All hotels in Miami Beach, Florida, United States of America
1401 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL, 33139, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Best time ever in sobe"
my friend and booked this hotel last min, when we found out the San Juan Hotel had cancel our reservation. I must say this was the best thing that could had happen to us! We had such an amazing time. The staff is friendly, personable and overall welcoming Jose, Rony and Edgar were total sweethearts and made the experience more enjoyable. Ah i cant forget about sexy bartender from Venezula. She was so funny and pleasure to talk with. We are so coming back!
4 night trip with friends Oct 30, 2014
Danny
"Friendly staff"
The staff were hard working and very helpful. The room was clean but small.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Best kept secret"
Hotel revamp was completed with landing carpets fitted during my stay, so with the exception of the elevator (use the stairs) all is now looking very new. Breakfast could use some cold meats and cheeses otherwise a fab place to stay. Reception staff are outstanding, friendly, professional, warm and welcoming . Job well done all. I travelled alone and was made to feel very safe and at ease. I will be back soon for sure.
3 night trip with friends Oct 11, 2014
Denice
"Great Location and a nice staff"
We enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The location is just one block from the beach and is close to other stores and museums. It is an older hotel and the room is very ordinary. The elevator is so old and only holds three people. You renew your religion every time you use it. However, the staff goes out of their way to make your stay enjoyable.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Ron
"excellent hotel"
Can't say anything bad about my stay in this hotel except the stay was too short.
2 night trip Oct 16, 2014
charles
"Horrible service"
Room was contaminated with a chemical smell from the glue or adhesive used to put down flooring. No change when requested and there were children in rooms. Doors did not have licks on them due to broken doors. So we had to sleep in an unlocked room ! Breakfast was denied due to not having a ticket to prove I was a guest of the hotel as it had already been sent down with others in my family. Advise against using this hotel.
1 night trip Oct 14, 2014
"Not what I expected!"
The Hotel is in a great area, but the Hotel itself was a little disappointing! The room was definitely NOT as advertized, and the bed was too hard! The check-in time is a little to much, and if your paying for a full day there then you should get just that, and not a 3:00 check-in time. The Breakfast Buffet was good, with quite a few choices to have. The Hotel staff was friendly. But as a whole the Hotel is not worth the money I paid, and THAT'S THAT!!
2 night trip Oct 7, 2014
lloyd
"Location is good"
The location is super good, easy to reach the beach and mall and other bars and restuarant. But the hotel inside seems a little bit old.
1 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2014
Yu-Hsing
"Old structure,good mantainace ,very clean."
Great stay at an affordable price.I recommend it.Bed is Huge.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
Jose
"Amazing location and clean rooms."
The rooms and washroom were a bit small. But the rooms were very clean and the staff very helpful. Location wise its amazing very close to beach, and food joints.
3 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
Satyakiran AVS
"Decent stay"
Decent.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
"An interesting time."
it's surpassed my expectation. The hotel room is superb, the staff friendly.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Very pleasant stay. Upgrade needed but overall, one of the best in the area. Service was accommodating. I actual forgot valuables where the staff were happy to return. Plus in my book.
1 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2014
The hotel was very charming and in a great location however the staff wasn't to friendly
3 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Christina
"Perfect location"
Room was quite nice and the service was good. The location was close to beach, clubs, cafes and shops.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Tess
"Paid for location not for luxury"
First off, Edgar was awesome. Really nice guy and super helpful. I hope he's there next time. Nice simple room. Great location. Could use a mini fridge.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
EJ
"Not what I expected"
Paid extra for a city view. Received view of dumpster in alley on the 1st floor. was told all rooms are city views. Could not open blinds. At least the Room was clean, but needed updating for iPhone charging. Had to unplug TV to use outlet which was halfway up the wall and nowhere to put your phone. Good location. No one to help with bags.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
gail
it's good for showering and sleeping. the room was tiny...
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Tony
"good proximity to beach"
the hotel was not like the website and pictures portrayed it to be. instead it was old and outdated looking. the water in the shower constantly got burning hot and there was always someone in the lobby trying to sell timeshares to my friend everytime he saw him.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
The hotel photos online we're misleading. Disappointed overall
2 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Sally
"I was impressed"
THE STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY AND THE LOCATION WAS CONVENIENT, I WILL USE AGAIN
7 night trip Jun 16, 2014
"Great location to beach & food choices"
Hotel needs some updating. Overall, staff is friendly, great location to many restaurants & shops. I would recommend this hotel to friends and stay again in the future.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Sandy
"Never Again!!!!!!"
The pictures on the website are very deceiving, this was one of the smallest rooms i have ever stayed in, you could literally sit on the bed and open the door at the same time, as soon as you walk in the room its a bed sitting right there, you could literally trip over. This hotel should only host one bed bedrooms ,because with two beds you are fighting for space literally. The air condition went out in our room 8pm the second night i stayed there and the night desk manager was completely rude about any accomodations only to tell us why didnt we say something earlier its to late to fix, we would have to do it tomorrow, and in 90 weather in miami with a room as small as the one i grew up in as a child was not a good mix! No show from anyone in the morning to fix the AC i made a second complaint and i left out of the room for a few and when i came back they had rigged up some sort of portable AC unit through the window which gave off a funny smell throughout the room, not to mention they ran out of washclothes the enitre weekend and was giving handtowels in place of it. I don't know if the villas were a better selection to stay but the standard rooms were terrible, they bathroom was super small, old box tv in the room, just all around bad choice of hotel and never again for me, i was extremely dissapointed!
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
kev
"good area, very close to the beach, just 1 block"
very good staff, parking service very slow, shopping all around to the hotel, friendly recommanded
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
ngoc.t
The staff was very helping, friendly, and accommodating. Not much to the rooms but they were clean and we weren't in them much. Overall would recommend.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2014
"Very convenient, walk to the beach."
Small and quaint hotel, historic. Very helpful staff.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
TP
"Nice hotel near the beach"
My husband and I were three days in the hotel. We want to be relaxed and not to spend to much money. Comparing with the hotels in the area, it is less expensive. I'm worry about the car, but the valet parking was ok ($25 daily).
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Iris
Excellent location staff was very helpful and pleasant clean hotel on my next trip my family and I will book the same hotel.
bird
"Not what you expect"
Not at all as pictured on website. Very dated. Hostel type atmosphere. Small rooms, uncomfortable beds. Lots of street noise as well as very noisy guests.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"BUGS, DIRT, LIES"
When I first inspected the room, the toilet was visibly dirty and the room was not as pictured online. The manager came to show me another room for a possible exchange and the second room was worse so I didn't change but he offered to give complimentary late check out. The night bfore check out, I asked what time is late check out and was told to call in the morning because the manager didn't put any notes. When I called in the morning, I spoke with the manager who said he will call me back in ten minutes to let me know what time is late check out. He never called, I fell back to sleep waiting for his call, and he never called. When I woke, it was 11:40, he gave me 20 minutes to evacuate to avoid any further charges. He said he couldn't honor the late check out promised because there were people waiting for the rooms, so no rooms available. So I asked how much for late check out, and suddenly there was late check out available for a lot extra for three hours. He is a LIAR. Additionally, there were some black bugs in the tub that looked like small black worms. Also, when I complained about the bathroom not being cleaned upon check in, he said he'd send someone to clean it, he never did nor did he follow up. We saved very little per night staying here and it wasn't worth it!!! Don't do it, it's not worth it.
1 night trip with friends Jun 29, 2014
B
"Nice!!"
Luv it!!! Nice hotel!!! Rite by the beach!!!! Very nice hotel and clean!!!!
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Terry
We had an overall good experience and the vast majority of the staff was courteous.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
M
"Great Value Hotel"
There are basically two kinds of hotels in South Beach, ones that have been gutted and completely made brand new on the inside with the very latest in up-scale amenities, and the others are pretty much the same as when they were built in the 1930s. If you want to be pampered in luxury, then The South Beach Plaza Hotel is not for you, but if you want to enjoy South Beach, and save your money for food, shopping and entertainment, then The South Beach Hotel is a great place to stay. It is convenient to Lincoln Road, the beach and many fine restaurants. The staff is very friendly and courteous. It's really about where you want to spend your time. Do you want to hold up in a hotel room, or do you want to enjoy South Beach? I've stayed here before and would stay here again.
3 night trip Jun 16, 2014
Art Deco Fan
"Great hotel close to everything!"
Great location, less than a block from the sand! Check in and check out was a breeze. They also have awesome drink specials at the hotel bar. Hotel is a bit dated, but all in all I had a wonderful experience.
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
One minus - old antique furniture with no chair, no coffee maker, no microwave. But.... It's a very good hotel with perfect location. 1 block from the beach, a 3 blocks from the Lincoln Road mall. Very convenient. The staff are nice and friendly.Internet ,breakfast, complimentary glass of wine daily.Definitely would stay here again.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Elena
Location is beautiful but Hotel definitely needs to upgrade.
2 night trip Jun 9, 2014
BostonTraveller
It's a very good hotel with perfect location. Breakfast is fine but it is so wierd that there was no option for the AC to turn off, u have to adjust its temperature to room temperature if you feel cold.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Comfy"
Great experience, not a flashy hotel bit convenient and well kept. Great happy hour specials.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
AA-Ron
"South beach getaway"
Great location, easy beach access across the road, several dining options close by. Would stay again.
2 night trip Jun 2, 2014
Booker
"so bad service!"
Worst service I have experience. I hate this hotel.
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
tony
"Nice Staff and great location"
The staff are nice and friendly, they can speak both English and Spanish. Both standard and kings bed rooms are sometimes old. The facilities are just so so. The location is very good and suitable for person without cars.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
Great location,good wifi,very clean
2 night trip May 27, 2014
Danijel
"Good!!!"
good place, only one block from ocean drive, and the beach. good bed. good clean. good price.
Other trip May 30, 2014
Julio
"Great location."
The front desk attendants are great-always smiling. Air conditioning is high functioning. People complain too much about the breakfast and I disagree. You are in the center of South Beach--eat your muffin and go have fun!
Other trip May 26, 2014
ag
"Rooms are dated"
The great thing about this hotel is its location. And it has a bar and patio. Apart from this the rooms are dreary, outdated, and dismal. No microwave and fridge in the rooms. No wonder the price was so "reasonable"!
3 night business trip May 16, 2014
"Do not stay here"
We entered our room and immediately my jaw dropped, not because the room was nice but because it was extremely small. The "queen" sized beds were two different heights. One was actually decent and the other one creaked like it had been around for decades. We were supposed to stay for 4 nights but because of the room condition we checked out the next day. When we tried to check out the lady at the front desk was very rude about it and didn't want to help. When we asked to speak to a manager she told us we would have to wait until Monday to speak to them. I can't imagine that a place of business would not have a manager on staff at all times. After insisting we speak to a manager, she finally called her using her cellphone!! She gets the manager on the phone and starts speaking Spanish mind you I don't speak Spanish and that was very rude and unacceptable. Then she hangs up and tries to explain what her and the manager were speaking about. I was not accepting that and made her call back. This time she calls on the hotel phone & looks over at me and says "here pick that up". I get on the phone with the less than qualified "manager" and she proceeds to tell me that I have "a one tracked mind". At that moment I lost my cool. Only after I threatened to write a review and contact the BBB did they try and accommodate us. I thought the customer was always right but not in this place. After all the fuss we received half of our money back. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone
4 night trip May 16, 2014
H. Pierre
"Nice hotel in good position"
good position near the beach and with good nigt life. The room are a little hold also the wc are small and poor. Good for young people.
Other trip May 21, 2014
emanuele
"Great location but horrible hotel!"
Old horrible rooms!!
1 night trip May 16, 2014
carlton
"Great Deal"
Nice hotel, great price, awesome staff. It's the deal! Enjoy
3 night trip with friends May 4, 2014
"Convenient Location"
Everything we wanted to do was in walking distance. the service at the hotel was phenomenal.They were extremely friendly and accomodating. The valet was as well. I can't say a bad thing about the service. The hotel like most hotels in the area is dated. IT was very clean though. The hallways can get noisey at points but it wasnt horrific. There is some noise from the streets but its not constant. A few idiots who think blasting their car radios make them attractive. Its very close to all the gay bars. ;-)
1 night trip May 10, 2014