All hotels in Pacific Grove, California, United States of America
1150 Lighthouse Ave, Pacific Grove, CA, 93950, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Poor vibe
"good hotel"
Hotel staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable and spacious. I would stay here again.
2 night romance trip Sep 13, 2015
"Above average hotel for quick get away"
Overall, hotel was above average. Staff was friendly. Room was renovated recently with the exception of the carpet (a few spots not too bad). Bed was comfortable. Room was stuffy at night. Apparently no other guests had ever asked to turn on fan for circulation. Didn't want to open the patio door facing cemetery, and for safety reason. Breakfast was nice.
1 night family trip Sep 13, 2015
Shirley
"Loved it!!!"
Our room was clean & very roomy ! There is a Pool & spa & fire pits ! At the fire pits we met really nice people. The breakfast was good ! There was wine & cheese in the afternoon ! The service was great !
3 night romance trip Sep 8, 2015
"Pacific Grove Escape"
We had a nice time.
2 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
"greatly improved"
Remodel was much needed. Stairs and landings are noisy. But big improvement over a few years ago.
1 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
Gerald
"Extremely rude staff cold and indifferent."
Receptionist was not accommodating when we asked for a better room we were told there were none to be had yet when we asked why they still had the vacancy sign turned to vacancy we were told that was Pacific Grove policy was to inform the public that there is still a vacancy when there isn't. All other hotels had there no vacancy signs turned to no. On the Internet it said there was a wine and cheese reception but when we got there we were told there was a charge of $16. Per couple although the cottages across the street were free to there lodgers. It was hot and there is no fan or ac in the room and if you open the window someone can just crawl in plus there is no privacy in the cheaper rooms. When we went to get breakfast we were locked out of the breakfast room before we were done eating even though there was 20 minutes lest before closing, the woman attendant was extremely rude. There were no pool towels and only four chairs for eating breakfast in the pool area although there were 3 large tables no one could sit at them.
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
Alex
"Very happy with the stay!"
We stayed at Junior Cottage for 2 nights and the room was clean and tasteful. Very happy with the stay! We'll definitely stay there again next time!
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Tina
"Our Visit to Pacific Grove/Monterey Area"
This was our first visit to The Lighthouse Lodge and Cottages. It was so peaceful. We had a room with a fireplace. Only 2 comments....pillows were so soft that I wish either I had more so I could sit up in bed or having to bring mine from home. Secondly, I slept with the patio door slightly open. I wish they had a screen on them so I could open the patio door wider. We were on the second floor and some of the steps had no handrail so you need to be careful on the concrete steps. But the staff is wonderful, pleasant and helpful. Would I stay there again? Absolutely!!!!
2 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Jeannette
"Dank, Dark Room by the Sea"
The location for the hotel is great.I always love visiting Pacific Grove with the its small town feel, numerous shops and restaurants.The hotel is only a few blocks from the ocean and it is right next to pebble beach if your a golfer. The hotel stay itself was dismal. The room was too small for one thing. The TV display was too dark and the channel selection was minimal. The cost for movies was too expensive. The heater kept making noises all night long that kept us awake through out the night. I did ask the hotel to fix it after the first sleepless night, but the next night it started all over again. The hotel did not provide enough pillows and towels for the room, unless we asked. Wifi was provided for free but even that was a hit or miss, I guess that depended on how many people were using it at the time. There was an ironing board in the closet, but no iron. The last thing would be the bathroom sink, the drain stop was to small for the sink, which wouldn't allow the water to stay in the sink. Considering the drought in California, I did not want to waste water by running it to shave. So for two days I couldnt shave, which I found to be the last straw. I like to be clean shaven when I take my wife out on the town. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to have a good place to rest and relax, after a day and/or night of activities. It was definitely not worth the money I paid to stay and enjoy myself with my wife.
2 night romance trip Sep 4, 2015
"Can't wait to come back!"
Very enjoyable stay. The pool and spa were nice. The location is ideal for people who enjoy walking to cafes and local sites. It's such a pretty location amid the tree canopy, near the lighthouse and monarch sanctuary, and walkable to the main strip of Pacific Grove. Very family friendly, too.
1 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Kathryn
It was a hot weekend and there was no air conditioning and no windows that opened in the room. The sliding doors opened to a cemetary and we didn't feel safe sleeping with the sliders open. Needless to say, it was very hot in the room. We were able to reserve this room 1 year in advance of the Concours de Elegance and were grateful to have a place to stay!
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Unrestful nonbliss"
While it is truly a few blocks from the ocean, the view from the adjacent cemetery certainly adds a bit of charm to ther ocean view, that is not disclosed in the hotel write up. Exterior condition of hotel needs alot of work, our balcony felt like it was going to drop into the plots below, and handrail was loose, and of no value, dirty, paint peeling, you get the picture. Pool and surrounding area was not inviting. Parking lot had, well, some less than tourist types, hanging out, and maybe doing some stuff that might not be what you want to be around....if you can fill the imagery. Generally for the cost of what they charge per night, there are many other places to stay that would allow more enjoyment. That's why we left after the first night......
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"Nice quiet hotel 2 blocks from the ocean."
The interior of the hotel was very nice although the exterior and patio could use some staining. The hotel is conveniently located 2 blocks from the ocean and I was able to see the sunset while jogging. Overall a nice quiet hotel with full breakfast included.
1 night business trip Aug 26, 2015
"So-so"
Overall, the room was rather new. However, the fridge was not cleaned (we had somebody's lunch in it). Also, the designer of the room just loved sharp corners (=not good for kids); I have got a serious scratch with an armchairs' handle. Staff do not care.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
jlondon
"Easy access"
Easy Access to the beach, nice to see deer freely wondering throughout the neighborhood. Easy drive to Monterey and touristy places. Enjoyed it all.
3 night romance trip Aug 24, 2015
Hilda
The check in went fine but the room was depressing. The bedspread was old and worn. The carpet was sadly worn and dingy as well as sandy. The bathroom was very tight. We paid a big price for this room. Very disappointed. We asked for a room away from the road but we were told the price was higher. Also we heard our neighbors baby crying through the walls.
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
Jerome
"Want to try a hotel with NO air conditioning?"
1. Thie hotel is located rigth by a cemetery. From the room's window, you can see tombs, tombstones, etc. 2. No air conditioning, no fan, no circulation devise while hotel allows pets. 3. The room smells musky and doggy as pets allowed. But nothing we could to eliminate the odor. 4. Phone was not working. We have to walk to the front desk to repair. Not even hooked up, later found. 5. Breakfast was aweful also. Scrambled eggs from frozen patty(never seen this), some cereals and milk, apple and bananas.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Great location and quiet. Room was average.
1 night trip with friends Aug 21, 2015
joseph
"Comfortable and cozy less than a mile from beach"
We stayed for our annual trip to Monterey. I feel so lucky to have found lighthouse. We stayed in the junior cottage with a partitioning door between bedroom and living room so I could put my daughter to bed and still hang out after with my husband and brother. It's not super fancy but we don't need that. We need location and comfort. Which we got. The breakfast was great. The service was accommodating. Next time I will definitely make use of the heated pool and the jet tub. Pacific grove is a beautiful place to stay and this cottage nestled right into it.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
shanna
"Breakfast is suck!"
Below average
1 night trip Aug 21, 2015
"This is THE Place to Stay in Pacific Grove"
I was a weary traveler by the time I reached the reception desk the evening I arrived. The staff was so friendly! Everyday of my five day stay, I was greeted by smiles, asked how I was enjoying my stay and asked if there was anything they could do to make it even more enjoyable. One evening when asked the question, I jokingly said, "I wish I had remembered to buy hot chocolate!" The wonderful staff person said, "Hold on for a second, disappeared and came back a moment later with some hot chocolate!" My own fairy god mother! The maintenance man even put a fan together for me! My room was beautiful with a balcony overlooking the field where I enjoyed breakfast each morning in the company of a doe and her two babies. It was peaceful, close to the ocean and downtown (both very walk-able). I will definitely be returning.
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
"Great neighborhood, average hotel"
Loved the neighborhood! Short walk to the ocean. Hotel backed up to a beautiful cemetary that had deer wondering around. Golfcourse next to that. The hotel itself wasn't that great for the price. The "full" breakfast was weak, pancakes and potaotes and green bananas. No eggs. The pool was small and plain. Beds were ver comfortable. The room decor was nice but the view was blocked by a half dead bush and the patios outside the room are a tiny slab of concrete with two chairs. The staff was not very friendly. We would stay in Pacific Grove again but probably not here.
robert
We stayed there for the night and it was gorgeous... Seen deer around the cottage . Lovers point was walking distance. The bed was so comfortable I will definitely be back.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Marianne
"NO Air Conditioning!"
Very Disappointing and misleading. It says that there is climate control in the room. No AC at all!!!!!!!! Front desk was out of fans!!!!!!! Was going to open the window but there was no screen. Carpet is stained. Bed uncomfortable. Took the shower a couple of minutes to heat up. Horrible!
1 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
"Beautiful location"
Newly renovated lovely cottage type room, very quiet and close to Pacific Grove beaches and eateries. Would love to come back.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
KK
"Ok place but not at that price"
This hotel would be fine for $100 a night hotel, but it is definitely not OK for a $500-$1000 night hotel. For $500-$1000, I expect a room that is pristine in cleanliness, superior in comfort and offers top notch service. This hotel is adequate and serviceable but no luxury hotel worthy of its high cost.
4 night family trip Aug 12, 2015
Ian
"One night in Pacific Grove/Monterey"
We enjoyed our stay and loved the location. It was close enough to the aquarium (our reason to visit Monterey) - a quick 5 minute drive. The room was clean and had a small refrigerator which is great when you have kids. The breakfast included was not great (cardboard waffles/pancakes) but it got us started for the day. My nieces enjoyed the pool and the close proximity to the rocky beach was great. I would stay here again.
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
"Think twice"
Handicap accessibility through read sliding door, front door with lock no wheelchair accessible. Fortunately, we were not traveling alone so one could go around and open door. We ended up taking valuables with us every time we left to avoid the inconvenience of walking around. Wheelchairs does not equal second class citizens. They charged the wrong credit cards even though it was keyed. Very disappointing for the price paid.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
cw
"Peaceful Location"
The rooms are very nice, and the breakfast included was adequate. The area itself can not be beat as far as relaxing, and location. You are a short drive to the tourist areas, and Carmel. The Pacific Grove entrance to the 17 mile Drive is right up the street. I enjoyed some peaceful time by the pool while my husband, and boys went fishing. It is just a short walk to the beach trails along the ocean, which I enjoyed. My husband and I also took morning walks, and seeing deer every morning, well on every walk to the ocean, was amazing! The boys liked going down to the tide pools, I felt it was a close, and safe enough walk for 3 14 year old boys. They made it back okay!
Samantha
"Quirky, but we'll go back!"
Refurbished room was nice, BUT windows didn't lock and no safe in room for electronics. Missing microwave and coffeemaker --finally got both, but not even "starter" coffee, creamer, stirrers. Only one glass for bathroom. Maid only left one hand towel and washcloth per day. Cooked breakfast was great and variety of guests interesting. Love the location.
3 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
Vicki
"Different Internet Information"
The information on the internet does not match reality. The internet showed/implied that you can sit by the fire and order drinks and food. Reality is only if you book certain rooms are you allowed to go down to the fire pit. They have a buffet from 4-6 and each night is different. We went in there to check it out, since we didn't book a room that allowed us access, and all they had was crackers, cheese, cookies and soup. Drinks were wine or water. Not a full bar. The internet implied a full breakfast. The waffles/pancakes were premade, cold and tasted like they sat around for days. If you liked cereals and muffins then that was ok.
"Recently remodeled"
The hotel had most of their guest cottages under renovation. Our room looked freshly painted, carpeted, and tiled ... and smelled like it to boot. The chemical fumes were strong. I wish the hotel tried to air out or let the rooms cure a few days before renting them out. Staff was kind -- allowed us a late check out.
Sunbird
"The worst hotel experience we ever had."
We have never stayed at a hotel that was this noisy. We did not sleep either night. Our room smelled like paint, the toilet ran, lamp did not work, noise of people above and next to us was extremely loud. No hair dryer, no iron, although there was an ironing board. Not enough towels and soap although we had indicated that four people were staying there. Sliding glass door was very difficult to open. Our room was located across the street. No one indicated to us at any time that our room would not be in the facility pictured on the website. When we asked about changing rooms after the first night, we were told that all the rooms were booked, but when we checked later that day, we were told that the last room on the second floor had just been booked. We will not stay there again and I will go out of my way to tell people staying in Pacific Grove not to stay at this hotel.
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
"Rooms great, breakfast horrible!"
Rooms are great but lots of cigarette butts outside our patio on the grass. Breakfast horrible. You are crammed in! They need to establish quiet hours because people come and go at all hours. The rooms are totally beautiful and totally refurbished and brand new. Location can't be beat! Breakfast is like served in a homeless shelter for $250 per night. Hot room, crammed in, carbs only no flavor. They need eggs!
christine
It was ok...but I won't book this hotel again....I thought I was getting two queens and instead got one queen and a hide a bed, the bath was in bad shape...I think I was disappointed because it was very expensive and definitely not what I expected
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
kathi
"1ST time in the lodge rooms"
This was the first time that we stayed in the lodge, as we have always stayed in the cottages. We were concerned about the cleanliness and quality of the lodge rooms. We were pleasantly surprised! The lodge rooms were clean and very comfortable. The cottages are little more dated and not as clean...
1 night romance trip Aug 6, 2015
Penny
"pleasant stay"
Around the corner from a great little golf course and restaurant. Very quiet and good bed. A solid 3 star stay. We will stay here again
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
The lodge exterior is a little weathered, but the room itself was spacious and nicely updated. Wished there were better breakfast options. There were lots of carbs, but no protein choices. Its location was close to both the ocean and the town and Pacific Grove is a lovely place. Less crowded and more laid back than Carmel and Monterey.
2 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
"Room 151 - not ready for rental"
Room looked Luke they just finished refurbishing, but there was caulking pieces on the bathroom floor, the weather stripping on door was coming off. Missing refrigerator, no iron, no screen on patio door, and patio door did not lock. We registered for three people but only had a setting for two. Called for more towels and iron first morning, but nothing was delivered by 3:00pm. Never did get the iron. Supposed to be two queen beds, but were two double beds.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
"Website is very deviecing."
It's says one thing about hotel. But it for the other down the road. People walking down the street to the other hotel for other things.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
"Do not stay here!"
Room had no ventilation and if you opened the door, the mosquitoes and bugs came in since there is no screen on the door. Paid way too much for such poor facilities. Also, our room had a view of a cemetery... somehow fitting for this place.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
ZY
"B day Golf trip"
Bad Front desk service Shower didn't have hot water
3 night trip with friends Aug 2, 2015
Dean
Our junior cottage had great space for us - 2 adults, 2 kids. The daily breakfast, though basic, was great to have and the service each day was excellent. However, the beds (one King, one pull out couch) were both incredibly uncomfortable. Also, I believe that the rooms have been updated, but the updates were not done well. The carpet, if updated, was rough and worn. The bathroom had no vent where the shower was located, so it always felt steamy, though we were able to open the window located above the toilet alcove, which helped a bit. The jetted tub was fine but the jets didn't work at all so it was just a deep tub that looked old. The lighting in the bathroom was also very poor. I'd consider staying there again but will be doing it knowing not to expect a fully updated room.
5 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Overall A+ but a few suggestions for improvement: 1) The balcony is not pet safe because the vertical wooden posts are spaced too far apart and even a medium size dog could get through. 2) The free breakfast is poor. Prefab pancakes that are too hard to cut with plastic utensils. They used to provide eggs and bacon and I suggest they do that again. Very few people come for breakfast because it is poor.
2 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Leslie
"Third rate motel close to the ocean."
PROS: Near the ocean, was clean, and close to Monterey and Carmel. CONS: The room was dungeon like and may be what you get with a non-motel booking. It was the second worst room of them all. An unsecure sliding door and broken screen had a view of the weeds and cemetary. The walls and poor insulation magnified every step of neighbors upstairs. Breakfast consisted of pancakes, potatoes and cereal ......every day! Desk personnel were not friendly and definitely didn't ask, "How was your stay?" Be warned, pictures online are deceiving and may not represent the room you get.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
"Not at all happy"
We reserved a first-come/first-available room from Hotels.com. Told we would get whatever was available when we checked in. There was a nice room available, but the desk clerk decided we could not get it because we paid less. We got a clean room with a very stained, sticky sliding door in a hole on the ground floor. The back door that you could not see through opened onto ant hills, dirt and weeds, and then a cemetery. And we got a lot of attitude (not good) from both desk clerks. We got there at 3:45, check-in was 4:00. They would not check us in until 4:00, but other people were walking in and getting their rooms. We were not aggressive or hostile with them, but their treatment sure changed our opinion of them. Hotels.com said these rooms rented for $1000, not so. Wrong prices listed, service down-graded because we were hotels.com clients.
1 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Great stay! The room was well-kept, comfortable, and not outdated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
"Very displeased - dirty, old and not kept up."
The pictures for the hotel must be very old. It looked nice, but we were surprised to see how unkempt it was - the grounds and rooms/hotel. The hot tub was green (we were told it had green tile) but it looked so bad and dirty that we wouldn't use it. The room smelled bad and didn't seem clean. We would not walk barefoot and worried about how clean the bedding was. The breakfast consisted of pancakes (made ahead), oatmeal and toast. There was no protein but there were some very ripe bananas.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Arthur
Great clean place to stay, friendly staff, great location.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"We just wanted to relax"
We got there in the evening after a day of exploring Monterey. We were hoping to just watch some TV and relax. The TV had like 4 channels and all were fuzzy. Bed was a little too hard for my liking but it was ok. The bathroom and shower were nice. But when we woke up, we found a dead roach in the bathroom. So that was a big yuck! Free breakfast was provided, and it wasn't great. Rubbery pancakes, and country potatoes were served. Also served: some fruit, toast, cereal, juice, oatmeal. Overall we did not have a good experience. Probably won't stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015