All hotels in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America

Bar is awesome
    Rather comfortable
    Room is all right
    Quite clean
"A lovely stay in a historic boutique hotel"
Hotel Metro is an art deco boutique hotel ideally located for just about anything one would want to do in downtown Milwaukee. The room was huge (500+sq.ft.) and beautifully divided by a curved wooden wall 3/4 the way to the high ceiling, separating the sitting area from the bed room. The bed was comfortable, and the room very clean and quiet. The bathroom was chic and had a huge soaking tub as well as a shower. Wonderful spa-type bathrobe and slippers, one TV in the sitting area, another in the bedroom. The location is perfect--an easy walk to the theater complex at Wells and Water--but not on Wells or Wisconsin which are noisy. I had a theater ticket the first night and the next day hit a couple of museums that had shows closing I'd been meaning to see. Excellent eating and night life options on Water St 2 blocks away. I used the hotel's restaurant for breakfast each day, hearty brunch fare. Good food, well-priced for the area. Its bar has a wonderful happy hour weekends. There are the usual free wifi, newspapers, spa and garage. I had a lovely "staycation" in my home town without dealing with parking my car all the places I wanted to go. I will probably do this again next fall. The only quibble: the closet would be small for two people for a longer stay.
2 night trip Dec 30, 2014
Kathleen
"A- hotel amazing. Hot pants bartender not"
Service was wonderful! Jessie Casey Jasmine even the sheets lady was sweet. My ONLY concern was the bartender at the lounge sat night was more concerned with sealing a booty call than helping me with a drink. i did finally get a drink after he was waved over for the tenth time. i dont think he knew i was guest. But either way i was a patron. Be aware of the money coming in. Not getting ur jollies. Overall amazing room. Great people. Really kind. Thank you. I will be back.
1 night trip Jan 17, 2015
Mindy
"Anniversary Getaway"
We went to the Hotel Metro for our 17th wedding anniversary. The staff, room, and the "Just for Two Us" package was outstanding. The hotel was centrally located for an overnight getaway and a meal at the Carnivore Restaurant (also the best meal I/we have ever had). I would stay at the Hotel Metro again and I would recommend it to anyone.
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Joel
"Lovely and will stay again"
The staff were fantastic! The room adorable. The location perfect. The food fabulous. I will go there again and I will recommend it. BUT if you have the least bit of trouble climbing in and out of oversized tubs, the lack of any grab bars in the tub and shower area are a problem. Next time I will ask for handicap accessible even though I am generally spry.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Helen
"Amazing!!!!"
I had the fireplace and jetted tub room, it was very very nice, the only thing I think they need to add is microwave in room. Other wise my stay was wonderful, thank you Hotels. com and Mostly Hotel Metro, I will tell everyone how beautiful your hotel is!!!!!!
1 night trip Jan 4, 2015
Judy
Gas fireplace was great. The in room Spa was good until we tried to empty it. The drain would not open. The room furnace was warm enough but the fan was loud and obnoxious.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"Great Downtown location"
I really enjoyed this hotel and was perfect for our girls getaway on new years eve. The two bedroom suite I originally booked had some issues and the hotel staff handle the situation well and upgraded my stay with two joining king suites which were really nice I had great downtown views and the suite was really nice. Since we stayed on new years eve, there were many parties and many people outside but the room had sound proof windows so the noise level wasn't a problem. One minor issue I had was the knocking noise from the heaters but other than that the stay was amazing. I would definitely come back again!
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
Taquanda
It was a very good location for our weekend. The free London taxi was a wonderful surprise and the staff did a great job.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Loved our stay at Hotel Metro!"
Hotel Metro feels a little older but very well maintained and clean. We stayed in the King Jacuzzi Suite and the tub was awesome, bed was very comfortable. The location is perfect so we would definitely stay there again. It's next door to the Pfister hotel so we did walk next door to go to their penthouse bar which was beautiful. My only critique would be that there are not blackout shades so it's super bright in the morning. Not a big enough deal for me to lower the score but if I spent a late night out I may not have been too happy :) Overall great experience.
2 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Megan
"Nice weekend"
We had a jacuzzi suite, this is a boutique hotel, it is in the business area of downtown a little ways from the historic district and the mall. Everything in that area is closed including restaurants. The room itself was large and the bed is extremely comfortable. There were large cobwebs on the ceiling and the carpet edges were peeling off. The room could use more cleaning and I am not a neat freak. Nice toiletries and tub. The hotel itself could use a facelift. Valet parking is the only option and it is an expensive one at $27/ night. Steep for Milwaukee, I better be in Chicago or New York if I'll be paying that much for parking.
2 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Art deco hotel in downtown"
Excellent hotel with historic charm. We stayed in the spa room, which featured a wonderful soaker tub in the middle of the room. The room was also extremely spacious, even with getting a smaller sized one. The staff was extremely helpful and the attached restaurant was very tasty.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
Aaron
"Awesome hotel in Downtown Milwaukee"
This is a great hotel in downtown Milwaukee. They have a wonderful restaurant and bar that serves excellent food and drinks. The rooms are amazing. Very large and spacious with a great work space and bathroom. They also have a spa with a hot tub and dry sauna. The fitness center is a little small. Will definitely stay here again.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
Darlene
"Great place for a romantic getaway"
The perfect place for a short getaway to celebrate a birthday. Room was clean and comfortable. We loved it.
1 night romance trip Dec 1, 2014
"Metro"
We stayed there to celebrate my husbands 60th birthday
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Kristine
"Awesome!"
My husband and I booked a night for our 3 year anniversary. We had tickets to see the Lion King and decided to make a night of it. We loved our stay. The staff was attentive and went out of their way to make us comfortable. The room was amazing. We had a fire place suite and found it more than adequate. It was beautiful, clean, and comfy. We had dinner at Metro before the show and the service and food was excellent as well. We honestly had no complaints. We will definitely stay here again! Thank you for such a great stay.
1 night romance trip Nov 12, 2014
"Accomidating Staff"
Great DT location, nice Bar and Restuarant attatched to it. Great size rooms but funky designs. Id stay again for sure.
3 night trip with friends Oct 24, 2014
"Best hotel in Milwaukee"
I have been staying in this hotel since it opened. It is always my first choice.
Other trip Oct 26, 2014
Ruth
Located within walking distance of the Third Ward and Milwaukee Art Museum. Although the size and styling of the room were pleasing, we were disappointed with several key features: 1. The thermostat did not work, and the room was drafty and cold. 2. The TV in the bedroom kept turning off or losing the cable connection unexpectedly. 3. There was a thin, cheap, indoor/outdoor style carpeting over a concrete floor. This was hard and uncomfortable, and we expected more comfortable, plush carpeting. We didn't want to take our shoes off. Another disappointment was the quality of the food in the dining room. We had dinner in the dining room, and our Walleye arrived lukewarm, with soggy breading. There was a noticeably sour aroma to the dish, and upon further inspection, we discovered the skin was left on the fish. It was the worst Walleye we had ever tasted. To top off our experience, there was a band playing on the first floor until midnight. Although we were on the 3rd floor, it sounded like the party was right next door to us. Overall, we expected much better quality from a hotel in this price range. We would not stay here again, and would not recommend it to our friends.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"Very good"
It was great overall. Everyone was very helpful and pleasant. It wasn't sound proof thou - pretty noisy at night.
2 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
"Awesome staff food and drinks"
Very nice size room. But, it lacked lighting. And the tile in the bath needed cleaning. But the staff was AWESOME and the food and happy hour were all wonderful.
2 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
"Excellent!"
Perfectly adorable hotel in a terrific neighborhood, ideal for a romantic foray into the city.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
"Glorified howard Johnson's - no offense to HoJos!"
Worst hotel stay in a long time. The entire 4th floor smelled like a hospital ward - outside hallways and in the room. Move to third floor was a bit better, but not much. bad lighting, poor room design. Nothing metro about it. And I am not a city snob - I live in Durham, NC. Love MKE but will stay at the Pfister next time. Very helpful staff, it's the facility, not the people. Seriously, Howard Johnson's was a better stay, back in the day.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Experienced Traveler, not "Road Warrior"
We enjoyed the uniqueness of the retro hotel. Loved having a fireplace and hot tub. Downside was the ridiculous fee ($27) to park at the hotel.
1 night romance trip Sep 7, 2014
"Close to activities and events downtown"
There was way too much noise in the hotel till the wee hours of the morning. Some kind of event going on in the hotel with loud music playing all night!!!!!
1 night business trip Sep 5, 2014
"great for my many relatives who came for wedding"
The staff was friendly and pro-actively helpful with doors, bags, cart, service etc. The front desk was courteous and explained well. One of our group was disappointed on not getting the room with TWO beds. She had previously confirmed this. One person, therefore had a roll out bed. We were also disappointed that the rooftop bar was closed due to a private party. Planned on using it.
2 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Central downtown location"
Very good hotel--excellent staff, well maintained, very clean, very quiet. Four issues: 1) no microwave oven in room 2) stingy on coffee/cream for coffee maker 3) long time for hot water (4 or 5 minutes)--could be room related 4) automated climate control shuts down the AC if no movement in detected in room after several hours --middle of the night room could start getting hot--have to get up and move hand in front of the climate controller for AC to start--very irritating
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Room was comfy, big and conveniently located. Staff was really friendly. There was a wedding using the rooftop area so was unable to use. Otherwise we enjoyed our stay. Bed and pillows were very nice. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Loved the metro. If you are into Art Deco Hotels, then is a must to be added to your list.
1 night business trip Aug 7, 2014
Brad
I liked the room very much, except view was of alley and noisy there were not any drapes to block out the light they only were partial. terrace on the roof was nice . the bar was excellent. extra's in the room were very pricey did not even have a one free bottle of water cost 4.00. my 2 bed room was cost more then others not sure why? there was not a couch in the room just 2 dirty chairs..
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
ann
"Nice hotel downtown and close to summerfest."
It was a pleasant experience. Close to summerfest grounds and downtown shopping and museums. The staff was awesome.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
We have stayed at the Metro every time we have gone to Milwaukee. It is always consistently clean and our room is always available.
Other trip Aug 3, 2014
"Convenient location in Downtown Milwaukee"
Great location in downtown Milwaukee, very convenient. The staff was great and super accommodating. Valet is a little pricey, but you get in and out privileges which other hotels in the area don't offer. Plenty of close self parking lots that are much cheaper. Our room was large and mostly clean. The finishes were nowhere near high end. Our bathroom was large, but the toilet was in a very awkward position. The floors and vents were not exactly pristine, but the vanity appeared to be clean. Both sets of curtains were stained and broken in our room which made for a very early wakeup call! Street noise was minimal other than several garbage trucks at 6:00 AM. The queen bed was comfortable enough, but definitely needs to be replaced. Our room felt damp no matter what we set the thermostat at. The art deco decor in the lobby and throughout the hotel were very neat. The art deco theme was not continued throughout the rooms. Ours seemed to be a mishmash of styles and decor. We stayed on a Sunday and they offered several dining options within the hotel. The mini bar was crazy expensive, as most usually are. They provide an ice machine, but no pop (soda) machine. I suggest you pick up a 6-pack at the grocery store, as it will cost you the same as one small bottle of Coke! The Keurig coffee machine was easy to use and the Donut House coffee was delicious in the morning. I would stay here again, but there are nicer hotels in Milwaukee for not much more money. Overall, an enjoyable stay.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
RL
"A place to rest"
Just wanted a place to rest after driving and sightseeing. Visited the art museum (!!!) the next day. Staff was very friendly and overall facility was nice but I made the mistake of ordering room service and the food was terrible. I ordered ribs and they were tough and dried out. I wish I had ventured into the city for a meal.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
b
Service was awesome. Place was a little on the pricey side for what we got. The rooms really need to be painted. We got a kind suite for our anniversary.. the bathroom was really nice, but the rest of the suite seemed to be laid out awkwardly and the paint on the walls and ceiling is all chipped and marked up... something simple for the hotel to do that would make a huge difference.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Enjoyed the area it was located in. Hotel itself ,historic. Loved the deco and size of the suite.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Pat
"Great hotel and fabulous location!"
Hotel metro was not only a fun hotel, but it was in a great location if you are looking to have a good time. Our room was clean as a whistle and the front desk workers gave us great recommendations of where to go. Valet guys were prompt and also gave great suggestions of what to do in the area. I feel like we got awesome bang for our buck for a fun night out in Milwaukee.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Great Hotel downtown Milwaukee."
We loved the layout of our room. It is quiet in the rooms even though the bar is very busy and there was an event going on in the ball room. Breakfast was nice and relaxing as we were outside and the food was pretty good. Hotel staff was very helpful and accommodating. We did experience some A/C malfunction during both nights and it got a bit warm. But besides that it was a very pleasant experience.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
rtinoc
"Would not stay here again."
The bathroom was not acceptable. Fixtures were old and cumbersome. No one at front desk when I checked out Sunday morning. The bar tender in the bar area gave wrong change from a fifty dollar bill for two drinks. The bar area was run down and in a dire need of a face lift. My room was very dark and there was no one available to help with luggage to my room (golf clubs, etc.)
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2014
Hans
"Hotel could use a course in "Hospitality"..."
A very rude employee interrupted a business meeting I was having in the lobby and I tried to find resolution with manager, I ended up getting a template "sorry card" shoved into the crack in the door. I was hoping for a simple kind gesture, maybe a piece "chocolate" to ease the situation and there was little to no effort to solve. The lamp in room did not work and actually was missing a light bulb. I got back from dinner and found that my entire floor smelled like pot. Sooooo, I am guessing the business traveler is not on their wish list. Epic fail.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2014
MM
"King suite room"
We reserved a king room with fireplace and instead were placed in a king room with a conference table! How romantic is that?!? Plus, the room was hot; opened the junky window facing the parking structure and smelly and noisy on that end. The front desk made a hot mess of the reservations I made for two total king suites, and a queen. They couldn't figure that out and we spent way too much time checking in and the rooms weren't ready. The valets were awesome! The hotel is cool, but maintenance isn't great; things look worn and old. The Zen 7 was never open; due to parties (which were finished 11:59) and then it closed 12 midnight. You market this lovely area, yet it's never open on weekends even?
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Rini
"Nice hotel close to Summerfest grounds."
We come here twice each year to stay while we participate in the Rock n Sole Marathon and attend Summerfest. It's a short walk to these events so we don't have to deal with parking.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Sue
The room I was assigned ineeds an overhaul/improvement 9room 400). I had previously styed a few years ago and the room I had then was so much nicer. Zen garden is wonderful!
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2014
Jo
"Can't wait to stay here again!"
So happy I chose to stay here for Summerfest! It was a great location, everyone that worked there was really friendly and helpful, and the room was really nice. Will definitely stay here my next trip to Milwaukee!
1 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2014
NH
"Great Fun in Downtwon Milwaukee"
Hotel Metro was a great place to stay. Cool. Fun. Close to everything downtown. 10 minute walk to lakefront. Great restaurant downstairs.
2 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Bonedoc79
"What a gem!"
The layout, the staff, everything here is amazing. Its really cool to see the city of Milwaukee take an old building and do something really creative with it. A must-see!
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
Tim Lydon
"Summerfest"
Very nice hotel. Great for couples. The size of the rooms were very nice, the old time atmosphere was pleasant.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Great location and very spacious accommodations"
We only spent one night at Hotel Metro while visiting Milwaukee to attend Summerfest. It's conveniently located for so many Milwaukee attractions. Our stay was too short to utilize many of the hotel services. Everyone was extremely friendly and willing to go out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay. We would definitely stay at Hotel Metro again. We have stayed in other hotels near that location and find Hotel Metro's rooms more spacious and accommodating than the others.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
Rita
"Huge room, great location"
The room was enormous for a downtown hotel. It's only a few blocks from the art museum and lakefront attractions. The staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 3, 2014
Really nice hotel, but rooms are looking a bit worn! Zen, top floor deck, is a great addition!
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Building maintenance"
The room was spacious and the bathroom and bed was neat and clean. I was disappointed that the ceilng had what appeared to be water damage that was not repaired and the mini-bar area had a worn hole in the counter. The window sheer also had holes/tears. One of the pricier hotels in the area, would only stay here again if the room was discounted.
1 night romance trip Jun 17, 2014