All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here528 W Brompton Ave, Chicago, IL, 60657, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Overnight at the Majestic"
enjoyed a quick overnight getaway to Chicago
1 night romance trip Dec 15, 2014
Great! Perfect location for what we needed. Staff very friendly!
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Everything was wonderful besides the parking. The parking garage was under construction when we arrived, but the hotel manager waived our $22.00 fee because of the inconvience.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Tara
"Warm Welcome"
Very friendly staff and enjoyable continental breakfast.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Nice Hotel in a very nice neighborhood"
My Girlfriend and I were happy with this hotel and glad to be withing walking distance of the Vic Theatre where we were going for a show. There were also several great places to eat nearby and the neighborhood was just nice to walk through..
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Good Alternative to Downtown Hotels"
Located in a lovely neighborhood just a convenient bus ride to downtown we enjoyed our stay and would return. I travelled with my sisters to Chicago to look for a wedding dress for my niece. This hotel is reasonably priced alternative to the downtown hotels. The staff was excellent and gave great recommendations for getting around and restaurants. Nice breakfast every morning and a chat with Dan provided a nice start to everyday. Would stay here again.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"First Chicago Visit"
Our initial impression of the Majestic was underwhelming, however the longer we stayed we became enamored with the unique high ceilings and modest furnishings. The bed was comfortable and the linens were fresh. The bathroom was clean and functional. The staff was very helpful and the continental breakfast was enjoyable. Lake Michigan is only two blocks away and we enjoyed the view from the North Shore trail.If we ever get back to Chicago we plan to stay here again.
5 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
This neighborhood hotel is convenient to downtown via cab or car. The staff was overwhelmingly amazing, however the building is a bit a dated. Which I guess, gives it its charm.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Like it should be"
Great older hotel with the character you would expect
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"Overnight stay"
A great nights stay, very clean and comfortable. The agent Juilieta was very accommodating and respectable. It was fantastic.
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
"Quaint and quiet hotel near Wrigleyville (Chi)"
Quiet quaint hotel off the beaten path. Only drawback is no in-house kitchen. Helpful and friendly staff.
Juni
"We'll be back."
Pleasant quiet boutique hotel in a quiet neighborhood. A short walk to Halstead.
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
I stayed in Chicago for 6 days, for a conference and had a wonderfull time at the Majestic. The hotel is in a residential and very safe neighbourhood, close to Lincoln park. The best quality of the hotel is the very nice staff, welcoming, very helpful and friendly. The "lobby" is actually like a living room, with a (real !)fire burning in the fire place, comfortable chairs, books, newspapers and boardgames, free fruits and tea and coffee 24/7. This is the rare hotel everyone should stay in (that is if you like the smaller, more personal ones) I will defenitely stay here again if I visit Chicago.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Really helpful staff. Great hotel, would definitely stay there again. Nice little sitting room with fireplace and couches as well as a table to eat the complementary continental breakfast at. Hard-boiled eggs, fruit, juice, coffee, pastries, cereal. About 20 minute ride to Midway. Very satisfied!
2 night trip Oct 14, 2014
June
Great little hotel. Very clean and the staff was super super friendly! We would definitely stay there again.
4 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Ryan
"Change in Management?"
I stayed at this hotel before and due to the stellar service I returned. This trip was opposite from my first trip. The day shift was again outstanding! But when it came to one person one the evening shift, it was obvious he had a different opinion as to what hotel service should be. When I checked in, I had a problem with the temperature of the room, and he could care less. He was rude, and it was as though customers were a bother. The day shift was opposite! They cared and was very proactive to please customers! A new manager is being hired and hopefully the hotel will go back to its former outstanding service and splendor! One last point, the breakfast is outstanding. It offers a variety of choices and the breakfast manager takes pride in making sure each breakfast was perfect! His work is notable in the breakfasts you get!
4 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
Janet
"Not what I expected"
The hotel was very nice, but the room was way smaller than I expected. That was only downside for me. Otherwise the location is great, the neighborhood was very nice. El train accessible.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Mini vacation"
The staff was very helpful and the location is perfect for wrigley field. Rooms are clean s little on the small side but for the price it was great room.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
Tammy
"very nice"
very nice rooms need updating but very friendly staffgene
4 night trip Sep 18, 2014
gene
"Family weekend in Chicago"
I booked this hotel due to its proximity to Wrigley Field as we planned to go to a game on Saturday. I arrived Friday and requested an early check in which they guaranteed for $30. I thought this was a great idea and well worth it. We were able to get in at 11am! We came with our 2 year old son and booked a King Sun Room suite which is a large room with a king sized bed and a room off of that with a sofa and TV and the pack and play that we requested. The room was very clean, bright and felt new, especially for being one in a pre-war hotel. The receptionist checking us in was so great about early check in. Jesse who is part of the housekeeping staff happened to be in the hall and helped us with our bags. The GM was ever present and friendly, chatting with everyone and personally saw to our request that the room was cleaned before our son's 1pm nap. Overall, the atmosphere was cozy and family friendly, and quiet while maintaining privacy for its guests.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
MC
"majestic hotel"
great hotel...excellent location....staff was pleasant and helpful...would definately stay there again
5 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"Gem!"
This is a cute boutique hotel in the Lakewood area. It is close to Lincoln Park Zoo and Wrigley Field, as well as all of the bars and restaurants along the way. The room was awesome and came with a continental breakfast. The bed was super comfy and it was nice to have a mini fridge (stocked) as well as an empty one in case you wanted something they didn't have on hand. There are a few grocery stores nearby so you can get a good bottle of wine or six pack for cheap. I will definitely stay here again if my travels bring me back to Chicago.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Jenna
"Majestic is the bomb"
Such a fantastically warm and welcoming staff. The rooms are charming and on the old side, but they capture the spirit of the neighborhood, and we felt right at home. Fun to be able to walk to Wrigley for a Cubs game.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
"Great location and staff!"
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the majestic. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially Dan who was especially accommodating . The hotel's decor made me think of the phrase "old world elegance," from the beautiful lobby dining area to our comfy robes hanging in our room. We loved the fact that we could walk to watch the sunrise over Lake Michigan and to watch a ball game at Wrigley Field. There were a lot of great casual dining spots in the lovely surrounding neighborhood.
2 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Joyce K.
"Quaint hotel walking distance to Wrigley"
Staff was great! Not too many amenities at hotel but very nice and close to many great attractions.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"Charming inn for Wrigley games"
We chose the Majestic hotel for its closeness to Wrigley. It turned out to be much more than we expected. Built in 1926, it's in good condition, with great charm. Our room was small but adequate, they have a complimentary continental breakfast and 24/7 coffee, a wonderful staff who alerted us to a great river & lake tour and gave us travel tips. The neighborhood is quiet, great for walking. If you need luxury, this is not your place, but if you love down-to-earth hominess, give it a try!
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Joan
"Will be back...."
Excellent boutique hotel in the Lakeview area (10 mins walk from Wrigley), easy access to buses and trains that take you south into the Downtown core, numerous restaurants nearby, service was phenomenal, good selction for breakfast, room was comfortable. Only minor drawback is the hotel is older, but it's very well taken care of......will be back!
4 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2014
Stevie T
"Quiet Neighborhood Retreat"
I enjoyed my 1 night stay at the Majestic Hotel. When I checked in the front desk workers told me about the free tea and coffee and that there would be cookies available in an hour. At that time they also told me when I could get breakfast the next morning. The front desk staff was also helpful in telling me where I could access public transit. My room was clean and the temperature was very comfortable. Although the price was more than what I expected it was still a pleasant experience.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Nicole
"Convenient"
We enjoyed our stay at the Majestic. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was a short distance to beautiful Lakeshore Drive and close to Wrigley Field
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Over 65
"Cubs Game"
My wife and I went there for a cubs game. Less than a mile walk to Wrigley. If you are staying there for any other purpose I would advise looking elsewhere. The room was smaller than a closet and there was nothing but a 19" Tv made available in our room for downtime.
Response by The Majestic Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us during your most recent stay when visiting Chicago. I'am sorry to read your room did not meet your expectations. We have 23 suites that are very spacious with a separate sitting area outside the bedroom, that we will be glad to hold one for you the next time visiting Wrigley. We look forward to the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future. Sincerely, Keith E. Scott Regional Manager broughtonHOTELS
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Stayed overnight for a Cub's game. The ease of parking (for a cost of course) at the hotel & walking to the game was great. Place is older for sure, but beautiful and well-kept. Service was friendly and prompt. Will stay here again - highly recommend!
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"Girl's Trip for a Cubs Game"
We really enjoyed our stay. We've previously stayed down Michigan Avenue near The Bean, etc., so staying here so that we could walk to Wrigley was a new experience in a different part of town than we've ever stayed in before. We loved the neighborhood - walked down a few blocks for lunch, then came back to get ready & walked to Wrigley for the night game. We were tickled with the stocked mini bar and snacks - GREAT prices! It was so convenient, we were able to have a pre-game drink & then post-game snack without feeling like we were getting jipped. It was a little pricey, but though the building is old, the rooms are fairly updated, and with the overall experience being great, I don't mind the splurge. The room was a little small too - if you have more than 2 people, you'd feel cramped. Overall great - we'll come again!
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
MJ
"A walk away from Chicago's south shore"
Great service and very nice people running the Hotel. Room was very small, probably typical of these old hotels. Within walking distance to ballpark.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Constantine
"Close to the location we wanted to go to"
This is great hotel. A bit pricy but overall great location.
3 night trip with friends Aug 6, 2014
Dallas Visitor
"Excellent!"
We stayed here for two nights. The staff was wonderful, the common areas are very cozy and always have tea and coffee for guests. The location is excellent, close enough to Lakeview craziness but sufficiently removed from all the noise. Room was very clean and comfortable. Thank you!
2 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Nadia
It was just right for us - the hotel was charming, clean and in a great neighborhood. The front desk was friendly and helpful. We look forward to our next stay here!
1 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Jody
"Nice hotel close to the beach, Wrigley Field, etc."
Nice hotel, pleasant staff, nicecontinental breakfast in a nice area of town close to many attractions, including the Lake front, Michigan Avenue, Wrigley Field and many restaurants and pubs. Have stayed there twice and would stay again, especially now that the breakfast area has been upgraded.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Mark and Joanne
Great place to stay when coming from out if town. My kids and I loved it!!
2 night trip Jul 28, 2014
Michele
"Old world charm"
Walking distance to Wrigley Field. Hotel management and staff were amazing! The mattresses were not very comfortable. We had to change rooms because the first mattress severely dipped in the middle. The second room was a little better.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
llsu
"Majestic Hotel"
Overall the hotel was ok. It's in a cute neighborhood and is a short walk to Wrigley. It's a bit overpriced for what you get. The room was very small, but that wasn't a huge deal as we were hardly in it. The air conditioning was very loud and ran most of the time, and the room was still warm and stuffy. However, the staff was friendly and the location convenient. I'd probably stay there again if it's one of the more affordable options available.
Response by The Majestic Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us during your most recent visit to Chicago to see a Cubs game at Wrigley. While we are delighted to hear you enjoyed the service you received from our Team Members and our location, we were disappointed to learn of the issues you were having with the air conditioner. We appreciate hearing your feedback as an opportunity to improve our services and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Sincerely, Keith E. Scott Regional Manager broughtonHOTELS
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
V
"Wrigley Anniversary trip"
Cool hotel with super reasonable mini bar. Service was excellent. 10 min walk to Wrigley.
1 night romance trip Jul 22, 2014
Jill
"Perfect stay for baseball!!"
Great neighborhood, close to train. Stay here, park your car for a few days, and hit both parks easily.
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
"Only if I'm desperate."
Had to park in a lot 1 1/2 blocks away and got charged $30. Our bedroom at home was bigger than this room. When my wife saw a centipede run across the floor in the morning, that was it. We got out of there as quickly as possible. I will say the staff was very friendly and helpful. Another perk was it's within walking distance to Wrigley field.
Response by The Majestic Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us on your most recent visit to Chicago. I'm sorry we could not accommodate your vehicle in one of our 2 garages next to the hotel that have a clearance of 6ft, which is why you were sent to the parking lot a block and a half away to accommodate the size of your vehicle. We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future. Sincerely, Keith E. Scott Regional Manager broughtonHOTELS
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
Terry
"Unexpected Relaxation"
Chicago is a wonderful city but I don't expect to relax when visiting. It's too crazy busy. However, The Majestic was calming upon arrival. It's tucked away on a residential street. You don't see it until you're there. The staff is welcoming and helpful. They actually ask if you need something. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I had a view of the alley but I didn't book for a view. I heard better views were available for a price. The hotel is charming. It is an older building but very nicely maintained. Oddly, for a creaky building I slept very well. Highly recommended.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
SJH
"Great little hotel"
Nice place and a perfect location if you want something in the neighborhoods of Chicago. Easy walking to Lakeview and Lincoln Park sites, restaurants, etc. Excellent staff. Room was a little small, but truly fine. Had a maintenance item that was taken care of immediately. We will be back!
3 night trip Jul 2, 2014
Cindy
"Quaint"
Had a wonderful night, we will be back
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Len
"Majestic Hotel"
Very nice hotel walking distance from El, lakefront park, and shops and restaurants on Halsted St. Very pleasant staff and coffee is free in the break room all day.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Nice but older style accomodation"
The hotel was OK, nicely situated close to boystown. The hotel is quite old and also the rooms and decor, its has on old world charm but the photos on the web site make it look in better condition than it is.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Martin
"Old but nice"
This is a historic old hotel within walking distance to Wrigley Field. The room is nice enough, same with the staff, and other amenities. Parking doesn't exist unless you use their suggested parking garage at a daily rate. But it was close enough and reasonable enough considering it is in a big city. My only complaint/issue is the building is an OLD wood framed building. The floor of the room above me was creaking anytime the person moved or took a step. They woke up early (5 am) and took a solid hour to get ready and head out. That entire hour it was impossible to sleep the creaks were so loud. BUT - that isn't easily controllable by hotel staff so no sense in making a fuss.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Charming - great location"
Our second stay at the Majestic. It's a charming, nicely kept older building in a great location for fans of Wrigley Field and Boystown alike. One warning: the single queen room is too small for 2 people. We upgraded to a suite and it was well worth it.
2 night trip Jun 22, 2014