All hotels in Guanica, Puerto Rico
Road 333 Km 6.5, Guanica, 00653, Puerto Rico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Great with kids"
Our family (two kids, 1 and 5) spent 10 days at the Resort and we had a great time! The hotel is very spacious, clean, quiet and well kept. It has beautiful gardens, two swimming pools, a kiddie pool and two hot tubs. The staff was very friendly with us and especially with the kids. Every day, we went hiking in the nearby Dry Forest and we enjoyed the pool and the beach in the afternoon. Boats (paddle boats, kayaks, etc.) are also available. We had rented a car and were glad we did so because the Resort is in the middle of nowhere and its 2 restaurants are quite pricey. So it was nice to drive to the closest village and eat out. Also, we needed to drive to the starting point of the different trails in the forest.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Vero
I like the hotel is beautiful, quiet and excellent for couple, is located in a place with a great view and the staff offer a deal that you feel comfortable.
Other trip Dec 24, 2014
Ilmary
"Copamarina"
This hotel is hard to find. The scenery is lovely. The restaurant at hotel is very pricey. Overall wonderful experience.
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
n
"Nice hotel lousy location"
In the middle of nowhere. No other restaurants or attractions anywhere nearby. The beach is beautiful but too shallow warm reedy and waveless to enjoy. The hyped tripto Gilligans Island ($8pp) was a waste of time and had no good snorkeling. Only good hotel if you just want to look at the beautiful beach and read a book in silence. Trip to Guánica Dry, Forest was pleasant but in remarkable. No views or wildlife to see.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
stewart
"Nice hotel but food quality poor for a resort"
While the overall look of the place is nice, there are minor things about this place which irritated me. Our rooms were assigned to the second floor, but there was no elevator to carry the bags up. You have to get help to bring them to the room. The rooms are quite nice, but the beds were strangely uncomfortable. I woke up the next day with cramps in my neck and shoulder pain. It became so worse the second day that I had to rush to the ER to get treated. Particularly the food choice is poor. The service staff is nice but the food (worse because I am vegetarian) came smelling like meat. The eggs for breakfast were greasy and the choice of vegetarian entrees poor. By the second day, I was just sick of the food and wanted to leave. The pools are quite nice and the location by the ocean is great. Because of my neck sprain, we did not do any of the activities that we had planned to do so I cannot comment on the proximity to Gilligan's Island or dry forest.
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
Anony
"Friendly hotel for kids"
Nice experience in Copamarina. The hotel staff was so good
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"Romantic 30th anniversary!"
We went to the Copamarina for our 30th anniversary. The place is beautiful. Landscape invites you to stay! Our ocean front room was very clean, roomy and the view was a dream. Even though the place had a lot of guests, we did not feel cramped and was very quiet. The staff was very friendly and eager to help. One thing we really enjoyed was the night ambiance. The lighting in the resort was perfect, no "stadium high lights"...everything was romantic. We will be visiting in the summer with our children. The location is great because it is very close to other places of interest. Will definitely recommend! A+ service.
2 night romance trip Nov 21, 2014
Gaspar
"Excelent view. Magnificent meals."
Fantastic! I would definitely come back. The food was great, the service was wonderful and the facilities are amazing.
Elvin
"Great Stay in mid November!"
Overall I give 5 stars for this hotel. We (my wife and two kids under 5 yo) spent two nights there. We had a wonderful time. More than 2 hours driving from airport is tiring but if you want to spend time rural part quietly, you should visit here. I was happy about the hotel fee too. Beach is very clean and everything is photogenic. Not many people out there at that time. Short trip to the small island (Gilligans island) using ferry is MUST (8 dollars round ticket for adult is worth it). Crystal clear water and mangrove are everywhere. Waves are super calm and we enjoy hammocking, snokeling and jumping into water from the brunches of mangrove. You should bring your water and food there. There are some grills and tables too. If you want to do some bbqs, I think you could. I wish I did kayaking there too. Room is clean and not super fancy but ok. Room has refrigerator which is helpful. I did not eat in their restaurants but should be good. There are some restaurants and supermarket in 5 miles driving area.
"razonable"
environmental causes lack adequate music
2 night romance trip Nov 11, 2014
Luis M
"A jewel off the beaten path"
We went for a couple's getaway and had a wonderful time. The staff was very friendly and the hotel is beautifully kept. Nearby Gilligan's Island is a must, crystal clear water and plenty of shade. Outside the hotel, Guánica's bay is just beautiful.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Liana
"great hotel away from city,"
very nice stay, nothing else to add because stay was very short,
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
luis
Very nice hotel woul recomend to anyone
1 night romance trip Oct 20, 2014
yashira
"Great get away."
Loved our get away. Lovely resort, friendly staff and amazing beach views. We're definitely going back. Thank you .
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
carlos
Outstanding` Wheel chair accessible.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Jorge Castro
"great!!"
Great. I will definitely go again!
1 night romance trip Oct 14, 2014
"A place to relax, not to party"
If you are looking to get away from it all, this is the place for you. The grounds are georgeous and the hotel is spread out which is nice because it never seems that crowded, even when there are a lot of people there. The rooms are decent and clean but nothing spectacular. The view from most of the rooms, however is great. There are plenty of activities to do on the hotel grounds and taking the little Ferry to Gilligan's Island is a must.
3 night trip Oct 2, 2014
"Above and beyond what we expected."
Just right. Awesome
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
Ramirez
"Beautiful location doesnt justify terrible service"
I'm a glass half full type of person, I really am. With that said, Copamarina has a beautiful spread in a gorgeous location. Unfortunately, though, this hotel really falls short in the customer service department. Waiting nearly 2 hours for a blanket for my child after 5 phone calls to the front desk is just plain unacceptable. That is just one example on a long list of inadequacies in customer service. I suppose Copamarina figures they have a great location and impressive facilities, therefore they can be absent in the care of their guests. If you want to feel like you matter and are important this is definitely not the hotel for you. If you don't mind spending a lot of money to be treated like crap, Copamarina is the place to go.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
dissapointed
"Quiet, relaxing, romantic"
Fourth time I stayed at copamarina, same relaxing experience that keeps me coming back. Not too crowed, lovely ocean view, gardens, and pool areas
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"Good, relaxing experience, beautiful environment!"
It was in general a good experience. A little bit far away from other good areas but I was able to relax myself and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. Some details would have made the stay even better, like fixing the air extractor from the bathroom (it was not functional and very rusty), I called room service to fix the security box but they never showed up to take care of it (batteries were dead), and during check in, I got a room number in the keys and a different room number on the papers. Took me some time to figure out which one was the correct room. Breakfast is quite expensive for a family. Should have more options. Minor details that are important when you want to get a close to perfect vacations or what you paid for.
3 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
"Away from civilization"
This is my third time staying at the Copamarina Hotel. Copamarina is secluded and you need a car to get around. It is an oasis, clean, quiet, manicured lawns and a very friendly staff. The restaurant and bar are well staffed and the food is good. The rooms are big and very clean. The beach is clean and the water crystal clear. It is worth every penny.
3 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Sophie
"Great family resort"
We stayed 5 days, 4 nights at the Copamarina. We absolutely did not want the resort scene where there are seven resorts packed onto a two mile stretch of beach, so we were very pleased to be on the south side of the island. The resort is lovely. It's away from the crowds but not isolated. We had a car and drove to Ponce and the Cabo Roja area to see more sights, but really enjoyed our time at the resort sailing the catamarans and kayaking. The beach isn't swimmable, but it is right next to a large beach that is. We ate breakfasts and dinners at the resort for a comparable price to restaurants (not fast food) in the city, but the setting was much nicer than any we'd have found out and about. Staff was friendly and helpful - we had a great time!
4 night family trip Aug 11, 2014
Carrie D
"Great Family Vacation"
Beautiful view of the beach with easy access to multiple pools. Great for relaxing for a few days. Excellent piña colada for chilling by the water.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"Wonderful hotel in a beautiful setting."
We had a great experience. Our only disappointment was that the restaurant, Alexandra's was not open during our stay.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
"family visit"
Stayed at Copamarina resort last week(7/19-7/24/2014) was very satisfied with the hotel, liked the beach on the property, and the atmosphere was very tranquil. The on site restaurant was very good, and the staff were pleasant and very attentive. The only thing which I found to be a bit of a wait was the check-out process. It took about 20-25 minutes, and the reason I think it took so long was that there were only 2 resort staff members present and the line was quickly building up. Otherwise my sty was pleasant. One last note, the resort is a bit out on its own, if your looking to be close to walking distance form shops and stores you need to drive to where ever your going.
5 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Felix L.
Nice spot that is off the beaten path. Comfortable accommodations. Bar service while poolside is quite slow.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"beautiful property, but needs better service"
The location is a bit removed but lovely. Beautiful scenic surroundings and very peaceful. Restaurant food was also very good. However, the front desk needs help, my check in process was not handled very well, room was not ready when I arrived after 3 p.m. the normal check in time - had to wait an hour. The property itself is beautiful - landscaping very nice and views incredible. Staff need better customer service training, however.
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2014
"Close to the Beach, Giligan Island"
Far away Hotel, Relax. The food is good and the staff is very good.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Beautiful resort on the beach."
The sand on the beach is a little sticky, as others have reported, but it's not bad. Everything else is exceptional. When driving there, it seems like you are in the middle of nowhere. But after driving down this long windy road, you come to this beautiful resort. My wife and I are divers and the divemaster, Luis, was exceptional. Make sure he tells you the joke about the rooster. This is truly an undiscovered gem.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Rooms were not ready"
We arrived at 4:30 pm and our rooms were not ready. The were no curtains to block the sun. The facilities were good.
1 night business trip Jun 29, 2014
Maria
"Beautiful & relaxing place"
I spent 3 days at Copamarina with my husband and 17 months baby. This was our first time here, although we are from PR and have heard many good reviews of the hotel we didnt have the opportunity to went earlier. Our overall experience was good, the hotel is really quiet, relaxing and located in one of PR's beautiest coast. The staff is friendly and the place look very nice. My husband enjoyed the variety of water sports equipment for rental, my baby had a lot of fun at the pools, and beach areas which are very safe. The hotel offer daily trips to the Gilligan's Island which is an amazing natural reserve with cristaline waters. The food at the Palmas restaurant is excellent and with reasonable prices. My only complaint is that there were not enough staff at the hotel, the check in process was slow and it took almost an hour (4 pm) to give us the room keys, even though we arrive earlier and the hotel was not full. I will recommend also for the rooms to have a microwave as it will help families with children's. Last, i think there is an opportunity to improve the quality of the bedding sets, this will give the rooms a better rating. I will definetely come back, hoping these minor details get improved.
2 night family trip Jun 22, 2014
Miriam
Very nice, but needs clean details specially in the bathrooms! Bartender doenst know nothing about customer services. Even youngest waitress at palmas rest.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Over priced for what you get..."
The hotel room was not ready by 3:00pm which is when they advertise check in. They also messed up our reservation and had three adults (which I had to pay extra for) in a room with one king bed?? The resort is pretty but the staff is incompetent. They also did not remember to lock the door in between the rooms, so we had a drunk man walk into our room late at night from the connecting room. They add charges for everything, I've stayed at much better places for less. I would not recommend this place if you want to have a relaxing time because with the staff that works here nothing is easy.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Shannon
"Great Place To Stay!"
This resort was awesome. There is a nice bar and restaurant on site. The food was pricey, but worth it. The bar closes a bit early (10:30 p.m), but the wait staff was super and a very nice atmosphere. Additionally, there are waitresses who serve pool side. The rooms were great - clean, updated, and comfortable beds. The only complaint I would have was the area of the ocean located at the resort is grassy and not very many clear places. There are surrounding beaches within walking distance that are clear and grass free.
2 night trip with friends Jun 18, 2014
Kacie
"" Relaxing Paradise""
We had a wonderful stay, a perfect getaway.... didn't want to leave.. will return for a family vacation!
2 night romance trip Jun 15, 2014
JP
"So relax"
The hotel was really nice. Personel was friendly and helpful. The scenery was beautiful.
3 night family trip Jun 11, 2014
Gladys
the place was beautiful and great for my wife and I celebrating 9 years of marriage. The only problem we had was our toilet kept running all the time the staff was excellent and the setting is beautiful
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Water sport is good"
We enjoyed our stay. The pool is very nice. Restaurante food is very good.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Great Location, Not Great Service"
This hotel is in a great spot - amazing views of the ocean and the grounds are really nice and well-maintained. However, the service was subpar. When we checked in, it took 10 minutes for someone to even help us (even though there were 3 staff members behind the counter helping one other guest pick out a board game...). Service at the Las Palmas Resaturant was mixed - the first time we ate there, it took our waitress forever to bring us anything (even though you could see her chatting with the staff while our drinks sat on the bar, undelivered). The second time we ate there, we had a great waitress that was attentive and quick. My suggestion - watch the service from a distance for a couple of minutes and scope out what server you want. It will save you a couple hours/aggravation. Like other reviewers have mentioned, there is no other places to eat around the resort, so you will end up eating at the restaurant. Overall, I'd recommend this place, but have your patience pants on when dealing with some of the staff.
2 night romance trip Jun 8, 2014
"Would never stay in this place again"
Overpriced Old Has a beach but the beach is not good for swimming or even playing Got there, the first impression of the place is nice, scenic, the beach looked good, got a rate $140 per night. Went to eat at their restaurant and the only place they had open was on the outside, they do have a restaurant within the building but it only opens on weekends, this night was so darn hot, was extremely uncomfortable eating dinner like that but I was hungry I had to eat, but believe me, it was so uncomfortable The room I got looked good until midnight when the bathroom flooded, maintenance took forever to show up and turns out they did not have a maintenance man on duty and had to bring the dishwasher to actually clean the mess. They moved me to another room which was a lot smaller and not nearly as comfortable as what I had paid for, but I understand moving to another room late at, night you get what you get, but the biggest problem was the air, conditioner it was so loud and as tired as I was, had a very hard time finally falling asleep. The next day after I get back from working I decided to check out the beach, the place looks nice very scenic but I got into the water and for the first 50-60 feet Is very shallow, barely covering your ankles, and full of vegetation, holes, dips, just flat out not a good beach, you cannot swim, it's uncomfortable to walk on it, too shallow I was very happy to finally check out this place until I saw my bill, they had added $56 for the two nights I stay there. For something they call "resort fee". I asked them what in the world wars the resorts fee, they told me it was there for you beach and pool usage, towels etc. so my $ 140 x night turned onto hundred $ 178 per night plus taxes. This is highway robbery, this is a $ 80-100 x night hotel, and only because it's on the water Definitely do not recommend it at all
2 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
Art
"Restful!!!!"
Very attentive staff and the general theme was to make the guests comfortable and relaxed. The location was beautiful and tranquil...away from the hustle & bustle. Our one suggestion was to clean the seaweed from the swimming area. We would gladly visit this resort again.
3 night trip May 26, 2014
Frances and Chuck
"Nice, quiet place"
If you're looking for a nice hotel to get away from it all this is the place. No nightlife here though. Restaurant and bar staff provide great service but front desk personnel need to get off the phone and their handle their business. Pool needs to be expanded. They also need some type of security to keep non-guests that sneak from public beach to use pool.
2 night trip May 26, 2014
Tony
"Perfect for a gateaway and relaxing experience"
For me everything was perfect. I loved it
2 night trip May 22, 2014
"Nice hotel, secluded"
Relaxing, restaurant has great food, drinks ...way to expensive
Other trip May 20, 2014
ZEP
"THIS ISN'T AN ALL INCLUSIVE HOTEL"
I would of given this hotel 5 stars across the board if it wasnt for the fact that we called the hotel before booking our trip to confirm that the hotel was all inclusive and were lied to---we didn't find out that it is NOT an all inclusive resort until we arrived and began to check in. After some words were exchanged the staff did try and accommodate us.-- All of the above aside, it is a beautifully relaxing resort and I would recommend it to any one not looking for an all inclusive vacation.
Other trip May 13, 2014
Jessi
"PR in 6 days"
Hotel facility is nice. Food is over price. We received 2 free drinks tickets at arrival , we decided to use them in the morning. When we got to the restaurant to use the tickets they never offer us a seat. We stand and waited while some of the staff share pictures or something on a cell phone. Unable to use the beach. 6 Out of our 6 day stay we have to drive away from the hotel to go to the beach every day.
Other trip May 13, 2014
keith and
Had a great time and the weather was great. Definately would recommend resort to others.
Other trip May 8, 2014
"Hidden retreat"
We had a great time at the Copamarina Resort. The only negative aspects were that the air conditioning unit was loud, hotel is isolated from other things, and the beach is not necessarily swimmable. They also didn't accept all Credit Card types at the resort, which is a major negative. However, if your plans are to get away from everything and enjoy the resort throughout your stay, it is quite outstanding. Resort grounds were well-maintained with facilities, pools, restaurants, etc. The beach was a nice place to relax, although we wish we could swim from the shore - as the sea floor has grasses and rocks, which is not very swimmable. If the shore could be somehow cleaned up from seaweeds, this location would be absolutely perfect. Renting a kayak or a paddle boat was nice right from the resort property to take to Gilligan's islands and swim there or swim right from the paddle boat farther from the shore. Overall, very pleased with the hotel room and property itself. As for the beaches, we had a car rental and visited some of the best beaches in the area. Cabo Rojo beaches (e.g.: Playuela, Playa Sucia) were some of the closest better beaches available (besides Flamenco beach in Culebra, which was the best). If you have a car and want a great resort experience, this spot is for you - just plant to travel some. The beach is nice to relax, but swimming may require some travel to actual swim beaches. Great stay.
7 night romance trip Apr 28, 2014
"Caribbean Life"
The grounds were incredible and we plan to stay again our next trip
1 night trip Apr 22, 2014