All hotels in Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
269 West Bay Road, Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, KY1-1204, Cayman Islands, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
  • Bar
    Standard bar
    Bad internet service
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"Budget Conscious, Bring Lysol."
Stained sheets. Mold/mildew grout in shower. Baby cockroaches late at night. Air Conditioner never turns off, but never gets cold, good thing there is a squeaky fan to keep you cool at night. No iron in room. WiFi in lobby only. Not all elevators are operational. Regular maintenance is required for this hotel. Bring Lysol, and leave your standards. First, and last visit to this hotel.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
Unyielding
"Dont stay here"
ran out of toilet paper at the worst time, no service at the front desk. Staff was always busy socializing with other employees. Wanted a kitchen so I could cook gluten free meals for my 2 children with Celiac, kitchen was not stocked with anything but a pot and some forks. Would NOT stay here again or recommend it to anyone. We ended up dining out every night.
2 night family trip Oct 19, 2014
Becky
"Good hotel if on budget"
We were worried about the reviews however the hotel is actually not that bad. We even stayed an extra six nights! Yes the hotel needs a make over but our room was clean and was cleaned daily. Bed was soft though and bad for back. Hotel location excellent, near everything and nice and central for exploring rest of island. Pools and beach great. Good restaurants and bars within walking distance. I was worried would be loud at night but not at all, room nice and quiet. Great dive shop on location. We were on a tight budget so its certainly the cheapest hotel on seven mile beach . Just stay if you are on a budget. Good cooking facilties in room to save money on eating out. We would stay here again. No wifi in room , just in lobby.
12 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
Hayley-Jo
"Run Down Hotel"
The staff was very friendly and helpful...the location is great but the hotel needs major renovation
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
karen
"Horrible"
No hot water in the building, no phone in room, no wifi in the room, elevator extremely hot and dirty, tables in lobby extremely dirty !
3 night family trip Aug 24, 2014
Mara
"Best value; perfect for Cayman"
If you're going to Cayman, you're going for Da Beach. Don't worry about your hotel room. So... Treasure Island is perfect for this. Great and friendly staff. A convenient store connected that opens early and stays open late. Amazing swim-up bar. Easy beach access.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Close to town."
Room compares with much higher hotels that we have stayed in.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"great location"
Friendly and helpful staff, nice open resort feel. Private beach and clean pools, but rooms need to be renovated. Kitchen area in room is a plus. Need full size ironing board.
4 night family trip Jul 27, 2014
Treasure Island is a good place to stay if you are in Cayman to enjoy the nightlife.
"Ok for the money"
I wouldn't stay long here It's okay for one or two nights in a bind.
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"Dirty and roach infested"
The hotel was dirty, roaches in the room and the sheets were old and torn. The elevator smell like urine and the room was hot.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
keisha
"Location, location, location"
I read the reviews others had written about this hotel before I booked it and was skeptic, but wanted this hotel for it's location. I was very pleased. Only two small issues with the hotel: my room had very little water pressure in the shower and no a/c in the elevators. Overall, had a great stay in a clean room with an awesome location. I will stay there again. Can't beat the price!
4 night trip Jul 24, 2014
"There was cockroaches in the room"
Roaches in the room sheets were old and torn and the elevator was smelly and dirty. The shower curtain was also dirty and we were only allowed two towels..
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
keisha
"Great Location and value for $"
Stayed 5 nights; Thought hotel was great value for the $; in center of 7 mile beach; about a mile walk to George Town; we stayed on the 5th floor with pool view; had a partial ocean view; there are a few rooms with full ocean view from 5th floor on ocean side of hotel; hotel is not new, but rooms were clean, service was excellent; beds very comfortable. Hotel was one hotel back from beach but connected to Sunshine suites; great pool areas and beach connected. We did spend some time at Marriott (2 hotels down the beach) that had water sports and bar/ rest. on the beach. Would recommend hotel and stay again!
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Dr. Dave
"Nice location"
Pros: Location, Convience store attached, Easy walking distance to town, Room feels safe, Workers were friendly and helpful, Pool Cons: A little dirty/smell, Questionable people hanging around lobby area at night, Wifi isn't avaible in rooms (is in lobby), Bathroom lock didn't work, Doesn't have ocean views like mentioned (set back from ocean, and the beach is very rocky) Overall, this hotel is good if you want a decent place to stay. Don't have too many expectations and you won't be disappointed.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Traveler
"great priced hotel central locate"
been here before and like it. Lively place, alot of local people. great pool, bar and restaurant. great price for seven mile. Beach is nice, people are friendly. Not a five star hotel, but great for our family, we are always in the ocean or traveling the island.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Debbie
"Okay location"
I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. Its nothing fancy, but the staff works hard with what they have. The room was clean and had some nice additions like a stove, frig, plates, glasses, and silverware. I enjoyed the fact that they had a coax cable in the room so I didn't have to go to the lobby to get internet. The gym was ok. They had 4 elliptical machines and no treadmill so that was disappointing. The machines are old and worn, but if you are really interested in working out, this doesn't matter. I got a nice workout. The grounds were really nicely maintain and there were 3 large pools including one with the bar which was really cool. There is also a convenience store on site. The Caymans are expensive. I actually walked down the street about a mile to the Kirk grocery store for my goods. A lot less expensive than buying in these small shops. Along the way I spotted several nice restaurants - one Mexican, a Thai, and Indian. All of them had fantastic food and reasonably priced. The Mexican was the best and least expensive. Thai was good and most expensive. The beach area was walled off and really small, but very quaint. Spend a few nice watching the sun set from out there. The hotel was nice, but I paid $100 a night and I think it should be more about $75, but all in all I had a good time. Last thing. Get some of the local currency at the airport. It will save you some hassles in conversion later on.
4 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Laurence
"Don't ever stay here!"
Absolutely the worst hotel I've stayed in.period. Room lost power for a day,there were only 2 pillows on the crappy spring mattress,and no water pressure.Very dated and dingy. The hotel staff was not very helpful,and it doesn't list in the description that it's also an affordable housing complex. It seemed very out of place on Seven Mile Beach,and it was worse than a Motel 8. My friends stayed in the Marriott, and that hotel was far superior. I understood it was a cheaper hotel,but it shouldn't even be considered. For a couple hundred dollars more,we could have stayed in the Comfort Suites next door for the week.At least they have water pressure and modern mattresses!
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
The staff was very friendly and helpful with any questions we had. The hotel itself needs renovations BADLY. It's in a prime location beautiful beach and a great tiki bar and pool but visually its in sad shape. The lobby is wide open and would look amazing with new paint. The room cleaning was good,they mopped our tile floors and they changed our sheets everyday for fresh ones ..but the pillows smelled a little funky, ( living near the sea i understand that Some of the odors are just from being so near the sea and cannot be helped except by replacing the items that are absorbing them). overall we had a great stay, Its not the Ritz Carlton but if you are only wanting a clean safe place to lay your sunburnt exhausted head then this place is perfect for the price!
5 night family trip May 31, 2014
Surfdiva
"Nice resort close to beach and eateries"
Comfortable stay, a little outdated but who cares to spend time in their room allday when the island is as beautiful as it is...my son and I were happy with it and reasonably priced!
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
Lori
"No "Treasure" Here"
First and foremost, it rained (torrential) every day during our week stay. Not the fault of anyone, but please know that the "rainy season" is from May-September. We have vacationed in the Caymans in February and March and never saw a cloud. I should have checked the weather map more closely. Strike One. The resort is very run down, i.e. flooring tiles throughout the resort have burn marks. Many young people who rent rooms at the resort must not have heard of the health risks of smoking. There is no business center, wireless wi-fi only in the lobby though you can connect hardwired in your room. I brought an iPad so could only connect in the lobby which was inconvenient since that is where the smokers seemed to congregate. Fitness center had a couple treadmills, bikes and a Nautilus machine that must have been 10 years old and none of them worked. The only equipment you could use were the free weights. The pool was not bad. You cannot sit on the lounge chairs. They were cushioned so the rain kept them soaked. Not a fault of the resort though no precaution was attempted to keep them dry, etc. Thank goodness there was reciprocity with the neighboring condo/resort Sunset Cove. They had a nice pool, bar area and small beach area. This is one time where "You get what you pay for" rings true. Pay the extra money and stay at the Comfort Suites a couple doors down. We stayed there last year and it is eons better. I will give it a 1 out 5 for its location.
Other trip May 30, 2014
"Treasure island 7 mile beach"
Hotel was decent & clean & price was good & a few steps from beach,we stayed there for 5 nights.Great walking distance to grocery store & town & bus stop right next to hotel that takes you to town if you don't want to walk for $2.00 and it takes you to the Turtle farm,the hotel is also a couple blocks from Coconut Joes bar & grill.we had to have security come up to our room when we checked in to open our patio door because it seemed to be stuck shut & we felt kinda trapped if there should be an emergency with no second option for an escape route,after security got it to open we still had a very hard time to open & close it! Room had a full kitchen with dishes & utensils,you have to ask for a coffee maker if you want one because there is none in the room!Overall I would stay there again.The hotel has two nice pools & a jacuzzi, but the jets don't work! Also,there is a store on site which is nice!
1 night trip with friends May 20, 2014
Sandy
it was a great resort. relaxed. nice beach. super comfortable big bed. friendly staff. nice pools and swim-up bar. :) also walking distance to restaurants and clubs. i really enjoyed it.
1 night trip May 18, 2014
Went for the Cayman carnival, hotel staff was wonderful, caring, helpful, the best, will definitely stay there again. The room was well stocked with amenities. The service was great, the location was near everything including restaurants, had its own private beach
3 night trip with friends May 2, 2014
Mrs Fete
"needs some serious work!"
Friends and I stayed there last month for a birthday celebration. We read a lot of reviews before deciding to stay there. The location and decent rates finally made up our mind. I'm sad to say that this wasn't my best experience. The hotel has a lot of potential but it's not well kept. There was a strong odor that lingered throughout our stay. Room service is available only between 9 to 5pm, we had to argue for extra toiletries daily, the gift shop barely had any items and the local bartender didn't even know how to make drinks! I did like that we were close to everything and walking distance from the beach. The receptionist was nice but I won't be staying there again.
4 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Jennie C
"In the town"
Basic with no extra Benefits, no guest activities
Other trip May 4, 2014
"In the town"
Basic with no extra Benefits, no guest activities
Other trip May 4, 2014
"You get what you pay for !"
The people at the front desk were extremely helpful and knowledgeable I give them a AA+ for that. A lot of people live there .…Mostly young people that work in the area. The pools were clean and well maintained. Some of the best snorkeling in the area is on our beach out around the rocks and out by the buoy (watch out for jet skiers) Tip.... stay on the 5th floor for the best view , and yes I would stay there again.
Other trip May 2, 2014
"don't stay here!"
Old , dingy, no customer service, NO amenities, depressing. Will never stay here again, even if the price is right.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Good experience"
Although the hotel is old, the rooms are clean and well equipped. The hotel is conveniently locatesd to restaurants and shopping. The only missing was WIFI in the rooms.
Other trip May 1, 2014
Marina
"Treasure Island does the job"
For what we needed, a place to sleep and shower, frig and microwave, this hotel did the job. We also had the added benefit of a patio, a short walk to the beach, beach towels, 3 pools and 2 bars. Was it luxurious, no. But was it adequate at a reasonable price, yes.
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
"Best price to be on 7 mile beach"
When it was new I sure it was a very nice hotel. Now it is a bit rundown, but for the price you can't beat it. It has 3 pools and is right on 7 Mile Beach. It was clean and every room has a kitchenette. If you are looking for a beautiful resort with lots of amenities, this is not the place, but if you just need a clean place to sleep so you can enjoy everything offered by being in a great location then this will work.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"On the beach perfect"
A lot of fun and great transportation access. Two great pools if he have kids.
Other trip Apr 20, 2014
patti
"Old"
Pro - cheap Con - no wi-fi, unfriendly, dingy...
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2014
Erik
"Very good, basic hotel with excellent staff"
It was much cheaper than hotels/resorts in the vicinity. It was a bit unfortunate that there was an outdoor bar close by, the patrons made lots of noise into the early hours of the morning. I'd prefer to sleep with the window open to listen to the sounds of the ocean, but this was not really possible. In spite of that drawback, this was a good place to stay, the staff were very, very welcoming and helpful.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"Hotel is okay in a bind..."
The hotel is along West Bay Road, but at the very beginning of Seven Mile Beach. I felt as if I were in an old rundown apartment building. There are dishes and silverware; however, mine were rusted and there was no dish soap or paper towels provided. The safe in my room was also broken. I do not plan on staying here again, even though I did not have very many issues. Also rooms can be rented by the month and many locals actually live here. They do not super ate those who are living at the hotel from those that are temporary, weekly guests, which I did not like.
5 night business trip Apr 6, 2014
Lindsey
"Worst stay ever"
Place should be torn down. I heard from the locals that many years ago it was the place to stay in Cayman. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
"Nice without frills!"
I feel it is getting bad reviews by people who do not get to other Islands. Grounds are kept up Pools cleaned daily. .Rooms are small. I was surprised to see no hair dryers, Little things like air dryers, clock radio's snd irons would be helpful. The beach was one of the nicest for the size and price. Very quite and peaceful beach. Needs the restaurant to open up again. Little things could be down to make this a #5 hotel.
Other trip Apr 6, 2014
gail
"almost on the beach"
This hotel is an older vintage resort in a decent location. The rooms have not been updated but are acceptable. Somewhat noisy.
7 night family trip Mar 24, 2014
dave
"NICE BEACH BUT THE HOTEL ALITTLE SHABBY"
I THINK A 2 STAR BUT NOT 21/2 EVERYONE WAS VERY NICE BUT UNPROFESSIONAL NEVER AN OFFER OF TOWELS, YOU GET AN IRON BUT NO BOARD, NO DO NOT DISTURB, 1 BATH TOWEL A PC. WHICH CONSERVING IS NICE CAN UNDERSTAND IT. YES IT IS VERY CASUAL VERY.. NO ONE KNOWS WHERE ANYTHING IS EXCEPT THE NICE LADIES IN THE LITTLE STORE ON THE PROPERTY THEY WERRE VERY HELPFUL. i DON'T THINK WE EVEN HAD TO FILL ANYTHING OUT ON ARRIVAL JUST SAID WHATS YOUR NAME SIGN HERE GAVE A KEY A THAT'S IT! KRISTINA AT HE OUTSIDE BAR WAS VERY GOOD AND HELPFUL AND THE FOOD THERE WAS GOOD. THE ELEVATORS REALLY DIRTY. I DON'T THINK THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH STAFF JUST THE HOTEL IS RUN DOWN.
Other trip Mar 28, 2014
anita
"Looks nice from the outside"
Was only there overnight but must say I'm glad! The girl that checked us in was pleasant & friendly and the room was clean. Rooms have outside entrances and the trip down the walkways to the rooms appeared that many of the rooms were perhaps occupied by local residents?? There were some balconies full of laundry hanging out to dry. The "front desk" appeared closed when we returned from dinner and there was no alarm clock in the room so we depended on a cell phone for an 04:45 wake up call. "Front desk" still closed when we wanted to check out at 05:30 so we just got in our car & left! While packing the car to leave, someone was sleeping on one of the couches!! (It is an open air, walk thru, drive thru type reception area) For the money spent for the night, we expected more!!
Other trip Mar 25, 2014
"No problems"
For the price on this expensive island I think it was good and go back. The only thing I would say is I wish they had wifi in the rooms. If you had a plug you could pug into net but other wise you had to go to the hotel lobby to get wifi.
5 night trip Mar 13, 2014
"Exactly what I expected for the price."
I had read all the reviews before my trip. I got exactly what I expected. For the price it is perfect. Not the nightmare that I expected. When my husband and I go on vacation we spend all our time out doors. We only want a place to lay our heads at night and shower. This is the perfect spot for it. It was nice to be able to have access to three pools when we wanted to and easy access to the beach and snorkeling. We called Beach Bums to rent a jet ski and take a tour of Sting Ray City......ask for Yusef. He picked us up from our hotel and was very knowledgeable and helpful. If you need to rent a car call Andy's Car Rental. We had a memorable time and can't wait to go back next year. We will definitely stay in the same hotel. It is within walking distance to everything in town.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
honey/anniversa
"OK for Inexpensive Business Travel"
This is an older hotel that also serves as an apartment complex. The lobby is dusty, open air, dark and outdated, as are the surrounding hallways and common areas. However, what caused me to rate it as a 3 overall, instead of something lower, are 1) The staff were extremely helpful about any request or question, 2) The room itself was fine - everything worked - good A/C, clean sheets and towels, working kitchenette, several plugs, several international TV stations, 3) Central location. However, the floor in the room was very dirty - so I wore shoes or socks while there. It is not very close to the beach. The property smells a bit moldy. The internet only works in the lobby, but the lobby is open air and can sometimes be a bit crowded. If you are travelling during high season, and need a less expensive business hotel, you can make this one work.
3 night business trip Mar 17, 2014
Frequent Business Travelelr
"Cheapest, clean, no frills"
Cheapest hotel on Grand Cayman. Definitely no frills. Door to outside balcony on fifth floor didn't close all the way or lock. Got a bath mat on one out five days. The room was very clean and cleaned each day. There is no "Do Not Disturb" sign, so this isn't optional. Great location! Nice looking pool, although we didn't use it. No closets, but the room is big with 2 queen beds and a day bed. Staff are very pleasant, but not overly speedy in responding to requests (help with locking the safe).
Other trip Mar 23, 2014
KD
It works if you need to extend a trip. It doesn't pretend to be its top of the line competition. It's clean and convenient.
2 night family trip Mar 15, 2014
Bdp
"Lovely beach area."
The room was neat and clean. The beach area was very nice. Good location. Desk receptionist Bernice was very helpful.
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
vikki
"Stay somewhere else"
Positives First: There were no bugs. There were no rodents. The room was fairly clean and serviceable. It was affordable. That's where the positives end. The lady at the front desk was rude and totally useless. The room was ok but had no iron, no hairdryer, no alarm clock (in fact no clock of any kind) and was as basic as they come. It did have a small kitchenette which was nice. Half of the hotel had people living in it. No kidding. It was full of migrant type workers on the island which made it weird. The internet worked great but there was no wireless at all. Unless you have a laptop with a T-1 plug you're plum out of luck. There were two pools. One was nice and the other seemed to be littered with the migrant workers kids and family's. This "hotel" (or more appropriately hostel) was NOT on the beach if that is important to you. If you are here to dive "Spike" down in the dive shop outside the hotel was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Freinds stayed at the Marriott down the street and I highly recommend staying there instead. Either way, enjoy GCM. Great island.
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
"In need of an update"
WiFi in the room is essential to any comfort hotel. They really need to add this feature.
2 night business trip Mar 13, 2014
"Seriously Run Down"
This hotel is a large complex that is now largely occupied by permanent residents seeking cheap housing. Years ago this was a nice place but now it is in my opinion unsuitable for children. I spent the evening tending to my upset daughter who did not feel safe there. Fortunately we only stayed one night.
2 night business trip Mar 6, 2014