All hotels in Boscobel, Jamaica
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereA3, Ocho Rios, Boscobel, Saint Mary, Jamaica, ‏‎800-491-6126

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

2.7
"Beaches"
We booked two rooms with two double beds each and were given two rooms with king beds and a sofa bed. If I had known that in advance, we would have stayed elsewhere. Though the meals were sufficiently plentiful, the food quality (lunch and dinner) was mediocre at best. Still, the staff was fabulous.
4 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
william
"Hotel Coinsurer"
The entire hotel staff was amazing! Everyone overly friendly and accommodating. Gorgeous property
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
QueenB

"Beaches Resort"
The resort staff were excellent. They were always friendly and helpful. The resort had a lot of activities for the children to take part in. The food was very good and there was a lot of variety to choose from. Our room was dreadful. The view out our patio door was a blue wall because our room was in the corner of the resort and we were sharing our patio with the next room. It caused our room to be dark because the sun did not shine in. You could also hear everything and anyone that was in the hallway.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club

"Beaches Ocho Rios - Jamaica"
05/22/15 Marcel Z Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
From our arrival we met Leslie who was very helpful and welcoming. The management team, especially Mike Hines, made our trip truly amazing and worthwhile. Mike upgraded our room and arranged for private dining on a private spot overlooking the beach with the best chief we could ask for, Chef Lamar Lawrence. Meals were great but the best part of Jamaica are the Jamaica people. They could not do enough for you. The beach and dock staff were also great, especially Dean, Chevy, Mark and of course the pool bartender, Tamara. So friendly and helpful. I would go back just because the staff truly treated us like we were important and they were so thankful for the business. This was one of our best trips ever!
"Fantastic family resort"
05/21/15 Doug F Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This was a last minute booking for us and we had never been to a Beaches but had been to a Sandals. Booking on the website and with the chat feature made it very easy. Our kids are 18 months and 4 years old. The 2 hour bus ride from Montego Bay was a pain with kids that age but the driver was very nice. Remember that they are not part of the resort and may hint at tipping from you as does everyone in the Airport. Not at the resort though. I didn't need cash at all. The shows of Sesame Street characters were great for the age of our kids, the pools were fantastic and it felt like we had the place to ourselves. The staff really made us feel special and everyone.... I mean everyone at the resort went out of their way to engage with us and our kids. There were a ton of activities for the kids that they didn't seem to communicate super well though. Our son did a one on one baking session with Cookie Monster because no other children showed up. For us that was awesome because we had him to ourselves but I am sure a bunch of other kids would have liked it. The rooms were ok, a bit beat up in the French Village but we really didn't spend much time in them. We tabbed an ocean front suite which had a small living room with pocket doors and a pull out couch. So we put the crib in there and our four year old had his own bed and we could close the doors at night without being in a different hotel suite from them. Super private area of the hotel but the staff can be a bit noisy at the Neptune restaurant after it is closed and our room was right above it. Food was generally quite good, not gourmet but met the needs and allowed for fresh healthy eating and some treats too. steaks were the only item I found fatty and small and tough. So many staff were fantastic but a few really stood out: Ewart made our kids and ourselves feel really special and I think my son invited him back to Canada for his birthday party. Sasheen was in training but trying really hard and doing well. Orando at the crepe ride was great and super friendly. I think another girls name was Sashemmie and she was a dancer in the carnival, a events person and such an amazing lady to our kids, I kick myself for not knowing her name. Also there was a young lady who did the Cookie Monster session with us and was so great with kids. Helpful suggestion: take advantage of kids camps for a few hours when you need a break. The kids love it. Also the baby sitting service once the kids were asleep was great and a nice luxury. Make sure you check out the little pier bar above the water sports area by the pier. Really quaint and a hidden gem.
"perfect vacation"
05/21/15 lynda h Ocoee, Florida
Celebrated my in laws 50th wedding anniversary and it was our first trip to jamaica. The resort provided transportation to and from the airport. The trip is about two hours but seemed to fly by. The driver pointed out interesting facts and details about the the different parishes that are traveled on the way to the resort. Upon arrival staff greeted us with a beverage of choice. Check in was smooth and room location was beautiful. We had an adjoining room and balcony with family. we even had a view of the ocean which wasn't expected. The staff were amazing. They truly want you to have a great time and will go above and beyond to make sure. The food. .....what can I say. Awesome. My husband is a food critic. ...not one negative thing was said. We requested fried fish and chicken wings early afternoon for dinner on Sunday and even though it wasn't on the menu they made it happen. We snorkeled at the resort also. Short boat ride to reef. Beautiful water and saw lots of fish and a sting ray. I will definitely return! the only con about our trip (sort of) would be it was slow season and some of the restaurants at the resort would be closed on nights that weren't advertised. So we missed the Venetian all together.
"Great resort bad beach"
05/21/15 Rockosteel
The resort is wonderful delivering everything a vacationer needs or wants except for the beach. It's very limited in size both from a swimming standpoint and walking standpoint. However they do offer diff opps to get off the beach and into the water from scuba to snorkel to hobbycat to paddle boards .. But if your main interest is long walks on the beach or swims off shore this is not the place for you..other than that the staff is wonderful and the options offered off beach deliver
"Great time .... ALTHOUGH ..... some "drug" problems to be aware of"
05/20/15 E B Toronto, Canada
Our holiday started off wonderfully. Beaches Ocho Rios is beautiful and the staff are fantastic! We arrived at the hotel late at night. We were greeted with a refreshing drink and offered time to have a quick bite before being shown our room (the buffet was about to close) Check in was a breeze and our room was lovely! We booked a room in the Greek Village. I highly recommend this!!!! It is beautiful and there is nothing better then having full ocean view. Loved having my morning coffee looking out at the ocean and listening to the ocean before bed. Each room in the Greek Village has their own patio with a table, chairs and lounger. The week in May that we chose to go was perfect. It was very quiet. It was said there were only 400 guests at the hotel. On our floor of the Greek Village, there were more then a few rooms being renovated, so they were empty. Our floor was pretty much private and quiet. The beach was nice, but could use more sand to be brought in. Under the little bit of sand is hard rock. The lounge chairs are the beach are not comfortable and the surf is rougher then I have experienced at other resorts. My family really enjoyed the water sports. Mark was the best beach bartender. (not that I drink much, but having water brought to you is very handy in that hot sun) The restaurants are fabulous. Neptune was our favourite, but you have to try the molten lava cakes at The Venetian. We did experience a few problems that I feel I must draw attention to. Especially if you are choosing this resort because it is a family resort. First there was an older man who was drunk all the time and literally needed to be carried back to his room. Other guests brought this to the attention of the Greek Village concierge. The concierge took this matter seriously and monitored this gentleman for the duration of his trip. The problems my family experienced were different then this. We "borrowed" a lounge chair from a room that was being renovated. Later that evening we noticed the zipper to the pillow cushion was open. My husband looked inside and found a wooden pipe, some rolling papers and a bag of marijuana. My husband took this directly to our concierge. An hour or so later the manager and security came to talk to us and have us fill out an incident report. They were very apologetic. We felt this matter was handled really well. HOWEVER, the next afternoon we got new neighbours. (each room has an adjoining door) Within 30 mins of their arrival, they (a young couple) were blasting their music (which contained many swear words) and were smoking pot. Our room smelt horribly of the pot!!!! (I had to air our luggage out outside to rid it of the smell) My husband contacted security right away and I contacted our concierge. I asked that the new couple be moved. (it became clear to us that Sandals were sold out and couples we either being sent to Beaches or they were choosing Beaches out of default) When the head of security arrived to our neighbours room and opened the door, we were blasted by the smell of pot. We were later told by this same security that he "kind of smelt something, but couldn't be sure it was pot as he didn't SEE evidence". Beaches refused to move the couple and asked us to move instead. We were angered by this as we had been there all week and we were not the one's who had done illegal activities. We also spoke to the manager and feel we were not heard on this matter. I did tell the head of security that we no longer felt safe for our children with neighbours like this and the lack of action on behalf of the resort. He then posted a security guard to our floor. When I mentioned that we had found pot in the lounge cushion the day before, the head of concierge said that was our problem because we took the lounge chair from some where else! It really felt to us the rights of new people coming onto the resort out weighed those who had been there a week and were just about to end their vacation. We feel the hotel and management could/should have handled this very differently. After all, Beaches is a FAMILY resort. Later this same night we wanted to enjoy the beach family bonfire. This was advertised in the daily newsletter for all guests. When my family went down to the beach were told we were not allowed to be there as this was a "private event" Very disappointing. On the day of check out we were told check out time was 11am. Our flight wasn't due to leave until 7:30pm and we were scheduled to leave the resort at 2pm. After all that we had gone through with the drug situations, we felt the resort could put us up for a few more hours. Keeping in mind the resort was virtually empty and rooms on my floor under renovation. We were initially told we would have to use the fitness facilities until we left that day. My husband spoke to concierge a few times, once being told that they need to make sure the rooms are ready INCASE the next guest wants to check in early. (again we felt like those beginning their vacation were more important then those who had vacationed there all week) Concierge finally agreed to allow us to keep our room until 2pm. As I said at the beginning, these issues aside, we had a lovely vacation. The staff were fantastic, food was good, sun was hot and the sounds of the ocean waves were priceless. All that being said, because of the way management handle our drug smoking neighbours and subsequently us, we would not return to this resort and I would caution those with children to be vigilant about drugs on the property. If you are looking for a quiet and beautiful excursion to go on, I highly recommend The Enchanted Garden. (now called Turtle River Falls) Lots of natural water falls that you can look at, wade in, climb etc. They also have a bird sanctuary where you can feed the birds.
"Beaches 2015"
05/20/15 c18419 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
This was our 3rd visit to Beaches Boscobel. Our children are 15, 12, and 7. Being repeat guests we were familiar with the resort, but still impressed with cleanliness, service, friendliness & willingness of the staff to go "above and beyond". Staff: Our 7-yr old turned 8 while we were there and Deleen at the front desk went out of her way to present our child with a birthday cup cake and organized a group of staff together to sing "Happy Birthday". She was awesome throughout our stay. One of the reasons we return to Beaches is the Scuba Diving (and the great aquatics staff - Claude, Yogi, Richard, and Mervin). During the last 3 days the weather would not cooperate at the normal time for our dives. Yogi, Richard, and Mervin arranged to come in early (twice!), so that we could have an 8:00AM dive, even though they normally do not start work until 9:00AM. On one of our dives, my Gopro slipped off my head and I could not find it. Yogi and I spent about 20 minutes looking around for it on the ocean floor until we found it. If not for Yogi, I would have been out a Gopro and would have lost all our Scuba photos and videos. Our 7 (now 8) year old went snorkeling for the first time on his birthday. On his second snorkeling trip the water was quite choppy, and he did not have a great time, so on his third trip he was nervous. As we were about to get on the boat, he decided that he absolutely needed to go to the bathroom, so the boat left without us. Claude noticed this and arranged for the "rescue" boat to take us out to the Snorkeling boat when my 8 year old was ready. Beaches has added 2 new restaurants (a crepery, and a pizza place [attached to BBQ park]), they have also renovated the Venetian. Our 8 year old loved the children's club and tried to spend a few hours with them every day. We love beaches and would definitely recommend the resort.
"Thank you, Beaches..."
05/20/15 Saira143 Toronto, Canada
This was our 3rd Beaches vacation - we went to the Turks & Caicos location twice before. After reading some reviews, I must admit, I got a little hesitant, but WOW, was I wrong to be nervous!! Me, my husband and 3 kids (ages 8, 10 and 11) had the most wonderful time!!! After we cleared customs and picked up our bags at the airport, we were promptly whisked away into the Sandals/Beaches lounge, which was amazing. It was so nice to be able to sit, have some pastries and drinks while waiting for our transfer, which was ready within 10 minutes. The drive was long (1:45) but the roads are great, and we were able to take in some of the scenery! Upon arrival at the resort, we were greeted with cold towels and drinks, and escorted to the front desk. Check in took no time at all :) You could tell almost immediately that the resort was older, but the staff do a wonderful job of maintaining the grounds! Our room was great - comfy, clean, and spacious. Pools - We spent most of our time at the main pool, which we loved! There were always chairs available, no matter what time we went down. It happened only once that there were no towels in the towel cart, but all I had to do was ask, and within minutes, they were refilling the cart with fresh towels! The water park was also great! My kids really enjoyed the different slides, and there were always lifeguards keeping a watchful eye to make sure everyone was safe. Beach - Yes, the beach is small, but because this wasn't a busy time of year, there were always loungers and sun shades available, which was perfect! Unfortunately though, the reviews are right - the amount of seaweed is a little insane! The staff really do make an effort to comb the beach, but there's only so much they can do. Because of this, we didn't spend too much time there, but my kids prefer the pool anyway, so we didn't feel as though we missed out. If you're a beach lover, this isn't the place for you! Oh, and I have to mention, there is a bar by the beach, and servers do come by to take drink orders which is so nice on a hot day... Turks does not offer this service. Food - There are a good amount of restaurants on this resort - the only one we didn't get to try was Eleanor's because my husband forgot to pack closed shoes! But Bayside always had a buffet with loads of selection, BBQ Park also had some good choices, and was located right next to the main pool, so you could sit and eat right there. Venetian was amazing... the food was always delicious, and everyone is so wonderful about customizing your order to make you happy! Neptunes was just incredible! The staff, the atmosphere, and the food was amazing! Josephine's (café and creperie) was always a winner with the kids, and I enjoyed their banana milkshakes almost every day... my hips thank you! :) Staff - I can't say enough about the staff at this resort. I actually felt like I was among family after a while. How anyone can say the service here is lacking is BEYOND me! From the smiles that greeted us when we arrived, to the hugs we all got when we left - everyone truly bent over backwards to make sure we were happy, full, and enjoying every minute of our vacation... I need to mention some names here - Tiffany at the front desk - thank you! Susan, Nicholas (you two made my trip complete), Shana-Kaye, Avian, Raj, and Aminah from Bayside, Shannay from BBQ Park and Neptunes, Romaine from Neptunes, Chevy :) Mark from the beach bar, Aaron and Tamara from the Main pool bar, Maurice our amazing Candlelight dinner butler, Chantal and Steve from the spa, Patricia from the craft center and Traceylee from Shapshots for all your patience with me :) All of you made our trip sooo wonderful and memorable. THANK YOU! I hope management reads this - service really can make or break any experience, and I need them to know how much more meaningful this trip was because of the fantastic staff...
"First time with Beaches...excellent service, friendly and helpful staff. Amazing food!!!"
05/20/15 Laura08Toronto Toronto
It was my parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary and what a wonderful way it was to spend it at Beaches, Ocho Rios, Jamaica. There were 15 of us, age ranging from 5-76 and it was perfect as there was something to do for everyone. We heard so many things about Beaches, and it definitely exceeded our expectation. We all stayed in the Carribean Village, 5th floor which made it easy for all of us to meet and hang out. The staff always went out of their way to ensure we always sat together for meals. The Venetian Restaurant has amazing Italian food....go for the brownie dessert...yummy! Spectacular view at Neptune's Restaurant. We had our own private setting out on the pier and if you love Surf 'n Turf this is the place to go. Elenor's Restaurant is considered fine dining, We all dressed up for this dinner however we saw many in shorts and t-shirts. The wait was very long for our food but it was partly due to a wedding party dining at the same time. We weren't impressed with several screaming toddlers seated next to us. Why bring your toddler to fine dining atmosphere when there is free babysitting there??? Definitely try the Creperie if you love crepes, they offer both savory and dessert crepes even in the morning....delicious! The BBQ Park was a great go to place for in between snacks or meals during the day or late night munchies. The kids loved it because they could grab their own food such as nachos, ice cream, popcorn, pizza etc. Shout out to Dean, he's awesome! Can't say enough about the waterpark. There are 11 slides but we mainly hung out on the 4 bigger ones. Everyone had fun, including the adults. The resort wasn't extremely busy so there were hardly any lineups for the slides and the staff were always walking around taking drink orders....really missing the Jamaican Rum Cream on ice!!! Lots of umbrellas to keep shaded if the sun gets too hot, apply lots of sunscreen, you don't even realize you're baking as there's a constant breeze We used the main pool at night once the waterpark closed at 5pm. There were games and activities going on by the main pool every day and we all loved the swim up bar...the kids loved ordering Roy Roger drinks. The beach is small and at times collects seaweed. The water was a little too rough to swim in but we loved all the water sport activities such as the banana boat rides, glass bottom boat ride and especially the snorkelling (was so clear and saw lots of ocean creatures). All the girls got their hair braided on the beach and if you like the spa it's very relaxing. A little pricey and be prepared to pay a service charge that is automatically charged to your room. The boys loved playing X-Box in their room. You can get extra controllers and games down at the front desk. Oh, there is a 24 hr gym....had good intentions but never made it there (it looked nice and clean with state of the art equipment). The nightly entertainment was fun. Each night was a different theme, the schedule is posted in their daily newspaper that is delivered to your room called "FootPrints." We went to Jamaican Night, Circus Night, and Pool Party/BBQ Night. So much food, entertainment and dancing under the stars. The teenagers in our group loved karaoke nights. A must excursion not too far from the resort is Dunn's Falls, worth every penny. Definitely bring water shoes from home. It's gorgeous but you do climb up the falls from the beach and it takes about 45 mins. Be prepared to get wet but the water's warm.. We also ventured out to Mystic Mountain. If you are adventurous and not afraid of heights it is awesome. We all went ziplining and bob sledding, it was exhilarating, the guides are hilarious! Tip: sign up for ziplining first, it can be a long wait. We did take a taxi into town to shop for souvenirs, the taxi is expensive ($15 per person but the driver did wait with us the whole time and was very patient and we felt safe). Our room had a newly renovated bathroom and a view of the mountains. My sister's rooms had a beautiful view of the ocean and main pool but they found their room small as they each had 5 per room and only one bathroom with one sink. The step down room is not large as shown in the advertised pictures. Our clock-ipod radio was broken and they immediately replace it with a new one. Our a/c was one of the older ones and it was a little noisy at night compared to my parent's and sister's room. If getting married on the beach is your thing it was very popular at this resort, we saw 6 in one week. The only complaint my parents had was all the stairs. The resort wasn't that big compared to other all inclusive resorts we've been to. The resort is tiered with some ramps and elevators but you do have to walk and climb stairs wherever you go. It wasn't too bad but definitely more difficult when you're so full from eating or drunk (ha ha). You will definitely get to know a lot of the waiters/waitresses. They love joking around with you and bend over backwards to ensure you're having a good time. If you are lucky enough to be served by Dean, Aldane or Ewart you will see how amazing they make your dining experience. Want to especially thank Aldane who made our last evening at the resort so memorable as he personally wined and dined us on the beach!!!! An experience we all will never ever forget!!!
05/19/15 Cheri H Astatula, Florida
this is a gated resort so safety is a priority. 3 pools and towels provided at pool side, one with slides for all ages, 4 themed restaurants all with good food and will cook what you ask for as we did with wings and fried red snapper, if available in area, snack bars for bbq, hamburgers, hot dogs, and pizza and ice cream you serve yourself all day long, swim up bar in main pool - yum - lots of lounge chairs, some with umbrellas, cabanas you can use and even rent with wait staff to provide all the food you want from snack bars and ice chest kept full with whatever drink you want and will go to bar and get your drinks, onside photographers and studio and book whenever and wherever you want with onsite developing. Good snorkeling trip, glass bottom boat, and other water rides. HAPPY staff and beautiful property well maintained and great rooms with balcony. We booked in main building 1 with 2 connecting rooms with covered patios with tables and chairs and suit drying bars on the walls. Happy to accommodate birthdays and anniversaries. Great place for children to be entertained by the staff if you like. Children and teen area away from adult area. No cash resort but you need to take small bills for tipping of bus drivers or excursion crews because as with no cash resort there is no way to exchange large bills. There is no tipping to staff. Small beach but nice. The resort is always immaculate and you never really see anyone taking care of it, except raking of the beach sand. Just a great place for a relaxing vacation. Excursion desk to help you.
"Booked and paid $$$$ for specific room and they downgraded us :("
05/18/15 Carrie D Naples, Florida, United States
This was our second trip to this resort location. Our first trip was beachfront and although the room was run-down we enjoyed the scuba diving and food so decided to return. My husband wanted a room in the newer section, he was not a fan of our previous room, so we booked and paid for the three of us to stay in the Caribbean Oceanview Penthouse One Bedroom Concierge Suite - OP $551.00 per person/per night Upon arrival we were taken to the French Village Oceanfront One Bedroom Concierge Suite - OFK,OFD $425.00 per person/per night. Does anyone notice the difference in price? The difference ended up being $2268.00!! OVERPAID and NOT refunded! When we asked the concierge about the room change she said the resort was booked and there was nothing she could do and the rooms were comparable??? Apparently when we booked our room, we forgot to enter our Sandals Select Rewards number so Sandals figured we were new and could easily bump us from an Oversold room. We have spent many vacations with Sandals/Beaches and were awarded our Gold Sandals in the lobby as they informed us there was nothing they could do....all they could suggest was to call the reservations number; however, they still did not have our room available. This error was Sandals/Beaches and the staff should have handled accordingly. I think I will take my gold sandals and move on to other all-inclusive resorts.