All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
1701 James Ave, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Delicious food
    Room is not nice
    Uncomfortable
"Nice hotel close to the beach. Fabulous staff"
Had a great time. Rooms and bath small. Very comfortable bed.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Got a good price? Ok to book!"
The cadet is older and the rooms are small. BUT the hotel goes out of its way to make up for it. They have live music in lobby on weekends. It hosts an amazing restaurant. The service was outstanding and the people knew us and made sure the guests were safe and happy. The room was clean and housekeeping kept it that way despite our best efforts at making it messy. They put fresh fruit in our room at check in and cookies on our pillow at night. If you get a good price totally worth saving an arm and a leg v staying somewhere else. Not beach front but it's walking distance and you can rent chairs and towels for $15. No pool but it has a jacuzzi on its patio (didn't remember that being advertised!) Noise level was pretty good considering we were there during ultra music festival and spring break.
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
Kristin
"Great location but not a great hotel"
Pros: - Great location! Only two blocks to the beach and two blocks to Lincoln Road - Most of the staff was friendly and very helpful - The bed was very comfortable Cons: - Several of the tiles in the bathroom floor were cracked and wobbly - There is no fan or window in the bathroom, so the steam from the shower has no place to escape. It moved out into the bedroom making everything (our clothes, the bedding, etc) feel a little damp the entire stay - There is no pool, only a hottub, which closes at 6pm - One member of the staff was very rude. When we arrived, my boyfriend was wearing a NY Mets tshirt (we are from NJ), and one of the men behind the front desk proceeded to put on a fake NY accent and say silly things to his coworker. He probably didn't realize we were in earshot, because he dropped the accent as soon as we started speaking to him, but I don't think that is an appropriate way to treat your guests. Overall, the hotel was nice enough but I would not stay there again.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
Jenny
"Clean and Comfortable Hotel"
3 days of beach, shopping and eating. We parked our car when we arrived and did not use it until we were ready to leave. Everything is within walking distance of the hotel.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Hoops
"Great boutique hotel in SoBe"
I was in Miami for business and stayed two nights. This was my second stay at the hotel and I came back because of the friendly and helpful service and the location, a few mins walk from South Beach. Hotel itself is not the grandest but it's cute and the rooms are individual with character. The fresh fruit in the room and macaroons with the turn down service are a nice touch.
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
"Weird room setup"
Cadet is central to the Southbeach action, and super close to the New World Symphony. The staff is friendly and helpful. The room however was awkward: Toilet and shower are in an encased glass box in the room, with a leaky shower. MEssy! Not enough room to put 2 suitcases. Noisy at night =- not much insulation between the rooms. Very hard mattress. Won't stay there any more!
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Brigitte
"charming Art Deco hotel in good location"
All around enjoyed our stay. Staff were very helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast on patio was extremely pleasant. Fruit in room when we checked in was a nice touch. Nice lobby. Great location near beach and Art Deco district.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
"Bad Smell"
I was on Business at a convention. The room had a smell that I cant really describe. I am not sure if it is mold or something outside the room that the air conditioner was bring in. I told my wife that it was kind of like the incense that they use when you get berried smells like SH**.
2 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
Sean
"Ask for a quiet room"
Comfortable room with great service. But you must ask for a quiet room. walking distance to Lincoln road and also the big hotels (for conferences) such as Ritz, Shore club, Delano, Lowes etc. Everything I need for a comfortable business stay... without the silly charges for 'resort fee". The cadet hotel has a hot tub, but no pool. Fine with me. A negative would be no parking lot... which is fine, because I took a taxi and there is a parking lot half a block away.
3 night business trip Feb 22, 2015
Tanmeng
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Ricardo was very helpful and friendly. The rooms are nicely furnished and cozy.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
s
"Pricey, but this is South Beach"
Great location. Off-site parking with no check-in/unloading space at the hotel entrance for your vehicle. Room had A/C but no heat. Biggest disappointment was the hassle of getting ice for the room - no self-service; had to ask and wait for it to be brought to you.
3 night romance trip Feb 11, 2015
"One night in Miami"
We wanted a hotel near to Lincoln Road and we got it. The front desk staff were very helpful and accommodating. The room was clean but small. We did not use the pool and hot tub as we did not have time but it looked like an appealing area considering how close to the road the hotel is. The lobby area and breakfast outside area was really attractive and there's a small patio out front that you can sit and have a drink or coffee on. infused water was in the lobby at all times which was a nice touch.
tracey
"Small, cozy boutique hotel close to everything."
Parking is a huge problem, you have to find your own and it's 40 a night!!
"Wonderful Staff"
Convenient location, wonderful staff. Great experience!
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"the cadet bootiq hotel is in a very good location"
very good hotel very good service very good location
Other trip Jan 18, 2015
pikholz
The staff were very nice. However, the bed was very hard and the room was quite noisy.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
Very conveniently located, with service-oriented staff and well-kept -- but "cozy" -- rooms. Not luxurious; but a good value if you want a quiet location that is still very close to the action.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"Great Stay!"
The Cadet Hotel is amazing for a couple looking to get away in a romantic and exciting location. The hotel itself is 34 rooms and is one of the last privately owned hotels in South Beach. History in this hotel dates back to WWII. The staff does everything in their power to enhance the customer experience. From always cold citrus mint water to fresh macaroons on your bed after the daily cleaning, the experience is always delightful. While not offering the thrills of the larger competitors, this hotel holds its own by delivering superior customer service. The location is perfect too, just minutes from Lincoln Road and the beach. We will stay here again and again. I highly recommend those looking for a fun Miami getaway to give it a shot!
4 night romance trip Dec 18, 2014
very good location and decoration. Staff is helpful and really nice. Only issue is the noise fro; the street and some ants inside the bedroom. Some rust inside bath tube.Despite all this, I really appreciated my stay.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"South Beach economy"
Good hotel, small room and slow wifi.
2 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
Timothy
"Great Stay & Food"
Great stay. Everyone was very friendly and attentive. Also we decided to go to the restaurant in the hotel and that was just amazing. The location was centrally located to all the events we were attending which made this place even better. Will definitely come again.
2 night romance trip Nov 14, 2014
Wendy
"Very good hotel to stay in. Will stay here again"
Positives: King size bed extremely comfortable, Hotel Decor very nice, Staff very pleasant & courteous, 2 glasses of complimentary wine was very welcoming, Very quiet neighborhood, Only 2 blocks away from the beach, Close to many places to eat or shop. Lastly, the local bus, (#150), can get you to & from Miami Int'l Airport for only $2.65. The bus is only 1 block away from the hotel. Negatives: Room is small & the toilet paper holder is too close to your left arm. You can't move with it in the way
The
Very nice and convenient location to most everything. Staff are friendly and helpful.
Christian
"Absolutely highly recommended"
At the great rate I got, I was expecting a no-tell motel. Imagine my delight when the Cadet turned out to be incredibly comfortable, well-appointed, with excellent service, tons of charm, close to everything, and a great place to decompress after go-go-go South Beach days and nights. Best value ever. Love the macaroons on your pillow at turn-down. Truly one of my favorite hotels in the country. Best decision I ever made was to reserve my room here!
5 night trip Nov 12, 2014
Cori
"Nice alternative"
I was in Miami beach for a large conference, the major hotels were sold out and hence i decided to book at Cadet . I was pleasantly surprised, overall it was a nice place to stay. It has a lot of character and old school charm ( it was an old world war II air force cadet's hostel or something like that) . It is close to most happening places and they do provide beach chairs and towels even though they do not have direct beach access. The staff were very courteous. They don't have a pool but have nice open air Jacuzzi in a very beautiful courtyard. the room was clean and they supplied nice home made mini macaroons daily.I did not stay much in the room, since I was busy with my conference so I think it was a nice deal overall compared to the overpriced bug names nearby.
4 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
Friendly staff. Everyone is glad to help. Quiet place. Good location. AC units could be better.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
"great boutique horel"
I received an upgrade without asking for one. personalized service, nice touches (organic loose tea, fresh fruit s and macaroons in room) great breakfast.
2 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
Edith
"OK all in all….."
The positives…great location, clean boutique style hotel. The negatives…smallish room with bathroom extremely tiny, whereas seat can not go up and down with a full roll of toilet paper in the way. Other negative was….be careful…after booking on hotels.com, the hotel stated….Oh, this is the supersaver rate, you still need to pay hotel charges for a complimentary bottle of water, wi-fi (although stated included on hotels.com, and beach chair/towels?????? After stating the room states it comes with free wi-fi and only utilized the beach one day…we begrudgingly agreed to pay an extra $15 for one day… Was very wrong for them to do this ….
3 night romance trip Nov 1, 2014
mark
"Quiet Hotel One block from the Beach"
Booked this Hotel well in advance as the location and price were perfect for our needs. We arrived around 3:30 in the afternoon of a Friday and left EARLY Saturday morning. My wife and I enjoyed this hotel for it's location close to the beach and the general hotel condition. However, we LOVED the staff, everyone of which seemed genuinely concerned about our stay and were very friendly and helpful. Overall the staff was the best of any hotel I've ever stayed...and that's a lot of hotels.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Perfect location and excellent staff"
This was a one night get away to visit our daughter. We chose the Cadet due to the location and we were not disappointed. Most significant was when the staff noticed my husband was having difficulty with the stairs, as he has arthritis, they immediately apologized for no elevator and changed our room to a 1st floor room, as well as an upgrade to a suite. This kind of attention to guest needs was above and beyond. We did not expect more than we had paid for. Though we did not know there was no elevator, we would have made do and just taken our time on stairs. Thank you Cadet for a carefree stay, and memorable experience. I should also say that everything about the hotel was top notch and very professional as well as friendly.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Mary Ann Clayton
"Great location at a wonderful price"
Prime location, right by the beaches and clubs. Cozy (read: small) rooms, lock on the bathroom was on the *outside*, that was interesting! Reasonably priced for the location. We're nice enough to offer beach towels (but I believe your resort fee covers this). No pool, but then again the beaches more than make up for it. No fitness center either, it's a small property. Staff were really friendly and accommodating, fresh fruit on the bed upon arrival, nice touch. Safe in the closet was a bonus--we weren't really carrying any valuables but I can see how this could be useful. *Everything* is within walking distance, and it had great ratings on Expedia and TripAdvisor so I went for it. Only downside was, being a small hotel, they don't have access to many clubs. I asked at the front desk if they had any VIP passes to any of the nearby best clubs in the city, but I was given cards of some no-name joint, so I had to wing it on my own--big mistake. 4/5 Would definitely recommend/stay here again.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Rohan
Great location, very friendly staff , close to the beach , good place to stay.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Details Count -- Better than 5 Stars!!"
For a quick getaway, this was the perfect location. The staff are friendly, our room was impeccable, and they really make you feel like you're the only one there. You are greeted in the room with a personal note & healthy surprise. Then just in time, your are greeted with another "you are special" and proactive offer to get ice for your room. The area is soooo convenient to everywhere! We were happy even when we walked in the drizzle.
1 night trip with friends Sep 21, 2014
We'll Be Back
"Delightfully elegant yet casual"
Very lovely little place conveniently located to the convention center, the Fillmore, Lincoln Road shops, and the beach. Felt like I was staying in an actual bedroom instead of a hotel. Comfortable bed (almost too comfortable), good shower, very personable staff.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"No parking and it had a lot of ants"
Didn't like the hotel bed was cozy. Bathroom was to small and room had a lot of ants. The room didn't get cleaned till after 4 which was a problem
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
mr NJ
"Beautiful hotel, conveniently located"
We had a wonderful experience at Cadet Hotel. We stayed for 4 nights and loved the proximity of the hotel to the beach and other attractions. We stayed in a cozy queen room which was indeed cozy. The nice little touches such as the welcome fruit/chocolate and treats after turndown service were great. We loved the spa area/jacuzzi. Overall we had a wonderful experience and would come back if we were in Miami again...
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Dani
"Good Boutique Hotel, Friendly Staff"
Overall, I enjoyed my stay here. The room was charming and there were some nice little touches, such as little notes, complimentary champagne, and little "cookies" (I forget the real name) when you get maid service. For what this hotel is - a small boutique hotel a block or 2 from the beach - it rocked. The staff were eager to please, and I found the room accommodations generally pleasant. With that said, it is a rather old building and, as such, had its share of minor annoyances: plumbing was loud (i.e., every time I turned on the hot water in the bathroom, I heard a tremendous screech. Perhaps some WD-40?) In addition, I could hear other people's next door conversations while in my bathroom. I had read some reviews where people complained of the loud a/c. This proved to be true, at least for the first 2 days (maybe I just got used to it. lol). When I turned on the a/c, it sounded like a helicopter was hovering nearby. But, again, the hotel has its charm. If you're looking for all the accommodations of a big, luxury hotel, The Cadet may not be for you.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
"Nice quite hotel with no pool"
The hotel is very quite and romantic. It was exactly what my boyfriend and I were looking for. The staff were amazing!! The only down side is the "pool" is a jacuzzi.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Perfect romantic getaway"
Took my husband here for my birthday. Felt like we had the whole place to ourselves for a week. Pool in the back.. perfect everyday (including rainy days). And Dimitry makes a great cocktail.
Mikki
"Great Hotel!"
This hotel is a great choice for travelers who want to be close to the beach and Lincoln Road, but don't want to pay absurd prices to be right on the beach or be on Ocean drive with all the crazy nightlife. No parking but there is a huge parking garage you can use one block away. The service is GREAT - friendly staff and I had water, macaroons, and fresh fruit waiting for me when I got to my room - really nice touches! The rooms are pretty nice and spacious for Miami Beach. I definitely will stay here again next time I come to Miami!
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Good location, cute hotel, but inconsistent."
A charming little hotel located near the Convention Center. The hotel has no parking or valet. There is a lot a half block away with in/out privileges. Upon walking into the deco inspired lobby there is a musty odor. Fortunately that doesn't continue up to the second floor where my room was. During my two night stay there was a lot of work being done close by, but also pounding from within the hotel. The cleanliness of the room was inconsistent - while at first glance it appeared clean and tidy, I quickly realized that appearances were deceiving. There was a good layer of dust on things like the sconces, the top of some books, the headboard and some framed photos. Some of the finishes we less than well kept while others seemed quite high end. There were some nice touches, a welcome cup of fresh fruit, an assortment of lovely loose tea and tiny macaroons on my bedside table the second night. By far, the thing that most influenced my feelings about this hotel though, was the fact that I could not control the temperature in my room. The wall unit did not come with a thermostat that I could control. After getting a restless warm night of sleep the first night I called down the next day to ask about adjusting it and an attendant had to come to my room to change it with a remote control, but it never really got cool, only moderately more tolerable.
2 night business trip Jun 16, 2014
Kellie P
"Small rooms"
Overall I cannot give the Cadet a bad review: the room was clean, the service was great, and it provided everything it said it would. However, there were a few things that made me wish I had looked at little harder at the room I was booking. We booked the Cozy King room and let me tell you that cozy is another word for small. We tripped over each other trying to move around the room. We also stayed in summer and it's hot in Miami during summer. Don't expect to enjoy the outdoor areas of the Cadet because the terrace is devoid of breeze and although it is beautiful, it could use some fans. The pool/spa is a hot tub and again, although beautiful, we were wishing it was a nice refreshing pool. If you're looking for a place that's close to everything, clean, quiet and reasonably priced, this is your place. If you want a balcony, an ocean view or a spacious room, you may want to look elsewhere.
3 night romance trip May 27, 2014
Christine
"Comfy Stay"
We were on our honeymoon and were very surprised at the hotel we choose to stay at. It was different from the more common and commercial hotels that we know. We loved how it felt like we were in someone's home and in the guest room. It was peaceful and comfortable. The hotel managers were very polite and helpful about what to do around Miami Beach. The location was perfect. It was only one block away from the beach and two small blocks from the mall shopping area. My only one concern I had was with housekeeping. Sometimes we were late out of the bed (honeymooners) and housekeeping would knock at the door to find that we were still in bed. Housekeeping made us give them a time of when we would be out of the room. And when we did leave for a few hours when we came back the room was still untidy. I did have to ask for fresh towels at that point. Eventually, housekeeping did comeback that day to clean the room. This continued for a few days. Overall, If we ever go back to Miami Beach we would stay there.
3 night romance trip May 30, 2014
Tiffany Folkes
"Nice, a little expensive, very good staff"
The staff was excellent and made the stay. The room was as advertised, but the bathroom was a little small. The hotel was nice and conveniently located for us. The bar, breakfast and restaurant were all a little high. I think we had 6 drinks and the bill was $85.
Other trip May 20, 2014
Matthew
"Nice hotel but staff is strict."
Hotel was very charming and caters to an international crowd. However, we were not allowed to bring a pizza back to the hotel pool for dinner one night and instead had to eat in our room. Additionally, they were very chinzy with the soap, shampoo, and toiletries. The hotel has a good location, but does not offer any amenities such as lounge chairs for the beach or continental breakfast. Other hotels in the area offer such items. Again, hotel was lovely, but there are better deals to be found.
Other trip May 20, 2014
Michele
"Bingo!"
Do not hesitate to stay here. Great location, amazing beds, great services.
2 night trip May 4, 2014
Jeff Hart
Great boutique hotel. The service was amazing. I called the hotel the morning of check-in asking about arriving early. I was informed that the hotel was full, the guests were still in my room, but that my room would be cleaned as soon as the guests checked out. The phone rang five minutes later informing me my room would be ready by 11am instead of 3pm. The bathrooms are a little small, but other than that it is a great place to stay.
1 night trip May 3, 2014
"Very nice boutique hotel"
We came for one day only, but were still able to enjoy this very nice boutique hotel.
Other trip May 2, 2014
Avner
"Very nice romantic getaway"
Great location. Wonderful customer service and first rate restaurant. Small but clean comfortable room.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
"Great location!"
Definitely going back, it was centrally located! the Parking area right across the street for $25 a day (in/out all you want) was a huge help!
2 night trip Apr 22, 2014