All hotels in Boscobel, Jamaica

• 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    (0)

"Great Time at Beaches Ocho Rios in Jamaica"
I traveled with my husband and two girls ages 9 & 10. We stayed in a "Greek Oceanfront Terrace Suite". We had a king bed and the girls slept on the couch pull out bed (It seemed comfortable). We had a great view of the ocean and there was minimal noise. We snorkled, kayaked and sailed on the Hobie Catamaran. The food was execellent at the buffet and the resturants. We ate at every resturant during our stay. You can't go wrong were ever you eat. The girls ate self serve ice cream and slushies all day from the snack bar. We spent time on the beach, the waterpark and the main pool daily. The kids took pictures with Elmo, Grover and Cookie Monster. It was a great family vacation.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Sonny
"Beaches"
We booked two rooms with two double beds each and were given two rooms with king beds and a sofa bed. If I had known that in advance, we would have stayed elsewhere. Though the meals were sufficiently plentiful, the food quality (lunch and dinner) was mediocre at best. Still, the staff was fabulous.
4 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
william
"Hotel Coinsurer"
The entire hotel staff was amazing! Everyone overly friendly and accommodating. Gorgeous property
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
QueenB

"Beaches Resort"
The resort staff were excellent. They were always friendly and helpful. The resort had a lot of activities for the children to take part in. The food was very good and there was a lot of variety to choose from. Our room was dreadful. The view out our patio door was a blue wall because our room was in the corner of the resort and we were sharing our patio with the next room. It caused our room to be dark because the sun did not shine in. You could also hear everything and anyone that was in the hallway.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club

"Resort review"
08/28/15 Lisa L
Stayed at this hotel for the first time and it was wonderful! The staff and food was amazing! They were so friendly and did what ever they could for you. Great staff at the dive shop too, my husband loved diving with them. Entertainment was not the very best I've seen but hardly no one showed up, you could walk around and feel like hardly no one was there ( like a Private resort), probably cause the kids were back in school. Only thing I didn't like was the beach was small and it was hard for my son and I to walk across the rocks to get in / out of the water. They were updating the elevator after about the 3rd day we were there so we had to do alot of stairs. We had a room right there on the beach! Would go back again sometime- love beaches resorts and love Jamaica!!! Would recommend this resort to everyone!
"Family Vacation"
08/26/15 Tracy N Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
The rooms were nice nothing special, the food was good, still nothing special especially when you are paying a premium price for an all inclusive sandals resort. The resort was pretty small and was primarily geared to little kids- my kids are 12 and 9 and we wouldn't come back. We took pictures on the beach with their photographer and when I went to pick up my picture they couldn't find the one I wanted so I hade to go back through all of the pictures. The one thing that was really good was the water slides. My kids did enjoy them
"Perfect family holiday, friendly and helpful staff, excellent facilities"
08/26/15 SuperPow T
Kids happy, wife happy = me happy! First time at Beaches resort and Ocho Rios was perfect for my family. Kids (age 7 and 12) were safe to play, the resort is private (including the beach) and includes its own water park. Everything included, banana boat, glass bottom boat, snorkelling etc. and felt really safe and friendly place to be. Staff incredible and really wanted to help us enjoy our holiday. Particular mentions to Suzan, Javoy, Mark, Keniel (kids club), Tamara, Tyrol, Camille and Davin. Restaurants good quality and would always accommodate for kids if they wanted to have something different. We went at a fairly quiet time, US kids were back at school, so we didn't have to queue for anything, there were enough people there to have a good atmosphere but it was quiet enough to have space and time to enjoy the resort. We could go to the beach, pool or waterpark and easily find sun loungers / tents at pretty much any time of day. Same goes for activities - could sign up and get straight on / book for next day for boat trips etc. Already thinking of going back again next year (which is most unlike us) as we had such a good experience.
"Great family vacation!!!!"
08/25/15 ESC12345 Brooklyn, New York
I was recently injured and would have to use a wheelchair to travel. I contemplated canceling my vacation. I'm glad I didn't. The staff was excellent. They helped me every step of the way. The entire staff was awesome. Here are a few names that stood out Okeen, Patrick, Gideon, Alicia, Lenore, Monique, Shanique, Richard, Martin, another Okeen, Rasheem, Junior, another Okeen, The head Nurse, Jacline, manager of entertainment, DJ Pablo, Lavetta and so many more. I wish I remembered everyones name they deserve the recognition. The staff made sure my children (2 and 13) were well taken care of at all times. The best part is that it is all inclusive including motor sports. Even though I was limited in what I could do this was my best vacation ever. I will be back next year.
"Awesome!"
08/25/15 Meredith F Austin, Texas
Our family of 4 had a wonderful time at Beaches Ocho Rios. 2 adults, a four year old boy and a 3 month old girl. The people were so kind, thoughtful, and gracious. The moment we arrived the gentlemen told us "relax, you're here now" and that was the truth! We had a concierge level room. The room itself defiantly needs some updating. Kimone at the concierge office was working her butt off! Garfield, Colet, and a women who's daughters name is Dominique (Sorry, I can't remember her name at this time) took excellent care of us at Bayside. BTW, the food is fantastic! Way better then a Disney cruise. All the staff at the BBQ joint and the lovley ladies at the crepe place. Alicia down by the beach was a sweet heart, very attentive and made excellent conversation. I didn't drop off my 3 month old at the child center till the last day and man I wish I would have done it a lot sooner! They took great care of her while we got to spend some quality time with our 4 year old. Also, do Mobay at the airport!!!!!! We got to the airport 4hrs early! So glad we could hang out there and relax!
"Reserve your room carefully!"
08/25/15 Jackijax Hampshire, United Kingdom
Just got back from 10 days here (Aug15). The main areas are very well kept, pool service amazing, although we did get ignored a few times and felt the place was geared for the US. Amazing staff included Mark & Chevy at the BBQ and the wonderful Orville at the Sunset bar, which has to be our most favourite location of the whole site and very under used. Our initial room (as we requested) was 2 doubles and a pullout sofabed as we are family of 4 with 2 teenagers (boy and girl). Unfortunately the double beds are more like a large single and does not fit 2 normal sized adults. Moreover, we were given a room above the bar and 50m from the main stage so was VERY noisy. Spoke to our rep who in turn spoke to the hotel who advised our original room had been upgraded on arrival(!) and we were moved to another room the next day. This time a kingsize bed (oversized!) and a single bed with pull out trundle (single bed underneath). Nowhere on any Beaches website does it mention a pullout trundle (creating 2 single beds) so make sure you ask. All in all a fantastic holiday, Aquapark team amazing, Waterslides fabulous. Didn't rate the restaurants on quality of food or service and we much preferred the main Bayside buffet, where the food was far better. Also had a few issues with housekeeping, but all was sorted quickly when mentioned.
"Not what was expected, but still nice"
08/25/15 Lora G Lincroft, New Jersey
I stayed at Beaches, Ocho Rios during the second week of August, 2015. An overall nice resort. I have been to Beaches, Turks and Caicos, so I have something to compare this resort to. Here are my pros and cons. Pros: -Nice size rooms. Spacious enough for a family of 5 -Bathrooms were newly remodeled and very nice -Food was very good..better than Turks and Caicos. Not many restaurants. We mainly ate a the buffet...which was perfect for kids on the go. -Great off property excursions are available here that were not available at Turks and Caicos. We did the horseback riding, dune buggies and catamaran ride to Dunn's River Falls (all fantastic trips!) -Water park was very nice. Not too big, but great slides -Great nightly entertainment for the kids. The gentleman who runs the nightly entertainment was fantastic and very funny. Loved him! Great dancers too! -Awesome drinks at the main bar especially- a true mixologist is stationed there. Cons: -Walls are very thin. Our room was about 30 feet from the nightclub-very loud -Beach is small and closed in on each side. If you like to take walks or run down the beach, it will be a short one! Despite the small size, nice beach and beautiful water. -Resort is tucked into a hill, so you have to go down 4 flights to get to the beach..or take the elevator. -We found the staff to be stand-offish initially. They definitely were not as friendly and accommodating as we experienced at other resorts. My son was stung by a bee at the beach and my husband had to almost beg for some ice. After you provide a tip, they become much friendlier...which would sometimes then lead to them becoming a little over-bearing. Overall feeling is that the staff aren't overly happy with their employment at this beaches resort. -Did I forget to mention the 2 hour drive from the airport to this resort?? -Rules at the water park can be difficult if you have a little one that is a half-inch short of the height requirement. On some days he was allowed to go down the slides, and on other days he wasn't. Very difficult for a 5 year-old to deal with this inconsistency. Overall: This was a great resort for my family since it was small enough to allow my 10 and 12 year-old kids to have the freedom to roam around the resort by themselves without needing a map. Turks and Caicos was far too large to allow for this. If you stay at Beaches, Negril, you will be need to travel quite far to do some of the excursions (especially the Dunn's River Falls-which is a must see!) Aside from the rooms, the resort is about ready for a little updating. Not in terrible shape, but could use a little attention. Great vacation, but not in a rush to go back anytime soon.
"great vacation"
08/25/15 twon v
Great resort, had a blast there. Shout out to Cleveland Rose at the piano bar for running one of the best bars I've ever been to. I had a blast hanging out there and will definitely go back just to see him.
"Beautiful wedding/Vacation spot"
08/24/15 sharanwd50 Flushing, Michigan
The room was huge, the view was amazing, and the staff were incredible. Special shout outs to Divemaster Janice, Dive shop planner Judy, the front desk personal were very helpful expecially Tiffany, and the waiters were incredible and very personal expecially Chevy and Dean at the BBQ, and also Shannay and Dukel, and also had some great advice from weight trainer Jasino.
"I had so much fun on this vacation."
08/23/15 Adrienne B Trinidad and Tobago
The rooms are gorgeous, the staff is very friendly, kind and engaging. Patricia was so nice and Ramone and Scharian at Josephine's were absolutely wonder full and the crêpes were delicious. Club liquid was great but people didn't show up. I loved the banana boat ride and the water slides. The food was exellent.