All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
528 W Brompton Ave, Chicago, IL, 60657, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Uptown Secret!"
Recently stayed one saturday night on a weekend getaway before the blizzard came through. We couldnt have asked for a better hotel or location for the value. Staff was friendly, rooms were very clean and classy, and the location is minutes from anything you need.
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
Brent
"One Night Stay"
This was a 1 night stay while in town visiting family. The hotel staff was excellent and very friendly. The location was perfect for us as we need to go to Roscoe Village. The room was small, but very nicely maintained and clean. Overall it was a great stay and would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Great for a quick get-a-way"
Great hotel in nice neighborhood. Perfect for a quick getaway. Staff very helpful.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
Gregory
Great location very clean room. The staff was very accommodating and helpful.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Enjoyable Stay"
Enjoyed our stay. Nice restaurants and shops within walking distance. Short taxi ride to Aragon Ballroom. Comfortable breakfast lobby room. Fee parking nearby around block, but we found street parking down street. Found hotel employees to be very friendly and helpful
2 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
"Beautiful hotel in the heart of old Chicago"
The hotel has a beautiful façade and lovely reception area as you walk in. many original features remain from the Victorian building. The staff were super friendly and the room was lovely. The bed was very tough to get out of requiring a call from reception to get me moving!! Lovely Mona very friendly and lightheartedly agreed my late check out and was extremely helpful. Having left my bags and walking up the old wide avenues, I found the hotel to be just 5 minutes away from a bustling bar, café, restaurant and club district. Very vibrant area. I will absolutely stay here next time I am this way and will be telling my mates the same.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Royston
"It is a great little hotel with neighborhood feel"
The hotel is great, well ran, and clean. It is an older building though so make sure to get a room on the top floor, so guests above you don't distupt your stay.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Majestic Hotel is nice"
It is an older hotel that is well maintained. Rooms are smaller because it is an older hotel but they are very comfortable. Room above us started playing techno music at 3:45 am and I called the front desk and it was promptly handled. Would stay there again.
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
Jane
"Location near Lincoln square / and wrigley"
Great boutique hotel, roomy and good choices for breakfast in the small and quaint library/ fireplace room. My second stay! staff very helpful and friendly!
1 night romance trip Jan 29, 2015
"Our stay at the Majestic"
We went to visit last week. The hotel is right next door to our daughters apartment building so it was extremely convenient. Its location is just a short walk to Lake Michigan lake front and park areas. It is cozy and has charm in its architecture since being built during the 1920's. Expect to find some minor imperfection due to its age. No onsite parking but it is easy getting cabs or buses to get around the city. Fully stocked mini bar in room. The hotel is on a one-way street off Lake Shore which is a major thorough fare running parallel to the lake and it is very difficult to find parking if you did have a car. The neighborhood has many restaurants and places to see entertainment like the Laugh Factory within walking distance and only minutes by taxi. I found the taxi service very good and you can conveniently use credit or debit cards in the cabs without ever exchanging any cash. For those with smart phones hailing a cab and paying for it using an app is very convenient also. The hotel staff were very cordial, professional and responsive to our needs while we were there. Overall, we would recommend this hotel and would stay again if we return to visit our daughter simply for it close proximity to her apartment. We were able to obtain a good price for the room for our stay by using Hotels.com. This is a good website that I've used in the past with good results.
5 night romance trip Jan 20, 2015
AGAPITO
"Very pleasant small gold-coast hotel"
This is a great hotel for a visit to Chicago over a weekend - it is pretty far north of the Loop and the Michigan Avenue shopping area, but those areas are generally dead or weird on the weekends. Broadway and Belmont is a nearby intersection that is probably the center of an ugly Boystown part of Chicago, but a couple of blocks further away are great restaurants and venues for entertainment. The rooms are comfortable; mine was a little dark, but otherwise very nice - and a plus, the mini-bar has everything, and the prices are like normal deli level, not a rip off. The flat screen TV was with satellite, with the usual stations. Runners' Note! This is a great place to stay if you want to go for a fantastic run along the lake - it is about a block to the park right on the water, and you can probably get a prime ten miles in, with fresh lake Michigan air despite being in Chicago. (I used to run past here every day when i lived in Chicago.) Taxis to anywhere in town and bus lines to downtown are right on the corner.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Drew
"Disappointment except for the lobby/fireplace."
After reading positive reviews of this hotel, we were sorely disappointed. The rooms (and we changed 3 times) smelled musty and old, and they looked old. The only good thing about them was the beds, which were quite comfortable. The hotel needs updating and a good, deep clean. The one great thing about the hotel is the lobby area, which has a fireplace and comfortable seating. We spent a lot of time there (because we weren't comfortable in our room) and liked it a great deal. Great neighborhood, but I wouldn't stay in this hotel again.
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
Great location although parking is 3 blocks away.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"outstanding"
The rooms are nice and the hotel staff was absolutely amazing. They are very accommodating and it's obvious that they love their jobs..
2 night romance trip Jan 7, 2015
Kayla
"Pleasantly surprised!"
If you're looking for a 'homey' atmosphere instead of the sterile hotel one, this is a good choice. Our check-in clerk was very nice....really all that we dealt with were. Besides the 3 flight climb anytime we left and came back, we truly enjoyed our stay. The size of our king suite was great. Especially the 'living room' area with it's own tv. We used the parking garage one night of our stay and was lucky enough to find street parking for the other. We would definitely make this choice the next time we decided to stay in the Lakeview area.
2 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
DEBRA
"Stay here"
Great visit!
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Alan
"Small but nice"
Really nice just really small everything was fine just a very small room and no fan in the bathroom..there was a window but when it's freezing out that didn't really help much
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Zach
"weekend getaway"
nice getaway good part of town king sweet was big
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2014
"Cool hotel, friendly & helpful staff"
My girlfriend & I went out for a night on the town & stayed at the Majestic. Jordan at the desk did a great job recommending places to go & got us headed in the right direction. The room was small, but clean & the bed super comfy! The prices at the mini-bar were unbelievably reasonable. The breakfast room was simply lovely & continental breakfast was decent -- excellent coffee!
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Overnight at the Majestic"
enjoyed a quick overnight getaway to Chicago
1 night romance trip Dec 15, 2014
Great! Perfect location for what we needed. Staff very friendly!
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Everything was wonderful besides the parking. The parking garage was under construction when we arrived, but the hotel manager waived our $22.00 fee because of the inconvience.
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
Tara
"Warm Welcome"
Very friendly staff and enjoyable continental breakfast.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Nice Hotel in a very nice neighborhood"
My Girlfriend and I were happy with this hotel and glad to be withing walking distance of the Vic Theatre where we were going for a show. There were also several great places to eat nearby and the neighborhood was just nice to walk through..
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Good Alternative to Downtown Hotels"
Located in a lovely neighborhood just a convenient bus ride to downtown we enjoyed our stay and would return. I travelled with my sisters to Chicago to look for a wedding dress for my niece. This hotel is reasonably priced alternative to the downtown hotels. The staff was excellent and gave great recommendations for getting around and restaurants. Nice breakfast every morning and a chat with Dan provided a nice start to everyday. Would stay here again.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
"First Chicago Visit"
Our initial impression of the Majestic was underwhelming, however the longer we stayed we became enamored with the unique high ceilings and modest furnishings. The bed was comfortable and the linens were fresh. The bathroom was clean and functional. The staff was very helpful and the continental breakfast was enjoyable. Lake Michigan is only two blocks away and we enjoyed the view from the North Shore trail.If we ever get back to Chicago we plan to stay here again.
5 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
This neighborhood hotel is convenient to downtown via cab or car. The staff was overwhelmingly amazing, however the building is a bit a dated. Which I guess, gives it its charm.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Like it should be"
Great older hotel with the character you would expect
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"Overnight stay"
A great nights stay, very clean and comfortable. The agent Juilieta was very accommodating and respectable. It was fantastic.
1 night romance trip Nov 17, 2014
"Quaint and quiet hotel near Wrigleyville (Chi)"
Quiet quaint hotel off the beaten path. Only drawback is no in-house kitchen. Helpful and friendly staff.
Juni
"We'll be back."
Pleasant quiet boutique hotel in a quiet neighborhood. A short walk to Halstead.
1 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
I stayed in Chicago for 6 days, for a conference and had a wonderfull time at the Majestic. The hotel is in a residential and very safe neighbourhood, close to Lincoln park. The best quality of the hotel is the very nice staff, welcoming, very helpful and friendly. The "lobby" is actually like a living room, with a (real !)fire burning in the fire place, comfortable chairs, books, newspapers and boardgames, free fruits and tea and coffee 24/7. This is the rare hotel everyone should stay in (that is if you like the smaller, more personal ones) I will defenitely stay here again if I visit Chicago.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Really helpful staff. Great hotel, would definitely stay there again. Nice little sitting room with fireplace and couches as well as a table to eat the complementary continental breakfast at. Hard-boiled eggs, fruit, juice, coffee, pastries, cereal. About 20 minute ride to Midway. Very satisfied!
2 night trip Oct 14, 2014
June
Great little hotel. Very clean and the staff was super super friendly! We would definitely stay there again.
4 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Ryan
"Change in Management?"
I stayed at this hotel before and due to the stellar service I returned. This trip was opposite from my first trip. The day shift was again outstanding! But when it came to one person one the evening shift, it was obvious he had a different opinion as to what hotel service should be. When I checked in, I had a problem with the temperature of the room, and he could care less. He was rude, and it was as though customers were a bother. The day shift was opposite! They cared and was very proactive to please customers! A new manager is being hired and hopefully the hotel will go back to its former outstanding service and splendor! One last point, the breakfast is outstanding. It offers a variety of choices and the breakfast manager takes pride in making sure each breakfast was perfect! His work is notable in the breakfasts you get!
4 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
Janet
"Not what I expected"
The hotel was very nice, but the room was way smaller than I expected. That was only downside for me. Otherwise the location is great, the neighborhood was very nice. El train accessible.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Mini vacation"
The staff was very helpful and the location is perfect for wrigley field. Rooms are clean s little on the small side but for the price it was great room.
1 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
Tammy
"very nice"
very nice rooms need updating but very friendly staffgene
4 night trip Sep 18, 2014
gene
"Family weekend in Chicago"
I booked this hotel due to its proximity to Wrigley Field as we planned to go to a game on Saturday. I arrived Friday and requested an early check in which they guaranteed for $30. I thought this was a great idea and well worth it. We were able to get in at 11am! We came with our 2 year old son and booked a King Sun Room suite which is a large room with a king sized bed and a room off of that with a sofa and TV and the pack and play that we requested. The room was very clean, bright and felt new, especially for being one in a pre-war hotel. The receptionist checking us in was so great about early check in. Jesse who is part of the housekeeping staff happened to be in the hall and helped us with our bags. The GM was ever present and friendly, chatting with everyone and personally saw to our request that the room was cleaned before our son's 1pm nap. Overall, the atmosphere was cozy and family friendly, and quiet while maintaining privacy for its guests.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
MC
"majestic hotel"
great hotel...excellent location....staff was pleasant and helpful...would definately stay there again
5 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"Gem!"
This is a cute boutique hotel in the Lakewood area. It is close to Lincoln Park Zoo and Wrigley Field, as well as all of the bars and restaurants along the way. The room was awesome and came with a continental breakfast. The bed was super comfy and it was nice to have a mini fridge (stocked) as well as an empty one in case you wanted something they didn't have on hand. There are a few grocery stores nearby so you can get a good bottle of wine or six pack for cheap. I will definitely stay here again if my travels bring me back to Chicago.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Jenna
"Majestic is the bomb"
Such a fantastically warm and welcoming staff. The rooms are charming and on the old side, but they capture the spirit of the neighborhood, and we felt right at home. Fun to be able to walk to Wrigley for a Cubs game.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2014
"Great location and staff!"
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the majestic. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially Dan who was especially accommodating . The hotel's decor made me think of the phrase "old world elegance," from the beautiful lobby dining area to our comfy robes hanging in our room. We loved the fact that we could walk to watch the sunrise over Lake Michigan and to watch a ball game at Wrigley Field. There were a lot of great casual dining spots in the lovely surrounding neighborhood.
2 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Joyce K.
"Quaint hotel walking distance to Wrigley"
Staff was great! Not too many amenities at hotel but very nice and close to many great attractions.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
"Charming inn for Wrigley games"
We chose the Majestic hotel for its closeness to Wrigley. It turned out to be much more than we expected. Built in 1926, it's in good condition, with great charm. Our room was small but adequate, they have a complimentary continental breakfast and 24/7 coffee, a wonderful staff who alerted us to a great river & lake tour and gave us travel tips. The neighborhood is quiet, great for walking. If you need luxury, this is not your place, but if you love down-to-earth hominess, give it a try!
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
Joan
"Will be back...."
Excellent boutique hotel in the Lakeview area (10 mins walk from Wrigley), easy access to buses and trains that take you south into the Downtown core, numerous restaurants nearby, service was phenomenal, good selction for breakfast, room was comfortable. Only minor drawback is the hotel is older, but it's very well taken care of......will be back!
4 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2014
Stevie T
"Quiet Neighborhood Retreat"
I enjoyed my 1 night stay at the Majestic Hotel. When I checked in the front desk workers told me about the free tea and coffee and that there would be cookies available in an hour. At that time they also told me when I could get breakfast the next morning. The front desk staff was also helpful in telling me where I could access public transit. My room was clean and the temperature was very comfortable. Although the price was more than what I expected it was still a pleasant experience.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Nicole
"Convenient"
We enjoyed our stay at the Majestic. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was a short distance to beautiful Lakeshore Drive and close to Wrigley Field
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Over 65
"Cubs Game"
My wife and I went there for a cubs game. Less than a mile walk to Wrigley. If you are staying there for any other purpose I would advise looking elsewhere. The room was smaller than a closet and there was nothing but a 19" Tv made available in our room for downtime.
Response by The Majestic Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us during your most recent stay when visiting Chicago. I'am sorry to read your room did not meet your expectations. We have 23 suites that are very spacious with a separate sitting area outside the bedroom, that we will be glad to hold one for you the next time visiting Wrigley. We look forward to the opportunity to restore your confidence in the near future. Sincerely, Keith E. Scott Regional Manager broughtonHOTELS
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Stayed overnight for a Cub's game. The ease of parking (for a cost of course) at the hotel & walking to the game was great. Place is older for sure, but beautiful and well-kept. Service was friendly and prompt. Will stay here again - highly recommend!
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014