All hotels in Boscobel, Jamaica
You can collect® Rewards nights here
A3, Ocho Rios, Boscobel, Saint Mary, Jamaica, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

"Great Time at Beaches Ocho Rios in Jamaica"
I traveled with my husband and two girls ages 9 & 10. We stayed in a "Greek Oceanfront Terrace Suite". We had a king bed and the girls slept on the couch pull out bed (It seemed comfortable). We had a great view of the ocean and there was minimal noise. We snorkled, kayaked and sailed on the Hobie Catamaran. The food was execellent at the buffet and the resturants. We ate at every resturant during our stay. You can't go wrong were ever you eat. The girls ate self serve ice cream and slushies all day from the snack bar. We spent time on the beach, the waterpark and the main pool daily. The kids took pictures with Elmo, Grover and Cookie Monster. It was a great family vacation.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
We booked two rooms with two double beds each and were given two rooms with king beds and a sofa bed. If I had known that in advance, we would have stayed elsewhere. Though the meals were sufficiently plentiful, the food quality (lunch and dinner) was mediocre at best. Still, the staff was fabulous.
Genuine guest review
4 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
"Hotel Coinsurer"
The entire hotel staff was amazing! Everyone overly friendly and accommodating. Gorgeous property
Other trip Jul 30, 2014

The following English reviews were posted by guests from other countries:

"Beaches Resort"
The resort staff were excellent. They were always friendly and helpful. The resort had a lot of activities for the children to take part in. The food was very good and there was a lot of variety to choose from. Our room was dreadful. The view out our patio door was a blue wall because our room was in the corner of the resort and we were sharing our patio with the next room. It caused our room to be dark because the sun did not shine in. You could also hear everything and anyone that was in the hallway.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club

"Do-able but over priced."
10/03/15 Michael M Wilson, Oklahoma
Wife, daughter and i went last year. Always have wanted to go to beaches just like sandals the diving is included. Price was way excessive for the quality and room size. Room was clean and size small for the price. Pinacoladas were good. Margarita was horrible. Coke was pretty flat. Food ok but lots of food we dont care for. Beach was nice but ive never been told that you cant get it the beach water knee deep after dark. Like 9 pm. I felt like a 6 year old getting in trouble from the start. Wife and i stayed at the sandals royal bohemian in nassua 2 years prior and never had a problem. Diving was good. Not much sea life. Never even saw a single star fish or jelly fish. Very few fish. Wife and daughter wanted to do the bananna boat ride so bad. They did it. It was not more than 1 lap, 1 minute worth and lame. Gardens were very nice. If it was half the price might go again but 6500 for 3 people, 2 people 7 nights and 1 for 5 nights was excessive for the quality. Long drive from airport also.
"Great property w/ even better service!"
10/03/15 Randy822 San Francisco, California
I spent 10 days at Beaches Ocho Rios and had the opportunity to get to know the staff very well. One waiter in particular went above and beyond at every single meal–Johnathan G. He was extremely professional and can provide recommendations for just about anything. All you have to do is ask! Most waiters/waitresses would deliver your food and leave you alone until you waive them down. However, Johnathan would come by and offer refills or drink recommendations. He didn't come by too much or too little. Johnathan is scheduled to work at multiple restaurants throughout the week. I knew that if he was at the restaurant I was eating, I would have a great meal. If I am able to come back to this resort, I will be sure to look for him when I am there! Before I left, I even had to take a photo with him because of how much of a positive impact he left on my experience at Beaches Ocho Rios!
"Our Beautiful Jamaican Wedding!!!"
10/02/15 cma9484 Magnolia, Delaware
My family and friends all travelled down for our Wedding. We went through Vacations by VIP and Jennifer made EVERYTHING so easy! Everything was set up prior to our arrival, so when we got there, it was easy to sit back relax and just wait for the wedding day! All of my guests were able to book with ease and she suggested a lot of additions that I never would have considered. Without her and her team, it would not have been nearly as beautiful. So to all the VIP team - THANK YOU times a million! Now to the resort.... Wow. I could write pages and pages on how amazing it was. We were told we went on a typically "slow time" but even then, the service was top notch. We had a group of 27 and not only were we all able to eat together most nights, but they all recognized us every day. Devon - THE MAN. Made each guest feel like he was their personal friend. His attention (remembering your favorite drink) and humor made the pool bar our favorite place in the resort. Thank you <3 Romerio, Dean, Richard, Cleveland and Garfield were all so genuine and friendly that we enjoyed just being in their area whenever possible. If they had a day off, we genuinely missed them and were glad to see them back the next day! We loved the piano bar and the outdoor bar - great for the guys to watch football. The night life ended relatively early but after being outside ALL day, and early bedtime didnt hurt! Now to the wedding.... Carrie Ann - you made everything BEAUTIFUL! I didn't make it easy by being indecisive, but your little touches made everything perfect. The whole wedding day went so smoothly, I almost felt strange that I did not have butterflies or nerves. I was simply excited! We did the ceremony on the beach and the reception in the sky terrace. It was a BEAUTIFUL setting overlooking the beach and the ocean which made for perfect sunset pictures. The food was beyond delicious - all the appetizers and the cake. My man Fernando - my wedding CAPTAIN! He made everything so fun. Your personalization and attention made us really feel like your focus was on us, and everything and anything we asked for, he and Carrie made it happen. There was another wedding on the same day, but the staff made you feel like there was nothing else but our party. We especially enjoyed the staff of the wedding, Richard andddd (im sorrrrry i forget the others!) who we insisted come out and dance with us set the tone for the evening! Made alot of people get out of their seats to join in! I have zero complaints. Well, except for the bees around the bar - but O'Keem and Devon didi their best to fight them off with their bug zappers! The whole trip was amazing, and definitelty tough to beat. Each morning, I was greeted as "Wifey" or "bride" no matter where I was in the resort. That type of personalization and special touches is what set this trip and resort apart from others. Highly recommend the wedding team and ALL the staff of Beaches Ocho Rios. You felt like family - I used to read the reviews before and think how silly and fake that sounded, but I now can say that it is definitely true. Thank you for everything <3
"Amazing time!"
10/01/15 Ines1993 Providence, Rhode Island
I went to Beaches Ocho Rios with really high expectations and let me just say that the hotel, the staff, the food, activities and entertainment exceeded them way beyond expectations. Let me just start by saying that if they were to take away everything from the resort and could only leave one thing I would say leave the beds of course and the STAFF. Everyone was absolutely amazing! they were so sweet, went above and beyond to try to accommodate everyone's needs. I'm not a fan of the beach, if you are a beach person I would not recommend it since it's very covey. The food at the restaurants are really good! The Sesame street characters were so funny and nice to the kids. I went with adults but I would like to go back with my daughter because just by looking at the kids activities and how well thy treat the kids at the daycare made me comfortable and I know she would like it. I don't have enough nice things to say about this hotel.
"Great Family Friendly Location"
09/30/15 Joseph B La Canada Flintridge, California
This is one of the best if not the best family friendly all inclusive in Jamaica. They have an amazing kids center with a great sign out password system to keep kids safe and everything from sesame street themed events for the younger kids to a large xbox lounge for older kids. A small water park is a welcome addition on a sunny day and the pools are very nice. The property has a decent sized beach and amazing food. Defiantly worth a visit.
"Awesome Experience"
09/29/15 Laura1262 Ventura, California
We had an amazing trip. Our niece got married there, the ceremony and reception was outstanding! The waiters were terrific and the bartenders made wonderful drinks. The rooms were great! Very clean and the maid service were very attentive. There was fun activities to do right there in the resort, and the spa was terrific.
"Sesame Street, water slides, kids club, friendly staff"
09/29/15 trini u San Francisco, California
We loved this place! Our daughter (15mo) had so much fun in the pool and at the nightly Sesame street shows. My husband and I enjoyed the water slides too. We paid extra for the Sesame Street breakfast which was fun. Food was ok but we appreciated the breakfast smoothie bar, the crepe bar, and all day popcorn and soft serve ice cream machines. pizza place makes a great pizza and thier chocolate chip cookies are really good. The rooms were updated, big, and well equipped. They provided us with a full size crib. Resort provided free shuttle service to and from the hotel (1.5-2 hrs). Check in was quick. The resort was fairly empty at the time we were there and they were hosting a conference for travel agents so some areas/restaurants were closed at certain times during the week. Most of all the staff was so friendly. (Avin, Deleen, Lanesha, Carlos, Rohan, Shadene, Garfield)
"Amazing vacation!!!! LOVED everything!!"
09/20/15 Spring N
My family and I stayed at this resort while our best friends got married here; the wedding was beautiful and they had a fun wedding coordinator Carrie! Everything was so easy and stress free!! I highly recommend it; our vacation was filled with fun and sun and the employees all seem very happy and eager to make your time with them the best! Not only do they provide great service when waiting on you, they could just be walking by and will stop and say hi, see how everything is going, invite you to any activities they are doing later on etc; We especially LOVED our bartenders DEVON was awesome!!! We also enjoyed O'Keem, Richard, Fernando and our favorite waitstaff was Garfield, Cleveland, Romerio, and Claude; when we were leaving, Claude was by the shuttles and saw us (he was waiting for his ride) and made a point to come over, give us a hug, wished us safe travels home, totally above and beyond!! Very sweet. We booked our next vacation with beaches at Turks & Caicos, and our concierge Suelyn said ah, it's very beautiful there but you will come back to Jamaica because of the people, and she is absolutely right!! :) thank you all for a fabulous trip and I hope the great employees we mentioned are recognized for their efforts and passion /3
"Loved it "
09/20/15 Rebecca B Nottingham, United Kingdom
1st time to beaches usually stay at sandals. We stayed for 7 nights on the 30th August '15 I never usually write reviews but feel I need to as the service received deserves the acknowledgment Ruth - lovely women and passionate in wanting to make everyone's stay a memorable one lives and breaths the beaches brand great ambassador Kimone - What can I say about Kimone !!!! Other than Ruth you have her in the right position front of house and on guest arrivals smiley positive professional hard working and always came to see how we were and what she can do to add to our beaches experience. Very hard working and nothing is ever a problem she exceeded all expectations and I have met lots of staff in years with sandals but kimone your service really is first class and top rated. The whole family fell in love with kimone. Okeem - cheeky smile okeem by the way loving the music thank you for that my partner loved okeem and was easy to see why genuine interest in wanting to make guests happy (do not understand how he is not a butler in negril) he is a socialble but professional man whom I feel really makes people's stay fun !. I witnessed him tackle all personalities and did it with grace and humor a real talent thank you okeem Food was brilliant my fav is Definately neptunes the setting on the beach really sets it off Waterpark is a crowd pleaser and a families dream entertained children is an instant winner for perants The care / love and fun that is placed in to this hotel is evident if you are wanting good quality food / facilities and staff that make you smile at every corner this is the best hotel in jamaica We will be back :)
09/17/15 Jeffrey B Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I was a little worried I wouldn't like this resort because I had previously gone to the beaches in Turks and Caicos and I figured nothing would beat that. However I feel this resort was pretty good in its own way Room***** We stayed in the Caribbean room which was recently renovated and it was very clean and modern. Beds where comfortable except for the pull out couch, my 9 year old nephew slept on the couch and liked it though, but not for me. It not worth asking for the first floor in any room category because everything is located on different floors. Lobby is the 2nd floor of The Caribbean building, Xbox is floor floor along with kids club. First floor of the Caribbean is the buffet,pool, main stage. But the beach is four floors down from that so if you get my point, your never really on the main floor. Food**** Best place for me was the BBQ restaurant, went there every day for lunch and our server Chevy was the best, he was the first person we met when we got to the resort and he made a really good empress ion on us, even when he wasn't out server he always made sure that our drinks where full and came over to ask us how are trip was every day. Neptunes was alway another favourite of ours, they specialized on sea food, lamb, and chicken. Breast and lobster was the special every night. Only complaint about the food is that some restaurant aren't open every night and places like the Venetian had buffet nights which wasn't the best. Pool**** Pool was clean and wasn't busy at all, there is a main pool with a walkin bar, another pool and has a few water slides and a third pool with the bigger slides. The lifeguard at the bigger pool where awesome, they where very good at there job in keeping everyone safe and they always greated me everyday because that was my favourite place to go. A few negatives though is that the red slide scratches your back near the bottom, I never really felt it but my back was bruised from it. Another small thing in the the white pillows on each beach chair by the pool where a little dirt, some where very clean and other where sticky and dirty, I recommend the ones that are used in the French village at Turks. Xbox lounge and teens club** There was somewhere between 10 -15 Xbox systems , even two Xbox ones. However there was only 3 controllers in the room and most of the systems where missing the games to go with it. Was a little disappointed with that. Went into the teens club to check it out and noticed the soccer table was missing the ball, the Xbox one system in there was missing the controller and game. The door on the air hockey table was broken so every time you score the puck would fall on the floor, they also had a basketball game which was pretty cool but doesn't work 100%either. These issues need to be addressed. Entertainment**** Carnival nigh was out favourite, there is a show outside the main lobby around 4 and at 5 there is rock climbing and a mechanical bull ride, my nephew and cousin loved it. The shows are pretty good as well, just not a fan of the shows that had dancing, I think there was only two night of dancing. Wifi**** Free wifi through out the entire resort which was great or you can pay a fee to upgrade. I had no issues with the free one, if it doesn't work in your room, go on the balcony. Airport transfer*** We travelled from Kingston, once we got off the plane I went outside to look for the rep or someone that could help us, we where outside for 15 minutes looking for anyone, finally we where directed to the beaches lounge which was kind of hard to find, it's a 2 hour drive but I though it was fun. Our driver both ways gave us a tour of the area and pointed out famous sites to us like Spanish town, etc.. They are also building a better highways which should cut down on travel time but it looks like it's a few years away. Beach**** Beach is small but why would you need a big one anyways, there's enough room to swim and it's not over crowded at all. The right side of the swim area is very rocky and hurts the feet, enter the water in the middle or left side by neptunes, nice and sandy in that direction. Banana boats rides are free and from 10-12 and 2-4, definitely give it a try. Overall I still think this is a good resort and I would travel back again in the future, just needs to fix a few minor things
Reviews and ratings contained within this site are the subjective opinions of customers and suppliers; they do not represent or reflect’s position. Neither nor the parties involved in providing review content shall be held liable for any damages of any sort resulting from use of these reviews