All hotels in Boscobel, Jamaica

• 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0
    (0)

"Great Time at Beaches Ocho Rios in Jamaica"
I traveled with my husband and two girls ages 9 & 10. We stayed in a "Greek Oceanfront Terrace Suite". We had a king bed and the girls slept on the couch pull out bed (It seemed comfortable). We had a great view of the ocean and there was minimal noise. We snorkled, kayaked and sailed on the Hobie Catamaran. The food was execellent at the buffet and the resturants. We ate at every resturant during our stay. You can't go wrong were ever you eat. The girls ate self serve ice cream and slushies all day from the snack bar. We spent time on the beach, the waterpark and the main pool daily. The kids took pictures with Elmo, Grover and Cookie Monster. It was a great family vacation.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
Sonny
"Beaches"
We booked two rooms with two double beds each and were given two rooms with king beds and a sofa bed. If I had known that in advance, we would have stayed elsewhere. Though the meals were sufficiently plentiful, the food quality (lunch and dinner) was mediocre at best. Still, the staff was fabulous.
4 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
william
"Hotel Coinsurer"
The entire hotel staff was amazing! Everyone overly friendly and accommodating. Gorgeous property
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
QueenB

"Beaches Resort"
The resort staff were excellent. They were always friendly and helpful. The resort had a lot of activities for the children to take part in. The food was very good and there was a lot of variety to choose from. Our room was dreadful. The view out our patio door was a blue wall because our room was in the corner of the resort and we were sharing our patio with the next room. It caused our room to be dark because the sun did not shine in. You could also hear everything and anyone that was in the hallway.
Other trip Feb 25, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Beaches Ocho Rios Resort & Golf Club

"Incredabile Staff, Greatest vacation for children and adults!!!"
08/04/15 Wazir I Bronx, New York
just got back from beaches resort in Ocho Rios... had the best time of my life and it was all because of the staff... they were so great to me and the family and made sure we had everything we needed. Traveled with 3 adults and 2 kids 3 and 5 and they were so happy with the sesame street characters and so many activities... Rodney and akeema from the entertainment staff were incredible they made sure that the adults and children were entertained and we had an amazing time... Also ALL the bartenders were the best always helpful and if u didn't know what to have they would make incredible drinks for you. The best spot for late night was the piano room with clevland and the entertainment crew made it so amazing. The ladies at the front desk were always helpful and knowledge about activities on and off the resort. I will definitely go back to this resort without hesitation
"Best staff, lots to do for the family, great experience"
08/02/15 Rich S Woodstock, Maryland
Our first visit in 2009 was outstanding and our just ended vacation was even better. Of all the great things I can talk about, the staff was by far the best aspect. They are the most friendly, welcoming and helpful you will ever meet. The entertainment staff is fantastic, great at their jobs and even spending time with us just chatting about their experience when they are not working. They were all great but Miguel and Demarlie were so friendly and personable and great with the kids. On the snorkel trip, Ryan was the most patient and helpful individual helping our twin 4 year olds every step of the way (and that was no small task). Around the pool and beach, Okeem, Dalton and "82" were always going out of their way to make sure we were having the best time possible. We had two rooms which were spacious and comfortable and well kept by the staff. As far as activities, there are several pools with a watermark (slides) for the kids, lots of beach activites and lots of entertainment from breakfast with the Sesame Street folks to shows and activites for older kids and adults. Hands down one of the best vacations around if you like the Carribean. Looking forward to Beaches, Turks and Caicos next year!
"Wonderful Family Resort!"
08/02/15 Aprilstilwell
We visited Beaches July 23-30th. The shuttle for Beaches seems to leave the airport every 20 minutes or so. There is a lounge where you can use the restroom, grab a drink and snack before you leave. The ride to Ocho Rios is about an hour and thirty minutes. However, our bus driver was more like a tour guide and shared a lot of Jamaican facts with us along the way. Once we arrived to the resort, staff was there waiting and we were checked in promptly. By using iPads, we literally filled out 4 pages (already information submitted by our travel agent) and were finished! Kudos to Jermaine and Tiffany at the front desk for proving excellent customer service!! After check in, we went to the BBQ park to grab lunch and returned to our room to find our luggage stowed in the closet! We stayed in the Caribbean Luxury room. The room was beautiful with a great view- my only complaints was how hard the beds were. There is no box spring, just a mattress on the frame. Our air conditioner also had a hard time keeping up, but thankfully the ceiling fan kept air moving and somewhat cool! The only time we were in our room was for sleeping anyway! We had a super sweet girl named Samantha who checked on us every night to see if we needed anything! I appreciated the cold diet cokes in the fridge every night :) Breakfast at Bayside was always full of choices! Bayside is the buffet style restaurant which we chose to stay with just for the convenience and our 8 and 7 year old. Glendon is a wonderful server and I can't stay enough about Aminah :) My kids LOVED the icecream machines and slush machines for unlimited treats! In the BBQ park there is also a nacho station, popcorn, cookies, pizza slices- so there is always a quick snack! We mostly hung out by the water park and received TOP NOTCH service from Mark!! He kept us hydrated and has the best attitude! The main pool was never too crowded and the kids loved swimming up the bar for smoothies! Akeem took great care of us there and Ariel the life guard was truly a wonderful guy to the kids!!! They loved him!!!!!! If you have a daughter, make sure she gets her hair braided by the pool by Nicolisa! This can be put on your spa credit, but please tip well! Nicolisa is so talented and my daughter just loved her. Red Lane Spa is a great place to go if you have spa credit. Thank you to shantel for the excellent service and talking to me to candidly! I was truly inspired by her!!!!! My kids didn't care for the beach too much because it's really rocky when you walk in. The beach is small, but perfect for kids!! The best part of Beaches is the newspaper you get every night with the next day's activity schedule! The entertainment department does an awesome job putting together fun activities for everyone!! There are arts and crafts, stage shows, games. After swimming all day long, it was nice to relax in the evenings and let the kids watch shows and play. Make sure you stop at the Beaches table and talk to Patrick about rebooking! We can't wait to go back next year :)
"Very Impressed"
08/02/15 hunterczo noneofurfuckinbusiness
Stayed not too long ago just getting around to the review. I stayed and did a site inspection of this property and was blown away. The quality of the rooms is incredible. The property offers many diverse room categories to accommodate families of all shapes and sizes. All updated no tired rooms that I saw. Food was excellent. Service is best of the best. The only thing I don't love about this resort is the price. It is a little through the roof but great for people who have become accommodated to luxury or are looking to do something really special.
"Paradise!"
08/01/15 Vannessa B Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
We just returned from our 5th stay at Beaches Ocho Rios and once again we were not disappointed! This has become our favorite vacation spot. The rooms are beautiful, the food is great, the shows are fun but most of all the staff is outstanding! The staff is the biggest reason we return each year. A few shout outs to our favorite staff: Aaron the bartender at the swim up bar, Nicolisa who braids hair by the main pool, Auntie Pat who entertains the children with awesome crafts, Rodney and Migel who make us laugh every single day with their good nature and Patrick in guest services who helped us book our vacation for next year! We look forward to seeing our Jamaican friends next year!
"Would Definitely Return to Beaches Ocho Rios"
08/01/15 janderson425 North Carolina
We vacationed at Beaches from July 25-31, 2015 and had a wonderful overall experience. Room: We loved staying in the Greek beachfront walkout concierge suite and being able to walk right onto the beach. And sweet Kizzion did an excellent job cleaning our room. The main problem with our room was the mattress on the sleeper sofa was worn out and you would sink into a hole in the middle. We did have a roll away bed,that we used after the first night, instead of the uncomfortable sofa bed. Restaurants: We had an opportunity to eat at all of the restaurants and the food was excellent at each one. Our only complaint was the slow service at Eleanor's, but the delicious food made up for the wait. One of the waitresses from Bayside and Neptunes, Sasha, was excellent and very personable. By the end of the week we felt as if we had known her for years. Entertainment: The entertainment on the main stage at night was well worth watching. Crafts: My teenage daughter loved having an opportunity to make bracelets with sweet Auntie Pat and tie-dyed shirts with funny Miguel. Concierge: The concierge staff was very polite and accommodating. Kimone was so helpful with booking our restaurant reservations, snorkeling and excursions. She has a wonderful sense of humor. Neil was also very helpful and fun during our personal shopping excursion. Beach/Sailboat: We thoroughly enjoyed the sailboat rides with Nejay. The personal attention that we received from him and Rushane while on the beach was remarkable. They both went above and beyond to make sure we were having a good time on the beach. Snorkeling: Our snorkeling adventure was very fun for the entire family. This was our first time snorkeling and Ryan provided excellent advice on what to do and what not to do. We saw lots of fish and were wishing that we could find the time go a second time. Pool: Our first day at the resort we met Ariel. My teenage daughter loves to joke around that she is the little mermaid, so she told this to Ariel. Each time after that, he called her Princess Ariel and even made her a crown out of fern leaves and flowers. Photo Shoot: We had a family photo shoot with Akeen and he did an excellent job of not only capturing our daughter's beauty but the beauty of the sunset and beach as well. In this review, I mentioned a lot of employees names (and I'm sure I left some out) but these people made us feel welcome and enhanced our experience. They remembered us from encounter to encounter and joked around and carried on conversations with us. They are the primary reasons that we did not want to leave and will definitely visit there again.
"Awesome Family Vacation!"
08/01/15 Michelle S
I read many reviews before booking this resort. I must say this resort was awesome! My 12 year old son said on our last day - I like this place! For him to say that after a week without minecraft says it all! We traveled July 25 - 31. Son age 12 and Daughter age 19. First - It is slightly over 2 hour drive to get to the resort. After getting up at 2 am to catch the plane out of St. Louis, this was a long drive, but well worth it. We used Club Mobay for both arrival and departure and I highly recommend. The drive back to the airport was much faster. There are so many activities to do - snorkeling, paddleboarding, hobiecat rides, banana boat rides, etc. Snorkeling and glass bottom boat rides you just have to sign up 24 hours in advance. Once you learned that it was easy to do. The rest you just signed up when you were ready to go and off you went. The resort was supposedly full but it never felt crowded. We easily found beach chairs at all times of the day. We usually spent the morning at the beach and the afternoon at the pool or water park. My son never did any of the tween activities as he's fairly shy when it comes to that, but they looked like fun. We did two offsite excursions - Dunns River and Zipline/tubing combo. Both were excellent. Only thing- bring lots of money for tips for excursions and drivers. Lots of activities going on in the late afternoon and evening at the main pool. The food was good, not great, but not bad. My son never got hungry! The BBQ park has pizza, hamburgers, nachos, popcorn, and ice cream all afternoon and late night. Soda machines and ice cream located in several places throughout the resort. We rented a pool cabana twice and had a great time with it. If you don't feel you have something you need or want, just ask. The staff goes way out of there way to make you feel welcome and find whatever you need. My son wanted a frozen coke. They made him several each day! He loved it. My son was also stung by a jelly fish the first day. Took him to the nurses station and she fixed him right up with vinegar and cortizone cream. Within 20 minutes he was feeling all better. My daughter also made a trip there for an allergic reaction to some bug bite. The weather was great the whole time we were there. There is free wi-fi but it is slow, but since we were on vacation it was doable. We stayed in Greek Village - Room 2216. Great location and we had conceirge service. They were great - booked our excursions, restaurant reservations, and cabana for us and answered all of our questions! The room itself was small and crowded. Only about a foot to walk between the bed and dresser. But we spent very little time there so not too big of a deal. We had a table outside on the patio with a lounge chair right outside the room. We all had a great time and will most definitely be going back!
"I Love This Place"
08/01/15 lasleroy Atlanta, Georgia
Excellent place to take your family. Good quality food. Premium drinks. And the staff is wonderful, friendly, and make sure that each guest is comfortable and having a great time. I have two kids: 11 and 16. Although neither "formally" participated in the kids club activities, Both had plenty of things to do and loads of fun with basketball, waterpark, video games, etc. The waterpark is a great way to cool off. Of course the kids spent A lot of time there. Restaurants served quality food and great meal selections. My husband is a seafood person and couldn't stop talking about how good the lobster and shrimp were. Shout out the the guys working at the swim-up bar. They sure know how to pour good drinks and actually remember your favorites 😊. Rooms were well kept by housekeeping and pretty quiet at night for the most part. I visited this resort seven years ago and upon my recent visit, still found it to be one of the best places I have ever stayed. Won't stay away so long again. Already booked Beaches Negril for next July😀😀!!!
"Fantastic all-inclusive family hotel"
08/01/15 Christine F
We had a great time at Beaches Ocho Rios. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Our children who are 4, 7 and 11 of age thoroughly enjoyed the kids camps and various events on offer. A big shout out to J. Russell who works at the front desk and Orville (very entertaining)! Fullerton
"Home Away from Home"
07/31/15 Michelle1293 Brunswick, Georgia
This is the second summer that we have vacation at Beached Ocho Rios. It was a wonderful experience both summers. We chose to come back because the staff was so accommodating, friendly and overall have turned into family to us. The summer of 2014 was our first international trip, once we landed in Jamaica, it felt like it took forever (2.5 hrs) to get through customs and immigrations. We were then taken to the Beaches/Sandals Arrival lounge where we were greeted by very friendly help with refreshing drinks and snacks. The summer of 2015 we went through Club Mobay for arrival and departure. It is well worth the $80.00 pp for a bundle package, we were through C&I within 20 minutes this time. It is a 2 hour bus trip which gives you a chance to unwind from an exhausting day of travel. We were one of 2 families on the bus each time. The driver was very knowledgable and it felt like we were being given a private tour of the island. We stopped at the half way point for the Traditional Jerk Chicken and might I add, it is worth the 30 minute stop if you havent had Jamacian Jerk Chicken (tell them you want it like the locals, they get it double cooked and you wont look like a tourist). Once we arrived at the Resort, we were greeted with cooling towels with refreshing mint infused, cold rum drinks and that wonderful Jamaican music. We did the online check in and were in our room within 10 minutes. When I made our reservations we requested the same room as we had the year before, and when I made the reservatiion, they of course told me they could not guarntee it, but would make every effort to make it happen, and guess what... we got the same room. My family and I are big into Scuba Diving. If diving is your thing, request room 2101. its is the closest room to the dive shop and dock and has a private deck overlooking the beach. Our Concierge was once again Debbie and of course she remembered us from the year before, our room attendant was Leslie who remembered us as well, it was hugs all around from these two. Our first stop was the dive shop where we were able to see all of our dive family from last year. Janice (Baby J), Judy, Claudy, Mikhayle, and Rooftop the boat captain. Normally you schedule your dive trips 24 hrs in advance, but these guys are so great, they were able to get us on the boat the next morning. The beachfront walk out room that we had was very spacious and was always kept very tidy by our housekeepers, it seemed like every time we would walk out and return, our room had been tidied up. We had no problems about our children feeling safe, the hospitality and compassion of the people is unparallelled to anywhere else we have aver traveled to before. We do wish there was more of a variety of restaurants, Bayside is always great for breakfast and Camille always made us feel at home, Chevy and Davone had us down pat after the 2nd day, they knew what we wanted before we did. Neptunes is my favorite though with their amazing cuisine. Ewart was our server every time we went, and made our visits delightful. Eleanors is great but the menu is alittle limited, and you cant go wrong with the Venitian Italian. The kids really enjoyed the water park and slides, its was a little too busy for me and my husband, the pool to relax at is on the west side of the resort near the fitness center. The main pool has tons of activities for the kids, and best of all a swim up bar for all you parents out there. The drinking age in Jamaica is 18, so parents watch your children closely, they may just get served if they are 18 even if it is not to your liking. The beach watersports and activities are always a plus. The banana boat drivers will really take you for a great ride once get to know you. Russ who helps with the Hobie Cats is always up to give a quick lesson on how to captain that thing. It is much tougher than you think. Diving...lets talk about the diving. The scuba instructors and dive masters are really something else. They are all very funny and light hearted on the land but once that boat leaves the dock, your life is in their hands and they take their jobs very seriously which they should. They are very quick to tell you not to touch or disturb the reefs and not to try to bring anything back that doesnt belong to you. I think that they all do a great job at their jobs along with the Reef advisory council. These reefs are in a state of re-newal and you can tell the difference in just a year of time. The dive masters know every nook and cranny in these waters, they know where all the aquatic and marine life try to hide, we saw everything you could imagine under the water. If you get the opportunity to do a wreck dive or a night dive, DO IT! It is well worth the money for the memories you will bring home with you. I can tell you one thing, the workers at Beaches Ocho Rios has become family to us and we will be back again next year hoping to see all the same smiling, hospitable faces. Janice, Judy, Claudy, Mikhayle, Russ, Chevy, Davon, Camille, Colete, Debbie, Leslie and many more. Keep doing what you are doing guys because you are what make life there great. Thank you all so much for another year full of memories!!