All hotels in Boscobel, Jamaica

• 2.0
  • 1.0

2.7
"Beaches"
We booked two rooms with two double beds each and were given two rooms with king beds and a sofa bed. If I had known that in advance, we would have stayed elsewhere. Though the meals were sufficiently plentiful, the food quality (lunch and dinner) was mediocre at best. Still, the staff was fabulous.
4 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
william
"Hotel Coinsurer"
The entire hotel staff was amazing! Everyone overly friendly and accommodating. Gorgeous property
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
QueenB

"Beaches Resort"
The resort staff were excellent. They were always friendly and helpful. The resort had a lot of activities for the children to take part in. The food was very good and there was a lot of variety to choose from. Our room was dreadful. The view out our patio door was a blue wall because our room was in the corner of the resort and we were sharing our patio with the next room. It caused our room to be dark because the sun did not shine in. You could also hear everything and anyone that was in the hallway.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club

"Great Resort for the Kids!"
07/07/15 iblanky1 Forest, Virginia, United States
We normally travel alone and this year we decided to take the kids along as well as another couple and their kids as well. If you are looking a for a good family resort this is a great place to go. Not a lot of things to do for the adults, but my kids enjoyed every minute. Their ages are 16, 13 & 12. The XBOX Lounge is a good touch, but my baby boy says it need a little work, lol. My two oldest said they enjoyed the teen club. Their were three to four individuals that stood out to us because of their consistent service ... Mark, Tahjae, The lady that works the front desk and the young lady that managed Josephine's. (wish I paid a little more attention to their names) ... They really showed their love for the guest! Would I recommend this vacation spot? Yes, but only if you have teens and young kids! The Sesame Street Stage Shows were GREAT and they brought back many memories! The Entertainment was AWESOME! Being a musician myself (bass player) they were great!
"best all inclusive resort in Jamaica"
07/05/15 Ben M Tampa, Florida
We had traveled to Mexico and the Bahamas but the service in Jamaica is off the charts. We had a family of four with two children ages 5 and 3 and the service team knew their names the first day. The water slide park was amazing and we never grew tired of the restaurants. Most of the visitors were from America so the food was really catered to the US tourist. The watersports were all included which made it great. Upon our arrival Andre our concierge loaded our room with alcohol and drinks for the kids. Wes at the watersports was great and very friendly. Chevy and Davin at the BBQ park were beyond friendly and accommodating. Jason who did most of the clean up of the towels was a great guy too. It was our anniversary while we were there and they also brought us dessert to our room at no extra charge. I would recommend staying in the greek village - we sat outside our room at night and listened to the waves as the kids slept. I cant recommend this place more.
"Beautiful resort but the staff made the trip special!"
07/05/15 Dave S West Chester, Pennsylvania
I wanted to write a letter of thanks and gratitude toward your staff at Beaches Ocho Rios. The service was outstanding, I've tried to remember all their names and regret that I cannot remember all of them. I know we couldn't tip so I hope you will pass along our tremendous gratefulness to them as compensation. The Wedding Staff- Javell, Juanita and Fernando, helped create an amazingly awesome experience for our 25th Anniversary, Re-tie the Knot. I didn't get to interact with Kerry Lee but my husband said she was very kind and friendly as well. The Dining Staff- We had great service at the Bay Side, BBQ and various restaurants from Anthony, Garfield, Carlos, Chevy, Sasha, Amoy, Shannay, and a few more, they were so kind, personable, and fun, they really made food even more enjoyable. The Bar Staff- Tamara, Aaron and Devon really have a gift for mixing and great friendly service. Housekeeping- Our room 1304 was always impressive and Shanae made the room feel like a honeymoon suite everyday. Our son's room 1334, I don't know their housekeeper's name but the service was great, she was kind and sweetly tolerated a tremendous amount of clutter that the four boys left around. Diving- My oldest son's dive instructor, Yogi, he helped our (very quiet) son become scuba certified. Poolside Waiter- Bobby was a great and friendly waiter and always checked to make sure the kids and us had drinks and water. Pool Slides- My sons mentioned that Ryan was great but I didn't get to meet him. Reception Desk- Deleen was very helpful with information for my husband and there was also a young man who help us with many small questions and our phone issues. This is just a very brief description of the great service we received but we really appreciate so much the gifted staff you have and their stellar service ability. Thank you to all our friends at Beaches Ocho Rios for your warmth and hospitality. Dave & Becky
"Loved it!!!!!!"
07/05/15 logan b
this is amazing. best trip yet. I am contemplating moving to beaches. the staff is beyond remarkable. The entertainment crew is above and beyond. Roshane, Akemia, Rodney all of them are so amazing and consider them apart of the family. if you go not go here, you will miss a once in a life time deal. thank you beaches for a trip I'll never forget. and most defiantly a returning customer.
"Family Vacation"
07/04/15 Angie B
Janice and everyone at the Beaches Dive Center were amazing. She is the reason my 11 year old son and I earned our open water diving certificate. We were there 8 days and we had plenty of time to dive and get certified. Janice is a great scuba diving instructor. She's knowledgeable and patient. Safe diving is a priority and she makes sure that beginners to advanced divers are safe and have enjoyable dive experiences. I highly recommend this PADI Scuba Program at Beaches.
"Great dive & water sports staff"
07/04/15 Gene C Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Just returned from another week at this resort and for the most part came away very pleased. This was the second year in a row we stayed with a larger group of people (24 this year) and all seemed to have a good time. This was my 7th trip to Jamaica and there is a reason I will return again; the Jamaican people!! All staff are genuinely friendly, personable, and eager to please. Absolutely no complaints with the food and drinks as everyone should be able to find something to fit their tastes. I tend to spend a lot of time in the water sports area so I have made gotten to know some of the staff. Miss Judy is aces behind the desk keeping it all running but two people deserve specific 'honorable' mention. Divemaster Janice Peart (Baby J) is absolutely top shelf in my book! As a professional she demonstrates the necessary knowledge, skill, and patience required to be a dive master; especially in a resort setting, but Janice goes that extra mile. I am an active diver who has spent a good bit of time in the Caribbean and been to numerous resorts/locations. I have observed dive masters provide various levels of training at these locations and have generally come away with the belief a person is better off taking a certification course at their home dive shop instead of a 'resort' course. However I have personally witnessed Janice provide training (bubble maker, discover scuba, and full PADI open water certification) to my family and friends and would absolutely recommend any prospective divers seek her out for the training!! Especially if dealing with kids!! Janice took the time to ensure all trainees had the knowledge and confidence to enjoy a safe diving experience without cutting any corners. I have several other family members that will be seeking out Janice's services on our next trip to Jamaica so that they can become certified divers. Second honorable mention goes to the quiet captain who is tasked with driving the boat back and forth on all the dive / snorkeling trips; Captain 'Rooftop'. Most people take it for granted people will get on & off the boat and we will get back & forth safely, but I watch as he coordinates everything at the dock, scans the reefs during transit & gets us back & forth safely. Thanks Rooftop! If I had any complaints this year I would say that I was a little disappointed in the house keeping staff as there were several days that our rooms were not cleaned up till very late in the afternoon. In fact one day we were well into get cleaned up for dinner mode (1730 hours) when the staff finally showed up to clean the room. I'm not a high maintenance person but would like some clean dry towels for the family to bathe after a day in the water. All in all a nice family resort with great staff.
"My stay at Beaches"
07/03/15 thetravelingone73 Chicago, Illinois
This was my first stay at Beaches (Ocho Rios) and I have to say that I was really impressed. The staff was phenomenal from Ryan our sailor for our sail boat excursion to Aaron the bar tender at the swim up bar, everything was just great for our 6 day stay from June 22 thru 27th with 3 adults and 2 kids. We indulged in at least 6 of the 7 restaurants on the resort all where good, but the best was Neptunes and the bar-b-que pit that stayed opened all night, they had some of the best burgers ever. My family and I had a fulfilling vacation, and we will be looking into vacationing at Beaches.
"Amazing trip with the children!!!"
07/02/15 beccadave2015 Washington DC, District of Columbia
We traveled with a pre-teen and a 4 year old. This trip went better than expected. Plenty of things for the children to do. My oldest played capture the flag with a bunch of other children his age. My youngest beat his fear of water by sliding all day on "the best slides ever" lol Food was great. I absolutely LOVE the guacamole! Staff is great, friendly and very thankful to help you. Beach is very small. Get up early to reserve your seat on the beach or pool area. After the 4th day of not having a seat, I moved the un-used, un-occupied chairs and sat my happy butt on them. ( I wasn't well liked, but my tan proved otherwise) The Sesame Street Circus was the best part for my kids. Watching them ride the mechanical bull was priceless. The pull out sofa needed some TLC, I called and reported it, nothing was fixed. Great time over all!!!
"Wonderful vacation!!!"
07/01/15 ErinF41475 Rising Fawn, Georgia
I'm not sure where to begin!! We visited Beaches June 20-26, 2015. This was a very big deal for our family! This is not the type of vacation we get to do very often. It was both of my children's first flights and both of their first times out of the United States! Not only is Jamaica a beautiful place, but the resort is everything we hoped for and more! We felt like royalty the entire time we were there! I just want to mention a few of the people who stood out to us! Rodney Henriques, who is the entertainer coordinator, is amazing! My eight-year-old son loved him, as did the rest of us! Josina, the fitness coordinator, is amazing and helped me feel better about all the wonderful food that I ate while I was there!! Scharian, who works in the Crepery, knew all of our names after about the second time of seeing her! Leslie, who brought us our luggage when we got there and then came and got it when we left was awesome!! Roger and Michael, who ran the snorkeling boat took care of us twice when we went snorkeling!!! I could continue, but I just can't remember everyone's names!! Long story short....AWESOME place!!!
"Last trip to Beaches Ocho Rios"
07/01/15 Mike6090 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Just returned from 6 night trip with a group of 12 adults and 12 kids. None of us will ever return. The nightmare started with a 1 hour wait dealing with Jamaican Immig/customs. Then a 2 hour bus ride to the resort. These headaches we knew about it, we were there last year. The resort was much better last year so we thought it would be worth the early headaches. Once we arrived, our room was ready and we were taken to it. I requested a room on the upper floor for the views, but was given a room on the first floor. We had a view of the buffet. (Rm 1130) I was told the upper floors were unavailable. The resort is over 50 years old and is really showing it in some areas. I had black mold on the ceiling in the bathroom and the sofa, trundle and rollaway beds are absolutely terrible. I felt really bad for the kids trying to sleep on the terrible mattresses. The sofa bed in my brothers room was broken and after 5 days of calls, they replaced it with a 40 year old rollaway bed. Housekeeping showed up 3 days of the trip. We had to go looking for them to get clean towels. The beach is very small and has some rocky areas. If you want to try the waterspouts, you need water shoes for the kids. The rocks really hurt their feet. In order to get from the main pool to the beach, you have to go down 4 flights of steps. There is one elevator that holds 3-4 people at a time. My biggest problem at the resort is the cleanliness of the water park pool water. When we arrived, all 24 members of our group were healthy. On the day of our return, 9 of the 12 kids had developed some sort of infection from sinus, to ear, to urinary tract. They are all being treated with antibiotics. 3 of the 12 adults also have sore throats. All of the sick people had fevers as well. The common denominator is that all of us spent a lot of time in the water park. I would bet anything that the pool water caused the infections. There are some positives at the resort. The Italian restaurant is delicious as well as the bayside buffet. The drinks are strong, but no bartenders made the drinks the same way. The little kids shows were very entertaining. Most of the employees were friendly but two really stood out. Baby J, the dive instructor is absolutely phenomenal with kids. Her patience, skill and understanding are incredible and our kids loved learning to dive with her. Patrick Thompson, the loyalty agent, was a great help to us with all of the difficulties we ran into at the resort. We are Sandals Select members and every day he went out of his way to ask if he could help with anything. Unfortunately, he and the dive master are on a sinking ship. The resort is in desperate need of renovations and proper hygiene. It appears that the resort just keeps slapping on another coat of paint on some really old facilities. It is the cheapest resort in the franchise for a reason. If it is all you can afford, be careful. If you can afford more, try Turks and Caicos. It is supposed to be a lot better.