All hotels in Sanya, China
Yalong Bay Ntl Resort District, Sanya, Hainan, 572016, China, ‏‎800-491-6126

TripAdvisor reviews for Cactus Resort Sanya by Gloria

"Best value for budget"
07/04/15 Allister C
This is so far the best hotel for budget traveller. This hotel has decent rooms, nice pool, good food, and only like a few minutes walk to the beach. At night, they have entertainers that will sing while you have your BBQ. If you would like to reach the beach faster, they have free transportation. The only complain I have is that their rooms and utilities need to be improved. I especially didn't like the bathroom. But didn't really care 'coz I spent most of my time at the beach with my wife. Overall, recommended for budget travellers.
""Ideal location with a big nice swimming pool""
05/06/15 Mary L
Cactus resort I didn't expect good hotel when I selected this hotel. But hotel room, breakfast and facility were better than my expectation. And this would be the cheapest resort in Yalong bay. This hotel is very close from famous island and forest park. Staff with poor English skills and purely Chinese menu, but with clean rooms and good value for money at the location. The room was large and comfortable with very nice beach near hotel. Swimming pool was excellent and restaurant average. The beach bar (Can be Better) , which faces the ocean,can offer you comfort environment with gentle sea breeze. They also have a Spa that give you the spa massage, which can give you the feeling of home. The mini water park can give your children happy games on water, with safe and interesting equipment. I liked the The fish massage can make you feel the movement of the small fish, which offers you the different massage feeling is 30 mins for 38 RMB. The swimming bar offers you a place to rest and enjoy your swimming time. This resort offer the biggest swimming pool in Yalong Bay ,gives you perfect feeling with large area and green water. "Anyway my stay was great one"
"Pleasant surprise!"
05/06/15 Giulia T
I really didn't expect much from this hotel/resort and I was happy to realize that it was actually very good! The rooms are clean and have comfortable beds, the staff can speak decent English (compared to the other hotels in Sanya), the resort is big, green and with a nice pool. The SPA is quite good as well. They have a good private beach that isn't crowded (for China). I would just not recommend the food (at least the western). We tried the breakfast one morning and didn't like it. The restaurant was also not good. I would recommend to eat outside the resort.
"Good quality stay"
01/05/15 kapitanchina Singapore, Singapore
We enjoyed a lovely 2-night stay on New Year day and the next day. Surprisingly it was not crowded. The bedroom was clean. We liked the huge bed they provided. We found the hotel staff to be very helpful, especially in helping us to negotiate a good price for taxi to go to various locations of interest. We did not eat at the hotel as there were many eating places (within walking distance of 500m) down the road at La Floriet.
"Teacupful and Exotic near Beach"
11/23/14 Muhammad Khalid M Glasgow, United Kingdom
Wao what a wonderful stay, back in 2005, as couple. spent 4 days, enjoyed themed swim pool, near white sand beach, dedicated area for hotel guest. In Jan temp was 28C, lovely... sun. Rooms were average, certainly selected the cheapest one from Elong, so got what we paid. Noisy nights. Food in buffet was awesome. Had a coach service for city. enjoyed our trip.
"A few steps away from being the 5 star resort it aspires to be."
08/05/14 Segoviano81 Bristol, United Kingdom
There are many reasons why this hotel is excellent and why me and my wife had such a great stay. The swimming pool is a massive highlight with its opening hours and cleanliness and bar. Next you have the golf cart to the beach which is great too. The location is also amazing, being tucked into a corner of Yalong bay making it very relaxing and a welcome treat to enjoy the fresh sea air in China. However let's look at the facts - this is a reasonably expensive hotel for China and is aiming to compete with other major resorts not only in Sanya but also south east Asia. The amenities inside the hotel need a bit more thought in my opinion. Restaurants with a wider and more reasonably priced menu for one - be aware that with a lack of restaurants nearby you are very restricted. Maybe more in the way of evening entertainment - being in Yalong bay after about 10pm your options are limited unless you want to pay for taxis, or a courtesy car service to another overpriced bar or restaurant. In my opinion Yalong bay and Cactus Resort are beautiful and worth a visit but the area needs to be more prepared to offer entertainment to tourists who on arrival are without many options, and therefore have no choice but to pay way over the odds for average food and service, that anywhere else in China or in Hainan would cost under half the price. I have been to resorts in Fiji, Australia, South America and Europe and this still has a way to come before competing with the big boys.
"Beautiful Resort in Sanya"
05/26/14 Leslie3663 Singapore, Singapore
Beautiful resort and value for $$$. The beach is away from the resort, as it is not at the beach front. Room is big and clean. The pools are big but they off the pool system maybe to save money therefore the water is very warm and "dead".
"Good Hotel"
03/14/14 ZhaoXX Sanya, China
Good hotel. Buterfly museum is near. Good room service. We all really enjoyed the relaxing time we spent, specifically at the swimming pool. Guests and staff are very friendly. Back side of the hotel is a mountain, the other side the hotel gardens and swimming pool, behind that a big lake, and than some hotels and the beach to where you were brought with a golf cart service.... The location therefore was nicely isolated and at the same time close to a busier beach. Breakfast was good and the hotel offers good lunch and dining options.
"Everything was nice Except...."
02/25/14 StevenYapKC Singapore, Singapore
This is my second visit and as my title says it, almost perfect stay except for the female service staff at the front desk. Lack of proper training. No eye contact. As if she's speaking to someone over the phone while i'm standing right in front of her. Replied my enquire with questions and after 10 mins, i am not still enlightened with what time and where should i wait for my booked day tour with the resort around Sanya. Everything else was nice though.
"Very good price value"
01/20/14 mluesse Nuremberg, Germany
Stayed here in 2010 and really enjoyed it - as we went during the low season we had the pool / beach almost for ourselves and can not judge how the hotel is once it is fully booked. However, we enjoyed the time here and especially the dinner - but please do not expect the staff to speak English :)