All hotels in Westlake, Ohio, United States of America
25052 Sperry Dr, Westlake, OH, 44145, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Pretty good but flawed"
Pretty good hotel with some glaring flaws. If you're going to have an extended stay, this would be good because the rooms have a kitchen. Staff was polite and helpful. Now the flaws. Cleanliness: one glass and one coffee cup had a lipstick print. There was a dark curley hair on the toilette seat and a couple in the bath tub. The Bed: the mattress was very very soft and broken down. Each side had such a deep depression that my wife slept on the very outer edge and as for me, my back just couldn't take it; I spent a little time on the floor.
Response by Towneplace Suites By Marriott Cleveland Westlake
Thank you for your review. So glad you enjoyed our hotel. All of our rooms have fully stocked kitchens. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness did not meet your nor our standards. We have taken this opportunity to share your feedback with our housekeeping team. We have provided additional training with the team. I would like to welcome you back to see that your experience is not the norm. Sincerely, Erica
3 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"unhappy"
the hallway smelled really bad, and hotel overpriced
2 night family trip May 1, 2015
Hotel was very clean and bed was comfortable. We would stay in this hotel again.
Response by Towneplace Suites By Marriott Cleveland Westlake
Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon. Sincerely, Erica Todhunter General Manager
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
"Townplace Suites, Westlake, OH"
Very nice hotel. Room was clean, bed firm. Helpful staff.
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2015
Timothy
"comfortable clean hotel"
Spacious rooms that appear to have been recently redone and nicely appointed. Entry looks a little tired, but overall a comfortable and clean place to stay.
1 night romance trip Feb 27, 2015
"Quiet Stay"
Clean room and quiet, peaceful considering pet friendly. The bed wasn't the most comfortable but certainly I have slept in more uncomfortable hotel beds. I enjoyed having my pup with me and would stay again. Breakfast attendant could have been available more frequently to refill coffee thermos and stock but not too big a deal.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
Shelly
"Not worth the price"
Everything about this hotel was average. Not worth $129 a night. Maid forgot to clean the room. Front desk staff was less than helpful.
2 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
Dennis
Good didn't stay to long no more matter One More Matter Matter Matter One One End even I I To The I
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
This was the 2nd time we stayed here. It is a very clean and quiet hotel. This time we were awakened by the refrigerator turning on in the middle of the night but aside from that, bed and room was comfortable. We love the location. You can walk to restaurants, etc. and was close to University of Cleveland and downtown by car. Overall nice hotel for the price.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"Super nice staff"
Great rooms, everything you need for an extended stay.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Djnitro12
"Perfect location and excellent accomodations"
Staying at the Towneplace Suites was wonderful- we were close to great restaurants and our family as we visited from out of town. The room was clean and spacious and we loved having the galley kitchen, very convenient! The entire staff was friendly and helpful. We would certainly stay here again!
3 night trip Apr 17, 2014
"Very Nice"
Excellent hotel and staff was great too. Very friendly and knowledgeable about the surrounding area. Room was immaculate and had every amenity you needed. The beds were a tad too soft for my liking, but the sheets and comforter were higher end than most hotels at this price.
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2013
"Nice stay BUT a bit disappointing"
Pros: The hotel was very clean and up to date overall. The breakfast food was delicious and of a wide variety. The breakfast area was clean and maintained. The lobby was stocked and clean. The staff was friendly, but didn't go out of their way. The hallway was clean. We really liked the kitchen and couch in our room. They were an added bonus. Cons: Our room had a few bits of trash left behind. In the kitchen there was a sugar wrapped on the counter. Beside the couch, there was a clear razor cover and two twist tops from a juice bottle. The staff was not able to take AAA membership rebate we had. They should be able to accommodate multiple rebates. Was not told about the $30 refundable deposit when we booked our room. At 4:25 AM the room next to us had an alarm go off for 5 minute duration every ten minutes for an hour. We couldn't sleep. I called the front desk after it went off three times. The first call, they didn't answer. The second time I called they told me they would check on it. Still the alarm kept going off. So I called a third time. This time they told me that the person next to us was with a company who frequently stays with them and that he would be getting up soon. So we endured the alarm. Worst night sleep in a hotel to date. I would stay at the hotel again and recommend it to others, but there needs to be a few changes.
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
m
"Acceptable"
Unfortunately, they tried to charge a $75 pet fee (which was not disclosed on the website). They removed the charge only when I prepared to cancel my reservation.
1 night trip Nov 3, 2013
"Great staff and location"
Staff was great. Bed was a little too soft my liking but my husband loved it. Very clean overall. We only stayed one night but I would think a longer stay would be very comfortable. The location is right off the highway so you can get to Cleveland quickly, if you have to.
1 night trip Nov 2, 2013
Suzy
"Nice hotel close to the freeway."
We enjoyed our stay. The small kitchen was great for snacks and quick meals on the go. The sofa bed was rather uncomfortable, but the bed was great.
Other trip Oct 6, 2013
"Nice clean hotel, great value"
This is our second time staying at Towneplace Suites (other time was in Harrisburg) and have come to expect clean facilities from this chain all around and our expectations were fully met. The hotel is in great condition and very clean from the lobby, hallways (carpeting) and the rooms of course. We were on the 1st floor so we didn't see/use the elevator. It's a pleasure when we stay at Townplace Suites now as we have a child and have no worries about him walking around without slippers. Wifi speed in our room was good and stable. In room kitchen, fridge and microwave are always a plus for families. On site laundry is another benefit. Breakfast was included, but offerings (cereal, milk, yogurt, muffins, bagels, bread, fruit - that's about it) were a little sparse compared to our other stay in Harrisburg. Any breakfast is still appreciated though. Hotel is located about 10 minutes from downtown Cleveland and rates were a bit cheaper. We'd definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Sep 29, 2013
Francis
Pleasant stay. Interiors recently updated.
6 night business trip Jul 14, 2013
"Beautiful Views of Manhattan"
Great stay, very convenient. It was unfortunate that we had to wait an hour for our transportation to Manhatten, public transportation gliche. Also the room smelled like smoking air being cycled through. But Hotel was great.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2013
"Family visit"
Overall the Hotel was exactly as pictured and described on the hotel.com website. It is the 2nd time we have stayed there. It is a great location for us for family visits. Plenty of restaurants and entertainment especially with Crocker Park so close and Cleveland and it's surrounding eclectic neighborhoods so close.
3 night trip Feb 8, 2013
"Well worth it"
The hotel isn't too easy to find because it is behind another one, but it is close to the expressway. We arrived at night in a thunderstorm though, so that may have been part of the reason we had trouble finding it. The rooms are older but kept up very well.
Business trip Jan 31, 2013
Abstrax

TripAdvisor reviews for TownePlace Suites Cleveland Westlake

"A Suite for Two"
07/24/15 Janice C
I went to an evaluation at Cleveland Clinic. All the hotels close to the hospital were booked so other Marriott hotels were suggested. With the hospital price and a beautiful 2 bedroom suite with living room, kitchen and eating area if we need to come back, this is worth the extra few minutes drive.
"Customer Service Worth The Stay"
06/08/15 kjhall greenwood, in
While my husband being hospitalized in Cleveland for a lung transplant I stayed at Towneplace for over two months. And although it was not the most prestigious property I have stayed at, the customer service was great. Under the circumstances both the front desk and maintenance were always helpful and friendly. The only downside was the limited cable channels. (You tend to spend a lot of time in the room when it is not a vacation trip.). There are several restaurants close by plus the rooms have small kitchenettes. We would definitely recommend this to anyone staying in the area.
"Daughter's graduation from Oberlin"
05/26/15 Mark W
My extended family just spent 3 nights while visiting Oberlin for our daughters graduation. It was the only dependable name brand hotel that offered a 2 bedroom suite, necessary for our party of 5. We are Marriott reward members and always look first at their options. First the positive: reasonable nightly rate, clean, well maintained, comfortable beds, good climate control, friendly accommodating staff, nice kitchen area w full stove/oven/ microwave, small but nice workout room w modern equipment. The negatives: choose a room facing the front as there is a railroad line close to the hotel in the rear and freight train horns occurred in the middle of the night disturbing sleep; breakfast bare boned continental with packaged muffins in small room, though another Marriott shares site with a full hot breakfast for purchase and Starbucks; pull out sofa in living room has thin uncomfortable mattress; overcharged for room compared to promised rates when booked online at Marriott site, apologetically refunded on checkout. Overall wound recommend stay here with above noted.
"Weekend stay in Westlake"
05/19/15 Melanie D Columbus, Ohio
For a quick weekend stay, the location was easy to find and convenient to our family. Our room was clean, quiet, had free wifi, and met all of our needs. The only downside is when we went down to get breakfast, there were out of coffee and the only food left at breakfast bar was English muffins. We left and went out for breakfast. We would stay again.
"Exactly what you would hope..."
05/11/15 Jon W Lakewood, Ohio
How does one come to stay for a month and a half ten miles from one's home? Well, anyone with a burst pipe can understand how this situation begins. Yes, we were literally at this hotel for over six weeks due to damage to our home. The stay was paid for entirely by insurance and we needed long-term housing for two adults, a child, and two cats. Certainly we were inconvenienced by being out of our home and ideally this wouldn't have happened, but the hotel absolutely helped us make the best of a bad situation. The staff from front desk to housekeeping to maintenance (yeah, you do get to know maintenence in six weeks) was extremely professional and more important always friendly. One day, the maintenance man saw us outside and mentioned that he'd finished fixing a small problem in our room- honestly, that's the kind of attention you'd only expect from a far more upscale brand. Make no mistake: this isn't the Four Seasons. There's no spa, the breakfast spot has your basic cereal and bagel layout, and the halls can smell a little too much like the dinner recipes from 20 different countries all combined. But for what you pay here and what you'd expect, they more than deliver.
"Great Westlake option"
03/04/15 jody02145 Somerville, Massachusetts
We stayed one night only but were very happy with the experience. I chose it to get a reasonably priced suite with a separate bedroom - my boyfriend stays up much later than me watching TV and I needed sleep. I didn't realize the hotel is geared toward extended stays, I'm guessing mainly for medical reasons, which made it feel a little homier and a bit like a rehab facility and really comfy. The 1BR suite was huge and fully handicap accessible. It had a kitchenette with microwave, fridge, dishwasher, dishes, etc. Big bathroom with lots of hand bars. The AC/heat unit was a bit loud but not overly so. The breakfast room was bright and cheerful and a great perk. The young woman at the front desk could not have been nicer. We called on the way from the airport at about 930p to ask if area restaurants would still be open and she checked a bunch for closing times. As it turned out, our choices were a bit limited that late on a Sunday so she was a great help. We ended up at Hooleys which I think is a local favorite and a two minute walk from the hotel. Kind of a roadhouse with good pub food. A bit loud and dark but we were too hungry to care. Folks should be aware that the hotel is long rather than tall - like a cruise ship - so there can be a bit of walking to/from the lobby. Good exercise for us but others might want to be closer. The front desk girl did ask about room preferences but we didn't have any at check in time. They work with a cab driver named Danny who also was exceptionally kind to us the next morning. He took us to an appt and then to the airport for a good price. We kept his phone number for future reference.
"Holidays"
01/13/15 dennis s Somerville, Massachusetts
The hotel is a little dated but very clean and they offer free breakfast and wifi. All rooms have a kitchen. Only an outdoor pool but guests can use the indoor pool at the courtyard, which is right next door. The gym is small, one 2 machine and some dumbells.
"More like a condo..."
01/06/15 kwilliamskw
If I was only reviewing the rooms... the review would be stellar. There were 5 of us in our party, hotel rooms can be 'very cramped' to say the least. But, this room was more like a condo! A full kitchen with new appliances, living room, and 2 separate bedrooms. The beds were sooooo comfortable!! Now for the down side, we came in late and were from out of town, there was road construction going on, so this place was nearly impossible to get too. The girl in the office never explained exactly which building our room was in, so hauling 3 kids and luggage around in the freezing cold, way after midnight was not pleasant. We ended up in 3 different buildings before we found ours. (the set-up is strange) There was a HORRIBLE food smell permeating through the hallway and it was lingering in our room. This is a pet-friendly hotel-- I'm fine with that, but, literally EVERY guest had dogs... that were barking.... ALL through the night. The price is fair for the size of the room. Families would not need to purchase adjoining rooms.
"It was an interesting stay"
12/29/14 Rebecca C Nixa, Missouri
First things first, there were a few bumps in my road. I had asked in my reservation, plus called in to be placed near an exit. I was near the exit for the lobby, which meant that every time I had to take my dogs out, I either had to go through people checking in, or down a VERY long hallway shaped like an L to get outside. Not very fun to do with a 14 year old dog, and 5 month old dog. My room was clean, bed was fantastic, cleaning staff was great. Front desk staff was very sweet and patient, except for one woman that I will not name. The door to room 103 sticks, so its difficult to open, and does not close all the way behind you. It sticks on the carpet. Needless to say, after arriving back to my room from a full Christmas day, and 5-6 year old girl was in my room asking to "pet the puppies." The door had to be pulled shut. This was an inconvenience when your trying to get in and out with dogs trying to follow you. Otherwise, great stay and I will come back .
"hidden jewel"
10/01/14 anjosjest Brighton, United Kingdom
We found this hotel in the suburbs of Cleveland by chance. It was in a very leafy and peaceful area. Next to the park and ride to downtown. It was an easy 20 min drive to downtown for sightseeing. Being out of town it did not carry the big ticket prices of downtown hotels. It was clean, comfortable with very friendly staff. There were plenty of nearby stores and resteraunts. It was great after a busy day downtown to come back and relax.