All hotels in Boscobel, Jamaica

• 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    (0)

"Great Time at Beaches Ocho Rios in Jamaica"
I traveled with my husband and two girls ages 9 & 10. We stayed in a "Greek Oceanfront Terrace Suite". We had a king bed and the girls slept on the couch pull out bed (It seemed comfortable). We had a great view of the ocean and there was minimal noise. We snorkled, kayaked and sailed on the Hobie Catamaran. The food was execellent at the buffet and the resturants. We ate at every resturant during our stay. You can't go wrong were ever you eat. The girls ate self serve ice cream and slushies all day from the snack bar. We spent time on the beach, the waterpark and the main pool daily. The kids took pictures with Elmo, Grover and Cookie Monster. It was a great family vacation.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Sonny
"Beaches"
We booked two rooms with two double beds each and were given two rooms with king beds and a sofa bed. If I had known that in advance, we would have stayed elsewhere. Though the meals were sufficiently plentiful, the food quality (lunch and dinner) was mediocre at best. Still, the staff was fabulous.
4 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
william
"Hotel Coinsurer"
The entire hotel staff was amazing! Everyone overly friendly and accommodating. Gorgeous property
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
QueenB

"Beaches Resort"
The resort staff were excellent. They were always friendly and helpful. The resort had a lot of activities for the children to take part in. The food was very good and there was a lot of variety to choose from. Our room was dreadful. The view out our patio door was a blue wall because our room was in the corner of the resort and we were sharing our patio with the next room. It caused our room to be dark because the sun did not shine in. You could also hear everything and anyone that was in the hallway.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club

"Amazing Service, a first class vacation for the family!!!!"
07/29/15 GenusFamily Richmond Hill, Canada
We had a great time here with my husband and 2 sons. We were all checked in by Jermaine and Deleen and they were so professional and helpful in getting us set up for our time there. My husband loved the food and Colette and the dinning room ladies at the Bayside restaurant were so helpful, one day we went late for breakfast and they still made plates for all 4 of us so we were still able to eat from the breakfast menu. I love to workout and so Jasino took a group of us on power walks every morning. I think it is so important to stay in shape while eating and drinking amazing food and cocktails. My sons went to Kids camp every day, they loved Keniel and all the staff in room 8-10yr and 5-7yr olds. This gave me and my husband a much needed break. Thanks Beaches resort and staff for a great time. We will be going to Turks and Cacos next!!!!
"Great place for kids - and other family members too"
07/29/15 sunbunny31 Novato, CA
We selected this resort because we were looking for a tropical location, all-inclusive, with waterslides, and we were interested in visiting somewhere we'd never been before (Jamaica). Once we landed at MBJ, we were through customs and immigration very quickly (we used the Club MoBay service, which I recommend at least for arrival). We were ushered to the Beaches/Sandals lounge, where we checked in and were able to get a nice cold drink and nibble on some pastries. Our shuttle bus, provided by the resort, was ready for us after about 20 minutes. We were one of two families on the bus. The drive is about 1 hour and 45 minutes. I didn't personally mind this - the bus was air conditioned and it was a great way to see some of the sights without having to worry about navigating or driving. Once we got to the resort, our bags were managed for us, we were given a cold towel, and we were escorted to the lobby. We were introduced to the check in system, and were checked in by tablet, then escorted to our room. We had opted for the Caribbean Oceanview Luxury Suite, which put us in the West Wing, 5th floor, of the main building. We had room 1514, right next to the elevators (I'll get to those in a moment). The room is really very nice. It apparently has been recently redone, and was nice and large inside. When you walk in, the bathroom is on the right, the closet with safe is on the left, and then the room opens out into an upper level with a king bed, two side tables, the large armoire/TV stand with stocked (no-fee) mini-fridge. Two steps down to the next level, with a day bed and a rollaway bed under it (both kids had their own bed and no "stop touching me", hooray), as well as a dresser and a large ottoman. There is a covered patio with a table, four chairs, and a rack to hang wet swimsuits and belongings, and yes, an ocean view. This room is at the back of the resort; if you want a room on the ocean, you'll have to select a different room. If you like a view and a private patio, this would work for you. The room, while close to the elevators, was usually quiet, except for twice when people with positively no manners or common sense were hollering at each other in the hallway at 12:30 am and 2 am respectively. Boorish behavior in other guests really affects an experience, though it's no fault of the hotel. Drinking age in Jamaica is 18. Make of this what you will. We took advantage of the BBQ Park, as we were too late for the regular lunch times. The food was very good, the service was friendly, and we looked forward to enjoying ourselves. There are really a lot of amenities here, and since we stayed for 9 nights, we took advantage of most of them. The kids loved the waterpark and the slides. We spent a good deal of time here. The main pool had volleyball games from time to time and was close to the stage, where the entertainment crew scheduled fun contests, the shows took place, and there was a swim up bar. Don't forget to go down to the lowest level on the West side of the resort; there's a smoothie bar as well as a crepe cafe, with a small very quiet pool. The beach is white sand, well maintained, if a bit small. However, plenty of water activities were offered. Sign up for snorkeling (the boat doesn't go too far and the snorkeling is in easy shallow water), a banana boat ride, learn to paddleboard, or go sailing. All are available. Scuba is available for an additional fee if you're interested. There's also a safe swimming area at the beach, as well as a bar, and a place to get your hair braided. Our kids found the giant chess set and played a couple of games; they checked out tennis racquets and played eachother, and one got up to take some classes a couple of mornings, and enjoyed that. They played pool at the tables near the waterslides, as well as ping pong. On Wednesday, the entertainment staff set up a climbing structure and bull ride, and there was a Capture-the-Flag game on the beach for teens and pre-teens that they loved. Behind the stage is a croquet lawn if you're so inclined. One afternoon featured a pretty incredible thunderstorm. The pools closed and everyone ran for cover. One kid headed for the Xbox lounge, which was a pretty incredible place with loads of screens and games and plenty of room for all the kids who would have otherwise be outside. Our room also had an Xbox console, and games could be checked out at the front desk. There's also a teen area (called TrenchTown in honor of the area of Kingston) with a pool table and basketball game. The other kid headed for the crafts room, and fell in love with Aunt Pat. She spent a good deal of time gluing glitter onto creations and was totally engaged and happy. We had booked several activities in advance, but also found that the activities desk was great and easy to use as well. We added activities while we were there and had one modified, as I had accidentally booked a trip that was going to be an uncomfortable distance. My husband took advantage of the golf, and had a great time. He had planned on going out once, but had so much fun, he went three times. He had a great caddy (Brian) and it may have been the highlight of the trip. The green fees were free, but you did have to pay for the caddy and club rental if you didn't bring your own, so it did add up, but he did enjoy the experience, so he felt it was worth it. The food was pretty good, at times really good, and at other times, just ok. The buffet at the Bayside was excellent at breakfast with plenty of options and great coffee. Lunch was usually pretty good, and dinner was usually interesting. The resort mixes it up a bit with outdoor buffets from time to time (weather permitting) as well as a night the waterpark was open with an outdoor bbq. I can't say enough about the staff. They were gracious and friendly and without fail, totally committed to making sure we felt welcome. Now, about the elevators. The main building is clearly pretty old. The elevators are very small and quirky, and most of all, HOT. They have no ventilation, and it's a bit alarming to think they might be just a bit unreliable (they are). We heard they are to be refurbished next year, which is clearly long overdue. I did take the stairs quite a bit. Also, the free wifi is questionable at best. It's a great excuse not to be tempted to check your work email. You may just never get it. We really enjoyed ourselves. The only reason we wouldn't return would be because there are so many other places in the world to travel to. Note - the resort is next to Ian Fleming International Airport. On the other side of the airport is a place called Goldeneye. This is where Ian Fleming wrote all the James Bond books.
"One of our best FAMILY vacations!"
07/28/15 Jannelle H
This was our first all inclusive with our 13 year old son. July 23-27. All of the staff was amazing but I have to give a shout out to a few that went above and beyond and left a lasting impression on me and my family. On our first day our son experienced his first jellyfish sting snorkeling at the beach. It welted up pretty good so I asked Livingston (beach life guard) where the nurse was located and what had happened. He called her and got instruction for treatment. I spoke with her as well about watching for allergic reaction. Livingston went and got the vinegar and we applied it. He stayed with us to make sure our son was okay. He was more than accommodating and attentive to our needs. Truly amazing how friendly and caring he was with as many people this probably happens to. Thank you Livingston! Our snorkeling trips were great. Ryan was our swim guide the 2nd time. I was so excited because I found konk shell (with no konk in it) and told Ryan I wanted it. I think I practically begged him for it! LOL! Ryan got it for me and let me keep it since there was no konk in it. This made my snorkeling experience one to remember. We saw lots of variations of fish, spotted eel, sting ray and one guy with our group saw a 4-5 ft. nerf shark! Amazing....Ryan, you're so awesome! Our son got a sunburn and was so sore that he couldn't enjoy the outdoors on our next to last day. Earlier in the week I'd seen Ariel (main pool life guard) giving pool guests aloe vera plant for their sunburns. I called concierge and asked them where I could get some plant. She informed me that they didn't have it on the resort and it must of been something personal that he'd done. I went to see Ariel at the pool and he said that he'd brought it from home. He didn't have anymore with him but said he'd go home on his lunch break and to come back in an hour. Minutes later he caught up with me and said he found some he'd put in a fridge. It was like Gold!! It was so awesome that he found it and that he came looking for me to give it to me, rather than waiting for me to go back. He also he'd like to meet our son and to bring him by. I took our son later that day and he was so cool and friendly. Ariel, thank you for kindness and personal touch! All of the staff were great and truly know how to make you and your family feel special. Our son loved the red slide at the water park, awesome water sports, food was good! We loved our room 2116 in the Greek Honeymoon Oceanfront with Concierge. Every staff member at Beaches is friendly and welcoming and we had one of the best vacations our family has every taken. It exceeded our expectations and I'd recommend it to everyone!
"Awesome getaway!!!"
07/28/15 LanceYowell Keller, Texas
Just returned from a awesome trip to Jamaica. We stayed at the Beaches Ocho Rios resort this trip. This was my extended family of 12's third stay with Beaches. First two were in Turks and Cacios. We had 3 rooms between us all and all had great views. We were lucky and got right overlooking the beach. This resort was smaller than T&C, but that had pros and cons to it. We liked not having to walk long distances to the different restaurants and activities. However the selection of restaurants and activities were much fewer. The main attraction for our family was the water park. Our kids ranged from 13-21 and all, including adults, spent many an hour on the slides. Since this resort lacked the surf simulator, all of us were able to enjoy the slide at the same time. Our daily lifeguards were so much fun and helpful. Rushane, Marlin, and Trevaughn knew us all by name within the first hour and took care of us the whole time. Quite entertaining these three were and always kept us laughing. They made sure we were safe and comfortable at all times. Easy to say they were the highlights of our time there. The beach was small, but beautiful and never crowded. Lots of water activities including motorized sports. Evening walks were a highlight. The entire staff at OR was very friendly and spoke to us all the time. I do not remember the T&C staff to be this hospitable. The lady at Island Routes booked us a few excursions. Best was Dunn's River Falls. It's a must! Also, Patrick and Krystal with the concierge took care of many of our needs and even got us a deal on our next trip. Overall we had a blast. One slight drawback to this resort was the distance from the airport. At least 1 1/2 hour drive. Other than that this was yet another great vacation in the books for my family.
"Spectacular Family Resort"
07/28/15 Marcus R
Before anything else lets start with the staff. Miguel, DeMarley & Shanikie (entertainment dept.), Sasha&Harris, Ewart, Okeem, Richard (front desk), Janoy/Dean (food service) and Tameisha are invaluable to this resort. It is the warm attention and hospitality especially with our 6 yr old daughter that made this such fantastic experience. There is plenty to do for children with the onsite camp and child care that gives adults some alone time. Excursions outside of the resort can be booked on property. We left Jamaica with new friends and wonderful memories. The food is amazing, the night time shows run by Miguel are perfect entertainment for all, and they are all amazing with children. The food is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. We have some experience traveling the Caribbean; Jamaica - especially Beaches O.R. has been our favorite destination. This trip has trip has surpassed all of our expectations and Beaches Ocho Rios can expect to see us again!
"First FAMILY all inclusive"
07/27/15 Nikki R Columbia, Missouri
We have been to several Sandals properties but this was our first all inclusive with the kids (4,5,8). The staff were amazing especially Ariel(life guard) and Ricardo at kids camp and Okeem a pool server. These staff went above and beyond in giving our children and us a great deal of attention. Ariel and Ricardo hunted lizards and crabs with our boys almost daily. The food was great. Be sure to double check the exact layout of your room. Not the room we wanted for 5 of us but this was just bad communication and not double checking on our part. The dive shop was great especially Janice, Claudy, and Judy. Dolphin Cove was a great experience for our age kids. We took a day trip to Sandals Ochi down the street while the kids were at day camp and had a great time.
"The best vacation I have ever had."
07/27/15 Julie H Watsonville, California
We had heard that Beaches Ocho Rios Resort was a good place to bring an extended family: grandparents, married children, and grandchildren. We looked forward to our vacation but could never imagine the wonderful time we would have. We swam in the pools, went down the slides, shifted to the ocean and then back to the pools. We ate somewhere different each night, and everybody was satisfied completely with the food, including my grandchild with dairy, egg, and nut allergies. The staff and chefs went out of their way to accommodate him. The rooms, the staff, the food, the entertainment were superior. Everyone treated us as if we were special. I have never received such courtesy from EVERYONE! If you're looking for a family treat from the minute you step off the plane to the moment you board it again, you will never find a better place for a vacation. And, by the way, we had a wedding renewal that was beautiful. Even Cookie Monster had to come. Glass bottomed boats, snorkeling, game rooms, etc. etc. You'll love it.
"Fantastic all inclusive family resort."
07/27/15 Cope09 Allentown, PA
We arrived on Saturday July 18, 2015 into Montego Bay Int'l and were through customs within 20 minutes. Met by Beaches/Sandals shuttle contractors after exiting customs and ushered to the Sandals lounge while waiting for our ride to the resort. The reps tagged our bags, welcomed us home, and showed us the lounge where we could serve ourselves to wine, champagne, beer and fountain drinks. I barely finished my first beer before we were escorted to our shuttle to the resort. The resort itself is on the opposite side of the island, so be prepared for an additional 2 ride to the resort. The driver will likely offer to stop halfway at a roadside BBQ for drinks, restrooms, and eats. The place we stopped did take American currency. We made it to Beaches in a little under two hours from the time we left the airport. Our bags were handled by the bellmen and will deliver everything to your room once it’s available. So, you’re done dealing with your bags until you get to your room. Checkin was simple, two papers to fill out and provide a credit card for room purchases. As of 3pm, our room wasn’t ready. So…TIP #1, have swim suits ready. Even if your room isn’t ready, they’ll have you check back an hour or so later, but you’re welcomed to tour the resort or use the amenities while you wait. We ended up meeting up with friends of ours, changed into our swimsuits, and hit the pool. There were some other reviews of people complaining that the lobby didn’t have air conditioning…but, this is the Caribbean…majority of the resort is outdoors, expect to be HOT! TIP #2, If you don’t have a room and don’t feel like hitting up the pool area right away to cool off, the XBOX lounge and/or piano bar are both air conditioned. You can go to either to kill time. AND...the fitness center is an icebox. The piano bar makes me think of another TIP…#3, if you don’t have kids and aren’t hanging with couples who do, why are you looking at Beaches!? Sandals is for you. Beaches is family friendly, catering more for families with toddlers to tweens, not much older. While there are plenty of things to do between the waterpark, swimming pools, fit center, beach, and watersport/activities, once 9p rolls around, things die down significantly. Not much nightlife for young childless couples. We did however, find that PIANO BAR, and were welcomed by one of the best bartenders at the resort, Cleveland (To Beaches Management: this guy needs a raise…even when he’s not serving anybody, he’s cleaning…everything, from the bar to pictures hanging on the walls of his bar!). While it was hit or miss as to whether the pianist was coming from one night to the next, he shown only one night during our stay, it was a great time. So, one of my complaints is that...a PIANO bar, needs a PIANO MAN, daily! Another was that the karaoke didn't work, so another activity that failed while we were there. Okay, kind of got off-track there…where was I… Ah, so we changed around and went swimming in the main pool while waiting for our room, which was ready at about 5pm with our bags delivered to our room. Our room was beautiful. Floor 5 directly above the main lobby overlooking the entire resort with one awesome view of the Gulf. The room was a 2-bed + sofa bed suite with sliding glass doors, no balcony, walk in closet with safe, mini fridge, and TV. We chose not to get an upgrade from the “concierge” level service as we believe it only came with a stocked fridge full of beer, wine, and champagne, not much else. I think you’re also assigned an actual concierge that can handle all of your dinner and excursion reservations. While the stocked fridge is nice to have, you can get drinks at any bar around the resort…so, maybe adds to the convenience…but, if you seriously need alcohol in your room when, you have a problem. ;p The concierge only saves you time from walking up to the reservation desk. So, IMO, save your money. My only complaint about the rooms was the air conditioning was stuggling to keep the room below 80 degrees. So, they badly need to upgrade the A/C. Oh...and unless you like a hard bed, you're in trouble...the only thing harder, would have been sleeping on the floor. Things to do: Crepes at Josephines, for breakfast or main pool breakfast buffet; The fitness center is right next to Josephines, with a pool that is a nice relief from a long workout; swim up bar next to the main stage with family entertainment throughout the day; waterpark – the waterpark was a highlight for even my old butt. The lifeguards make it fun as well, teaching us and challenging us to try and skim the spash pull off of the speed slide as far as we could. It’s been a long time since I’ve gone on any waterslide, but these guys made it a lot of fun. There are two other waterslide areas (pirate ship pool) for smaller kids under 36-inches as well; basketball and tennis courts; Xbox room, and kids club – my kids loved it, while they hung out with us adults for most of the time, they enjoyed the few days that they did get to spend with them. The employees were friendly and kept the kids safe and entertained during their stay. Beach: The beach is small, maybe 100 yards in length. Didn’t have trouble finding a chair, but there are very few clamshell/umbrellas, so shade is a problem. Aquatic Center: this was where we had the most fun. Hard to believe everything is included…scuba, snorkel, glass bottom boat tour, banana boat, kayak, sailboard, paddle boards, and Hobie Cats – okay…to the aquatic center employee that saved us from our 3-hour tour, thank you! It was my first time using a Hobie Cat, never sailed before…and while you provided me with a quick tutorial/training session, it took me a while to figure it out…so, I’m ready next time! Tip #4, it does you no good to try to sail INTO the wind. Just sayin’. Restaurants: Josephines Creperie – great for any time of day, how can you go wrong? BarBQ – great for a quick bite at any time of day, although they don’t always serve all the menu items listed…we were a little disappointed that there were no beef patties during our stay. Who goes to Jamaica and doesn’t try one of those!? Neptunes – TIP#5 – ask for a table on the pier at this restaurant and watch the sunset…another highlight of my trip. The Striploin and lobster where terrific! Eleanors – TIP#6 – ask for a seat on the deck overlooking the resort. Everyone enjoyed the food here from the red snapper to the crab cakes and shrimp dishes were terrific. Venetian – probably the most disappointing of the restaurants. I had the chicken parm, it was just okay. They do have a very nice antipasta bar. The Bayside – only ate here for breakfast and it was great…complete with omelette bar, and everything else you can think of for breakfast. WiFi - horrible. intermittant at best. BUT...WTH are you on vacation for and trying to use WiFi....unless it's for the kids, trying to get on Netflix or something, shame on you! Lastly, the SPA: Our friends had facials done, my wife and I had a couples massage. While the spa itself could use a makeover as it looks like you’re in somebody’s apartment as opposed to a luxury spa, the massage was fantastic and I highly recommend to any couple that can spare the time from their kids (kids club!!) to experience. This was the only thing that we did that cost extra…booking through Beaches, we received $250 resort credit…so, the extra cost to us was for tip. Getting back to the airport was a little more of an experience. Two days before your departure, you’ll receive an envelope with your resort departure times, they’ll pick your luggage up outside your room prior to departure from the resort and checkout. With everybody that was leaving, it was a bit of a zoo, but somehow they employees kept it orderly. Our departure time was 10am, we were on the bus and on our way at about 1010a. So…overall, a terrific FAMILY resort – take advantage of it all if you can. With the amount of amenities this place has, it's hard to NOT find something to do. If you’re looking for nighttime entertainment and are free of kids, I highly suggest you get a taxi or shuttle to Sandals OCHI and hang out there for the night as you are free to use any Sandals amenities available on the island regardless of where you stay. Sleep quality depends on whether you like a firm mattress or not and a warm room. Enjoy your trip!
07/27/15 nrwomble Metamora, Illinois
My family and I just returned from our trip to Beaches Ocho Rios. This was my first experience at an all inclusive resort and I was pretty disappointed. Most of the staff is very nice and accommodating but most the time there was no follow through. We made our reservations back in February and requested adjoining rooms and we were told that wouldn't be a problem. When we got there our rooms were on different floors and we were told that was as close as they could get us. I called several times to have them pick up laundry and after the 2nd day my husband finally did it himself. Also there was a glitch with a camera at one of the excursions so we weren't able to get some of our pictures. I was told they would be emailed to me, but haven't received them yet. The main buffet has decent food, but nothing that we were super impressed with. So we asked if it was possible to have authentic Jamaican food delivered to the resort. It took my dad 3 hours to get food delivered. Eleanor's has the best menu of the restaurants and most nights had a long wait, when we would try to get seated they would tell us to make a reservation and when we went to make a reservation for the next night we were told that wasn't needed. We made reservations for some excursions and when we arrived at the location our excursions were double booked and it was a huge mess. The room was just an average hotel room.....we didn't spend much time in it because there was so much to do. I was really surprised there was no wi-fi....but once again we received mix messages about the wi fi. One person told us that the free wifi was slow speed and only worked in common areas, but we could upgrade to high speed for a fee and it would work in our rooms. Then someone else told us that they are in the process of setting up the high speed so the low speed and high speed are the same so we didn't risk paying a fee for no service. The kids (ages 10 and 8) did love the kids camp activities and the water park but overall for how expensive Beaches is the food and service was not up to expectations.
"Our Wedding was Great"
07/27/15 marowle O'Fallon, Missouri
My wife and I had been working with a pre-wedding planner from Beaches that wasn't the best, so we were a little nervous. We did request a new one that was much better. Upon arrival, our initial reaction was disappointment. The resort seemed a little more dated than we expected, our room wasn't as nice as we expected (we got one of the beachfront suites), and the service at the only restaurant that was open at that time of the day was sub-standard at best. The next morning, I contacted our travel agent who immediately escalated the issues we had. We just happened to be visiting the concierge and they were already alerted of our issues. The hotel manager immediately came to us so we could explain our issues first hand. Well, long story short, he immediately moved us to a much nicer room (at a lower price) and explained that the beachfront suites are harder to update because they are always occupied. He also made sure we had each and every amenity that we expected and more (even the daily chocolate milk that I requested). :-) The onsite wedding planner, Kerrie, was absolutely awesome! She, along with the photographer/videographer, and other staff made our wedding an absolutely wonderful experience that we'll cherish forever. The photos and video were magnificent. In terms of the resort itself, we, along with our guests, all believed that this was one of the best vacations we had. The staff was great and the food was outstanding. Normally, buffets tend to be a little bland, but this one had very good taste. The activities were very much fun. We took advantage of both scuba and snorkeling, and participated in many of the pool games. There were a lot of activities for children as well. The one down side I'd still say is that they seemed to be a little understaffed when it came to food service. From time to time, it seemed that the servers were slow and many times getting seated seemed to take way too long, particularly for the buffet when there were plenty of open seats. They indicate free WiFi, but bandwidth is limited. If you want premium Wifi sufficient for music or video streaming, then you'll need to pay. I believe the rate is $39.99/day or $79.99/week. I don't really like that, but as long as you know, then it's not a surprise. I'd totally recommend this place for wedding or vacation, particularly when children are attending. If no children, you may want to consider Sandals. I suspect it has a similar experience. One other thing to keep in mind is that the trip from the airport to the property is 1 1/2-2 hours via shuttle. You really need 3 nights or more to make it worth the trip.