All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
528 W Brompton Ave, Chicago, IL, 60657, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar and Beverages
    Bar is awesome
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Quaint Boutique Hotel"
Hotel was clean and was in a great location to walk to nearby restaurants. Staff were always extremely friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2016
Room had radiator heat and was either way too hot or way too cold
1 night trip Jan 18, 2016
"Sun Room Happiness"
I enjoyed staying in the sun room! Great size for the price. TV channel selection was great along with the valet parking with priveleges and hot tea or coffee any time. I also like that they held our bags after checking out so we could explore more of town. Very nice staff and cute guy that put breakfast together ;).
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
Shannon
"Lost in Majestic"
1. Rooms flooring is creaky. So you will not be able to sleep. The parking is not available. It's a building next door that will let you in but they will make it harder to retrieve the car everyday. You will not get sleep if you are a light sleeper and can't take creaky floor above you. 2. Room size is laughably small. You can touch the main door from one end while sitting in the edge of window in the other 3. The staff is pretty rude. The lady in the morning really doesn't want you there honestly. The night staff is even scarier. They seem like they will pull out a weapon and rob you. 4 the complimentary breakfast is a joke. They should call it free coffee / tea with cold cereal. Don't fall for it. 5. The elevator is super slow. 6. The entrance to the hotel is narrow and very Inconvenient. It has stairs so not handicap friendly !!!! 7. TV sets are at least 10 yrs older. Basically it's an old house with rooms in them which has not been maintained for 100 years. Your choice if you want to stay. I would not recommend anyone if they want some serious shuteye or a little comfort.
3 night business trip Jan 8, 2016
Dinesh
it was great will go back
2 night family trip Jan 2, 2016
FLOYD
The room was extremely small. The bed fit nicely along with the furniture, but it would not be suitable for handicap/disabled (you would likely need to call ahead to see if they can accommodate you.) Additionally, our room was directly next to the elevator and we heard the elevator buttons all night long. Otherwise, it felt very clean and safe. Again, I'd just request to have a bed room from the elevator next time. The staff was friendly. The bed was comfy. I don't think that the room was worth the price ($114 for the night.) It seemed much more like a $60-80 room.
1 night romance trip Dec 30, 2015
Samantha
"Conveniently located!"
We arrived at this hotel later in the evening, though the hotel was a little difficult to find for someone not familiar with the area (particularly at night), the check in process was simple and quick. The lobby of the hotel is quite charming and there is 24 hour coffee and hot tea available in the lobby (which came in handy as we were visiting for NYE and it was a bit chilly). The building is quite old and I never noticed if there even is an elevator as we just took the stairs to our room on the second floor. The room was huge and also had a small sunroom of the sleeping area with an additional tv and couch. The bathroom, while dated, was also charming. It was really nice to have a window in the bathroom that could be opened. The HVAC system in the building is radiators and window AC, the radiator woke us on two occasions making an awful noise (likely due to pressure build up) which was easily fixed by opening the valve a bit. The building being older did squeak and creak as guests walked around, which if staying for more than one night could potentially be a nuisance. The complimentary breakfast was better than most. The hotel is convenient to both the lake and parks near the lake as well as a couple of blocks walk from both wrigley field and the el.
1 night romance trip Jan 1, 2016
Jeffrey
Glad to find this little hotel. I'll stay again.
3 night trip Dec 26, 2015
"Great little gem!"
Great neighborhood and perfect location. The hotel lobby is gorgeous--a huge room that feels like a living room with a beautiful fireplace warming the room. Nice breakfast and cookies at 4pm too!!
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
Wendy
"Excellent and I will be back!"
Great place and great location! People were very helpful!
1 night romance trip Dec 5, 2015
Kristin
"Smaller rooms"
Small room
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2015
""Somewhere In Time""
We stayed at The Majestic for at least 5 nights in November, 2015. We had a suite at the very end of the top floor. Charming. The entire staff could not make our stay any better, giving me a heater because I was cold due to the temp. change from California. I love this place.
2 night romance trip Nov 17, 2015
Forrest
"Loves the Majestic!"
Wonderful stay;hotel has many little extras that chains don't. Front desk staff were great! Loved the minibar and selection of snacks. Not overpriced like most hotels. We were in town for a concert at the Riviera and this hotel location was great. Quiet residential, but short uber ride to venue. Would definitely stay again.
1 night romance trip Nov 18, 2015
Dana
"Pass it up"
Hotel room was tiny, bad heating system. The location was very isolated. Way too expensive, just a basic room. Stay at the Willows!
1 night romance trip Nov 19, 2015
Very Nice!
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2015
SCOTT
"Disappointing"
The best part of my stay was the friendly young man that checked us in. Other than that and the location, I was not too impressed for the money. Most upsetting, my room deposit has still not been returned to my checking account and tomorrow will be the 5th business day since the Majestic Hotel debited $50 for "room incidentals deposit" (of which I charged $0 to the room.) I paid for parking with cash. I was told by the staff while checking out that my deposit would be returned within 2 business days.
1 night trip Nov 11, 2015
"Acceptable but very expensive for the room you get"
The room itself is not much to speak about. I wouldn't call it out as quickly if the nightly rate was more reasonable but this is a very expensive place to stay due to location. The sitting room in the lobby area is a nicer place with a decent continental breakfast. Unfortunately, the first night we had someone above us who was up for most of the wee hours. The floor is creaky and it made for poor sleep. We switched upstairs for the second night and it was much better. The hotel is past its prime. It is a converted brownstone and right off Lake Shore Drive.
2 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
"my November stay"
Very friendly staff. No street parking. 22 dollars a day to park next door. Hotel is very clean. Room has window air conditioning so there is a gap in windows that lets plenty of cold air in during windy winter. Bed not very soft. Shower is nice with water coming out warm very quickly. Maid service is great. Continental breakfast is actually pretty good.
3 night business trip Nov 9, 2015
frank
Floors were noisy when walked on both in our room and the one above us. Just used the hotel for a place to sleep and shower. Would probably stay again as it was close to where we needed to be.
2 night family trip Nov 6, 2015
"Terrific!!!"
What a beautiful hotel, with a tremendously friendly and helpful staff! Location was totally ideal. This was a terrific stay, and I hope to go back to Chicago to stay there!
4 night business trip Nov 1, 2015
"Nice hotel in tree-lined street neighborhood."
Hotel is in a nice, tree-lined neighborhood 4-5 miles from downtown and right near Lake Michigan. I had no dinner one night, so I asked how to walk to some places. Within 5 minutes, I stumbled across a bunch of good to nice restaurants that were a safe walk from the hotel. Ended up grabbing some good BBQ and heading back to my room. I had the King Suite, which gave me room to spread out, but the living room area needed more furniture... at least a coffee table, as just having a couch and chair fill a 15x20 foot space seemed inadequate. Room was very clean, but a tad on the musty side, as others have commented. All staff were very helpful and nice to deal with. Minibar had low prices, so I wasn't hesitant to grab some water and coke. Having larger flat panel TVs would have been nice, as 32" models are too small now, especially when hooking up my tablet via an HDMI cable. Overall, due to 2 conferences I attended downtown, saving over $100 per night (more like $150) was so worth it. $10 Uber rides back and forth to downtown was worth it.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
"Very quaint and enjoyable"
This is an old brownstone that has been converted to a hotel. It brings a unique experience as opposed to the usual chain hotels. Because of that, I gave it a top rating. The only thing I marked down a little was the room size. I could overlook that due to the friendly staff, cleanliness of the hotel and the nostalgic experience.
1 night romance trip Sep 28, 2015
Stephen J
"Nice neighborhood hotel - recommended"
Nice neighborhood hotel. Pluses: Check in was fast and easy. Hotel is convenient to Wrigley Field (easy 10-15 minute walk through safe neighborhood) and many restaurants. Rooms nice and very clean. Bed was VERY comfortable. Continental breakfast was simple but ok. Minuses: We got lucky and found a free parking spot on the street, but others not so fortunate would have to park around the block for $22/day. Rooms are quite small - ok for a night or two but personally I wouldn't stay there for long stays.
1 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
Alan
"You always get what you pay for"
The ONLY good thing about this place is it's cheap or at least cheap for Chicago. Even the parking was cheap but down the street and inconvenient.
1 night business trip Sep 14, 2015
"Paying for location"
The cable and air condition did not work. The room was tiny. For the amount of money you spend I would have expected better accommodations. I guess you are just paying for location and not a nice room. The location was the only thing good about. Walking distance to Wrigley.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
"Close to wrigley field"
It was awesome. Within walking distance to so many things. Or to the El to get you there
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
barb
Nice boutique hotel near Wrigley. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and the conversation at breakfast with Dan was wonderful.
2 night romance trip Aug 12, 2015
"Very nice hotel in a great neighborhood."
Rooms were comfortable and clean although a bit small. Great breakfast spread. Location north of downtown was a nice escape with great access to Lake Michigan, Boystown and Wrigley Field. A bit pricey, but, I'd stay there again.
2 night trip Aug 10, 2015
Lovely place near the Lake and close to family for us. Very nice, helpful for staff.
4 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
Steven E
"Good boutique hotel on the north side"
I like the Majestic Hotel as it is very convenient, the staff are tremendous and it has a nice boutique hotel feel. The carpet needs updating and some of the rooms are small and dark. But if you get the suites in the front of the building, they are much more comfortable. Breakfast is in a nice common room with a friendly/B&B type feel, but the continental breakfast could use some upgrading in quality. Still a great place to stay!
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
The hotel is well located and that's about all I can say positive. It's not horrible but it needs an update desperately. It is dingy and worn, musty and old. The air conditioning unit was the noisiest one I can remember and it blew straight on to the bed.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
Great neighborhood hotel. Close to Wrigley. Unfortunately, you park block and a half away and no valet. Great neighborhood though. Friendly staff. Not much of a view.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2015
randy
Great location for a small hotel. The street was quiet and close to a lot of stuff! Only suggestion would be to get quiet window units. The one in room 208 had a little disturbing buzz to it. They might want to consider replacing all of the carpets.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"Majestic Hotel -- Mixed Thoughts"
Hotel was fine for a brief stay. It has character and is an old hotel. The location is great and there are not many hotels in that area of Chicago (northern Lakeshore Drive). The rooms are much smaller in person that they are represented to be in pictures. The rooms could use some additional updating. Hard to say if the room rate is a "value" or not. In many other cities you would expect a ritzier room for the price. But again lack of competition in the area and it being Chicago means it is fairly expensive compared to other cities. Management and staff are friendly and they do try to make your stay pleasant. I would stay there again, but my expectations are more realistic than they they were in advance of this stay.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"This is a 2 star hotel that claims it's a 3 star."
If this hotel was downgraded to a 2 star from a 3 star and cut its room prices in half then it would be ok. However, the rooms are dirty and outdated to say the least. The hotel was an old women's dormitory and has not been upgraded for decades. Hotel staff are friendly but not friendly enough to justify such high room prices that comes with filthy rooms. It's better and cheeper to say in downtown Chicago and commute to Lincoln Park. Seriously consider thinking twice before staying here--unless of course you want to pay high room rates for filthy rooms. Parking costs and extra $22/night.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
The Majestic is a gem buried in East Lakeview. Close to public transportation (the Red Line, but also buses, including express buses that offer quick and convenient ways to get downtown), the hotel is perfect for the discriminating traveler. Its location also positions it close to a vibrant neighborhood, with lots of restaurants and bars, without attracting a lot of noise. The price was extremely reasonable, the room was comfortable, and I would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
"A botique hotel for old fashioned"
The hotel needs to be renewed. The windows are not isolated and at least I had no confort as my room was exactally in front of the reception (Durham) and I could hear all the time the phone! Internet was free but too slow! The breakfast was just ok!
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
Rocco
"One of our favorite Chicago hotels!"
We love staying at the Hotel Majestic!! The staff is so personable & friendly! We love the 24-hour coffee & tea service (they even stock my favorite teas!!), the breakfast, the "boutique feel", and the accessibility to Wrigley Field for a ballgame. If you're coming to Chicago to see the Cubs, you shouldn't stay anywhere else!
2 night romance trip Jul 10, 2015
Heidi
Everything was good. The staff was polite. We had a problem with our air conditioner and they came right up to help! Would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
"good location, strange lights"
We chose this hotel to be close to our daughter. For that is was a great location. I would recommend the suite for the extra room. Breakfast is just coffee and sweet rolls. One minor, and unique, annoyance is that the lights take about one minute to reach full brightness. Have patience, they do get bright enough to read by.
2 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
"Would return."
Clean room, mix of modern and dated style. Comfortable bed. Amazing customer service. Roomlinx did NOT work. (They spent a long time trying to fix it, switched us to a diff room, and it still didn't work. Waived our parking fee. Very courteous staff.)
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
"Be aware of parking"
Be aware of the parking situation. Street parking is generally all full. We arrived late at night and were directed to a parking garage several blocks away where we could park our car. Because it was an SUV, we had to go to a lot farther away and pay $36 a day, rather than $22 a day. There should be a valet service offered at this price.
2 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Great boutique hotel in the exact spot I needed. Reasonably priced. Great staff, very helpful, especially Dan!
2 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Katie
"Quiet, convenient hideaway"
Great find in a lovely, convenient neighborhood. Feels like staying in Europe.
1 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
Carolyn
"Love the location."
We felt safe walking through the area, the street is beautiful and the yards extremely neat and clean. We were able to walk to restaurants and most of all Wrigley Field for the day game. EVERYONE was always friendly and helpful and can't wait to return for another visit.
Other trip Jun 27, 2015
Judy
"Small rooms"
The room was very small and the sheets had a stain on them. When I brought the problem to the staff the changes my room immediately. The staff was professional and courteous. The rooms were just to small.
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2015
sheri
"Charming clean hotel in a convenient area"
Stayed here after a concert at the Riviera. Was a short cab ride to the show and there were nice restaurants in walking distance. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
"Beautiful older hotel in a quiet neighborhood"
After our stay we realized that we didn't have a thing to complain about. That really sums up the great stay we had at the Majestic. All the staff made sure we had everything we needed and always asked if they could help us in any way. We're fans of classic older hotels and we loved this one.
Other trip Jun 21, 2015
"Outstanding European Style Hotel"
Safe and marvelous location for the lake, cafes, pubs etc. staff tremendous. Easy to get to anywhere from the Majestic. We went for business but going back for week long stay for pleasure.
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2015
Bruce
Plan on staying here again on my next trip to Chicago.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015