vanity appeared to be clean. Both sets of curtains were stained and broken in our room which made for a very early wakeup call! Street noise was minimal other than several garbage trucks at 6:00 AM. The queen bed was comfortable enough, but definitely needs to be replaced. Our room felt damp no matter what we set the thermostat at. The art deco decor in the lobby and throughout the hotel were very neat. The art deco theme was not continued throughout the rooms. Ours seemed to be a mishmash of styles and decor. We stayed on a Sunday and they offered several dining options within the hotel. The mini bar was crazy expensive, as most usually are. They provide an ice machine, but no pop (soda) machine. I suggest you pick up a 6-pack at the grocery store, as it will cost you the same as one small bottle of Coke! The Keurig coffee machine was easy to use and the Donut House coffee was delicious in the morning. I would stay here again, but there are nicer hotels in Milwaukee for not much more money. Overall, an enjoyable stay.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014