All hotels in Pacific Grove, California, United States of America
1150 Lighthouse Ave, Pacific Grove, CA, 93950, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

great place, newly updated and currently renovating rooms- all in all great place.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
"Very nice!!! 5 star rooms"
After a long drive and walking in to a nice clean room was very satisfying. The hotel rooms are under renovation so some of the parking lot is occupied with a chain link fence covered up with the blue tarp but there was plenty of parking, the room was so nice and well color scheme. The room still smelled new with its new carpet and drapes. Very well updated with microwave, refrigerator and TV, but the TV had some channels with poor reception. The bathroom was the best with huge glass door and nice shower tiles. It was well put together. I thought I was going to be put in an old room, but receptionist was kind to allow me to stay in the updated room. Try the hot spa (hot tub) it was so relaxing after the long drive.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Jessie
"Nice experience"
Nice place but not perfect. We were not able to figure out if the room had A/C and the staff seemed uninterested. Honestly I the room didn't have working heating or cooling which was the source of the disinterest. The facilities seemed very clean though. They had an incredible breakfast service. The room was very nice. I would consider staying there again.
3 night romance trip Feb 20, 2015
"great location"
yes they are in the middle of renovation but our room was not. the carpet was dirty and buckled up, the grout in the bathroom was so (dirty, missing in spots , patched in spots, yellowed, white? and uggh!) That I had trouble deciding if I wanted to bath or not. It was a sunken tub with jets. The place is a wonderful location in desperate need of repair. Friendly staff butterflies close by and wonderful, as is ocean
1 night romance trip Feb 25, 2015
"Quiet, restful experience"
We didn't know what to expect and we we pleasantly surprised. Breakfast was in the Lodge & it was excellent. Management is remodeling rooms & doing a great job.
1 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
Katherine
"Very nice hotel near ocean"
We have stayed here at least 4 times before and every time is a pleasure. Staff is really friendly, rooms are clean and you are 1 mile from the ocean. We love Pacific Grove. It is a quaint little town.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Jill
"Beautiful location in Pacific Grove on the coast."
Short stay but very comfortable. Amenities lacking but the location makes up somewhat. The building is old and shows it but it does have some charm regardless. The only reason they can charge $200 a nite is because of the location.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"This hotel needs an upgrade"
This hotel needs an upgrade, location is awesome and it is about time they reinvested in the interior
4 night family trip Feb 15, 2015
"Nice but outdated"
My godson and I went there for a reward getaway for his good grades, and we had a great time. He enjoyed the pool and hot tub, and I enjoyed the location and room with a patio looking out towards the ocean about 1/2 a mile away. The room was standard, a little more cleaning would have been nice--cobb webs and spiders mostly. There is no screen on the patio doors--and I like fresh air. I brought in a patio chair for the inside table because the chair inside was not stable. The T.V. set up is old--channels didn't come in very well, and no stand to adjust or turn. I think it was pricey for the outdated condition of the room. We also only had one key-they couldn't seem to program the other one to work.
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"Very quiet neighbors..."
When I booked this hotel, I looked at the pictures. I want to know where they took them. It appeared new and close to the beach. Ummm... There was a cemetery in the back yard, the ceiling in our room was falling down, the refrigerator made noise all night, the thermostat didn't work, and the room was dirty. It hadn't been upgraded in forever. Sure, the office was beautiful, and the breakfast was great, but that's all I can say positive. Oh, and a herd or deer came to our back door... On the way to the cemetery... Won't be staying here again.
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Ashley
"Perfect romantic overnight getaway!"
My husband and I were looking for a hotel with charm, something out of the ordinary . . . We booked a cottage, which has not yet been remodeled (but is about to be). It was very comfortable and sweet. First off, it passed the mandatory bedbug check. We had a fireplace and a nice one-person jacuzzi bath tub, and a small deck off of our room. There was a wine and appetizer reception in the afternoon which exceeded our expecations. The wine was very good and there were things served like cheese and crackers, meatballs in bbq sauce, veggies and dip, brownies and cake, etc . . . one could have made a meal from this offering. Breakfast was most enjoyable by the fire in the dining room. I had the eggs benedict (with homemade hollandaise sauce . . . I always check before ordering), and my husband had a denver omelette. Tasty seasoned hash browns were served on the side and a nice ripe slice of orange. And the staff was really helpful lining up a cab for us to dinner. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Willow
"Walking distance to the Monarch Butterfly Sanctuar"
I picked this hotel because of its closeness to the Monarch Sanctuary, but will not stay here next time. There is construction going on which wasn't much of a bother, except that meant walking across the street to the sister facility for breakfast. Breakfast was good and the staff is very nice and hardworking but the room, while clean, was very run down. The sliding glass door lock/latch needs repair and was difficult to lock. The location is good though and the area is quiet . We saw deer grazing at the cemetery next to our room.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
911 Dispatcher
"Average"
I had a nice stay here for a work conference. I would say everything was about average. The room was fine but nothing special. It could use an update. The fireplace was nice. The walls are very thin and neighbors kept me up a few nights. I didn't have them clean my room during my stay so I can't speak to that. However I did call for someone to bring more shampoo one evening and it took 30-45 minutes for them to bring it over. There was nothing wrong with this place but if I come back, I'll probably try another hotel.
3 night business trip Jan 24, 2015
"Love pacific grove!"
Loved our stay here especially the hot tub and fire pits
1 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
Riley
"Honeymoon suite"
We booked last minute and so there where not very many ot the cottages available. We ended up in the handicapped room, which was not in good shape. My wife went across the street to the office and asked if we could move. They put us in the honeymoon suite, which was great!
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
Lawrence
I had to come to Monterey/Pacific Grove for a business conference. The room was very nice and in a great location, which was walking distance to the ocean. The hotel provides free breakfast and dinner, and not the lame continental breakfast most hotels offer, this breakfast includes anything from omlettes to pancakes to French toast, although the options are limited. I didn't take advantage of the free dinner as this was a business trip so my meals were being taken care of anyways. The room was very nice and clean and had a sliding glass door to the outside. The only thing I did not like was that there was no railing on the patio. Being on the first floor, someone could have just walked right up to my sliding glass door and looked into my room. It wasn't a big deal, but was still a little weird. All in all this was a great hotel and I would go back.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
Brandon
"A Pleasant Stay"
We stayed for the night. The breakfast was great! It was quiet and close to the beach, Asilomar Conference Grounds, and the Monarch Butterfly Grove. The hotel desk attendant recommended an excellent seafood restaurant for dinner.
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2015
Kathleen
Great location . This hotel is going under a renovation . We had an old not renovated dark wood paneled ground floor room but it was comfortable , great beds and very quiet . When the renovation is complete it will be a very nice place to stay . Bit confusing the property is split in two and we were in the more Motel like two story part and not quite what I was expecting . Took a lovely easy close walk beside golf course to coast so loved the location
1 night family trip Jan 6, 2015
barbara
"Happy at Lighthouse Lodge!"
very clean and comfortable-great location so close to beach and town--had a wonderful surprise when upgraded to a suite at the nearby location even though the construction site at the hotel was not happening on the weekend----would definitely stay there again-- This is my third stay there!
2 night trip Jan 9, 2015
Sondra
"Excellent everything at this hotel!"
We were upgraded to a beautiful Oceanfront room with fireplace and vauted ceilings. This hotel is a short, 1 block walk to the beach. So close you can hear the waves breaking on the beach! Clean, roomy and well appointed. The hotel offers a complimentary breakfast that is not your run of the mill bagels, etc but a 6 choice menu of various egg dishes. In addition to the fresh fruit, cereals, oatmeal, juices, coffee and tea. All served in a lovely dining hall w/ fireplaces at either end. At 4 pm they offer wine and cheeses, etc. The wine selection is excellent, not just the cheap stuff! Over all, an excellent experience. A super friendly staff. I'd give it a 10!
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"Quiet and Clean"
There are two parts to this lodge, the nicer part pictured on the site, or a simpler set of rooms next to a cemetery. We were at the later, but it was nice and quiet. We only needed a clean place to get a good nights rest, and this provided that. A comfy bed and a decent breakfast were included, but the nicest part was actually the neighboring cemetery that was just outside our room. A grassy area between it and our patio gave the kids a place to stretch their legs a bit, and when we got to our room in the evening, we were greeted by a family of deer grazing a just few yards from our patio. Nothing fancy, but I didn't book this room to spend much time it and I got all I needed and a bit more for the price and location.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Marsha
"Very outdated facility at an overly inflated price"
I booked this reservation in a hurry and at the last minute, and therefore didn't put as much research into reviews as I usually do--I trusted the "Good! 3.7/5" rating noted above the Expedia price. Bottom line--that rating is VERY inaccurate! Pros for this hotel: *Location near Asilomar State Beach Cons for this hotel: *Very outdated & shabby/worn decor *Heater either worked on fully blast or not at all (thermostat was useless) *Dirty (cobwebs hanging from all over the ceiling) *Dogs barking all night (at a quick glance, I didn't realize that the hotel was pet friendly--and seemingly every room had dogs) *Very unsatisfactory breakfast buffet--nothing fresh, all highly processed food. Additionally, they (unapologetically) ran out of milk which caused the staff to take the cereal off of the buffet-we had for children under the age of 7 with us, so no milk and cereal was a big problem *"Free" wifi never connected
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Nikki
"Pacific Grove's Best"
I would stay at the lighthouse lodge and cottages again and anytime i'm in the Monterey bay area
2 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
jeffrey
Fabulous location. Great price. Very clean. TV was a bit old, but I didn't go to watch TV.
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
Christopher
"Well located, but a tale of two properties"
There are two motels here - the original Lighthouse Cottages and Lodge - (shingled buildings at the end of Lighthouse Drive, with views of a Golf Course, and a peek at the ocean beyond) - that we have known of since it was new, and the more ordinary Motel across and up the street they have acquired recently and given the same name. The original Cottages and Lodges are much newer and of a much higher quality than the older Motel across the street. We made the reservation at the price Expedia quoted, but it had the caveat that the choice of room would be assigned at the time of our check-in. We didn't know of the acquisition and merger and were surprised to find we had a room in the older motel. This room was old, dark, kind of shabby, and lacked a TV. The manager said their practice was to offer the lower price for the older rooms and to rent the better ones first. She did offer us a handicapped accessible room in the newer Cottages for the same price, which was quite a nice room - and we actually prefer the larger shower in the HC units. We were pleased by the upgrade, but we would be reluctant to have to pay the actual rate they charge for the room we were given.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Bill and Caryn
"ocean view."
Hotel was really nice. And it was in a great area for seeenic vew by the ocean. I will use your web site again.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
Kenneth
"Very nice"
We came for a quick 1 night getaway with our 3 kids. This place was perfect. Loved the location, there was enough room for us all with the rollaway bed. The decor is a bit dated but the rooms were clean. They just nes to add some bed skirts to make the decor complete. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was decent. He only think I'd change is I would request an upstairs room d/t the noise of having others above you.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2015
"The property is run down."
Decent location. They did not accomodate our request for a king size bed. The maid service had not cleaned our room when we returned at 4pm. The furniture all had deep gashes. When we went for the "included breakfast', it was unsupervised and out of most of the food. The breakfast room is very depressing. There are better choices for comparable rates in Pacific Beach.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"It's all about the location"
The good - Nice location in Pacific Grove close to the ocean. Full American breakfast. The negs - Room was dark and noisy. Dog in next room barked every time we opened our door. Paint was peeling on bathroom ceiling and the door and wood baseboard were old and dirty. Hotel staff was efficient but not overly friendly.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"The service was very good but the room runned down"
Had a good time - love the town
2 night trip with friends Dec 28, 2014
"Will stay again and again"
Very nice, we will stay there again and again. We were upgraded to the cottages side due to construction on the lodge side which was an unexpected perk; but, none the less very nice place to stay. Friendly staff responded to our requests very quickly. Very nice free chef prepared breakfast if staying on cottages side (fee if staying on lodge side). Comfortable bed, spacious bath area. Very clean. Very nice stroll down (about 1/4 mile)a street passing the golf course and lighthouse on your left and cemetery on your right to the ocean. Easily done with small children. If you'd like you can continue on the nice path all the way to Lover's point and beyond.
2 night family trip Dec 15, 2014
"Very disappointed."
We have stayed at the Lighthouse in the past and were truly looking forward to our stay there this week. Sadly, it was not the same. We stayed in room 155. There were holes in the drapes. The bedding looked like it came from a thrift store. Spiders. For four people we were given two wash cloths and no glasses. I called the front desk and about two hours later a guy brought 4 paper cups and five wash cloths. The breakfast had been delicious in the past and was one of the reasons I used to justify spending the extra $30 a night to stay there. The bananas were brown. The cold cereals stale. You could count the actual oats in the oatmeal it was so watery and slime. My sister swears the eggs were powdered. After they were poured in the chafing dish the cook came in with plastic containers and added a few spoonfuls of diced ham and raw chopped bell peppers. Other than that there was Apple's and bread for toast. Half of the place appeared to be in the process of being refurbished???? They had free WiFi but the power in our devices seemed to be sucked out. We couldn't keep them charged.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Lori
"Fun Time"
Very enjoyable. Can't wait to see the rooms after the new remodle is completed.
2 night trip Nov 17, 2014
"Very pleasant, we'll go back'"
Our stay was a pleasant experience.
2 night family trip Nov 12, 2014
"This is the traditional place we have gone."
I left a note with the manager about issues. I forgot to tell her that my sister pointed out that the wifi access was no charge, unlike most other places. I liked the afternoon wine and nibbles.
Other trip Nov 22, 2014
Travis
"Disappointing"
Carpets are nasty. Walls are paper thin. Dogs are allowed (which doesn't work well with the thin walls). Furniture and fixtures are old and beat-up. Luckily the hotel is very close to the ocean, and the staff is friendly and accommodating.
"Never stay here again"
This place is old and run down rooms are disgusting!
2 night romance trip Nov 7, 2014
"Horrible"
I have stayed there many times and my room had stains on the carpet door jam broken - breakfast buffet horrible.
1 night business trip Nov 7, 2014
"Pass on this motel if possible."
Very small and drab room. For $200/night we got a view of the parking lot. Not much in the way of TV watching available unless you're willing to spend $15 for an in room movie. There was a posting in the bathroom about wasting water during the drought, but it took about 2 minutes of wasted water before it got hot enough to shower. The complimentay breakfast was less than stellar. I "shaved" my powdered eggs off a giant block in the middle of the serving pan. The OJ seemed to be a cross between frozen concentrate and Tang, but at least the bread wasn't moldy.
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
Craig
"Birthday excursion"
Upon checking in, the staff was friendly and accommodating, and this great service continued throughout the stay of 5 days. The room was somewhat outdated, but it was clean. It was nice to have both a refrigerator and a microwave for our leftovers. The breakfast was nice with warm scrambled eggs and veggies mixed in. The sliding door was hard to open and close, but the deer coming to our door made it worthwhile! We will b coming back!
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Jackie
"Nice area, but upgrade windows and room."
If a couple of windows were made to be open, that would have let some fresh air come in. I get hot very easily. There were 5 of us in the room and they would only leave us 2 washcloths. There were cobb webs around the windows inside. Maybe the bigger rooms might be better, but the room we stayed in was just OK.
2 night family trip Oct 24, 2014
"Birthday Weekend"
We were on a girls weekend celebrating a milestone birthday. I have friends in Pacific Grove, so they checked out the hotel for us. Yes it is under renovation and is somewhat dated. However, it is in a great location. Walked to the beach everyday. Very quite in a residential neighborhood. Looking forward to seeing it again next year. I felt many of the reviews that I read before we arrived were a bit unfair. I would definitely return.
4 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014
"Close to the ocean that's about it."
First the good: Close enough to the ocean that you can walk. Unfortunately there are no sidewalks to the ocean so if you have kids, not a good choice. Easy walk to Cannery Row; all day adventure for this as it is 3+ miles away but you have great views. Dog friendly establishment. Quiet and friendly part of the community. Now the Bad: Poor quality rooms; outdated and old. Our room smelled musty and if you are lucky enough to be on the bottom floor, you get to hear footsteps overhead. Not worth your what you pay for. Looking at other reviews it sounds like the cottages are nice compared to the lodge; they are at different locations. We had small kids and like to walk. Tried walking into Pacific Grove but there are no sidewalks and the road is pretty busy so you might end up driving a lot. The lodge sits next to the cemetery; did not bother me, they were quiet compared to the footsteps above my room. There is a refrigerator but it is old and not that cold so don't count on it to work. They have a basic breakfast, not that great but you can make it work. Plenty of good places in Pacific Grove to eat.
4 night family trip Oct 19, 2014
"The good, bad, and ugly!"
Good - no visible bed bugs Bad - no shower pressure to rinse hair, no drain in sink, bottoms sheets don't fit beds, dirty stained carpet, no screen on window, low lighting, fan only works on low and off, furniture and pictures missing, mismatched remaining furniture, peeling lino in bathroom, mold in shower. Ugly - the whole room was ugly and we won't go back or recommend to anyone
Other trip Oct 23, 2014
debby
"Amazing!"
It was perfecf for my family and I. Nice, quiet location and spacious double room. I will definitely be staying here again.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
ari
"Disappointing"
The room was disappointing. The neighborhood was lovely but there was no airconditioning, no screen on the back porch so you could open the sliding glass window, the toilet did not work (was fixed by management). The furnishings were dated. The molding around the bathroom was cracked with large gaps in it. Breakfast was consistently eggs and potatoes. Half the hotel was closed for some kind of construction. The pool was dirty - had fallen large leaves in it for 2 days. Probably was a nice lodge once upon a time.
3 night family trip Oct 14, 2014
"Good valie"
True it doesn't compare to the Monterey Plaza or Pebble Beach but at about $100 a night it gets the job done. Set your expectations based on price and you won't be disappointed.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
Beautiful location an surroundings. Inside the room, a bit shappy and run down. Not too clean. Needs accessories, etc.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Needs a good cleaning"
The Positive:convent, safe location, nice pool, breakfast, The negative: uncomfortable beds too soft, felt like you were in a waterbed, could not even turn without waking the other person up, hard pillows, the room smelt moldy, probably because there was mildew everywhere, on the curtains, in the shower, sink, bathroom floor, as for the outside it seems like this place hasn't seen a paint job in a long time, pretty run down. I would not stay here again until it get a makeover
1 night trip Oct 8, 2014
"lighthouse under refurbish"
We enjoyed our stay here and were upgraded to a room with a fireplace which we easily used. We stepped out on the patio to see some deer and that was cool. They started on a 6month hotel reservation the day we were there. Should really be an enjoyable place when done.
1 night romance trip Oct 7, 2014