All hotels in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
411 E Mason St, Milwaukee, WI, 53202, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"A place to rest"
Just wanted a place to rest after driving and sightseeing. Visited the art museum (!!!) the next day. Staff was very friendly and overall facility was nice but I made the mistake of ordering room service and the food was terrible. I ordered ribs and they were tough and dried out. I wish I had ventured into the city for a meal.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
b
Service was awesome. Place was a little on the pricey side for what we got. The rooms really need to be painted. We got a kind suite for our anniversary.. the bathroom was really nice, but the rest of the suite seemed to be laid out awkwardly and the paint on the walls and ceiling is all chipped and marked up... something simple for the hotel to do that would make a huge difference.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Enjoyed the area it was located in. Hotel itself ,historic. Loved the deco and size of the suite.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Pat
"Great hotel and fabulous location!"
Hotel metro was not only a fun hotel, but it was in a great location if you are looking to have a good time. Our room was clean as a whistle and the front desk workers gave us great recommendations of where to go. Valet guys were prompt and also gave great suggestions of what to do in the area. I feel like we got awesome bang for our buck for a fun night out in Milwaukee.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Great Hotel downtown Milwaukee."
We loved the layout of our room. It is quiet in the rooms even though the bar is very busy and there was an event going on in the ball room. Breakfast was nice and relaxing as we were outside and the food was pretty good. Hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating. We did experience some A/C malfunction during both nights and it got a bit warm. But besides that it was a very pleasant experience.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
rtinoc
"Would not stay here again."
The bathroom was not acceptable. Fixtures were old and cumbersome. No one at front desk when I checked out Sunday morning. The bar tender in the bar area gave wrong change from a fifty dollar bill for two drinks. The bar area was run down and in a dire need of a face lift. My room was very dark and there was no one available to help with luggage to my room (golf clubs, etc.)
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2014
Hans
"Hotel could use a course in "Hospitality"..."
A very rude employee interrupted a business meeting I was having in the lobby and I tried to find resolution with manager, I ended up getting a template "sorry card" shoved into the crack in the door. I was hoping for a simple kind gesture, maybe a piece "chocolate" to ease the situation and there was little to no effort to solve. The lamp in room did not work and actually was missing a light bulb. I got back from dinner and found that my entire floor smelled like pot. Sooooo, I am guessing the business traveler is not on their wish list. Epic fail.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
MM
"King suite room"
We reserved a king room with fireplace and instead were placed in a king room with a conference table! How romantic is that?!? Plus, the room was hot; opened the junky window facing the parking structure and smelly and noisy on that end. The front desk made a hot mess of the reservations I made for two total king suites, and a queen. They couldn't figure that out and we spent way too much time checking in and the rooms weren't ready. The valets were awesome! The hotel is cool, but maintenance isn't great; things look worn and old. The Zen 7 was never open; due to parties (which were finished 11:59) and then it closed 12 midnight. You market this lovely area, yet it's never open on weekends even?
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Rini
"Nice hotel close to Summerfest grounds."
We come here twice each year to stay while we participate in the Rock n Sole Marathon and attend Summerfest. It's a short walk to these events so we don't have to deal with parking.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Sue
The room I was assigned ineeds an overhaul/improvement 9room 400). I had previously styed a few years ago and the room I had then was so much nicer. Zen garden is wonderful!
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2014
Jo
"Can't wait to stay here again!"
So happy I chose to stay here for Summerfest! It was a great location, everyone that worked there was really friendly and helpful, and the room was really nice. Will definitely stay here my next trip to Milwaukee!
1 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2014
NH
"Great Fun in Downtwon Milwaukee"
Hotel Metro was a great place to stay. Cool. Fun. Close to everything downtown. 10 minute walk to lakefront. Great restaurant downstairs.
2 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Bonedoc79
"What a gem!"
The layout, the staff, everything here is amazing. Its really cool to see the city of Milwaukee take an old building and do something really creative with it. A must-see!
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Tim Lydon
"Summerfest"
Very nice hotel. Great for couples. The size of the rooms were very nice, the old time atmosphere was pleasant.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Great location and very spacious accommodations"
We only spent one night at Hotel Metro while visiting Milwaukee to attend Summerfest. It's conveniently located for so many Milwaukee attractions. Our stay was too short to utilize many of the hotel services. Everyone was extremely friendly and willing to go out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay. We would definitely stay at Hotel Metro again. We have stayed in other hotels near that location and find Hotel Metro's rooms more spacious and accommodating than the others.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
Rita
"Huge room, great location"
The room was enormous for a downtown hotel. It's only a few blocks from the art museum and lakefront attractions. The staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Really nice hotel, but rooms are looking a bit worn! Zen, top floor deck, is a great addition!
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Building maintenance"
The room was spacious and the bathroom and bed was neat and clean. I was disappointed that the ceilng had what appeared to be water damage that was not repaired and the mini-bar area had a worn hole in the counter. The window sheer also had holes/tears. One of the pricier hotels in the area, would only stay here again if the room was discounted.
1 night romance trip Jun 17, 2014
"Old world charm with modern facilities"
This hotel is close to everything, as is most of Milwaukee, without that hotel chain feel. The staff was the friendly and helpful. The room clean and all the amenities were top notch. They even have a taxi on the weekends for free after 5 pm. Food in the restaurant was excellent at a decent price.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Great first experience"
Clean quiet unique stylish friendly convenient location
1 night business trip Jun 13, 2014
"Girls night out gone bad"
This has been a place for my friends and me to get away for one night and walk around the downtown. We have never had any problems. However, we booked via hotels.com for the first time requesting a room for 4 adults. We were given a room for 2 adults (no pull out). I talked to the Saturday night (5/31/14) front desk man for options and he said he could provide a roll away and some pillows and blankets. Of course, that was fine. I checked later and there was no roll away in the room. I again asked the same front desk man and he said he didn't ever offer me this and that I had no other options but to sleep on the hotel room floor. This experience unfortunately tarnished my opinion of this hotel as the front desk man was very rude and unhelpful. My friends and I will choose to spend our money elsewhere.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
"Always great service"
Wonderful property, staff and location!
1 night trip Jun 9, 2014
"Style"
This hotel has a great style, convenient location, and very pleasant staff. We hope to stay here again.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
FKH
"Nice hotel close to Pabst Theater"
We had a nice stay at Metro Hotel when we attended a concert at the Pabst Theater....staff is extremely helpful and nice...beds were comfortable, bathroom was wonderful with a great tub, nice bathrobes in the rooms, and beds were very comfortable in the European style
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
"Large Room with a Funky Layout"
Our room was large and definitely had an interesting layout. Hotel could use some updating, but it was fine overall. Our favorite part were the complementary bikes that we used to go to the Miller Brewery. Least favorite part was the unpleasant lady at the front desk. But we walked everywhere from the location: art museum, lakefront, and 3rd ward are all very accessible by foot.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Nice downtown houtel"
Convenient downtown location, spacious room with a very comfortable bed and luxury bath (soaking tub, spa type shower, Aveda bath products). The room was the size of a studio apartment, with a separate sofa "lounge" area separated from the bedroom area by a loft style wall. This was a nice hotel, but there wasn't anything particularly special about the decor, and it didn't seem "art deco historic" - our room was a very 1980s turquoise and pink. Easy street parking (you don't have to pay the meter on weekends), or there are plentiful nearby lots and garages with cheap overnight rates.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"Big price nothing special"
Hotel was nothing at all special and the second worst view I have ever had, second to the time I had window facing brick wall. I would not have been so mad but I was across from parking garage with 24 hour lighting and room did not have blackout curtains!!! No sleep if you like it dark. Book elsewhere.
2 night trip with friends May 24, 2014
Andrea
We had the best time at Hotel Metro! Everyone we met was extremely friendly and had great recommendations. We wish the rooftop bar was open, it so cute up there. We will be back and wish them a success up there and hope they keep it open everyday as there was mention of only Sun-Mon. Hot tub was very relaxing on the rooftop, indoors. Make sure to stop in at the bar and restaurant on the main floor. Bartenders Chris and Joe were great! We enjoyed their company and wound up having dinner at the bar. Amazing food recommendations (fish taco's, prime rib, Chilean sea, bass and the ever so popular WI beer-mosa) oh yea and Almond cake too! Perfect location to walk to the lake, river, and third ward...
2 night romance trip May 24, 2014
Weekend travelers
"Somewhat Central Location"
This hotel is within walking distance of pretty much every kind of cuisine one might desire. I enjoyed most of them. I was feeling particularly lazy one morning so I ordered breakfast from the restaurant, following the room instructions to have it waiting for me in the lobby when I was ready to leave. I was a little disappointed in the double gratuity charge on my overpriced breakfast burrito and oj, but they were both delicious. The hotel staff was nice and the room was clean. The facilities (workout room/jacuzzi) were also pretty well kept. Definitely worth the price overall.
5 night business trip May 18, 2014
Dom
We loved it. It is nice to go to an independent hotel. Great feel to it. Jessie at the door was wonderful. The meal was pretty good. The style of the room was excellent. I will rec this hotel big time. Thanks.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Concierge Service Not So Good"
The location is very convenient, close to Art Museums. However the Concierge was not so knowledgeable about Museums or Restaurants nearby. When we asked if the Art Museum was open on Monday, she said YES, then we discovered it's door closed on Monday! She/he should know those basic information. Also, the room (beds and bathroom) was not cleaned for some reason....quite disappointment!
2 night trip May 18, 2014
TSUNAMI
"Perfect Location"
Great hotel. Friendly staff, beautiful big room. Great location. Valets awesome.
2 night trip May 16, 2014
Jan
The staff at this hotel was one of the standout qualities of our stay. They were all so pleasant and helpful. The room was surprisingly big and comfortable. The shower left a bit to be desired, but it worked and got the job done. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable, well positioned place to stay in the city.
1 night trip with friends May 12, 2014
Sue
"ok hotel"
Pros: nice location, good rooftop view and exercise room, kind of a cool room with separate sitting room. Cons: mildew in shower, $4.99 historic preservation fee (just tell me in advance!), noisy HVAC, noisy alleyway. Don't pay the $27/night parking - there is a public lot a block away that is half that price.
4 night trip May 9, 2014
"Clean and comfortable"
I spent just one night on business. Things went efficiently
1 night business trip May 11, 2014
"Close to bars and restaurants"
Hotel room is really big and nice. Bar manager was really nice. food at restaurant bar was good.
1 night romance trip May 10, 2014
"Ruff around the edges"
Room had Plexiglas screwed over all the windows, lots of visible dead insects between. Someone's pajamas were behind the bed. floor boards looked rough and bed was extremely soft. We sunk into the middle.
Other trip May 13, 2014
Clamout
"Amazing hotel!"
We stayed at the hotel metro when we were in town for a concert. The entire experience was luxurious. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and the building itself is gorgeous. The zen room on the top floor was extremely relaxing. Would definitely stay there again...in fact, I can't wait!
Other trip May 10, 2014
jess
"Loved our Suite!"
We had a wonderful time at Hotel Metro... staff and hotel were superb!
Other trip May 5, 2014
jennifer
"Bring your own wood and movies! :)"
Fireplace didn't work, we were moved to another room and could not order pay preview movies. Ordered room service and they did not include the ice water I requested. Nice place but needs so fine tuning.
Other trip Apr 30, 2014
"Worked great for me"
No issue upon arrival at hotel to switch from King Spa suite to a double Spa suite. Room is unique in layout, curved wall, living area / bar, then behind the wall was the sleeping area. Bathroom was spacious, ample room in the double tub, sliding height hand-held shower, make-up light, mirror, & timed heat lamp. Salt-water spa on Zen-7 was nice, but the massage waterfall was not strong enough to really "massage" you. Lift available to get to the Zen-spa. Our neighbors were enjoying themselves a little more loudly than we were prepared to tolerate, especially since the walls do seem thin. Rather than trying to quiet them down, we called and asked to be moved. It was done expeditiously without question, and apologies from the valet who brought our new room keys. Our new room was equal in size/layout, and we enjoyed our evening without further ado. Morning breakfast was delicious in the restaurant - GREAT service, and timely, too. We used the valet overnight parking and our car was ready for us as soon as we asked for it. Overall, a GREAT stay. Negatives: 1st room refrigerator didn't work very well, but we didn't ask for a change. No great views here - parking structures and lots of noisy trucks in the morning. Positives: Great staff, clean rooms, retro decor, comfortable beds with plenty of pillows, free wifi, refrigerators in-room, list of restaurants that delivered (which we used!). I would def. stay here again!
1 night trip Apr 21, 2014
"Just not another down town hotel"
The reality is that you will often pay more for hotels in the downtown area in most cities. However, I have to give Hotel Metro credit for being a nice place and worthy of it's price in spite of that fact. The rooms here have a unique class and style with a modern and hip décor, you are getting more here than just the location. Excellent fire place and hot tub in room. Located close to down town, the lower east side and the third ward. Lots of restaurants and bars with in walking distance or a short drive. Staff very professional and friendly.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Charmedlife
Very nice change from the common chain hotels - loved the deep tub! Ecclectic décor was great. Everything was very nice and peaceful too!
2 night business trip Apr 2, 2014
V. Fox
"Cool Hotel, A Few Reservations"
This hotel is ideally situated a few blocks from restaurants, bars, shopping, and the riverwalk. The staff were low key and helpful. The decor was very retro (30's) and cool. There were some downsides. Parking was only available at adjacent properties for $25 a night. We had to pay a $4.99 Historic Preservation Fee that was charged in addition to the Hotels dot com charge. The minibar was outrageously expensive. We didn't take anything from the minibar but they charged us for a wine key. A quick call to the hotel the next day saw them remove the charge without question. One of the reasons we booked the room was that the listing and pictures offered a suite layout with a separate work area. Unfortunately the work area was part of the bedroom and by "separate" it really only had a partial wall that didn't go to the ceiling and didn't have a door. Fast and reliable internet.
1 night business trip Apr 1, 2014
Troy
"Even better than I had hoped for!"
We loved every minute of our stay at the Hotel Metro! The staff was so friendly and helpful. Our suite was beautiful and we had no trouble with the heat or noise that other reviewers had. We will definitely go back and recommend this hotel to everyone!
1 night trip with friends Mar 29, 2014
"It is an older hotel, but it was very clean."
We had a hot tub suite and it was very nice. The hotel is older, but seems well maintained. The rooftop spa was small but very well done.
Other trip Mar 26, 2014
"Staff was amazing. Very hospitable."
Would stay here again.Excellent restaurant too Beaqutiful and comfortable classy suite. Love tv's in both rooms!
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"great hotel"
Great service in a classic hotel. Restaurant was fantastic, a destination itself. Desk help amazingly helpful and courteous. Highest recommendations.
3 night trip Mar 18, 2014
"Excellent location - great staff"
Everything was very good at this hotel. The valet parking was very reasonable and free internet is always a plus. Check in was a breeze and the front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful with information. The bar/restaurant was very nice as was the bartender. He is a Bears fan and I am Viking fan so it was nice to rip on the Packers - in Wisconsin. Although the Pack just signed Julius Peppers. The room was very nice and clean. The only weird thing was this clanking that started in the morning. Almost like hot water pipes expanding in an old building. Overall a good stay and would stay again.
1 night romance trip Mar 15, 2014
Reid
"Girlfriend Getaway"
We had a wonderful time and the staff was was very friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful and we loved using the fireplace on a cold winter night.
1 night trip with friends Mar 2, 2014